PDA

View Full Version : Otis doesn't think too highly of the C's

SteBO
01-26-2011, 03:48 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Magic-GM-Otis-Smith-thinks-the-Celtics-are-paper?urn=nba-310330

Wasn't sure which forum this belongs in. I think Otis is crazy for making these comments after a loss. It just shows pettiness. What y'all of this?

Was this smart or dumb on Otis' part?

Weezy
01-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Celtics will crush them in the playoffs (if they meet) like the scouter below.

Super.
01-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah I posted this in the Celtics forum.

He mad

hgtiger32
01-26-2011, 03:57 PM
haha not smart on Otis part. lol while I think the C's would win a 7 game series over Orlando, I do think that the Magic could potentially beat them if need be. But I still give edge to the Celtics. They are tougher mentally

avrpatsfan
01-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Hater's gonna hate.

Double_R
01-26-2011, 04:02 PM
These 2 teams are very close in my mind. I think that the Magic could beat the Celtics in a 7 game series, but I also think that the Celtics could beat the Magic in a 7 game series. Otis is awesome though, but so is Doc Rivers. I am just so neutral here when it comes to one team winning.

I totally forgot to comment on the article... I think the Celts are tough to beat, but I don't think that they are tough. KG always seems to start something, but then soon as he does, he throws his arms up in the air and looks and complains to the refs. Shaq isn't worth mentioning, even though I just did. Ray isn't tough, but actually quite likable. Rondo is a good defender and excellent passer, but I'm not physically scared of him. Paul the injury faker scares no one; guy was just another allstar that led his team to 20 wins before the assembly. When I watch the Celtics, all I see is some physical play that is over hyped by the media. Not to mention that none of these guys acted tough until they all got on the same team and finally got a ring. KG was just another Barkley until he went to the Celts and Paul Pierce was a poor man's allstar until he got KG and Ray. Paul is the worst in my mind, guy seems like such a tool.

Avenged
01-26-2011, 04:12 PM
After last years meeting in the playoffs.. I don't know why he would think that way..

Ty Fast
01-26-2011, 04:27 PM
i hate boston too

RZZZA
01-26-2011, 04:33 PM
well, they lost to the wizards and royally pissed me off in the process. Now I frown whenever I think of the Celtics

Htownballa1622
01-26-2011, 04:47 PM
I agree with otis but him saying it doesn't help the magic.

Kg acts tough and its old watching him front like he'd do something.
Pierce should get an oscar for his great acting parts...so on so on
BUT

Otis should call out dwight for being too happy go lucky. He recently got tangled up with garnett and then the next play he looked at him joking and smiling.
I do give garnett credit -he at least is focused though he's posing as a tough guy

For once it would give me great joy for dwight to man up,stop playing,and beast up garnett when he tries getting out of line.for that one reason is why I like when l.a.and boston play because kobe and artest aren't getting bullied.

tdunk21
01-26-2011, 04:54 PM
with perkins back....i dont think any team in the east has a shot at beating the celtics....i hated celtics last year till i saw them play against the lakers in the finals and i was so impressed with the team.....they are the team to beat in the east for sure....

macc
01-26-2011, 04:58 PM
I agree with otis but him saying it doesn't help the magic.

Kg acts tough and its old watching him front like he'd do something.
Pierce should get an oscar for his great acting parts...so on so on
BUT

Otis should call out dwight for being too happy go lucky. He recently got tangled up with garnett and then the next play he looked at him joking and smiling.
I do give garnett credit -he at least is focused though he's posing as a tough guy

For once it would give me great joy for dwight to man up,stop playing,and beast up garnett when he tries getting out of line.for that one reason is why I like when l.a.and boston play because kobe and artest aren't getting bullied.

I hear what you're saying and I remember when Dwight was looking at Garnett joking with him right after they got into it. I would like to see Dwight scowl a bit but that's just not who he is. Reguardless of what facial expressions he shows, when he's on the court he'e the hardest working guy out there. He loves being dominate and his play reflects that. He's not affraid to tangle up with somone, he just doesn't sit there and run his mouth between plays like some other people do.

kblo247
01-26-2011, 05:05 PM
After that spanking they gave Orlando last postseason they should respect them. Sure you can want to whoop that ***, but you should respect them and their ability.

aman_13
01-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Well that's too bad because the Magic have no chance against the Celtics. If it does happen, the Celtics win in 5.

Htownballa1622
01-26-2011, 05:21 PM
I hear what you're saying and I remember when Dwight was looking at Garnett joking with him right after they got into it. I would like to see Dwight scowl a bit but that's just not who he is. Reguardless of what facial expressions he shows, when he's on the court he'e the hardest working guy out there. He loves being dominate and his play reflects that. He's not affraid to tangle up with somone, he just doesn't sit there and run his mouth between plays like some other people do.

I agree with you that he's not that type of player and I like that he's not some dbag on the court like garnett but until he shows some kind of emotion that he won't get bullied or that he's mad, his team won't respond.he needs to spark his team up and believe they can win if not the celts will run all over their team.

Maybe otis is trying to spark his team up with these comments he made.

Raph12
01-26-2011, 06:56 PM
It's taken out of context, he was asked if his team is tough enough to win and he said that screaming and scowling doesn't mean your tough (something each and every Celts player does), your play on the court determines that.

SteBO
01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
It's taken out of context, he was asked if his team is tough enough to win and he said that screaming and scowling doesn't mean your tough (something each and every Celts player does), your play on the court determines that.
Yes.....and Boston has much better record than ORL, therefore, what Otis is saying, is in fact......wait for it........DUMB!

Raph12
01-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Yes.....and Boston has much better record than ORL, therefore, what Otis is saying, is in fact......wait for it........DUMB!

The record is irrelevant, the Magic made a mid-season trade and have statistically been playing the best ball in the league since those trades, soooo...

SteBO
01-26-2011, 07:17 PM
The record is irrelevant, the Magic made a mid-season trade and have statistically been playing the best ball in the league since those trades, soooo...
And you lost to Boston already with all those pieces in place, sooooo what next? :shrug:

kjoke
01-26-2011, 07:18 PM
he wished he was them

Corey
01-26-2011, 07:18 PM
This story is literally a week old.

Raph12
01-26-2011, 07:20 PM
And you lost to Boston already with all those pieces in place, sooooo what next? :shrug:

And we beat them with those pieces as well... Lost by 3... OMG SOMEONE BLOW THIS TEAM UP!!!... :rolleyes:

SteBO
01-26-2011, 07:22 PM
And we beat them with those pieces as well... Lost by 3... OMG SOMEONE BLOW THIS TEAM UP!!!... :rolleyes:
You beat them with no Rondo, wanna cookie.

Raph12
01-26-2011, 07:25 PM
You beat them with no Rondo, wanna cookie.

We beat them without a single practise and Dwight only scoring 6pts... We lost by 3pts on their home court with Dwight destroying their bigs.

We got a much better shot at beating them then you guys do, so where's that leave us?... I'll take that cookie now.

The Final Boss
01-26-2011, 07:31 PM
I love ol' Otis

SteBO
01-26-2011, 07:32 PM
We beat them without a single practise and Dwight only scoring 6pts... We lost by 3pts on their home court with Dwight destroying their bigs.

We got a much better shot at beating them then you guys do, so where's that leave us?... I'll take that cookie now.
Based on what? Stop making "leap frog" jumps to silly biased conclusions and wait till the playoffs before you start talking nonsense. K. ;) I'm out.

Raph12
01-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Based on what? Stop making "leap frog" jumps to silly biased conclusions and wait till the playoffs before you start talking nonsense. K. ;) I'm out.

Well they beat you guys convincingly both times so far and have had to grind it out with us both times we played em, but w/e... We'll wait for the playoffs.

Chronz
01-26-2011, 07:38 PM
When are you going to change that sig Raph? Has he even stood by it? Also it was Hawks vs Magic, is that really worth bragging about?

AirCanada15ORL
01-26-2011, 07:38 PM
and Orlando IS tough??? ill give them Bass thats it. rest are weaklins mentally

Hustlenomics
01-26-2011, 07:46 PM

lol @ destroying big baby being all of boston's bigs

Raph12
01-26-2011, 08:47 PM
When are you going to change that sig Raph? Has he even stood by it? Also it was Hawks vs Magic, is that really worth bragging about?

He's stood by it, so far lol and I know it's not worth bragging about, but I'm keeping it up there so that he continues to stand by it.

Raph12
01-26-2011, 08:48 PM
lol @ destroying big baby being all of boston's bigs

Shaq, Baby and KG... Dropped 22ppg on 57% shooting in the playoffs against Perk, Sheed, Baby and KG last year, so idk what you're getting at.

Missing56&33
01-26-2011, 08:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Magic-GM-Otis-Smith-thinks-the-Celtics-are-paper?urn=nba-310330

Wasn't sure which forum this belongs in. I think Otis is crazy for making these comments after a loss. It just shows pettiness. What y'all of this?

Was this smart or dumb on Otis' part?

I don't think it was smart or dumb and won't even matter because Orlando can't beat Boston in a 7game series. But I agree with you why would you want to give the C's any kind of ammunition going into the playoffs.

MagicBucsSox
01-26-2011, 09:04 PM
b/c the C's aint that tough, yes they beat us,but we've beat them too and we're the only team + .500 vs the big3. they all talk tough but Dwight laid them all out and they cry to the ref's. all they do is guard all passing lanes to Dwight and then hack him lmao.

with that said, until Orlando can get a legit perimeter player and rid of Nelson ,i dont think they cant beat Boston in a serious either

John Walls Era
01-26-2011, 09:14 PM
He just said they weren't tough. I agree, I do think they're not really tough.

But I would shut up if my team still can't beat them in the playoffs.

SteBO
01-26-2011, 09:16 PM
He just said they weren't tough. I agree, I do think they're not really tough (mentality).

But I would shut up if my team still can't beat them in the playoffs.
How do they not have tough mentality. They grind out games in the playoffs all the time.

unwantedplayer
01-26-2011, 09:24 PM
How do they not have tough mentality. They grind out games in the playoffs all the time.

Maybe the mentality to actually win a championship?

Hustlenomics
01-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Shaq, Baby and KG... Dropped 22ppg on 57% shooting in the playoffs against Perk, Sheed, Baby and KG last year, so idk what you're getting at.

Kg didn't cover him, and shaq was getting whistled for questionable possessions
he shot 30 % game 1 & 3
perk & wallace fouled out game 2 and after game 3 the series was basically over so he was just getting his while the Celtics were sure of getting to the finals!

Raph12
01-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Kg didn't cover him, and shaq was getting whistled for questionable possessions
he shot 30 % game 1 & 3
perk & wallace fouled out game 2 and after game 3 the series was basically over so he was just getting his while the Celtics were sure of getting to the finals!

KG guarded him more than enough times

Dwight dominated Shaq so he had to foul to stop him

Every star has a couple of off games, he dominated them in the other 4 games and put up 16pts-17rbs on 55% shooting in 09

They got to the Finals because they were the better team, period.

Hustlenomics
01-26-2011, 09:55 PM
KG guarded him more than enough times

Dwight dominated Shaq so he had to foul to stop him

Every star has a couple of off games, he dominated them in the other 4 games and put up 16pts-17rbs on 55% shooting in 09

They got to the Finals because they were the better team, period.

they only got to the finals that year because KG was out ..not saying you guys aren't good it's just the Celtics are better

Raph12
01-26-2011, 10:02 PM
they only got to the finals that year because KG was out ..not saying you guys aren't good it's just the Celtics are better

I never said they were better, I'm saying right now it's up for grabs, you guys were definitely better in the past.

John Walls Era
01-26-2011, 10:17 PM

oops I meant they aren't really bad @**es. They're just fakers eg) KG.

Tragedy
01-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Stupid and pointless garbage. Who the **** cares what this guy thinks? It's all about how these teams play, especially come Playoff time. Orlando normally collapses there.