PDA

View Full Version : Charley Rosen: NBA's Most Over/Underrated

D Roses Bulls
01-27-2011, 03:47 AM
I don't agree with he said on lebron or howard, but I do agree with what he said on gallinari and Wade.

Overrated

LeBron James heads the list because despite his gargantuan numbers he still has to prove that he's not a quitter (remember the concluding two games of last season's Celtics-Cavs series?) and not a loser. Moreover, although he's become celebrated for running down and blocking breakaways, his posture is still too upright for him to play adequate defense against quick-footed opponents.

Vince Carter also habitually posts gaudy numbers but has been a choker throughout his career.

Dwight Howard is a good defensive helper, but only when a savvy offense hasn't sucked him out of position. At the same time, he's unable to adequately defend opposing big men who can turn-face-and-go. Plus, instead of elevating his own performance he'd rather whine in public about his teammates' shortcomings.

Kenyon Martin has a big mouth and a small game.

Danilo Gallinari is a streaky shooter with a questionable handle and slow-footed defense. If he played anywhere else but New York he'd never be touted as a future superstar.

Stephen Jackson can't differentiate between a shot and a bad shot.

Underrated

DeAndre Jordan is a relentless rebounder and shot-blocker who has learned to play adhesive man-to-man defense and makes wonderful off-the-ball cuts on offense. He's a championship-caliber, role-playing center.

Dwyane Wade is a proven winner who plays legitimate defense, delivers in the clutch, and is pound-for-pound better than LeBron.

Beno Udrih has transformed from being a point guard who couldn't to a shooting guard who can. The only concern here is the temptation to overvalue high-scorers on bad teams.

Delonte West is exactly the tough-as-nails wing-defender the Celtics will need to supplant the Lakers.

Anthony Parker plays earnest defense and can hit open and turn-around jumpers. His complimentary talents were overshadowed when LeBron dominated the Cavs' game plan. These days, the Cavs are so bad that Parker's special talents are superfluous.

Nick Collison battles on every play and is a terrific fourth man in a four-man frontcourt rotation.

Tony Allen can't shoot a lick but can play ornery defense against anybody.

DeJuan Blair deserves considerable credit for the Spurs remarkable success. He's always been a ferocious rebounder (especially on the offensive end) and has learned to play above-average defense. Moreover, the young man has developed an effective fall-back jumper in the lane.

Lamar Odom is too often overlooked since Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol usually garner the headlines. If LO's line-drive jumpers are erratic, he's accomplished in every other facet of the game. Indeed, his long-arms, guard-like handle, quick-feet, and lefty-slants provide an extra gear for the Lakers high-octane attack. Whether he plays the small forward or the power forward slots, Odom always presents unsolvable matchup problems.

With 15 books about basketball and a longtime column at FOX Sports to his credit, Charley Rosen is bringing his talents to NBA FanHouse for a weekly look at some of the NBA's most intriguing matchups.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/26/charley-rosen-nbas-most-over-underrated/

Htownballa1622
01-27-2011, 04:04 AM
Lebron is overrated? Smh. :facepalm:

And why are you always the first to post something that somehow disses lebron?:confused:

D Roses Bulls
01-27-2011, 04:06 AM
Lebron is overrated? Smh. :facepalm:

And why are you always the first to post something that somehow disses lebron?:confused:

cause I'm a hater, didn't you know? :)

seriously though, what does it matter to you who posts what?

Ollie Tabooger
All this is, is an article with shock value. Lebron is not overrated, and Wade is not underrated. Anybody can make an opinion-based overrated/underrated list. Dwight's not overrated either, he makes as big of a difference to his team as any player in the league.

xabial
What is this ****? I stopped reading after seeing Lebron James on the over-rated list I hate the guy as much as the next cavs fan, but without him the Heat lost 4 straight so nuff said.

Just kidding, i continued reading, it was horrible...

D12 isnt overrated, if anything he's underrated.

I dont disagree/agree with what he said about gallinari. Gallinari's got a long way to go for stardom, and he may/may not make it. Kid's only 22.

Gators123
01-27-2011, 04:08 AM
I actually think LeBron is underrated sometimes on PSD.

D Roses Bulls
01-27-2011, 04:09 AM
What is this ****? I stopped reading after seeing Lebron James on the over-rated list I hate the guy as much as the next cavs fan, but without him the Heat lost 4 straight.

Just kidding, i continued reading, but it was horrible..

I dont disagree/agree with what he said about gallinari. Gallinari's got a long way to go for stardom, and he may/may not make it. Kid's only 22.

Yeah I don't think Lebron is overrated, but he makes someones list every year as well as kobe does.

LTBaByyy
01-27-2011, 04:16 AM
I can see with Howard

Bc its more how weak the C position is than how good he is

He is #1 Center by default, he isnt playing against any future HOF (Besides out of prime Shaq)

He is a beast!!!!!! But were are in a weak center era , if he played in the 90's he would probably be the 5th/6th best center at BEST

Sadds The Gr8
01-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Gallinari and Captain Jack are the only ones i agree with.

kingbrentg
01-27-2011, 04:18 AM
Representing KU well, Mr. Collison.

Htownballa1622
01-27-2011, 04:19 AM
cause I'm a hater, didn't you know? :)

seriously though, what does it matter to you who posts what?

Its just a shame because I really like d rose and fans like you make me want to dislike the bulls but I can't.fact is rose is a stud. And so is lebron.youre blind if you don't see that..But u my friend are in fact a hater(big one at that)
H-hating
A-anyone
T-that
E-ever
R-reaches
S-success

You have, though, gotten me to hate mr. feeny ha.:cool:

Oh! Btw deandre jordan is nice! Underrated too! Would love him in houston (his home town)

Avenged
01-27-2011, 04:22 AM
Agree with the Lamar Odom part..

Raph12
01-27-2011, 04:22 AM
When you have arguably two of the Top 3, at worst Top 5, best players in the league on the overrated list, you know the writer is an idiot.

About Dwight: "...instead of elevating his own performance he'd rather whine in public about his teammates' shortcomings" LMFAO!!!... Wow!

Raph12
01-27-2011, 04:23 AM
I can see with Howard

He is #1 Center by default, he isnt playing against any future HOF (Besides out of prime Shaq)

He is a beast!!!!!! But were are in a weak center era , if he played in the 90's he would probably be the 5th/6th best center at BEST

Guess we should go back in time and strip Wilt and Russell of all of their accomplishments :rolleyes:

Russell would be lucky to make it as a PF in the '90s...

kobe24>lebron23
01-27-2011, 04:29 AM

:facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
01-27-2011, 04:30 AM
Its just a shame because I really like d rose and fans like you make me want to dislike the bulls but I can't.fact is rose is a stud. And so is lebron.youre blind if you don't see that..But u my friend are in fact a hater(big one at that)
H-hating
A-anyone
T-that
E-ever
R-reaches
S-success

You have, though, gotten me to hate mr. feeny ha.:cool:

Oh! Btw deandre jordan is nice! Underrated too! Would love him in houston (his home town)

like and dislike who you want, not because of someones views. honestly I could care less if you like rose or not. you act as if I wrote this article, so I guess I should stay away from posting any articles with lebron James mentioned in them so I don't upset people like you. :rolleyes:

kobe24>lebron23
01-27-2011, 04:33 AM
All this is, is an article with shock value. Lebron is not overrated, and Wade is not underrated. Anybody can make an opinion-based overrated/underrated list. Dwight's not overrated either, he makes as big of a difference to his team as any player in the league.

Actually wade is underrated I mean Lebron gets all the attention and MVP crap but what about wade they both have very similar stats but Lebron is a little overrated when compared to wade not overall but just when compared to wade... I actually think wade is more skilled but lebrons body is what causes him to have godly stats but other then that nothing makes him greater then wade or Kobe!

D Roses Bulls
01-27-2011, 04:35 AM
Actually wade is underrated I mean Lebron gets all the attention and MVP crap but what about wade they both have very similar stats but Lebron is a little overrated when compared to wade not overall but just when compared to wade... I actually think wade is more skilled but lebrons body is what causes him to have godly stats but other then that nothing makes him greater then wade or Kobe!

Agreed

Gators123
01-27-2011, 04:37 AM

Awesome.

kobe24>lebron23
01-27-2011, 04:38 AM
Agreed

There no way it's anything else bro and isn't it funny how we laker fans and bulls fans get along... Btw rose is the MVP right now!

kobe24>lebron23
01-27-2011, 04:39 AM
Awesome.

No problem (:

Htownballa1622
01-27-2011, 04:39 AM
like and dislike who you want, not because of someones views. honestly I could care less if you like rose or not. you act as if I wrote this article, so I guess I should stay away from posting any articles with lebron James mentioned in them so I don't upset people like you. :rolleyes:

No keep doing you. :) nobody ever said ignorance could be cured.

Chacarron
01-27-2011, 04:41 AM
Great read (including some of the posts), made me laugh a bunch.

D Roses Bulls
01-27-2011, 04:41 AM
There no way it's anything else bro and isn't it funny how we laker fans and bulls fans get along... Btw rose is the MVP right now!

I know...... Laker and Bulls fans show each other respect and can actually be civil on here. maybe It's because we have a lot in common, had the best players in the game, multiple championships, same coach :)

abe_froman
01-27-2011, 04:42 AM

agreed for the most part.i do feel wade does get undersold and lebron gets the preference ,just because he's lebron...but not enough to make an article over

D Roses Bulls
01-27-2011, 04:44 AM
No keep doing you. :) nobody ever said ignorance could be cured.

or maybe when I post articles mentioning LBJ, I should write a paragraph explaining why I posted this so it spares people like yours feelings. It must be nice that this is the most you have to worry bout in life, what people post on psd. :cool:

kobe24>lebron23
01-27-2011, 04:52 AM
I know...... Laker and Bulls fans show each other respect and can actually be civil on here. maybe It's because we have a lot in common, had the best players in the game, multiple championships, same coach :)

Very true and the only other Teams fans I respect are celtics fans(when their civil) but I also hate them alot and the spurs fans cuz they are all winners(clipper fans too I've always liked them not so much for the winning part though)

And to froman it's true Lebron sadly takes all the spotlight away from wade even Kobe when those too clearly are better skill wise but what can we do it's a media driven league:rolleyes:

Htownballa1622
01-27-2011, 04:54 AM
or maybe when I post articles mentioning LBJ, I should write a paragraph explaining why I posted this so it spares people like yours feelings. It must be nice that this is the most you have to worry bout in life, what people post on psd. :cool:

No need.my feelings are fine.just had to say what I said because I felt it was necessary.
And funny you say."what people post on psd"because evey time you post on here I want to:facepalm: anyway...don't want to ruin this thread with back and forth with you.my opinion shouldn't matter to you nor does yours matter to me.
Thank you for the article:clap:

Gibby
01-27-2011, 04:56 AM

I totally agree.

JLynn943
01-27-2011, 05:05 AM
While I like that he gave Beno Udrih some credit, this is a Charley Rosen article. It's completely useless. I don't think I've ever read an article from him that isn't based on if he likes or dislikes a team or player. Pure opinion, no substance.

Minimal
01-27-2011, 05:17 AM
Another "no I'm not a LeBron hater" thread for LeBron haters.

LeBron is the best player in the world right now, how can he be overrated?
Howard is easily the best center in the world, how can he be overrated?
The only reason Wade is underrated, because noone considers him being better than Kobe, while he is better than him.

Writer is an idiot.

And Kobe24>LeBron23 don't bother replying to this post.

CHANGO
01-27-2011, 06:10 AM
LMAO this is a banket for the Lebron Haters!

Khalifa21
01-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Why has Kobe been bought up in this thread?

The list is horrible, two top 5 players in the league overrated? Sure. How can the best player in the league be overrated?

I agree with Gators, LeBron is underrated on PSD. The only people that give him credit are Heat fans and those not blinded by their considerable hate for him.

Allstar21
01-27-2011, 07:35 AM
this guy is a real writer? that was one of the least thought out pieces of **** i have ever read

D Roses Bulls
01-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Why has Kobe been bought up in this thread?

The list is horrible, two top 5 players in the league overrated? Sure. How can the best player in the league be overrated?

I agree with Gators, LeBron is underrated on PSD. The only people that give him credit are Heat fans and those not blinded by their considerable hate for him.

If your referring to me bringing kobe up, if you were to read what I had said, I brought that up cause it's either kobe or lebron that's on at least one persons overrated list every year. not everybody believes this player or that player is good or whatever. it's just opinions.

D Roses Bulls
01-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Another "no I'm not a LeBron hater" thread for LeBron haters.

LeBron is the best player in the world right now, how can he be overrated?
Howard is easily the best center in the world, how can he be overrated?
The only reason Wade is underrated, because noone considers him being better than Kobe, while he is better than him.

Writer is an idiot.

And Kobe24>LeBron23 don't bother replying to this post.

I guess your talkin bout me. I never said I don't hate on lebron, but honestly this wasn't posted because lebron was on it especially when I said on the OP I thought he wasn't overrated. it's funny how people get their panties in a bunch over a article.

stawka
01-27-2011, 08:13 AM
LOL @ LeBron overrated, and no way is Wade underrated. Dwight, overrated on PSD with the whole "can a case be made for him to be the best player in the L" thread, but I definitely agree with the Odom being underrated thing. Could be a damn good second option starter on any Championship team, and an awesome number 1 on a decent team

Khalifa21
01-27-2011, 08:20 AM
If your referring to me bringing kobe up, if you were to read what I had said, I brought that up cause it's either kobe or lebron that's on at least one persons overrated list every year. not everybody believes this player or that player is good or whatever. it's just opinions.

I was actually referring to kobe24>lebron23 bringing him up, which he always seems to do in a LeBron thread. Something usually along the lines of "KOBE IZ DA BEZT, LEBRON IZ KRAP"

JayW_1023
01-27-2011, 08:22 AM
I love Rosens articles, I don't care what other people say. One of the few who also looks at what happens on the basketball court and not just the stat sheet.

D Roses Bulls
01-27-2011, 08:25 AM
I love Rosens articles, I don't care what other people say. One of the few who also looks at what happens on the basketball court and not just the stat sheet.

well I dont agree on howard and lebron being on the list, I mean the knock on lebron is that he hasn't won anything which is true, he didn't say lebron is hyped as this good player but isn't. he's knocking the guy because he hasn't won anything. but yes i agree with on that stats aren't everything. people that use stats for everything use that to hide the fact that they don't understand the actual game.

Corey
01-27-2011, 08:27 AM

Was just thinking the same.

Jayhawk power!

JayW_1023
01-27-2011, 08:35 AM
I disagree with alot of things Rosen says...like saying D-Wade is better than LBJ pound for pound...some of his opinions simply aren't popular. But he is right most of the time, even if it isn't what fans of certain players don't want to hear. That said, he is one of the few analysts who gives role players the spotlight they deserve, and not just talk about the superstars.

But what I respect about Charley Rosen is that he has great understanding of the game...he just watches the game instead of comparing sheets of stats all the time like Hollinger does for instance. He is one of the few who can accurately describe what a player can and cannot do.

Rosen also knows his X's and O's alot better than most analysts and is usually right on when it comes to analyzing why a team has won or lost. He is an old skool guy and he doesn't blatantly assume things by simply looking at the numbers.

redhorse
01-27-2011, 08:49 AM
i dont understand why gallo is on here AND I hate that comment. I dont think any reasonable knick fan would say hes a star ...I live in NY and have many Knick fans and I havent heard that. He has potential to be a good player. I dont think there is any thing wrong with believing that. Man ppl really like to hate on NY.

SteBO
01-27-2011, 08:57 AM
I guess your talkin bout me. I never said I don't hate on lebron, but honestly this wasn't posted because lebron was on it especially when I said on the OP I thought he wasn't overrated. it's funny how people get their panties in a bunch over a article.
I don't get why people don't understand that this is an opinionated article :shrug:

Hawkeye15
01-27-2011, 09:07 AM
I have never liked Rosen in the slightest.

Daze9900
01-27-2011, 09:13 AM
What is this ****? I stopped reading after seeing Lebron James on the over-rated list I hate the guy as much as the next cavs fan, but without him the Heat lost 4 straight so nuff said.

Though I love my Knicks I'm going to agree with both of you; he looked like a statue against Durant on that buzzer beater and he let Villanueva blow by him and a foul; even on offense if he can become like a Detlef Schrempf player I will take that.

Flash3
01-27-2011, 09:13 AM
lulz lebron's explanation why he's overrated is so dumb.

D Roses Bulls
01-27-2011, 09:20 AM
I have never liked Rosen in the slightest.

well as jayw pointed out, the reason I do like him is because he goes off by what he see's, now the howard and lebron is a little to excessive in my opinion, but he doesn't look at a stat sheet and say, "okay, this guy is overrated and this guy is underrated" he actually forms his opinion by what he see's which is why ESPN is a joke because they don't go by what they see, the go off by a stat sheet.

TheDiggler
01-27-2011, 09:22 AM
I had to read it twice. Because, LeBron, Wade and Dwight in an Over/underrated list sounds weird to me. But, he's kinda right. If you rate Lebron on his talent, man the dude isn't close to be overrated, but if you rate him at what he has won with his talent, they guy simply has no ring (yet). So, you could call it overrated. Dwayne Wade. This guy got a ring by what ? Himself ! He's a game-changer. He's franchise-changer. He's a destructor. This guy simply has more reached than his teammate James, but is not getting the same credit as Lebron. So, you could call him underrated. And Dwight. He's a Center with an Offensive Skillset that is not worth talking about. He still lacks in the offense (even if he's not getting enough touches). His game needs to mature and to get more elite, especially in offense, to not call him overrated.

All in all ... I really agree with list. You have to think about a while, but ... it's some truth in it. Nice find !

BTW: DeAndre Jordan is a beast ! Bring him to the Jazz !

29$JerZ
01-27-2011, 09:25 AM
How is LBJ overrated?
How is Gallo overrated when he is never talked about?
VC overrated? No one claims him to be a star...

Bad list all around

Hawkeye15
01-27-2011, 10:15 AM
well as jayw pointed out, the reason I do like him is because he goes off by what he see's, now the howard and lebron is a little to excessive in my opinion, but he doesn't look at a stat sheet and say, "okay, this guy is overrated and this guy is underrated" he actually forms his opinion by what he see's which is why ESPN is a joke because they don't go by what they see, the go off by a stat sheet.

I could care less how he judges them. I can't stand the guy. Haven't for years. He is the reason I haven't been near foxsports in a long time.

Double_R
01-27-2011, 10:42 AM
I can see with Howard

If he played in the 90s, the only difference would be that he wouldn't be doubled and tripled almost every game and he wouldn't have all the garbage fouls.

There has never been a player like him with the size and athletic ability, so I think you are way off there but everyone has a hater. I agree that his competition isn't the greatest night in and night out, but he is still guarded by 2 people most of the time and it's also not just his defense against the C, he changes everyone on the teams shots. Also the 90's had several HOF centers, but there were also a ton of mediocre guys too, so it wasn't like Shaq was playing Hakeem every night. Not to mention that Shaq didn't win when those guys were in there prime and he won his championships against teams with no centers(the Pacers, Sixers, and Nets)

blahblahyoutoo
01-27-2011, 11:06 AM
LMAO this is a banket for the Lebron Haters!

banket? blanket? banquet? bank it?

blahblahyoutoo
01-27-2011, 11:07 AM
lebron is not overrated, and i'm a hater.
howard is overrated in that his offense sucks for a guy so agile. he is not overrated in his value to the team.

KnicksorBust
01-27-2011, 11:13 AM

See that's what is so frustrating about the article because he brings up some interesting points in his underrated section:

DeAndre Jordan - "makes wonderful off-the-ball cuts on offense."
I didn't know that about him.

I didn't know Dejaun Blair has an effective fall-back jumper.

But the overrated section was just terrible.

How is LBJ overrated?

Bad list all around

Exactly. It felt more like he had agenda rather than actually pointing out overrated players. He used adjectives that are vindictive more than analytical.

LeBron James - "Quitter"
Vince Carter - "Choker"
Dwight Howard - "Whiner"
Kenyon Martin - "Big Mouth"

Hellcrooner
01-27-2011, 11:14 AM
lets see.

Pau gets called soft. overated, bad defnder and blah b lah blah.

well, Pau locked dwight down on the finals.

wich means that Howard is being overated if he couldnt beat a bad, soft defender overated player. :D

Draco
01-27-2011, 11:15 AM

This.

vantroi775
01-27-2011, 11:16 AM
"Russell would be lucky to make it as a PF in the '90s... "

Man I almost NEVER post. But I am highly dissapointed in all you letting that ****** Magic fan get away with saying that!

I officially dislike all of you who posted after he said that and not put him in his place. I hope that next time ya go to the kitchen to eat cereal, theres no milk in the fridge!

Kashmir13579
01-27-2011, 11:22 AM
this list is god aweful, imo. dwade better than lebron? thats not what the numbers say. and how is gallo over-rated? he's 22 years old and putting up decent numbers as a 4th option. who is rating him?

Kashmir13579
01-27-2011, 11:24 AM

thats why espn is a joke? i didn't realize.

Kashmir13579
01-27-2011, 11:25 AM
How is LBJ overrated?

Bad list all around

lol you know mike has to go JerZ. don't lie to yourself.

D Roses Bulls
01-27-2011, 11:34 AM
thats why espn is a joke? i didn't realize.

well I dont have the hours to write the other 1000 reasons they are a joke, but thats a big reason why their basketball analysts are jokes.

kobe24>lebron23
01-27-2011, 11:42 AM
I was actually referring to kobe24>lebron23 bringing him up, which he always seems to do in a LeBron thread. Something usually along the lines of "KOBE IZ DA BEZT, LEBRON IZ KRAP"

Hahaha so what if I think Kobe is the best and Lebron is crap (which I never said) plus I said wade is underrated compared to Lebron since Lebron just overshadows wade.. And just cuz I said Kobe and wade have more skills then Lebron doesn't mean everyone has to make a Kobe Lebron thread u guys made it a Kobe Lebron argument not me I just said one little sentence with kobe on it and people get all butt hurt cuz I said he's better

Hellcrooner
01-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Hahaha dumbass so what if I think Kobe is the best and Lebron is crap (which I never said) plus I said wade is underrated compared to Lebron since Lebron just overshadows wade.. And just cuz I said Kobe and wade have more skills then Lebron doesn't mean everyone has to make a Kobe Lebron thread u guys made it a Kobe Lebron argument not me I just said one little sentence with kobe on it and people get all butt hurt cuz I said he's better

Theres a little proble,

TODAYS kobe is not better than Lebron or Wade.
Age happens.

JayW_1023
01-27-2011, 12:06 PM
See that's what is so frustrating about the article because he brings up some interesting points in his underrated section:

DeAndre Jordan - "makes wonderful off-the-ball cuts on offense."
I didn't know that about him.

I didn't know Dejaun Blair has an effective fall-back jumper.

But the overrated section was just terrible.

Exactly. It felt more like he had agenda rather than actually pointing out overrated players. He used adjectives that are vindictive more than analytical.

LeBron James - "Quitter"
Vince Carter - "Choker"
Dwight Howard - "Whiner"
Kenyon Martin - "Big Mouth"

It's true Rosens harshness diminshes the expertise he displays. Like I said, I don't agree with everything he says. But that doesn't put his knowledge into question. Because he owns most 'analyst' as far a the X's and O's in basketball.

Rosens analysis has actually helped me understand the game of basketball better. Thanks to him I watch the game more from a technical standpoint than just wowing about dunks and buzzerbeaters and stuff. He makes you appreciate the things in basketball that most casual folks don't care about: setting screens, role players, team defense, coaching. Stuff like that.

Plus the fact that no one can break down how a particular player has performed better in my opinion. Rosen looks at what a player is doing during a game...not over the course of a certain period. Alot of analyst get too carried away by all the glitz that happens before or after the game...or minor incidents blown out of proportion.

While most analysts dwell on a stupid tweet LeBron supposedly sent or not, Rosen is the guy who looks at every move LeBron makes on the basketball court.

Thegame187
01-27-2011, 12:08 PM
stupied article, Labron left a team and city full of no bodies, get over it

Draco
01-27-2011, 12:14 PM
How is LBJ overrated?

Bad list all around

Can't speak for Rosen but it looks like this knick fan would agree with him.
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16463666&postcount=78

m26555
01-27-2011, 12:19 PM

He DEFINITELY isn't underrated...

Baller1
01-27-2011, 12:47 PM
The overrated list is abysmal, but the underrated list isn't too bad.

I actually think Stephen Jackson is underrated. :shrug:

Baller1
01-27-2011, 12:49 PM

:nod:

BrahCake954
01-27-2011, 01:06 PM
why even post this tom foolery, hes a lebron hater and the list is just horrible.. :facepalm:

close thread

BrahCake954
01-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Theres a little proble,

Age happens.

kobe was never as good as lebron, wade, or durant.. he just gets spoiled with dominant big men..

wade, durant, and lbj are better at every phase of the game than old/young kobme

im pretty sure the above 3 could avg 35 pts a game on an even better FG than kobme if they took as much shots as he did... hes overrated.. wade, durant, bron have more complete games

Sixerlover
01-27-2011, 01:14 PM
I saw LeBron as overrated and automatically stopped reading the list. Then I glanced back and saw Dwight howard and closed the page.

This guy's an idiot.

justinnum1
01-27-2011, 01:15 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

kobe24>lebron23
01-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Theres a little proble,

Age happens.

Says the pau gasol fan and Kobe hater stop it crooner seriously I mean Kobe goes 15-24 sometimes and u still talk **** on him even after a lakers win lol get over it Kobe>pau and u ain't no laker fan your a gasol fan!

Kashmir13579
01-27-2011, 01:22 PM
well I dont have the hours to write the other 1000 reasons they are a joke, but thats a big reason why their basketball analysts are jokes.

i agree that espn sucks. but i'd have to contest that their writers are more friendly to the per game statistics than the statistics that actually matter.

kobe24>lebron23
01-27-2011, 01:29 PM
kobe was never as good as lebron, wade, or durant.. he just gets spoiled with dominant big men..

wade, durant, and lbj are better at every phase of the game than old/young kobme

im pretty sure the above 3 could avg 35 pts a game on an even better FG than kobme if they took as much shots as he did... hes overrated.. wade, durant, bron have more complete games

You my friendly hater deserve this :facepalm::facepalm::

How can u possibly say that have u ever watched Kobe play??
Saying Kobe has never been better then Lebron wade and especially durant is laughable lol wow not even I have ever said something like that about a player I disliked Kobe is a top 5 player of all-time and will be possibly no.2 when it's all said and done!

Back to the topic though Lebron is not overrated but he is not underrated either and I only think hes overrated when compared to Wade... They have very similar stats yet Lebron get all the credit!

Hawkeye15
01-27-2011, 01:45 PM

mmkay

John Walls Era
01-27-2011, 01:53 PM
I kind of agree with everything outside Lebron. I do agree with the Dwight assessment, though hes not THAT bad at defending opposing big men who can turn-face-and-go; hes just average.

nyanks79
01-27-2011, 02:07 PM
The overrated list is abysmal, but the underrated list isn't too bad.

I actually think Stephen Jackson is underrated. :shrug:

Agreed. Jackson dosent get enough credit for his D.

bovice163
01-27-2011, 02:09 PM
You my friendly hater deserve this :facepalm::facepalm::

How can u possibly say that have u ever watched Kobe play??
Saying Kobe has never been better then Lebron wade and especially durant is laughable lol wow not even I have ever said something like that about a player I disliked Kobe is a top 5 player of all-time and will be possibly no.2 when it's all said and done!

Back to the topic though Lebron is not overrated but he is not underrated either and I only think hes overrated when compared to Wade... They have very similar stats yet Lebron get all the credit!

Don't even respond to that fool man, he made himself look like an idiot anyways.

That list ****ing sucks. Who even overrates guys like K-Mart and SJax?

thekmp211
01-27-2011, 02:17 PM
i love how he calls out lebron for having to prove something, then turns around and deems the extremely unproven deandre jordan a "championship-caliber role player". whatever that is even supposed to mean. thats all ill say about this list.

what a joker.

Hustlenomics
01-27-2011, 02:18 PM
the best player in the league is overrated ? lol

mttwlsn16
01-27-2011, 02:21 PM
d j

mttwlsn16
01-27-2011, 02:22 PM
the best player in the league is overrated ? lol

kobe wasnt on the list...

Hustlenomics
01-27-2011, 02:24 PM
kobe wasnt on the list...

i know Lebron's a jerk for the decision and all but c'mon..

mttwlsn16
01-27-2011, 02:25 PM
I saw LeBron as overrated and automatically stopped reading the list. Then I glanced back and saw Dwight howard and closed the page.

This guy's an idiot.

obviously not since u posted ;)

Ty Fast
01-27-2011, 02:26 PM
wade is considered a top 4 player in the nba and he is underrated?

PrettyBoyJ
01-27-2011, 02:28 PM
I just wanna know how they think Wade is better then LBJ

mttwlsn16
01-27-2011, 02:29 PM
i know Lebron's a jerk for the decision and all but c'mon..

ill take the guy with the bling bling over the guy with the ching ching

Raps18-19 Champ
01-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Lebron and Howard are not over rated.

Wade is not under rated either. People usuallydont mention him as much as Lebron or Kobe but he gets all his due. He's also not better than LBJ.

Gallo is not over rated. Maybe by Knicks fans sometimes but Gallo does work.

Da Knicks
01-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Charlie Rosen is a douchebag who is all over kobes sack and the spurs. Could care less what he thinks or says.

29$JerZ
01-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Can't speak for Rosen but it looks like this knick fan would agree with him.
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16463666&postcount=78

That's 1 poster out of the few in this site who dislike the crap out of Gallo for no other reason other than the fact they either prefer Wilson over him or they don't like any sort of praise he gets on our team. I don't see how he gets so much praise when all I've seen are negative comments..

Regarding this list though its wrong on Gallo. He has never once been mentioned to be a superstar or a #1 option by anyone on ESPN or from our own GM. Best thing he got called was being right around the same level Dirk was when he came into his own in his 3rd year and still has a good ceiling because he has upped his game each year. Went from being only a 3pt shooter to being someone who gets to the line, guards opposing teams best wings and is still efficient. I fail to see how that's called overrating when it only exist within NY and not to the level I see people go on about for guys like Rose who are legit stars this young.

BklynKnicks3
01-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Most underrated Jamal Crawford, Overrated Kevin Martin

Htownballa1622
01-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Most underrated Jamal Crawford, Overrated Kevin Martin

How is kevin martin overrated? Nobody claimed he was a superstar.he's flat out a scorer. One of the more efficient players.:confused:

kntresistheheat
01-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Anthony Parker -Underrated :laugh:

CHANGO
01-27-2011, 02:54 PM
banket? blanket? banquet? bank it?

:D Banquet... That was in the morning :(

Draco
01-27-2011, 02:58 PM
That's 1 poster out of the few in this site who dislike the crap out of Gallo for no other reason other than the fact they either prefer Wilson over him or they don't like any sort of praise he gets on our team. I don't see how he gets so much praise when all I've seen are negative comments..

Regarding this list though its wrong on Gallo. He has never once been mentioned to be a superstar or a #1 option by anyone on ESPN or from our own GM. Best thing he got called was being right around the same level Dirk was when he came into his own in his 3rd year and still has a good ceiling because he has upped his game each year. Went from being only a 3pt shooter to being someone who gets to the line, guards opposing teams best wings and is still efficient. I fail to see how that's called overrating when it only exist within NY and not to the level I see people go on about for guys like Rose who are legit stars this young.

Here's one who thinks that Gallo's ceiling is Dirk.

Its all good though because most understand what you said and he's compared to Dirk, which if some don't understand its the high end, and compared to Toni Kukoc, and others which is not so terrible since they have rings
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15100098&postcount=37

The other dude I linked thinks his ceiling is 6th man.. who do you think is overrating him?

29$JerZ
01-27-2011, 03:00 PM

His Ceiling is Dirk, so how is that overrating him?
Like I said, that's the most praise he has ever gotten and it's not exactly astounding or abundant here or in the media.

Hawkeye15
01-27-2011, 03:04 PM

The other dude I linked thinks his ceiling is 6th man.. who do you think is overrating him?

didn't that stem from Amare claming Gallo could be a Dirk like player or something? I think it was just defending Amare's claims in Gallo's ceiling. I may have even chimed in on the main forum one, and said his ceiling was more like Rashard Lewis.

Draco
01-27-2011, 03:05 PM
His Ceiling is Dirk, so how is that overrating him?
Like I said, that's the most praise he has ever gotten and it's not exactly astounding or abundant here or in the media.

And Derrick Rose's ceiling is Michael Jordan ;)

Draco
01-27-2011, 03:08 PM
didn't that stem from Amare claming Gallo could be a Dirk like player or something? I think it was just defending Amare's claims in Gallo's ceiling. I may have even chimed in on the main forum one, and said his ceiling was more like Rashard Lewis.

Sure but why defend a comment unless you tend to agree with it? Hell, it was his thread. If there wasn't a direct statement of, "gallo's ceiling is dirk" then there's at least an implication.

kgjfan243
01-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Overrated: Tyreke Evans, Monta Ellis, Rajon Rondo
Underrated: Derrick Rose, Eric Gordon, George Hill

RZZZA
01-27-2011, 06:22 PM
you're from boston and you think Rondo is over rated, and Rose is under rated?

Some balls.

NYK|NYY
01-27-2011, 06:25 PM
I don't think anyone has ever thought Gallo would be a superstar?

/I'mronburgundy?

kgjfan243
01-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Yeah I'm a Celts fan, but D Rose is ridiculous. I love watching that guy play. Rondo can't really take over a game unless the players around him a hitting their shots. I look at it this way, put Rondo on a horrible team and what would he do? They'd still suck, but Rose on the other hand can put a team on his back with his scoring ability to go along with his playmaking ability. Any team he's on would be a tough team to beat.

RZZZA
01-27-2011, 06:27 PM
props, that's some high praise

dwadefan03
01-27-2011, 07:09 PM
i like the list, this guy speaks truth

D Roses Bulls
01-28-2011, 01:18 AM
i like the list, this guy speaks truth

thats really surprising coming from a miami fan which im guessing you are.