PDA

View Full Version : Who Wins NBA Draft Lottery & Goes #1

Chi StateOfMind
01-25-2011, 06:31 PM
I hope cavs win b/c they need Jesus(Shuttlesworth) and who they pick where do I start........i guess Kyrie Irving

asandhu23
01-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Ray Allen has a clone who is the next year's draft?

Gators123
01-25-2011, 06:35 PM
How often does the worst team actually get the #1 pick? I think the first pick will go to the Wolves or Kings.

cwilson21
01-25-2011, 06:36 PM
How often does the worst team actually get the #1 pick? I think the first pick will go to the Wolves or Kings.

That will never happen.

superkegger
01-25-2011, 06:37 PM
The draft doesn't seem to have a standout to this point. Maybe Sullinger? In a way, you'd like to see the Cavs get it, because they sure could use it.

asandhu23

This won't happen either.

marvILLous
Raptors

please

BucktownUSA
01-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Obviously the Raptors.

asandhu23
01-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Raptors

please

Obviously the Raptors.

nope. Stern hates very small town teams. Toronto, according to NBA terms, is a small town.

abe_froman
01-25-2011, 06:43 PM
i'll say cavs

mttwlsn16
01-25-2011, 06:47 PM
nope. Stern hates very small town teams. Toronto, according to NBA terms, is a small town.

Toronto is HUGE

mttwlsn16
01-25-2011, 06:47 PM
i hope the cavs get it. they deserve it

Infamous916
01-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Kings will have the worst record this season & receive the 4th pick!

David Stern is a ******

iliketurtles24
01-25-2011, 06:49 PM
wolves please, we have always been scrwed in draft lottery

SpeeMN
01-25-2011, 06:52 PM
wolves, for the sake of ODDS

Chill_Will_24
Hopefully the Nets karma does them some good. After last years embarassment and then ending up with the 3rd pick... Then all this Melo drama... Man this team NEEDS it bad!!! Their biggest need is at SF thou so chances are they'll get one cuz this draft is heavy with them... PJones, TJones, Barnes... Too early for this thread till we know who will declare. Irving will most likely wait a year unless hes the concensus no 1 pick which is unlikely with his injury. Barnes will probably also stay cuz hes struggling badly. Then we have the lockout looming... 2011 first rounders might not be worth too much. 2012 is probably gonna rival 2003 in depth tho imo

Raps08-09 Champ

We won it like 4 years ago.

Portland won after. Not a big market team either.

Then Washington won. Not a big market too.

People are really retarted if they think Stern rigs the lottery or anything in the NBA for that matter.

bigsams50
01-25-2011, 07:01 PM
The lottery is stupid. #1 pick should go to the team with the worst record

Chill_Will_24
01-25-2011, 07:14 PM

Yea :rolleyes: so when the next Lebron or Kobe comes along you'll see a dozen teams all somehow go on 16 game losing streaks and start competing the wrong way for that first pick. The lottery is ight (assuming it's not fixed which I still debate). Maybe a few tweaks but it's not a bad concept.

netsgiantsyanks
01-25-2011, 07:15 PM
im going out on a limb and saying either the nets or the timberwolves even though the lottery indeed is retarted as hell.

Chill_Will_24
01-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Ewing to the Knicks... Ohio native Lebron, the savior of the Cavs... Chicago native Rose to resurrect the Bulls... Wizards needing a break after all the bad publicity from the Arenas thing get Wall... I mean... The signs are there... I think Griffin to LA was just a ploy to this ppl off the scent...

John Walls Era
01-25-2011, 07:26 PM
If the Raptors get Kyle Irving. Can I change my profile to: Kyrie Irving's Era?

John Walls Era
01-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Yea :rolleyes: so when the next Lebron or Kobe comes along you'll see a dozen teams all somehow go on 16 game losing streaks and start competing the wrong way for that first pick. The lottery is ight (assuming it's not fixed which I still debate). Maybe a few tweaks but it's not a bad concept.

Exactly. I see nothing wrong about the lottery.

bigsams50
01-25-2011, 07:28 PM

The worst team in the league should have the 1st pick. Every team that misses the playoffs shouldn't have a shot at the number 1 pick.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-25-2011, 07:30 PM
The worst team in the league should have the 1st pick. Every team that misses the playoffs shouldn't have a shot at the number 1 pick.

That's why the worst team has a better chance.

Just cuz a team sucks, it should get rewarded. If anything, a lot of these players don't even try 100% midway through the season and just try for a better start next season. So you have players who are bottom dwellers not trying cousing their team to lose. Yet they get rewarded for that.

bigsams50
01-25-2011, 07:33 PM
That's why the worst team has a better chance.

Just cuz a team sucks, it should get rewarded. If anything, a lot of these players don't even try 100% midway through the season and just try for a better start next season. So you have players who are bottom dwellers not trying cousing their team to lose. Yet they get rewarded for that.

So good teams should get rewarded with the better players in the draft?

goose15
01-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Cavs - Sullinger

Raps08-09 Champ
01-25-2011, 07:38 PM
So good teams should get rewarded with the better players in the draft?

That's why they got the lottery. So the worst team has the best chance.

and how the **** are they a good team if they have like the 5th worst record.

Most teams that win the lottery are top 5 worst teams in the league.

But I rather reward a team who tried but came up short everytime with a good player than reward a team who didn't try with a good player.

Bravo95
01-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Cavs - Irving, Wizards - Sullinger, Wolves - T. Jones

bigsams50
01-25-2011, 07:41 PM

But I rather reward a team who tried but came up short everytime with a good player than reward a team who didn't try with a good player.

You can't just assume the team with the worst record is tanking games. They just might be that bad.

j-bay
01-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Washington watch it be a magic repeat

Chill_Will_24
01-25-2011, 07:50 PM

Sorry but having teams tank games is not a good look no matter how badly they feel they deserve the top pick over another team. Sorry but if anything they should make a rule that prevents teams from having multiple trips to the lottery within a certain amount of years. I'm sick of seeing teams like Timberwolves, Kings, Nets, Clippers etc. getting all these top picks every year just cuz their management sucks and are greedy meanwhile good teams that only need a push to become contenders like the Hawks, Bobcats, Spurs, Hornets etc. and are doing their best to compete without shortcuts have no shot! Not fair!!! If Blake Griffin had gone to the Hornets they would probably be contenders! If Rose had gone to the Bobcats they would too! The league needs to stop rewarding incompetence and start rewarding the teams that are actually working hard to win the right way.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-25-2011, 07:50 PM
You can't just assume the team with the worst record is tanking games. They just might be that bad.

I never assumed a team tanking.

I assumed that most players on really bad teams basically give up during a long season causing them to lose games. So not really losing the game on purpose but the fact that they might not be giving 100%.

For example, the Wolves lost a lot of games with the lead in the 4th with like 2 minutes left. So they are showing they are trying. I rather give it to them than to a team who gets blown out everytime.

But for this draft, I'll make an exception and want the Cavs to win because they are the saddest thing in the world right now.

Chill_Will_24
01-25-2011, 07:57 PM
If Washington get the top pick or even a top 4 pick this coming draft I might lose all faith in the system. Seriously after having come out of nowhere to rob a 12w team of John Wall getting another top pick?! I would be happy for them but I would be so p***ed for my Nets. Lol that would be crazy!!! Karma should come into play and kick their *** on lottery night.

bigsams50
01-25-2011, 07:59 PM
I never assumed a team tanking.

I assumed that most players on really bad teams basically give up during a long season causing them to lose games. So not really losing the game on purpose but the fact that they might not be giving 100%.

For example, the Wolves lost a lot of games with the lead in the 4th with like 2 minutes left. So they are showing they are trying. I rather give it to them than to a team who gets blown out everytime.

But for this draft, I'll make an exception and want the Cavs to win because they are the saddest thing in the world right now.

Maybe that team gets blown out often because they just flat out suck? Like the Cavs this year, they are clearly the worst team in the league, and need the 1st pick

bigsams50
01-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Sorry but having teams tank games is not a good look no matter how badly they feel they deserve the top pick over another team. Sorry but if anything they should make a rule that prevents teams from having multiple trips to the lottery within a certain amount of years. I'm sick of seeing teams like Timberwolves, Kings, Nets, Clippers etc. getting all these top picks every year just cuz their management sucks and are greedy meanwhile good teams that only need a push to become contenders like the Hawks, Bobcats, Spurs, Hornets etc. and are doing their best to compete without shortcuts have no shot! Not fair!!! If Blake Griffin had gone to the Hornets they would probably be contenders! If Rose had gone to the Bobcats they would too! The league needs to stop rewarding incompetence and start rewarding the teams that are actually working hard to win the right way.

:drool:

But Rose and the Bulls are another example, they had the 9th worst record, how did they deserve the 1st overall pick?

Hawkeye15
01-25-2011, 08:03 PM
The Wolves will get it this season, seeing as they have been continually screwed and there isn't a consensus #1 pick in this draft in the slightest so far.

wait, the Wolves get the #1 pick? My bad, that is never happening.

Chill_Will_24
01-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Worst record gets a 25% chance to win it...

Then the rest if that 75% is divided between ALL teams in accordance to worst records... Not just the ones that missed the playoffs... That way teams like Philly that are only in the playoffs cuz the East sucks so bad have a shot too!

I know it's a stupid idea and probably wouldnt work for various reasons but something has to be changed cuz Griffin to LA stings me so bad! Almost as much as Wall to WAS...

Chill_Will_24
01-25-2011, 08:09 PM
:drool:

But Rose and the Bulls are another example, they had the 9th worst record, how did they deserve the 1st overall pick?

That one I'm not so fussed about cuz the Heat that year were obviously tanking so I'm glad they didn't get it. No disrespect by the way just sayin. However (again assuming the lottery is not fixed) there are definitely some things that should be changed.

ee
01-25-2011, 08:14 PM

But I rather reward a team who tried but came up short everytime with a good player than reward a team who didn't try with a good player.wIth this, good teams will keep getting better and bad teams keeps getting worst.... Not the best idea.... Bad teams gets a high pick to help them get better!

thekmp211
01-25-2011, 08:19 PM
we probably wont know until the draft lottery.

Hustlenomics
01-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Derrick Williams/Harrison Barnes

Chill_Will_24
01-25-2011, 08:28 PM
wIth this, good teams will keep getting better and bad teams keeps getting worst.... Not the best idea.... Bad teams gets a high pick to help them get better!

All that does is reward incompetent teams. Just cuz a team is in the playoffs doesn't make them good especially in the east. Why keep rewarding Minny and LAC with lottery picks when they are there year after year. That's like giving the beggar outside the liquor store change everytime he asks. Some of these teams are in the top of the lottery every year. Minny fans say they never get the top pick but they always get top 5 and thats amazing! How much more young talent can a team get!? After a while it's just greed and shortcuts! I guarantee you that if you gave a top team just one of Flynn, Love, Rubio, or Johnson they would be pushed over the top. It's not fair. After a while it's no longer on the NBA to keep rewarding your incompetence and for you to step up, hire the right coaches to develop your young talent, make good moves in FA, and play with some pride and purpose. I'm not nitpicking on the Wolves. They're just an obvious one. Same with the Clippers.

Hawkeye15
01-25-2011, 08:36 PM
All that does is reward incompetent teams. Just cuz a team is in the playoffs doesn't make them good especially in the east. Why keep rewarding Minny and LAC with lottery picks when they are there year after year. That's like giving the beggar outside the liquor store change everytime he asks. Some of these teams are in the top of the lottery every year. Minny fans say they never get the top pick but they always get top 5 and thats amazing! How much more young talent can a team get!? After a while it's just greed and shortcuts! I guarantee you that if you gave a top team just one of Flynn, Love, Rubio, or Johnson they would be pushed over the top. It's not fair. After a while it's no longer on the NBA to keep rewarding your incompetence and for you to step up, hire the right coaches to develop your young talent, make good moves in FA, and play with some pride and purpose. I'm not nitpicking on the Wolves. They're just an obvious one. Same with the Clippers.

The Wolves weren't in the lottery for years, so saying they are continually getting a top 5 pick is VERY short term memory. Since the KG trade, they have had to get rid of bloated deals, and continually get screwed over in the draft. Big difference between getting the #1, and the #3-7. Durant/Brewer, Wall/Johnson, Grffin/Rubio-Flynn. Those are huge differences. I can understand the Clippers being used as an example, they have gotten 3 #1 picks from what I can remember. But the Wolves always get that pick AFTER the consensus top guys. Thank god McFail got it right trading Mayo for Love.

abe_froman
01-25-2011, 08:36 PM

yeah,they tried that.houston kept tanking every year

Blazers#1Fan
01-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Teams I want to get it wolves,Nets,pacers,bobcats,clippers

Clippers get harrison barnes this years draft I bet if theyl got him that's the next team to rise in the west

Kaman
Griffin
Barnes
Gordon
Forgot there Pgs name and baron

JNA17
01-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Cavs just because how sad it is watching them play like this.

As for the lottery, I wish they would actually show the people doing the lottery. Like using one of those huge raffle wheels and select a team by doing that. Instead we get already sealed up envolopes of a team already selected where there will be of course a big controversy depending on which team gets the 1 pick (ala Rose and Ewing)

kjoke
01-25-2011, 08:50 PM
wolves better get a pg.

Chill_Will_24
01-25-2011, 08:55 PM
wolves better get a pg.

Is that sarcasm???

Hawkeye15
01-25-2011, 09:00 PM
wolves better get a pg.

got one coming over next summer from Spain. No need for a PG.

xxplayerxx23
01-25-2011, 09:02 PM
If the cavs dont get the number 1 pick Dan gilber is going to pay his lawyers to look into the league and see if there was Cheating. He will flip out on stern and curse him out. I hope the cavs get it they need it badly

JNA17
01-25-2011, 09:04 PM
wolves better get a pg.

They got Rubio coming over, they need a SG or a center.

kjoke
01-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Is that sarcasm???

just kidding guys

Gators123
01-25-2011, 09:05 PM

If they had a chance to get Kyrie Irving do you think the Wolves would pass him up?

JNA17
01-25-2011, 09:06 PM
If the cavs dont get the number 1 pick Dan gilber is going to pay his lawyers to look into the league and see if there was Cheating. He will flip out on stern and curse him out. I hope the cavs get it they need it badly

That will get him no where. Didn't Cuban or some other owner wanted to do the same thing when Lebron and Bosh joined the Heat? Nothing exactly happened. As for as I know anyway.

JNA17
01-25-2011, 09:07 PM
If they had a chance to get Kyrie Irving do you think the Wolves would pass him up?

Harrison Barnes, they would get :D

Hawkeye15
01-25-2011, 09:08 PM

if he was the highest ranked player on the board at their spot, they would pick him and trade him most likely, or move Rubio. Again, best player available if you have a high lottery pick, period

xxplayerxx23
01-25-2011, 09:10 PM
That will get him no where. Didn't Cuban or some other owner wanted to do the same thing when Lebron and Bosh joined the Heat? Nothing exactly happened. As for as I know anyway.

That was gilbert like 3 months after he spent mad money to see if they tampered and got no where i was joking lol I found it funny But Im not a funny guy so lol :)

Rex-Raptorz
01-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Harrison Barnes, they would get :D
They have Beasley why would they get his twin:facepalm:

smith&wesson
01-25-2011, 09:14 PM

hahaha, maybe stern should go back to school and do some geography.

toronto is 5th largest city in north america, first being new mexico city.
there for there are only 3 other teams in the nba with a larger market
LA, NY, CHI.

6 million + in population and always top 10 in attendance regarldless of the fact that our franchise probably has the least amount of play off wins then any other franchise history. Toronto is actually a very large market in comparison to most u.s cities.

our franchise makes alot of money if it didnt you would see it get moved like the grizlies were moved from vancouver which actually is a small market city in "basket ball terms"

Maybe stern doesnt know that? maybe stern does know that and maybe its just you that doesnt lol... im just saying.

dtmagnet
01-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Looks like the top 7 or so picks this year should be pretty good, hope the Raptors can draft Sullinger or Jones wherever they end up picking.

Rex-Raptorz
01-25-2011, 09:21 PM
hahaha, maybe stern should go back to school and do some geography.

toronto is 5th largest city in north america, first being new mexico city.
there for there are only 3 other teams in the nba with a larger market
LA, NY, CHI.

6 million + in population and always top 10 in attendance regarldless of the fact that our franchise probably has the least amount of play off wins then any other franchise history. Toronto is actually a very large market in comparison to most u.s cities.

our franchise makes alot of money if it didnt you would see it get moved like the grizlies were moved from vancouver which actually is a small market city in "basket ball terms"

Maybe stern doesnt know that? maybe stern does know that and maybe its just you that doesnt lol... im just saying.

Bingo!!:D :flag:

JNA17
01-25-2011, 09:23 PM
They have Beasley why would they get his twin:facepalm:

Have barnes play SG, why not? lol :p

JNA17
01-25-2011, 09:28 PM
That was gilbert like 3 months after he spent mad money to see if they tampered and got no where i was joking lol I found it funny But Im not a funny guy so lol :)

Oh right. But no that would actually still be entertaining to see. It's just there needs to be more owners to ask for an investigation then 1. As the saying goes, if one cant do it, many can achieve :D.

xxplayerxx23
01-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Oh right. But no that would actually still be entertaining to see. It's just there needs to be more owners to ask for an investigation then 1. As the saying goes, if one cant do it, many can achieve :D.

lol I would call for an investigation If the lakers got the number 1 pick lmao :speechless: :D

JNA17
01-25-2011, 09:36 PM
lol I would call for an investigation If the lakers got the number 1 pick lmao :speechless: :D

Fans including myself would jizz in their pants if that happened :p.

Yet little did they know that If something like that were to happen, next day there really would be a lockout. :(

xxplayerxx23
01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Fans including myself would jizz in their pants if that happened :p.

Yet little did they know that If something like that were to happen, next day there really would be a lockout. :(

That would def happen lmao :D

kobebabe
01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
For those of you who think the team with the worst record should get the number 1 pick by default, that should never happen. It would encourage teams to tank games if a great prospect shows up. It also takes away fairness for those teams who try so hard but just can't get over the hump.

QSN for you guys: If a team wins a back to back # 1 pick, would it be allowed to pick # 1 or should they re-draw? Say like washington wins it again this yr. would that be fair?

JNA17
01-25-2011, 09:43 PM
For those of you who think the team with the worst record should get the number 1 pick by default, that should never happen. It would encourage teams to tank games if a great prospect shows up. It also takes away fairness for those teams who try so hard but just can't get over the hump.

QSN for you guys: If a team wins a back to back # 1 pick, would it be allowed to pick # 1 or should they re-draw? Say like washington wins it again this yr. would that be fair?

I'm mixed with the draft myself and I agree with the points u made however, look at the NFL for example, seems not many people are against them are they?

chitown4eva88
01-25-2011, 09:57 PM
I am hoping the Bulls with the bobcats pick

JNA17
01-25-2011, 10:09 PM
I am hoping the Bulls with the bobcats pick

First you take Derrick rose now you want singular, barnes or Seth curry? WTF MAN!? :p

Mishmin
01-25-2011, 10:14 PM
I hope the wolves get it, but they'll probably still mess it up, and then the spurs will pick up someone filthy in the second round.

Chi StateOfMind
01-26-2011, 02:23 AM
how nasty would that be if bulls won again

Baller1
01-26-2011, 02:32 AM
The lottery used to be my NBA Finals the past few years... Seeing the Sonics logo as the #2 pick was one of the happiest days of my life.

Baller1
01-26-2011, 02:34 AM
If the Bulls were to get it again, I'd stop watching Stern's pathetic league. Just sayin'.

abe_froman
01-26-2011, 02:37 AM
how nasty would that be if bulls won again

that would be horrible.it'd be we wouldnt win a game again this season

alencp3
01-26-2011, 05:31 AM
Enter Enes Kanter the Turkish Shaq

abe_froman
01-26-2011, 05:37 AM
Enter Enes Kanter the Turkish Shaq

number 1? naw.he'll go top 10 but not top 3

Chi StateOfMind