PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Wallace

mrblisterdundee
01-25-2011, 10:29 PM
I read that he might be on the move, but I don't see much on him. He's only got $10.5 million for the next two years. I think Wallace can help many teams in the NBA become defensive forces. I've always thought he would be a great fit for Denver, making them one of the best defenses in the league (imagine Chauncey Billups, Wallace and Chris Andersen on defense). Denver can probably afford him, even after the new cap. He'd also be a great veteran for the Clippers. I think Charlotte is willing to trade him for the right package, especially with Tyrus Thomas getting better. I don't see why there hasn't been more interest in this guy. Do any of you have ideas on this (of course you do; share them)?

210Don
01-25-2011, 10:33 PM
hed be good on the knicks add some defense while still scoring in that offense

Raps08-09 Champ
01-25-2011, 10:36 PM
I've always said this.

Him or Josh Smith on the Suns would bring the Suns back into the playoffs.

Hunter48MVP
01-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Gerald Wallace would be a perfect fit for the Lakers.

FKNRUEHH925
01-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Send him to Oakland

magichatnumber9
01-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Someone needs to tell Gerald his hair looks ****in stupid.

jkcronyn
01-25-2011, 11:11 PM
mavericks would win a title if they got him this year, period

dwadefan03
01-25-2011, 11:19 PM
send him to gstate

beasted86
01-25-2011, 11:21 PM

Agreed. Marion part 2.

CityofTreez
01-25-2011, 11:23 PM
He's playing in Sac tonight!

Can he just stay here and make it permanent! Please!

Robbw241
01-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Nets!!! please God.

What?
01-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Am sure anyteam outside of Miami, OKC, and Boston would love him on there team.

I think he wold help the knicks alot more then Carmelo would actually. He brings moderate scoring but more important is the defense and rebounding they need Wallace and then go after chandler in the offseason and that team would be both a great defensive team and a great offensive team

CrasH-X
01-25-2011, 11:31 PM
i've always said this.

Him or josh smith on the suns would bring the suns back into the playoffs.

this !!

Mishmin
01-25-2011, 11:43 PM

Yeah a scary fit in New york. Ooo Amare and Wallace in the front court..

xxplayerxx23
01-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Yah hed help the knicks, But idk about more then melo

Kakaroach
01-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Would love him on the Jazz as a wing upgrade, but we need to add more size.

Y2JOrdan
01-25-2011, 11:56 PM
send him to houston

Denver-boy
01-25-2011, 11:57 PM
lol why does everyone want him, he doesnt play hard. seems like a player in it for the $$$, not a player i wanna commit alot $$ too, especially if im not sure where his head at... Denver would Offer K-mart/AC not sure if the deal so great... but bobcats prolly wanna get rid of him for anything... heard him and Jackson have had theyre bad moments with the coach, idk think denver trying to deal with melo situation, than we try to get any type talent at SF

210Don
01-26-2011, 12:00 AM
lol why does everyone want him, he doesnt play hard. seems like a player in it for the $$$, not a player i wanna commit alot $$ too, especially if im not sure where his head at... Denver would Offer K-mart/AC not sure if the deal so great... but bobcats prolly wanna get rid of him for anything... heard him and Jackson have had theyre bad moments with the coach, idk think denver trying to deal with melo situation, than we try to get any type talent at SF

wow!!!!!!!!!!!! never heard that said about wallace...:facepalm:

mrblisterdundee
01-26-2011, 12:03 AM
Would love him on the Jazz as a wing upgrade, but we need to add more size.

I don't know about that. Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap, Gerald Wallace and Mehmet Okur seems like enough size to me. Just give Charlotte Andre Kirilenko's massive expiring contract. Of course, Charlotte would probably demand Milsap in a trade for Wallace; there aren't too many other pieces the Jazz have that Charlotte would want. How about Kirilenko and Milsap for Wallace and Boris Diaw? Diaw is way underrated.

MiKE-THE-FUTURE
01-26-2011, 12:09 AM

Humm, Wallace isn't the greatest but he Sure dammm puts a lot of effort..he's a warrior

el_primo_nano
01-26-2011, 12:13 AM
He is a great second option. I would take him on the Knicks

sep11ie
01-26-2011, 12:14 AM

Good bye posting cred.

jkcronyn
01-26-2011, 12:39 AM
sepp11 i've always loved your sig thought you should know

DerekRE_3
01-26-2011, 12:52 AM

hahahahahahahahaha good ****ing god

abe_froman
01-26-2011, 12:54 AM
oh i see your confusing your guy with wallace i'm guess(or you think all sf's the same?)

black1605
01-26-2011, 12:58 AM

Riiiiiight.

ripjhb18
01-26-2011, 12:59 AM

Wow, I may agree on the not wanting to commit a lot of money to him, but that is because he plays too hard and gets himself hurt sometimes.

Get rid of him for anything? Then dont you think he would already be gone?

DerekRE_3
01-26-2011, 01:05 AM

Watch Wallace on the court and he is a whirling dervish, throwing around his body, flying at the rim, jumping once, twice, three times to continue tipping a ball until there is some sort of resolution to the play.

There is very little grace to his game. There is a reason, after all, he is nicknamed Crash. He doesn't really have a jump shot or a go-to move. Coach Larry Brown is not lining up plays for him. He just seems to run around the court and pile up statistics because his engine always permits him to be near the ball. It sounds simple. But it is an art form.

"That is why he is an All-Star," teammate Stephen Jackson said. "His athleticism is crazy. He goes after every rebound. Sometimes he almost gives me a concussion trying to take my rebound. But that is what he does well. I am happy I am his teammate because it is less rebounds I have to go after."

Larry Brown on Gerald Wallace:

"He is just an incredible kid," Brown said. "He brings it every night. God gave him great motivation. Every drill we run, every possession we have, every practice we have -- it's always the same. It is like coaching Eric Snow and George Lynch and Tyrone Hill -- you know what you are going to get every night. It's an incredible feeling as a coach."

Source: Sports Illustrated (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/frank_hughes/02/01/gerald.wallace/1.html)

Coaches everywhere should be showing young players highlight reels of Wallace's outlandish all-out hustle and tenacity. Time and again he drives hard into Howard. Nobody beats him to the far end of the court, nor to the floor -- if that's where the ball's headed. "Hard-nosed" doesn't begin to describe his playoff mentality.

Source: ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/15278/the-nice-list-best-players-so-far)

Melo4Mvp
01-26-2011, 01:06 AM

:facepalm::speechless: Of all the criticisms about Wallace I've never heard that one

DerekRE_3
01-26-2011, 01:07 AM
:facepalm::speechless: Of all the criticisms about Wallace I've never heard that one

I've heard him criticized about playing too hard and being a bad shooter. That's about it.

Geargo Wallace
01-26-2011, 01:10 AM
I thought this thread was about me for a minute there.

I like Gerald. He'd be so effective on a good team and a great piece. He's such a hard-nosed, gritty guy.

black1605
01-26-2011, 01:12 AM
If only he played hard instead of being in it for the money.

THE_FLASH_21
01-26-2011, 01:14 AM
GW for AK47...

DerekRE_3
01-26-2011, 01:19 AM
If only he played hard instead of being in it for the money.

Yeah I hate it when guys like Gerald Wallace get their big contract, and then decide to have a career year the next year. And then become a much more efficient player and lead his position in rebounding the next year. And then have another career year, lead his position in rebounding again, and make the all star team. And then they come in top 3 for defensive player of the year voting. God the ****ing nerve. He's obviously all about the money. That's why he shows no regard for his own body to help his team win.

ripjhb18
01-26-2011, 01:28 AM
What that guy said.

Geargo Wallace
01-26-2011, 01:30 AM
Yeah I hate it when guys like Gerald Wallace get their big contract, and then decide to have a career year the next year. And then become a much more efficient player and lead his position in rebounding the next year. And then have another career year, lead his position in rebounding again, and make the all star team. And then they come in top 3 for defensive player of the year voting. God the ****ing nerve. He's obviously all about the money. That's why he shows no regard for his own body to help his team win.

I think you took a sarcastic statement seriously and ripped on it with a sarcastic statement yourself... Someone is in love with Geralddddddddddddd!!!!!!! so cute

black1605
01-26-2011, 01:36 AM
I think you took a sarcastic statement seriously and ripped on it with a sarcastic statement yourself... Someone is in love with Geralddddddddddddd!!!!!!! so cute

He knew I was being sarcastic.

JB0B0
01-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Dallas should get him.

DerekRE_3
01-26-2011, 02:20 AM
He knew I was being sarcastic.

Yep. A fellow Cat/Gerald fan would never say that unless they were being sarcastic.

LA_Raiders
01-26-2011, 02:52 AM
MJ needs to build around him period...

sargon21
01-26-2011, 02:56 AM
He is a great second option. I would take him on the Knicks

No way. The guy isn't a good enough scorer to be. He is a borderline 3rd option, similar to Deng on the Bulls.

ee
01-26-2011, 08:07 AM
He's gonna miss about 15 or so games a year coz of he's too agressive....

sep11ie
01-26-2011, 12:00 PM
sepp11 i've always loved your sig thought you should know

thx bro

masalex1205
01-26-2011, 12:19 PM

:facepalm:

Gerald gives as much effort as anybody in the league, there is a reason he's nickname is "Crash"

masalex1205
01-26-2011, 12:22 PM
haha where's Denver-Boy?

kurivaimu
01-26-2011, 04:37 PM
To say that GW doesn't give effort is just plain stupid. I cant really name a guy who plays with more soul and motivation.
I'd love to see GW on the clips. A lineup of Davis, Gordon, Wallace, Griffin, Jordan would be great.

Khalifa21
01-26-2011, 08:07 PM
I'd take him and Marc Gasol in New York over Melo.

DerekRE_3
01-26-2011, 08:08 PM
To say that GW doesn't give effort is just plain stupid. I cant really name a guy who plays with more soul and motivation.
I'd love to see GW on the clips. A lineup of Davis, Gordon, Wallace, Griffin, Jordan would be great.

That's a lot of athleticism right there.

4THand26
01-26-2011, 08:33 PM
mavericks would win a title if they got him this year, period

LMAO...Dallas isn't winning anything.

Kidd
Terry
Wallace
Dirk
Chandler

Not exactly scaring anyone. Butler is better then wallace and they werent going to contend when Butler was healthy.

DerekRE_3
01-26-2011, 08:45 PM

Kidd
Terry
Wallace
Dirk
Chandler

Not exactly scaring anyone. Butler is better then wallace and they werent going to contend when Butler was healthy.

Eh I dunno about that. You are just showing how underrated he is.

Missing56&33
01-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Yah hed help the knicks, But idk about more then melo

I don't think he is a good three point shooter.....either way he could help the knicks a lot. He can get up and down the floor and he can finish. He would be perfect for D'antoni's system.

DerekRE_3
01-26-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't think he is a good three point shooter.....either way he could help the knicks a lot. He can get up and down the floor and he can finish. He would be perfect for D'antoni's system.

The only 3 he can hit is the short corner. But yes, he would thrive in a fast breaking offense. One of the best fast break finishers there is.

Khalifa21
01-26-2011, 08:56 PM

Kidd
Terry
Wallace
Dirk
Chandler

I would take Wallace over Butler in a heartbeat.

The only Butler has on him is shooting. Everything else Wallace is superior. Defense, Rebounding, Passing, Slashing.

thekmp211
01-26-2011, 09:08 PM

Kidd
Terry
Wallace
Dirk
Chandler

:speechless:

caron butler is in no way better than gerald wallace. no way. and this is coming from a huge uconn fan.

not sure they would vault into contention with him, though. shawn marion is a poor mans wallace and is not a good fit on that team. the bobcat dallas should be eying is jax imo.

thekmp211
01-26-2011, 09:09 PM
wallace would be an excellent addition for a lot of teams. lakers, spurs, jazz could all really use a guy like him.