PDA

View Full Version : The Decision or Melo-drama? Which soap has been the best (so far)?

Wade>You
01-23-2011, 06:36 PM
The Decision

The process: after losing the series to the Celtics all the way up to July 8 filled with speculation and meetings at the heart of his team's city.

Flirts with:
-Cavs: (he was their hometown hero/property, why wouldn't he re-sign?)
-Knicks: (toyed with their hearts for several years but never gave a committment)
-Bulls (arrives late into the picture, goes out of its way to impress LeBron even buying him sneakers, but gets turned down and talks about how they don't need him anyway)
-Heat (they say they weren't attractive enough)

Ends with a one hour special joining the Wade/Bosh and the Heat. And everyone hates him.

Melo-drama

The process: shortly after the Decision, continuing on till present day.

Flirts with:
-Nuggets (claims to be committed, but hasn't re-signed. Doesn't look good.)
-Knicks (his true love and even made a toast w/ Amare and CP3. Doesn't have much to offer but will soon have money to spend.)
-Nets (plays with their heart but never commits. Drags the process and ultimately embarrasses them)
-Bulls (once again arriving late. Will they come up short again and go on to talk about how they don't need him anyway? Or will they finally get their man?)

How will it end?

Which show has been the best so far?

Next year: CP3

Chacarron
01-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Shouldn't the options be: better and worse? Since you are comparing two different situations.

Sixerlover
01-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Well I was amped about the 2010 FA because there were SO many subplots, LBJ, Wade, Amare, Bosh, STAT, JJ, Gay etc were ALL FA's at once and so many teams had cap space it had the potential to be monumental.

This Melo-drama is just Melo wanting to play for the Knicks. We all know the ending, but it's still taking forever. It annoys me.

metsfanssince05
01-23-2011, 06:48 PM
voted -worst: the decision, the best:the decision.

Sly Guy
01-23-2011, 06:49 PM
both are the 'worst'. With Rubio not being far behind.

D1JM
01-23-2011, 06:50 PM
two different situations IMO.

210Don
01-23-2011, 07:00 PM
they both annoy me.

BkOriginalOne
01-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Lebron>Melo
Nuggets - Melo> Cavs - Lebron
Lebron was a free Agent and was NEVER considered tradeable
Melo has always had is eye on NY
Lebron's fiasco was televised and promoted by James
Melo is trying to keep it quiet and be respectful

Lebron's Decision is by far the worst.

Spurred1
01-23-2011, 07:14 PM
They're both tiring topics, imo. To be honest, at this point-I don't care where Carmelo goes. Someone has to either crap or get off the pot, because this only alienates fans
LeBron did have the right to decide where he wanted to go-he was no longer under contract. The Decision was an embarrassing masturbatory spectacle, though.
Both of these soaps suck.

netsgiantsyanks
01-23-2011, 07:19 PM
i actually prefer dove soap.

abe_froman
01-23-2011, 07:25 PM
best? neither...but melo drama has been worse for awhile.

IamKaiserSoze
01-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Lebron>Melo

this. nicely said.

VinceCarter
01-23-2011, 07:30 PM
The Decision

The process: after losing the series to the Celtics all the way up to July 8 filled with speculation and meetings at the heart of his team's city.

Flirts with:
-Cavs: (he was their hometown hero/property, why wouldn't he re-sign?)
-Knicks: (toyed with their hearts for several years but never gave a committment)
-Bulls (arrives late into the picture, goes out of its way to impress LeBron even buying him sneakers, but gets turned down and talks about how they don't need him anyway)
-Heat (they say they weren't attractive enough)
-Nets

Ends with a one hour special joining the Wade/Bosh and the Heat. And everyone hates him.

Melo-drama

Flirts with:
-Knicks (his true love and even made a toast w/ Amare and CP3. Doesn't have much to offer but will soon have money to spend.)
-Nets (plays with their heart but never commits. Drags the process and ultimately embarrasses Denver management)
-Bulls (once again arriving late. Will they come up short again and go on to talk about how they don't need him anyway? Or will they finally get their man?)

How will it end?

Wow. I think this is what you meant. Nets were in it as much as the Knicks (for LBJ) and how were the Nets embarrassed? They kept trying to meet Denver's needs and finally stopped because the price got ridiculous...

thekmp211
01-23-2011, 08:09 PM
well we know melos friends talk a lot more...

The Flash
01-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Lebron's Decision ended last summer

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 08:25 PM
they ha ve nothing in common.

Melo is giving his teams he no longer wants to play for the CHANCE to get something for him before he leaves FOR THE TEAM HE WANTS TO LEAVe once his CONTRACT IS OVer AND ITS A FREE MAN TO DECIDE WHERE HE WANTS TO BE.
After FULLFILLING his COMPLETE contract in Denver.

jmtapia
01-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Melo drama doesnt even come close to the craze that LeBron created. Good or bad.

iFYouSeekAmy
01-23-2011, 09:57 PM
I voted for all 4 options.

KnicksorBust
01-23-2011, 10:02 PM
The Decision was the most obnoxious and annoying but it was also way more interesting. I voted it the worst and the best.

Enemey
01-24-2011, 01:21 AM
The Denver Management is a joke, asking way too much for Carmelo.

Lakers Traded Shaq for LO and a 2nd year player Caron Butler........

Ok I take that Back Denver get what you Can !!! All draft picks + many players + Future round picks because you'll be at the bottom!!

Confusious
01-24-2011, 01:24 AM
Both are annoying.

LA_Raiders
01-24-2011, 02:10 AM
Lebron>Melo

Agree. LeBroom made a circus out of it...

iamsteel
01-24-2011, 02:32 AM
At least the Decision was in the offseason. Melo's situation is distracting his team (and other teams), making the nba players look like they have the control (which isn't going to help the lockout situation), and taking attention away from the real game.

Both are situations totally blown up by the media.

jimm120
01-24-2011, 02:33 AM
Melo-drama

Flirts with:
-Nets (plays with their heart but never commits. Drags the process and ultimately embarrasses them)

How will it end?

i THINK THAT IS WRONG. It was the Nuggets that kept on. The Nets also kept on, hoping to change his mind.

It wasn't Melo. He just didn't sign the extension with the Nets either. But they could still have traded for him if the wanted.

Sadds The Gr8
01-24-2011, 02:34 AM
Melo drama was wayyyy more annoying. At least the decision was only hyped for like 2 weeks. This Melo thing feels like it's gone on 4ever, and just when u think he's being close to getting traded, he's actually not.

jimm120
01-24-2011, 02:36 AM
At least the Decision was in the offseason. Melo's situation is distracting his team (and other teams), making the nba players look like they have the control (which isn't going to help the lockout situation), and taking attention away from the real game.

Both are situations totally blown up by the media.

uhmmm....DENVER is the one trying to trade him. Not Melo.

Melo, though, DOES have the right not to sign an extension. I guess you're faulting him for not signing an extension with the Nuggets nor the Nets?

Denver gives the Lakers problems all the time, they could make a deep playoff run, bt Melo's screwing it all up. They're a pretty fun team to watch when they're healthy.

Melo did not decide to trade Melo.

Denver decided to trade Melo.

I don't get where you got the impression that "Melo is screwing it all up". How? By deciding to play his final year in Denver? By not signing the extension? He'd still play this year.

I've always said, if you're the team this is how it should go down if a player is in his final year:

Good teams - keep the player, make a run in the playoffs, hope to convince him to stay in the offseason.

Fringe/low seeded playoff teams - If it is a team that consistently gets into the playoffs, even if its a low seed, keep the player. If it is a team that is usually out of the playoffs and is making it as the 7th or 8th seed this year, trade the player and get rebuilding pieces.

Bad teams - trade the player, get pieces back to rebuild the next 2 years.

Now, where is Denver in all this? Not only are they a good team, they are a top 4 team in the western conference. To me, that is almost elite (as in Lakers / Spurs elite). They shouldn't have traded Melo. Listen to offers? Yeah, but ultimately not seek out the trades and just try to go on a run with the team. If the team makes a run, who knows, the player might stay. Look at Rasheed Wallace that one year he was "guaranteed" to go to the Knicks. Pistons go on a run and he opts to stay there.

todu82
01-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Best: The Decision
Worst: Melo-Drama

SteBO
01-24-2011, 11:13 AM
uhmmm....DENVER is the one trying to trade him. Not Melo.

Melo, though, DOES have the right not to sign an extension. I guess you're faulting him for not signing an extension with the Nuggets nor the Nets?

Melo did not decide to trade Melo.

Denver decided to trade Melo.

I don't get where you got the impression that "Melo is screwing it all up". How? By deciding to play his final year in Denver? By not signing the extension? He'd still play this year.

I've always said, if you're the team this is how it should go down if a player is in his final year:

Good teams - keep the player, make a run in the playoffs, hope to convince him to stay in the offseason.

Fringe/low seeded playoff teams - If it is a team that consistently gets into the playoffs, even if its a low seed, keep the player. If it is a team that is usually out of the playoffs and is making it as the 7th or 8th seed this year, trade the player and get rebuilding pieces.

Bad teams - trade the player, get pieces back to rebuild the next 2 years.

Now, where is Denver in all this? Not only are they a good team, they are a top 4 team in the western conference. To me, that is almost elite (as in Lakers / Spurs elite). They shouldn't have traded Melo. Listen to offers? Yeah, but ultimately not seek out the trades and just try to go on a run with the team. If the team makes a run, who knows, the player might stay. Look at Rasheed Wallace that one year he was "guaranteed" to go to the Knicks. Pistons go on a run and he opts to stay there.
You tell me why Denver would take that risk, considering everything that's come out of all of this. Don't be dillusional, if Melo wanted to stay, this drama doesn't exist. They need to trade him, and now.

Tmath
01-24-2011, 11:36 AM
My interest in the NBA is vastly diminishing with all this corrupt bad reffing/superteam/soap opera BS. :mad:

Lucky for me there is MMA where I don't care what happens as long as i get to see a good scrap. :D

WizFan3
01-24-2011, 11:51 AM
decision was worse but hes gettn up there

SportsAndrew25
01-24-2011, 01:55 PM
If Carmelo takes an hour of ESPN time, it will officially be ridiculous.

Young and Stupid
01-24-2011, 02:05 PM
I don't like Melo and I don't hate him. I'm indifferent. Yes, I'm a Nets fan so it would have been nice if the Nets could have obtained him, but they were giving up too much and it wasn't clear if he was willing to sign the extension. As I said, I don't care about Melo and have no reason to defend him.

However, I can't help but ask those who are calling out Carmelo -- what has he done wrong? What should he have done differently? What would have made you satisfied? I'm just trying to understand what he did (or has done) wrong because I just don't see it.

KingPosey
01-24-2011, 02:14 PM
I just voted them both the best. Flaw in ur poll? It should just say which one is better.

Fred
01-24-2011, 02:19 PM
I think what that "The Process" is the best name for this BS.....I know that isn't what was intended by the writer of the thread, but that is all I think...

so,

The Decision VS The Process

KingPosey
01-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Melo drama was wayyyy more annoying. At least the decision was only hyped for like 2 weeks. This Melo thing feels like it's gone on 4ever, and just when u think he's being close to getting traded, he's actually not.

It was hyped for the 2 years leading up to the decision.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-24-2011, 03:05 PM
I clicked all of them.