PDA

View Full Version : NBA bans Wade's goggles

Jonathan2323
01-27-2011, 07:28 PM
IraHeatBeat
The NBA has banned Wade's goggles, saying they were too tinted. They were checked at NBA office and determined an "unfair advantage."

Erik Spoelstra said league told Heat it was an unfair advantage because opponents could not see Wade's eyes.

http://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat

RZZZA
01-27-2011, 07:28 PM
lol, wut?

Gators123
01-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Seriously? wow

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2011, 07:29 PM
funny ****, but does anyone have any pictures of those goggles

Jonathan2323
01-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Banned before even wearing them lol

RZZZA
how do tinted goggles give you an advantage?

i guess they give you an advantage....in looking cool

SteBO
WTF?! What the hell is he supposed to wear then

Ray_R
01-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Dont see how it is unfair advantage.

kingbrentg
01-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Maybe the league is saving him the embarrassment of being one of those losers that wear their sunglasses inside.

:cool:

SteBO
01-27-2011, 07:32 PM
:shrug: Seriously, the NBA FO sometimes smh.

SA5195
01-27-2011, 07:33 PM
smh lol

arkanian215
Maybe the league is saving him the embarrassment of being one of those losers that wear their sunglasses inside.

Dunno it's pretty darn bright under those big lights.

29$JerZ
:laugh:

I'd love a response to how that would cause an unfair advantage.

Jonathan2323
01-27-2011, 07:34 PM
If anything its an unfair advantage to Wade. I cant imagine playing ball in tinted shades.

giventofly
It makes sense though.

Gators123
Picture of the goggles

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/dwyane-wade-glasses.jpg

asandhu23
01-27-2011, 07:35 PM
maybe those glasses have futuristic computers on them which shows you the opponents plays and tendencies....

Jonathan2323
01-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Picture of the goggles

He actually got new ones that are black.

Klivlend
01-27-2011, 07:38 PM

Finish reading the OP.

The glasses were deemed too dark. Opponents could not see D-Wades eyes.

29$JerZ
01-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Ahh I see

The tints make him look like Iron Man. can't have that.

Jonathan2323
01-27-2011, 07:39 PM
SedanoShow
Wade's glasses are too tinted? NBA says "unfair advantage," b/c u can't see his eyes? I saw them at practice from 40 ft & could see his eyes

EthanJSkolnick
The NBA will not allow Dwyane Wade to wear the goggles he's worn all week. Too tinted. Seriously. He is trying some others.

knicksfan42
01-27-2011, 07:40 PM

When I took karate lessons as a kid my trainer always told me to look in the opponents eyes to help me determine what they are going to do next. I guess maybe this is the league's line of thinking here. Perhaps looking into a players eyes can somewhat make it easier to predict what they are going to do next, like who they are going to pass to.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Picture of the goggles

Douglas-Roberts wears exactly the same ones

NBA is stupid sometimes

KnicksR4Real
01-27-2011, 07:41 PM
honestly?

whitemamba33
01-27-2011, 07:42 PM
I find it interesting that almost everyone who posted a reply asked how Wade got an unfair advantage, yet the original post explained why.

D Roses Bulls
01-27-2011, 07:43 PM
how do tinted goggles give you an advantage?

i guess they give you an advantage....in looking cool

when your taught how to play defense, your taught to not look at his body movement, but his eyes when defending a player, by doing that, you have a better idea if he is going right or left. if you cant see his eyes, then its a real big advantage.

whitemamba33
Banned before even wearing them lol

...would you rather the league wait until he's about to start in a game and then tell him he has to sit out because the goggles are unfair?

Some people will complain either way. If they give him notice and time to find other goggles, you complain. If they told him he had to sit out and didn't give him notice, you would complain.

sad.

godolphins
This is pathetic

Avenged
It does make sense but it is silly

smith&wesson
01-27-2011, 07:44 PM
it important, how else would you know if its a no look pass or not lol
:p

Jonathan2323
01-27-2011, 07:45 PM
...would you rather the league wait until he's about to start in a game and then tell him he has to sit out because the goggles are unfair?

Some people will complain either way. If they give him notice and time to find other goggles, you complain. If they told him he had to sit out and didn't give him notice, you would complain.

sad.

Actually could careless about the goggles and found it funny. Not complaining at all.

NickyNick
I find it interesting that almost everyone who posted a reply asked how Wade got an unfair advantage, yet the original post explained why.

haha exactly, people cant read

D Roses Bulls
I cant believe people dont get why this is a disadvantage :facepalm:

J4KOP99
In all honesty, it does make some sense. Reading a players eyes is a big part of playing defense.

If he really has a migraine, then he should sit out.

NYman15
01-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Wow

ee
01-27-2011, 07:46 PM
yea, it's those glasses that makes everyone naked.....

baghdadbob
01-27-2011, 07:47 PM
F Wade. He gets so many calls it makes me sick. Like 5 non-fouls every night.

Sox72
01-27-2011, 07:48 PM
When I took karate lessons as a kid my trainer always told me to look in the opponents eyes to help me determine what they are going to do next. I guess maybe this is the league's line of thinking here. Perhaps looking into a players eyes can somewhat make it easier to predict what they are going to do next, like who they are going to pass to.

DO NOT argue with this guy.

Jonathan2323
01-27-2011, 07:50 PM
NBA also banned Wade from wearing that band aid on his face like Nelly.

commonsense12
01-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Who cares get new lenses that arent tinted. Whats the problem....really?

Dade County
01-27-2011, 07:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_HlTGzkKeE :cool:

blastmasta26
01-27-2011, 07:55 PM
What's the reason for that?

Klivlend
01-27-2011, 07:56 PM
DO NOT argue with this guy.
HAHAHA! For real!

when your taught how to play defense, your taught to not look at his body movement, but his eyes when defending a player, by doing that, you have a better idea if he is going right or left. if you cant see his eyes, then its a real big advantage.

Really? Cause I'm pretty sure you can still fake people out with your eyes. That's why the no-look pass is effective. Good players never stare down who they're going to pass the ball to anyway.

I was taught to look at the players belly button cause if their stomach moves left, everything moves left. You can't fake one way with your stomach and not go there.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2011, 07:57 PM

I love that song:p

D Roses Bulls

you live in miami and you forgot rick ross's version? fail on your part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brthG9QWuwo

netsgiantsyanks
^:laugh:. thats the song they were playing in that beer commercial when that guy was wearing his sunglasses inside.

(i know its obvious).

TO Rapz
:facepalm: @ all the people asking why. lol, its pretty clear that it does impact movements, and how he is defended, and anticipation which is a big part of the game. its really not that hard to understand..

WizFan3
makes sense

haggis
Were the glasses trolling or baiting? Maybe he can PM King Brent and have the ban lessened... :shrug:

haggis
01-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Really? Cause I'm pretty sure you can still fake people out with your eyes. That's why the no-look pass is effective. Good players never stare down who they're going to pass the ball to anyway..

Brad Miller made a career out of it.

avrpatsfan
01-27-2011, 08:07 PM
It makes sense. If you can't see your opponents eyes it makes it a lot easier for him to pass without the ball being stolen. It makes it a lot harder to telegraph passes.

Atticus Finch
01-27-2011, 08:10 PM
HAHAHA! For real!

Really? Cause I'm pretty sure you can still fake people out with your eyes. That's why the no-look pass is effective. Good players never stare down who they're going to pass the ball to anyway.

I was taught to look at the players belly button cause if their stomach moves left, everything moves left. You can't fake one way with your stomach and not go there.

Beat me to it on both accounts. Can you imagine Magic Johnson if he always looked at the person he was going to pass to? It would go from show-time to no-time in a hurry.

And yeah, stare at a player's belly button and it's going to help you stay in front of your man, as well as stay down on pump fakes. Maybe teams should start thinking about picking up players who have a background in belly dancing?

Phenomenonsense
01-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Klivlend View Post
Really? Cause I'm pretty sure you can still fake people out with your eyes. That's why the no-look pass is effective. Good players never stare down who they're going to pass the ball to anyway..

Yea, that's why its not allowed. Not knowing where he is looking gives him an unfair advantage, even if he doesn't necessarily have to look there to make the play. Being able to look where he wants to pass without the defender being able to see it. It makes passing much more accurate and easier for Wade, therefore, unfair advantage.

NYKSpiritBomb
01-27-2011, 08:11 PM

sole reason LT wears a tinted visor in his helmets because it prevents the linebackers try to read his eyes pre-snap to get an edge on the play. same sort of thing

ManRam
01-27-2011, 08:14 PM
It makes sense...but I feel bad for Wade honestly.

As a migraine sufferer, light can be very annoying. It seems like the migraine he had really has messed his vision up. I've never had aura problems passed 24 hours after a migraine, so that says something about him.

But it is an unfair advantage...for sure. Hopefully he can play fine without them.

Jonathan2323
01-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Here's a video of the glasses he was going to wear.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-dwyane-wade-migraine-s012711,0,1484350.story

masalex1205
01-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Who cares get new lenses that arent tinted. Whats the problem....really?

b/c they're tinted to help prevent migraines, so not having tinted lenses would defeat the purpose of wearing the glasses in the first place

ManRam
01-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Here's a video of the glasses he was going to wear.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-dwyane-wade-migraine-s012711,0,1484350.story

Yeah...again I sympathize with him, but those shouldn't be allowed, even for extenuating circumstances like this. Definitely can't see his eyes...and debate how important or not that is, it certainly matters a tiny bit, and a "tiny" bit constitutes an advantage.

Sir Buckets
01-27-2011, 08:30 PM
This is insane, lmao

D Roses Bulls
01-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Yeah...again I sympathize with him, but those shouldn't be allowed, even for extenuating circumstances like this. Definitely can't see his eyes...and debate how important or not that is, it certainly matters a tiny bit, and a "tiny" bit constitutes an advantage.

I know it seems like im always tryin correct you, trust me its not, but actually its not a tiny bit of advantage, its actually a pretty big advantage when you can't see the eyes.

footballer2369
01-27-2011, 08:32 PM

Yes, but the premise is ridiculous.

1) You can still see his eyes

and more importantly

2) It's give and take. They can't read his eyes as easily, but Wade has less clear vision and has to wear goggles.

LA_Raiders
01-27-2011, 08:48 PM
lol

commonsense12
01-27-2011, 08:50 PM
b/c they're tinted to help prevent migraines, so not having tinted lenses would defeat the purpose of wearing the glasses in the first place

If you have a migraine that bad, tinted shades are not going to be the difference in being able to play and not. Migraines that are that bad wont allow you to get out of bed.

ManRam
01-27-2011, 08:50 PM
I know it seems like im always tryin correct you, trust me its not, but actually its not a tiny bit of advantage, its actually a pretty big advantage when you can't see the eyes.

I meant to say that at the least it's a tiny advantage...

I think it's a big advantage, personally, but I don't think anyone can say it isn't an advantage at all, and that's what I was getting at. Any advantage is an advantage...

BALLER R
01-27-2011, 09:00 PM
but if no one can see his eyes isnt that also a disadvantage because he can't get his teammates eye contact on when hes gonna cut or they should throw him a lob...so that makes no sense therefore they cancel each other out so he should be able to wear them

Fireworld
01-27-2011, 09:02 PM
if opponents can't see his eyes, then they can't tell where he's looking to pass. I understand the ban but I don't agree with it. Players should be able to use something like this to their advantage.

Flash3
01-27-2011, 09:05 PM
looks like he's wearing them regardless.

RZZZA
01-27-2011, 09:07 PM
brown tints? meh. they don't look as cool as I imagined

commonsense12
01-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Yeah it looks like he really needs them to 4-5 for 8 points already.

MickeyMgl
01-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Are they banned or aren't they? I see him wearing them.

kobes2good
01-27-2011, 09:21 PM
not one of u obviously play basketball because reading the players eyes on defense can help you a lot

RZZZA
01-27-2011, 09:23 PM
not one of u obviously play basketball because reading the players eyes on defense can help you a lot

right but everyone knows there's two types of shades, ones where you can see the eyes and ones where you cant

ManningToTyree
01-27-2011, 09:27 PM
It does make sense people. read the OP.

pd1dish
01-27-2011, 09:28 PM
are you guys stupid???? it IS an advantage. im sure wade didnt mean for it to be an advantage, but it is because its easier to tell where a guy is going to pass it if you can see where he is looking. or if he is looking at the basket, it probably means he is looking for a shot. if you cant see a guys eyes, then it makes it 100x harder to read his passes. if he really NEEDS goggles, he can get clear ones.

Flash3
01-27-2011, 09:30 PM

i play basketball and i don't read eye's

logic/flawed.

ManRam
01-27-2011, 09:30 PM
but if no one can see his eyes isnt that also a disadvantage because he can't get his teammates eye contact on when hes gonna cut or they should throw him a lob...so that makes no sense therefore they cancel each other out so he should be able to wear them

This logic doesn't work. You can't prove those things are equal...and even if you could (you can't), it still gives him an advantage over the other team on the offensive end...and any advantage from something like glasses should never be allowed.

Defense looking into the offensive player's eyes is far more important than hsi teammates seeing his eyes. Have you played basketball?

Flash3
01-27-2011, 09:31 PM
are you guys stupid???? it IS an advantage. im sure wade didnt mean for it to be an advantage, but it is because its easier to tell where a guy is going to pass it if you can see where he is looking. or if he is looking at the basket, it probably means he is looking for a shot. if you cant see a guys eyes, then it makes it 100x harder to read his passes. if he really NEEDS goggles, he can get clear ones.

he needs them tinted because he has migraines.

pd1dish
01-27-2011, 09:42 PM
i play basketball and i don't read eye's

logic/flawed.

just because you dont do it, doesnt mean others dont do it. i was always taught to look at the belly button when defending against the drive and look at the eyes when defending against the pass and the shot. you look at the eyes when you think they are going to pass or shoot because in order to shoot, you HAVE to look at the basket and most guys look at the guy theyre passing it to.

he needs them tinted because he has migraines.

i dont care why he needs them. if he is having migraines and he cant play without dark, tinted goggles then he shouldnt be playing. he should have been listed out for tonights game.

RZZZA
01-27-2011, 09:43 PM
I dont understand how tinted glasses even prevent migraines. I know that having a migraine makes you sensitive to light... but if he's playing through migraines all the time, how is he even able to play?

Flash3
01-27-2011, 09:49 PM
just because you dont do it, doesnt mean others dont do it. i was always taught to look at the belly button when defending against the drive and look at the eyes when defending against the pass and the shot. you look at the eyes when you think they are going to pass or shoot because in order to shoot, you HAVE to look at the basket and most guys look at the guy theyre passing it to.

i dont care why he needs them. if he is having migraines and he cant play without dark, tinted goggles then he shouldnt be playing. he should have been listed out for tonights game.

1st. he did say " you obviously don't play basketball" i don't look at the eye's and techincally i do play basketball so his logic is flawed.

2nd. lolwut ?

PrestigeWldWde
01-27-2011, 10:01 PM
I cant believe people dont get why this is a disadvantage :facepalm:

It's because the people that don't get why it's a disadvantage have probably never played organized basketball before.

RZZZA
01-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Maybe those people realize that not all tinted glasses block your eyes from being seen? Yellow tints? brown tints? you can see the eyes.

only black ones you can't

PrestigeWldWde
01-27-2011, 10:05 PM
1st. he did say " you obviously don't play basketball" i don't look at the eye's and techincally i do play basketball so his logic is flawed.

2nd. lolwut ?

Doubtful you do play any type of organized basketball. If so, then you undoubtedly have some of the worst coaches in history.
As for the 2nd part, how do you not understand what he is saying. He's saying if Wade is having migraines and is sensitive to light, then he shouldn't be playing in tonight's game. Plain and simple.

RZZZA
01-27-2011, 10:07 PM
if he does have a migraine and he's playing through it, he's a tough son of a *****. Migraines don't just make you sensitive to light, they make you sensitive to noise, and they make you queasy.

PrestigeWldWde
01-27-2011, 10:11 PM
if he does have a migraine and he's playing through it, he's a tough son of a *****. Migraines don't just make you sensitive to light, they make you sensitive to noise, and they make you queasy.

Very true, but there are ways around it like the goggles and certain medications. Just ask Percy Migraine Harvin who can't practice all week but when Sunday rolls around he's all good to play. I understand why the NBA thinks that Wade's goggles could give him an unfair disadvantage, but on the other hand, there NFL doesn't ban them dark faceshields. I know it's probably less of a distraction in the NFL, but LBs and DBs like to read QBs eyes.

Flash3
01-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Doubtful you do play any type of organized basketball. If so, then you undoubtedly have some of the worst coaches in history.
As for the 2nd part, how do you not understand what he is saying. He's saying if Wade is having migraines and is sensitive to light, then he shouldn't be playing in tonight's game. Plain and simple.

you can't possibly think this ?

chicago lulz
01-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Watch Opponents' Chest
When playing defense in basketball, you of course want to follow the above of the defensive basketball tips to not be the reactor. Sometimes you can't avoid it, though. You can, however, anticipate the offensive player's next move by watching their chest.

A player can fake a number of different ways, but their chest will always show where they're going next. They can make a jab step with their foot one way and go another way, fake a shot with their head and shoulders, or fake a pass with their hands, arms, and shoulders. The one thing that will not be used to fake will be the chest. Focus on this and help prevent being faked out by other body parts.

i'm not saying the eyes won't tell anything, but I mean...

Kobes a Killer
01-27-2011, 10:26 PM
I've had migraines all my life...When they come all my lights go off in the entire house, cold cloth on the head and sleep, also i dont wanna hear a peep out of anyone/anything. A migraine may be one of the most intense pains I have ever felt ever ever ever. Wade is one tough son of a gun if he's playing through migraines... Props

COBY KARL
01-27-2011, 10:26 PM
lol wow

PrestigeWldWde
01-27-2011, 10:30 PM
you can't possibly think this ?

Why not? Have you ever had a migraine? I think you are underestimating the severity of it's symptoms. If you are sensitive to light, then you shouldn't be playing. Stay at the hotel in your nice dark room and do what you can to make sure you get back as quick as possible. Just because he's sensitive to light because of migraines shouldn't allow him to have an unfair advantage. You don't see guys coming back in with a hurt foot playing in a walking boot to protect their foot.

RZZZA
01-27-2011, 10:31 PM
I really dont think he's playing through migraines, just because I don't think anybody could do that and play well. I think something about the light CAUSES migraines for him, hence the shades...although I also find that perplexing because I didn't realize light could cause migraines

cambovenzi
01-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Made sense to me..

ChiTownPacerFan
01-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I guess this explains why T-Mac was so hard to guard in his prime.;)

Agar81
01-27-2011, 10:53 PM
They look fresh lol

Knickrocketsfan
01-27-2011, 10:55 PM
wow

northsider
01-27-2011, 10:58 PM
hahahah that is stupid even if they can see his eyes it isn't like they're going to stop him.

Flash3
01-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Why not? Have you ever had a migraine? I think you are underestimating the severity of it's symptoms. If you are sensitive to light, then you shouldn't be playing. Stay at the hotel in your nice dark room and do what you can to make sure you get back as quick as possible. Just because he's sensitive to light because of migraines shouldn't allow him to have an unfair advantage. You don't see guys coming back in with a hurt foot playing in a walking boot to protect their foot.

he gets paid to play the game, if he thinks he can do it who are you to deny him ? lets face it wade is a superstar no one can guard him regardless what he has on.

Knowledge
01-27-2011, 11:21 PM
So because defenders cant read his eyes its a unfair advantage? It seems like it would balance out since his teammates wouldnt be able to read his eyes either.

And why/how would you defend a guy by looking at his eyes anyway? People give fakes with facial expressions all the time. I can sorta understand the ruling, but I think they are making more out of it than it is.

Ray_R
01-27-2011, 11:29 PM
haha exactly, people cant read

Actually He edited that. When I asked the reason wasnt posted.

koreancabbage
01-27-2011, 11:32 PM
to make the no-look pass even more legit!

Ray_R
01-27-2011, 11:32 PM

I believe thay did him a favor. He looked like a total DOuche!

Raph12
01-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Dictatorship at its finest...

Johann
01-28-2011, 12:44 AM
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cyclocamping.com/MANUF_PICS/bike-peddler/takealook_mirror.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.cyclocamping.com/Bike_Parts__Accessories/article_do_i_need_a_mirror_while_bicycle_touring_f ree/ARTI-why_mirrors-89.aspx&usg=__K3yq80B7SyB-0sGdlHrO7YX4mvM=&h=431&w=457&sz=57&hl=en&start=28&zoom=1&tbnid=2xHqw1PaJSNGKM:&tbnh=170&tbnw=180&ei=n0lCTa-fGMKqlAfCh4gb&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dglasses%2Bwith%2Bmirror%2Bon%2Bsides% 26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D6 85%26tbs%3Disch:10,202&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=707&vpy=377&dur=4563&hovh=218&hovw=231&tx=132&ty=91&oei=kElCTY-sHcT7lwe-mcj9Dw&esq=6&page=2&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:28&biw=1280&bih=685

those were the banned goggles :cool:

topdog
01-28-2011, 12:48 AM

Defenders can't watch his eyes to anticipate where he is going/passing. Believe me, it's an advantage.

topdog
01-28-2011, 12:51 AM
So because defenders cant read his eyes its a unfair advantage? It seems like it would balance out since his teammates wouldnt be able to read his eyes either.

And why/how would you defend a guy by looking at his eyes anyway? People give fakes with facial expressions all the time. I can sorta understand the ruling, but I think they are making more out of it than it is.

When are you looking at your teammates eyes? For lobs and all that it is a total head movement or a gesture, ect.

And why do they do fakes? Because guys are watching their eyes.

mttwlsn16
01-28-2011, 12:53 AM
i haaaaate the heat, but he looked cool as hell out there in sunglasses lmao and had one hell of a game even tho they lost. shame on the nba if they really ban these

THE MTL
01-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Lol Wade tries to be too cool on the court. I remember his band-wades (bandaids) that got banned.

SteveNash
01-28-2011, 02:29 AM

What :rolleyes:

Some of these responses are ridiculous.

Atticus Finch
01-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Very true, but there are ways around it like the goggles and certain medications. Just ask Percy Migraine Harvin who can't practice all week but when Sunday rolls around he's all good to play. I understand why the NBA thinks that Wade's goggles could give him an unfair disadvantage, but on the other hand, there NFL doesn't ban them dark faceshields. I know it's probably less of a distraction in the NFL, but LBs and DBs like to read QBs eyes.

The only difference is that football games are usually played outdoors where they have to deal with sunlight being a major distraction (same for MLB obviously). There really isn't a need for tinted goggles indoors

daleja424
01-28-2011, 12:31 PM

hah WRONG... you guard a guys hips...

if you guard his eyes you would be SCREWED... especially at the NBA level where practically every single drive and pass is a look off pass...

daleja424
01-28-2011, 12:33 PM
The glasses gave no unfair advantage to wade, instead the nba gave the advantage to other teams by making Wade be exposed to more light while suffering migraine symtoms...

daleja424
01-28-2011, 12:37 PM
This logic doesn't work. You can't prove those things are equal...and even if you could (you can't), it still gives him an advantage over the other team on the offensive end...and any advantage from something like glasses should never be allowed.

Defense looking into the offensive player's eyes is far more important than hsi teammates seeing his eyes. Have you played basketball?

BUT, it has already been determined that you could clearly see his eyes through the glasses!

The disadvantage was to Wade, who lost peripheral vision and had to try to play basketball with friggin sunglasses on.

And if you, as a defender, were to guard any of the good NBA players by looking at their eyes you would NEVER stop them. Rarely in the NBA do the great players actually look where they are passing or driving...

Corey
01-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Ha.

Rondo's upside down headband got banned, so I'm not surprised.

Cool007
01-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Why are people arguing.

NBA wants to see D-Wade's eyes to make sure he is not sleeping during games.

How hard is it to understand?