PDA

View Full Version : Antawn Jamison Trade Value

champ101695
01-27-2011, 03:01 PM
What do you think the Cavs could get for Antawn Jamison?

He has been playing good and putting up the points to prove it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2011, 03:08 PM

I find it laughable:laugh2:

Player with such a high caliber like jamison should help his team win some games, but he ain't doing ****.

It's easy to rack up points in such a bad team, but imo he still has some value, could be a great sixth man in a contender.

knicksfan42
01-27-2011, 03:08 PM

Close to nothing. His numbers are ok, he's on the worst team in the NBA so I expected them to be better at least 20 PPG. He's what 34. And he still has 15 million on the books for next season.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Close to nothing. His numbers are ok, he's on the worst team in the NBA so I expected them to be better at least 20 PPG. He's what 34. And he still has 15 million on the books for next season.

That right there shows that he will have no value until this time next year

champ101695
01-27-2011, 03:28 PM
i never said he was the best or anything. Obviously he isnt or cavs would be better. But he is proving he still has something left. So i was wondering what people think the cavs could get for him. Yes contract is way too much $$$$

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2011, 03:31 PM
i never said he was the best or anything. Obviously he isnt or cavs would be better. But he is proving he still has something left. So i was wondering what people think the cavs could get for him. Yes contract is way too much $$$$

umm....maybe If Cuban loses his mind, he could ship Butler for Jamison:shrug:

champ101695
01-27-2011, 03:40 PM
isnt he hurt??

Arch Stanton
01-27-2011, 03:44 PM
The Cavs will probably take 1st round draft picks and expiring contracts for Jamison. I think he would be a solid contributor to a top team in the league just like Mo Williams would. Dallas could definitely use him since Butler is out.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2011, 03:46 PM
isnt he hurt??

yeah, but he's tradeable according to mavs fans:shrug:

champ101695
01-27-2011, 03:47 PM
the cavs wont go crazy and trade a bunch of their people till end of season. right now they are pretty much going for draft pick and go from there. But still couldnt they get ready? trade jamison and get someone that will fit for years to come?

Arch Stanton
01-27-2011, 03:54 PM
the cavs wont go crazy and trade a bunch of their people till end of season. right now they are pretty much going for draft pick and go from there. But still couldnt they get ready? trade jamison and get someone that will fit for years to come?

The Cavs don't need to trade anyone. There season is ruined. So I could see them not doing anything. But if they are presented with the right opportunity then I could see them pulling the trigger. I wouldn't be surprised either way. I think everyone is available to go on that team. But they're not gonna give them away. They'll definitely want something of value in return.

sep11ie
01-27-2011, 04:01 PM
yeah, but he's tradeable according to mavs fans:shrug:

They also believe in unicorns.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2011, 04:05 PM

:laugh:

LTBaByyy
01-27-2011, 05:08 PM

And the Rockets believe in moral victories, not real ones :)

See yall tonight, and you can still trade Caron Butler!! Thats what ESPN, NBA.com, and all the reporters have said

We were thinking about trading him for S Jax but MJ wanted to see if the Bobcats have a chance for that 7th and 8th spot first

thenyknicks
01-27-2011, 05:13 PM
a 1st rd pic maybe? the cavs gotta move him cause hes not going to do anything for them.

Baller1
01-27-2011, 05:15 PM
a 1st rd pic maybe? the cavs gotta move him cause hes not going to do anything for them.

No way.

LTBaByyy
01-27-2011, 05:20 PM
No way.

You cant get mad at him lol

If Anthony Randolph deserves a 1st round pick, then Jamison deserves a late 1st round and one of the last players on the bench from a contending team

A late first rounder would harldy get any minutes on a contender, So might as well since Jamison could be your 6th man

But if we are talking 1st rounder from a bad team then that would be a face palm

The problem is he makes so much money and next year he is an expiring not this year

it would be a miracle to get a trade him but next year it will be easy

thenyknicks
01-27-2011, 05:28 PM
You cant get mad at him lol

If Anthony Randolph deserves a 1st round pick, then Jamison deserves a late 1st round and one of the last players on the bench from a contending team

A late first rounder would harldy get any minutes on a contender, So might as well since Jamison could be your 6th man

But if we are talking 1st rounder from a bad team then that would be a face palm

The problem is he makes so much money and next year he is an expiring not this year

it would be a miracle to get a trade him but next year it will be easy

no, this is a :facepalm: :D

Hugbees
01-27-2011, 05:44 PM
umm....maybe If Cuban loses his mind, he could ship Butler for Jamison:shrug:

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Anyways he'd be more of a salary dump type of player, getting little to nothing imo. However when he becomes an expiring things would definitely change.

thunderforce
01-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Maybe not I don't think expirings are worth too much anymore if BC couldn't trade peja 16 million expiring and had to buy him out what does that tell you .

hgtiger32
01-27-2011, 06:08 PM
okay i might get some heat for this but the Cavs aren't that far out of being a playoff team. They just need a dominant scorer/facilitater. HOWEVER, I don't know of many guys in the draft that could do that.

Maybe Terrence Jones from Kentucky? Maybe they could draft Irving and plug players around him, similar to what the Bulls have done with Rose. Maybe Harrison Barnes?

kgjfan243
01-27-2011, 06:17 PM
I don't think they can get much for him, maybe a pair of second round picks?

xbrackattackx
01-27-2011, 06:19 PM
okay i might get some heat for this but the Cavs aren't that far out of being a playoff team. They just need a dominant scorer/facilitater. HOWEVER, I don't know of many guys in the draft that could do that.

Maybe Terrence Jones from Kentucky? Maybe they could draft Irving and plug players around him, similar to what the Bulls have done with Rose. Maybe Harrison Barnes?

I agree with you, They need some more young talent. But they already have the Veteran leadership and they have a good not great point guard in Mo. That team is full of role players just waiting for a leader. Jamison is a good player but not a leader he never was even in Prime. I could see a team like the bottom feeders playoff contenders needing him as a 6-7th man. Maybe they could get a expiring and a second rounder for him. Hopefully in next years draft cause it appears to be deeper then this one which is top heavy. After the lottery the talent has a descent drop off IMO.

JordansBulls
01-27-2011, 06:22 PM
A team that needs a PF would take him, but what Playoff team needs a PF? Maybe the Knicks but I couldn't imagine a frontcourt of Amare and Jamison as your C/PF combo.

Dallas could use him at SF.

champ101695
01-27-2011, 06:24 PM
they could at least get a young prospect and work with him. JJ has improved but not consistent he is always up and down

lkingratedr
01-27-2011, 08:39 PM
the perfect scenario for him would be to go to the milwaukee bucks for michael redd... obviously the season is over for the cavs so send him and maybe ryan hollins to the bucks for michael redds expiring contract and a draft pick

brandon jennings
john salmons
corey maggette
antwan jamison
andrew bogut

nice starting 5 ... not a contender but a good team might do a lil damage

John Walls Era
01-27-2011, 08:45 PM
The only player that playoff teams want from the Cavs: Anthony Parker. A good solid bench player who has the intangibles and the tangibles.

blastmasta26
01-27-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't see any value for Jamison, honestly. He's old, overpaid, and doesn't even put up impressive stats for arguably the worst team in the league.

Fresno
01-27-2011, 09:46 PM
He wont get traded because the Cavs aren't looking for bloated expensive contracts longterm. His $13 Million dollar salary is going to be tough to find a team who can match it.

The best solution for both sides is to reach a buyout, allowing the Cavs to walk away from paying his huge salary, and Jamison able to find a team for the MLE.

prodigy
01-27-2011, 09:49 PM
It would be dumb for the Cavs to trade him this year. Next year he will be in the final year of his huge contract. Which means teams would bend over back wards for that. Cavs could land some good talent for him next season.

Corey
01-27-2011, 09:49 PM
A team that needs a PF would take him, but what Playoff team needs a PF? Maybe the Knicks but I couldn't imagine a frontcourt of Amare and Jamison as your C/PF combo.

Dallas could use him at SF.

The same Dallas that just signed Peja?

That seems repetitive.

Fresno
01-27-2011, 09:57 PM
It would be dumb for the Cavs to trade him this year. Next year he will be in the final year of his huge contract. Which means teams would bend over back wards for that. Cavs could land some good talent for him next season.

Like who?

The age of the massive salary dump is done now that the 2010 Free Agency period has come and gone.

GeekInThePink
01-27-2011, 10:01 PM

Wait. Unicorns aren't real?....:(

Il Mago 7
01-27-2011, 10:19 PM
to the raptors for sonny wems and a pick

zambo4president
01-27-2011, 10:32 PM
He can definitely help a contender. I don't know what people would give up for him, I doubt they'd get a 1st. I'd give up Taj Gibson but that's about as high as I'd go for him. Jamison played well against the Bulls in the most recent meeting with the Cavs.

ChiSox219
01-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Jamison has almost no value. He cannot guard any of the five positions. His offense is okay but not particularly efficient. He's 34 making about 10x what's he worth and he'll be 35 doing the same next year.

Cleveland gave up a late 1st rounder last year for him and that was a desperate move. I don't see any team making that mistake this season. Maybe he has value as an expiring if there's basketball next year.

NBA-GMaster
01-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Hamilton-Jamison swap..

WizFan3
01-28-2011, 12:01 AM
dont be surprised if a team like the lakers or the celts show interest hes not gonna get any love from the young rebuilding teams hell he might not even find a new home period i think he should consider retiring

WizFan3
01-28-2011, 12:02 AM
Hamilton-Jamison swap..

thats not a bad idea i like a hamilton williams back court and then detroit ghets the big theyve been looking for

Mary*420*Jane
01-28-2011, 12:24 AM
He's could be a decent 6 man off the bench