PDA

View Full Version : Garnett to wear "152-120" Shoes for Laker game

Rentzias
01-28-2011, 12:52 PM
http://counterkicks.com/2011/01/26/kevin-garnetts-152-120-celtics-anta-kg-1/

Anta brand shoes featuring the all-time Celtics v Lakers head-to-head record. It's no Jordan IV or Jordan XI, but odd choice of number seeing as the games will continue. Maybe do the playoff records instead.

handle
01-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Something pathetic about this, considering Garnett has been around for a fraction of those victories... and now he's trying to come across like an all-time Celtic great who's been through years of battles against the Lakers. Where were his "21-49" shoes when he was with Minnesota...?

Giaps
01-28-2011, 01:17 PM
That strap on the front is hideous. And yeah, very weird to put the number of games. They'll become obsolete after they play their next game. Should have done titles.

da wood
01-28-2011, 01:26 PM
yeah maybe he should have done titles

GSW Hoops
01-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Kinda sad considering the Celtics just lost to the Lakers in the NBA Finals the year prior.

magichatnumber9
01-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Something pathetic about this, considering Garnett has been around for a fraction of those victories... and now he's trying to come across like an all-time Celtic great who's been through years of battles against the Lakers. Where were his "21-49" shoes when he was with Minnesota...?Mock my words no other Celtic will ever be allowed to wear number 5. That is going up in the rafters. Maybe not a all time Celtic great but he will be always be considered Celtic royalty.

DoubleDragon
01-28-2011, 01:35 PM
All the new generation of NBA fan cares about is the last 20 years (maybe less). So since 1990, the Celtics have won how many championships? oh yeah...1.
I guess 1-5 doesn't look so good on a green shoe.

OK, maybe they will care about the record of KG's Celts

Maybe KG should just put the amount of championships "his Celtics" have won vs "Kobe's Lakers" in the last 3 seasons...well, now there's another boring number.
1-2

Lame

DoubleDragon
01-28-2011, 01:37 PM
yeah maybe he should have done titles

who paints those amazing sigs you have?
*&*^%^* VERY COOL:clap:

Rivera
01-28-2011, 01:38 PM
not for nothing....i have a shirt that would go crazy with those kicks

i like the suede....

if you rock those right those are fire

avrpatsfan
01-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Mock my words no other Celtic will ever be allowed to wear number 5. That is going up in the rafters. Maybe not a all time Celtic great but he will be always be considered Celtic royalty.
I agree. He brought us a championship and is one of the best PFs of all time.

arosen36
01-28-2011, 01:45 PM
if they lose, will he scratch in a 1 to make it 152-121

Htownballa1622
01-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Kobe should wear a shoe saying 5-1.
His 5 vs kgs one ring. Kg is a punk.

arosen36
01-28-2011, 01:51 PM

this:clap:

Double_R
01-28-2011, 01:59 PM
KG is pathetic now that he is with the Celtics... he should put on the shoe couldn't do it without 3 other allstars.

handle
01-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Mock my words no other Celtic will ever be allowed to wear number 5. That is going up in the rafters. Maybe not a all time Celtic great but he will be always be considered Celtic royalty.

Too easy.

arosen36
01-28-2011, 02:06 PM
KG is pathetic now that he is with the Celtics... he should put on the shoe couldn't do it without 3 other allstars.

his best accomplishment was being in a lonely island song

redsox0717
01-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Wow, another thread that has derailed into a KG hate thread. You guys are so original and cool.

corky831
01-28-2011, 02:26 PM
I am sorry, but I hate when people say KG needed 3 all-stars to win his championship......its ******** cuz u never see one player take a team and win it all....kobe has had the likes of fisher, gasol, o'neal, odom......jordan had pippen, rodman, kukoc, etc. all the championship teams had bout 3 all star caliber players....if they didn't....they prob wouldnt have won a championship

Avenged
01-28-2011, 02:29 PM
I still say I find this refreshing... He's hyped about the Lakers game this weekend. I hope the Lakers are as well.

J-Relo
01-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Wow, another thread that has derailed into a KG hate thread. You guys are so original and cool.

AT the same time KG does almost everything to affect that.

Htownballa1622
01-28-2011, 02:50 PM
AT the same time KG does almost everything to affect that.

:clap:

You never hear things like this about ray allen.

handle
01-28-2011, 02:55 PM

Don't blame us. It's just too easy to hate on the dude... it sort of comes natural.

SteBO
01-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Don't blame us. It's just too easy to hate on the dude... it sort of comes natural.

This. KG comes off as a real douchebag to most people, bt it just makes the games that much more fun to watch. Sunday's gonna get really chippy, you can count on that.

Giantwarrior
01-28-2011, 03:06 PM
kobe should wear the 2010 NBA game 7 finals score on his shoes.

its the only score that counts.

Atticus Finch
01-28-2011, 03:14 PM
I personally love this, and I'm a lifelong Lakers fan. KG may act like a d-bag at times, but nobody can question how hard that guy plays and how much he cares for his team and loves the game. For those reasons alone he has my highest respect...but I still hate him. I will say this though, if Garnett was traded to LA instead of Boston I'd have a #5 KG jersey in my closet right now.

DoubleDragon
01-28-2011, 03:17 PM

It's a rivalry.
KG's shoes were of course going to incite debate, a response, et al.
I think that's the point. He certainly isn't doing it to warm the hearts of any Laker fans, so what did you expect? A tribute?

without saying it, we ALL love this *&*&* and it makes it interesting. besides, I'll bet you any amount that the number of Laker/Kobe hate threads dwarfs the KG ones.

me? I'm just enjoying the rivalry and all the spoils and rhetoric it incites.
Why not?;)

Lakers211221
01-28-2011, 03:22 PM
This. KG comes off as a real douchebag to most people, bt it just makes the games that much more fun to watch. Sunday's gonna get really chippy, you can count on that.

Says the guy with the Lebron sig LOL

SteBO
01-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Says the guy with the Lebron sig LOL

;)

corky831
01-28-2011, 03:32 PM
im still curious to find the numbers on how many ppl were heat fans before lebron, and then how many jumped on the miami train after lebron signed there......

sep11ie
01-28-2011, 03:33 PM

Oh, your words will be mocked.

J-Relo
01-28-2011, 03:36 PM
im still curious to find the numbers on how many ppl were heat fans before lebron, and then how many jumped on the miami train after lebron signed there......

I jumped (partially because Suns are my still #1) on because of BIG-Z.
Guess I'm the only one. ;D

Jonathan2323
01-28-2011, 03:36 PM

And this is relevant to the thread how.....

Celtics have been around alot longer. I know a bunch of people that are Celtic fans because way back then they were the team most shown on TV.

Lake_Show2416
01-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Wut happened to adidas?? Dude fell off

SteBO
01-28-2011, 03:40 PM

Your avatar literally made me lol just now.

superkegger
01-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Don't like KG or the Celtics, but I love the shoes. Even as a Lakers fan. I think it's cool that he's proud of the franchise and knows the history. It's a salute to the generations of Celtic greats and I have no problem with that. He should be proud and honored to be a part of the organization, and this is a cool way of showing it.

The Final Boss
01-28-2011, 03:48 PM
I think the overrall consensus is Garnett being a clown. You wouldn't see Steve Nash, Larry Bird, John Stockton, Danny Ainge, Pau Gasol, Steve Kerr, Manu, Dirk, Rambis, etc doing this crap.

n83417
01-28-2011, 04:00 PM
I think the overrall consensus is Garnett being a clown. You wouldn't see Steve Nash, Larry Bird, John Stockton, Danny Ainge, Pau Gasol, Steve Kerr, Manu, Dirk, Rambis, etc doing this crap.

Welp, I bet you Bird would absolutely do something similar. Or, he would look directly into the eyes of the opposition and say "Get someone out here that can guard me..."

Garnett is a competitor, and is very much a part of Celtics/Lakers history now. I like that he is proud of being a Celtic, and can celebrate what other Celtic greats have done before him.

I wouldn't give a **** if Kobe wore a 120-152 sneak, or had a symbolic rose tattoo with 6/30/2003 nearby.

ManRam
01-28-2011, 04:03 PM
I think it's pretty cool...

And I think the shoes are sweet,

Kobes a Killer
01-28-2011, 04:05 PM
All the new generation of NBA fan cares about is the last 20 years (maybe less). So since 1990, the Celtics have won how many championships? oh yeah...1.
I guess 1-5 doesn't look so good on a green shoe.

OK, maybe they will care about the record of KG's Celts

Maybe KG should just put the amount of championships "his Celtics" have won vs "Kobe's Lakers" in the last 3 seasons...well, now there's another boring number.
1-2

Lame

^^^
This x100

Why rep something you had no part in what so ever, damn i hate garnett

ManRam
01-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Wow...people are getting really worked up over a shoe that has two numbers on it.

They're cool, they're nostalgic, it shows how amazing the rivalry is...and it shows the players are aware. Again, I think they're neat. Maybe if I'm a Laker fan I think otherwise, but I'm not. Who cares how long he's been a Celtic? He is now...and that's all that matters. He's part of the Celtic fraternity forever.

n83417
01-28-2011, 04:15 PM
^^^
This x100

Why rep something you had no part in what so ever, damn i hate garnett

Well, Garnett was a major contributer from 2008-present. So, to say he had "no part in what so ever" is stupid and wrong.

The Garnett acquisition was the absolute biggest reason the Celtics won in 2008. So, bringing a title to Boston for the first time in 22 years is a pretty significant accomplishment. And that, by itself, will cement a spot in Celtics history for Kevin Garnett.

The Final Boss
01-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Well, Garnett was a major contributer from 2008-present. So, to say he had "no part in what so ever" is stupid and wrong.

The Garnett acquisition was the absolute biggest reason the Celtics won in 2008. So, bringing a title to Boston for the first time in 22 years is a pretty significant accomplishment. And that, by itself, will cement a spot in Celtics history for Kevin Garnett.

No that was the injuries of 2 Lakers starters, their starting C and 2nd best defender SG Ariza. Nice try though, you're adorable.

Super.
01-28-2011, 04:20 PM
No that was the injuries of 2 Lakers starters, their starting C and 2nd best defender SG Ariza. Nice try though, you're adorable.

Injuries happen and are no excuse. The Lakers lost. But hey if we're talking injuries then Perkins being hurt for the last two games during the last finals shouldn't count either right?

Good try

n83417
01-28-2011, 04:24 PM

Doesn't matter for a few reasons. If Bynum doesn't get hurt, Gasol never comes to LA.

Celtics would have likely STILL beat LA that year with Bynum and Gasol, and 7th/8th man Trevor Ariza, would would not have been a major factor.

Ariza played 24 games for the Lakers that year. You are really calling that a major loss? Since becoming a starter, Ariza has been exposed as a one trick pony. An athletic player with no consistency whatsoever. An overachieving bench/role player that got a fat contract, went to the bank, and never came back.

AND- Ariza only started 3 games for the Lakers. And he played in the playoffs, and the Finals. Dude was not a starter.

Injuries happen, deal with it.

Or I could delete all this and say.

Bynum is always hurt. Using that as an excuse is just retarted.

Kobes a Killer
01-28-2011, 04:32 PM

OBVIOUSLY GARNETT HAD A HUGE IMPACT ON THEIR ONLY TITLE IN 22 YEARS come on bro obviously I know that.

What I meant was he was barely involved in the 150-122 or whatever the exact number is he shouldn't be bragging and being arrogant about other peoples accomplishments (dang I can't spell)

You dont see Kobe repping 16 on shoes for 16 championships, if he were to rep any number on his shoes it would be for 5, dont take credit for the work of other legends. He's obviously a low life instigator and just needs to grow up. I'm not saying his intensity is wrong, I played the same kind of ball when i was in highschool I would get real intense and even yell quite a bit when i would start pouring in the 3s, but i was yelling on my way back down the court playing D or yelling on my jog back to the time out huddle because the other team was trying to break my momentum, i didn't scream in their face rubbing it in that i just drained 5 threes in the first half, or that my high school had a record of 33-2 our best season. I was just trying to keep up my teams intensity so we didnt slow down and kept our foot on the gas, Garnett is just a prick

You can be intense but also show class towards other teams and players
Garnett=Douche

Rivera
01-28-2011, 04:33 PM

these shoes are not adidas...there from a chineese company kg is now sponsored by

Ty Fast
01-28-2011, 04:33 PM

good one

n83417
01-28-2011, 04:40 PM
OBVIOUSLY GARNETT HAD A HUGE IMPACT ON THEIR ONLY TITLE IN 22 YEARS come on bro obviously I know that.

What I meant was he was barely involved in the 150-122 or whatever the exact number is he shouldn't be bragging and being arrogant about other peoples accomplishments (dang I can't spell)

You dont see Kobe repping 16 on shoes for 16 championships, if he were to rep any number on his shoes it would be for 5, dont take credit for the work of other legends. He's obviously a low life instigator and just needs to grow up. I'm not saying his intensity is wrong, I played the same kind of ball when i was in highschool I would get real intense and even yell quite a bit when i would start pouring in the 3s, but i was yelling on my way back down the court playing D or yelling on my jog back to the time out huddle because the other team was trying to break my momentum, i didn't scream in their face rubbing it in that i just drained 5 threes in the first half, or that my high school had a record of 33-2 our best season. I was just trying to keep up my teams intensity so we didnt slow down and kept our foot on the gas, Garnett is just a prick

You can be intense but also show class towards other teams and players
Garnett=Douche

Well, Garnett's intensity and passion changed the mentality of Cletics basketball for the better. So, I have no problem with it. I am glad he is pumped for this game. Celtics/Lakers is the signature event of the NBA. The best they have to offer.

KG is a leader, and this is just a little reminder to his team of what Celtics/Lakers is all about.

Maybe he is not trying to take credit, but just remind everyone what Celtics and Lakers is all about.

And people only hate KG for the wrong reasons. If he was a Laker, you would love him, for the same reason you love Kobe. And don't even try to deny it, because that would make you a liar.

magichatnumber9
01-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Oh, you words will be mocked.Yeah, me and my 7 illigitement children will smash your face in Matt.

Redbull
01-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Garnett when with the T-Wolves was one of my favorite players and I used to have tons of respect for him but over the years I have lost it and now he is one of my least favorite players. He has become a cry baby and a moron.

Kobes a Killer
01-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Well, Garnett's intensity and passion changed the mentality of Cletics basketball for the better. So, I have no problem with it. I am glad he is pumped for this game. Celtics/Lakers is the signature event of the NBA. The best they have to offer.

KG is a leader, and this is just a little reminder to his team of what Celtics/Lakers is all about.

Maybe he is not trying to take credit, but just remind everyone what Celtics and Lakers is all about.
And people only hate KG for the wrong reasons. If he was a Laker, you would love him, for the same reason you love Kobe. And don't even try to deny it, because that would make you a liar.

Some goods points, hard to argue with the first bolded statement

And actually I hate him for the right reasons>he's a prick, a jerk, and he's arrogant, You dont see Kobe straight ripping people apart screaming in their faces (maybe he has once or twice when he was younger, but he's clearly matured into a great role model, where as KG is still messing around with immature punk antiques

None the less Garnett=douche... but also = one of the greatest PF to ever play the game

And if he was on the Lakers no doubt I would love.... his game, but not his attitude

Kobes a Killer
01-28-2011, 05:01 PM

Actually i take back what i said about that being a fair statement, if he wanted to show everyone what lakers and celtics were all about maybe he should have gotten "Celtics vs Lakers" or something relevant to that to show his passion and love for one of the greatest rivalries of all time, he is clearly rubbing it in that they have about 30 more wins in the rivalry

knightstemplar
01-28-2011, 05:10 PM

this :clap:

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-28-2011, 05:21 PM
:cry::cry:

"WAAAAAAAH, KG is mean to my favorite players"

you weeping posters are great at keeping me entertained at work. thank you.

so tell me... why is it wrong for KG to PAY HOMAGE to the franchise he plays for???

masalex1205
01-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Wow lot of KG haters in here, calm down...funny thing is that a lot of the people saying what a douche KG is have Kobe sigs who is equally a douche

NickyNick
01-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Garnett when with the T-Wolves was one of my favorite players and I used to have tons of respect for him but over the years I have lost it and now he is one of my least favorite players. He has become a cry baby and a moron.

sounds like you :rolleyes:

GSW Hoops
01-28-2011, 05:47 PM

This.

fadedmario
01-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Garnett is garbage. I can't wait till 2012 (by then he'll be irrelevant)

DitchDat
01-28-2011, 05:52 PM

He is just honoring the storied rivalry, that's all. Jesus, some of you guys are so easily offended. We get it, you're fan of this or that team, you will defend them to death and hate any other team. Just be a fan of the game, nobody is gonna die over it.

And THREE other all-stars? If I recall, only Ray and Pierce were all-stars at the time. And who cares if he needed All-Stars to pull off a title? Kobe needed ONE OF THE MOST DOMINANT big men to EVER lace em up, and now his cast is more than respectable with Gasol, Odom, Bynum, Artest, etc. Like Kobe won all those titles by himself. Gimme a break. Just be a fan, that's really all you can do. You're not a GM, a coach, or a player. By bashing on other teams and players, you're just giving your team a bad look.

I don't mean to single you out, but it's just that all these heated comments make me sick to my stomach. There's so much criticism going on on these forums, and it repeats itself every god damn day. There's some good, constructive posters on here, but everyday the same shxt and same old insults and boring topics are sooooooooo off-putting.

Super.
01-28-2011, 05:52 PM

So what happened in 2008? I must have missed that year

lvlheaded
01-28-2011, 05:54 PM
He should have gotten the # of Championships each team has. Whats he gonna do, get new shoes as soon as they play another game?

knightstemplar
01-28-2011, 05:58 PM
his shoes should say 79-83 or 3-4

kgjfan243
01-28-2011, 06:03 PM
What are ya doing KG? Come on man you've got to be in Boston longer than that to truly be an all time Celtic great.

Jewelz0376
01-28-2011, 06:06 PM
He should have gotten the # of Championships each team has. Whats he gonna do, get new shoes as soon as they play another game?

Uhhh yea??..Most of the high profile players in the nba wear a new pair of shoes every game so whats the difference??

Kobes a Killer
01-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Wow lot of KG haters in here, calm down...funny thing is that a lot of the people saying what a douche KG is have Kobe sigs who is equally a douche

Not even close buddy, when has Kobe ever called anyone a cancer patient? Oh ok. How often do you see Kobe in the face of an opposing player simpling screaming and trying to rip them apart verbally? Oh ok, i'd like to use a few choice swear words on someone like you but I dont want any more infractions from the over sensitive mods

Super.
01-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Not even close buddy, when has Kobe ever called anyone a cancer patient? Oh ok. How often do you see Kobe in the face of an opposing player simpling screaming and trying to rip them apart verbally? Oh ok, i'd like to use a few choice swear words on someone like you but I dont want any more infractions from the over sensitive mods

KG didn't call him a cancer patient, he called him a cancer to his team

Super.
01-28-2011, 06:15 PM
"My comment to Charlie Villanueva was in fact 'You are cancerous to your team and our league,'" Garnett said. "I would never be insensitive to the brave struggle that cancer patients endure. I have lost loved ones to this deadly disease and have a family member currently undergoing treatment. I would never say anything that distasteful. The game of life is far bigger than the game of basketball."

After the game Garnett said: "I'm a passionate player. If you don't like the way I am ... I play this way the last 15, 16 years. I leave it on the court."

Rivers was frustrated by the incident.

"I actually heard what Kevin said, I was standing right there, and what he released [in a statement through the Celtics organization] is what he said," Rivers said before Wednesday's game. "I'm going to leave it at that. I don't like the whole tweeting thing, I'll state that as well. I think guys talk on the court, that doesn't mean they should or shouldn't. But the fact that we're talking about this, to me, is just silly. It really is.

"We should be talking about [how] we had a hell of a game the other day and let's talk about basketball. It's amazing to me that this stuff is news now, that's not sports.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=5759196

lolwut?

JayTee1981
01-28-2011, 06:16 PM
I think the shoes are really not that bad looking

Klivlend
01-28-2011, 06:19 PM

You're not really trying to say Kob is NOT a douche. Cause that's not debatable.

Kobes a Killer
01-28-2011, 06:22 PM
KG didn't call him a cancer patient, he called him a cancer to his team

Ok i'll repost without calling you stupid... my apologies to you and the over sensitive mods...

KG is clearly the type of player who can get so angry he says stupid things that he later regrets and has to cover up, in this situation it was an easy cover up, going from you look like a cancer patient to you are a cancer to your team. He obviously said cancer patient cause the dude doesnt have a single hair on his body, how does cancer patient even sound like cancer to your team, one is 2 words the other 4, i think it would be quite hard to misunderstand that or mishear it or whatever. KG is a prick and this is a prime example of why i dont like him

Kobes a Killer
01-28-2011, 06:23 PM
You're not really trying to say Kob is NOT a douche. Cause that's not debatable.

Maybe 5,6,7 years a go he was, but when were we not all young and stupid, Kobe has grown up so stop living in the past. KG however has not grown up at all

championships
01-28-2011, 06:31 PM
KG is a douche. Only boston fans (mostly) don't think so. I wonder what T-Wolves fans think of him since he has joined the Celts. Do they still love him or do they think he has become an *** hole.

Htownballa1622
01-28-2011, 06:42 PM

I know you say alot-meaning not all but kg is way worse than kobe in regards to having that bad attitude.and I'm a rockets fan.no kobe sig here.

there's a reason why most fans out of boston hate his attitude.great player but a poser and punk *****.

Kobes a Killer
01-28-2011, 06:58 PM
^ Thank You

chicago lulz
01-28-2011, 07:10 PM
so why are people pissed off?

DMasta718
01-28-2011, 07:54 PM
so why are people pissed off?

Thats what im wondering.

Supa
01-28-2011, 07:57 PM
The shoes will stink after the game, and not just because how quickly the mark will become obsolete.

---

Bruno
01-28-2011, 08:10 PM
The only thing that KG should be concerned with is HIS Celtics head to head record against this CURRENT Lakers. 1-1.

J4KOP99
01-28-2011, 08:11 PM

As a longtime Laker fan, going back to before Kobe Bryant, I would definitely agree with you. When Kobe first came into the league he was an *******. He'd talk **** to veteran players and stare people down after dunks and all that crap. Even 4,5,6 years into his career he was still like that.

However,

Kobe has matured... you can't possibly argue that. He is still arrogant, but who isn't? Michael was/is, Larry was/is, Magic was/is... You have to have an unbelievable amount of self-confidence in order to be as successful as those guys.

But,

Being arrogant does not mean you go after little guys on the court and start barking at them. It also doesn't mean you take repetitive cheap shots at people. It also doesn't mean you act like a crying 8 year old and start drooling and foaming from the mouth. It also doesn't mean you bang your head onto the pad behind the basket before a game to get "pumped up." We understand you have a heart Kevin, you don't need to pound it after dunking in a blow-out against the Raptors. Garnett has so many childish traits that it would take me hours upon hours to name them all. He has not matured one bit. Of course he is a great player, one of the greatest to ever play, but his actions on the court (and sometimes off of it) are pathetic.

iggypop123
01-28-2011, 08:16 PM
The only thing that KG should be concerned with is HIS Celtics head to head record against this CURRENT Lakers. 1-1.

according to doc rivers its 1-0 because perkins didnt play game 7, but he also willingly forgets bynum not playing 6 games in 08.

kblo247
01-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Take away Jerry West getting his and his team's *** smacked around and things are fairly different ;)

38-26 Record in favor of the Lakers since Bird/Magic era during the regular season
55-41 if you add postseason play into regular season record since Bird/Magic era began

46-30 KG's record versus the Lakers

27-16 Kobe vs KG, regular season games
14-11 Kobe vs KG, playoff games
4-1 Kobe vs KG, playoff series
5-1 Ring count between Kobe and KG

As a bonus, I have 3 pictures for KG that he could post in his locker
- http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u176/zrider1_photos/CelticsBlankBanner.png (wow that blew up in the cocky SOBs faces)
- http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs833.snc4/69303_164256456937115_100000582846448_473123_41642 65_n.jpg (too bad we don't win by a piece of paper Doc)
- http://i51.tinypic.com/2ynieea.jpg (nice photo op with Kobe, KG)

Bruno
01-28-2011, 08:37 PM
according to doc rivers its 1-0 because perkins didnt play game 7, but he also willingly forgets bynum not playing 6 games in 08.

Right. Neither team has been fully healthy while matching up in the Finals against the other. That argument should be avoided by both teams. It's 1-1, and lets just leave it at that.

The Dream
01-28-2011, 08:38 PM
garnett is probably the dumbest dude in the NBA other than jaVale mcghee

Bruno
01-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Take away Jerry West getting his and his team's *** smacked around and things are fairly different ;)

38-26 Record in favor of the Lakers since Bird/Magic era during the regular season
55-41 if you add postseason play into regular season record since Bird/Magic era began

- http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u176/zrider1_photos/CelticsBlankBanner.png (wow that blew up in the cocky SOBs faces)
- http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs833.snc4/69303_164256456937115_100000582846448_473123_41642 65_n.jpg (too bad we don't win by a piece of paper Doc)

The Lakers have pretty much dominated the NBA since 1979-1980. If you look at post 1979 the Celtics are tied for 3rd with the Spurs for most titles (4), behind the Bulls (6) and the Lakers (10).

I was clashing with a huge Boston guy in one of my classes the other day. He was referring to LA as a one trick pony as a sports city. I had to gently remind him the LA Lakers have won more titles since 1980 than the Celtics, Pats, and RedSox combined. Not bad for a one trick pony :)

sargon21
01-28-2011, 08:51 PM
nice color, ****** design

Corey
01-28-2011, 08:54 PM
6 pages about shoes :laugh2:

The Final Boss
01-28-2011, 08:56 PM
:cry::cry:

"WAAAAAAAH, KG is mean to my favorite players"

you weeping posters are great at keeping me entertained at work. thank you.

so tell me... why is it wrong for KG to PAY HOMAGE to the franchise he plays for???

And your wife is great at keeping me entertained while you're at work as well. C'mon man, we all know Garnett is a douche who has zero respect for the game.

kArSoN RyDaH
01-28-2011, 09:04 PM
LMAO! This guy is ********. When the Lakers lay the smack down this weekend he can change the number to 121. And when we win the ship this year he can notch that one too. lmao

superkegger
01-28-2011, 09:05 PM
I get why people don't like it, because a lot of people don't like KG already. I'm a Laker fan, and not a big KG fan. I respect the game, the skills, the passion and his overall impact on the NBA since his time in the league. Helped redefine the PF position, and in his prime one of the best to ever play the position.

He came to Boston, and helped redefine the Celtics with defense. Immersed himself in that culture, and has been embraced by Boston fans as well as by Celtic greats. Yeah, there's some trash talk there, but KG has always been a talker. It's also a tribute to the greatness of Celtics past, as well was an acknowledgement of the great rivalry the Celtics and Lakers have.

I love it. It's an salute to the fact that Lakers vs. Celtics is something bigger than just the two teams in their current make-up, but a tradition of great basketball. I really don't know why people don't like it. I love it.

rickshaw
01-28-2011, 09:06 PM
As a longtime Laker fan, going back to before Kobe Bryant, I would definitely agree with you. When Kobe first came into the league he was an *******. He'd talk **** to veteran players and stare people down after dunks and all that crap. Even 4,5,6 years into his career he was still like that.

However,

Kobe has matured... you can't possibly argue that. He is still arrogant, but who isn't? Michael was/is, Larry was/is, Magic was/is... You have to have an unbelievable amount of self-confidence in order to be as successful as those guys.

But,

Being arrogant does not mean you go after little guys on the court and start barking at them. It also doesn't mean you take repetitive cheap shots at people. It also doesn't mean you act like a crying 8 year old and start drooling and foaming from the mouth. It also doesn't mean you bang your head onto the pad behind the basket before a game to get "pumped up." We understand you have a heart Kevin, you don't need to pound it after dunking in a blow-out against the Raptors. Garnett has so many childish traits that it would take me hours upon hours to name them all. He has not matured one bit. Of course he is a great player, one of the greatest to ever play, but his actions on the court (and sometimes off of it) are pathetic.

Smush Parker?

Algmuskrats
01-28-2011, 09:10 PM

LOL are you kidding me?
Just because your "Celtic royalty" when your injured part of every year doesn't mean your name deserves to be in the rafters of any NBA stadium. :facepalm:

Algmuskrats
01-28-2011, 09:12 PM
6 pages about shoes :laugh2:

Its mostly just about the history of the rivalry and how big of an idiot KG is.

LA_Raiders
01-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Bring it KG...

JNA17
01-28-2011, 09:25 PM
KG funny :)

Htownballa1622
01-28-2011, 09:42 PM
^ Thank You

:up:

LTS
01-28-2011, 09:49 PM
who paints those amazing sigs you have?
*&*^%^* VERY COOL:clap:

not true pic though weres rondos ring?

KmB728
01-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Guys....there just shoes

Kobes a Killer
01-28-2011, 09:52 PM

However,

But,

This, this, this, this, and did i mention THIS... Good post bud (no sarcasm obviously)

dtmagnet
01-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Who cares if the number is irrelevant after this game, he can afford a new pair.

tonyd3b54
01-28-2011, 09:54 PM

hahaha class A *** right there... no 1 is saying perks injury is the reason why the lakers won last year... stop hating and get a life clown

Kobes a Killer
01-28-2011, 09:55 PM

Good post man, I was looking for stats like these but gave up in just a few minutes. It's good to finally see some Laker fans int his thread

bagwell368
01-28-2011, 11:23 PM

I go back to the end of the Russell years, and KG's '08 was better then any year Cowens, Havlicek, or Parish put up. You have some Bird years and McHale's '86 that can stand up - that's it.

bagwell368
01-28-2011, 11:24 PM
hahahaha garnett tell me how kobes *** tastes

Yeah, I saw KG grilling up Kobe's eyes. Ummmm, good.

BeantownBill
01-28-2011, 11:34 PM

Yeah, 'cause Kobe won all those rings by himself.

Unreal how ******** people are.

BeantownBill
01-28-2011, 11:40 PM

However,

But,

He has matured, he isn't attempting to cover up rape attempts anymore, so you gotta give it up for that, obviously.

Garnett's actions are pathetic on the court? I'd rather have a guy that understands how to bring a team together to win, rather than a guy that waves his teammates out of the way and goes one-on-one while causing his team to lose, and getting criticized by his hall-of-fame coach for it afterward. But hey, that's just me.

LA fans act as if Kobe is everything that makes up the Lakers and that he won 5 rings single-handedly. Most everyone else knows he wouldn't have anywhere close to that number without Shaq, and later on Pau. Imagine, with how great Kobe is, how much better he could be if he had the team first mentality that a guy like Garnett has? Scary thought. Luckily, we'll never have to worry about that.

amos1er
01-28-2011, 11:42 PM

Lol, I wouldn't be calling anyone ******** bro because you just made the dumbest statement of the year....what player in NBA history ever won a ring by themselves....last I check there were five players on a team, not one.

Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

amos1er
01-28-2011, 11:52 PM
He has matured, he isn't attempting to cover up rape attempts anymore, so you gotta give it up for that, obviously.

Garnett's actions are pathetic on the court? I'd rather have a guy that understands how to bring a team together to win, rather than a guy that waves his teammates out of the way and goes one-on-one while causing his team to lose, and getting criticized by his hall-of-fame coach for it afterward. But hey, that's just me.

LA fans act as if Kobe is everything that makes up the Lakers and that he won 5 rings single-handedly. Most everyone else knows he wouldn't have anywhere close to that number without Shaq, and later on Pau. Imagine, with how great Kobe is, how much better he could be if he had the team first mentality that a guy like Garnett has? Scary thought. Luckily, we'll never have to worry about that.

Ok you brought the rape into this.....just shows that you have the mentality of a child.

Garnet bring a team together?????? hahahahahahahahaha...All Garnet can do is ditch his team to join up with an all-star studded team in Boston to win his ring. Garnet needed two all-stars (not to mention all the veterans they had coming off the bench) to win a ring....Kobe just needed one. Garnet is just like Lebron, he can't lead a team all the way, so he had to join up with others who can't lead a team all the way either.

Either way you look at it, Kobe has five rings and two finals MVP's Garnet has one ring and zero finals MVP's. SUCK ON THAT HATER. :D

Kobes a Killer
01-28-2011, 11:52 PM

Hmmmm he's ******** because he said Kobe 5 KG 1?? According to you he said Kobe 5 rings by himself KG 1

No i don't think so, i bet you anything he would agree that Kobe had a lot of help JUST LIKE ANY OTHER NBA CHAMPION IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA everyone had help douche.

I called someone stupid earlier and my post was deleted but this dude can call him ******** (yes he said how some people are ******** but he was quoting one person specificly yet his post is still here)

On a side note I absoloutly hate most mods on this site, my thread earlier was deleted by Avenged24 because it wasnt basketball related, when in fact I started a thread asking people what comments they regret saying, because its funny to look back and think "damn i thought i knew something about ball back then but haha man that was funny of me to say" I was asking people to remember comments they made in the NBA FORUM, the power has gone to most mods heads and its stupid anyways...

Garnett you are so cool putting the record of boston wins against la wins against eachother, even though since you've become a Celtic the Lakers have owned you

Kobes a Killer
01-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Ok you brought the rape into this.....just shows that you have the mentality of a child.

Garnet bring a team together?????? hahahahahahahahaha...All Garnet can do is ditch his team to join up with an all-star studded team in Boston to win his ring. Garnet needed two all-stars (not to mention all the veterans they had coming off the bench) to win a ring....Kobe just needed one. Garnet is just like Lebron, he can't lead a team all the way, so he had to join up with others who can't lead a team all the way either.

Either way you look at it, Kobe has five rings and two finals MVP's Garnet has one ring and zero finals MVP's. SUCK ON THAT HATER. :D

I agree bringing up the rape thing is stupid, but hey he has nothing to hate on about Kobe recently so he brings up the past, thats what people do when they have nothing on someone, they bring up their dark past

Garnett did ditch his team but he atleast did stay with his team for a long time and really tried to make it work with them, stayed longer and tried harder then lebron did, not to mention in the stronger western confrence

I have to sort of disagree with you saying he didnt bring that team together because he was a huge part of their championship, him and pierce lead that team right to their ring, but without either of them they certainly would not have won a ring in 08

I'm just trying to show that i am not 100% bias towards Kobe and i do show respect to other players when it is due, just like i said about LeBron; mad respect for both of their games, but no respect what so ever for their attitudes

amos1er
01-29-2011, 12:06 AM
I agree bringing up the rape thing is stupid, but hey he has nothing to hate on about Kobe recently so he brings up the past, thats what people do when they have nothing on someone, they bring up their dark past

Garnett did ditch his team but he atleast did stay with his team for a long time and really tried to make it work with them, stayed longer and tried harder then lebron did, not to mention in the stronger western confrence

I have to sort of disagree with you saying he didnt bring that team together because he was a huge part of their championship, him and pierce lead that team right to their ring, but without either of them they certainly would not have won a ring in 08

I'm just trying to show that i am not 100% bias towards Kobe and i do show respect to other players when it is due, just like i said about LeBron; mad respect for both of their games, but no respect what so ever for their attitudes

Agreed, Garnet did stay loyal to the Wolves for a long time. But he is no more a team player than Kobe is by anymeans. Who gives a **** about anyones definition of a team player anyways. Give me a guy that can get the job done and win a ring and I don't care who considers him a team player. BTW I do consider Kobe a team player, if he wasn't then how do you explain the five rings. Its just blatant hating to say otherwise.

I just wanted to show that halfwit Boston fan that by his own logic saying that Kobe needed Gasol and Shaq, one could say the same about any one in NBA history. Garnet needed Allen and Pierce. Duncan needed Parker and Manu. Jordan needed Pippen, Magic needed Kareem and Worthy and so on.

Its just so lame to me how these haters nit pick at anything to attack Kobe. I guess they don't realize how ridiculous they sound.

Kobes a Killer
01-29-2011, 12:08 AM

Ummm dont say all laker fans because some of us arent that blinded, we know kobe had a great supporting cast around him that helped him to 5 championships, but if you are not blinded by hate you could also admit that shaq wouldn't have those first 3 rings without kobe, whos to say he wouldn't have 1??? i dunno but the least you can do is support both sides without just hating on Kobe like the rest of the people that are blinded by hate, pau wouldnt have his 2 rings without kobe and kobe wouldnt have his 4th and 5th without pau WOW THAT WAS SO HARD like come on guys it goes both ways

Oh an also to say Kobe doesnt have a team first mentality is just plain stupid, he would never ever ever ever gotten ring #4 and 5 without a team first mentality, just because he knows he is the #1 option and should be taking the most shots (not too much more than pau though now a days lol)... He is the most dominant player to play the game since Jordan and he knows it, he knows he need to take his team on his back sometimes and clearly he has done so, but also has no problem sharing the rock, i mean giving it up to ron ron for several clutch plays in game 7 shows mad confidence in his teammates

You my friend are clearly BLINDED BY THE KOBE HATE it's too bad you cant see both sides and make unbiased comments

Kobes a Killer
01-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Agreed, Garnet did stay loyal to the Wolves for a long time. But he is no more a team player than Kobe is by anymeans. Who gives a **** about anyones definition of a team player anyways. Give me a guy that can get the job done and win a ring and I don't care who considers him a team player. BTW I do consider Kobe a team player, if he wasn't then how do you explain the five rings. Its just blatant hating to say otherwise.

I just wanted to show that halfwit Boston fan that by his own logic saying that Kobe needed Gasol and Shaq, one could say the same about any one in NBA history. Garnet needed Allen and Pierce. Duncan needed Parker and Manu. Jordan needed Pippen, Magic needed Kareem and Worthy and so on.

Its just so lame to me how these haters nit pick at anything to attack Kobe. I guess they don't realize how ridiculous they sound.

Completely agree, great sig by the way LOL

Also my posts might not make total sense right now and may not be in the right order lol but i have just returned home from having a few drinks so this is tougher than it looks

Htownballa1622
01-29-2011, 12:15 AM

Yeah and kg won all those games against the lakers:facepalm: I'm not even a kobe fan.
:p
So who's "********"?

Kobes a Killer
01-29-2011, 12:20 AM
^ haha sweet

Confusious
01-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Fascinating...

Corey
01-29-2011, 12:23 AM
This thread has more than run it's course.