PDA

View Full Version : CBSSports: Nuggets warming to the idea of trading Melo to the Knicks.

JordansBulls
01-27-2011, 01:16 PM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/27258216

The Carmelo Anthony trade talks have gone underground since Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov pulled the plug on his team's pursuit of the three-time All-Star last week. But that doesn't mean they've stopped completely.

While Nuggets officials continue to weigh their options, a person familiar with the team's strategy told CBSSports.com Wednesday that there are indications Denver could be warming to the idea of trading Melo to the Knicks. One component of such a trade, the source said, would be Anthony Randolph, with Denver officials apparently coming around in their opinion about the 21-year-old big man.

Earlier in the process, Nuggets executives were not high on Randolph, viewing him as mistake-prone and too much of a project. But that was when the Nets had 2010 No. 3 pick Derrick Favors on the table as the centerpiece of a package that far exceeded what the Knicks could offer. With New Jersey out of the mix, at least for now, the Nuggets have begun to internally re-examine the Knicks' young players.

Randolph was thought to be heading to Minnesota in exchange for a first-round pick the Knicks would then be able to use to sweeten their bid for Anthony. However, those talks have stalled -- and among the reasons is the Nuggets' renewed interest in considering Randolph as at least a peripheral piece of a trade with New York. No final decisions have been made, and it appears more likely than ever that the Anthony talks will continue to evolve all the way to the Feb. 24 deadline.

Baller1
01-27-2011, 01:17 PM
They need to get this **** done already, I'm so tired of the Melo talks.

210Don
01-27-2011, 01:17 PM
smh i want this to just finish already.

Draco
01-27-2011, 01:20 PM
No final decisions have been made, and it appears more likely than ever that the Anthony talks will continue to evolve all the way to the Feb. 24 deadline.

Is that possible? I thought it was a certainty.

Kashmir13579
randolph, chandler, douglas, walker, pick. take it or leave it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
Wow I was kinda surprised we had couple off days with no Melo news

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2011, 01:21 PM

lol

godolphins
01-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Right now I just want something to happen already

Avenged
01-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Do it already! all this soap opera drama.. They should have had him by now so the Heat Vs. Knicks came could have been much better.

hgtiger32
01-27-2011, 01:45 PM

Knicks better make pick plural if thats the package. Multiple 1st round picks I'd say

colinskik
01-27-2011, 01:45 PM
lol
lol yourself

Nugs have said they have no interest in Gallo or Fields, plus they like Walker. Either they can take that or take nothing.

go lol that

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2011, 02:44 PM
lol yourself

Nugs have said they have no interest in Gallo or Fields, plus they like Walker. Either they can take that or take nothing.

go lol that

I lol'd cause of Chandler, cause he would be the centerpiece of the deal.

Why they want Wilson??

I heard he wanted a new FAT contract, but Nuggets want cap space and cheap players.

Weezy
01-27-2011, 02:58 PM
I lol'd cause of Chandler, cause he would be the centerpiece of the deal.

Why they want Wilson??

I heard he wanted a new FAT contract, but Nuggets want cap space and cheap players.

Yea it seems like they don't want Chandler at all and Gallo neither.

BigBlueCrew
01-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Oh the nuggets are "warming" to the idea? How nice for these idiots.

Antipod
01-27-2011, 03:18 PM
:yawn:
Everyone knows he`ll be a Knick...not if, but when ... we should rly stop these Melo threads...

29$JerZ
01-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Whatever, this has been done to death.

Donnie will not trade a lot unless Melo or his agent say they are likely to resign with Denver.
Too late to be picky on what you can get.

Klivlend
01-27-2011, 03:27 PM
I still don't see how the Nuggets have much leverage in these negotiations. If the NYK are kind enough to offer a first round pick(s) plus a couple of players, the Nuggets should take it. I can't believe the NYK are possibly offering Wilson Chandler in this deal. I really believe Melo will not resign in Denver this offseason. The NYK should just wait till next year if the Nuggets want to be stubborn. Don't trade away any real contributing pieces. Chandler coming off the bench would be great next year.

I know there is talk about the new CBA and how Melo wont get as much money if he waits to sign a contract till next year. But, if he's in New York, he can make so much money off endorsements and such. When you already have $25+ mil in the back, whats an extra $15 mil to you anyway?

Bottom line, Nuggets are being F'ing stupid. And, if they keep it up, they will have nothing to show for it and they will suck terribly for years to come. But hey, if that's the bed they choose to make, they have to lay in it. The NYK should do what the Nets did, just stop negotiating and let the Nuggets come to them around the deadline. Pull a power move NYK! The Nuggets will eventually have to accept Melo is leaving and realize they would rather take whatever they can get rather than watching him walk away for free.

thekmp211
01-27-2011, 03:40 PM
^^ nuggets have kinda cornered themselves. the one team really pining for melo is willing to wait, and no one is going to give them the kind of assets they want for a likely rental. its time to face reality and do this already.

tbone2171
01-27-2011, 03:43 PM
I don't get it... If he wants to be a Knick so bad, just wait until this offseason and sign him as a free agent. No sense in losing draft picks/players at this point. Besides its not like NYK will be competing for a championship this year.

NYY09
01-27-2011, 03:49 PM
How bout the Knicks trade for Marc Gasol and sign Melo as a FA... :shrug:

Klivlend
01-27-2011, 04:00 PM

That is a better idea than trading 2 first round picks, Wilson Chandler and more for Melo. Hell, go for it. That'd be pretty crazy.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2011, 04:01 PM

2 words: pipe dream

HornetsSolution
01-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Trade him already....

fadedmario
01-27-2011, 04:11 PM
From the reports I've read lately - Melo says he'll sign an extension with Denver, New York, Chicago, and New Jersey. Sounds like he's getting desperate and doesn't want to leave that much money on the table. I wouldn't be surprised if NJ still makes a strong push for him. I can send you a pm with the website that I found this info from if any of you want.

oak2455
01-27-2011, 04:11 PM

really think as it this way did you ever think Melo would come to the Knicks via trade:eyebrow:

Knickrocketsfan
01-27-2011, 04:14 PM

eddy curry has to be involved, but im guessing u know that and it obvious. But I dnt like that package and douglas doesn't make sense.

Young and Stupid
01-27-2011, 04:14 PM
I posted this in the Nets forum earlier, but I was curious to hear the reception from NBA fans. Knicks fans are welcome to come in here and berate me, I look forward to that if you're willing to have a logical discussion. I'd appreciate it if you keep it in the NBA forum (it's already posted in the Nets forum), but if you feel it needs to be deleted then I understand.

As I sit here in class I can't help but think about Carmelo Anthony. Over the past three weeks I had become so accustomed to Melo news that the recent "NoMelo-era" has me searching for a fix. The Nets community had become so overrun with Melo rumors that some people asked for a break. Nets fans weren't the only causality of the Melo-rumors though, many of the Nets players (most noticeably Devin Harris) seemed to be distracted and their play suffered as a result. Since Prokhorov's press-conference the mood and play of the team has been significantly better, the team seems to have more chemistry out on the floor (the return of Morrow shouldn't be overlooked) and better comradery on the bench. The Nets have shown the fans and maybe even themselves that there is life without Melo.

So you might ask: why are you bringing Melo up if there haven't been any new rumors and the team is playing well? Good question. I'm bringing up Melo because I've had a change of heart. Since August I had been preaching that Melo would never play a game in a Nets jersey because he was set on playing alongside his good friend Amare Stoudemire in the comfy confines of MSG. I argued that the Nets should turn their focus elsewhere because it was a pipe-dream which would never take form. I felt that way up until two days ago when Melo proclaimed that the only places he would be willing to sign an extension were New York, Chicago, Denver and NEW JERSEY. Anthony brought up the Nets unprompted and he even got into specifics, claiming that the Nets "cancelled the meeting." He then went on to talk about how the whole thing is weighing on him and how he's really unsure of what he's going to do. Then he dropped a bomb, when asked about ending up on a team where he wouldn't want to sign an extension he said that he would be "screwed." To me, this was the first time that Anthony acknowledged that there was a substantial priority placed on signing an extension prior to the new CBA. It had been reportedly tirelessly, but I had never heard it from Melo's mouth. For the first time that I can remember, I feel like Melo would sign an extension with the Nets.

With the "Melo signing an extension with the Nets" variable taken care of the other part of the equation still remains unsolved. The Nuggets seem hesitant to trade their superstar -- which is understandable because he's a cash-cow for that franchise and they'll have trouble getting back to where he's brought them financially -- and are holding him for a king's ransom. As the trade deadline gets closer, the Nuggets will come to grips with the fact that they're going to have to trade Anthony. They also have to come to grips with the fact that they don't have any where near the amount of leverage that they have been exuding. The majority of the leverage they had was lost when Prokhorov announced that the Nets were ending their pursuit of Melo and as Anthony continues to announce his unwillingness to stay in Denver publicly the Nuggets continue to lose negotiating-power.

Here's where the Nets come in, the recent move by Prokhorov to pull out of trade-talks with the Nuggets was a prudent one which re-establishes the Nets to a position of power. Negotiating power is all about the amount of outside-options an individual side has. The side which can stand to walk away from bargaining more has the upper-hand. In this scenario, the Nets have the upper-hand because they have alternatives, the Nuggets do not. Prior to Prokhorov's press-conference both sides were desperate and it was a game of chicken, now it is clear that the Nuggets are more desperate. Some may argue that this is an unfair claim because nothing has changed -- yeah Prokhorov announced that the Nets were walking away, but do you really believe that? The Nets need Melo now as much as they did two weeks ago, Prokhorov needs a face for his global-brand and Melo fits perfectly. Fair point, but it's all about what the other side believes. If the Nuggets believe that the Nets are willing to move on without Melo then they still hold power in negotiations. It depends on how smart Ujiri and Kroenke are, if they can see through the smoke-screen that the Nets have just thrown and are willing to play hardball then it changes the scope of negotiations, but they haven't shown themselves to shrewd operators. As stated earlier, the Nets have outside-options, the Nuggets don't.

Recently, a report surfaced which indicated that the Nuggets are certain the Nets will come calling when the deadline gets closer. That's great news for the Nets. It means that the Nuggets are reliant on the Nets and that they don't really have a viable alternative at hand. When you analyze the situation it's easy to see that the Nuggets don't really have any feasible alternatives, the Knicks don't have the pieces they want, the Rockets aren't going to give up too much if Melo won't sign there, the Bulls can't trade Noah's contract and Caron Butler's recent season-ending injury has taken them out of the running. The Nets are the only good option for the Nuggets and they've admitted it through their actions.

So, I propose a new trade for the Nets and the Nuggets:

Nuggets Receive - Troy Murphy, Damion James, Quinton Ross, 2011 New Jersey First Rounder, 2012 Golden State First Rounder, 2011 Los Angeles First Rounder, 2012 Houston First Rounder, 2011 Miami Heat Second Rounder, $4 Million Trade Exception (Yi) and $3 Million in Cash.

Nets Receive - Carmelo Anthony and Sheldon Williams.

The Nets keep Favors and essentially have the best front-court in the NBA going forward. Now some will argue that the Nuggets aren't going to trade Carmelo without getting Favors back, fine. I'll counter with -- what's the alternative? The had an opportunity to get Favors and they blew it. The proposed deal would give them more than enough and is far more than they're going to get from any other of the prospective teams willing to trade for Melo. The Nuggets will have trouble executing a trade such as this without getting back Favors because the fan-base will be irate, but they really don't have any other choice. Nuggets fans will have a far worse reaction if they let the deadline pass without dealing Melo, Ujiri and Kroenke know that.

I think the Nets need to hold on to Murphy's contract because they're going to need it for a possible Melo deal. For the first time, I believe that there's a realistic chance for Carmelo Anthony to be a New Jersey (soon to be Brooklyn) Net. It just makes too much sense. Thoughts?

Edit: For those who don't want to talk about Melo, I understand. I'm usually the same way with the Melo-stuff, but this is just something that came to me. If you don't want to hear about it, it's fine, just leave the thread.

210Don
01-27-2011, 04:16 PM
smh.

Baller1
01-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Enough already, seriously.

LTBaByyy
01-27-2011, 04:19 PM
All this Carmelo trade talk is taking away how good he really is

IMO his value is going down and down more even though he is a top 10 player

Like I wouldnt even care if he got traded, it wouldnt even be a blockbuster trade to me anymore

Maybe its just me, but I'm tired of it

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2011, 04:23 PM
really think as it this way did you ever think Melo would come to the Knicks via trade:eyebrow:

uh oh....who knows :yawn:

fadedmario
01-27-2011, 04:23 PM
:yawn:
Everyone knows he`ll be a Knick...not if, but when ... we should rly stop these Melo threads...

lol if your wrong... again

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Whatever makes u sleep better at night.. I'm jus glad that MP put a gag order on certain Net fans with his press conference. Let's see where he lands.

Mayweather&NYK
01-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Young N Stupid.....nuff said

cargobox
01-27-2011, 04:43 PM
I don't care

Knickrocketsfan
01-27-2011, 04:44 PM
I posted this in the Nets forum earlier, but I was curious to hear the reception from NBA fans. Knicks fans are welcome to come in here and berate me, I look forward to that if you're willing to have a logical discussion. I'd appreciate it if you keep it in the NBA forum (it's already posted in the Nets forum), but if you feel it needs to be deleted then I understand.

As I sit here in class I can't help but think about Carmelo Anthony. Over the past three weeks I had become so accustomed to Melo news that the recent "NoMelo-era" has me searching for a fix. The Nets community had become so overrun with Melo rumors that some people asked for a break. Nets fans weren't the only causality of the Melo-rumors though, many of the Nets players (most noticeably Devin Harris) seemed to be distracted and their play suffered as a result. Since Prokhorov's press-conference the mood and play of the team has been significantly better, the team seems to have more chemistry out on the floor (the return of Morrow shouldn't be overlooked) and better comradery on the bench. The Nets have shown the fans and maybe even themselves that there is life without Melo.

So you might ask: why are you bringing Melo up if there haven't been any new rumors and the team is playing well? Good question. I'm bringing up Melo because I've had a change of heart. Since August I had been preaching that Melo would never play a game in a Nets jersey because he was set on playing alongside his good friend Amare Stoudemire in the comfy confines of MSG. I argued that the Nets should turn their focus elsewhere because it was a pipe-dream which would never take form. I felt that way up until two days ago when Melo proclaimed that the only places he would be willing to sign an extension were New York, Chicago, Denver and NEW JERSEY. Anthony brought up the Nets unprompted and he even got into specifics, claiming that the Nets "cancelled the meeting." He then went on to talk about how the whole thing is weighing on him and how he's really unsure of what he's going to do. Then he dropped a bomb, when asked about ending up on a team where he wouldn't want to sign an extension he said that he would be "screwed." To me, this was the first time that Anthony acknowledged that there was a substantial priority placed on signing an extension prior to the new CBA. It had been reportedly tirelessly, but I had never heard it from Melo's mouth. For the first time that I can remember, I feel like Melo would sign an extension with the Nets.

With the "Melo signing an extension with the Nets" variable taken care of the other part of the equation still remains unsolved. The Nuggets seem hesitant to trade their superstar -- which is understandable because he's a cash-cow for that franchise and they'll have trouble getting back to where he's brought them financially -- and are holding him for a king's ransom. As the trade deadline gets closer, the Nuggets will come to grips with the fact that they're going to have to trade Anthony. They also have to come to grips with the fact that they don't have any where near the amount of leverage that they have been exuding. The majority of the leverage they had was lost when Prokhorov announced that the Nets were ending their pursuit of Melo and as Anthony continues to announce his unwillingness to stay in Denver publicly the Nuggets continue to lose negotiating-power.

Here's where the Nets come in, the recent move by Prokhorov to pull out of trade-talks with the Nuggets was a prudent one which re-establishes the Nets to a position of power. Negotiating power is all about the amount of outside-options an individual side has. The side which can stand to walk away from bargaining more has the upper-hand. In this scenario, the Nets have the upper-hand because they have alternatives, the Nuggets do not. Prior to Prokhorov's press-conference both sides were desperate and it was a game of chicken, now it is clear that the Nuggets are more desperate. Some may argue that this is an unfair claim because nothing has changed -- yeah Prokhorov announced that the Nets were walking away, but do you really believe that? The Nets need Melo now as much as they did two weeks ago, Prokhorov needs a face for his global-brand and Melo fits perfectly. Fair point, but it's all about what the other side believes. If the Nuggets believe that the Nets are willing to move on without Melo then they still hold power in negotiations. It depends on how smart Ujiri and Kroenke are, if they can see through the smoke-screen that the Nets have just thrown and are willing to play hardball then it changes the scope of negotiations, but they haven't shown themselves to shrewd operators. As stated earlier, the Nets have outside-options, the Nuggets don't.

Recently, a report surfaced which indicated that the Nuggets are certain the Nets will come calling when the deadline gets closer. That's great news for the Nets. It means that the Nuggets are reliant on the Nets and that they don't really have a viable alternative at hand. When you analyze the situation it's easy to see that the Nuggets don't really have any feasible alternatives, the Knicks don't have the pieces they want, the Rockets aren't going to give up too much if Melo won't sign there, the Bulls can't trade Noah's contract and Caron Butler's recent season-ending injury has taken them out of the running. The Nets are the only good option for the Nuggets and they've admitted it through their actions.

So, I propose a new trade for the Nets and the Nuggets:

Nuggets Receive - Troy Murphy, Damion James, Quinton Ross, 2011 New Jersey First Rounder, 2012 Golden State First Rounder, 2011 Los Angeles First Rounder, 2012 Houston First Rounder, 2011 Miami Heat Second Rounder, $4 Million Trade Exception (Yi) and $3 Million in Cash.

Nets Receive - Carmelo Anthony and Sheldon Williams.

The Nets keep Favors and essentially have the best front-court in the NBA going forward. Now some will argue that the Nuggets aren't going to trade Carmelo without getting Favors back, fine. I'll counter with -- what's the alternative? The had an opportunity to get Favors and they blew it. The proposed deal would give them more than enough and is far more than they're going to get from any other of the prospective teams willing to trade for Melo. The Nuggets will have trouble executing a trade such as this without getting back Favors because the fan-base will be irate, but they really don't have any other choice. Nuggets fans will have a far worse reaction if they let the deadline pass without dealing Melo, Ujiri and Kroenke know that.

I think the Nets need to hold on to Murphy's contract because they're going to need it for a possible Melo deal. For the first time, I believe that there's a realistic chance for Carmelo Anthony to be a New Jersey (soon to be Brooklyn) Net. It just makes too much sense. Thoughts?

Edit: For those who don't want to talk about Melo, I understand. I'm usually the same way with the Melo-stuff, but this is just something that came to me. If you don't want to hear about it, it's fine, just leave the thread.

Even though I do not agree with your statements, I have to say it refreshing to read a well written post.

Kashmir13579
01-27-2011, 04:45 PM
eddy curry has to be involved, but im guessing u know that and it obvious. But I dnt like that package and douglas doesn't make sense.

yeah. i didn't even say his name cause he's only the money part of the deal. i only put douglas in the package cause i hate him and am hoping denver asks for him. its likely they won't. :rolleyes:

WizFan3
01-27-2011, 04:48 PM
hes waiting until the offseason then goin with ny its obvious

Kashmir13579
01-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Knicks better make pick plural if thats the package. Multiple 1st round picks I'd say

well randolph is rumored in the trade, is he not? we were going to trade randolph for a pick and package that with our 2014. so i guess one of the few things that is up to denver is whether or not they want 2 picks or 1 pick and randolph.

DoMeFavors
01-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Not backing you up at all , after all the stuff you have said about me.
Doesnt belong on this forum. And he wont be a Net get over it! :)

Madtown22
01-27-2011, 05:04 PM
That was a lot of writing! class must have been boring today?

smith&wesson
01-27-2011, 05:13 PM
young and stupid... I want the last 120 seconds of my life back.

thenyknicks
01-27-2011, 05:16 PM
the knicks need melo and walsh should deliver him.

JordansBulls
01-27-2011, 05:31 PM
The Knicks getting Melo is similar to them getting Bernard King

SteBO
01-27-2011, 05:45 PM
The Knicks need Melo. They need a second star alongside Amare so they can truly build a team. Once NY gets him, they need to surrond them with guys like Varajeo, defensive centers, tough guys, players like that.

KNICKS718
01-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Why would Melo go to the Nets? He will not have enough talent around him to win a championship. When you look around the league there are alot of young teams that will be legitimate contenders year in and out. If Melo wants to compete for years to come, He goes to the Knicks. If Melo is concerned over the CBA he chooses Nets.

NYY09
01-27-2011, 07:55 PM

1 word: why?

blastmasta26
01-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Why would Melo go to the Nets? He will not have enough talent around him to win a championship. When you look around the league there are alot of young teams that will be legitimate contenders year in and out. If Melo wants to compete for years to come, He goes to the Knicks. If Melo is concerned over the CBA he chooses Nets.
It's obvious Melo is not primarily concerned with winning, it's mostly about the money.

IBleedPurple
01-27-2011, 11:32 PM

Are you saying the Knicks will be legitimate contenders year in and year out?

NBA-GMaster
01-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Yah yah take all the Knicks player except for Amare and Felton, im kinda tired hearing about this Melo-drama..

CostanzaNumba0
01-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Are you saying the Knicks will be legitimate contenders year in and year out?

with melo and 2 of the gallo, fields, chandler group,, absolutely

LA_Raiders
Gallo & Fields must be on the trade to sweeten the deal

masalex1205
The Knicks need Melo. They need a second star alongside Amare so they can truly build a team. Once NY gets him, they need to surrond them with guys like Varajeo, defensive centers, tough guys, players like that.

genius! what a groundbreaking idea

Kashmir13579
01-27-2011, 11:49 PM
with melo and 2 of the gallo, fields, chandler group,, absolutely

no doubt in my mind. i still wish we could get a better defensive coach. i think we'll be contenders the same way the Suns were contenders.

manny620
01-27-2011, 11:51 PM
FML i am a knicks fan and i dont even care anymore about Melo anymore jesus

jimm120
01-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Oh the nuggets are "warming" to the idea? How nice for these idiots.

Lol. Same thing I thought.

They aren't "warming up" to the idea. They are seeing that that is their ONLY option to get anything beyond a Bill Walker type player (eg. a player with potential to be a team member, but not that great).

honestly, I'd low-ball them as much as possible just because they kept ignoring the Knicks for so long. And they ignored them because they wanted to, not because the offers were bad.

If I were the Knicks, the initial offer after the Nets backed down would have been:

Wilson
Curry
Randolph

only. They aren't getting better deals with Melo as a rental.

Oh, and I still LAUGH madly every time I remember the "threat" to the Nets about how they'd go to the Knicks for negotiations if the Nets didn't stop leaking the negotiations.

Evolution23
01-28-2011, 12:04 AM
No thanks. We can sign Melo in the summer and use our ASSETS to get a big man before the deadline.

CostanzaNumba0
01-28-2011, 12:06 AM

nope, they dont want fields and we will not give up chandler & gallo, we have the complete upper hand

jimm120
01-28-2011, 12:08 AM

There is no need to "sweeten" the deal, because there is no competition.

Like I've said, the biggest competition is a team looking for a rental to make the playoffs....such as Dallas, Houston, Hornets, etc..... and at the end of the day, those "rental" offers won't exceed a Billy Walker/Shawne WIlliams type player (somewhat young, but has not exceeded).

Like i said in my previous post, just that group of Chandler, Curry, and Randolph (or Walker) is more than what they'd get.

rsteeley91
01-28-2011, 12:10 AM
i dont hink the nugget would have got a better offer for melo. harris, favors, 2 first rounders and like 6 players. but, i think they didnt do the trade because they didnt want to trade billups

Mary*420*Jane
01-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Enough already, seriously.

LoL, I agree..

But I would also like to see a big trade to go down..
maybe iggy/g.Wallace/ anyone

Nighthawk
01-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Why would they want Randolph?? A skinny twig of a PF. He just keeps racking up DNP's in NY. Barely played in GS and now Denver wants to trade Melo for him? Randolph is all hype and potential. I dont thinks hes gunna be anything special at all

Shawne Williams is playing over Randolph...How is that possible?

JordansBulls
01-28-2011, 12:24 AM
Why would they want Randolph?? A skinny twig of a PF. He just keeps racking up DNP's in NY. Barely played in GS and now Denver wants to trade Melo for him? Randolph is all hype and potential. I dont thinks hes gunna be anything special at all

Just want some potential in return.

Nighthawk
01-28-2011, 12:29 AM

Yeah i guess... Thats all they'd be getting

jimm120
01-28-2011, 12:44 AM

He doesn't play because D'Antoni is a **** coach. Doesn't know how to manage a bench, so he cuts his teams down to 8 players playing 30+ minutes a game (aside for 1 playing 20+ minutes).

oak2455
01-28-2011, 12:51 AM

he does some upside and he is young:)

baghdadbob
01-28-2011, 12:58 AM
Denver does not have a clue.

They were baggin on Fields as a player. Put up 19/13/6 n the Miami Heat tonite.

They love D Favors but so far he sucks on a sucky team.

Also, same Denver team gave Al Harrington a 5 year contract.

Kroenke and Masjri are idiots.

NYK|NYY
01-28-2011, 01:24 AM
He doesn't play because D'Antoni is a **** coach. Doesn't know how to manage a bench, so he cuts his teams down to 8 players playing 30+ minutes a game (aside for 1 playing 20+ minutes).

That's just like your opinion, man

koreancabbage
01-28-2011, 01:35 AM
he does some upside and he is young:)

yea, but right now:
he's pretty much garbage other than the fact he's young and has upside but that doesn't quite cut it for the NBA- potential is what gets GMs fired. they need tangible players

kblo247
01-28-2011, 01:41 AM
yea, but right now:
he's pretty much garbage other than the fact he's young and has upside but that doesn't quite cut it for the NBA- potential is what gets GMs fired. they need tangible players

All players are tangible :p

I think you meant skills

uprightciti
01-28-2011, 02:03 AM
I am bored with this

I think landry chandler randolph would gel very nicely in denver plus the 2 picks and a max contract off the books

Kashmir13579
01-28-2011, 02:08 AM

yea dude. i hate d'antoni with a passion .

JordansBulls
01-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Yeah i guess... Thats all they'd be getting

What more do they expect?

JOSKOMANG4
01-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Trade Proposal!

- Timberwolves acquire C/PF A.Randolph

- Nuggets acquire C E.Curry(expiring), SF W.Chandler, SG's K.Azubuike & Roger Mason JR, and 2011 1st rd pick(V/T'wolves).

C) NENE/ANDERSON/ELY
PF) MARTIN/S.WILLIAMS/FORBES
SF) CHANDLER/BALKMAN
SG) JR SMITH/AFFALO/AZUBUIKE
PG) BILLUPS/LAWSON/CARTER

- Knicks acquire SF Melo & PF/SF A.Harrington. Nuggets agree to take 1 out of the 3(Fields, Chandler,Gallo) as long as the Knicks take one of their big contracts!

Lineup:

C) Amare/Turiaf/MOsgov
PF) Harrington/S.Williams
SF) Melo/Gallo(6th man)
SG) Fields/Walker/Rautins
PG) Felton/Douglass

ElishaJ1030
01-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Trade Proposal!

- Timberwolves acquire C/PF A.Randolph

- Nuggets acquire C E.Curry(expiring), SF W.Chandler, SG's K.Azubuike & Roger Mason JR, and 2011 1st rd pick(V/T'wolves).

C) NENE/ANDERSON/ELY
PF) MARTIN/S.WILLIAMS/FORBES
SF) CHANDLER/BALKMAN
SG) JR SMITH/AFFALO/AZUBUIKE
PG) BILLUPS/LAWSON/CARTER

- Knicks acquire SF Melo & PF/SF A.Harrington. Nuggets agree to take 1 out of the 3(Fields, Chandler,Gallo) as long as the Knicks take one of their big contracts!

Lineup:

C) Amare/Turiaf/MOsgov
PF) Harrington/S.Williams
SF) Melo/Gallo(6th man)
SG) Fields/Walker/Rautins
PG) Felton/Douglass

Not bad...not likely

JordansBulls
01-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Did anyone see the game yesterday with Melo, I missed it, but the word is is that it appeared he didn't seem like he wanted to play. I don't know, because I didn't catch the game, but did anyone else see it and can shed some light?

SteBO
01-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Did anyone see the game yesterday with Melo, I missed it, but the word is is that it appeared he didn't seem like he wanted to play. I don't know, because I didn't catch the game, but did anyone else see it and can shed some light?
He was 3-12 with 12 points and had quite a few turnovers. You're right on point with your thought.

Weezy
01-31-2011, 02:39 PM

Wow really? He has been playing pretty well before that.. what happened?

nycericanguy
01-31-2011, 02:57 PM

I don't think its fair to say that after every bad game he has though, he's played pretty well.

I mean he's human, I'm sure its on his mind, but he seems to have done a good job so far of still going out there and playing.

Slimsim
01-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Chandler has been playing bad since the trade rumors as well.

cheetos185
01-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Chandler has been playing bad since the trade rumors as well.

and knicks saying he's injured but chandler has played through injury in the past and never played this bad, also felton has been shooting awful as well.

29$JerZ
01-31-2011, 03:15 PM
I hope NY doesn't trade for Melo this Feb

A TE in the summer would be better for us to give

JordansBulls
01-31-2011, 04:57 PM
I hope NY doesn't trade for Melo this Feb

A TE in the summer would be better for us to give

True, would you rather wait?

jim51990
01-31-2011, 05:23 PM
should just wait ill fa and sign him then

29$JerZ
01-31-2011, 05:26 PM
True, would you rather wait?

I would

What has Melo done to signify he will return a Nugget or get traded to NJ?
It's clearly NY. So why give up 2-3 of our rotation for him plus picks and possibly taking back a bad contract when we could just wait this summer? This isn't like LBJ where you had multiple teams all going for him and he could wind up in either city? Pretty clear its NY or bust so no need to out bet ourselves.

AI
01-31-2011, 05:28 PM
IMO he either goes to the Knicks/Bulls or chooses to sign that hefty extension with the Nuggets.

PC
01-31-2011, 05:34 PM
IMO he either goes to the Knicks/Bulls or chooses to sign that hefty extension with the Nuggets.

Unless the Bulls are willing to part with Noah, I can't see them having enough pieces to get a deal done.

AI
01-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Unless the Bulls are willing to part with Noah, I can't see them having enough pieces to get a deal done.

If they offer Deng, Taj Gibson, James Johnson, Draft Picks, etc. I think they can get a deal done. Last thing I read was that Melo's camp was pushing for Chicago.

AI
01-31-2011, 05:38 PM
In a perfect world both J.R. Smith and Melo go to the Bulls.

PC
01-31-2011, 05:41 PM
If they offer Deng, Taj Gibson, James Johnson, Draft Picks, etc. I think they can get a deal done. Last thing I read was that Melo's camp was pushing for Chicago.

I just can't see a rebuilding Denver team taking back Deng's contract. And while Taj is a decent piece, he's going to be 26 in a couple of months. I haven't watched too many Bulls games this season so it may be an unfair assumption but just looking at the numbers, it also appears he has regressed from last season.

RZZZA
01-31-2011, 05:44 PM

noooooo :mad:

We don't need no melo, especially not for deng and 5 people off our bench + picks

offer up Afflalo or J.R. and we'll talk

AI
01-31-2011, 06:21 PM

We don't need no melo, especially not for deng and 5 people off our bench + picks

I clearly said that in a perfect world both Melo and J.R. go to the Bulls, Afflalo would be a better piece for you guys though but I don't see Denver trading him. He has been solid for them plus his offense has improved alot.

RZZZA
01-31-2011, 06:23 PM
oh, yeah. In a perfect world Denver would take Bogans, JJ + a pick for Melo and J.R.

okay...we'll toss Taj in there too.

nwilder
01-31-2011, 06:29 PM
It would a stupid move for NY to trade for him before deadline. He's made it pretty clear NY is where he wants to be. They should just wait and welcome him in June.

Giaps
01-31-2011, 07:10 PM

You wouldn't trade Deng for Melo? You're joking, right? And picks are not that important if you're a top 5 team which is what the Bulls would become with Melo and minus Deng.

RZZZA
01-31-2011, 07:19 PM
Deng for melo straight up? sure. but that would never happen.

it'd be like Deng + Taj + CJ + Bogans + JJ + picks for melo.

so thats like 2 of our best defenders for a guy who plays 0 defense and still does nothing to fill our hole at SG plus depletes our bench.

AND is inefficient AND requires the ball a lot which would take possessions away from Rose & Boozer

HouRealCoach
01-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Guys the Melo drama will continue until this offseason, Cause after he gets traded or not they are going to debate about where he will sign

JordansBulls
01-31-2011, 09:39 PM
Deng for melo straight up? sure. but that would never happen.

it'd be like Deng + Taj + CJ + Bogans + JJ + picks for melo.

so thats like 2 of our best defenders for a guy who plays 0 defense and still does nothing to fill our hole at SG plus depletes our bench.

AND is inefficient AND requires the ball a lot which would take possessions away from Rose & Boozer

I'd do that deal in a second.

SportsAndrew25
01-31-2011, 09:44 PM
I am so praying we get him. Think of all the championships we will win. :drool:

0nekhmer
01-31-2011, 09:47 PM
i wish they would just stop releasing info to the public. this **** is getting ANNOYING

AI
01-31-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm sure the Bulls would love to do a Melo trade if they could keep Noah out of the deal but I think he really wants to go the Knicks. I believe he would thrive in D'Antoni's system.

AussieLaker
02-01-2011, 01:03 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6078092

NEWARK, N.J. -- In the arena he could have called his temporary home, Carmelo Anthony added another layer of intrigue to the ongoing MeloDrama by saying he never received a text message from Amare Stoudemire telling him he wants Anthony to play alongside him in New York.

"I've read that, that he supposedly texted me," Anthony said after scoring 37 points in a 115-99 loss to the New Jersey Nets. "I didn't get it. I didn't get that text."

Anthony's comment refuted a report by Yahoo! Sports from mid-January that the Knicks All-Star forward had reached out to Anthony via text message after hearing Anthony express doubts that the Knicks even wanted him. But Anthony limited his comments Monday night to whether a text message was sent and/or received, and he did not address whether he had spoken with any members of the Knicks.

New York has continued to pursue a trade for Anthony, knowing they are Anthony's preferred destination, but neither Anthony nor Denver coach George Karl would assign a probability percentage regarding where they expect the four-time All-Star to be playing on Feb. 25 -- the day after the NBA trade deadline.

Monday night's loss ended a 3-2 Eastern road swing for the Nuggets, dropping their record to 28-20. They remain in playoff position in the Western Conference, and both Anthony and coach George Karl spoke of the possibility that Anthony may end up finishing the season in Denver before re-assessing his options.

"I have always felt from the way beginning of the season that the chance of that happening was far greater than all you all thought -- of being with our team the whole year," Karl said. "I just felt that way from the first day of training camp, from September, I've always felt that way. I'm trying to be prepared for anything, but if that happens we can get excited about being a very, very good team.

Asked why he believes an Anthony trade is not a fait accompli, Karl responded: "Just my experiences in the NBA. Making a big trade in the middle of the season is not an easy thing to do."

Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri and vice team president John Kroenke attended Monday night's game, but Anthony said he hadn't spoken to either of them in recent days about new developments.

Anthony all but closed the door on the possibility of being dealt to the New Jersey Nets, saying Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov seemed genuine when he pulled the Nets out of the bidding nearly two weeks ago, bringing an abrupt halt to multi-team trade talks that had been ongoing since the beginning of training camp.

"Prokhorov took a load off a lot of guys on the Nets and the Nuggets, and now guys can just go out there and play and see what's the next steps from here," Anthony said. "He took a real strong stance by holding that press conference straight off the plane. Obviously, he felt strongly that this wasn't going to happen."

Asked what he believes the next step may be, Anthony pleaded ignorance.

The Nuggets have been exploring trade options because they fear losing Anthony with nothing in return if he opts out of his contract after this season and becomes an unrestricted free agent. But nobody in the NBA knows what the free agency rules will be when a new collective bargaining agreement is in place, and Anthony could be risking several million dollars if he indeed opts out of the $18 million he is due to receive next year and refuses to sign the nearly $65 million, three-year extension that would keep him under contract through the 2014-15 season.

"The CBA is in the back of my mind, but as far as being a free agent to play this out, if that's what it's going to take, then so be it. I'm with that," Anthony said. "If it's playing this year out and then going back to the drawing table, sitting down with Denver and trying to figure it out, or if I basically move on, I'm willing to do that.

"If I sit here and say I'm willing to lose 15 or 20 million dollars, I'd be lying to you," Anthony said. "But at the same time this has never been about money. In my career so far I think I've made enough money. Now I'm focused on trying to win a championship. That's the only thing that's on my plate and on my mind right now."

The Nets did have one surprise awaiting Anthony when Denver's team bus arrived.

Placed strategically along the hallway leading to the visiting locker room, and again in the hallway leading from the locker room to the court, were poster-sized artists' renditions of what the Nets' new arena in Brooklyn will look like when completed, plus one photo showing the construction progress made thus far.

"That was interesting," Anthony said. "That was interesting."

not sure if this was posted

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-01-2011, 02:36 AM
dam.. no one posted a comment on this..haha..ok ill be the first.

well idk if the nets are gonna try again to get melo..but i think we shoulded somthing out there tonight...the nets had it goin all game long and melo should think bout comin here and signin that extenstion.

JordansBulls
02-01-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm sure the Bulls would love to do a Melo trade if they could keep Noah out of the deal but I think he really wants to go the Knicks. I believe he would thrive in D'Antoni's system.

To me if the Bulls keep Rose, Boozer and Noah they would trade any two/three players on the team for Melo.

JOSKOMANG4
02-01-2011, 10:09 AM
4 way deal!

- Bobcats acquire PF A.Randolph, C E.Curry(expiring;waiver wire)

C) MOhammed/Brown/DIOP
PF) Thomas/Randolph/Najera
SF) Diaw/Brown/McGuire
SG) Jackson/Henderson/Carroll
PG) Augustine/Livingston/Collins

- Nuggets acquire SF W.Chandler, SG B.Walker, TPE from Cavs, & Cavs 2012 1st rd pick.

- Cavaliers acquire SF G.Wallace

- Knicks acquire Melo

oak2455
02-01-2011, 10:17 AM
It seems more and more he will be a Knick

JordansBulls
02-01-2011, 01:11 PM
It seems more and more he will be a Knick

Yep

oak2455
02-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Yep

the stuff he keeps saying without being anymore of a Drama Queen, says Knicks and Knicks only....but we shall see:eyebrow:

JordansBulls
02-01-2011, 06:01 PM
the stuff he keeps saying without being anymore of a Drama Queen, says Knicks and Knicks only....but we shall see:eyebrow:

They said he may consider an extension with Chicago as well, but I honestly doubt it.

29$JerZ
02-01-2011, 06:03 PM
They said he may consider an extension with Chicago as well, but I honestly doubt it.

Chicago doesn't need him imo
They'd be better off getting Rose a legit SG and just adding 1 more big off the bench since their front court is injury prone.

PC
02-01-2011, 06:05 PM

If Chicago was able to make a trade for Melo, I have no doubt he would sign an extension. But the problem is, if you keep your big 3 and offer anything else for Melo, it's slim pickings for Denver.

SteBO
02-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I don't see why he wouldn't extend with Chicago. They have a way better shot at the title with Melo than NY does, but i don't know if Chicago has exactly what Denver wants, and NY has enough cap space to improve their roster, even after Melo signs the extension, should it happen.

PC
02-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Chicago doesn't need him imo
They'd be better off getting Rose a legit SG and just adding 1 more big off the bench since their front court is injury prone.

x2

JordansBulls
02-02-2011, 11:25 PM
x2

I disagree, the Bulls need another playmaker and scorer and someone who will show up in the playoffs. Melo is that player. If not Melo then either Vince would do or someone like Stephen Jackson.