PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams growing unhappy in Utah

nolafan33
01-25-2011, 06:05 PM
But is Utah as good defensively as it used to be? And does this team have the luxury of working all those new players in? “Not really,” Williams said. “My contract’s up in two years. It’s a now or never situation. I don’t know what I’m going to do after this one.”

Williams said that a much-changed Jazz squad had a “better mesh of guys” in 2009-10, longing for the days when ex-Utah guards Wesley Matthews and Kyle Korver could command attention and respect from opposing defenses, in turn stretching the floor and balancing out the team’s offensive attack. And Williams again pointed out the Jazz’s inability to run Sloan’s offense like it needs to be executed, as everything from Utah’s poor floor spacing and timing to the simple inability to set hard screens has prevented his team from “flowing.”

“We’re trying to run half of a system and then half just freelance,” Williams said. “We can’t do that. We’re not the Phoenix Suns. We’re not the New York Knicks. We’re not just coming out here and playing one-on-one. But that’s what’s happening. Things are breaking down and we’re going one-on-one the last five seconds of a shot clock.”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/01/deron-williams-growing-increasingly-unhappy/

How many young "stars" can be unhappy?

xabial
01-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Start the "Deron going to the Knicks" Rumors in 3.......2.......1........

John Walls Era
Does he want to play on the Heat. I know him and Bosh are both from Dallas (he wasn't born there... but was there when he was small).

superkegger
Unhappy perhaps, but he seems willing to stick it out, thus far. He seems willing to give the team the two years he has left there to right the ship.

haggis
01-25-2011, 06:10 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

another one?

asandhu23
01-25-2011, 06:10 PM

or Bulls or Heat or Lakers..... never any bad team. always a good team.

Chi StateOfMind
01-25-2011, 06:12 PM
we got rose but hell deron at the point rose at the 2 lol that would be scary

Raps08-09 Champ
01-25-2011, 06:13 PM

Take out the Bulls on that list.

Derrick Rose is a god to Bulls fans.

SteBO
01-25-2011, 06:13 PM
So this is wat it has come down to, huh? :facepalm:

jimbobjarree
01-25-2011, 06:14 PM
the team have lost 4 straight and looked awful. Who would be happy in that current situation?

Utah will turn it around, and this will all go away. Just wish it would be sooner rather than later before these whispers of him leaving get louder.

kblo247
01-25-2011, 06:16 PM
2 years from now Deron would look good in LA. He can be coached by Fish, and Kobe may even let him wear 8. :p

210Don
01-25-2011, 06:18 PM
wow...... dwill & melo in denver? that be great

quepasa21
01-25-2011, 06:19 PM
knicks lineup in 2012
pg-deron williams
sg-carmelo anthony
sf-danilo gaillinari
pf-amare stoudemire
c- ??????
thats not even fair for the rest of the nba

iggypop123
jazz are becoming the new mavs. win but thats about it once the playoffs come

GodsSon
He would excel in Toronto

bahama0811
01-25-2011, 06:20 PM
wow...... dwill & melo in denver? that be great

Yep, that would be great. Too bad neither of them will be in Denver.

John Walls Era
01-25-2011, 06:21 PM

He would. But he would excel in any location. Best PG!

John Walls Era
01-25-2011, 06:22 PM
So this is wat it has come down to, huh? :facepalm:

Lebron started it. Which is why I like Lebron now.

CB29
01-25-2011, 06:23 PM
the nba needs to negotiate something in the new agreement about this stuff... players have way too much control in the process and make a lot of respectable organizations look stupid... I think players need to be fined about this stuff. If you have problems take em out on management but does everyone have to go public... I'm not singling out deron but its not fair to a fan base to have to go through such a process every time a players needs aren't met...

mttwlsn16
01-25-2011, 06:25 PM
take him in clipperland :D

jimbobjarree
01-25-2011, 06:28 PM
the nba needs to negotiate something in the new agreement about this stuff... players have way too much control in the process and make a lot of respectable organizations look stupid... I think players need to be fined about this stuff. If you have problems take em out on management but does everyone have to go public... I'm not singling out deron but its not fair to a fan base to have to go through such a process every time a players needs aren't met...

to be fair, he never says anything about leaving. Just that we've been terrible, and that his contract runs out in 2 years. Both being facts.

He's just putting pressure on our GM to strengthen the team, which we desperately need. Bring in some guys like a Korver or a Matthews that would help ease the pressure off deron, and made us a more fluid team or he'll keep reminding everyone that his contract runs out soon.

SteBO
01-25-2011, 06:30 PM
are u ****ing serious? your 3 little pigs started this trend. you scared someones gonna come in and build a better 3some or something? i wouldnt be, you wont beat the celtics anyways lol
Just because they're on my favorite team, doesn't mean i appreciate what 'Bron and Bosh did coming here, regarding how it was handled and such. Second of all, noone is topping miami's big three. And lastly,............

You aren't the first one to say we won't beat Boston. Hell, I'm not too sure we can beat them playoffs either. So if you were trying to bait me, FAIL! ;)

asandhu23
01-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Take out the Bulls on that list.

Derrick Rose is a god to Bulls fans.

nah... they will still put up " he will look good in a Bulls jersey"

thebet
01-25-2011, 06:34 PM
he will look good in a bulls jersey

pistonsfanomg
01-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Deron Williams to the Clippers ftw

superkegger
01-25-2011, 06:35 PM
i bet he'd look good in a bulls jersey

smith&wesson
01-25-2011, 06:36 PM
I can see dwill and blake griffen being a dangerous duo for the clips.

i would love him in toronto as well but thats a pipe dream.

Mudvayne91
01-25-2011, 06:40 PM
This is what the NBA is turned into....

KG2TB
01-25-2011, 06:41 PM
D Will
Gordon
Someone
Griffin
Kaman\Jordan

Would not be fun to play against.

Geargo Wallace
01-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Rondo>Deron... I joke

MiKE-THE-FUTURE
01-25-2011, 06:46 PM
knicks lineup in 2012
pg-deron williams
sg-carmelo anthony
sf-danilo gaillinari
pf-amare stoudemire
c- ??????

Change Gallo with Chandler and Then they'll be set

MiKE-THE-FUTURE
01-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Rondo>Deron... I joke

...The hand is big as hell...
HE GOT KNOCK THE **** OUT
LMAO

MagicBucsSox
01-25-2011, 06:50 PM
he shouldve never signed that ext, the idiot, did he really think the jazz was gonna win something?

210Don
01-25-2011, 06:52 PM
im sure jerry sloan isn't happy about this

ManRam
01-25-2011, 06:58 PM
I think the league needs to contract to like 6-8 teams to please all these players who are sick of playing on good, but not top 1 teams year in and year out. It's going to be the super-team generation either way...

But I understand his frustration...the team has been stuck in the same place for a while now...and them taking the next step doesn't seem to probable.

Confusious
01-25-2011, 07:01 PM
This sucks for Utah.

xabial
01-25-2011, 07:02 PM
jazz are becoming the new mavs. win but thats about it once the playoffs come

idk if its just me but i feel like the Mavs, have the ability to go deeper then utah

Confusious
01-25-2011, 07:03 PM
knicks lineup in 2012
pg-deron williams
sg-carmelo anthony
sf-danilo gaillinari
pf-amare stoudemire
c- ??????
Wait, aren't you missing LeBron James, Chris Paul, etc.

What? No Dwight Howard? You're lowering your own standards of insanity.

D Roses Bulls
01-25-2011, 07:03 PM
deron williams to the magic :drool: him and howard would be the best one-two punch in the NBA

Geargo Wallace
01-25-2011, 07:04 PM
...The hand is big as hell...
HE GOT KNOCK THE **** OUT
LMAO

LOL the funny thing is that "You got knocked the **** out" was my last sig

arkanian215
01-25-2011, 07:05 PM
lol... they lost to the Wizards, Nets and 76ers in the last 4. He should be mad.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-25-2011, 07:07 PM
The NBA might as well contract down to 8 teams

jimbobjarree
01-25-2011, 07:08 PM
I think the league needs to contract to like 6-8 teams to please all these players who are sick of playing on good, but not top 1 teams year in and year out. It's going to be the super-team generation either way...

But I understand his frustration...the team has been stuck in the same place for a while now...and them taking the next step doesn't seem to probable.

Our management have had their hands tied by AK's gigantic contract. That thing has ruined what could have been a golden age for Jazz basketball by tying our hands financially, and preventing us from strengthening. The only ways in which we have improved, since we cant sign free agents, and never draft in the top 20 (bar last season) is by picking up 2nd round/undrafted gems.

For the price of ak47 (18m) this season you could almost get all the other wings we had last season in CJ Miles (3.7), Korver (5m), Matthews (5.7m), Brewer (4.7m).

The light at the end of the tunnel on this situation however is that AK expires this season, next season our cap will be much more favorable along with the asset of a huge expiring in Memo, and the possibility of being able to use our full MLE for the first time in agessss without worrying about the luxury tax. And the possibility of getting our stud european center over from Madrid, Ante Tomic.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-25-2011, 07:11 PM

noone wants to play for a bad team anymore

netsgiantsyanks
01-25-2011, 07:11 PM
he'll shock everybody and turn to ice skating.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-25-2011, 07:14 PM
i bet he'd look good in a bulls jersey

John Walls Era
01-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Trust me... Deron is trying to spark his team. I think hes too loyal to jump ship unless the Jazz really stink it up (missing playoffs). I still think they're a good team.

metsfanssince05
01-25-2011, 07:15 PM
the nba sucks (even though I love it lol). every superstar players wants to leave all of there teams.. Its kind of a joke now.. Watch Griffin is going to leave his team, join up with John Wall some were. Pathetic. the NBA is ruined. And the fact that every single player is all buddies is a joke, I remember when everyone talked ****, brawls. They really need to be like the NHL.

Il Mago 7
01-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeeee To The Raptors :) Best PG Since Damon

FinsSuperBowl
01-25-2011, 07:32 PM
he would look good in a timberwolves jersey lol or maybe even sacramento. This makes me sick. Thats like all the empoyees from Sprint, and Verizon saying they want to leave and go to AT&T. They get paid all this money to b**** and complain.

MagicBucsSox
01-25-2011, 07:36 PM
^ why would he go to a worse team with crap to trade for him

NYY 26 to 7
01-25-2011, 07:36 PM
YES!! This is what I've been waiting for finally someone who is unhappy with their current situation that we can start endless speculation of teams he wants to go to or might go to. Why has no one done this before?

One day someone will out do LeBron and just have no just a whole reality series on this. Oh Bosh and Wade tried that and paid to have cameras follow them for a month or more and tried to sell it? Man the NBA is getting fun!

MagicBucsSox
01-25-2011, 07:38 PM
i like it, think of all the great players who never got a real shot to win ,stuck on bum teams

Dol-Fan
01-25-2011, 07:42 PM
the nba sucks (even though I love it lol). every superstar players wants to leave all of there teams.. Its kind of a joke now.. Watch Griffin is going to leave his team, join up with John Wall some were. Pathetic. the NBA is ruined. And the fact that every single player is all buddies is a joke, I remember when everyone talked ****, brawls. They really need to be like the NHL.

Well said. The NBA is only good for its entertainment value these days, and this is one of the many reasons why it can't be taken seriously.

It feels like every day I come on here and a new superstar wants to leave his team for one of the best teams in the league.

Teeboy1487
01-25-2011, 07:58 PM

Your sig is hilarious man :laugh2:.

zn23
01-25-2011, 08:04 PM
What a whiner.. Chris Paul has a waay worse roster than Deron Williams and you don't hear peep from him. Its not like the Jazz are that bad even...

Lo Porto
01-25-2011, 08:17 PM
As a Jazz fan, I'm realistic enough to know that trading Deron before the deadline this year will get us more value and save the headaches of waiting until next year. He is our star, but I don't think he's going to stay after next season. Utah is not the type franchise who can stand to lose Deron for nothing. So let the bidding begin...

Bucsfan
01-25-2011, 08:25 PM
i like it, think of all the great players who never got a real shot to win ,stuck on bum teams

your seriously a idiot! since when are the jazz a bum team? last time i checked they are one of the most well managed and consistent teams in the past 20 years

its called pride, the team that took you in and your just going to burn them? the jazz are small market but they have still tried some things to help out but they have failed

we all hate dwill being a whiny baby, but if we get a good win or two down he will smile and start having fun again, nobody on the jazz is having fun right now

thekmp211
01-25-2011, 08:27 PM
What a whiner.. Chris Paul has a waay worse roster than Deron Williams and you don't hear peep from him. Its not like the Jazz are that bad even...

...remember the old trade demand fiasco preceding the season?

utah is a decent team with some assets. the franchise just doesn't take big chances with regards to rosters and salaries.

Meatmypet
01-25-2011, 08:42 PM
CP3 > Deron. I'll take Deron if CP3 doesnt leave for the Knicks. :P

JNA17
01-25-2011, 09:16 PM
The entire lakers organization including players like Kobe and fisher love deron. I would not be surprised during his contract year or trade rumors start to pop up with him and lakers try and go after him hard. As far fetched as that sounds to some other fans.

Bucsfan
01-25-2011, 09:18 PM
trade rumors are going to happen regardless of what is actually happening, its called media

LTBaByyy
01-25-2011, 09:24 PM
He is from Texas :)

Cubannnnnnn

dtmagnet
01-25-2011, 09:24 PM

Chris Paul requested a trade in the summertime and made it public, don't sing Carlton's praises too quickly.

Sadds The Gr8
01-25-2011, 09:25 PM
come to Toronto son

sunsfan88
01-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Trading him away would be the stupidest thing Utah can do right now.

They just need to find more talent. Outside of Williams, & Jefferson, they don't have any "elite" scorers or players.

LTBaByyy
01-25-2011, 09:35 PM
He should be unhappy, they let go all of their role players plus boozer on top of that

Ironman5219
01-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Forget it everyone, he's staying in Utah. He's frustrated with the current losing streak, and wants the Jazz to make some moves to get better. He will stay and retire as a member of the Utah Jazz. Keep dreaming....

JNA17
01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Forget it everyone, he's staying in Utah. He's frustrated with the current losing streak, and wants the Jazz to make some moves to get better. He will stay and retire as a member of the Utah Jazz. Keep dreaming....

Not that I disagree with this cause that is the most likely scenario but same was said for Lebron just a couple of years ago...never say never as i always say :D

Bucsfan
01-25-2011, 09:40 PM
come to Toronto son

right cause he would leave the perennial playoff team for perennial non playoff team, that would make tons of sense

Trading him away would be the stupidest thing Utah can do right now.

They just need to find more talent. Outside of Williams, & Jefferson, they don't have any "elite" scorers or players.

how about Millsap? he may not be elite but he can score, he has been hurt lately but dont forget he put up 46 against the heat earlier this season

the jazz need a defensive center and a solid SG and then we might start making some real progress

sunsfan88
01-25-2011, 09:40 PM
But is Utah as good defensively as it used to be? And does this team have the luxury of working all those new players in? “Not really,” Williams said. “My contract’s up in two years. It’s a now or never situation. I don’t know what I’m going to do after this one.”

Williams said that a much-changed Jazz squad had a “better mesh of guys” in 2009-10, longing for the days when ex-Utah guards Wesley Matthews and Kyle Korver could command attention and respect from opposing defenses, in turn stretching the floor and balancing out the team’s offensive attack. And Williams again pointed out the Jazz’s inability to run Sloan’s offense like it needs to be executed, as everything from Utah’s poor floor spacing and timing to the simple inability to set hard screens has prevented his team from “flowing.”

“We’re trying to run half of a system and then half just freelance,” Williams said. “We can’t do that. We’re not the Phoenix Suns. We’re not the New York Knicks. We’re not just coming out here and playing one-on-one. But that’s what’s happening. Things are breaking down and we’re going one-on-one the last five seconds of a shot clock.”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/01/deron-williams-growing-increasingly-unhappy/

How many young "stars" can be unhappy?
If he is intending to say he wants to be a Sun, then we'll be more than happy to trade our whole team for him :D

Bucsfan
01-25-2011, 09:41 PM
He should be unhappy, they let go all of their role players plus boozer on top of that

I dont think he really cared that boozer left honestly, i think he was happy with jefferson coming in

matthews does sting, but that stings everybody from the jazz players to the fans and the FO

Bucsfan
01-25-2011, 09:42 PM
If he is intending to say he wants to be a Sun, then we'll be more than happy to trade our whole team for him :D

yeah i dont think that is what he was saying, once again just like the raptors fan, why would he leave the jazz for a team that gets to the playoffs less than the jazz?

it pains me to say it but if he left i think cuban would be targeting him the most

MagicBucsSox
01-25-2011, 09:51 PM
your seriously a idiot! since when are the jazz a bum team? last time i checked they are one of the most well managed and consistent teams in the past 20 years

its called pride, the team that took you in and your just going to burn them? the jazz are small market but they have still tried some things to help out but they have failed

we all hate dwill being a whiny baby, but if we get a good win or two down he will smile and start having fun again, nobody on the jazz is having fun right now

dude he's only on the jazz b/c the Hawks were dumb to draft Marvin Williams over him and paul so lets not sit back and act like they discovered some undrafted rookie. lmao

the jazz were never title contenders while Deron is there,does he not have a right to leave? how many jobs have you had? well your first job "took you in" right?

and at the end of the day why would a young man from Dallas wanna spend his career in "UTAH" any further and the teams not getting no closer to a title

ragee
01-25-2011, 09:53 PM
take him in clipperland :D

Hell yeah!!! If that happens, I am going back to LA! Hahahaha

Bucsfan
01-25-2011, 09:55 PM
dude he's only on the jazz b/c the Hawks were dumb to draft Marvin Williams over him and paul so lets not sit back and act like they discovered some undrafted rookie. lmao

the jazz were never title contenders while Deron is there,does he not have a right to leave? how many jobs have you had? well your first job "took you in" right?

and at the end of the day why would a young man from Dallas wanna spend his career in "UTAH" any further and the teams not getting ANY closer to a title

im sure me and the entire world would appreciate it if you never posted again, you know nothing inside your tiny little ignorant world, you think you have intelligent thoughts, but you dont

and ironically i have worked at the same company since i was 17 (9 years now), and the jazz know nothing but loyalty, its called malone and stockton derrrrrr

xxplayerxx23
01-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Williams to toronto Called it first lmao :p

Sixerlover
01-25-2011, 09:58 PM
ZOMG Williams pleasee come to *insert favorite team here*

MagicBucsSox
01-25-2011, 10:01 PM
im sure me and the entire world would appreciate it if you never posted again, you know nothing inside your tiny little ignorant world, you think you have intelligent thoughts, but you dont

and ironically i have worked at the same company since i was 17 (9 years now), and the jazz know nothing but loyalty, its called malone and stockton derrrrrr

and you dont think you have the right to leave your job a burger king? you do bro, you can go to a job if you choose.

and loyalty? Malone left to win a title with the Lakers bro lol , get a clue kid. Utah has wasted enough of his career

zambo4president
01-25-2011, 10:05 PM
I could see him in Orlando or Atlanta.

Bucsfan
01-25-2011, 10:07 PM
and you dont think you have the right to leave your job a burger king? you do bro, you can go to a job if you choose.

and loyalty? Malone left to win a title with the Lakers bro lol , get a clue kid. Utah has wasted enough of his career

whoa good comeback bro! at least im not living off welfare!

yeah and malone failed, and he did it at the end of his career, he didnt leave when he was 27 so i dont see your point

Knickfan78
01-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Heard Dallas is a possibility for him next year.

Wouldn't mind him on the Knicks, loving Felton right now, but he's no D. Will

bbcmillionaire
01-25-2011, 10:09 PM
I see utah getting him some help real soon,

MagicBucsSox
01-25-2011, 10:15 PM
whoa good comeback bro! at least im not living off welfare!

yeah and malone failed, and he did it at the end of his career, he didnt leave when he was 27 so i dont see your point

point is if Malone eventually left , it's obviously been on his mind. Utah is a dead end. like my Magic. Deron wants to contend, not just win games.

Calling him not loyal is an insult. the guy played his butt off for Utah. .............. get over it

jimbobjarree
01-25-2011, 10:19 PM
ZOMG Williams pleasee come to *insert favorite team here*

your forgetting the customary LMAO! at the end, like the poster is sad enough to find his own post funny. Like the idiot that posted before you for example.

Hawkeye15
01-25-2011, 10:29 PM
I don't feel like reading the last 6 pages, but the Jazz are not trading him, and Deron is simply speaking out of frustration from a tough stretch. Telling management that you want help publically is very common, and that is all thats going on. The Jazz will win 50 games, be in the playoffs, continue to adjust as AK47 comes off the books, and Utah can explore trading Okur's expiring over the summer. Deron will be in a Jazz uniform a long time I would guess. He is simply speaking out of frustration during a current losing streak. Nothing new there.

goose15
01-25-2011, 10:42 PM
stay in Utah.. unless you wanna play for the Knicks.

Hunter48MVP
01-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Deron Williams is a perfect fit for the Mavericks

jimbobjarree
01-25-2011, 10:50 PM
I don't feel like reading the last 6 pages, but the Jazz are not trading him, and Deron is simply speaking out of frustration from a tough stretch. Telling management that you want help publically is very common, and that is all thats going on. The Jazz will win 50 games, be in the playoffs, continue to adjust as AK47 comes off the books, and Utah can explore trading Okur's expiring over the summer. Deron will be in a Jazz uniform a long time I would guess. He is simply speaking out of frustration during a current losing streak. Nothing new there.

finally someone with sense. You have restored my faith that the nba forum does contain a glimmer of intelligence.

LTBaByyy
01-25-2011, 10:51 PM
He is from Dallas, Tx!!!! Come home D Will

Dirk will be the perfect pick and role partner I promise

SouthSideRookie
01-25-2011, 10:52 PM
He is from Dallas, Tx!!!! Come home D Will

Dirk will be the perfect pick and role partner I promise

Just like Bosh huh. Besides, im sure Deron wants to win big.

Hawkeye15
01-25-2011, 10:53 PM
finally someone with sense. You have restored my faith that the nba forum does contain a glimmer of intelligence.

I was at a game with Joshtd1 when you texted him to tell me to stop riding Paul's wand hahaha.

But what I said is true. When a player makes a comment like that, why does the media and fans have to run with it? Deron has been a perfect model of a player for a franchise his whole career, and his team has paid him as such. He aint leaving

LTBaByyy
01-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Just like Bosh huh. Besides, im sure Deron wants to win big.

We never wanted Bosh though, bc we have Dirk

We wanted Lebron, Now D Will is on a different level than Bosh

We will finally have our Superstar #2 option!!! :)

Come Home

dodie53
01-25-2011, 11:41 PM
go get him suns

Denver-boy
01-25-2011, 11:49 PM
I think we should call Franchise Tagging in The NBA "Lebron Tagging" lets face it, stars werent this crazy to get together with other stars til Lebron started the trio in Miami, now every young star wants to do it, Stern we gotta problem here!!

Robbw241
01-25-2011, 11:55 PM
ZOMG Williams pleasee come to the NETS LMAO!

0nekhmer
01-25-2011, 11:58 PM
ever since boozer left, i've been waiting for him to speak up. i bet he's going to orlando.
teams like bulls, knicks, celtics, spurs, mavs, have their PG's, and he wouldnt and he'd be a stacker if he joined mia or la

el_primo_nano
01-26-2011, 12:13 AM

haha, HELL YES!! My fave PG in my team, i will sign up for that any day of the week. :D

MiKE-THE-FUTURE
01-26-2011, 12:16 AM
Ya know how ya get a feeling something is gonna happen...And it really happens....
I got a feeling if Orlando doesn't get far this year...they'll definitely will be after him ...
And other teams like L.A, Knicks would be after him

jim51990
01-26-2011, 12:19 AM
i think he should go home to dallas.
deron is my favorite player in the league and him on a team like dallas would really showcase how he is the best pg and a top 5 player in the league

hgtiger32
01-26-2011, 01:10 AM
Possilbe teams

Mavs- thats where he's from I guess

Magic- team up with Dwight and become rivals with the Heat

Blazers- play with old teammate Matthews, maybe Oden stays healthy, Aldridge is a good center, and maybe B-Roy could excel in a 6th man role with fewer mins?

Suns- this will be my shot in the dark. Suns might be able to get some real good young players thru the draft, and maybe Williams follows in Nash's footsteps

Hawks- idk if they'd have the $ to sign him, but a lineup of Williams, Johnson, Smith, and Horford sounds nice

T-Wolves- Ill also add them. Maybe him and Love could team up and be like Boozer. They have some nice wing players too, I'm just thinking of 2-3 years down the road

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-26-2011, 01:30 AM

(just in case anyone missed that)

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-26-2011, 01:48 AM
This thread is like that Wade commercial where he gets trapped in the bathroom.

jimbobjarree
01-26-2011, 02:00 AM
I was at a game with Joshtd1 when you texted him to tell me to stop riding Paul's wand hahaha.

But what I said is true. When a player makes a comment like that, why does the media and fans have to run with it? Deron has been a perfect model of a player for a franchise his whole career, and his team has paid him as such. He aint leaving

haha I know, he was too scared to do it at first, but I'm proud he manned up and said it.

and I know. I just want to see us win again, this skid is killing me

OT Thriller
01-26-2011, 02:19 AM
Deron Williams + Carmelo Anthony + Chris Paul + Marc Gasol + Tuxedo Shirt wearing Jesus = 2011 additions to the New York Knicks

MagicBucsSox
01-26-2011, 02:21 AM
lmao dallas is nothing but utah dude

BucktownUSA
01-26-2011, 02:27 AM
he was looking pretty pissed off during the lakers game

Baller1
01-26-2011, 02:29 AM
Half of me wants him out of Utah because he's so good, and the other half wants him to stay because the Utah/OKC rivalry is starting to get pretty good.

But it doesn't matter, Deron isn't going anywhere. One win and all this will disappear.

basketballer122
01-26-2011, 02:30 AM
he will go to knicks
im sure

Baller1
01-26-2011, 02:36 AM
I can't believe people are actually taking this so seriously...

mttwlsn16
01-26-2011, 02:43 AM
Just because they're on my favorite team, doesn't mean i appreciate what 'Bron and Bosh did coming here, regarding how it was handled and such. Second of all, noone is topping miami's big three. And lastly,............

You aren't the first one to say we won't beat Boston. Hell, I'm not too sure we can beat them playoffs either. So if you were trying to bait me, FAIL! ;)

nah cuz as a lifelong clipper fan i dont really have any leverage in **** talking lol...but u just made it sound that way. i like wade dont get me wrong, i just have always hated LBJ since he entered the league and hope the guy never gets a ring. He is the true definition of a POS imo

LTBaByyy
01-26-2011, 03:01 AM
lmao dallas is nothing but utah dude

He LIVES in Dallas what dont you get about that?

Why do you think Carmelo wants to go home?

Thats why the only place you heard in rumors (not psd threads) have Dallas Mavs in them pertaining D Will

Whats so bad about me wanting him to come to Dallas?

Get over yourself acting like the Mavs arent good, I can understand if you were a Bulls, Lakers or Spurs fan or even Heat but your a Magic fan?

The Mavs have had more franchise success than yall!!

MagicBucsSox
01-26-2011, 04:38 AM

Thats why the only place you heard in rumors (not psd threads) have Dallas Mavs in them pertaining D Will

Get over yourself acting like the Mavs arent good, I can understand if you were a Bulls, Lakers or Spurs fan or even Heat but your a Magic fan?

you sure shut me up with your +1 finals win, but of you wanna go therem well we've been the 2x, ECF 3x, and at the end of the day we're on the rise, Dallas is on the same level as your atl,utah,okc, etc etc

jimbobjarree
01-26-2011, 05:01 AM

I'm pretty sure Deron lives in Utah over the offseason with his wife and kids. Says its a great place to bring up your kids, and likes it for its golf courses. Dont know where your getting this Dallas stuff from, apart from him going to high school there, but feel free to enlighten me if you have anything to prove otherwise.

And I dont think the majority of his family lives there, I remember he was excused from playing one time because of a death in the family, and he went to west virginia (not dallas) to see his family and attend the funeral.

Dallas will also have an old and decrepid team when Deron becomes a free agent, a 34 year old Dirk, 34 year old Marion and a 33 year old Haywood being his supporting cast. They already 40 million on the books for that offseason, with the cap likely to shrink and extensions to Chandler, Butler and Terry inevitable.

While the Jazz will have Millsap, Jefferson, Hayward, Miles, Tomic on board, all of which are Deron's age or younger, with roughly 29 million coming off the books in memo/ak by then.

The only reason for him to choose Dallas over Utah IMO is the owner, and his willingness to spend and make trades to be successful (despite this, they still havnt done anything). And the chance to play in a slightly larger market, but Deron has never shown any interest in gaining more exposure in the past. Basketball-wise going to Dallas makes 0 sense for him. The team I'm most wary of is the Clippers getting him, but Baron's $15 million player option could harm their chances.

thaShady
01-26-2011, 05:20 AM

where were you all summer?

xabial
01-26-2011, 06:05 AM
Deron>Cp3

BALLER R
01-26-2011, 07:32 AM

you had a good thing going until you said that

BALLER R
01-26-2011, 07:43 AM

i think rule changes is the reason for his...i bet if players could taunt pose or talk trash after a dunk or block then players would answer back and go hard at them then you would see some rivaries...come on let there be a brawl every now and then i wouldnt complain

Antipod
01-26-2011, 08:22 AM
I don`t buy it .. i see playing his best years in Utah.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2011, 09:13 AM
haha I know, he was too scared to do it at first, but I'm proud he manned up and said it.

and I know. I just want to see us win again, this skid is killing me

be a Wolves fan son, they are killin me right now. Win a freakin game already

SteBO
01-26-2011, 09:17 AM
you had a good thing going until you said that
I meant in terms of trio's and realistically as well. You tell me which trio in the NBA right now is better than Miami's.

The Jokemaker
01-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Let's just contract the league to 5 teams and put all the superstars on every team and have it be that. This is just getting ridiculous with everyone being "unhappy"

The Jokemaker
01-26-2011, 10:41 AM
I meant in terms of trio's and realistically as well. You tell me which trio in the NBA right now is better than Miami's.

KG, Pierce, Allen/Rondo. They have the better record...

Weezy
01-26-2011, 10:45 AM
I think Deron will stay but I would not be surprised if he does leave.....the game is changing these days.

king4day
01-26-2011, 11:05 AM
That's all it is though. He's just venting. These are fixes that can be done through trade and Free Agency using the MLE. There's plenty of good shooters out there. I don't sense he's looking to get out though.

If he did, I'd love for Phoenix to snatch him up. Miami and New York, by that time, likely won't have the cap space for him.

NYY09
01-26-2011, 11:13 AM
This whole "unhappy" thing is getting old, fast.

Hugbees
01-26-2011, 11:18 AM
slamonline sucks.. tries to grab at stuff that just isn't there.

Pistol_Pete
01-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Well he's certainly not going to the Bulls. And he's not going to the Hornets as long as Paul is there. He's probably not going to Boston with Rondo there. And he's definitely not going to the HEAT, he's going to most likely be looking for a max contract and they could likely only offer minimums, even in two years.

If he could get the same amount of money playing on a team equal or better to the Jazz, why wouldn't he? I'm sure under that criteria, he'd be more than happy to go to NY/LA or another larger market like Philly or Dallas etc...

MiKE-THE-FUTURE
01-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Deron Williams + Carmelo Anthony + Chris Paul + Marc Gasol + Tuxedo Shirt wearing Jesus = 2011 additions to the New York Knicks

Why do ya need two PG?

SteBO
01-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Injurues has a lot to do with that, bt KG was hurt before also, so that's kinda moot. I only disclude them because it diminishes Rondo. Boston has a fantastic four, not just a big three.

ATX
01-26-2011, 12:05 PM

Better record is due to the fact that Boston has a better "Team" overall, is deeper and has played as a core unit for over three years now. Stebo was talking about the best "Big 3" in the league. Miami's Big 3 (Only) is better than Boston's, though Boston has the better team. If Miami was given the years that Boston has had to gel together and add the necessary pieces as they have, Miami could be as good as Boston is now, and probably will be even better. Miami's Big 3 consists of 2 of the top 3 players in the world. He was right. No one tops that in terms of the best three players on any given team.

Anyways, I really hope Deron stays in Utah. They have a good thing going there with Milsap, Jefferson and Sloan as HC, and once the Lakers start to diminish, Utah and teams such as OKC will be right there competing to win the West.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-26-2011, 12:16 PM
LOLOL!!! :laugh:

Lo Porto
01-26-2011, 12:29 PM
I think the new CBA might have franchise tags in it. That would stop all this complaining really quickly.

SteBO
01-26-2011, 12:42 PM
I think the new CBA might have franchise tags in it. That would stop all this complaining really quickly.

What exactly do franchise tags do?

Hawkeye15
01-26-2011, 01:25 PM
What exactly do franchise tags do?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchise_tag

Raph12
01-26-2011, 01:32 PM
DWill to ORLANDO!

SteBO
01-26-2011, 01:36 PM
DWill to ORLANDO!
Won't be able to afford him.

Dade County
01-26-2011, 04:42 PM

Are you trying to say, he should go to a bad team? I really hope not!

:facepalm::facepalm:

Avenged
01-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Seemed like he was purposefully trying to get kicked out of last night's game.. The Jazz recent struggles are frustrating him, and it doesn't help that they have to face the Spurs tonight.

jimbobjarree
01-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Seemed like he was purposefully trying to get kicked out of last night's game.. The Jazz recent struggles are frustrating him, and it doesn't help that they have to face the Spurs tonight.

you saw first hand last night how D Will's attitude, and performances are a factor into why we're sucking. Soon as he starts taking responsibility for his part in our recent skid, is when we can finally move forward and get back to winning IMO.

He has to improve his leadership and his attitude on the court, I dont think moving locations is gunna just automatically fix that.

SteBO
01-26-2011, 05:28 PM
you saw first hand last night how D Will's attitude, and performances are a factor into why we're sucking. Soon as he starts taking responsibility for his part in our recent skid, is when we can finally move forward and get back to winning IMO.

He has to improve his leadership and his attitude on the court, I dont think moving locations is gunna just automatically fix that.
Good to know someone else noticed this. He hasn't been doing a good job at least attempting to gut this team to win. He's the best player, he should try to take over the game sometimes. Now would be a good time to do it vs. SA.

Hangtime
01-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Utah just isn't a championship squad. At best they are a second round playoff team who may be lucky enough to make it to the conference finals depending on the standings. I don't see them going further than that. Deron like most players are doin these days will probably bale in a few years.

LTBaByyy
01-26-2011, 08:36 PM
you sure shut me up with your +1 finals win, but of you wanna go therem well we've been the 2x, ECF 3x, and at the end of the day we're on the rise, Dallas is on the same level as your atl,utah,okc, etc etc

Hahahahahaha your whole post :facepalm:

Thats why Dallas is the 6th most valuable franchise (Forbes)

After Knicks, LA, Bos, Chi, and Houston

Raph12
01-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Won't be able to afford him.

We can trade for him, we have more than enough assets, including a $15m expiring in JRich...

SteBO
01-26-2011, 09:02 PM
We can trade for him, we have more than enough assets, including a $15m expiring in JRich...
True.

Missing56&33
01-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Deron Williams would look good in any jersey. But you know the sad fact of the matter is that he will never win anything in Utah......That's really sad because they have a great pg but the market is to small that no other major all star would want to play there. Unfortunately you have to get drafted to Utah to play there. :pity:

OaklandsFinest
01-26-2011, 09:16 PM
If I were dallas given their injury problems and acquiring D Williams this is the move I would be pushing for if at all possible and add draft picks as needed to Charlotte to compensate them..

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4kjzx9a

kblo247
01-26-2011, 09:34 PM

I agree with the assessment that Stu Lantz had about D-Will. He misses Boozer. It is partly about talent, but mostly about accountability. Boozer got in guy's faces, clapped at em, and was the vocal leader and bad cop of that team. Deron right now is stuck at a cross between do I be the bad guy and call people out by name, get in their faces and risk embarrassing them, or do I just suck it up and play. When in that situation players honestly get flustered.

Management hasn't greatly helped his ability to really try and light a fire under anyone either with all the turn over they had this summer since most guys don't know whether to hug or slap new teammates to get them out of slumps. I personally think they downgraded from last year's team and need to correct the issue while also seeking veteran leadership. To me a guy like Rip Hamilton would probably do wonders in that locker room.