PDA

View Full Version : Could Gilbert Arenas become the biggest rip-off in NBA history?

NYSpirit1
01-27-2011, 04:09 PM
He's averaging 8.4 points per game in 21 minutes a game since being traded to the Magic in December.

He has four years left on his contract with 80 plus million.

The Magic aren't playing him much for some reason, but this Magic team is starting to look exactly like the Cavs last year. A big time player (Howard) and a bunch of role players that would win a total of 30-35 games without him.

I honestly think Howard will leave in 2012, the Magic have such a high payroll for the next three years, past Howard's impending free agency.

They don't have any possible trades to make now, after that major overhaul, and are going to find themselves in the same position as the Cavs/Nuggets. A great team, but not a championship team.

And Gilbert Arenas is looking like a $20 million dollar a year role player.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Dwight would look good in Lakers jersey:hide:

LTBaByyy
01-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Don't hate the Player, Hate the game

mikantsass
01-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Possibly, but that is the nature of the NBA. Look at recent history.... TMac (Magic alum), Jermaine ONeal, Rashard Lewis (ironically also a Magic alum) all got enormous contracts and failed to live up to them

xbrackattackx
01-27-2011, 04:32 PM
He is doing what they ask of him. The way J Rich has been playing it has kinda cut Arenas PT down, Next season I don't think J Rich will sign back with Orlando and it will be Arenas's time to shine.

jimbobjarree
01-27-2011, 04:34 PM
I wish the wizards mangement could manage my finances too, they make such wise decisions with their money

DerekRE_3
01-27-2011, 04:39 PM
I wish the wizards mangement could manage my finances too, they make such wise decisions with their money

They have managed to pass the bill to other teams though. Sent Jamison to purgatory and Gilbert to Disneyworld.

MagicBucsSox
01-27-2011, 04:43 PM
He's averaging 8.4 points per game in 21 minutes a game since being traded to the Magic in December.

He has four years left on his contract with 80 plus million.

The Magic aren't playing him much for some reason, but this Magic team is starting to look exactly like the Cavs last year. A big time player (Howard) and a bunch of role players that would win a total of 30-35 games without him.

I honestly think Howard will leave in 2012, the Magic have such a high payroll for the next three years, past Howard's impending free agency.

They don't have any possible trades to make now, after that major overhaul, and are going to find themselves in the same position as the Cavs/Nuggets. A great team, but not a championship team.

And Gilbert Arenas is looking like a $20 million dollar a year role player.

Actually, this is why i hate when ppl post about other teams & have no clue of what they're talking. The magic still have penty cheap movable pieces if they choose to make a deal. JJ,Duhon, Ryan,Bass,Nelson, hell even j-rich's exp contract is movable.

Only thing not getting traded is Arenas, Turk n the big guy

Nighthawk
01-27-2011, 04:53 PM
C's lose Ray Ray, KG and others that summer. Howard would look GREAT in Green

Rondo/Howard would be a nice tandem

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2011, 04:56 PM
They have managed to pass the bill to other teams though. Sent Jamison to purgatory and Gilbert to Disneyworld.

lmfao thats good:laugh:

Klivlend
01-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Dwight would look good in Lakers jersey:hide:

Please no. I don't want the Lakers to ruin another player for me.

But I guess he's already tried to steal Shaq's Superman name. He could continue to follow his lead. But I really hope not. I'd much rather see him in OKC. Maybe Poppavich in SA could turn him into a more athletic Duncan? I'd say Portland, but I want him to have a healthy career.

Klivlend
01-27-2011, 05:12 PM
I guess it depends how Joe Johnson finishes out his contract?

Mary*420*Jane
01-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Please no. I don't want the Lakers to ruin another player for me.

But I guess he's already tried to steal Shaq's Superman name. He could continue to follow his lead. But I really hope not. I'd much rather see him in OKC. Maybe Poppavich in SA could turn him into a more athletic Duncan? I'd say Portland, but I want him to have a healthy career.

I actually think he would be pretty beast in Okc

LeonFSU
01-27-2011, 05:18 PM
The VC/Gortat trade for Richardson/Turk/Clark was a pretty decent trade for the Magic even though Turk's contract was horrible.

The Lewis for Arenas trade really didn't make any sense, especially with Richardson and Turkoglu added. Even without Richardson, a Nelson, Arenas backcourt won't work unless they want opposing backcourts to look like all-stars every game.

The Magic really have no choice now if they want to make a move but to trade Nelson and start Arenas. I don't really think this would make them a better team. Arenas and Nelson on the same team doesn't make much sense, just like Arenas and Wall didn't make sense.

The Magic do have other assets to trade, but I can't see what they could net in return for Redick, Anderson, or Bass that would actually improve the team. And trading Duhon? Who would want him? He was given a stupid contract, and he is playing terribly. Same goes for QRich. They could try and trade Richardson, but he is playing well and I don't think they could get anyone else who would improve the team. As awful as the Rashard Lewis contract was, at least the Magic could have looked forward to trying to trade Lewis's expiring contract in the summer of 2012 to improve and hope Howard resigns. Now they are stuck with Arenas who is playing like a backup PG and not even a 6th man.

smith&wesson
01-27-2011, 05:19 PM
they really didnt need arenas, they could have just got hedo back and qrich.

thenyknicks
01-27-2011, 05:24 PM
not by a long shot, plenty of sad stories to go around.