PDA

View Full Version : Would Landry Fields win Rookie of The Year if Griffin played last year ??

knicks09
01-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Everyone is gonna say that John Wall would win it but I think Fields would deserve it more seeing how well he's playing and he was a 2nd round pick. Charles Barkley (who usually bashes NY) even said that he feels he is the best rookie this year other than Griffin. What do u guys think ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bqHYCh7-BU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

thekmp211
01-28-2011, 07:30 PM
nope, as long as wall stays healthy, he's the number 2 guy. for a lot of reasons. why cant you just enjoy your nice, young player and not worry about how he stacks up to everyone else?

The Dream
01-28-2011, 07:31 PM
nope, as long as wall stays healthy, he's the number 2 guy. for a lot of reasons. why cant you just enjoy your nice, young player and not worry about how he stacks up to everyone else?

did you not read the thread title?

Kobes a Killer
01-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Not even close, it would obviously be Wall, ROY is based more on stats then how well you help you team (Fields is so far from the reason the knicks are relevant) The fact that he is a 2nd rounder means he is the biggest steal of the draft, not rookie of the year

thekmp211
01-28-2011, 07:33 PM

yes. i did. did you read what i wrote?

griffin is playing this year. wall is 2, his question is essentially is landry fields the second best rookie this year. my answer is, no, he isn't, and he wouldn't win the award over wall if griffin had played last year.

the question has been asked 1000 times on this forum.

Kobes a Killer
01-28-2011, 07:34 PM

Umm yes, we all read the thread title, if BG played last year would blah blah blah, not if Wall and BLake played yast year

Kakaroach
01-28-2011, 07:36 PM
I'd say for sure he would be. He is a perfect role player, not All-Star material but certainly good enough for ROY. All on a winning team. He'd get my vote if there wasn't the Blakeshow in LA.

thekmp211
01-28-2011, 07:38 PM
ladies and gentlemen, john wall is averaging 9.3 assists per game..

roshan3ai
01-28-2011, 07:45 PM
ladies and gentlemen, john wall is averaging 9.3 assists per game..

On a team that is beyond awful. It's easy to get stats on a losing team. Fields is doing all of this on a winning team. It's very impressive. Wall definitely has more talent, but Fields is playing the best. He's shooting above 50% for a SG, which is fantastic. He leads ALL NBA GUARDS in boards. And he is the absolute perfect role player. That's more impressive than stats on a losing team IMO.

Sportfan
01-28-2011, 07:48 PM
it's easy to get assists on a bad team? I lol'd

xxplayerxx23
01-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Wall would win it easy. Fields does a lot of stuff that dont show up on the stat sheet. Wall is a machine. Wall is the better rookie stat wise. Fields is huge for ny but if he was on a slowed pace offensive team im not sure he would do what he does now. Either way fields has been a nice surprise, but Not ROY material even if griffen wasnt a rookie sorryguys :(

save the knicks
01-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Yes, but sports center doesn't show Landry fields highlights so most of these people will say Wall.

Fields has Wall beat in every cat except assists and points and he is a heck of a lot more durable

ATX
01-28-2011, 07:53 PM

:laugh2:

Me too.

thekmp211
01-28-2011, 07:54 PM
On a team that is beyond awful. It's easy to get stats on a losing team. Fields is doing all of this on a winning team. It's very impressive. Wall definitely has more talent, but Fields is playing the best. He's shooting above 50% for a SG, which is fantastic. He leads ALL NBA GUARDS in boards. And he is the absolute perfect role player. That's more impressive than stats on a losing team IMO.

lol. so his terrible teammates make the assists easier to come by? i thought rondo only got his 13 a game because he had 4 hall of fame players to pass to? shouldnt no one be able to get assists on the wizards?

its not easy to post over 9 assists a game, period. especially as a rookie, especially when you're playing with black holes like andray blatche and nick young. so, you're just plain wrong to amount his stats to that.

fields has the luxury of literally having to do nothing besides what he is good at. wall, on the other hand, is forced to be the best player on an nba team at age 20. the learning curve is much, much steeper in his case.

throw fields on a team where he's the number one option and creator. lets see what happens. there's just no comparison.

again, i really like the guy. but you knicks fans need to be happy with what you've got and just let it be. we're all happy for you, but enough already.

thekmp211
01-28-2011, 07:55 PM

honestly..

save the knicks
01-28-2011, 07:55 PM
The Wizards entire team is set up to serve John Wall.

And yeah its easy to get stats during garbage time and since the Wiz are so bad they are in Garbage time an awful lot

black1605
01-28-2011, 07:56 PM
So are Knicks fans trying to make PSD hate Landry Fields, or are they really this obnoxious.

save the knicks
01-28-2011, 07:57 PM
So are Knicks fans trying to make PSD hate Landry Fields, or are they really this obnoxious.

I think its just that Anti NY bias all you Midwesterners seem to have.

thekmp211
01-28-2011, 07:58 PM
The Wizards entire team is set up to serve John Wall.

And yeah its easy to get stats during garbage time and since the Wiz are so bad they are in Garbage time an awful lot

dude, wall plays with scrubs. his job is harder because of that.

why do you have to hate on wall? why can't he just be a great young player on a bad team?

ATX
01-28-2011, 07:58 PM
lol. so his terrible teammates make the assists easier to come by? i thought rondo only got his 13 a game because he had 4 hall of fame players to pass to? shouldnt no one be able to get assists on the wizards?

its not easy to post over 9 assists a game, period. especially as a rookie, especially when you're playing with black holes like andray blatche and nick young. so, you're just plain wrong to amount his stats to that.

fields has the luxury of literally having to do nothing besides what he is good at. wall, on the other hand, is forced to be the best player on an nba team at age 20. the learning curve is much, much steeper in his case.

throw fields on a team where he's the number one option and creator. lets see what happens. there's just no comparison.

again, i really like the guy. but you knicks fans need to be happy with what you've got and just let it be. we're all happy for you, but enough already.

This

SeoulBeatz
01-28-2011, 07:59 PM

true, but im pretty sure if u swapped john wall for felton, wall would put up some sick numbers in that offense.

you can't choose where you play. (unless ur lebron)

dont even lie :)

black1605
01-28-2011, 07:59 PM
I think its just that Anti NY bias all you Midwesterners seem to have.

I'm from the Midwest?

In any event, he is a nice rookie, but he is just that, a rookie who has played half a season in the NBA. Why do we need all these threads about him in the NBA forum?

Go_NUGGETS
01-28-2011, 08:00 PM
LMAO @ Knicks fans.

save the knicks
01-28-2011, 08:01 PM

why do you have to hate on wall? why can't he just be a great young player on a bad team?

Scrubs? C'mon son this is the NBA.

All im saying is that Wall gets a lot of court time against back ups because the Wiz are so bad. Also, do you really think teams are playing 100% when they are controlling the game up by 15 in the third? Listen to any ex player and theyll say its easy to put up numbers on a bad team. Andre Blatche last year is a perfect example as well as Al Harrington and David Lee.

save the knicks
01-28-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm from the Midwest?

In any event, he is a nice rookie, but he is just that, a rookie who has played half a season in the NBA. Why do we need all these threads about him in the NBA forum?

Here's an idea. If you dont like a thread stay out of it. Better yet if you've got something thats more discussion worthy, why not make a new topic?

South, Midwest, where ever yall hate NY

sunsfan88
01-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Nope. I got 2 words for you.

John Wall.

Kyben36
01-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Everyone is gonna say that John Wall would win it but I think Fields would deserve it more seeing how well he's playing and he was a 2nd round pick. Charles Barkley (who usually bashes NY) even said that he feels he is the best rookie this year other than Griffin. What do u guys think ??

Where you are picked has nothing to do with ROY, ROY has to do with being the best Rokie of the year, and fields isnt.

xxplayerxx23
01-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Nick young is no scrub:)

thekmp211
01-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Scrubs? C'mon son this is the NBA.

All im saying is that Wall gets a lot of court time against back ups because the Wiz are so bad. Also, do you really think teams are playing 100% when they are controlling the game up by 15 in the third? Listen to any ex player and theyll say its easy to put up numbers on a bad team. Andre Blatche last year is a perfect example as well as Al Harrington and David Lee.

man, i know what you mean, but the wizards are just bad. they dont have one talented player (besides wall, so far) that doesn't have a set of issues to go along with the talent.

i get what you're saying, but i think assists are a lot different. it's clear from watching the guy that he is a natural passer, and having watched him against first units enough this season i can say he holds his own there, too.

wall has his own set of problems, definitely isn't more polished, but he is filling a huge role as a rookie and putting up some pretty stellar numbers in the process.

Raidaz4Life
01-28-2011, 08:11 PM
John Wall.... its ridiculous to think otherwise.

black1605
01-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Here's an idea. If you dont like a thread stay out of it. Better yet if you've got something thats more discussion worthy, why not make a new topic?

South, Midwest, where ever yall hate NY

Thanks for the idea, but I usually only take advice from people who have a basic understanding of geography.

netsgiantsyanks
01-28-2011, 08:15 PM
ha.

save the knicks
01-28-2011, 08:19 PM
I understand Geography just fine thanks. So take my advice. Maybe a thread about grits? Perhaps professional bull riding? I know! How about a how to turn your pick up into a hot tub thread?

thekmp211
01-28-2011, 08:20 PM
ill put it this way...wall is on pace for the second highest assist avg for a rookie in history, ahead of oscar robertson and behind mark jackson.

Supa
01-28-2011, 08:21 PM

Great effort, ugly finish.

He is a great draft pick, to be sure, but only Knick's fans will do all these what if threads for ROY award

It will probably be two dozens similar threads by the end of the season.

---

black1605
01-28-2011, 08:21 PM
I understand Geography just fine thanks. So take my advice. Maybe a thread about grits? Perhaps professional bull riding? I know! How about a how to turn your pick up into a hot tub thread?

Resort to silly stereotypes, well played! You're a credit to your fan base.

save the knicks
01-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Resort to silly stereotypes, well played! You're a credit to your fan base.

Hold on, let me go download a jeff foxworthy album so i can get a few more.

xxplayerxx23

He is a great draft pick, to be sure, but only Knick's fans will do all these what if threads for ROY award

---

some knicks fans take it too far. He has done great but he is the third best rookie this year.

EaglePride615
the award is rookie of the year. not best find in the draft.

netsgiantsyanks
01-28-2011, 08:26 PM

wow.

Rapsjaysleafs
01-28-2011, 08:27 PM
I LOVE Fields but will he even get a first place vote?

Bulls_fan90
01-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Another Fields thread....Derrick Rose is getting jealous.

Hunter48MVP
01-28-2011, 08:31 PM
I actually think Landry Fields could have won the rookie of the year if Griffin did play last year.

THE MTL
01-28-2011, 08:34 PM

Yea but on a team so awful, its hard to get such a high assist number though. U think Rondo could average 13apg without having such great talent around him.

As much as I like Landry Fields (my Knicks). But John Wall would win it easily. Only thing that might be a toss up is if he actually has the amount of games played in order to qualify for the reward. But as long as he would qualify, he would win the award.

And if John Wall was fully healthy this season, I would vote him over Blake Griffin cause he is doing more with less talent.

The Dream
01-28-2011, 08:36 PM
the award is rookie of the year. not best find in the draft.

and fields has been top 3 in ROY and was the best find in the 2010 draft so your post is meaningless

TheDiggler
01-28-2011, 08:36 PM
I really like him and think he would be a legit ROY.

sargon21
01-28-2011, 08:53 PM
I think it's close lol

I must be drinkin that Landry kool-aid.

EaglePride615
and fields has been top 3 in ROY and was the best find in the 2010 draft so your post is meaningless

top 3 doesnt win rookie of the year. which was the question.

LTS
Cousins is making a push for ROY but him or wall would be fore Landry not that hes not the steal of the draft though

Knicks21
01-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Great player, but i would take john wall over him in a heartbeat.

Flash3
01-28-2011, 09:23 PM
well wall is 2nd on the nba "rookie ladder"

DwayneMVPwade
01-28-2011, 09:24 PM
no, John wall

gbrl
01-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Another Fields thread....Derrick Rose is getting jealous.

:laugh2:

dominater6192
01-28-2011, 09:33 PM
It's half a season if wall is healthy its not even close. If he can stay healthy for the second half its not even close. Fields is a solid player, a stealin the draft, but is he the reason the Knicks are above .500? No Felton, Galinari, Chandler, and Stoudemire are the reason. So to say he should win it because he is on a .500 team (barely) is beyond stupid.

dtmagnet
01-28-2011, 09:43 PM

Since when is rookie of the year a team award? Its not, John Wall is a better individual player than Landry Fields and if you can't see that you're just a blind homer.

bowdown27
01-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Charles barkley said it last night on TNT. If blake griffin wouldhave played last year then laundry fields should and would win rookie of they year but all in all it doesn't matter. It's about what if etc etc

dominater6192
01-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Since when is rookie of the year a team award? Its not, John Wall is a better individual player than Landry Fields and if you can't see that you're just a blind homer.

Couldntagree more

thekmp211
01-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Charles barkley said it last night on TNT. If blake griffin wouldhave played last year then laundry fields should and would win rookie of they year but all in all it doesn't matter. It's about what if etc etc

god hath spoken!

Algmuskrats
01-28-2011, 09:58 PM

Hes not healthy tho, so your argument is completely irrelevant.

Algmuskrats
01-28-2011, 09:59 PM
god hath spoken!

LOL :clap:

blastmasta26
01-28-2011, 10:29 PM
C'mon man, as a Knick fan, I love Fields. But he's behind Wall right now.

Kashmir13579
01-28-2011, 11:38 PM

---

haha i agree. there was already an active fields thread too. :facepalm:

cargobox
01-29-2011, 02:42 AM
Rookie of the Year candidates are usually number 1 options for their team, so nah.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-29-2011, 03:14 AM
haha i agree with some of you on the knicks fans ridin his dick so hard.
i mean dont get me wrong he def. was the steal of the draft and a very nice player...but come on ROY?? haha no way man.

DerekRE_3
01-29-2011, 03:17 AM
The precedent has already been set multiple times that team performance means nothing for ROY. Melo helped the Nuggets get to the playoffs his first year and put up good numbers. Lebron won. Brandon Jennings' team made the playoffs last year. Tyreke won.

This year it would be between Wall and Cousins, with Wall leading it if Griffin played last year.

Mplsman
01-29-2011, 03:24 AM
John Wall would be next after BG.

chitownbears89
01-29-2011, 03:33 AM
Get ready wizards fans. We have to deal with people constantly telling you how their players are better than John Wall. We are going through it with D rose.

Ex. Russell Westbrook, Tyreke Evans, and Brandon Jennings to be short. My point is you know you have the better player because they wouldn't be attacking your player if they didn't think so.

At least those players are better than fields though. John Wall is a beast. And I'm sure all knicks fans would love it if they could trade fields for Wall.

Ty Fast
01-29-2011, 03:50 AM
john wall

NJ Raven
01-29-2011, 03:53 AM
So theres going to be a daily Fields thread? I love his game but all the attention to him is getting a little out of control.

stlbest5in2013
01-29-2011, 04:04 AM
i would say no, and not to take shots at knicks fans, but your team at least a couple weaks ago, had the easiest schedule. but were at best at the time 7 games over .500. now that the schedule may or may not have picked up. they are 3 games ove .500.

im sorry, i know you have suffered through some rough years no doubt, but a winning team is more then being a few games over .500 half way through the year

arkanian215
01-29-2011, 10:41 AM

I don't get the reasoning here yet I see it all the time. Blake Griffin is on a losing team. Why not discount his efforts as well? Also, shouldn't it be harder to impact the game if you're surrounded by lesser talent/a poorly constructed team?

todu82
01-29-2011, 10:45 AM
I think he would. He's having a heck of a season, it's just Blake Griffin is playing that much better.

Flash3
01-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Get ready wizards fans. We have to deal with people constantly telling you how their players are better than John Wall. We are going through it with D rose.

Ex. Russell Westbrook, Tyreke Evans, and Brandon Jennings to be short. My point is you know you have the better player because they wouldn't be attacking your player if they didn't think so.

At least those players are better than fields though. John Wall is a beast. And I'm sure all knicks fans would love it if they could trade fields for Wall.

russel westbrook is very close if not better.

vantroi775
01-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Lol gotta love knick fans referring to themselves as a "winning team"... -news flash!!!-you are two games over .500... Get the ***k over yourselves. 1 west coast trip and youre right back under .5oo.

This just in... You are not the lakers

in other news... Fields is not jordan.

kurivaimu
01-29-2011, 11:49 AM

And people rip Rondo because "its easy to get assists on a good team".

Hmm. i see a bit of a logical error here..

PhillyFaninLA
01-29-2011, 12:12 PM
If the season ended today then probably but there are still over 40 games left in the season so I think its to early to say.

edit: I do want to add that I don't think Blake Griffin or Landry Fields will get much better and I think guys like Cousins, Favors, Wall, and Turner could get a lot better. I just think Landry and Blake are realizing close to full potential right away.

JNA17
01-29-2011, 04:01 PM
On a team that is beyond awful.

you realize on a bad team that Wall should get LESS assists right?

It would be Wall.

Gators123
01-29-2011, 04:51 PM
I think Wall would get it.