PDA

View Full Version : Who are your NBA ASG reserves?

Sadds The Gr8
01-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Lookin at the guys on TNT make theirs, it seemed pretty interesting and thought we should make ours. So who do you guys think should come off the bench from the East and West?

East:
Rondo
Felton
Pierce
Allen
Bosh
Garnett
Horford

West:
D.Williams
Westbrook
Ginobili
Love
Griffin
Gasol
Dirk

(I'm not sure if there's supposed to be 7 reserves or 8...I put 7 for now.)

Bravo95
01-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Allen
Felton
Garnett
Horford
Johnson
Pierce
Rondo

Aldridge
Duncan (starting C for Yao)
Gasol
Ginobili
Love
Nowitzki
Westbrook
Williams

EDIT: Forgot about the Rookie-Soph game...

LTBaByyy
01-27-2011, 08:40 PM
What was the starters they said?

John Walls Era
01-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Allen
Felton
Garnett
Horford
Johnson
Rondo
Pierce

Felton :laugh2:, maybe if this was 3 weeks ago.

John Walls Era
01-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Lookin at the guys on TNT make theirs, it seemed pretty interesting and thought we should make ours. So who do you guys think should come off the bench from the East and West?

East:
Rondo
Felton
Pierce
Allen
Bosh
Garnett
Horford

West:
D.Williams
Westbrook
Ginobili
Love
Griffin
Gasol
Aldridge

Saddler putting Bosh :speechless:

I dunno if that or the face that you didn't call him Rupaul is more surprising :D

pistonsfanomg
01-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Definitely Blake

godolphins
01-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Allen
Felton
Garnett
Horford
Johnson
Rondo
Pierce
Garnett and Pierce over Bosh who average 18 ppg and 8 rebounds as a 3rd string :pity:

BrahCake954
01-27-2011, 08:44 PM

East:
Rondo
Felton
Pierce
Allen
Bosh
Garnett
Horford

West:
D.Williams
Westbrook
Ginobili
Love
Griffin
Gasol
Aldridge

no monta?

love griffin and LMA should all make the team with gasol as the C. theres too many goof PFS in the west though

LTBaByyy
01-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Dirk should be the 6th man on the Western Conference team

airronijordan
01-27-2011, 08:46 PM
West

D. Williams
Westbrook
Ellis
Ginobili
Nowitzki
Gasol
Griffin

Love in for Yao

East
Rondo
Felton
Allen
Pierce
Garnett
Bosh
Horford

Sadds The Gr8
01-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Saddler putting Bosh :speechless:

I dunno if that or the face that you didn't call him Rupaul is more surprising :D
lol. yea at first i thought he wouldn't make it cuz i thought Boozer would but Booz missed too many games. And i can't put "Rupaul" in the NBA forum or i'd get infracted :facepalm: (which is ******** because i see so much "Lequit" "Lebronze" "Lebaby:, "The Choken One" and so on with the stupid *** Lebron nicknames.

no monta?

love griffin and LMA should all make the team with gasol as the C. theres too many goof PFS in the west though

nah I think Manu, D-Will, and Westbrook deserve it over Monta.

LTBaByyy
01-27-2011, 08:47 PM

East:
Rondo
Felton
Pierce
Allen
Bosh
Garnett
Horford

West:
D.Williams
Westbrook
Ginobili
Love
Griffin
Gasol
Aldridge

So Griffin, Love, and LA but no Dirk????

Am I missing something

lkingratedr
01-27-2011, 08:48 PM

didnt he have an 18...15 game a few days ago ... sounds like all star numbers to me

ChiTownPacerFan
01-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Wow, not a single person has Nash or Duncan in the ASG. Not sure I disagree, but that still surprises me.

Chacarron
01-27-2011, 08:51 PM
East:
Rajon Rondo
Paul Pierce
Al Horford
Ray Allen
Kevin Garnett
Joe Johnson
Chris Bosh

West:
Blake Griffin
Deron Williams
Pau Gasol
Manu Ginobili
Dirk Nowitzki
Russell Westbrook
Lamar Odom/Kevin Love

The east reserves were hard to do because not many deserve to be all stars. The west reserves were even harder because so many deserve to be all stars.

Sadds The Gr8
01-27-2011, 08:54 PM

Am I missing something

oh shoot 4got dirk lol. i'll put him over LA

fadedmario
01-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Bogans

pistonsfanomg
01-27-2011, 09:00 PM
The West is the hardest

You have so many good PF's and just overall players in the West

beasted86
East:
Rondo
Allen
Johnson
Pierce
J. Smith
Bosh
Horford

West:
D. Williams
Westbrook
Ginobili
West
Aldridge
Nowitzki
Gasol

I assume Duncan is a starter at Center. And sorry, Gordon, Griffin, Ellis, etc... are not All-stars. You shouldn't be an all-star if you are below a 9th seed at the break. With that criteria, only Rudy Gay has a shot since his team is near .500 and could still get a playoff spot.

SteBO
Rondo
Garnett
Allen
Pierce
Bosh
Joe Johnson
Al Horford

Griffin
Gasol
Westbrook
Love
Deron
Nowitzki
Ellis

John Walls Era
01-27-2011, 10:16 PM
I like Saddler's list, but I'm taking LA out, putting Dirk in.

Cubsfan365
01-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Bogans
Not sure how Joe Johnson deserves to make it.

JNA17
01-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Allen
Felton
Garnett
Horford
Johnson
Pierce
Rondo

Aldridge
Duncan (starting C for Yao)
Gasol
Ginobili
Griffin
Love
Nowitzki
Westbrook

your sig....too....****ing...hard....to resist....:speechless:

Il Mago 7
01-27-2011, 10:44 PM
um no bargnani?

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-27-2011, 10:45 PM
I know Boozer has missed over a month, but he's droppin 20 & 10 at 55% and the Bulls are in 3rd place. He should be considered.

LA_Raiders
01-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Dang West is really Hard... I hope Odom makes it

DWill/Ex-Longoria/Westbrook/Monta/Manu
Gasol/TD/Nene
Griff/Love/Irk/Odom/Aldrige/West

More-Than-Most
01-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Curious about something... Why is Nash so over looked this year? He has been amazing and on top of that he has done it with basically 2 different teams after losing his best scorers in trades.

17 ppg
11 apg
53 percent from the field
41 percent from the 3 point line
92 percent from the free throw line

He is having one of his best seasons without his 2 biggest weapons in Stady/Richardson

Giaps
01-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Fail.

17.5 ppg, 9 apg, 4 rpg even after a rough 3 weeks.

NBA-GMaster
01-27-2011, 11:08 PM
EAST: Rose,Wade,James,Stoudemire&Howard
Reserves:
G:Rondo,Johnson
F:Bosh,Pierce
C:ShaqO'Neal
WC:Garnett,JoshSmith

WEST: Paul,Bryant,Durant,Anthony&Duncan(Yao)
Reserves:
G:Williams,Nash
F:Nowitzki,Love
C:Gasol
WC:Ginobili,Westbrook

*I did not include Griffin b'coz I want to see him play in RookvsSoph game..

goldenstater
01-27-2011, 11:35 PM
East:
Rondo
Allen
Johnson
Pierce
J. Smith
Bosh
Horford

West:
D. Williams
Westbrook
Ginobili
West
Aldridge
Nowitzki
Gasol

I assume Duncan is a starter at Center. And sorry, Gordon, Griffin, Ellis, etc... are not All-stars. You shouldn't be an all-star if you are below a 9th seed at the break. With that criteria, only Rudy Gay has a shot since his team is near .500 and could still get a playoff spot.

its called having more talent around them. sorry that ellis, griffin doesn't have Tim Duncan and tony parker around them. the reason any of these teams are above .500 is cause of the stars they have around them(multiple), didn't kobe miss the playoffs and was struggling till gasol got there, and how did D-Wade do last year?:facepalm:

Hawkeye15
01-27-2011, 11:58 PM
does Duncan really belong? Manu, sure. But TD is having a 14/9 season, and would get in either replacing Yao, or by screwing either Love or Blake most likely, for nostalgic purposes.

sargon21
01-28-2011, 12:51 AM
does Duncan really belong? Manu, sure. But TD is having a 14/9 season, and would get in either replacing Yao, or by screwing either Love or Blake most likely, for nostalgic purposes.

I'm not sure he deserves it, but he'll most likely get in based on respect and reputation. Don't you think?

Rndy
01-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Boozer has missed a lot of games. But if people really think Bosh should be in it, Boozer deserves it more. He's missed 15 more games then Bosh however he's outplayed him pretty easily.

Boozer is putting up 19.9/10

583 ts% 550 eFG% 18 trb% and even putting up good defense 97 drtg.

Bosh is 18.6/8.2

565 ts% 504 eFG% 13.5 trb% 102 drtg

I'll also keep in mind that due to Bosh not being a post up player his Efg% will of course be lower then Boozer.

Cubs Win
01-28-2011, 01:19 AM
I know Boozer has missed over a month, but he's droppin 20 & 10 at 55% and the Bulls are in 3rd place. He should be considered.

We're actually 2nd place in the East as of now! :clap:

We have the same record as the heat, but the BULLS head to head win over the heat gives us the advantage in the standings as of now.

kblo247
01-28-2011, 01:27 AM

Duncan's impact on defense and the Spurs winning alone should get him the nod over Love, and there is a difference between Tim sacrificing numbers and not being able to get them because of declining. Love gets good numbers but he can't defend a chair, and the fact remains that no player from the worst team in their conference has been selected by the coaches in recent history to the all star game besides Big Z due to the east needing a C.

West: Deron, Manu, Duncan, LO, Dirk, Blake, Parker, and Aldridge

East: Felton, Boozer, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, Horford, and Rondo

If only two Lakers get in the second one should not be Pau, it should be Lamar Odom. He is right near the top of the league in fg%, he has multiple double doubles, he has been better defensively, he is basically averaging a double double, and he is converting his threes. The fact is he has by far been the most consistent Laker this year and the second best player on the team at all times. Pau started great for the first three or four weeks and then fell off drastically, while Kobe took the first month to get his legs under him and take back the top player spot. With all their ups and downs the one constant and consistently good player was Lamar Odom

JordansBulls
01-28-2011, 01:30 AM
East:
Rondo
Felton
Pierce
Allen
Bosh
Boozer
Horford

West:
Gasol
Dirk
D.Williams
Westbrook
Ginobili
Love
Nash

kblo247
01-28-2011, 01:34 AM
East:
Rondo
Felton
Pierce
Allen
Bosh
Boozer
Horford

West:
Gasol
Dirk
D.Williams
Westbrook
Ginobili
Love
Nash

JB, Nash isn't winning enough games to justify him being on that list let alone over Parker.

Do you honestly think Pau has outperformed Lamar for the season as a whole?

Plus the west would essentially have 8 with Yao's replacement.

jeffstev1127
01-28-2011, 01:35 AM
East Reserves:
Raymond Felton: By far his best year and probably the most important piece next to STAT on the knicks

Rajon Rondo
Ray Allen
Kevin Garnett Celtics will be well represented
Paul Pierce
Al Horford Need a good backup center to
Chris Bosh Despite being with lbj and flash, averaging 18 and 8

West Reserves:
Pau Gasol - need another laker for the home crowd
Kevin Love - 30-30. and ridiculous stats. even on a 10 win team
Russel Westbrook - self explanetory
Tony Parker - see the spurs record and his numbers
Blake Griffin - every dunk Griffin has ever had and averaging a rookie record pace for a big name averaging 23 and 12. only davis robinson and shaq have done that.

Deron Williams - arguably the best point guard in the league
Dirk Nowitzki - Had it not been for a couple of injuries, int the running for MVP
Manu Ginobili- MVP talk and he's not even the face of the Spurs.

SNUBS EAST:
Joe Johnson, Danny Granger Josh Smith, Joakim Boozer

Snubs WEST:
Tim Duncan, Monte Ellis, Steve Nash, Chauncy Billups

Mr.Chi-Town
01-28-2011, 01:37 AM
East:
Rondo
Felton
Pierce
Allen
Bosh
Boozer
Horford

West:
Gasol
Dirk
D.Williams
Westbrook
Ginobili
Love
Nash

I like this these lists but i would put Odom over Gasol and and undecided on nash.

kblo247
01-28-2011, 01:40 AM
I like this these lists but i would put Odom over Gasol and and undecided on nash.

I'd give the nod to Parker for having the best record in the league. His numbers aren't that far off from all the Boston players who will get in and he is winning far more.

Agreed about LO though as he has been better than Pau for the majority of the season as a whole.

Bravo95
01-28-2011, 01:42 AM
Not really. The Spurs have played so well I think they deserve two all stars. So it's either Duncan or Parker. Most would agree the West has three PG locks (Paul, DWill and Russ) so if we're going to add a 4th pg, it's between Nash and Parker, and Nash has better numbers almost across the board. But without Yao, the West is lacking centers, which is what I consider TD now. (Kevin Love is on already on my West roster).

Mr.Chi-Town
01-28-2011, 01:43 AM
I'd give the nod to Parker for having the best record in the league. His numbers aren't that far off from all the Boston players who will get in and he is winning far more.

Agreed about LO though as he has been better than Pau for the majority of the season as a whole.

good point.

parker it is :)

BradyIsTheMan12
01-28-2011, 01:45 AM
Even though I know it won't happen, I do think LaMarcus Aldridge deserves an All-Star Game nomination over Kevin Love or Blake Griffin. Aldridge has kept the team together amidst terrible injuries, and since Roy got hurt he's averaging around 28 PPG, the other two guys aren't even winning...But I know it is a losing battle to expect him to get in ahead of either one.

kblo247
01-28-2011, 01:47 AM
good point.

parker it is :)

Yeah, I know that the Western conference has more guys playing better and putting up numbers as a whole than the East, but I have a hard time just saying that the team with the best record out East gets 4 and the team with the best record in the league gets 2

kblo247
01-28-2011, 01:53 AM
Even though I know it won't happen, I do think LaMarcus Aldridge deserves an All-Star Game nomination over Kevin Love or Blake Griffin. Aldridge has kept the team together amidst terrible injuries, and since Roy got hurt he's averaging around 28 PPG, the other two guys aren't even winning...But I know it is a losing battle to expect him to get in ahead of either one.

I have no problem with Love or Blake for that matter being left off all together.

Blake's numbers are great for a rookie but he is still just a rookie and that excuse has been used over the past decade to keep Melo and others out when they were playing well and helping his team become a winner. Love's numbers are great as well but no all star reserve that has been selected outside of Big Z has come from the worst team in their conference because the East need a C, and losing is what was used to keep Monta, Al Jefferson, and Z-bo out in his Portland days.

It wouldn't be ideal, but I can honestly excuse them being skipped over out west with all the players who are playing well at their position on winning teams. I mean there is Dirk, Pau, LO, Aldridge, Duncan, and Randolph who are all putting up good numbers and helping their teams win more and are better on both ends.

Then again all this talk could be meaningless if Melo gets traded to the East before the all star game :laugh2:

Rego247
01-28-2011, 02:26 AM
east.

rondo
felton
allen
pierce
boozer
garnett
horford

west = what saddler said.

J-Relo
01-28-2011, 05:04 AM
east.

rondo
felton
allen
pierce
boozer
garnett
horford

west = what saddler said.

why Boozer???

abe_froman
01-28-2011, 05:24 AM
why Boozer???

20/10 statline with .583 ts and his team is currently the 2nd seed in the conference

so why not?

kArSoN RyDaH
01-28-2011, 05:54 AM
do people really have the whole entire boston roster as their all star game back ups? lol.

Rndy
01-28-2011, 05:55 AM
why Boozer???

He deserves it over Bosh. The guy that can't even put up rebound numbers that would be good for a SF. If you look at the page before this you can see. And wouldn't have to ask such questions.

Baller1
01-28-2011, 06:04 AM
I don't care, as long as Westbrook doesn't get snubbed.

xabial
01-28-2011, 07:26 AM

While i hope Felton makes the All-Star game, I agree Felton's been playing cold lately probly from injuries, and from constantly playin 40+ minutes.

kgjfan243
01-28-2011, 07:42 AM
East:
Rondo
Felton
Pierce
Joe Johnson
Josh Smith
Bargnani
Bogut

West:
Gasol
Dirk
Deron Williams
Westbrook
Eric Gordon
Love
Griffin

J-Relo
01-28-2011, 08:21 AM
East:
Rondo
Felton
Pierce
Joe Johnson
Josh Smith
Bargnani
Bogut

West:
Gasol
Dirk
Deron Williams
Westbrook
Eric Gordon
Love
Griffin

okay, it's your opinion, but why Bargnani?

outside of his ~22 ppg, he has nothing to show

SteBO
01-28-2011, 09:13 AM
He deserves it over Bosh. The guy that can't even put up rebound numbers that would be good for a SF. If you look at the page before this you can see. And wouldn't have to ask such questions.

Bosh is averaging 8.2 rebounds per game, which isn't really bad. He deserves it.

pebloemer
01-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Looks like the entire East will probably come from 6 teams this year: NY, Miami, Boston, Orlando, Atlanta, Chicago. I guess they are the only 6 relevant Eastern teams right now. Although I still like players like Iggy, Granger, etc, team record has a huge influence. Save for the 3-13 Philly start, I'd consider giving Iggy a spot.

Rondo, Pierce, Horford, Garnett are locks for me.

Then 3 of Smith, Johnson, Felton, Allen, Bosh, Boozer. Depends how you value health and history. Boozer's missed a bunch of the season and Bosh is injured now. I'd probably give it to Bosh over Boozer for the games Boozer missed early. Doesn't feel like and ASG without Allen, so I'd put him in too. I'd love to reward Felton for a huge year in New York, but I'd also love to reward Smith as I feel he got snubbed last year. And I can't look past Johnson either. Tough choices.

JordansBulls
01-28-2011, 10:01 AM
JB, Nash isn't winning enough games to justify him being on that list let alone over Parker.

Do you honestly think Pau has outperformed Lamar for the season as a whole?

Plus the west would essentially have 8 with Yao's replacement.

Gasol leads the team in Win Shares. He is 2nd in the league in it as well. He has a 8.3 Win Shares, Lamar a 6.5 Win Shares and Kobe a 6.3 Win Share.

Hawkeye15
01-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Duncan's impact on defense and the Spurs winning alone should get him the nod over Love, and there is a difference between Tim sacrificing numbers and not being able to get them because of declining. Love gets good numbers but he can't defend a chair, and the fact remains that no player from the worst team in their conference has been selected by the coaches in recent history to the all star game besides Big Z due to the east needing a C.

West: Deron, Manu, Duncan, LO, Dirk, Blake, Parker, and Aldridge

East: Felton, Boozer, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, Horford, and Rondo

If only two Lakers get in the second one should not be Pau, it should be Lamar Odom. He is right near the top of the league in fg%, he has multiple double doubles, he has been better defensively, he is basically averaging a double double, and he is converting his threes. The fact is he has by far been the most consistent Laker this year and the second best player on the team at all times. Pau started great for the first three or four weeks and then fell off drastically, while Kobe took the first month to get his legs under him and take back the top player spot. With all their ups and downs the one constant and consistently good player was Lamar Odom

you just don't leave off a 21/16 player who is also top 12 in 3%, and FT%. It just can't happen.

Hawkeye15
01-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Not really. The Spurs have played so well I think they deserve two all stars. So it's either Duncan or Parker. Most would agree the West has three PG locks (Paul, DWill and Russ) so if we're going to add a 4th pg, it's between Nash and Parker, and Nash has better numbers almost across the board. But without Yao, the West is lacking centers, which is what I consider TD now. (Kevin Love is on already on my West roster).

I only think that winning is a team thing. Duncan should make it I guess, but he should be placed at C for Yao. Taking one of the forward spots over guys who are having better individual seasons just doesn't make sense.

That being said, I haven't watched All Star weekend for years. Never cared. I would if Love made it I guess, but maybe not even then

SteBO
01-28-2011, 10:06 AM
you just don't leave off a 21/16 player who is also top 12 in 3%, and FT%. It just can't happen.

Coaches reward winning, not losing. I understand that stats alone should get love in, but unfortunately the likelihood of it happening is slim to none.

AIRMAR72
01-28-2011, 10:15 AM
its going be a shoot out best talents da league have seen in over decade it reminds of late 80s with the balance of talents lets go EAST!!!

Hawkeye15
01-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Coaches reward winning, not losing. I understand that stats alone should get love in, but unfortunately the likelihood of it happening is slim to none.

well, a lot of coach's have made comments that Love is an all star, so I guess we will find out how they decide to vote in a week or so.

SteBO
01-28-2011, 10:35 AM
well, a lot of coach's have made comments that Love is an all star, so I guess we will find out how they decide to vote in a week or so.

Agreed. But 21/16 are Moses Malone numbers, so i do find it hard not to see him in the all-star game.

Flash3
01-28-2011, 10:39 AM

he'll probably be replacement for yao, i mean kaman got in last year it would be a travesty if love didnt get in.

Flash3
01-28-2011, 10:44 AM
East:
Rondo
Felton
Pierce
Joe Johnson
Josh Smith
Bargnani
Bogut

West:
Gasol
Dirk
Deron Williams
Westbrook
Eric Gordon
Love
Griffin

lolwut ?

mttwlsn16
01-28-2011, 11:09 AM

Am I missing something

they all deserve it over dirk imo, all 3 of them

DaBUU
01-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Fail.

17.5 ppg, 9 apg, 4 rpg even after a rough 3 weeks.

If Felton is in, Luol Deng should be considered also

xxplayerxx23
01-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Not sure if felton gets in. Its tough, He had a couple bad weeks, but is still putting up some nice numbers. I think bosh should get in.

xxplayerxx23
01-28-2011, 11:56 AM

Even though love is on a bad team, I still see him in there. He is putting up some great numbers.Davidlee got in last year. So why not love

Hawkeye15
01-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Not sure if felton gets in. Its tough, He had a couple bad weeks, but is still putting up some nice numbers. I think bosh should get in.

add in that the Knicks will already have a player there, and it just gets tougher for Felton.

Sadds The Gr8
01-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Raps Fans: No Bargnani can't make it. his defense/rebounding is terrible to go along with his team record. only way u can make it with a losing record is if you're putting up amazing stats (like Love and Griffin). If Bargnani deserves it, that means Monta Ellis and Kevin Martin should be in too. Scoring isn't the only important thing in basketball, and that's all Bargnani can do.

Super.
01-28-2011, 01:34 PM
I like how everyone's East reserves is like the entire Celtics starting roster.

I approve

Rego247
01-28-2011, 01:54 PM
why Boozer???

look at the numbers. they speak for themselves.

beasted86
01-28-2011, 02:03 PM
and how did D-Wade do last year?:facepalm:

Uh... he led the team to 47 wins and a 5th seed. :shrug:

At the all-star break the Heat were .500 and in the 6th spot

GSW Hoops
01-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Can't believe Monta Ellis isn't getting more attention.

41 mpg
26 ppg
5.6 assists
2.2 steals
47% fg
37% ft

Clutch shots...

Rndy
01-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Bosh is averaging 8.2 rebounds per game, which isn't really bad. He deserves it.

TRB% is by far the superior stat. Which Bosh is posting a 13.5 .4 higher then Carmelo Anthony. Yeah he deserves to just chill at home.

SteBO
01-28-2011, 02:35 PM
TRB% is by far the superior stat. Which Bosh is posting a 13.5 .4 higher then Carmelo Anthony. Yeah he deserves to just chill at home.

Did you really have to post that bro. If all four celtics make the reserves, then Bosh does also if we're going to reward winning. Same case can be made for Boozer.

John Walls Era
01-28-2011, 02:36 PM

You also got to factor in Lebron's and Wade's willingness to rebound. But I can see why you wouldn't want Bosh to make it since he plays for the Heat.

Avenged
01-28-2011, 02:38 PM

Advanced statistics don't play a major role in deciding who gets in..

PPG, AST, AND TRB are the main stats taken into account.. a long with how much your team is winning and reputation.

J-Relo
01-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Can't believe Monta Ellis isn't getting more attention.

41 mpg
26 ppg
5.6 assists
2.2 steals
47% fg
37% ft

Clutch shots...

he's posting crazy numbers, he should be in, but it's hard to find a spot over bunch of guys also worth it... (Nash, Manu...)

John Walls Era
01-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Kevin Martin and Ellis deserve it, but theres too much talent in the West.

Rndy
01-28-2011, 02:49 PM
You also got to factor in Lebron's and Wade's willingness to rebound. But I can see why you wouldn't want Bosh to make it since he plays for the Heat.

Or it's because he doesn't deserve it over Boozer? Who has I don't know out performed him? But yeah no you're right.:rolleyes: I'd also like to mention thats just an excuse saying Lebron and Wade willingness to rebound. The Bulls have almost 4 players with 15+ trb% Boozer with 18%. And thats with out Noah. Fact is Bosh has sucked this year at rebounding compared to last year.

Advanced statistics don't play a major role in deciding who gets in..

PPG, AST, AND TRB are the main stats taken into account.. a long with how much your team is winning and reputation.

Oh I guess that makes it ok then. I hope Jeter wins another golden glove next year with his negative uzr/150 :)

Cool007
01-28-2011, 02:56 PM
East:

Rondo
Garnett
Allen
Pierce
Bosh
Joe Johnson
Al Horford

West:

Deron
Westbrook
Love
Griffin
Ginobli
Dirk
Gasol

Duncan as Yao's replacement.

SteBO
01-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Or it's because he doesn't deserve it over Boozer? Who has I don't know out performed him? But yeah no you're right.:rolleyes:

Oh I guess that makes it ok then. I hope Jeter wins another golden glove next year with his negative uzr/150 :)

CB1 is pretty much averaging a double-double after his slow start. He deserves it just as much as Booz does. Your homerism is becoming quite obvious.

pebloemer
01-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Or it's because he doesn't deserve it over Boozer? Who has I don't know out performed him? But yeah no you're right.:rolleyes:

Out performed him per game. Sure you can argue that. But I'd take Bosh's number in 42 games over Boozer's numbers in 27 games. Missing a huge chunk of the season does hurt the all-star chances and your value to your team. Boozer's had a great year when he has been playing. But he hasn't even played in 30 games yet.

Also, I should add: putting exaggerations in your arguments doesn't help your case.

You go on to say:

Carmelo Anthony has one of the best rebounding SF's in the game. You claim, Bosh rebounds at a better rate than Carmelo. And you claim Bosh can't even put up rebounding numbers that would be good for a SF. Melo is a SF. Can you see your contradictions?

John Walls Era
01-28-2011, 03:07 PM

Less sample size = too bad.

Rego247
01-28-2011, 03:08 PM
CB1 is pretty much averaging a double-double after his slow start. He deserves it just as much as Booz does. Your homerism is becoming quite obvious.

that very well may be the case. however, its about who deserves it more. look at his numbers and compare them to bosh's. i know boozer has been injured and missed a lot of games, thats why i think what hes doing is more impressive. coming off an injury and putting up those kinds of numbers .Plus bulls are 2nd in the conference. SECOND. if the bulls continue to play well, how can u not make a case for boozer over bosh?

SteBO
01-28-2011, 03:11 PM
that may be the case. however, its about who deserves it more. and boozer deserves it more imo. look at his numbers and compare them to bosh's. Plus bulls are 2nd in the conference. SECOND. if the bulls continue to play well, how can u not make a case for boozer over bosh?

Got a point there. reserves are announced nxt week, and Miami should get the two seed back considering both CHI and MIA upcoming schedules. Bulls just got the two seed off a heat loss that Bosh wasn't even involved in. But we'll see. Hopefully the coaches make the right decision.

Rndy
01-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Out performed him per game. Sure you can argue that. But I'd take Bosh's number in 42 games over Boozer's numbers in 27 games. Missing a huge chunk of the season does hurt the all-star chances and your value to your team. Boozer's had a great year when he has been playing. But he hasn't even played in 30 games yet.

Now this is a valid argument. Although right now there is a 14 game difference 13 by tonight. Who knows how much smaller it will get while Bosh is hurt right now. I'd find it hard to believe that over that period of time Boozer would lose that much efficiency which is close to his career average and his other stats which are close to his average. Bosh's stats are close to his average as well.

Got a point there. reserves are announced nxt week, and Miami should get the two seed back considering both CHI and MIA upcoming schedules. Bulls just got the two seed off a heat loss that Bosh wasn't even involved in. But we'll see. Hopefully the coaches make the right decision.

You don't consider that a terrible excuse considering you know the injurys the Bulls have had?

KingPosey
01-28-2011, 03:13 PM

ya true, but with so many good players, i think that is a genuine reason to remove him. It is any easy reason to eliminate a guy, and its pretty fair.

Turtle55
01-28-2011, 03:15 PM
East:

Rondo
Garnett
Allen
Pierce
Bosh
Joe Johnson
Al Horford

West:

Deron
Westbrook
Love
Griffin
Ginobli
Dirk
Gasol

Duncan as Yao's replacement.

Completely agree with this west list. The east list I think needs Felton over Ray Allen and Josh Smith or Boozer over Garnett. But if Garnett makes over those guys I won't be outraged.

pebloemer
01-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Now this is a valid argument. Although right now there is a 14 game difference 13 by tonight. Who knows how much smaller it will get while Bosh is hurt right now. I'd find it hard to believe that over that period of time Boozer would lose that much efficiency which is close to his career average and his other stats which are close to his average. Bosh's stats are close to his average as well.

That's the unknown variable that all people should take into account. And the one that gave me the hardest time in deciding between the two. But opinions are based on the present, so I make my selections based on the present. Boozer is just coming off an injury, but looks ready to put in full time again, so it is fair to project his GP numbers to close on Bosh. But All-Star selections are chosen on Tuesday I believe by the coaches, so it wil be interesting to see how the collective evaluates that variable.

SteBO
01-28-2011, 03:16 PM

You don't consider that a terrible excuse considering you know the injurys the Bulls have had?

I'm fully aware of the Bulls injuries. That just forced Rose to do more. Boozer's been banged up and he hasn't played as many games as Bosh. Don't get me wrong, I'm cool if Boozer gets it. Miami's got two players in the starting lineup already. It's only fair Chicago gets two players in there as well, considering their record.

NYMetros
01-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Lamarcus Aldridge deserves to be in it. I'd put him in over Pau Gasol.

ishouldbeagm
01-28-2011, 04:13 PM
west
kevin love
deron williams-should have been starter
blake griffin
russell westbrook-should have been starter
david lee-should have been starter
pau gasol
monta ellis

east
al horford
ray felton
rajon rando
dan granger
paul pierce
josh smith
chris bosh

Turtle55
01-28-2011, 05:30 PM
west
kevin love
deron williams-should have been starter
blake griffin
russell westbrook-should have been starter
david lee-should have been starter
pau gasol
monta ellis

east
al horford
ray felton
rajon rando
dan granger
paul pierce
josh smith
chris bosh

With the possible exception of David Lee I like these lists quite a bit as well.

Super.
01-28-2011, 06:12 PM
look at the numbers. they speak for themselves.

Missing a large chuck of the season speaks a little bit more