PDA

View Full Version : Best & Worst/Most Annoying Announcers in the NBA

Jiggie
01-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Think the most annoying is one of the Celtics announcers, can't think of his name, but all he does is cry, ***** and moan about calls from Refs.

I also think Clyde Frazier for the Knicks is incredibly annoying as well. That coming from a Knicks fan.

lakers4sho
01-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Think the most annoying is one of the Celtics announcers, can't think of his name, but all he does is cry, ***** and moan about calls from Refs.

I also think Clyde Frazier for the Knicks is incredibly annoying as well. That coming from a Knicks fan.

Tom Heinsohn, and I nominate him too.

redsox0717
01-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Why is this a topic every week?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Tom Heinson

/thread

netsgiantsyanks
01-25-2011, 01:50 PM
the nets announcers are starting to get a little annoying. it sounds like theres a gay sex ring linked between all of them these days.

Meatmypet
01-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Clyde ain't so bad.

I don't like Mike Craspino. Neither do I like Mark Jackson on ESPN.

Mike Breen's still my favorite though.

Da Knicks
01-25-2011, 02:06 PM
celtics announcer for sure, i watch the game on mute when the knicks play them there.

Rego247
01-25-2011, 02:08 PM
tommy heinson, and doris burke, frazier as well, but i prefer him over burke.

her voice is too nasely.

Lloyd Christmas
01-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Bob Fitzgerald from the Warriors broadcast. Maybe I just hate the guy...

Korman12
01-25-2011, 02:22 PM

This.

Storch
01-25-2011, 02:22 PM
I stop watching the game when i hear the girl announcer. doris burke?

handle
01-25-2011, 02:40 PM
They should create a Worst Announcer award and name it the Heinsohn Trophy. But Breen and Van Gundy are also crap. They have simultaneous buttgasms every time LeBron makes a FT. The Houston announcers are horrible, as well - a massive homer and a dope.

DubiousCustomer
01-25-2011, 02:45 PM
My biggest peeve - maybe in the entire league - is that announcers say "The lead is within X!' when the lead is actually only AT X and to be within X it would have to be 1 less.

Less than = within.

Learn.

nolin
01-25-2011, 02:46 PM

correct Tommy Hein is by far the worse. also the biggest homer.

nolin
01-25-2011, 02:48 PM

Even the celtics fans know it. i hate livin out there i used to have to mute to the TV every game they played

Master Mind
01-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Best-Eric Reid :D

Bookey
01-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Austin carr for the cavs,because no matter how much they are down he acts like they are good,he complains about every call that doesn't go in the cavs favor, the other guy is pretty terrible as well,because of those two i don't feel sorry for the cavs being terrible.

Turtle55
01-25-2011, 02:55 PM
My favorite is Stacy King (homer pick) and Kevin Harlan. My least favorite was going to be Tommy Heinsohn but then I remembered that nasally guy that does the HEAT games. I have no idea what his name is though. Literally sounds like someone is pinching his nose while he talks.

blahblahyoutoo
01-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Ian Eagle (Nets), worst by far.

Weezy
01-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Mike Breen.

JayAllDay
01-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Mike Fratello and the rest of the Nets announcing is ****ing garbage.
With a terrible team on top of that, it just makes the broadcast unbearable.

Da Knicks
01-25-2011, 03:18 PM
They should create a Worst Announcer award and name it the Heinsohn Trophy. But Breen and Van Gundy are also crap. They have simultaneous buttgasms every time LeBron makes a FT. The Houston announcers are horrible, as well - a massive homer and a dope.

Yeah i forgot about the Rockets announcer that dude just irritates me.:mad:

Nycbball08
01-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Can't stand Reggie miller, or even Haywood workman the ref

goeatfish63
01-25-2011, 03:24 PM
worst and most annoying announcer- reggie miller

all he does is talk about himself

xxcubs22xx
01-25-2011, 03:32 PM
The worst?

Bobcats announcers. Hands down.

jtsunami
01-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Jeff Van Gundy makes me want to put firecrackers in my ears and light them.

Love me some Stacey King, Marv Albert (commentary sucks but he has some good/great in-game reactions), Jon Barry, and Dickey V (for that 1 or 2 games that he does NBA. I can understand why some people hate him, but I find him thoroughly entertaining).

PurpleJesus28
01-25-2011, 03:34 PM
I stop watching the game when i hear the girl announcer. doris burke?

agreed, i hate female sports announcers. called it sexist if you want, but i think their terrible.

sacphil_08
01-25-2011, 03:35 PM
im a kings fan, but grant napear is really starting to annoy me... he just bothers me... hes a hypocritical ***** too... in 09 when it was speculated we'd take tyreke over rubio he was criticizing him and then he hopped on his joystick real quick... same with demarcus cousins... on his radio show talking a world of ***** about the guy sounding like all the other critics, and in games he praises all of his skills... i hate people like that

Htownballa1622
01-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Yeah i forgot about the Rockets announcer that dude just irritates me.:mad:

I could argue that the only reason for this is that houston usually beats the knicks in every way and bill worrell lets it be known which in turn gets knicks fans upset.

And mine is doris burke.and used to be bill walton. "throw it down big man*uggghhhhh*:drool: throw it down"

MJ-BULLS
01-25-2011, 03:46 PM
my favorite is Stacey king. the man is hilarious. even though he might sound like a homer at times, he gives the nod to opposing teams as well and gives props when something spectacular has happened. dunk, fantastic play, etc. but my non bulls favorite announcer has to be Kevin Harlan, the mas is really good.

the worst id say are reggie miller, mark jackson, and doris burke.

slapnutz69
01-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Matt Devlin and Jack Armstrong/Leo Rautins are good for Toronto

Mishmin
01-25-2011, 03:49 PM
As big Tommy Heinson is my sig, I guess I aught to put in my two cents. He's for sure real subjective and real emotional when it comes to the c's. But thats the way lots of us are. He's a fan. Plus the homie Mike Gorman keeps him balanced with being very professional and objective. Gorman's one of the best out there.

THE MTL
01-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Mark Jackson. He is an idoit! He compares scrubs to legends all the time.

Ollie Tabooger
01-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Reggie Miller and the Spurs announcers are straight garbage

Kashmir13579
Celtics and Bulls commentators. worst homers ever. Mike Breen is calm cool collective and unbiased. i like him. Walt Clyde is a boss.

srfr4life
Worst: BILL F-ING WALTON!!!!

KaiserSose
01-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Matt Devlin and Jack Armstrong are terrible. You would think the Raptor's were championship material listening to them. Leo Rautins is good though. He tears into them when they play like crap.

Tommy Heinsohn is the worst by far. Basically him and the rest of the homers (GS, Phi, Charlotte, LAC, etc....too many to name)

I actually like the nets guys Fratello et al. Also don't mind Clyde Frazier in small doses.

Rego247
01-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Matt Devlin and Jack Armstrong are terrible. You would think the Raptor's were championship material listening to them. Leo Rautins is good though. He tears into them when they play like crap.

Tommy Heinsohn is the worst by far. Basically him and the rest of the homers (GS, Phi, Charlotte, LAC, etc....too many to name)

I actually like the nets guys Fratello et al. Also don't mind Clyde Frazier in small doses.

leo rautins is okay. matt and jack keep it interesting. but chuck swirsky> all.

chicago lulz
01-25-2011, 04:07 PM
My biggest peeve - maybe in the entire league - is that announcers say "The lead is within X!' when the lead is actually only AT X and to be within X it would have to be 1 less.

Less than = within.

Learn.

preposition
in the compass or limits of; not beyond: within view; to live within one's income.
at or to some point not beyond, as in length or distance; not farther than: within a radius of a mile.

hoopsguy820
01-25-2011, 04:16 PM
The Funking Duo in Chicago...Neil Funk and Stacey King! Stacey has some of the best lines that just crack me up.

The only problem is I only hear them and the ESPN guys so it's hard to say anyone else.

AntiG
01-25-2011, 04:21 PM

Yeah, as a Celtics fan, Heinsohn is unbearable. He's like the Suze Waldman/Michael Kay of basketball announcers - annoying, over the top homeristic, and makes your ears bleed.

I love Walt Clyde though. Him and Bill Walton's eccentricities make their commentary very entertaining and don't annoy me at all.

tshwhhh
01-25-2011, 04:21 PM
I think a better question is who is it that you guys actually like as a anouncer, seeing how about every one of them is on this list, but i digress,

the guy from clippers ralph lawler, bugs the ***** out of me, especially when he goes bingo, dude what are we watching, basketball or an old folks home.

SouthSideRookie
01-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Celtics guy is terrible, on the other hand Mike Breen is terrific. Stacy King is hilarious.

DubiousCustomer
01-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Reggie Miller and the Spurs announcers are straight garbage

Never thought I'd read someone hating on Sean Elliott...:confused:

Weezy
01-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Celtics and Bulls commentators. worst homers ever. Mike Breen is calm cool collective and unbiased. i like him. Walt Clyde is a boss.

Breens terrible yo........ he has no opinion for himself or at least 90% of the time. He will always agree with refs cause he is afraid of getting fined by the league if he doesn't. Its pretty funny actually.

Only good thing with Breen is when he says.. "BANG!" after a clutch shot. No homo.

thekmp211
01-25-2011, 04:51 PM
love clyde. live in boston, despise heinson. he is the worst. if a replay shows a questionable celtics foul, he *****es and moans. if it's and obvious foul, he literally goes silent.

blahblahyoutoo
01-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Breens terrible yo........ he has no opinion for himself or at least 90% of the time. He will always agree with refs cause he is afraid of getting fined by the league if he doesn't. Its pretty funny actually.

Only good thing with Breen is when he says.. "BANG!" after a clutch shot. No homo.

uhh... he's the play-by-play guy. you know, to balance out the color commentator.

blahblahyoutoo
01-25-2011, 05:37 PM
and have to add, i like the houston announcers. they try to be as impartial as possible and give props to the opposing team when deserved.
not saying they're the best, but just saying...

shizzle09
Tom Heinsohn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Biggest homer ever. I literally cannot stand listening to this guy complain about missed foul calls when the calls are correct. He is soooooo one sided its unreal. His partner sounds like he cant stand being next to him half the time.

Raps18-19 Champ
They aren't annoying or bad but some announcers(I think Lakers) are so boring I can't even listen.

Gators123
01-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Celtics and Bulls announcers are the worst IMO.

mikantsass
01-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Gus

Johnson

shizzle09
01-25-2011, 05:41 PM
As big Tommy Heinson is my sig, I guess I aught to put in my two cents. He's for sure real subjective and real emotional when it comes to the c's. But thats the way lots of us are. He's a fan. Plus the homie Mike Gorman keeps him balanced with being very professional and objective. Gorman's one of the best out there.

He sounds like everyone i know when they watch their teams play on tv. Difference is he's a tv announcer and should act like one not some fan sitting in front of his tv complaining about foul calls. I remember the last time the Celtics had an NBA TV game and the game thread was filled with nothing but people asking who this clown was because he was so annoying. Thank god i dont like watching Celtics games unless they're against my heat. His partner is actually pretty good. Poor guy has to listen to Tommy every night. ouch

John Walls Era
01-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Best: JVG's Crew.

Some people will disagree, but hes hilarious and most times right (reason why people get mad).