PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace and Rip Hamilton to the Celtics?

davids22
01-24-2011, 05:43 PM
If you guys have seen Stein's new power rankings this week, check out his comment about Boston.

A second straight road L -- at lowly Washington even with KG back -- generated not-so-surprising rumbles that the C's still dream of luring Sheed out of retirement ... then swiping Rip Hamilton from Detroit via buyout.

It's all speculation, but realistically I wouldn't put it past Boston to try and pull the trigger.

The Celtics bench could all be starters on another team (almost. Not saying a high quality starter but could def fill a hole on a bottom feeder team)
PG - Nate Rob
SG - Rip Hamilton
SF - Big Baby/Marquies Daniels
PF- Rasheed Wallace
C - Jermaine O'Neal/Shaq (since Perkins will come back)

ManRam
01-24-2011, 05:46 PM
I still don't get why they need Sheed. I can't imagine him getting much run in the playoffs (if any at all) behind Shaq, Perk, KG, Glen or even JO. No team needs 6 PF/Cs.

kblo247
01-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Don't know about Sheed, but he would be more useful than JO.

If Rip is bought out I honestly see LA and Denver making the pitch for him through Chauncey and Kobe who he has history with. Chicago would also go after him as would the Bobcats (MJ) and possibly Jersey.

Sly Guy
01-24-2011, 05:49 PM
I still don't get why they need Sheed. I can't imagine him getting much run in the playoffs (if any at all) behind Shaq, Perk, KG, Glen or even JO. No team needs 6 PF/Cs.

it's just the NBA's 'cold guy coalition', where guys in the twilight of their careers scheme to remain relevant and snatch a 'ship or two before they fade completely.

davids22
01-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah the whole Celtics team is pretty much guys who just want a ring. All their careers on the decline, but they've just been around for so long and know the game well enough that they can learn to be role players and mesh together to win. That's a championship team right there.

Gators123
01-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Rip wont be bought out, especially with the team for sale.

SteveNash
01-24-2011, 05:54 PM

Because they've all missed time with injuries and Rasheed is the only one that can properly fill KG's role if he gets injured.

thekmp211
01-24-2011, 05:59 PM

true, but shaq is going to be hit and miss the rest of the way, perk will not be 100%, and id definitely roll the dice on rasheed over jermaine oneal.

i guess the thinking is, why not? he wont hurt them or cost them anything.

as for hamilton, there is 0% chance he gets bought out and the celtics have no need to trade for his services. they are fine on the wings, especially when delonte gets back.

fadedmario
01-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Rip's contract being bought out is 100% impossible with the team for sale... lol - A trade with Detroit is the only way this happens.

Flash3
01-24-2011, 06:01 PM

injuries happening before the most important game

blueplanet
01-24-2011, 06:01 PM
That would be scary! I already fear them and they are the best team in the league IMO. Don't think Sheed will get PT but Rip's addition to that team will be unfair. Ray Allen and Rip--two best players without the ball!

fadedmario
01-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Also, the title is very misleading... Just as bad as Espn

KmB728
01-24-2011, 06:05 PM
That'd be unreal

ManRam
01-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Because they've all missed time with injuries and Rasheed is the only one that can properly fill KG's role if he gets injured.

Really. A 36 year old, and probably an out of shape 36 year old can replace what KG does?

Frankly, I don't think he was really any good for them last year :shrug:

They just don't need him. And there is a reason why this has never even made it to rumor status...it's never even passed the speculation phase.

Mplsman
01-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Rip would be a nice addition.

BradytoGronkTD
01-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Yes please:clap:

fadedmario
01-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Rip can still play also. There's something going on between him and Kuester (Idiot coach). I'm starting to feel bad for Rip. Whoever gets him will get a player that really takes care of himself and will have a chip on his shoulder because of the fallout in Detroit. He's got some left. 2-3 more solid years imo. Just needs a fresh start...

numba1CHANGsta
01-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Rip will end up in Chi-town if he's bought out

Rose
Rip
Deng
Boozer
Noah

fadedmario
01-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Rip should finish his career in Philly

Algmuskrats
01-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Rip should finish his career in Philly

Lol are you talking to yourself in here? You've posted 4 times and nobody has quoted you until now, just wondering.

But you brought up a good point on Rip not being bought out due to the Pistons still being up for sale and that seems to be going no where.

I don't think Sheed would really help the Celtics, but if Sheed is going to come out of retirement, it would most likely be to the Celtics.

Algmuskrats
01-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Rip will end up in Chi-town if he's bought out

Rose
Rip
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Rose and Rip?
Sounds kinda catchy to me lol.
Kinda hard to imagine Rip in a Bulls jersey though :eyebrow:

Toxeryll
01-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah the whole Celtics team is pretty much guys who just want a ring. All their careers on the decline, but they've just been around for so long and know the game well enough that they can learn to be role players and mesh together to win. That's a championship team right there.

for the love of god, just give them a ring so they can all retire!

fadedmario
01-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Lol are you talking to yourself in here? You've posted 4 times and nobody has quoted you until now, just wondering.

But you brought up a good point on Rip not being bought out due to the Pistons still being up for sale and that seems to be going no where.

I don't think Sheed would really help the Celtics, but if Sheed is going to come out of retirement, it would most likely be to the Celtics.

Just rambling. Just smoked some medical MJ... :)

papipapsmanny
01-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Sheed is really good at post defense

Gators123
01-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Sheed was extremely out of shape last year, imagine how out of shape he is now.

Lions #81
01-24-2011, 06:28 PM
give us expirings, you can have rip

thekmp211
01-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Just rambling. Just smoked some medical MJ... :)

so did sheed! :clap:

The Final Boss
01-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Boston is turning into a retirement home.

SteveNash
01-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Really. A 36 year old, and probably an out of shape 36 year old can replace what KG does?

They just don't need him. And there is a reason why this has never even made it to rumor status...it's never even passed the speculation phase.

He can't replace, but he can fill in.

J4KOP99
01-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Rip to the Bulls would be great for them.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Considering Jermaine could be gone for a while and Perkins not back for at least a month or 2, they could use him.

It would keep everyone fresh come playoffs too.

They would rape Bosh and their frontcourt for sure.

Super.
01-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Boston is turning into a retirement home.

One thats still one of the best teams in the NBA. Please enlighten us more with your inteligent comments

numba1CHANGsta
01-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Rose and Rip?
Sounds kinda catchy to me lol.
Kinda hard to imagine Rip in a Bulls jersey though :eyebrow:

I think he would love to play for the Bulls, he's a huge Jordan fan

iggypop123
01-24-2011, 07:36 PM
dont know why detroit would buy him out. he has a huge contract. if anything he would be an easy target for the bulls. he would start there. dont know why bought out free agents never want to go to LA. i meant hey are 2 time champs. doesnt make sense.

NickyNick
01-24-2011, 07:41 PM
I think he would love to play for the Bulls, he's a huge Jordan fan

what does that have to do with anything?....pretty sure every player is a huge jordan fan , doesn't mean they all want to play for the bulls

MJ-BULLS
01-24-2011, 07:51 PM
I don't know if sheed would be able to help out the c's now. its sure would be a long process getting back to form. but will see. Rip could help the Celtics with more depth.

Yunqn
01-24-2011, 07:57 PM
no way rip isnt a bull if he iss bought out.. end of story.. the bulls f.o will be estatic to get a guy like rip who will be different in a new situation..

its a match made in chicago.. off ball,championship pedigree,shooter,etc etc

rose
rip
deng
boozer
noah

watson-trade for ridnour =)
brewer
korver
gibson
thomas/asik

unwantedplayer
01-24-2011, 08:06 PM
no way rip isnt a bull if he iss bought out.. end of story.. the bulls f.o will be estatic to get a guy like rip who will be different in a new situation..

its a match made in chicago.. off ball,championship pedigree,shooter,etc etc

rose
rip
deng
boozer
noah

watson-trade for ridnour =)
brewer
korver
gibson
thomas/asik

How do you know? And not to sound cocky, but he if he signed with BOS, he'd have a greater chance of winning a championship with them than with CHI.

Yunqn
01-24-2011, 08:10 PM
what does that have to do with anything?....pretty sure every player is a huge jordan fan , doesn't mean they all want to play for the bulls

it doesnt.. idk why he said that..

although it doesnt hurt.. but there is no other contending team that can offer a starting 2 guard spot..its still around his home rather than out west or down south.. he knows the chicago personsal and most importantly he gets to go against the team he feels is betraying him..

pistonsfanomg
01-24-2011, 08:11 PM
If Rip gets a buyout he's going to Denver

It would be pretty impressive if the Celtics can get Sheed and Hamilton

pistonsfanomg
01-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Bulls would be pretty dangerous with Hamilton...

But Hamilton is only bad right now because he's without Billups.

Billups the only one that knows how to distribute the ball to Hamilton

I remember Hamilton saying years ago if Billups leaves then hes gone too...

Yunqn
01-24-2011, 08:14 PM
How do you know? And not to sound cocky, but he if he signed with BOS, he'd have a greater chance of winning a championship with them than with CHI.

why would he go and play behind another player whos goina get 30 mins a game? & why would he not take advantage of starting with the chance at playing for another contender? yes the bulls can contend with rip..

& not to sound cocky.. but a top 10 record or higher with only 9 games with our core.. we play 4on5 every game and have someone on the injury list..

rip can finally go back to playing with a point guard and playing off ball rather than creating.. we all seen what happend to luol once he got to go back to the right system..

Yunqn
01-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Bulls would be pretty dangerous with Hamilton...

But Hamilton is only bad right now because he's without Billups.

Billups the only one that knows how to distribute the ball to Hamilton

I remember Hamilton saying years ago if Billups leaves then hes gone too...

but he wont be going with him.. billups is home.. rip would have to relocate futher to go to a team thats about to rebuild.. and friendship isnt everything when it comes to winning and benefits.. rip will not benefit at all going to denver and will waste his career..

and denver is already loaded at the 2..

detroit wont let him go because of them being in the same divison as the bulls..

like i said.. theres really no other option and no other place where he can benefit and will want to go..he doesnt have to move much.. chicago can sign him to whatever deal they want =..big market,right system,top10 team,playing with a point guard and a big to let him play his game without being a focal point.. his age wont matter either because hes a jumpshooter..he also gets to prove a point against detroit and get his revenge.

chicago also doesnt have to make any trades and keep their core.. rip will be a bull

Gators123
01-24-2011, 08:30 PM
but he wont be going with him.. billups is home.. rip would have to relocate futher to go to a team thats about to rebuild.. and friendship isnt everything when it comes to winning and benefits.. rip will not benefit at all going to denver and will waste his career..

and denver is already loaded at the 2..

detroit wont let him go because of them being in the same divison as the bulls..

like i said.. theres really no other option and no other place where he can benefit and will want to go..he doesnt have to move much.. chicago can sign him to whatever deal they want =..big market,right system,top10 team,playing with a point guard and a big to let him play his game without being a focal point.. his age wont matter either because hes a jumpshooter..he also gets to prove a point against detroit and get his revenge.

chicago also doesnt have to make any trades and keep their core.. rip will be a bull

The chances of Rip being bought out are slim to none.

Hustlenomics
01-24-2011, 08:56 PM
rondo playing with ray allen and rip? damn the the haters would get even angrier while his assists sky rocket

unwantedplayer
01-24-2011, 09:55 PM
why would he go and play behind another player whos goina get 30 mins a game? & why would he not take advantage of starting with the chance at playing for another contender? yes the bulls can contend with rip..

& not to sound cocky.. but a top 10 record or higher with only 9 games with our core.. we play 4on5 every game and have someone on the injury list..

rip can finally go back to playing with a point guard and playing off ball rather than creating.. we all seen what happend to luol once he got to go back to the right system..

Lol, the injuries excuse. I love it. I can play the the injury excuse game too. KG has missed 9 games. Rondo 2 weeks. Perk is still out. JO has only played 17 games due to injury. Shaq has missed a few here and there. The Celts have yet to play a game with their starting core. Yet, somehow the Celts are still at the top in the East and have the #2 record overall.

And.... Rip is 32 years old. At this age, all NBA players look for a good chance to win the championship. So um, you pick. Would he rather play 30 min for a team that IMO, won't make it past the 2nd round or would he play with an already championship caliber team in the Celts and most likely play 20 min a game. This season, he's averaging 25.8 min a game. I doubt he's going to ***** over a few min.

Of course this is all speculation and I highly doubt he will be bought out and we will never know until it actually happens.

fadedmario
01-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Chris Sheridan (newest link of his twitter page) latest chat says no way Rip gets bought out and Detroit is getting offers for him. He says other than Melo, Rip is the most likely to get traded before the deadline.

beasted86
01-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Can anyone tell me the last time a player was bought out of $37.5M remaining on an NBA contract?

Yeah... please people, please use your common sense when evaluating these "sources" behind rumors.

Luke0842
01-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Can anyone tell me the last time a player was bought out of $37.5M remaining on an NBA contract?

Yeah... please people, please use your common sense when evaluating these "sources" behind rumors.

To further this argument. I don't know how anybody overlooked the fact the the source had Glen Davis, the 6' 8" 300 lb (over exaggerated on the weight for emphasis) forward as playing the 3 position.

However, just for fun, lets say Rip does get bought out. I would love to see him in green. I think the bench gets stagnant at times and he, Rip, would help that. I could also see Rip subbing for Paul at if the right match up presented itself. Meaning that Rip could play the 2 or 3 for the Celtics giving him very good minutes off the bench.

Ty Fast
01-25-2011, 12:54 AM
rip for kenyon martin

godolphins
01-25-2011, 12:55 AM
Not happening

Hopefully

Gators123
01-25-2011, 12:56 AM
rip for kenyon martin

That doesn't help Denver, they already have Afflalo and Smith

JasonJohnHorn
01-25-2011, 01:42 AM
Rip is a great player, solid three point shooter who can spread the defence and make teams pay for a double team, and is a great fundamental player and team defender.

But I don't see the Pistons just buying him out. I think they want to get something for him.

heyman321
01-25-2011, 02:08 AM

Wtf? Did you watch the NBA Finals? Rasheed Wallace is better than Shaq, JO, Harangody, and Erdeh combined (or had more impact I should say).

shep33
01-25-2011, 03:09 AM
Rip to the Mavericks kinda makes sense. Gives them a starting 2 guard who can score. Bulls also makes sense.

king4day
01-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Doesn't Rip have a few years left on his deal? I don't see how it makes sense to buy him out now. Unless he's willing to take a massive paycut.

69centers
01-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Don't know about Sheed, but he would be more useful than JO.

If Rip is bought out I honestly see LA and Denver making the pitch for him through Chauncey and Kobe who he has history with. Chicago would also go after him as would the Bobcats (MJ) and possibly Jersey.

Don't forget the Ray Allen/Rip UConn connection.

Chris Sheridan (newest link of his twitter page) latest chat says no way Rip gets bought out and Detroit is getting offers for him. He says other than Melo, Rip is the most likely to get traded before the deadline.

Chris Sheridan? Wow, first time I've heard his name dropped in PSD. Not really who I think of as a big NBA source.

Keep in mind, the C's can't just add Sheed or Rip, as they are at the max 15 man roster. They would have to cut someone and eat some cash, or conduct a trade to add anyone.

pistonsfanomg
01-25-2011, 11:09 AM
I can see Rip going to the Mavericks....
I didn't even think about them until now...

m26555
01-25-2011, 07:01 PM
At this point in Hamilton's career, I'm sure he's more interested in winning than getting starter minutes.

SteBO
01-25-2011, 07:25 PM
At this point in Hamilton's career, I'm sure he's more interested in winning than getting starter minutes.
This. I wouldn't mind seeing Rip and Rasheed on the Celtics, making them even more unlikable than they already are.

Rip - Whines too much
Rasheed - Douche
KG - Douche
Pierce - Drama Queen
Glen Davis - Just annoying

Perk and Ray Allen and Rondo I can tolerate.

hgtiger32
01-26-2011, 01:11 AM
lol at your lineup and having big baby at the 3

Caveman508
01-26-2011, 03:04 AM
Where does Wafer , Harongody , Bradley fit on the Roster?

I'm down with Rip, SHeeds just fat and getting high

JNA17
01-26-2011, 04:23 AM

Stephon Marbury.

Chronz
01-26-2011, 04:24 AM
rondo playing with ray allen and rip? damn the the haters would get even angrier while his assists sky rocket

LOL you basically admitted that Rondos stats are inflated. In effect your hating on Rondo.

Chronz
01-26-2011, 04:25 AM
Stephon Marbury.

Umm no, they sat him until he became an expiring contract.

corky831
01-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Considering Jermaine could be gone for a while and Perkins not back for at least a month or 2, they could use him.

It would keep everyone fresh come playoffs too.

They would rape Bosh and their frontcourt for sure.

so much for perk being out another month or two...haha

Corey
01-26-2011, 11:23 AM
I want no part of Sheed, but I'd take Rip if he gets bought out.

DenButsu
01-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Barring further injuries, I can't see Rasheed getting any minutes in the playoffs, and if he doesn't play then, why bring him in in the first place? I guess the only reason would be "injury insurance", which now that I think about it, is probably not such a bad idea. But until someone else went down, he'd basically be coming out of retirement to not play. Doubt he'd go for that. Not as if he needs to chase a ring.