PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of John Wall so far?

DCsports
01-25-2011, 12:34 AM
I wanted the opinion of some non wizards fans. How do you think he's doing this year? What is his potential?

Sadds The Gr8
01-25-2011, 12:37 AM
I think he's doing pretty well. He's getting overshadowed big time by Griffin though, and rightfully so because Griffin is putting up disgusting #s. he's a way better playmaker than I thought he'd be...9 APG in your rookie year is impressive. He needs to work on his shooting alot though. I don't know what his work ethic is, but if he works on his shooting he can be just as dangerous as Rose.

superkegger
01-25-2011, 12:43 AM
I think he's been pretty good. The Wizards as a whole stink. I mean, the talent there around him is pretty abysmal. But he's played really rather well. I don't really have any doubts that he'll continue to get better and be a perenial all star. Kids got tons of talent. Hopefully the new ownership group there can be smart and build well around him, because he's a great foundation.

cargobox
01-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Stephen Curry > John Wall

mttwlsn16
01-25-2011, 12:48 AM
good player. very good rookie. very high ceiling. needs to stay helathy though

tredigs
01-25-2011, 12:51 AM
He's been pretty close to expected for me; an absolute turnover machine with highly suspect mid-range/outside shooting, but still a dynamic play-maker with a ton of speed, agility and potential. He's a baller for sure, and I have a feeling he's actually only going to improve as the season progresses.

Sixerlover
01-25-2011, 12:54 AM
He's on a **** team, and he's been pretty injured, but when he's out there he's very nice on the offensive side of the ball. Can score, can dish and lightning fast. But his defense in my opinion is surprisingly leaving a lot to be desired.

He needs to step that up ASAP

Wiz kids
01-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Just needs a consistent jump shot and reduce the turnovers, outside of that he's been as good as advertised.

godolphins
01-25-2011, 12:57 AM
He knows how to dougie

Ezio
01-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Needs to stay healthy. Other than that NBA should be fun to watch.

sargon21
01-25-2011, 01:01 AM
His work ethic will determine how far he goes in this league.

Saad
01-25-2011, 01:03 AM
He's quick and a very good playmaker. His quickness allows him to pick up some steals here and there which doesnt make him that poor overally defensively. He really needs to step up on his shooting %. I think a lot of it is related to his injuries as well as basically being the only person that the other team zeroes in on when they play the Wizards. For a rookie dealing with that can be tough. Basically, get those TO's down, Get that FG% Up, and Keep passing the ball the way he does.

Hellcrooner
01-25-2011, 01:09 AM
Interesting.
He can develop into a good pg that makes his teamates better or develop into a chuker.
Its in his hands.

cheaptrikz
01-25-2011, 01:10 AM
He's quick and a very good playmaker. His quickness allows him to pick up some steals here and there which doesnt make him that poor overally defensively. He really needs to step up on his shooting %. I think a lot of it is related to his injuries as well as basically being the only person that the other team zeroes in on when they play the Wizards. For a rookie dealing with that can be tough. Basically, get those TO's down, Get that FG% Up, and Keep passing the ball the way he does.

Great username :clap:

kingbrentg
01-25-2011, 01:13 AM
Impressed by his playmaking.

Unimpressed by his turnovers, defense, and efficiency.

Definitely things that can be improved from a rookie, but he's got a ways to go from being just a great athletic specimen.

dynasty7961
01-25-2011, 01:16 AM
Has a song named after him already. so thats pretty sick

I have only seen him play once when i was watching the Celts and Wiz, he looked pretty good there

blueplanet
01-25-2011, 01:23 AM
As a rookie he's averaging 9.2 apg. When was the last time that happened again? I have a feeling he's gonna finish this year with 10+ apg. He was injured and is only gonna improve. Blake Griffin's unreal rookie year is what kind of overshadowed John Wall. But in a year or two he's going to fight for the best PG spot with Chris Paul. Mark my words, he is going to to be a monster. In terms of potential (age under 25), I would take him over any player in the league not named Blake Griffin.

fadedmario
01-25-2011, 01:27 AM
Reminds me of Derrick Rose

Bookey
01-25-2011, 01:28 AM

SERIOUSLY STEPHEN CURRY OVER JOHN WALL :facepalm:,JOHN WALL WILL EAT CURRY ALIVE BRUH

apet8945
01-25-2011, 01:32 AM
John Wall is gonna be an absolute beast, very much like Derrick Rose.

CityofChaos
01-25-2011, 01:39 AM
His defense sucks and he turns the ball over too much. Other than that, he's a good scorer with quick feet like expected...other than that, he and Derrick Rose have the same personality

John Walls Era
01-25-2011, 01:59 AM
meh, he sucks. Not even going to win Rookie of the year.

John Walls Era
01-25-2011, 02:00 AM

Definitely things that can be improved from a rookie, but he's got a ways to go from being just a great athletic specimen.

He gets steals. Great playmaker too, efficiency won't be high cuz he plays with Blatche.

thekmp211
01-25-2011, 02:08 AM
his passing stands out the most to me, besides how quick he is with the ball.

he's not as gifted a passer as rondo or as polished a scorer as rose, but he definitely seems to have more well-rounded potential than both of those guys. and i dont say that lightly. at the present though, he's certainly not on their level.

blueplanet
01-25-2011, 02:26 AM

he's not as gifted a passer or as polished a scorer as rose, but he definitely seems to have more well-rounded potential than both of those guys. and i dont say that lightly. at the present though, he's certainly not on their level.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Geargo Wallace
01-25-2011, 02:30 AM
>Rose haha I joke.

There's so many talented young PG's in the game today that I'm really not so impressed. He's still a great talent.

John Walls Era
01-25-2011, 02:30 AM

he's not as gifted a passer or as polished a scorer as rose, but he definitely seems to have more well-rounded potential than both of those guys. and i dont say that lightly. at the present though, he's certainly not on their level.

:cricket:

sargon21
01-25-2011, 02:35 AM
His defense sucks and he turns the ball over too much. Other than that, he's a good scorer with quick feet like expected...other than that, he and Derrick Rose have the same personality

No they don't. Rose is humble, Wall has a big ego. Rose is a winner and has shown his ability to take over games down the stretch, which Wall hasn't shown yet.

thekmp211
01-25-2011, 02:36 AM
typo in previous post. meant as gifted a passer as rondo or as polished as scorer as rose.

sargon21
01-25-2011, 02:36 AM
He gets steals. Great playmaker too, efficiency won't be high cuz he plays with Blatche.

The bolded makes no sense. Shooting 40% has nothing to do with Blatche.

Giantwarrior
01-25-2011, 02:38 AM
he's no derick rose.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-25-2011, 02:38 AM
playin very nicly. is a future star but mos. def. not gonna be rookie of the year..hahaha

ks32
01-25-2011, 02:44 AM
He knows how to dougie

this

John Walls Era
01-25-2011, 02:55 AM
The bolded makes no sense. Shooting 40% has nothing to do with Blatche.

It does when Blatche forces shots and gets Wall off his rhythm.

Confusious
01-25-2011, 02:55 AM
His dancing is annoying. He's heavily overhyped. He's too immature.

He has a long way to go before he reaches his ceiling.

Raph12
01-25-2011, 03:17 AM
I say dude will be leading the league in asts and stls in a couple of seasons...

Sactown
01-25-2011, 03:49 AM
I like his dancing lol, it's hilarious and his TO's will go down, and his assist will probably be 8 or so on the year.. I wonder if he'll hit the rookie wall. Also I think his shooting percentage will start to go up 3/4 through the year when he figures things out. He has a greater potential then Rose he has unmatched vision and will be a force in this league with the right work ethic..

Antipod
01-25-2011, 05:04 AM
Didn`t see him play much ... but from the hype surrounding him before draft, i was expecting a little more.

blueplanet
01-25-2011, 06:38 AM
What's up with bulls fans being negative on every single young point guard?! Jesus Christ!!

Bullsfan22
01-25-2011, 06:44 AM
Has the potential to be the best pg in the league one day. I don't know about his work ethic yet and he needs to stay healthy.

J-Relo
01-25-2011, 08:35 AM

Amare Staudemire > Blake Griffin

tcav701
01-25-2011, 09:16 AM
I love how Bull fans take every opportunity to trash every PG not named Rose.

News Flash: Talking negative about the talents and contributions of other PG's DOES NOT make Rose better.

tcav701
01-25-2011, 09:22 AM
But to answer the question, if the Wiz get a swingman/scorer that can run with Wall, we will be talking about wether or not he is a superstar.

knicksfan42
01-25-2011, 09:23 AM

This, oh and unimpressed by his awful shooting.

Weezy
01-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Hes gonna be a great player. He reminds me of a more athletic and quicker Tony Parker(young) and Parker was pretty quick then and still is.

Rndy
01-25-2011, 10:38 AM
I love how Bull fans take every opportunity to trash every PG not named Rose.

News Flash: Talking negative about the talents and contributions of other PG's DOES NOT make Rose better.

Cool story bro. :rolleyes: John Wall has some things to work on. his 425 eFG% is a pretty huge concern. His 20 tov% has got to improve which I'm sure it will. His defense has got to improve. However to put up a 40 Ast% your rookie year is really nice. Especially on such a crappy team.

He's got all the talent in the world but he needs to work hard every day to improve. Only time will tell if he does that.

ragee
01-25-2011, 11:20 AM
He is pretty much doing what people expected from him which is really good... Griffin on the other hand is performing beyond expectations that is why Wall is not being noticed as much as before...

CostanzaNumba0
01-25-2011, 11:28 AM
I don't think he is going to be on rose's level offensively but he's a good young player, I need to see some work ethic if he's going to be great

barreleffact
01-25-2011, 12:20 PM
No they don't. Rose is humble, Wall has a big ego. Rose is a winner and has shown his ability to take over games down the stretch, which Wall hasn't shown yet.

2 dumb points. Rose didnt show any killer instinct his rookie year, and what does humility have to do with anything? Lebron is the biggest narcissist since jordan...another HUGE narcissist. Plus, what has Wall ever done to make you assume he's got a bigger ego than any other gifted player...even rose for that matter.

satui10
01-25-2011, 12:47 PM
I think he's doing great and in a few years (if he becomes more consistent in scoring), he'll be one of the nba's premier point guards....yesterday against the knicks he had 9 assists and 18 points against a defense which is much better than they're own...he definitely needs to work on his shooting, defense, and, yes he is quick, but sometimes I think he needs to slow down and stop making mistakes that wouldn't happen if he had thought it through...but I must say I totally forgot about this kid and the fact that he's the number one pick...it must be annoying to be a rookie the same year as Griffin...

Raph12
01-25-2011, 12:49 PM
The thing about Wall is, he supposedly has a very good work ethic and he knows that he won't reach his potential without putting in the time... I expect great things from him.

DeyAce
01-25-2011, 12:58 PM
He's aight

Chronz
01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
It does when Blatche forces shots and gets Wall off his rhythm.
Thats a pretty ****** excuse. Imagine, a PG who cant find his stroke unless everythings perfect. What exactly are you saying though? That he cant play off of others, that he needs to dominate the ball to be effective?

millerandco
01-25-2011, 02:51 PM
oh john wall plays in this league....? nearly forgot about him after all the love (deserved) for blake man child griffin haha