PDA

View Full Version : Is Blake Griffin White?

Pages : [1] 2

EWOR
01-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Not trying to make this a racist thread or stir any pot.

I saw the discussion about it on ESPN:
Is Blake Griffin Black or White? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl26EU2zkH0)

Skip Bayless sums it up as because he came out of White woman, he is White regardless of anything else.

He doesn't look bi-racial, and neither does Jason Kidd. Yet, people say both players are Black or bi-racial.

AK-50
01-26-2011, 04:44 PM
hes mixed....

black1605
01-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Mixed race.

Draco
"why shouldn't I as a white person be able to take some pride in Blake Griffin's rise because he did come from a white mom."

is this guy serious?

Hustla23
How does he not look biracial.

He looks like the prototype of a biracial person.

GodsSon
01-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Who gives a **** if he was purple from Mars? The fact is he can flat out play ball.

Not trying to generalize, but Americans are WAY too infatuated with colour/race.

AK-50
01-26-2011, 04:50 PM
what a dumb video.......really? so pointless imo

EWOR
01-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Who gives a **** if he was purple from Mars? The fact is he can flat out play ball.

Not trying to generalize, but Americans are WAY too infatuated with colour/race.

Obviously we all would care if he was purple from Mars.

Im infatuated with Griffin's race because I dont know why people are saying hes "Black" just because his father is Black. That may not even be his biological father.

SeoulBeatz
01-26-2011, 04:52 PM
um he's mixed. and yes, he clearly looks mixed IMO.

Weezy
01-26-2011, 04:54 PM

"Racism is still alive they just be concealing it"

EWOR
01-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Mixed race.
Wouldn't that be the case for every "mestizo" Hispanic or "Brown/Light skinned" African American?

Yet thats never a topic.

Huh?

Most bi-racial athletes look similar to guys like Jerryd Bayless, Lewis Hamilton or Austin Daye. It has to due to with the skin tone.

Blake Griffin looks like the average White guy with red hair. Most of my friends are amazed by him and are shocked at how big & athletic he is.

GodsSon
01-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Obviously we all would care if he was purple from Mars.

Im infatuated with Griffin's race because I dont know why people are saying hes "Black" just because his father is Black. That may not even be his biological father.

He's mixed, just like Obama, but he's referred to as black as well. Why? Because people like to simplify things by packaging people into an already predominant group.

I just fail to see how Griffin's race has anything to do with his skills on a basketball court, honestly, who really cares?

GodsSon
01-26-2011, 04:57 PM
"Racism is still alive they just be concealing it"

Yeezy taught me :cool:

abe_froman
01-26-2011, 04:58 PM
his dad's black,his mom's white...so take your pick as he's both

RZZZA
01-26-2011, 04:59 PM
No, he's not white, he's a ginger-haired half-man half-ogre

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-26-2011, 04:59 PM

took words out of my mouth

Draco
01-26-2011, 05:00 PM

he's white for home games and black for away games. purple in the off season when he's working out on mars. i'm kinda proud that he can pull it off.

smith&wesson
c'mon now every one knows white men cant jump!! lol :p

honestly i dont know why it matters what his race is but heres a picture of his family. his mom is white, and his dad is black making him mulato. which means he is mixed.

http://www.sportswriters.net/usbwa/awards/oscar/09oscar.jpg

its amazing how a little research can answer all your questions. even if they are petti questions.

EWOR
He's mixed, just like Obama, but he's referred to as black as well. Why? Because people like to simplify things by packaging people into an already predominant group.

But thats because Obama looks Black. He has a darker skin tone than Griffin, and you can tell.

Question: What race are a bi-racial persons kids?

I just fail to see how Griffin's race has anything to do with his skills on a basketball court, honestly, who really cares?

I know it shouldn't matter.

There just hasnt been an American White player to be as dominant as Griffin in the NBA since Larry Bird. It almost looks unreal to see a guy as big and athletic dunking on everyone.

TopsyTurvy
01-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Doesn't matter considering he's 14" soft.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-26-2011, 05:01 PM
for gods sake Bayless is so annoying

RZZZA
01-26-2011, 05:02 PM
dominant? I dunno, he's been looking less dominant as of late. Didn't LeMarcus Aldridge shut him down? and Clips have been losing too.

drama1386

haha...that made me laugh.

anyways, blake is biracial. his father is black & his mom is white. I'm biracial as well and when people ask me what kind of race I am, I say I'm biracial because I'm not black and I'm not white...I'm both.

sep11ie
Wow, another Griffin thread.

drama1386
01-26-2011, 05:03 PM
But thats because Obama looks Black. He has a darker skin tone than Griffin, and you can tell.

There just hasnt been an American White player to be as dominant as Griffin in the NBA since Larry Bird. It almost looks unreal to see a guy as big and athletic dunking on everyone.

he's not white...he's biracial.

EWOR
01-26-2011, 05:03 PM
c'mon now every one knows white men cant jump!! lol :p

honestly i dont know why it matters what his race is but heres a picture of his family. his mom is white, and his dad is black making him mulato. which means he is mixed.

http://www.sportswriters.net/usbwa/awards/oscar/09oscar.jpg

its amazing how a little research can answer all your questions. even if they are petti questions.

I have a White friend who is White but his mom married a Black guy when he was 4. That doesn't make him mixed.

I've seen the pictures of Blake's family before. Is that his biological dad?

RZZZA
01-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Biracial people are the future. If you're thinking of getting a wife, consider an asian. They mix well with everything. Black, white...it doesn't matter. Asians are like vanilla, tastes good with everything

AK-50
01-26-2011, 05:05 PM
his brother taylor came out of the same white lady and look where hes at....blake just is a great talent call him what you want black or white either way hes still a legit ball player

Eg714
He's American what else does it matter.

EWOR
he's not white...he's biracial.

How do you know?

I thought bi-racial people were judged by what race they look more like.

I've had plenty of friends who were Asian/White and they referred to themselves as White.

Weezy

And the sad part is.... its very true :pity:

Draco
we shouldn't rule out Delonte as the potential biological father.

Atticus Finch
01-26-2011, 05:06 PM

Answer: Human

ULT WARRIOR408
01-26-2011, 05:06 PM
He's mulatto-black/white

EWOR
01-26-2011, 05:07 PM
haha...that made me laugh.

anyways, blake is biracial. his father is black & his mom is white. I'm biracial as well and when people ask me what kind of race I am, I say I'm biracial because I'm not black and I'm not white...I'm both.

I know. But people usually mention bi-racial people as to what race they look closer like.

Question: If you had kids with a White woman, would they be considered White? If you had kids with a Black woman, would they be considered Black?:confused:

AK-50
we shouldn't rule out Delonte as the potential biological father.

delonte is just a mother****er

RZZZA
he looks white, yes. When was the last time you saw a red haired black guy walking around?

EWOR
Answer: Human

Obviously.

Im just asking what color race would they be considered?

Flash3
01-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Skip has issues. He is too old to deal with them, but his comments (as a main commentator on ESPN) are disturbing. One would think he wouldn't partake in this juvenile black/white issue, but whom am I kidding.

Draco
01-26-2011, 05:08 PM
he looks white, yes. When was the last time you saw a red haired black guy walking around?

but Griffin could simply be the whitest black guy we've ever seen. hmm.

Draco
01-26-2011, 05:09 PM
delonte is just a mother****er

and he has red hair.. hmm.

Lakerfan8032
01-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Yes. Who gives a ****? All I'm hoping from this is that ESPN will discipline Skip. People tend to over-react to these kinds of things and hopefully some ESPN executive does the same thing. I don't really care what he said in this regard but I just can't stand the guy and have been hoping that he will go away because he is such an ignorant **** who almost always has something stupid to say and holds on to prejudices and grudges. I think he is a very poor excuse for a journalist, especially one on national TV.

drama1386
01-26-2011, 05:11 PM
How do you know?

I thought bi-racial people were judged by what race they look more like.

I've had plenty of friends who were Asian/White and they referred to themselves as White.

first off, we don't like to be judged based on what we look like. I've been told that I look Asian or Mexican, which I'm not. Biracial people have so many different looks, we all don't look the same. I bet you didn't know that Halle Berry & Mariah Carey are biracial as well did you? Halle looks like she is Black and Mariah looks white, yet they both of their fathers are Black and their mother's white.

but besides that point...we don't have a specific race. we are humans.

AK-50
01-26-2011, 05:11 PM
and he has red hair.. hmm.

so is blake giffin gonna sleep with one of the clippers moms now?

EWOR
01-26-2011, 05:12 PM

Thats what I thought.

I was kinda shocked when someone called him Black, and I'm like I've never seen a Black guy who looks like that. I mean, his skin is White and he has red hair.

uptownfan
01-26-2011, 05:15 PM
It depends on the context. Players like David Price are looked at as black because he plays baseball and is a minority in the sport. On the other hand, many people view Griffin as white because whites are the minority in basketball

abe_froman
01-26-2011, 05:17 PM
I know. But people usually mention bi-racial people as to what race they look closer like.

Question: If you had kids with a White woman, would they be considered White? If you had kids with a Black woman, would they be considered Black?:confused:

not all bi racial people think alike.

so yes some will prefer to be thought of as one race/heritage more than the other,some wont.take my current gf she is part mexican and part asian,she thinks of herself as more asian than mexican.while another poster on here who is also bi racial and is responding to your posts doesnt want to be thought of as one more than the other

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2011, 05:18 PM
he is black :P

JNA17
01-26-2011, 05:19 PM
he's got the hops and athleticism of a black guy and the shooting touch (soon will if not now) and finesse of a white guy. HE'S GOT THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!!!

Hangtime
01-26-2011, 05:20 PM
I didn't know what the hell he was, I just know the man can ball.

EWOR
01-26-2011, 05:21 PM
first off, we don't like to be judged based on what we look like. I've been told that I look Asian or Mexican, which I'm not. Biracial people have so many different looks, we all don't look the same. I bet you didn't know that Halle Berry & Mariah Carey are biracial as well did you? Halle looks like she is Black and Mariah looks white, yet they both of their fathers are Black and their mother's white.

I actually did know that about both.:D

I know we're all Humans, but there are subgroups in the human race which give us our colors and identities. When it comes to people who are 1/2 of both, they usually are grouped in with what they look the most like.

Gators123
he is black :P

BS! He is White!

Draco
is Griffin an answer to a riddle? what's black and white and red on top?

WeBallin
01-26-2011, 05:22 PM
This is a SPORTS FORUM i have No idea why this thread is still alive......He's an athlete bottom line! Lets move on..

ULT WARRIOR408
01-26-2011, 05:24 PM

My pops was a peanut butter brown brotha with red hair now its gray.;)

Draco
01-26-2011, 05:24 PM
This is a SPORTS FORUM i have No idea why this thread is still alive......He's an athlete bottom line! Lets move on..

it's kind of funny watching people discuss the ambiguities of a social construct that has no concrete and no scientific definition.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Wouldn't that be the case for every "mestizo" Hispanic or "Brown/Light skinned" African American?

Yet thats never a topic.

Huh?

Most bi-racial athletes look similar to guys like Jerryd Bayless, Lewis Hamilton or Austin Daye. It has to due to with the skin tone.

Blake Griffin looks like the average White guy with red hair. Most of my friends are amazed by him and are shocked at how big & athletic he is.

Are you serious? Brian Scalabriane looks like an "average white guy with red hair" But blake Griffin... lol and Jerryd Bayless, and Austin Daye do not look mixed.

Mixed would be more like, Mike Bibby, Jason Kidd, Deron Williams

J-Relo
01-26-2011, 05:27 PM
To all the people:
you can pick the skin color you like if only that makes you feel better.

Hangtime
01-26-2011, 05:27 PM
is Griffin an answer to a riddle? what's black and white and red on top?

Lol. Riddle me this.....

fadedmario
01-26-2011, 05:28 PM
he's a leprechaun

29$JerZ
01-26-2011, 05:30 PM
The better Q is does Griffen have a soul?

Shareeb_omac2
01-26-2011, 05:31 PM
If Preident Barack Obama is going to be labeled black on every tv show and discussion than Blake Griffin is White. Put Griffin right next to a 100% black guy and they look nothing alike. He just looks like an odd looking white guy.

Klivlend
01-26-2011, 05:31 PM
@EWOR-you are coming across as insanely ignorant in this thread. I suggest you stop posting.

There is no such thing as 'race' as it is being discussed (and I use that term loosely) here. Race has been socially constructed over time. Humans are a monogenesis creature, meaning we have one common ancestor. Further meaning, each 'race' does not have its own original/starting point ancestor. We are all members of the same ‘race’. There are certain ethnicities that are associated with features, such as small eyes, large noses, hair color, etc…However, these traits are not ‘race’ specific.

Educate yourself a bit.

http://www.pbs.org/race/000_General/000_00-Home.htm

EWOR
01-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Are you serious? Brian Scalabriane looks like an "average white guy with red hair" But blake Griffin... lol and Jerryd Bayless, and Austin Daye do not look mixed.

Mixed would be more like, Mike Bibby, Jason Kidd, Deron Williams

But Jerryd Bayless and Austin Daye are mixed too.

Mike Bibby and Deron Williams are only 1/4 mixed from what I believe.

If you look at their kids, their kids are 100% White.

GodsSon
01-26-2011, 05:33 PM

Mmmmmm Halle Berry...the things I would do to her...

Jetsguy
Doesn't matter considering he's 14" soft.

LMFAO...I literally just LOL'd in my office cubicle

Lake_Show2416
He's Mexican

dunedinjays
As the movie so succintly put it: White Men Cant Jump.

So no he cant be white

EWOR
01-26-2011, 05:34 PM
If Preident Barack Obama is going to be labeled black on every tv show and discussion than Blake Griffin is White. Put Griffin right next to a 100% black guy and they look nothing alike. He just looks like an odd looking white guy.

Exactly. Blake Griffin looks nothing like a Black guy, and I still dont have any proof that his Black father is his biological father. They look nothing alike.

Klivlend
01-26-2011, 05:35 PM
I thought it was pretty clear he is a white chick...

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=blake+griffin&view=detail&id=AB34D7BA258AC03B418A983D9CC3BC13C6A3B903&first=421&FORM=IDFRIR

J-Relo
01-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Exactly. Blake Griffin looks nothing like a Black guy, and I still dont have any proof that his Black father is his biological father. They look nothing alike.

judging by the skin tone he is more of a white
judging by biological body (especially face) structure he is more of a black

i guess those two people named as his parents actually are his real parents...

Sly Guy
01-26-2011, 05:40 PM

amen brotha. I'm glad us Canadians regard race the way we do, race is just about as important as the color of socks he wears.

Young and Stupid
01-26-2011, 05:42 PM
No. He's black in society's eyes. I'm half-white, half-black with a white mother and an African-American father and I'm considered to be black. My complexion is between that of Derek Jeter and Drake (who are both mulattos with white moms). If he has to be defined as 'black' or 'white' then he's black, even though it's hard for society to define him as "mixed" because of a long-storied subconscious form of racism (I apologize for the sociological implication), that's what he is.

I don't mean to broach a completely different topic and turn this into a philosophical thread, but does it really matter?

championships
01-26-2011, 05:43 PM
I know one thing, He gets his hops from his black side.

avrpatsfan
01-26-2011, 05:47 PM
I think the main reason that his race matters is because there are so few white players with his skillet in the NBA.

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2011, 05:49 PM
BS! He is White!

I was kidding. I think he spanish or white and black mixed. No way a white boy got those hops belive me i knw im in hs and when i play i go nowhere near dunking :(:cry::o Im 5 foot 11 too :cry:

TO Rapz
01-26-2011, 05:50 PM

You do not speak to Brian Scalabrine that way. :mad:

tbone2171
01-26-2011, 05:51 PM
I think the main reason that his race matters is because there are so few white players with his skillet in the NBA.

ummm skillet :drool:

Shareeb_omac2
01-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Lol to the person that said his facial structure is like a black persons. Seriously i want all of you to pull up a picture of Blake's face and then a picture of Martin Lawrence or any stereotypical black guy you can think of.

Look at Blake's brother... He looks like a darker skinned white guy. Like I said before if Barak Obama is going to be labeled black than Griffin has to be labeled white.

EWOR
01-26-2011, 05:56 PM

Exactly.

I know a lot of people who are going to be disappointed if they found out hes not White & capable of doing what hes doing now in the league.

Young and Stupid
01-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Like I said before if Barak Obama is going to be labeled black than Griffin has to be labeled white.

I don't know if I've ever seen a more illogical statement than this one.

Klivlend
01-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Exactly.

I know a lot of people who are going to be disappointed if they found out hes not White & capable of doing what hes doing now in the league.

Oh really? You know a lot of people who will be disappointed? How many? Who? What they hell are you talking about, guy?

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2011, 05:59 PM
HEY TO THe Guy THAT SAID WHITE PEOPLE DONT HAVE SKILLS LIKE HIM I PUT IN 16 AND 9 IN HS AND IM MAD WHITE LMAO ;D

Klivlend
01-26-2011, 05:59 PM

There are a few that challenge it in this thread.

EWOR
01-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Oh really? You know a lot of people who will be disappointed? How many? Who? What they hell are you talking about, guy?

A lot of my friends.

Im just getting back to watching the NBA thanks to Griffin and I've been showing them videos via Youtube of the crazy stuff hes doing in the league.

EaglePride615
01-26-2011, 06:01 PM
hes not white. white man cant jump. and im white

Shareeb_omac2
01-26-2011, 06:02 PM

Well, please do explain why that "illogical" statement doesn't make sense?

Barak Obama is a half white man that was raised by his white side of his family but because he bares more of a resembalance to a black person that is what he is labeled.

Blake and his brother look nothing like black people. Why doesn't this work both ways? They look more white than anything else.

blahblahyoutoo
01-26-2011, 06:04 PM
i heard him in an interview. he doesn't speak ebonics so he has that going for him.

RaiderLakersA's
01-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Why do we have to label him?

Why don't we let Blake define himself?

Or better yet, why don't we let his GAME define him?

Geargo Wallace
01-26-2011, 06:06 PM
another white MVP yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Young and Stupid
01-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Well, please do explain why that "illogical" statement doesn't make sense?

Barak Obama is a half white man that was raised by his white side of his family but because he bares more of a resembalance to a black person that is what he is labeled.

Blake and his brother look nothing like black people. Why doesn't this work both ways? They look more white than anything else.

Barack Obama is not labeled as 'black' because he bares more resemblance to the average African-American male. He's labeled as such because of the "one-drop rule (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule)." Would you say that Drake "looks black?" I wouldn't.

Oh and Blake doesn't look anything close to 'white,' in my opinion.

Edit: As I said earlier, I'm labeled as 'black,' but I wouldn't consider myself to have the characteristics of the average African-American.

EWOR
01-26-2011, 06:08 PM
i heard him in an interview. he doesn't speak ebonics so he has that going for him.

Ebonics died out in the 90's.

Get with the times, and stop re-hashing the preferred arguments made by ignorant middle aged White men towards African Americans.

Find me one interview of a NBA player speaking in ebonics post-2000. Bet you cant.

stipe1280
01-26-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm not even sure he's human...not after I've seen what he's been able to do.

godolphins
01-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Since Obama is considered black and not mix(which he is) Blake should be considered black

blahblahyoutoo
01-26-2011, 06:13 PM

halle berry you can tell because she has white facial features on darker skin tone.

Thatruth32
01-26-2011, 06:14 PM

agreed

JtotheMurphy
01-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Ginger

Shareeb_omac2
01-26-2011, 06:16 PM
EXACTLY my point. Why is it that "the one drop rule" considers a half black half white person, black??????? Does the white DNA magically get overridden by the "superior" black blood? No. The person can go either way. Until the day comes where we start referring to mixed Americans to there own race, which in today's day in age we should, than I'm going to consider people like Taylor and Blake Griffin white.

chris34
01-26-2011, 06:17 PM
For whatever reason, mixed is typically considered more black than white. I don't think the race of the mother is usually considered or nearly all children of mixed races, where white and black are involved, would be considered white.

Klivlend
01-26-2011, 06:18 PM
EXACTLY my point. Why is it that "the one drop rule" considers a half black half white person, black??????? Does the white DNA magically get overridden by the "superior" black blood? No. The person can go either way. Until the day comes where we start referring to mixed Americans to there own race, which in today's day in age we should, than I'm going to consider people like Taylor and Blake Griffin white.

Just curious, did you graduate from college? How old are you?

Shareeb_omac2
01-26-2011, 06:20 PM
21 and in college. Please tell me why anything I said is too "ridiculous" or "ignorant."

DJakk
01-26-2011, 06:20 PM
He is obviously an albino african.

EWOR
01-26-2011, 06:24 PM

I agree 100%.

He looks White and he came from a White woman.

blahblahyoutoo
01-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Ebonics died out in the 90's.

Get with the times, and stop re-hashing the preferred arguments made by ignorant middle aged White men towards African Americans.

Find me one interview of a NBA player speaking in ebonics post-2000. Bet you cant.

maybe it's not PC to call it that anymore, but it most definitely is not dead.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ebonics

in fact, i bet there are more NBA players speaking ebonics than not.

MLB2K10King
01-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Guy's it dosent really matter. No one is of pure blood anything anymore, so he's just another person who is mixed

BkOriginalOne
01-26-2011, 06:26 PM
He has to be mixed, look how high he jumps...

WizFan3
01-26-2011, 06:27 PM
mixed half beast and half schoolyourass

godolphins
01-26-2011, 06:28 PM
For whatever reason, mixed is typically considered more black than white. I don't think the race of the mother is usually considered or nearly all children of mixed races, where white and black are involved, would be considered white.
Agree

Shareeb_omac2
01-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Chill out with that jumping b.s.

One of my best friends is whiter than a ghost and is 6'1" with a 37" vertical. I can post videos of him dunking if people are going to call shenanigans.

DwayneMVPwade
01-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Half White and Half Black

EWOR
01-26-2011, 06:30 PM
maybe it's not PC to call it that anymore, but it most definitely is not dead.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ebonics

in fact, i bet there are more NBA players speaking ebonics than not.

Non-linguists sometimes call it Ebonics (a term that also has other meanings or strong connotations) or jive or jive-talk.

Straight out of your own link.

Everyone in this country speaks a different form of English, for foreigners usually its fractured. Southerners tend to use a lot of slang.

EWOR
01-26-2011, 06:31 PM

What happens to people who are White/Hispanic?

SluggeR
worst thread ever

Atticus Finch

The one drop rule was used as a form of discrimination to keep blacks from achieving equal rights after slavery was abolished, pretty basic stuff here. That rule could not have gone either way, you're either 100% white or you're black, regardless of what mixture you are (according to the rule). I have a question though, would someone who is 1/2 black and 1/2 white be a different race from someone who is 1/4 black and 3/4 white? What about 1/2 Dominican and 1/2 English? What about me? I'm 1/2 Greek, 1/4 Italian, and the rest is random. You cant create a "mixed" race because there's an infinite amount of possibilities. People need to realize that skin color is an evolutionary adaptation to environment, and nothing more.

Cromedome
01-26-2011, 06:32 PM
What does Blake Griffin consider himself?

/thread.

EWOR
01-26-2011, 06:35 PM
The one drop rule was used as a form of discrimination to keep blacks from achieving equal rights after slavery was abolished, pretty basic stuff here. That rule could not have gone either way, you're either 100% white or you're black, regardless of what mixture you are (according to the rule). I have a question though, would someone who is 1/2 black and 1/2 white be a different race from someone who is 1/4 black and 3/4 white? What about 1/2 Dominican and 1/2 English? What about me? I'm 1/2 Greek, 1/4 Italian, and the rest is random. You cant create a "mixed" race because there's an infinite amount of possibilities. People need to realize that skin color is an evolutionary adaptation to environment, and nothing more.

But there isnt any difference between Greeks and Italians, its still the White race.

blahblahyoutoo
01-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Straight out of your own link.

Everyone in this country speaks a different form of English, for foreigners usually its fractured. Southerners tend to use a lot of slang.

i'm not following. so now you're saying exists when you so adamantly denied it before?

Y2JOrdan
01-26-2011, 06:40 PM
he's a black & white lepruchan lol

posterized
01-26-2011, 06:41 PM
I cant believe this is a question on PSD.... Maybe they should have a racial draft, like on the Chappelle Show and see which race claims him.... Problem solved.

Gators123
01-26-2011, 06:44 PM
I cant believe this is a question on PSD.... Maybe they should have a racial draft, like on the Chappelle Show and see which race claims him.... Problem solved.

White people call dibs on Blake.

EWOR
01-26-2011, 06:45 PM
i'm not following. so now you're saying exists when you so adamantly denied it before?

No, ebonics has faded out buddy. The popular concept of altering the pronounciation of words/spellings with ebonics is just not as used anymore. Mainly due to the popularization of it. You had people exaggerating ebonics and just ruining the "cool" factor. How many times have you heard someone mock a Black guy by saying "We beez goinz to da moviez fo shizzle"? Or something similar to that.

Ebonics was a fad that died out in the Hip Hop culture. AA Vernacular English(as pointed out in the article) is based solely on the region.

AI4MVP
01-26-2011, 06:46 PM
hes obviously Korean.

Raph12
01-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Why does it matter?

210Don
01-26-2011, 06:49 PM
lol i looked up blakes wikipedia his middle name is "turtle" lmao
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake_Griffin

TheWatcher34
01-26-2011, 06:50 PM
He's American what else does it matter.

blind patriotism is widely spread in america.

Blake Griffin is Blake Griffin.

blastmasta26
01-26-2011, 06:55 PM
lol i looked up blakes wikipedia his middle name is "turtle" lmao
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake_Griffin
It's Austin. Someone probably edited it before but now it says Austin.

Becks2307
01-26-2011, 06:57 PM
blake griffin is black, he looks like an albino tbh.

seriously look at him http://clippers.topbuzz.com/albums/blake-griffin/Blake_Griffin_looks_on_at_Staples_Center.jpg

the one drop rule is true. if we was really 'white' you wouldnt even have this debate.

colinskik
01-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Malcolm X had red hair ... just sayin

knicks4life33
hes white you go by what your mom is

DaBUU

with no soul, who also eats kittens

godolphins
01-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Blake Griffin is considered more black than white when someone is mix(black/white) they are mostly reffered as black just look at Obama who people refer to as black

GSRaider
He is what he is... Half Black and Half White...

Atticus Finch
But there isnt any difference between Greeks and Italians, its still the White race.

Jesus dude, give it up. You asked if he is white, mostly everyone said mixed, and you're still arguing it. Why did you bother asking if you already had your mind made up? There is no such thing as the "white race," just how there is no such thing as the "black" race or the "yellow" race. Race was socially made up so that people like you can point at someone at say "oh that guy over there is a black guy. I know this because his skin color is dark, therefore he is black." Is David Ortiz considered black? Before you answer that, ask yourself why your answer is what it is.

sixer04fan
01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
I believe he's the offspring of a ginger woman and a large black man

EWOR
01-26-2011, 07:10 PM

seriously look at him http://clippers.topbuzz.com/albums/blake-griffin/Blake_Griffin_looks_on_at_Staples_Center.jpg

the one drop rule is true. if we was really 'white' you wouldnt even have this debate.

Its funny because Landry Fields is bi-racial and he looks completely White.

yanksbucs
Jesus dude, give it up. You asked if he is white, mostly everyone said mixed, and you're still arguing it. Why did you bother asking if you already had your mind made up? There is no such thing as the "white race," just how there is no such thing as the "black" race or the "yellow" race. Race was socially made up so that people like you can point at someone at say "oh that guy over there is a black guy. I know this because his skin color is dark, therefore he is black." Is David Ortiz considered black? Before you answer that, ask yourself why your answer is what it is.

A little ridiculous to say it was made up and is all social. When it is clearly true and determined on bone structure and other biological factors.

EWOR

David Ortiz is Hispanic, not Black.

Hes from the Dominican Republic.

EWOR
01-26-2011, 07:11 PM
A little ridiculous to say it was made up and is all social. When it is clearly true and determined on bone structure and other biological factors.

Also it is a major factor when it comes to intelligence.

icon1914
01-26-2011, 07:11 PM

So now Tony Parker, Jason Kidd, Halle Berry, and The President are all white people?

In America, having one drop of black blood used to classify you as black... It was the whites way of keeping anyone of mixed blood below them... Now I guess it's different, but most mixed race people are still considered black, no matter what parent is of African decent...

Blake is biracial... Why does someone have to be your color for you to take pride in him???

EWOR
01-26-2011, 07:14 PM
So now Tony Parker, Jason Kidd, Halle Berry, and The President are all white people?

In America, having one drop of black blood used to classify you as black... It was the whites way of keeping anyone of mixed blood below them... Now I guess it's different, but most mixed race people are still considered black, no matter what parent is of African decent...

Blake is biracial... Why does someone have to be your color for you to take pride in him???

Black people take pride in Jackie Robinson dont they?
White people take pride in Larry Bird dont they?

It is nothing wrong with wanting to see someone of your own race dominant against other people.

godolphins
01-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Obama mother is white and hes consider the first black president

Atticus Finch
01-26-2011, 07:15 PM

Are you sure about that? Do a little research into it, you'll find that other than skin color, there are few genetic differences between people in general, regardless of where they are from.

yanksbucs
01-26-2011, 07:15 PM

Well we clearly know where you are going with this now. Thanks for 10 pages of ignorance.

EWOR
01-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Obama mother is white and hes consider the first black president

Your in Miami.

What do they consider White/Hispanic people?

EWOR
01-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Well we clearly know where you are going with this now. Thanks for 10 pages of ignorance.

You mentioned bone structure and other biological factors, why is intelligence not one of them?:confused:

EWOR
01-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Are you sure about that? Do a little research into it, you'll find that other than skin color, there are few genetic differences between people in general, regardless of where they are from.

Then how come there aren't any other White players or Hispanic players capable of doing what Blake does? Or what Duncan does? When dunking the ball.

godolphins
01-26-2011, 07:18 PM

That's what I keep saying

godolphins
01-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Your in Miami.

What do they consider White/Hispanic people?
Hispanic

icon1914
01-26-2011, 07:20 PM

A good number of people from the Dominican Republic are of African decent. They, like African Americans, come from former slaves... They just happen have had Spanish speaking slave owners instead of English speaking ones.

AWC713
01-26-2011, 07:23 PM

people would give lots of ***** if blake griffin were from mars.

icon1914
01-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Then how come there aren't any other White players or Hispanic players capable of doing what Blake does? Or what Duncan does? When dunking the ball.

First, Duncan is not that athletic, second very few people in general can do what Blake does with a ball. I'm Black and can barely get the rim, on a good day. And didn't Brent Barry win the dunk contest?

blahblahyoutoo
01-26-2011, 07:26 PM

actually, there are plenty of studies done that show certain races are more intelligent than others.
again, not very PC but i don't give a **** about being PC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence

Atticus Finch
01-26-2011, 07:26 PM

What exactly is Hispanic? Is someone from Spain the same as someone from Mexico? (Hellcrooner where are you!??!?) If David Ortiz doesn't count as black, then who does? Do you have to be born in Africa to be considered black, or just have family who was initially from Africa? What about Ben Gordon? His parents were from Jamaica but he was born in England? You can call him black if you want, but it completely neglects everything about who he is and who is family is. People from Jamaica are not the same as people born in Nigeria, the same way that people from Greece aren't the same as people from Italy. Let's use an example in the form of my favorite drink, Jack and Coke. Is it Jack Daniels, or is it coke?

blahblahyoutoo
01-26-2011, 07:27 PM
No, ebonics has faded out buddy. The popular concept of altering the pronounciation of words/spellings with ebonics is just not as used anymore. Mainly due to the popularization of it. You had people exaggerating ebonics and just ruining the "cool" factor. How many times have you heard someone mock a Black guy by saying "We beez goinz to da moviez fo shizzle"? Or something similar to that.

Ebonics was a fad that died out in the Hip Hop culture. AA Vernacular English(as pointed out in the article) is based solely on the region.

what??
let me axe you sumthin. whens the last time you heard a rap song or wandered in the ghetto?

Shareeb_omac2
01-26-2011, 07:29 PM

I see a white guy in that picture.

BRICKCITYPIMP12

haha i would have to agree with this.^^^

but yea..this is a pretty dum thread.. i mean ok this guy was wondering so he asked..but the whole thing bout coming from a white woman makes him white if just plain ********. he is mixed bcuz he is both black AND white..so there ya go. haha

goose14741
nigguh's white

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-26-2011, 07:31 PM
what??
Let me axe you sumthin. Whens the last time you heard a rap song or wandered in the ghetto?

hahahahaha

CostanzaNumba0
01-26-2011, 07:32 PM
actually, there are plenty of studies done that show certain races are more intelligent than others.

Two words can explain this: socio-economic status

Let me guess, u like rush limbaugh and sean hannity?

icon1914
Black people take pride in Jackie Robinson dont they?
White people take pride in Larry Bird dont they?

It is nothing wrong with wanting to see someone of your own race dominant against other people.

Ok... Jackie Robinson was the first black to play in the majors... He showed the racist establishment that blacks can do it too... That is something for anyone to take pride in... I don't cheer for Amare cause he's black, but because he is a Knick... I also cheer for Danilo as well...

The times of looking for a black guy, at least in sports, to make statement about the black race is over... I just watch the game and enjoy it... I'm sure if you quit looking for the "great white hope" and just watched the game you would enjoy more.

heyman321
Blake Griffin is chinese.

Knickrocketsfan
01-26-2011, 07:33 PM

I agree with you, but Europeans are WAY to infatuated with race 2. Also Europe tends to hate the Jews and also they hate on the religion since it basically a secular state.. (see France and Islam as examples in modern times of the former and latter)

Shareeb_omac2
01-26-2011, 07:34 PM
It's funny how it's ok to say one race can jump higher than another but then when intelligence is brought up all hell breaks loose.

bullocks
01-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Blake is a white name, but you can cleary tell he's mixed.

Spiggity_ace
01-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Skip Bayless sums it up as because he came out of White woman, he is White regardless of anything else.

its funny because in slavery days it was said that even if ur a bit black ur deemed as a black person, i always thot blake was half black half white but wut does it matter

Atticus Finch
01-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Two words can explain this: socio-economic status

Let me guess, u like rush limbaugh and sean hannity?

I would agree with you, but you dont have a reliable and infallible source like wikipedia to back you up (sarcasm)

arkanian215
01-26-2011, 07:42 PM

And in some circles, if you have any bit of color in your blood, you're colored no matter what you look like.

masalex1205
01-26-2011, 07:44 PM

This is not Canada which has a MUCH different racial makeup/history than the United States. Americans have to focus on race in order to achieve a truly post racial society in which race truly does not matter. To say that Americans are too infatuated with race is just ignorant.

knicks=love
01-26-2011, 07:45 PM
black ginger

DE9394
01-26-2011, 07:51 PM
His Mom is White, his Dad is Black

Klivlend
01-26-2011, 07:57 PM
21 and in college. Please tell me why anything I said is too "ridiculous" or "ignorant."
Seriously man, take a sociology course. You need it, bad. Please read through this, http://www.pbs.org/race/000_General/000_00-Home.htm

Hey, me too!

There is no white race, pleae read the aforementioned link as well.

I think we could be friends. This is one of the few posts in this thread which resembles any form of intelligent thought

Its funny because Landry Fields is bi-racial and he looks completely White.
I don't even know what to say to this. It just further proves there is not such thing as race. You can't tell by looking because it doesn't exist.

That is a load of bullpoop. There is not a single DNA code or trait that is specfic to a 'race'. It is impossible to look at a strand of DNA and 100% conclusively determine race. Just the same, if you discover a skeleton buried, it is impossible to conclusively determine the persons 'race'. Yes, certain 'races' have tendencies, such as hair color, eye shape, nose shape, etc...but no trait is 100% exclusive to a 'race'.

I thought your reasoning to determine 'race' was skin color? This logic gets tricky, huh?

Such a huge load of crap here. The larger factor when it comes to intelligence level is socio-economic status. You are in college man, come on. Quit sleeping through class. What school? What's your major?
Another good post from a fellow Greek, opa!

You do realize wikipedia is not a credible source, right? If you use wikipedia to defend any point in any professional or academic realm, you will get laughed at and lose miserably. Try again.

da wood
01-26-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm going to say this and see where you take it. As a black or white man knowing that his dad was black or not. Can you honestly say with a straight face that with black looking the way he does. Do you think that if he where growing up say in the 50's and
60's. Would he have been able to go to and all white school in say mississippi. Or say would he have been able to attend say Kentucy on a full ride. naw i don't think so. I would say that he is black because given the chance that guy from the KKK would gladly throw him under the bus.

Khalifa21
01-26-2011, 07:59 PM
It takes two people to make a child. If his mom is white and his dad is black, he's mixed. How hard is that to fathom? He may look more white, but that doesn't mean those recessive skin pigments aren't still there...

Klivlend
01-26-2011, 08:00 PM
And for those claiming BG looks albino, read this:
http://www.answers.com/topic/albino

and look at this:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=albino&view=detail&id=E525E6FE20672B6A6BEE85AFBB9126746276FBEF&first=1&FORM=IDFRIR
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=albino&view=detail&id=7EE48328494B21EE9ED6D93E3C44E8C0BE564AA9&first=181&FORM=IDFRIR
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=albino&view=detail&id=D6CC142287CE1E1DF790F17221CFD0B397E5637B&first=151&FORM=IDFRIR

He is clearly not remotely albino.

godolphins
01-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Back in the old days if it was known that Blake had a white mom and a black dad he would be consider black

Just like that guy said people were calling Derek Jeter the n word for being mix

And Obama who is considered the first african american president is from a white women and black men

Look at Halle Berry, Jason Kidf and Jackie Robinson who are considered black

Geargo Wallace
01-26-2011, 08:05 PM
he wears baggy jeans so I don't know if he's white.

da wood
01-26-2011, 08:10 PM
I also wanted to voice my opinion in reference to the post about white people being smarter than black. I being a black guy wouldn't say i'm the smartest guy but i'm far from being dumb matter of fact i did graduate a year early because i was smarter than the average kid. I do however believe that you get out of education what you put into it. I say that to say this. Most white kids come from more stable familys and school blacks usually come from broken homes where the mom more than likely worked sometimes more than one job. So black kids didnt have that person there for them to help them through say homework. Like me my mom was a single mom I used to go to my grannys house after school everyday. but granny did have a high school education and def didnt go to college. i think you understand where i'm coming from. And as for asian. lets just say when alot of them came to america. they were coming to make a better life and where as some italians and mexicans or where ever else you came from you brought a piece of where you can from and used that to make it ie; stores, traits, food, ect. where as asians way to get ahead was eduacation. so the teach that and instill it into there childrens heads. Pretty much making it a way of like you see where i'm going with this.

Hellcrooner
01-26-2011, 08:11 PM
ever heard of being MULATO? or MIXED?

If he is black obama is balck, if he is white obama is white.

Its neither is mulato.
An only thing that shoudl matter should be if he is a gamer or not.

ifhmondays
01-26-2011, 08:15 PM

Rodman.

Missing56&33
01-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Is Blake Griffin White?
You know damn well white men can't jump and Blake Griffin can jump his *** off.

LOL you guys are hilarious.......Blake Griffin is a high yella black man. One drop of Black blood makes you black regardless if the Mother is black and the Father is white or the Father is black and the mother is White.

Blake Griffin is a Black Man

Missing56&33
01-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by RZZZA View Post

OMG that was hilarious. Great point I think the Father sperm count was low, he damn sure looks white as hell. :laugh2:

Big420Bob
01-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Dave Chappelle needs to have another racial draft.

JabberJaw
01-26-2011, 08:23 PM
What a crazy thread this has become. I am bi-racial, and I don't claim to be black or white. I'm mixed. That's just what it is. Anyone on here trying to justify that he can be called "white" or "black" is just trying too hard. He is mixed. Plain and simple. And YES he DOES look mixed. He does not look like a "typical white guy" or a "black guy". You can tell he is bi-racial. Get over it. This was a stupid thread to make, because there are too many ignorant people on here.
Whether Blake is white, black, hispanic, asian...who gives a *******? The dude is amazing! Plain and simple! He is an amazing HUMAN BEING!

godolphins
01-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Dave Chappelle needs to have another racial draft. Agree :clap:

JWO35
01-26-2011, 08:24 PM
He's blite(Black & White)....

Nighthawk
01-26-2011, 08:27 PM
He's blite(Black & White)....

No hes WACK(White & Black)

JabberJaw
01-26-2011, 08:29 PM
OMG that was hilarious. Great point I think the Father sperm count was low, he damn sure looks white as hell. :laugh2:

:facepalm: You do know that only one sperm enters the egg, right? A low sperm count would have nothing to do with him having so called dominant white features such as red hair. So, that's the end all, be all? He's got red hair....he's white? LMAO. Geez, what a dumb thread with a gaggle of dumb responses. Let's get back to sports boys n girls. Save this for a CNN or FOX discussion LOL

siralex
01-26-2011, 08:32 PM
you know, this thread is an excellent example of what is wrong with our country, why our college students keep falling behind third world countries in terms of math, science, reading, and history, why our economy is in shambles, and why we have two parties that are slapping hands, inciting and hate-mongering to the population at large.

ignorance.

there is so much ignorance in this thread that it makes me sad to be an american. it makes me sad to think about how this once mighty and intellectually progressive country has sunk to the depths that it has.

people who dont have a clue about anything, but who spout lies as if they were true.

greeks are the white race? explain to me the phoenician heritage. better yet, look up phoenicia, and tell me how "white" they were in the days before christ. many of you seem to cling to wikipedia as a reputable source. use it, i guess, if you cant be bothered to read anything with some cultural and educational capital.

ebonics no longer exists? the examples that whatever dolt submitted of his version of ebonics is an insult, and the proof that you have no idea, at all, from a cultural and social perspective what AAVE is. and you never did. ever. you THOUGHT you did, and so you made it your truth. but its a truth based on ignorance.

some races are smarter than others? really? how does it make you feel, then, that you, as a white-skinned intellectual superior, are being blown away by doctors, writers, scientists, surgeons, teachers, scholars, philosophers, economists, and politicians that are a) black and B) much smarter than you.

what does that say about you, smart white guy? that you are the bottom of the white race because you are being blown away by people of the less intelligent race? are you our village idiot? its not about being politically correct. its about informing yourself.

there isnt, nor has there ever been, an unbiased, bipartisan scientific experiment that has EVER PROVEN that any race is smarter than another. ever. and dont ever use wikipedia to defend you view points. it shows just how smart you really are.

it just breaks my heart.

thank you klivlind, and a few others for giving me a sliver of hope about the direction that this country is going.

Klivlend
01-26-2011, 08:33 PM
What a crazy thread this has become. I am bi-racial, and I don't claim to be black or white. I'm mixed. That's just what it is. Anyone on here trying to justify that he can be called "white" or "black" is just trying too hard. He is mixed. Plain and simple. And YES he DOES look mixed. He does not look like a "typical white guy" or a "black guy". You can tell he is bi-racial. Get over it. This was a stupid thread to make, because there are too many ignorant people on here.Whether Blake is white, black, hispanic, asian...who gives a *******? The dude is amazing! Plain and simple! He is an amazing HUMAN BEING!

Yessir!

RulerSlick
for gods sake Bayless is so annoying

da wood
:facepalm: You do know that only one sperm enters the egg, right? A low sperm count would have nothing to do with him having so called dominant white features such as red hair. So, that's the end all, be all? He's got red hair....he's white? LMAO. Geez, what a dumb thread with a gaggle of dumb responses. Let's get back to sports boys n girls. Save this for a CNN or FOX discussion LOL

you got me over here fallin out of my chair.:cry::laugh:

Mave1002
01-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Haitian African American and Caucasian.

> http://ethnicelebs.com/blake-griffin

Missing56&33
01-26-2011, 08:38 PM

you have a point........

Originally Posted by RZZZA View Post

and yeah .........have you ever seen a black guy with dark skin like Shaq with Blonde hair like Dirk Nowitzki walking around? That would be interesting .....never seen that because most of the time the hair is nappy and straight. Not either or.

da wood
01-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Race as we know it is a myth, a social construct. A social
construction or social construct is any phenomenon “invented” or
“constructed” by participants in a culture or society, existing
because people agree to behave as if it exists or follow certain
conventional rules. “The Social Construction of Reality” 1966

DerekRE_3
01-26-2011, 08:43 PM
I just don't get racial pride. George Carlin said it best. Why should you be proud of a random occurrence? You were born white/black/asian/etc by chance. You should be proud of something you actually achieved or proud of someone else for what they achieved.

tonyd3b54
01-26-2011, 08:47 PM
u know racism is still alive by looking at all the nervous protective responses in this thread... its a legitimate question what nationality or color is he?

any1 who really doesnt care would just answer the question... not make some riteous response like "it doesnt matter what color his skin is hes a baller"

godolphins
01-26-2011, 08:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nMB1u5ocS4

blahblahyoutoo
01-26-2011, 08:48 PM
You do realize wikipedia is not a credible source, right? If you use wikipedia to defend any point in any professional or academic realm, you will get laughed at and lose miserably. Try again.

sorry, didn't realize wikipedia (with the 130+ cited sources in the footnotes) wasn't credible enough for PSD. btw, is this an academic or a professional site?
:rolleyes:

sure, while wikipedia itself is an open, public wiki, lets not pretend that it has zero credibility. there is so much traffic to the site that erroneous entries are quickly and continually edited out.

personally, i'd trust wiki more than some random "professional" blog on the intertubes, and don't pretend that you don't either.

siralex
01-26-2011, 08:57 PM
sure, while wikipedia itself is an open, public wiki, lets not pretend that it has zero credibility. there is so much traffic to the site that erroneous entries are quickly and continually edited out.

not two hours ago it had blakes middle name listed as turtle.

personally, i'd trust wiki more than some random "professional" blog on the intertubes, and don't pretend that you don't either.

personally, id feel the irony of a purported white man signaling the intellectual superiority of his race by citing wikipedia. that is, of course, if i were an example of the smartest race.

Klivlend
01-26-2011, 08:58 PM
sorry, didn't realize wikipedia (with the 130+ cited sources in the footnotes) wasn't credible enough for PSD. btw, is this an academic or a professional site?
:rolleyes:

No, this is not an academic or professional site. However, sometimes it's nice to read a well thought out response with sound reasoning and credibility. Hard to do on sport blogs at times. I don't expect everyone to do this, but if you are going to make a claim regarding an entire 'race', I think you should be able to back it up respecfully. Otherwise, you're just full of it.

I don't, and I'm not pretending. I have never, and will never, use Wikipedia as a source to prove an important point. Especially if I expect someone to respect my point and change their mind about something. It is just not a professional source.

Klivlend
01-26-2011, 08:59 PM
not two hours ago it had blakes middle name listed as turtle.

personally, id feel the irony of a purported white man signaling the intellectual superiority of his race by citing wikipedia. that is, of course, if i were an example of the smartest race.

Perfect example of why wikipedia is a crap credibility source. Thank you.

siralex
01-26-2011, 09:08 PM
as a college professor, i laugh, literally laugh, at my students when they cite wikipedia.

see, if you are going to cite stats, birthplace, middle name (oh wait...) and other general, safe information in a public forum such as this, then its fine.

if you are going to make the claim that many studies have proven that race and intellegence are at all linked at a biological level, then you simply cant be ignorant enough to quote wikipedia. its an insulting assumption that you back with a non-credible, and equally insulting form of support.

SFG'sTillID_I_E
01-26-2011, 09:08 PM
?

John Walls Era
01-26-2011, 09:12 PM
This was pretty funny.

Isn't Kevin Love and DAvid Lee both FULL white though. They're pretty good.

dodie53
01-26-2011, 09:14 PM
half man,
half gorilla

thekmp211
01-26-2011, 09:21 PM
his dad is black and his mom is white. is this thread about racial identity? who cares? it's not like he's running for office or anything. just let the dude ball.

mttwlsn16
01-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Dad is black, mom is white.

Close

mttwlsn16
01-26-2011, 09:24 PM
half man,
half gorilla

lol

Hulk6
01-26-2011, 09:27 PM
]Obviously we all would care if he was purple from Mars.[/B]

:lol:

Raoul Duke
01-26-2011, 09:28 PM
He's kind of a fleshy off-white, mixed with a "curly maple" type hue.

You're welcome.

Kyle916
01-26-2011, 09:41 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/clippers/bgpc_090629_4.jpg

That's how you get an ugly robot dunking machine.

TheGoodGerman
01-26-2011, 09:44 PM
who gives a **** if he's black or white ? most stupid thread of 2011 so far.

ULT WARRIOR408
01-26-2011, 09:53 PM
who gives a **** if he's black or white ? most stupid thread of 2011 so far.

He's American & thats good enough for me.:nod:

SportsAndrew25
01-26-2011, 09:58 PM
but Griffin could simply be the whitest black guy we've ever seen. hmm.Next to Michael Jackson. :p Sorry for the hack reference. :facepalm:

bulls_world23
01-26-2011, 10:02 PM
what does it matter??

Storch
01-26-2011, 10:05 PM
All i know is white ppl dont grow into a beast like that. He's definitely not just white. lol

JordanPippen
01-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Biracial people are the future. If you're thinking of getting a wife, consider an asian. They mix well with everything. Black, white...it doesn't matter. Asians are like vanilla, tastes good with everything

?

Chucky Woods
01-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Does it reall ****ing matter?

faze38
01-26-2011, 11:57 PM

this here! Also who really cares the man can ball and that's all people really care about!

Klivlend
01-27-2011, 12:08 AM
as a college professor, i laugh, literally laugh, at my students when they cite wikipedia.

see, if you are going to cite stats, birthplace, middle name (oh wait...) and other general, safe information in a public forum such as this, then its fine.

if you are going to make the claim that many studies have proven that race and intellegence are at all linked at a biological level, then you simply cant be ignorant enough to quote wikipedia. its an insulting assumption that you back with a non-credible, and equally insulting form of support.

My college profs would have done the same thing. I can't believe someone would actually defend wikipedia as a credible source. What a joke.

RZZZA
01-27-2011, 12:10 AM
wikipedia actually has sources at the bottom of the page...

a lot of times theyre credible, like government sources, scientific studies or congressional reports

Hustla23
01-27-2011, 12:34 AM

How are you a college professor and ragging on someone for citing wikipedia when you don't even ****ing capitalize?

What the ****?

This thread is full of all sorts of fail.

RZZZA
01-27-2011, 12:37 AM
I don't capitalize either even though I'm real good at spelling and english in general. When its informal communication like on a message board, stuff like capitalization and placing apostrophes everywhere arent really needed imo

BuddhaMONK
01-27-2011, 12:49 AM
yes he is white, white's a colour does his skin look black to you? He's also of african decent, but his skin colour is definately white. The guys lighter skined than me and i'm 100% white.

ldawg
01-27-2011, 12:54 AM
We are ignorant Americans. Our mind is so dense it only confined within a small circle. The land of the free. He is alien. What race is the ruler of your country? What race is Maria? What race is tiger? What race is the Lopez brothers?

THE MTL
01-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Not trying to make this a racist thread or stir any pot.

I saw the discussion about it on ESPN:
Is Blake Griffin Black or White? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl26EU2zkH0)

He doesn't look bi-racial, and neither does Jason Kidd. Yet, people say both players are Black or bi-racial.

When there is a biracial relationship, most of the time its going to be a white woman and a black man. Just saying.

Anyway, Skip Bayless is a ****** cause back in the day.....if u had one drop of a black....you were black.

I say ppl like Jason Kidd, Blake Griffin, Mike Bibby, actually look biracial and therefore should be classified as such.

mttwlsn16
01-27-2011, 01:01 AM
how do u say he doesnt look biracial though?? hes white with a black mans hair - not being racist whatsoever just saying...

mttwlsn16
01-27-2011, 01:02 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/clippers/bgpc_090629_4.jpg

That's how you get an ugly robot dunking machine.

dont make stupid posts...if uve ever watched a clipper game youd see hes way more than a dunking machine

Lakerfrk
01-27-2011, 01:02 AM
I dont think people are saying they like him, or dislike him due to his race. It IS something interesting to note though.

Look, if an African-American can feel proud of an african-american athlete succeeding on a high level, or lets say, another medium where its rare to see an african-american, like.. hmm.. the president.. then why is it so terrible for a white man to feel prideful of another white man succeeding in a field where not many do (athleticism/dunking).

MOST Americans are so afraid of racism (rightly so, due to our suspect history), that whenever they hear someone talk about race, they cry foul. It is NOT always racism.. RACE will always exist, but seeing it is not the crime, prejudice is the crime.. This is NOT prejudice. there is a difference.

godolphins
01-27-2011, 01:11 AM
yes he is white, white's a colour does his skin look black to you? He's also of african decent, but his skin colour is definately white. The guys lighter skined than me and i'm 100% white.
Again his dad is black and nobody is 100% white because everyone is mix with something

ldawg
01-27-2011, 01:14 AM
yes he is white, white's a colour does his skin look black to you? He's also of african decent, but his skin colour is definately white. The guys lighter skined than me and i'm 100% white.What if he was brought up closer to his black side? Society is always quick to judge when they know nothing about the person. He has characteristics of both. It well boil down to how he was raised which side of his family he was closer to.

RZZZA
01-27-2011, 01:15 AM
wrong thread

JIDsanity
01-27-2011, 01:17 AM
I thought he was a NBA player.

topdog
01-27-2011, 01:19 AM

To be fair, America has been in slavery longer than it's been out. But yeah, why does it matter what race a player is? I don't think people root for Scalabrine and Madsen because their white, they are just super dufy.

godolphins
01-27-2011, 01:23 AM
To be fair, America has been in slavery longer than it's been out. But yeah, why does it matter what race a player is? I don't think people root for Scalabrine and Madsen because their white, they are just super dufy.
Didn't you watch the video where Skip Bayless(who I consider to be racist) said that as a white man he want to take pride in Blake Griffin being a good white Nba player

JIDsanity
01-27-2011, 01:27 AM
you have a point........

and yeah .........have you ever seen a black guy with dark skin like Shaq with Blonde hair like Dirk Nowitzki walking around? That would be interesting .....never seen that because most of the time the hair is nappy and straight. Not either or.

I dont know whether I should be insulted, or I should applaud you.

Gators123
01-27-2011, 01:28 AM
Didn't you watch the video where Skip Bayless(who I consider to be racist) said that as a white man he want to take pride in Blake Griffin being a good white Nba player

Nothing wrong with that. If Skip wasn't white you wouldn't care.

godolphins
01-27-2011, 01:30 AM
Nothing wrong with that. If Skip wasn't white you wouldn't care.
If he wasn't white he wouldn't say that

JJOY60
01-27-2011, 01:32 AM

hahaha this

a kid i know from school looks just like blake griffin. before i met him thats what i would refer to him as every time i saw him. hes mixed race

Another guy i know (hes black), had a kid with a white woman. And what do you know, the kid looks just like blake griffin

BucktownUSA
01-27-2011, 01:34 AM
hes half albino half ginger

JJOY60
01-27-2011, 01:36 AM

You would like to think that but, I think both of those things play a role. I like seeing them succeed because they are doofy and bc they are white guys in the NBA.

I love Peyton Hillis because he is very successful white guy playing a position that is comprised of predominantly black players. I also like that he succeeded despite being pigeon-holed as a full back

Duncan = Donkey
01-27-2011, 01:40 AM
lol, he is clearly closer to white than black.

LA_Raiders
01-27-2011, 01:40 AM
UNBELIEVABLE. Thats why the US is so messed up... Because of this arguments....

We are all the same regardless of the color of the skin...

Judge people for ther values and behavior, there are plenty of white, black, yellow, and brown punks... as well as white, black, yellow and brown respectfull people...

RZZZA
01-27-2011, 01:43 AM
we're clearly NOT all the same...

Geargo Wallace
01-27-2011, 01:46 AM
OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY PEOPLE!!!!

I think the real question is: IS BLAKE GRIFFIN..... GAY?

- a man that takes that much care of his body must be. Your thoughts? I hear he spends a lot of time in San Fransisco ;)

ankit
01-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Loll even if he is blue green red yellow loll i think he is fabulous. I think this guy is a serious beast and its only his rookie year and he is putting up 22 points and what difference if he is white or not I like him for Blake Griffin and im pretty sure a true Nba fan would like him for the player he is :cool:

SA5195
01-27-2011, 01:50 AM

Amen..

godolphins
01-27-2011, 01:52 AM
lol, he is clearly closer to white than black.
When you see him play do you think the same thing?

HECK NO!!!!!!!!

Gators123
01-27-2011, 01:56 AM
When you see him play do you think the same thing?

HECK NO!!!!!!!!

You seem so butthurt that some people consider him white.

asmarks18
01-27-2011, 01:58 AM
Hes mixed but can us white boys claim him?