PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo: Triple OT game in Texas final score was, 38-31??

LTBaByyy
01-27-2011, 04:15 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Triple-overtime-game-finishes-with-bizarre-38-31?urn=highschool-312968

Nationally ranked team (Top 15) go into triple OT

and the final score was 38-31?? That's like 5 points a quarter!!! :speechless:

Baller1
01-27-2011, 04:16 PM
:laugh2:

LTBaByyy
01-27-2011, 04:21 PM
:laugh2:

And they are Nationally ranked teams!!

Thats whats mind captivating

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Look at the picture, there are gingers playing, not a surprise that they scored so few points

LTBaByyy
01-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Look at the picture, there are gingers playing, not a surprise that they scored so few points

Haha They were 2 of the top 100 teams in the nation

One of them are at #12, you have to put up more than 5 points a quarter!!

What if an NBA game was like that?

Baller1
01-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Haha They were 2 of the top 100 teams in the nation

One of them are at #12, you have to put up more than 5 points a quarter!!

What if an NBA game was like that?

The closest thing to this that I've ever witnessed in regards to the NBA was when the Sonics and Bucks made the Payton/Allen trade. They happened to play each that night (weird coincidence) and none of the player who were a part of the trade played, and the Sonics won 59-58.

Crazy.

LTBaByyy
01-27-2011, 04:38 PM
The closest thing to this that I've ever witnessed in regards to the NBA was when the Sonics and Bucks made the Payton/Allen trade. They happened to play each that night (weird coincidence) and none of the player who were a part of the trade played, and the Sonics won 59-58.

Crazy.

WOW!!!! lol Good insight man, thats crazy

I'm more interested in the fact that they played eachother that night lol

Baller1
01-27-2011, 04:40 PM
WOW!!!! lol Good insight man, thats crazy

I'm more interested in the fact that they played eachother that night lol

Yeah I remember it so vividly for whatever reason.

Brent Barry was out starting PG for the night... :laugh2:

pistonsfanomg
01-27-2011, 08:14 PM
My former High school had a game like 2 weeks ago

and the score was 19-22 final lol

In addition they are very good this year

Ranked #24 in the State I am very impressed

Wrigheyes4MVP
01-27-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't expect anyone to agree with me here, but I think it would be fun as hell to watch a game line that.

Every basket scored would be huge. It would be like scoring a touchdown sorta.

Each possession lasting 2 mins would be crazy. Think about how much strategy is involved to finally score a basket haha.

It would just be crazy to watch a game where literally every possession mattered.

blastmasta26
01-27-2011, 09:15 PM
I don't expect anyone to agree with me here, but I think it would be fun as hell to watch a game line that.

Every basket scored would be huge. It would be like scoring a touchdown sorta.

Each possession lasting 2 mins would be crazy. Think about how much strategy is involved to finally score a basket haha.

It would just be crazy to watch a game where literally every possession mattered.
Works the same way for higher scoring playoff games that go down to the wire too. Unless the defense was absolutely incredible, I don't think I would enjoy such a low scoring basketball game.

dhopisthename
01-27-2011, 09:20 PM
if you read the article you see that the team that isn't ranked just held onto the ball to keep it close and it looks like it almost worked

smith&wesson
01-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Defence wins championships :)

cardinals1226
01-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Did anyone even read the article? The reason the score was so low was because Plano West HS held the ball for several minutes at a time.

godolphins
01-27-2011, 09:34 PM
What a shame :laugh2:

sargon21
01-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Did anyone even read the article? The reason the score was so low was because Plano West HS held the ball for several minutes at a time.

Happens all the time in high school, gay.

Hellcrooner
01-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Not surprising.

HS level is pathetic i mean.

for every player that gets to Nba there are 200000 that dont and only 10 or so out of them will make it to Ncaa level or foreign league level.

cardinals1226
01-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Happens all the time in high school, gay.

Your point? Apparently no one else realizes this or Yahoo wouldn't have written a ridiculous article and someone wouldn't have made this thread. I don't see what the big deal is.

Not surprising.

for every player that gets to Nba there are 200000 that dont and only 10 or so out of them will make it to Ncaa level or foreign league level.

So only 10 players out of 200,000 make it to the D-1 college basketball? And only one of those 10 make the NBA? Where did you find these amazing statistics? I'm amazed the NBA has 30 teams with 15 players apiece.

Hellcrooner
01-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Your point? Apparently no one else realizes this or Yahoo wouldn't have written a ridiculous article and someone wouldn't have made this thread. I don't see what the big deal is.

So only 10 players out of 200,000 make it to the D-1 college basketball? And only one of those 10 make the NBA? Where did you find these amazing statistics? I'm amazed the NBA has 30 teams with 15 players apiece.

lol, you dont take the stats literally.

cardinals1226
01-27-2011, 10:40 PM
lol, you dont take the stats literally.

And you throw crap at the walls hoping it sticks.

steveshane67
01-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Not surprising.

and exactly what is the point of this post?

regardless, it was a great strategy by the bad team. having already been blown out by the good team, they had 2 chances to win the game but couldnt.

in ny, at least when i was in hs, theres no shot clock for boys games, but there is for womens bc if not, the game would be boring as hell.

cardinals1226
01-27-2011, 10:56 PM
and exactly what is the point of this post?

regardless, it was a great strategy by the bad team. having already been blown out by the good team, they had 2 chances to win the game but couldnt.

in ny, at least when i was in hs, theres no shot clock for boys games, but there is for womens bc if not, the game would be boring as hell.

I think that is true of the majority of the country. I can't think of a single state that has a shot clock for high school.

LA_Raiders
01-27-2011, 10:57 PM
The future of the NBA

Hellcrooner
01-27-2011, 10:58 PM
And you throw crap at the walls hoping it sticks.

there aare around 300 american players in the nba.

there are 300 Million american citizens.

so 1 in a million americans make it to the league.

its fair to asume that almost the WHOLE population goes to HS at some moment.

Fair to assume that 1/5 of those people chose basket.

So, funny but its very probable that the random stat i threw out there may ACTUALLY be close to real.

cardinals1226
01-27-2011, 10:59 PM
The future of the NBA

How? The reason the game was low scoring was because there wasn't a shot clock.

Hellcrooner
01-27-2011, 11:00 PM
I think that is true of the majority of the country. I can't think of a single state that has a shot clock for high school.

I think nowhere in teh universe does the shot clock get used in boys games ( except for international competition of under x years players like junior world cup and etc)-

BUUUUT still a very low score in that game.

Mauersota
01-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Minnesota has been experimenting with the use of a shot clock actually for high school games.

cardinals1226
01-27-2011, 11:10 PM
there aare around 300 american players in the nba.

there are 300 Million american citizens.

so 1 in a million americans make it to the league.

its fair to asume that almost the WHOLE population goes to HS at some moment.

Fair to assume that 1/5 of those people chose basket.

So, funny but its very probable that the random stat i threw out there may ACTUALLY be close to real.

No it's not. You're numbers aren't even close and you're rambling again. Here are some real numbers.

There are roughly 7400 high schools in the United States, as of 2007. There are usually three high basketball teams; freshman, junior varsity, varsity. 12 players per team. 36 players per high school. 266,400 total high school basketball players.

There are 347 D-1 basketball teams. 12 players per team. 4,164 total basketball players. 30 NBA teams. 15 players per team. 450 NBA players.

Based on these numbers, about 262,000 high school basketball players don't play D-1 basketball. About 261,500 D-1 basketball players don't play in the NBA.

Hellcrooner
01-27-2011, 11:14 PM
No it's not. You're numbers aren't even close and you're rambling again. Here are some real numbers.

There are roughly 7400 high schools in the United States, as of 2007. There are usually three high basketball teams; freshman, junior varsity, varsity. 12 players per team. 36 players per high school. 266,400 total high school basketball players.

There are 347 D-1 basketball teams. 12 players per team. 4,164 total basketball players. 30 NBA teams. 15 players per team. 450 NBA players.

Based on these numbers, about 262,000 high school basketball players don't play D-1 basketball. About 261,500 D-1 basketball players don't play in the NBA.

you are forgetting that not all nba playerfs are american and come from h.s-

cardinals1226
01-27-2011, 11:17 PM
you are forgetting that not all nba playerfs are american and come from h.s-

Everyone in the NBA has a high school education so I don't see what that matters. But you're right, not everyone in the NBA is American, but 65 percent of the league is and it's impossible to make a solid and accurate measurement of the league without wasting hours of my life. The point is, your numbers where the crap thrown at the wall hoping to stick and I did some basic research to find your numbers to be way off.

Hellcrooner
01-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Everyone in the NBA has a high school education so I don't see what that matters. But you're right, not everyone in the NBA is American, but 65 percent of the league is and it's impossible to make a solid and accurate measurement of the league without wasting hours of my life. The point is, your numbers where the crap thrown at the wall hoping to stick and I did some basic research to find your numbers to be way off.

as i said teh exact numbers is nto what matters whatg matters is that most of h.s players wont get far because the wide majority of them are simply crap, so low scores are to be expected specially with no shot clock, but in this cas eits particualry a low score.

Geargo Wallace
01-27-2011, 11:36 PM
shouldn't this be in the WNBA forum?

cardinals1226
01-27-2011, 11:38 PM
as i said teh exact numbers is nto what matters whatg matters is that most of h.s players wont get far because the wide majority of them are simply crap, so low scores are to be expected specially with no shot clock, but in this cas eits particualry a low score.

The maturity of high school players has far less baring on this game than the lack of a shot clock. Both schools that were involved are nationally recognized with top 100 prospects. The lack of a shot clock is what determined the outcome.

shouldn't this be in the WNBA forum?

You attempt at humor sucks.

Afridi786
01-28-2011, 12:12 AM
wow...way to take something so little so seriously.

njnets
01-28-2011, 12:51 PM
is this a joke? in NY we have the college shot clock of 35 seconds. a little long in my book but it keeps the game moving. i didnt know basketball still existed in places without a shot clock smh...

thekmp211
01-28-2011, 02:49 PM

Crazy.

for some reason i remember this. terrible.

KingsAndNiners
01-28-2011, 03:57 PM
is this a joke? in NY we have the college shot clock of 35 seconds. a little long in my book but it keeps the game moving. i didnt know basketball still existed in places without a shot clock smh...

We had a shot clock at my high school too..