PDA

View Full Version : Rubio doesn't want to play for the Wolves; Interested in Knicks, Heat or Celtics

Pages : [1] 2

Jonathan2323
01-23-2011, 03:36 PM
“The bottom line is, why would he want to play in Minnesota?” a senior member of Rubio’s camp said this month. “He’ll continue to say all the diplomatic things, and Minnesota needs to keep his value up for trade purposes, but the family’s preference is to be on the East Coast, specifically New York, Miami or Boston. He wouldn’t be troubled if he has to stay another year.”

But the Timberwolves have leverage. They hold his exclusive draft rights, meaning they are the only N.B.A. team with whom he can negotiate. Their latest strategy in trying to persuade Rubio to sign may center on the possible N.B.A. lockout of players after the collective bargaining agreement expires June 30. The terms of the new agreement will probably be significantly less favorable for rookies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/23/sports/basketball/23rubio.html?_r=3&src=tptw

thekmp211
01-23-2011, 03:38 PM
see this is the ******** that i cant stand. he shouldnt have entered the ****ing draft if he didn't want to play for minnesota.

this stuff is worse to me than the decision fiasco. it's pathetic. take your huge check and go buy a coat, and a calling card. you'll be fine.

Baller1
01-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Not happening. NY maybe, but other then that it's not happening.

D1JM
01-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Rubio is a little whiny *****

210Don
01-23-2011, 03:39 PM
wow.. f rubio

black1605
01-23-2011, 03:40 PM
He should play in Minnesota, play out his rookie deal, and then leave if he wants to. Otherwise, stay in Spain you brat.

Kakaroach
01-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah, like the article says the T-Wolves have all of the leverage. I imagine it would take a nice return in order for them to trade him.

Bravo95
01-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Lol cmon now

Jonathan2323
01-23-2011, 03:42 PM
He's also struggling right now, which may hurt his trade value.

The Dream
01-23-2011, 03:42 PM
2 years later and still rumors about this guy

SteBO
01-23-2011, 03:44 PM
No way in hell do i want him here.

Raidaz4Life
This is getting out of control.....

C-Dub
all players are startin to get way too much say in what happens imo. the league should not let the players run things. Rubio should have no say, if he wants to play in the NBA he should have to play for the team that drafted him. Minny.

KnicksorBust
01-23-2011, 03:45 PM
see this is the ******** that i cant stand. he shouldnt have entered the ****ing draft if he didn't want to play for minnesota.

this stuff is worse to me than the decision fiasco. it's pathetic. take your huge check and go buy a coat, and a calling card. you'll be fine.

I couldn't agree more. You can't blame the T-Wolves for taking him either because you can't let some punk kid dictate what team drafts him. It's ridiculous too because Rubio-Wes-Beasley-Love could be a nice group of young talented players. That group is 1-2 moves away from being right in the hunt.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Rubio can come here if he wants.

dnewguy
01-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Rubio probably don't know that they play defense in Miami. As a NBA rookie, he should be willing to play anywhere, even in Cleveland.

The Dream
I couldn't agree more. You can't blame the T-Wolves for taking him either because you can't let some punk kid dictate what team drafts him. It's ridiculous too because Rubio-Wes-Beasley-Love could be a nice group of young talented players. That group is 1-2 moves away from being right in the hunt.

hunt for what? an 8th seed?

Chacarron
He would be horrible for the Heat. He can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands too much. The only thing he can contribute with is his defense.

Hustlenomics
stay away from boston you diva they got Rondo :)

SouthSideRookie
01-23-2011, 03:48 PM
all players are startin to get way too much say in what happens imo. the league should not let the players run things. Rubio should have no say, if he wants to play in the NBA he should have to play for the team that drafted him. Minny.

It makes it that much worse when you have two bums like Ricky and Rudy joining the parade:facepalm:

gbrl
01-23-2011, 03:49 PM
guy still hasnt proved he can play in the nba and hes already demanding a trade

John Walls Era
01-23-2011, 03:50 PM
he should play in minnesota, play out his rookie deal, and then leave if he wants to. Otherwise, stay in spain you brat.

rfa

Hoopsadvocate
01-23-2011, 03:51 PM
We gave u beasley for pennies minny now give us rubio :mad:

j/k though it would be nice even though hed blow balls on defense.

levignjw
01-23-2011, 03:54 PM
What happened to the days when people just shut up and played? This is getting ****ing pathetic.

goose15
01-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Boston?? Is Rubio gonna play over Rondo??

nycsports2
01-23-2011, 03:57 PM
f him stay over there

dtmagnet
Just another player who thinks he is bigger than the game, what a joke this league is. The NBA is not a real pro sports league, its closer to something like the WWF pro wrestling.

LTBaByyy
Too many people demanding stuff!

Just glad none of them are from the Mavs

Sixerlover
01-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Jeez, a lotta crow for Minny fans if this is true

KmB728
01-23-2011, 03:58 PM
I don't wan't Rubio....

aman_13
01-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Come play in Tdot with your boy Jose.

Azzacadabra
Meh, the scrub can stay in Spain tell Fabio I said hi. The Timberwolves would be better off without any on/off the court distractions because they've got a pretty bright future ahead of them. They don't need a locker room slime ball like him, insulting the foundation itself.

shep33
Sorry Ricky... there is a guy by the name of Rondo in Boston, so that's out of the question. Knicks maybe, Heat I don't think so... reason for that is that Rubio is a true pg and needs the ball, a lot just like CP3, Dwill, or Rondo. That means the ball is in Lebron and Wade's hands a lot less. Don't see that working out. Knicks maybe.

AddiX
I think its hilarious I've said since he was drafted he would never step foot in Minnesota and all the Minny fans swear he still will.

As a Knick fan, i don't want that scrub. NBA level athletes are going to man handle this kid.

No jumper, no D, No 1st step, Not physical, No inside game, wtf was he even drafted for that high? His stock hasn't even gone up one bit since being drafted. He probably is close to his ceiling right now.

Slimsim
01-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Rubio Love and Beasley And possible Anthony Randolph is a scary upcoming team.

Rafer17
01-23-2011, 04:01 PM
I hate Rubio

BradytoGronkTD
01-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Boston?

This ugly **** can take his talents to south beach for all I care.

Such a bogus basketball player. Hes averaging 6 ppg and 4 assists in the Euroleague. LOL

idk if any team wants him the last thing he should be doing is giving a list of teams he is willing to play for

This really ticks me off

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Lol ill gladly take him. Dont know why some Heat fans are saying no...

His playmaking skills are amazing and has a pretty good shot. Btw, his defense is actually pretty good to whoever said it blows. Its a thousand times better than what we have now.

It wont happen though, Minny has his rights and he will stay there or go where MINNY want him to go, he has no say in this. Its funny how he is acting like he is an all star free agent and not a ****ing ROOKIE that hasnt done anything yet.

Hellcrooner
i find very funny that there are 0 reports of this HERE IN SPAIN IN SPANISH MEDIA:

so basically.

NY journalist trying to spark **** around to see if knicks can grab him.

plain and simple.

tr3ymill3r
You think he'll ever end up in the NBA after this little tirade?

Kashmir13579
01-23-2011, 04:04 PM
this isn't news. this is what we've all known for a while now and what twolves fans don't want to believe. sry hawkeye, nothin personal.

bovice163
01-23-2011, 04:05 PM
He hasn't played in one NBA game, yet he's already starting to complain about Minnesota... All the respect I had for Rubio, it was a lot I might add, just vanished.

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 04:07 PM
It makes it that much worse when you have two bums like Ricky and Rudy joining the parade:facepalm:

1 nor you nor i have sen heim play in teh nba so you have no right to tell if his or is not a bum

2 check rudys numbers since ****ing roy is injured and he is finally getting <playing time <and touches

Sixerlover
01-23-2011, 04:09 PM
i find very funny that there are 0 reports of this HERE IN SPAIN IN SPANISH MEDIA:

so basically.

plain and simple.
Maybe Rubio's camp felt telling the US media was more important than telling the Spanish media?

Russollini
01-23-2011, 04:09 PM
If the Heat were smart they would have gotten his rights in the Beas trade. Beas for the rights to Rubio would have been better then a future second.

tbone2171
01-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Funny that this is posted by the New York media

blueplanet
****** Rubio. I don't want his *** near my HEAT. He hasn't played a game in NBA and yet he has developed a giant ego. NBA should ban him forever for disrespecting the wolves. Why the **** you entered the draft if you didn't wanna play for a specific team? I hope you stay where you belong (Spain). NBA is a professional league and you have shown absolutely NO professionalism to the Wolves.

Hellcrooner
Maybe Rubio's camp felt telling the US media was more important than telling the Spanish media?

yeah sure and spanish media is stupid and didnt heard bout it an dpublished.

TheGoodGerman
01-23-2011, 04:11 PM
What a bum. Hasnt Done a Game and Acts like a Queen already.

kjoke
01-23-2011, 04:13 PM
what is up with all this spanish arrogance? do these players actually think we (american sports watchers) give a **** who they are? rubio, this isnt Spain nodoby gives a **** who you are, you are not a supertar, get a plane ticket and get your *** to Minny and stop whining.

Giraffes Rule
01-23-2011, 04:13 PM
What an *******.

abe_froman
01-23-2011, 04:14 PM
thats just sad.wtf happened to players, isnt anyone up for a challenge anymore..want to build up a franchise/team

Sixerlover
01-23-2011, 04:14 PM
yeah sure and spanish media is stupid and didnt heard bout it an dpublished.

idk what that's supposed to mean, because it is published. It's there clear as day i'm not sure why the Spanish media hasn't picked up on it yet.

LTBaByyy
01-23-2011, 04:15 PM
I bet he demands to START over Rondo too haha

These agents are telling these players the wrong thing

Hawkeye15
01-23-2011, 04:16 PM
who cares? Its more NY media driven b.s. Have fun bashing Rubio and the Wolves in this thread, Wolves fans know he is either coming over to play for us, or we get something of high value in return.

Its like reading the same old crap everytime I read one of these Rubio threads. If he wants in the NBA, he deals with Minnesota. period.

Ni55anpat
Who does he think he is? Seriously, he hasn't played 1 game in the NBA and he wants treatment like he has been in the league for 10 years.

John Walls Era
Rubio can come here if he wants.

Dan Fegan his agent was trying to get BC to trade up to get RUbio, but BC had his eyes on Derozan.

I never liked Rubio, but hes a quality player. Unselfishness on a team like the Heat wouldn't be bad. His unselfishness reminds me of Jose in his rookie year; but worst jumper, but better defender and more athletic.

SouthSideRookie
01-23-2011, 04:18 PM

so basically.

plain and simple.

Not the NY media c'mon :eyebrow:

1 nor you nor i have sen heim play in teh nba so you have no right to tell if his or is not a bum

2 check rudys numbers since ****ing roy is injured and he is finally getting <playing time <and touches

Maybe I went overboard with Rudy but my point is many here overrate him and think he can be that final piece for a contender.

John Walls Era
01-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Rubio would fit the Heat though....

_Supreme_
01-23-2011, 04:20 PM
If the Heat were smart they would have gotten his rights in the Beas trade. Beas for the rights to Rubio would have been better then a future second.

Yes do you think so, really?

And, considering he was/is being viewed by Minnesota as their second most valuable asset, do you think they would have said "Sure Pat, please take him off our hands"... ?

:smoking:

kjoke
who cares? Its more NY media driven b.s. Have fun bashing Rubio and the Wolves in this thread, Wolves fans know he is either coming over to play for us, or we get something of high value in return.

Its like reading the same old crap everytime I read one of these Rubio threads. If he wants in the NBA, he deals with Minnesota. period.

how can you aassume your gonna get high value back, if rubio was to demand a trade, his stock dramatically goes down. Nobody is giving up a star for a whinny unproven Spanish player. kahn may be looking for a lot in return but teams arent biting, same as Beasley trade.

YankeeFanAlways

In Miami??? When would he ever touch the ball???

_Supreme_
01-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Rubio would fit the Heat though....

I'd take him for sure, depending on what would be given up of course.

melbnutz
01-23-2011, 04:22 PM
i live in minneapolis and this story is nowhere to be found, rubio has never once said anything about not wanting to play here, this could be a non-story or one random person started saying some stuff that rubio's "camp" never agreed upon. it is funny how its a new york story too. i wouldnt put a lot of weight in this, plus i would assume rubio and his agent realize that he went into the draft and therefor will play where he gets drafted. end of story. plus why all the hate for the twin cities?? this is a great city to live in, the rest of the country thinks its cold here all year or something, its silly, chicago, detroit, cleveland, etc all are as cold. but for some reason, minnesota gets trashed on the most. yes it was -15 last night but its 30 on tuesday!!. anyway, even if he wanted to go east coast, none of those teams have the trade chips needed to make it happen, plus kahn will make a trade or 2, and by next year, the wolves will have a nice roster, im hoping for a monte ellis deal we need a sg. rubio would love the weapons he will potentially have here

BigBlueCrew
01-23-2011, 04:23 PM
If he wants in NY then let him. I never understood when Minny took Johnny Flynn then Ricky Rubio (or vice versa), but whatever to each his own I guess.

PurpleJesus
01-23-2011, 04:23 PM
someone in rubio's camp? i wonder who that is? they can't even name the source, therefore, I doubt the validity of the article.

GMEN4EVER
01-23-2011, 04:25 PM
What's wrong with someone wanting to choose where they play? The whole sports draft thing in general is pretty anti american. Not much freedom if you HAVE to work for a specific team for the first so many years of your career. As with all athletes who make this decision I applaud Rubio for standing up to the system.

I know playing a professional sport is a dream for a lot of us, but playing in a foreign country, in a less desirable locale, with no fam or friends in the city isn't a dream I think many have. So show some sympathy for the guy. His dream of one day playing in the NBA got shafted by being drafted by one of the worst gm's in the sport to play for a crap team in a place he has no interest whatsoever living in or even visiting for that matter. If he doesn't want to go to Minny he has every right to try and get himself on another team, and in the meantime he can keep playing in Europe, close to home, family, and friends.

Hawkeye15
how can you aassume your gonna get high value back, if rubio was to demand a trade, his stock dramatically goes down. Nobody is giving up a star for a whinny unproven Spanish player. kahn may be looking for a lot in return but teams arent biting, same as Beasley trade.

getting high value is the only way Kahn trades him. You have no clue how infatuated Kahn is with Rubio. If Rubio wants in the NBA, he is going through the Wolves, unless Kahn is offered something he can't pass up.
If they don't get it, and Rubio refuses to come over, he rots in Europe.

But as I said, and Crooner pointed out, this is NY media creating a stir yet again. The Wolves claim they have been privately told Rubio will sign next summer from what I have read. And no spanish outlet is reporting this. NY media just creating problems yet again. Its not that odd that every player in the NBA that is above average has been included in trade rumors with NY over the past 25 years (those stories typically come from NY media).

Again, the Rubio situation continues to get blown out of proportion.

_Supreme_
In Miami??? When would he ever touch the ball???

Ignorant comments like this make me want to bring out the Godzilla facepalm picture again...

Hawkeye15
01-23-2011, 04:26 PM
If and when Rubio signs with the Wolves, I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to having to defend him against the trolls that will watch every boxscore and explode with the bust label every time he has a bad game.
Awesome

kjoke
01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
getting high value is the only way Kahn trades him. You have no clue how infatuated Kahn is with Rubio. If Rubio wants in the NBA, he is going through the Wolves, unless Kahn is offered something he can't pass up.
If they don't get it, and Rubio refuses to come over, he rots in Europe.

But as I said, and Crooner pointed out, this is NY media creating a stir yet again. The Wolves claim they have been privately told Rubio will sign next summer from what I have read. And no spanish outlet is reporting this. NY media just creating problems yet again. Its not that odd that every player in the NBA that is above average has been included in trade rumors with NY over the past 25 years (those stories typically come from NY media).

Again, the Rubio situation continues to get blown out of proportion.

this is true.

Furymaker
01-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Rubio is overrated , he is playing around 20mpg , cant shoot 3s ... He is something like rondo , he might fit in celtics , but he is not good as people think he is , and trust me i know , i havent missed barca game last two seasons ...

kjoke
If and when Rubio signs with the Wolves, I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to having to defend him against the trolls that will watch every boxscore and explode with the bust label every time he has a bad game.
Awesome

get ready for more

kahn is stupid
rubio is bust
minny is bad
you can't draft

blueplanet

Dude, NO one is bashing Minnesota. Most of the posters are being sympathetic toward Minny and bashing Rubio for his arrogance (If this report is true).

J-Relo
01-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Miami or Boston?

who wouldn't like... :D

_Supreme_
01-23-2011, 04:30 PM
If he wants in NY then let him. I never understood when Minny took Johnny Flynn then Ricky Rubio (or vice versa), but whatever to each his own I guess.

Especially when they could have had Stephen Curry and Brandon Jennings instead :smoking:

Flash3
01-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Rubio probably don't know that they play defense in Miami. As a NBA rookie, he should be willing to play anywhere, even in Cleveland.

c'mon man.

Hawkeye15
Dude, NO one is bashing Minnesota. Most of the posters are being sympathetic toward Minny and bashing Rubio for his arrogance (If this report is true).

fair enough. Knee jerk reaction from the other 1100 threads involving how stupid Kahn is for drafting Rubio

Problemchild
GOOD FOR MINESOTTA a dumb franchise...why th,e hell did they select two point guards back to back. They thought it would be leverage for a trade they are stupid. They should have pick him & someone else that could help them
F@#$%&G idiots. & shut the hell up an play rubio you haven't proven you can do anything yet in the league he might be like all those other guards from those spanish league teams who wont do anything in th nba.

Hawkeye15
01-23-2011, 04:32 PM
blueplanet, see post #79. It begins

PurpleJesus
01-23-2011, 04:33 PM
lets get the facts straight here...an unnamed source in Rubio's camp says he doesnt want to play for the wolves.

Rubio himself (what better source than that) has said he will play for the wolves.

Rubio saying he will play for the wolves >>>>> an unnamed source saying he won't.

kjoke
01-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Especially when they could have had Stephen Curry and Brandon Jennings instead :smoking:

curry on that team would be dirty good

ridnour
curry
beasley
love
milcic

with wes and flynn of the becnch

PurpleJesus
01-23-2011, 04:34 PM
GOOD FOR MINESOTTA a dumb franchise...why th,e hell did they select two point guards back to back. They thought it would be leverage for a trade they are stupid. They should have pick him & someone else that could help them
F@#$%&G idiots. & shut the hell up an play rubio you haven't proven you can do anything yet in the league he might be like all those other guards from those spanish league teams who wont do anything in th nba.

You calling anything stupid is a little ironic.

Hoopsadvocate
01-23-2011, 04:35 PM
im suprised the Lakers arent on the list. They could use him seeing as how fisher is done soon or are they betting it all on blake?

Bynum for Darko and rubio.

The_Pharouh
01-23-2011, 04:37 PM

:clap:

RCarlson85
01-23-2011, 04:37 PM
I don't want him on the Heat. He's not anything special. He's not even that good over in Europe, so it's not going to get easier for him here. No thanks, I would rather have Chalmers. He was a wasted pick by the Wolves. He can stay in Europe forever for all I care.

kjoke
01-23-2011, 04:38 PM
how has rubio been over there in the euroleauge? i checked his stats and they dont seem very amazing, nevertheless neither did jennings.

blueplanet
01-23-2011, 04:39 PM

LOL...I feel ya bro. But I am pretty sure you ALONE will be good enough to defend Kahn if needed.

Flash3
it's funny cause he thinks we want him.

_Supreme_

People who probably have trouble wiping their own hiney don't count, or do they?

:p

RCarlson85
01-23-2011, 04:41 PM
He should have to play for the Wolves if he comes over here. They drafted him, that's where he should have to play at least during his initial contract. That's how the draft works. If you're a "good" prospect you will be drafted by a bad team. Just accept that you aren't going to be able to play in NY, BOS, MIA...at first at least. Quit being a little *****.

Russollini
01-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Yes do you think so, really?

And, considering he was/is being viewed by Minnesota as their second most valuable asset, do you think they would have said "Sure Pat, please take him off our hands"... ?

:smoking:

Rubio has said all along he did not want to play for Minny. They are set at PG anyway. Trading the rights of a guy who has these stats:
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=LFW

Honestly, the guy has 6 points and 4 assists per game. Beas showed he could play and was WAY undervalued. He is playing very well in Minny and was a former 1/2 pick in the draft as he could have gone either way. He is still young and developing to boot. Him for Rubio would have actually made sense for everyone as any second rounder we get will never play anyway.

I personally think Rubio is WAY overrated, and will never be an elite G in the NBA. He needs to play for a team where all he has to do is dish as his handles are his best asset.

Hawkeye15
01-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Rubio has said all along he did not want to play for Minny. They are set at PG anyway. Trading the rights of a guy who has these stats:

Honestly, the guy has 6 points and 4 assists per game. Beas showed he could play and was WAY undervalued. He is playing very well in Minny and was a former 1/2 pick in the draft as he could have gone either way. He is still young and developing to boot. Him for Rubio would have actually made sense for everyone as any second rounder we get will never play anyway.

I personally think Rubio is WAY overrated, and will never be an elite G in the NBA. He needs to play for a team where all he has to do is dish as his handles are his best asset.

I can see you haven't watched a Wolves game since the 2004 playoffs.

PurpleJesus
01-23-2011, 04:43 PM

show me once where rubio has said he will not play for the wolves....please, just show me one time. You say he has said it all along, but I challenge you to show me once where he has said it.

_Supreme_
01-23-2011, 04:44 PM
im suprised the Lakers arent on the list. They could use him seeing as how fisher is done soon or are they betting it all on blake?

Didn't Rubio make it clear he doesn't like Kobe Bryant a while ago?

I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading something like that last year.

Russollini
01-23-2011, 04:45 PM

Bynum for Darko and rubio.

It makes sense, he wants an easy flight home.

Hoopsadvocate
01-23-2011, 04:45 PM

Oh i dont know about anything like that. Can anyone else confirm this.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-23-2011, 04:46 PM
oh god here we go.
he should be happy he made it to a dam NBA team.

PurpleJesus
01-23-2011, 04:47 PM

i never heard anything like that, Kobe has been one of Rubio's biggest supporters from an NBA stand point as well, so I don't think there would be any reason at all for Rubio to not like Kobe.

Sixerlover
01-23-2011, 04:48 PM
lets get the facts straight here...an unnamed source in Rubio's camp says he doesnt want to play for the wolves.

Rubio himself (what better source than that) has said he will play for the wolves.

Rubio saying he will play for the wolves >>>>> an unnamed source saying he won't.

Recently?

Hawkeye15
01-23-2011, 04:48 PM
LOL...I feel ya bro. But I am pretty sure you ALONE will be good enough to defend Kahn if needed.

I get tired boss...

_Supreme_
01-23-2011, 04:49 PM

Yes that could all be, maybe, but my point is that the the only thing that matters is how high Minnesota is on him, and there is no way they would have given him up in that deal even if Pat had asked (I wouldn't be surprised if he even "jokingly" did).

And Beas had the bad rep at that time. HEAT fans knows the bad rep was 95% nonsense, but apparently a lot of others bought into it.

JDizzle
**** him johnny flynn does work

PurpleJesus
Recently?

about a month and a half ago

Sixerlover
01-23-2011, 04:50 PM
any time...show me once where rubio has said he will not play for the wolves.

No, I mean he said he'll play for the Wolves recently?

I'm still in the dark on the whole situation and would like to see some links to both sides of the argument.

Russollini
01-23-2011, 04:50 PM
I can see you haven't watched a Wolves game since the 2004 playoffs.

Right because Luke Ridnour Sucks? Flynn is having a second year set back? Rubio's 6 Points and 4 Assists will be the difference maker, right?

_Supreme_
01-23-2011, 04:51 PM
i never heard anything like that, Kobe has been one of Rubio's biggest supporters from an NBA stand point as well, so I don't think there would be any reason at all for Rubio to not like Kobe.

Maybe I'm confused with Brandon Jennings then, but one of them was involved in a Kobe diss last year.

Hawkeye15
01-23-2011, 04:52 PM
**** him johnny flynn does work

Flynn was eh last year, and has SUCKED this season so far. Trying to be patient while he works back into shape from hip surgery, but he is easily the worst player on the floor when he plays. Telfair should be playing over him.

PurpleJesus
01-23-2011, 04:55 PM
No, I mean he said he'll play for the Wolves recently?

I'm still in the dark on the whole situation and would like to see some links to both sides of the argument.

yeah, sorry, I misread your post, I edited my own post...but yeah, about 6 weeks ago, a story came out that Rubio has given the wolves his word that he will play for them next season.

Hawkeye15
01-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Right because Luke Ridnour Sucks? Flynn is having a second year set back? Rubio's 6 Points and 4 Assists will be the difference maker, right?

Ridnour is the definition of a good backup, nothing more. Flynn is horrible this season. HORRIBLE. I can't stress that enough.

Do you really want to take me on evaluating the Wolves? It would be a complete waste of your time.

Go look at Jennings numbers. Look at Rubio's FIBA play. Look at the game tape against the US last summer. He will be just fine.

PurpleJesus

no ridnour doesnt suck, but he is not a great starter...he is ideal off the bench...and yes, flynn has had a HUGE setback from his rookie season that wasnt even that great.

Russollini
show me once where rubio has said he will not play for the wolves....please, just show me one time. You say he has said it all along, but I challenge you to show me once where he has said it.

http://ripcityreport.com/nba-buzz/fiba-worlds-5-trade-suitors-that-get-ricky-rubio-out-of-minnesota/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/241610-can-ricky-rubio-play-in-the-nba (look under maturity). He later signed a new contract to stay in Spain, wonder why?

PurpleJesus
01-23-2011, 04:59 PM
http://ripcityreport.com/nba-buzz/fiba-worlds-5-trade-suitors-that-get-ricky-rubio-out-of-minnesota/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/241610-can-ricky-rubio-play-in-the-nba (look under maturity). He later signed a new contract to stay in Spain, wonder why?

once again, show me where rubio has said it...and god, please dont use bleacherreport as evidence

Minimal
Rubio my ***

BkOriginalOne
Rubio wants to share PG mins with Rondo? Why?
I'd like to see Rubio play for the Clippers.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
LOL everyone wants to play in the heat:laugh2:

SA5195
01-23-2011, 05:00 PM
None of these teams need him. Knicks have Felton, C's have Rondo, and MIA has 2 ball dominant players.

ManRam
01-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Officially not a Rubio fan anymore...

Hawkeye15
01-23-2011, 05:01 PM

did you just use bleacherreport to provide sound evidence? Wow

0nekhmer
01-23-2011, 05:02 PM
i think you guys need to read the fine print a little more
"but the family’s preference is to be on the East Coast, specifically New York, Miami or Boston"
none of this is coming from his mouth. so his family could just like those particular cities, even tho their stacked as ****

Hawkeye15
01-23-2011, 05:02 PM

ManRam, you should know better than to buy into a NY media outlet source regarding Rubio, let alone any other player.

BigBlueCrew
01-23-2011, 05:04 PM

What do you have against players stating where they would like to play? Even if this report turns out false

Knickrocketsfan
No way in hell do i want him here.

yea who would want a pg that several stars said he is the real deal:rolleyes:(Kobe williams paul kidd)

knicks=love
why don't we just cut the timberwolves out of the league? :up:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Btw the thread title is misleading, Rubio hasn't said it.

And what is he afraid of?
Wolves have a good future ahead: Beasley, Love, Johnson

Russollini
01-23-2011, 05:08 PM
no ridnour doesnt suck, but he is not a great starter...he is ideal off the bench...and yes, flynn has had a HUGE setback from his rookie season that wasnt even that great.

Luke is the 16 PG in the league this year, and he is number 9 in the last 30 days.

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/13693/players?sort=AR&sdir=1&status=ALL&pos=PG&stat1=S_AL30&jsenabled=1

Ryan328
01-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Honestly forgot all about this dude.

MacFitz92
01-23-2011, 05:12 PM
This is the precedent LeBron has laid down.

championships
01-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Let his *** stay over seas then. Plenty of other up and coming kids out there with dreams and who would and appreciate playing in the N.B.A. If he thinks he has real skills, then wouldn't be more satisfying to go to a bad team and make them perennial contenders?. Seems like these players want the easy rout to success these days.

masTOR_shake1
01-23-2011, 05:16 PM
rubio = *********. "i want to play for the heat or celtics or ny" :facepalm: sounds like some players are bandwagon *****es too.

DitchDat
01-23-2011, 05:18 PM
these player demands are getting old quick. I'm sick of it.

JayAllDay
01-23-2011, 05:20 PM
I am giving him the benefit of the doubt but shooting 18% from downtown and averaging 2+ turnovers is pretty terrible. Rest of his numbers are not terrible but it's just enough to be not terrible

His numbers here

I have no idea what kind of rotation his team uses, or maybe he's being coddled because he's a "prized commodity", so maybe he's as good as he's hyped up to be. So far, I am not impressed.

I have a strong suspicion that he's never gonna play in the NBA.

gilly
01-23-2011, 05:21 PM
This guy is a bad representative for European basketball players.

There needs to be a rule for European players that means that thy can't do what this kid has done, that rules that they cannot enter the draft if they do not sign an NBA contract with the team that drafts them within 24 months or else they are liable to a huge fine to the individual.

Sixerlover
01-23-2011, 05:21 PM
This is the precedent LeBron has laid down.

Spare me. LeBron played out 2 deals with the team that drafted him before he left in FREE AGENCY. Nothing like this.

If anybody got the ball rolling on the "I don't want to play for the team that drafted me, send me to a big market" train it was Kobe

Bornknick73
01-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Yeah I gotta frown on Rubio for it as well. It's totally worse then lebron and Melo combined. Its a dream to even get drafted. If youre gonna be a little girl at least wait until youre in the League. Being drafted alone is a honor I dont think should be crapped on.

If you get drafted to New Brunswick.....you go.

Bornknick73
01-23-2011, 05:30 PM
But as far as this statement is concerned its all ********. Its setting up to be something to write about inbetween the Melo crap and the Summer of 2D12 and CP3.

NYtilIdie
01-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Oh jesus.....

hugepatsfan
01-23-2011, 05:35 PM
No room for him in BOS. MIA doesn't have the assets and NY has Felton. I think NY would be interested, but Felton is good enough that I don't think they would trade the neccessary pieces for him.

arosen36
01-23-2011, 05:38 PM
dicky rubio, the justin bieber of the nba, stay in spain

arosen36
01-23-2011, 05:38 PM
No room for him in BOS. MIA doesn't have the assets and NY has Felton. I think NY would be interested, but Felton is good enough that I don't think they would trade the neccessary pieces for him.

feltons proven, they wouldnt give him up for this joke who hasnt played a second in the nba

KingPosey
01-23-2011, 05:40 PM
**** this little F@#$*T. He is an extremely overrated, self entitled, stuck up little *****. He has done NOTHING, and who is he to call any shots?

Gators123
01-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Another diva in the NBA, great!

The princess needs to stay in Spain.

dmode
01-23-2011, 05:50 PM
I think hes entitled to his own opinion about playing where he wants to play. But i dont understand why he would want to play in MIN right now? Love/Beasely/Johnson...there a pretty good team

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Who knows if he really does not want to play for wolves, then maybe we see a "Decision" in european style:laugh2:

ESPN broadcasting live feed from Barcelona lol

Hawkeye15
01-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Who knows if he really does not want to play for wolves, then maybe we see a "Decision" in european style:laugh2:

hahaha

"My decision on Minnesota: No bueno"

colinskik
01-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Ha, how does my *** taste, Kahn?

Bornknick73
01-23-2011, 05:55 PM

In Europe that would be bigger then the North American version x1000000000

Hawkeye15
01-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Ha, how does my *** taste, Kahn?

what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Hustla23
01-23-2011, 06:04 PM
This kid just continues to delay whatever NBA career he wishes to have.

Crackadalic
01-23-2011, 06:09 PM
He better be a future hall of famer because ive never seen a guy who never played in the nab act like such a prick

iliketurtles24
01-23-2011, 06:14 PM
What's wrong with someone wanting to choose where they play? The whole sports draft thing in general is pretty anti american. Not much freedom if you HAVE to work for a specific team for the first so many years of your career. As with all athletes who make this decision I applaud Rubio for standing up to the system.

I know playing a professional sport is a dream for a lot of us, but playing in a foreign country, in a less desirable locale, with no fam or friends in the city isn't a dream I think many have. So show some sympathy for the guy. His dream of one day playing in the NBA got shafted by being drafted by one of the worst gm's in the sport to play for a crap team in a place he has no interest whatsoever living in or even visiting for that matter. If he doesn't want to go to Minny he has every right to try and get himself on another team, and in the meantime he can keep playing in Europe, close to home, family, and friends.

your telling me you wouldn't play your favorite sport in another country for millions of dollars and PLAYING a SPORT, really. And the wolves are not that bad, they just lack a couple a pieces from being good, they are very competitive, just cant close out games. this article is stupid and has nothing to back it up, if he wants to be traded prove yourself first and then ask to be traded

Giaps
01-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Rubio. The indecision part deux.

97NYer
01-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Son of a ***** I don't want him in NY, we have Felton. Also, the Celtics have Rondo and Rubio would not be ideal for the Heat (Can't shoot, needs ball in his hands). He should play in Minny with Love and Beasley, that team would eventually be great if he is as good as he's been built up to be.

gwrighter
01-23-2011, 06:21 PM
If this source is correct and not purely speculation, who the **** does this guy think he is? he wants to play for a contender and he hasn't even played 1 game in the NBA. for all we know he could be a flop. rookies do what they're told.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2011, 06:23 PM
hahaha

"My decision on Minnesota: No bueno"

:laugh:

Derick713
01-23-2011, 06:27 PM
The Heat and Celtics don't need Rubio. He's not a great defender or shooter. The Knicks may like his potential. The Knicks might want to see if he can be an upgrade over Felton. Maybe the T-Wolves should ship him to Toronto for Bayless and a 1st Round Pick.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2011, 06:28 PM
But seriously the kid should shut up and play, nobody forced him against his will to enter the draft.

If you don't want to play for losing teams, then go undrafted simple as that.

astrosmaniac
01-23-2011, 06:40 PM
rfa

then he signs the one year tender and plays 3 (maybe 4, cant remember if 1st round picks are a base of 2 or 3 years) years there and leaves as a FA

colinskik
01-23-2011, 06:46 PM
what the hell does that have to do with anything?
I didn't feel like going into a detailed post, so instead I went with that, which I thought would get the point across, which is this: If this news is true then Kahn not only wasted the pick but also wasted opportunities to get something tangible for him.

I know what I'm going to say next is not rooted in any type of fact or truth, but Kahn comes off as a gigantic prick, so anything that bites him in the *** seems deserving.

Also, I knew you'd be the one to respond to my comment since you are the Kahn of PSD for all intents and purposes. "PSD's Kahn."

avrpatsfan
01-23-2011, 06:50 PM
I see why he wants to be on the Celtics but it isn't happening. Why would we possibly need him? The Knicks seem likely.

colinskik
01-23-2011, 06:52 PM
@Hawkeye15

Looks like I was pretty close -- "Defender of Kahn" more like "Fluffer of Kahn."

nolafan33
01-23-2011, 06:53 PM
This is so sickening. Melo, Rubio, etc etc

Just pathetic. Since when do these guys have the right to say where they'll play and where they won't?

Hunter48MVP
01-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Rubio is a little baby.

Hawkeye15
01-23-2011, 06:56 PM
I didn't feel like going into a detailed post, so instead I went with that, which I thought would get the point across, which is this: If this news is true then Kahn not only wasted the pick but also wasted opportunities to get something tangible for him.

I know what I'm going to say next is not rooted in any type of fact or truth, but Kahn comes off as a gigantic prick, so anything that bites him in the *** seems deserving.

Also, I knew you'd be the one to respond to my comment since you are the Kahn of PSD for all intents and purposes. "PSD's Kahn."

ah, so you are living in speculation, and most likely view it as a wasted pick because how dare someone take a player Knicks fans liked.

And since you call Kahn a prick, and I am the residential Kahn, what are you implying?

Sixerlover
01-23-2011, 07:02 PM
And since you call Kahn a prick, and I am the residential Kahn, what are you implying?

I smell somebody warming up the ban hammer...

Super.
01-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Celtics? lolwut?

schilling
01-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Its easy to say that you want to play for a "good" team or a team with a large market.

Shouldn't have entered the draft if he didnt want to go to Minnesota. He needs to get over it.

colinskik
01-23-2011, 07:06 PM
ah, so you are living in speculation, and most likely view it as a wasted pick because how dare someone take a player Knicks fans liked.

I am implying exactly what you think I'm implying because you make statements like the one above.

Just to clarify, I think it's a wasted pick because Rubio hasn't played one minute of ball for Minny and if this latest report is true, won't ever play a minute of ball for Minny. There shouldn't be any argument that up to this point it's been a waste.

And I'd like to know how exactly I'm "living in speculation." I maintain that my opinion is based on the news that this thread is based on. I'm not speculating. The author of this rumor may be, but I am not.

Resident Kahn...

topdog
01-23-2011, 07:08 PM

How so? I think pissing off entitled New Yorkers is more than worth a 5th pick! Anyway, Rubio has no choice to pass through the Wolves into the NBA and for all we could care he can sit in Europe and be "the best never to reach the NBA." No value lost because Kahn's doing the right thing and not being pushed around by players or agents.

Bruno
01-23-2011, 07:09 PM
The Wolves should sit on him and let him rot. If he wants to play hard ball fine. Keep him out of the league for as long as possible. I can't stand Rubios camp.

Corey
01-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Celtics?

:laugh2:

Why would he ever want to play in Boston? That makes no sense.

colinskik
01-23-2011, 07:17 PM
How so? I think pissing off entitled New Yorkers is more than worth a 5th pick! Anyway, Rubio has no choice to pass through the Wolves into the NBA and for all we could care he can sit in Europe and be "the best never to reach the NBA." No value lost because Kahn's doing the right thing and not being pushed around by players or agents.
It's amazing that some out there think every Knick fan wants Rubio and then make asinine statements based on that assumption. If you care to know, I wanted the Knicks to draft Curry, not Rubio. I'm not going to lie, I would have liked the Knicks to somehow work out a deal to bring him to NY, but as of now I'm satisfied with our PG. I'm not dreaming about him wearing a Knicks jersey. Not in the slightest.

This brings me to my main point. If all the news that's been out there since the 2009 draft is true, then Kahn knew Rubio didn't want to play in Minny. Kahn took a chance and it's backfired. Plain and simple. Then instead of trying to move him to get someone who will actually play, he continues to be the typical stubborn GM.

Hell, if you, your fellow fans, and your GM would rather try to screw the Knicks instead of trying to improve your team, then I hope you're happy with a subpar team for years to come.

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 07:18 PM
someone in rubio's camp? i wonder who that is? they can't even name the source, therefore, I doubt the validity of the article.

someone with brains in psd :cheers:

CityofChaos
01-23-2011, 07:24 PM
I feel bad for Twolves fans. He can potentially turn that team around with Love and Beasley but yet hes just another one of those big market **** suckers...

CityofChaos
01-23-2011, 07:25 PM
someone with brains in psd :cheers:

Stop trying to defend your spanish idol. The dude made it clear last season that he didnt want to be drafted by a small market team nor play for them...spoiled little brat.

dturpin598
01-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Since he wants to play on the east coast the Twolves should trade him to the Kings so the little baby can be as far away from his family as possible.

topdog
01-23-2011, 07:29 PM
It's amazing that some out there think every Knick fan wants Rubio and then make asinine statements based on that assumption. If you care to know, I wanted the Knicks to draft Curry, not Rubio. I'm not going to lie, I would have liked the Knicks to somehow work out a deal to bring him to NY, but as of now I'm satisfied with our PG. I'm not dreaming about him wearing a Knicks jersey. Not in the slightest.

This brings me to my main point. If all the news that's been out there since the 2009 draft is true, then Kahn knew Rubio didn't want to play in Minny. Kahn took a chance and it's backfired. Plain and simple. Then instead of trying to move him to get someone who will actually play, he continues to be the typical stubborn GM.

Hell, if you, your fellow fans, and your GM would rather try to screw the Knicks instead of trying to improve your team, then I hope you're happy with a subpar team for years to come.

See, this is my favorite part - now you think you actually have a good team. A playoff team: yes. Good: not so much. Yes they will be in the playoffs but in a weak East with an early exit.

I don't see how turning a former GMs failed acquisitions into the "best player in Europe" becomes a mistake just because the what 20(?) year old kid isn't here yet. It was a bonus pick as far as I'm concerned and it will turn into something. Now, the Jonny Flynn pick is not looking so great. He is coming off hip surgery but he probably just is not right for the Wolves.

And what "typical stubborn GM?" Too many times we see GMs moving guys because they refuse to play for them or decided they want a trade. There is nothing typical about the man so many PSD posters have been ******** on in the last year and a half. He's built a pretty good team this year and looks to have Rubio next year according to other sources. I didn't say I wanted to do anything to Knicks fans - I really don't give a crap but you all turn Kahn's shooting down of Donnie Walsh as a personal offense rather than a business move. I just said that it was worthwhile enough.

sciferguy
01-23-2011, 07:38 PM
If minnesota was my team I would want to just get something valuable for him..they drafted him knowing he didn't wat o play there..they are wasting their own time along with this kids time...send him to the clippers

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Stop trying to defend your spanish idol. The dude made it clear last season that he didnt want to be drafted by a small market team nor play for them...spoiled little brat.

Oh yeah=?

Show me the youtube video of him saying it.

Tak emne to the link of some RADIO emission where he said so.

people shoudl stop talking bout what they have NO ****ING IDEA ABOUT:

bradyoverrated
01-23-2011, 07:43 PM
i have a question:

what prevents him or any other player from signing with a team as a free agent, rather than entering the draft?

Hellcrooner
Celtics?

:laugh2:

Why would he ever want to play in Boston? That makes no sense.

Another hint that the Ny journalist made it all up.

citing some camp Sources he of course wont reveal......

B:S

thekmp211
everyone is entitled to their preferences. but there are hundreds of other guys in the league who aren't afforded the luxury of playing wherever they want. and it's not like he has a decade of service to the franchise to use as leverage.

if its true at all, its probably agents and people close to rubio trying to maximize what they can get out of him.

colinskik
01-23-2011, 07:45 PM
See, this is my favorite part - now you think you actually have a good team. A playoff team: yes. Good: not so much. Yes they will be in the playoffs but in a weak East with an early exit.

I don't see how turning a former GMs failed acquisitions into the "best player in Europe" becomes a mistake just because the what 20(?) year old kid isn't here yet. It was a bonus pick as far as I'm concerned and it will turn into something. Now, the Jonny Flynn pick is not looking so great. He is coming off hip surgery but he probably just is not right for the Wolves.

And what "typical stubborn GM?" Too many times we see GMs moving guys because they refuse to play for them or decided they want a trade. There is nothing typical about the man so many PSD posters have been ******** on in the last year and a half. He's built a pretty good team this year and looks to have Rubio next year according to other sources. I didn't say I wanted to do anything to Knicks fans - I really don't give a crap but you all turn Kahn's shooting down of Donnie Walsh as a personal offense rather than a business move. I just said that it was worthwhile enough.
I don't know what you're reading and/or smoking but I DO NOT think the Knicks are good. They've been a mirage all season and desperately need to make a move by the deadline if they expect to make any noise in the playoffs. Honestly, where do you come up with this ish? Right after I accuse you of making silly assumptions based on no truth whatsoever, you come back and do it again! You truly are ridiculous.

Now I'm going to break down some of your post. So you think having the fifth pick in the draft is a"bonus pick?" How about thinking about this rationally. You're GM, you have the 5th and 6th pick in the draft, and you pick two PGs, one who has stated he doesn't want to play for Minny, AND you sign another PG in Sessions?? Seems curious ... especially given the fact that Walsh showed interest in Rubio and Sessions, and of course their past student-mentor relationship. I'm not going to speculate whether Kahn's decisions were swayed by Walsh's thinking, but you have to admit that Kahn did make some head-scratching decisions.

And I didn't refer to Kahn as a "typical GM" who, as you correctly stated, would make rash moves just to make moves. He was being obviously stubborn though in more than one regard not to get something, anything out of the 5th pick in the draft. Do something, trade the pick, I don't know, but to get nothing out of it is a shame and a waste. The team has a lot of young talent and could of had another young piece...

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 07:45 PM
i have a question:

what prevents him or any other player from signing with a team as a free agent, rather than entering the draft?

the rules.

Lets say RUBIO wanted to do that.

He woudl not only have to wait until he was 23 .

he woudl have also to CROSSFINGERS that NO ONE decided to draft him the last year he was eligible.

Yeah you read it .

if you are playin outside usa, even if you DONT declare to the draft teams can draft you the last year of your eligibility frocing you to play where they want you to play.

Ill enver understand how of ALL COUNTRYS in the world its in USA where rules on teh pro leagues are BOTH COMMUNIST and deffending the rights to SLAVERY:

thekmp211
01-23-2011, 07:52 PM
i have a question:

i was wondering this myself, and am having trouble finding an answer online. anyone know the answer?

thekmp211
01-23-2011, 07:54 PM
the rules.

Lets say RUBIO wanted to do that.

He woudl not only have to wait until he was 23 .

he woudl have also to CROSSFINGERS that NO ONE decided to draft him the last year he was eligible.

Yeah you read it .

if you are playin outside usa, even if you DONT declare to the draft teams can draft you the last year of your eligibility frocing you to play where they want you to play.

Ill enver understand how of ALL COUNTRYS in the world its in USA where rules on teh pro leagues are BOTH COMMUNIST and deffending the rights to SLAVERY:

i think comparing these multimillionaires to slaves is a bit extreme, but it certainly doesn't make sense. sounds like an odd loophole.

Bishnoff
01-23-2011, 07:55 PM
It's bad enough when established players say they'll only play for certain teams. Rubio needs to grow up.

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 07:59 PM
It's bad enough when established players say they'll only play for certain teams. Rubio needs to grow up.

Sorry son you just came out form universtity and you have a degree on rocket science biut we have drafter you to work at mcdonalds for 200 dollars a week .
Sorry son but you have to stay here for 3 years, and then we have the chance to match NASA offer and retein you here frying potatos and putting mustard on burgers.

Bruno
01-23-2011, 07:59 PM
i have a question:

i was wondering this myself, and am having trouble finding an answer online. anyone know the answer?

$$$$$

Take Kevin Love for example, the 5th pick in the 2008 NBA draft:
2008-2009- 3.1 million.
2009-2010- 3.4 million.
2010-2011- 3.6 million.
2011-2012- 4.6 million.
2012-2013- 6.1 million (qualifying offer).

If Rubio just signed as a free-agent he could be signed for less than $500,000 for his first year (minimum rookie contract). There might be another reason, but I think the payday has a lot to do with it. I don't see why teams couldn't just bid for his service if he avoided the draft. He'd surly get a bigger offer?

http://www.nba.com/news/cba_minimumsalary_050804.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/loveke01.html
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/minnesota.htm

colinskik
01-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Sorry son you just came out form universtity and you have a degree on rocket science biut we have drafter you to work at mcdonalds for 200 dollars a week .
Sorry son but you have to stay here for 3 years, and then we have the chance to match NASA offer and retein you here frying potatos and putting mustard on burgers.
So this is communist and a form of slavery?

Bruno
01-23-2011, 08:01 PM

I don't know about that. This doesn't have to do with money. It has to do with Rubio not wanting to play for the Wolves. The Wolves can offer the same rookie contract anybody else would be able to.

Tha Truth
01-23-2011, 08:03 PM
These players are paid millions to play basketball, the game most of them love and they are complaining about the city they play in? Very sad. This has to change.

thekmp211
01-23-2011, 08:04 PM
$$$$$

Take Kevin Love for example, the 5th pick in the 2008 NBA draft:
2008-2009- 3.1 million.
2009-2010- 3.4 million.
2010-2011- 3.6 million.
2011-2012- 4.6 million.
2012-2013- 6.1 million (qualifying offer).

If Rubio just signed as a free-agent he could be signed for less than $500,000 for his first year (minimum rookie contract). There might be another reason, but I think the payday has a lot to do with it. I don't see why teams couldn't just bid for his service if he avoided the draft. He'd surly get a bigger offer?

http://www.nba.com/news/cba_minimumsalary_050804.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/loveke01.html
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/minnesota.htm

basically you can't opt out of being a drafted player until after 23, and that last year a team can draft your rights regardless of whether you've entered the draft or not. seems like a very owner-centric model, to me.

kjoke
01-23-2011, 08:05 PM
lmao at the person comparing it to slavery and communism.

Rubio,, like all other players has a set of rules, he made him self DRAFT ELIGIBLE, not as if some team picked him up as their whore. Rubio put himself in the draft, and thus should oblige the rules, he has NO SAY in where he goes. Stop protecting a player who is clearly ****n an entire organization who wasted a top pick for a player who made himself able to draft. He's backing out of a deal, not salvery.

And with the 'he mises his family' ****, grow the **** up. in the world where we live in, if he wants to see his family he can book a trip back to spain, its not as if hes coming here with no money.

faridk89
01-23-2011, 08:06 PM

amen f this guy, no matter when he wants to come to the nba be it 15 years from now he should have to play for minny....these players are really starting to piss me off on a daily basis

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 08:10 PM
basically you can't opt out of being a drafted player until after 23, and that last year a team can draft your rights regardless of whether you've entered the draft or not. seems like a very owner-centric model, to me.

thats how it works.

And btw if rubio woudl have been drafted in the SECOND ROUND ( womething he woudl ahve preffered) he could have NEGOTIATED his salary with the team in order to PAY the BUYOUT he had with his team.

Yes he had a buyout.

Nba FORBIDS teams to pay more than 500000 dollars for buyouts.
So rubio woudl have to paid the rest of the buyout from his SALARY.

If he had been selected 1-3 AS IT WAS EXPECTED he woudl ahve been able to pay his part of the buyout and still get some money

if he had been drafted later by a big market city, they could ahve proveded him the ENDORSEMENTS to pay his buyout.

but he was drafted 5th by MINNESSOTTA.

this meant he woudl have had to use his WHOLE ROOKIE salary money to pay his buyout.

this means he woudl ahve had to play 3 years FOR FREE with the risk of LOSING it all if he had a career ending injury.

And to make thing worse they drafted A PG with the very NEXT pick and then yet another pg with a later pick and sigend sessions.

be honest, would you play for FREE for three years with the risk of an injury ending your way of living?

But talking crap is cheap, specially if it is about a foreigner.

Melo4Mvp
01-23-2011, 08:13 PM
I don't want him on the Heat. He's not anything special. He's not even that good over in Europe, so it's not going to get easier for him here. No thanks, I would rather have Chalmers. He was a wasted pick by the Wolves. He can stay in Europe forever for all I care.

Neither was Jennings :shrug:

thekmp211
01-23-2011, 08:17 PM
thats how it works.

And btw if rubio woudl have been drafted in the SECOND ROUND ( womething he woudl ahve preffered) he could have NEGOTIATED his salary with the team in order to PAY the BUYOUT he had with his team.

Yes he had a buyout.

Nba FORBIDS teams to pay more than 500000 dollars for buyouts.
So rubio woudl have to paid the rest of the buyout from his SALARY.

If he had been selected 1-3 AS IT WAS EXPECTED he woudl ahve been able to pay his part of the buyout and still get some money

if he had been drafted later by a big market city, they could ahve proveded him the ENDORSEMENTS to pay his buyout.

but he was drafted 5th by MINNESSOTTA.

this meant he woudl have had to use his WHOLE ROOKIE salary money to pay his buyout.

this means he woudl ahve had to play 3 years FOR FREE with the risk of LOSING it all if he had a career ending injury.

And to make thing worse they drafted A PG with the very NEXT pick and then yet another pg with a later pick and sigend sessions.

be honest, would you play for FREE for three years with the risk of an injury ending your way of living?

But talking crap is cheap, specially if it is about a foreigner.

nope not at all. i think the system is silly, especially with these stupid rules regarding foreign players.

but...surely he had an agent that knew all this. and he still entered the draft. that decision means he can't start complaining about the system.

i have no problem with him sitting out his contract, but to be attempting to leverage to a bigger and/or better market already is ridiculous. and that, like someone else said, has nothing to do with money.

im not "talking crap" about him because he's a foreigner. as you said the article may not even be valid but lets prove something in the league before developing an obnoxious entitled-streak, you know?

topdog
01-23-2011, 08:18 PM
I don't know what you're reading and/or smoking but I DO NOT think the Knicks are good. They've been a mirage all season and desperately need to make a move by the deadline if they expect to make any noise in the playoffs. Honestly, where do you come up with this ish? Right after I accuse you of making silly assumptions based on no truth whatsoever, you come back and do it again! You truly are ridiculous.

Now I'm going to break down some of your post. So you think having the fifth pick in the draft is a"bonus pick?" How about thinking about this rationally. You're GM, you have the 5th and 6th pick in the draft, and you pick two PGs, one who has stated he doesn't want to play for Minny, AND you sign another PG in Sessions?? Seems curious ... especially given the fact that Walsh showed interest in Rubio and Sessions, and of course their past student-mentor relationship. I'm not going to speculate whether Kahn's decisions were swayed by Walsh's thinking, but you have to admit that Kahn did make some head-scratching decisions.

And I didn't refer to Kahn as a "typical GM" who, as you correctly stated, would make rash moves just to make moves. He was being obviously stubborn though in more than one regard not to get something, anything out of the 5th pick in the draft. Do something, trade the pick, I don't know, but to get nothing out of it is a shame and a waste. The team has a lot of young talent and could of had another young piece...

Okay, so I will say I'm sorry if I assumed you saying you were satisfied with Felton meant you thought you had a good team. Sure. Oh, and where I come up with this "ish" is from Knicks posters. They tend to say things like: "Seems curious ... especially given the fact that Walsh showed interest in Rubio and Sessions"

Umm... well for one thing, Minnesota has rarely had a good PG and at that moment had Sebastian Telfair at the top of the depth chart. Another is that nearly everyone had Rubio at the top of their PG list - he was the "top European player!" Sessions was just about the only good PG available in FA but no one wanted to spend their money as they waited on the summer of 2010. Thirdly, it was a point-heavy draft and the Wolves had 4 1st round picks. That's looking at it rationally.

People want to bash Kahn for drafting 4 point guards like he's in love with them but he traded 2 away to get picks in a draft where there was more depth at other positions. They wanted to blame him for Rubio not coming over because he drafted Flynn, but then they want to say Rubio never was coming over. Isn't that hedging your bets? I mean you can't have it both ways. And signing Sessions was just smart. With Rubio remaining in Spain to reduce his buyout cost, we again only had one legitimate PG so why not sign a valuable guard like Sessions?

I quoted you exactly as saying "typical stubborn GM." I don't see anything typical about this assumed stubborness. Kahn knows he has time and he's using it. Too many GMs give in and that is why players think they get to decide where they play.

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 08:20 PM
These players are paid millions to play basketball, the game most of them love and they are complaining about the city they play in? Very sad. This has to change.

There are a lot of bussiness executives that are paid millions of dollars/euros to do the job they want to do.
You knwo what? they decide wich company they sign for, for how long they sign for, for how much money they sign for and they decide when to leave for another company they want to be in, if their contract is over the simply go to the other company, if it isnt they negotiate with their company compensation for letting them go.

Oh and Company x does nto have the right to SELL the executive to company Y.

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 08:23 PM
nope not at all. i think the system is silly, especially with these stupid rules regarding foreign players.

but...surely he had an agent that knew all this. and he still entered the draft. that decision means he can't start complaining about the system.

i have no problem with him sitting out his contract, but to be attempting to leverage to a bigger and/or better market already is ridiculous. and that, like someone else said, has nothing to do with money.

im not "talking crap" about him because he's a foreigner. as you said the article may not even be valid but lets prove something in the league before developing an obnoxious entitled-streak, you know?

problem is the kid, nor his parents or brothers have not said jack but journalists keep coming over and over with this crap.

Knowing new youk wants him badly i wouldnt be surprised if all this bs articles where an orchestrated plan to try to force khan to trad ehim to the team of the city this journalists work for.

blueplanet
01-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Show me the youtube video of him saying it.
:

Dude, just stop it. It doesn't have to be on the public from his own voice. It's clear he doesn't want to play for a small market team. He wants to play in bigger spotlight, in bigger markets. You are probably the only person on PSD who doesn't get it. Stop being so adamant and trying to defend him against something that's been so obvious. He should just play in Minny or Minny should just let him rot in spain/europe.

Spiggity_ace
01-23-2011, 08:25 PM
LOL **** this guy, they got johnny flynn do they not, he aint bad, id give away riubio no matter how good he is, i cant see this guy being a star in the league maybe a mid level player

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Dude, just stop it. It doesn't have to be on the public from his own voice. It's clear he doesn't want to play for a small market team. He wants to play in bigger spotlight, in bigger markets. You are probably the only person on PSD who doesn't get it. Stop being so adamant and trying to defend him against something that's been so obvious. He should just play in Minny or Minny should just let him rot in spain/europe.

yeah because spain/europe is hell and we all know it.....im rotting myself right now .

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 08:27 PM
LOL **** this guy, they got johnny flynn do they not, he aint bad, id give away riubio no matter how good he is, i cant see this guy being a star in the league maybe a mid level player

if you call star arenas, ellis or iverson no he wont be a star.

if you call a star JASON KIDD then MAYYYYYYYYBEEEEEEE ( its not a sure hting) he can be one-.

Mplsman
01-23-2011, 08:29 PM
This is all BS. I'll believe it when it comes from Ricky's mouth, not some "unnamed source." There is a reason that this source is unnamed, because it's not official in the slightest.

stawka
01-23-2011, 08:30 PM
LOL I knew as soon as I saw the thread title, that Ze Crooner would come up with some BS -- surely, I wasn't wrong. Thanks Mr. Crooner

Bruno
01-23-2011, 08:32 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 08:32 PM
LOL I knew as soon as I saw the thread title, that Ze Crooner would come up with some BS -- surely, I wasn't wrong. Thanks Mr. Crooner

actually the whole thread except for some posters with brains is b.s

thekmp211
01-23-2011, 08:34 PM
problem is the kid, nor his parents or brothers have not said jack but journalists keep coming over and over with this crap.

Knowing new youk wants him badly i wouldnt be surprised if all this bs articles where an orchestrated plan to try to force khan to trad ehim to the team of the city this journalists work for.

lol?

stawka
01-23-2011, 08:35 PM
The guy is an idiot. You made yourself eligible for the draft -- no matter what the team, STFU and play! Play out your rookie contract, then go elsewhere. Until then, STFU and play -- if you don't want to play for certain teams, don't put yourself in the draft -- stay in Europe and enjoy your time there

LakersMaster24
01-23-2011, 08:36 PM
This Rubio kid should shut the hell up. He acts like a little kid saying " I miss my family". He didnt even play in the NBA, and his *****ing already?
I doubt New York would start him over Felton, or Celtics would start him over Rondo. It feels like he only wants to be on those team just because they are pretty successful, and are the only teams he heard of...

RUBIO = BUST.

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 08:39 PM
The guy is an idiot. You made yourself eligible for the draft -- no matter what the team, STFU and play! Play out your rookie contract, then go elsewhere. Until then, STFU and play -- if you don't want to play for certain teams, don't put yourself in the draft -- stay in Europe and enjoy your time there

please show me the interview where RUBIO himself or his parents say he wont play for wolves?.

btw theres a VERY SOLID chance he does not sign this season with the wolves ( NOR WITH ANYBODY ELSE)

because

1 theres is going to be a lockout and at age 20.....( god he still is 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) he is not going to pay his buyout not being able to sign a contract and sitting at home for maybe an entire season because that could be a problem to his developemente.

2 under the current Cba ( and i think this rule wont be touched in the new one) if he waits ONE more season to sign he is no longer restricted by rookie salary and he can negotiate his contract with Wolves in order that since he earns MORE he does not need to play for Free after paying the buyout.

Bruno
01-23-2011, 08:40 PM

This is how I feel as well. If he didn't want to play for a bottom dweller like all the best rookies do, then he should have continued to play as a professional in Spain until he's 23. Then, nobody will have feel as if they have been played, and he would be more respected.

Rubio should hold himself accountable. Entering the draft with no intentions of playing for the team that drafted him was stupid on a personal level, and unfair to the Wolves. You reap what you sow.

colinskik
01-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Okay, so I will say I'm sorry if I assumed you saying you were satisfied with Felton meant you thought you had a good team. Sure. Oh, and where I come up with this "ish" is from Knicks posters. They tend to say things like: "Seems curious ... especially given the fact that Walsh showed interest in Rubio and Sessions"

Umm... well for one thing, Minnesota has rarely had a good PG and at that moment had Sebastian Telfair at the top of the depth chart. Another is that nearly everyone had Rubio at the top of their PG list - he was the "top European player!" Sessions was just about the only good PG available in FA but no one wanted to spend their money as they waited on the summer of 2010. Thirdly, it was a point-heavy draft and the Wolves had 4 1st round picks. That's looking at it rationally.

People want to bash Kahn for drafting 4 point guards like he's in love with them but he traded 2 away to get picks in a draft where there was more depth at other positions. They wanted to blame him for Rubio not coming over because he drafted Flynn, but then they want to say Rubio never was coming over. Isn't that hedging your bets? I mean you can't have it both ways. And signing Sessions was just smart. With Rubio remaining in Spain to reduce his buyout cost, we again only had one legitimate PG so why not sign a valuable guard like Sessions?

I quoted you exactly as saying "typical stubborn GM." I don't see anything typical about this assumed stubborness. Kahn knows he has time and he's using it. Too many GMs give in and that is why players think they get to decide where they play.
Just a couple of quick things and then I need to get back to watching football.

To think there was absolutely no personal feelings involved in Kahn's decisions is just ignoring the obvious. Kahn is like Walsh's little brother or son, for sake of this analogy. You don't think he wants to stick it to Walsh just a little bit?

Second, being the top European player doesn't really hold all that much clout. As everyone knows, being a European player is more often than not held against a player, and if memory serves correct, was even a blemish for Rubio, otherwise he may have been drafted #2 or #3 behind Griffin and Thabeet.

Like the Wolves, the Knicks also did not have a good PG (Duhon) but they didn't go out and sign every PG available (exaggeration in case you couldn't tell). And the draft isn't about hedging your bets. You go out there and try to make your team better, either by drafting the best talent out there or drafting according to need. Not drafting two PGs back to back because you know one will most likely not play. Perhaps if the Wolves had some time to let Rubio work eveything out, but they were awful and needed anything to help them get better.

I do agree with you, however, that a GM shouldn't let a player have all the power, but you also shouldn't get into a game of chicken with a player when you don't have to.

sunsfan88
01-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Trade Dragic to Minnesota for Rubio.

Rubio would be good once he takes lessons from Nash.

Bruno
01-23-2011, 08:42 PM
please show me the interview where RUBIO himself or his parents say he wont play for wolves?.
btw theres a VERY SOLID chance he does not sign this season with the wolves ( NOR WITH ANYBODY ELSE)

because

1 theres is going to be a lockout and at age 20.....( god he still is 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) he is not going to pay his buyout not being able to sign a contract and sitting at home for maybe an entire season because that could be a problem to his developemente.

2 under the current Cba ( and i think this rule wont be touched in the new one) if he waits ONE more season to sign he is no longer restricted by rookie salary and he can negotiate his contract with Wolves in order that since he earns MORE he does not need to play for Free after paying the buyout.

Crooner, it doesn't matter if he actually said it or didn't say it. It came out of his camp, which he is responsible for. He is the boss, they report to him. If a report comes out like this then it's his responsibility to come out and say it is not true.

If he doesn't, then his silence is equal to him agreeing with the report.

colinskik
01-23-2011, 08:42 PM
if you call star arenas, ellis or iverson no he wont be a star.

if you call a star JASON KIDD then MAYYYYYYYYBEEEEEEE ( its not a sure hting) he can be one-.
Jason Kidd is a future hall of famer. It's blasphemy to compare him to Kidd. C'mon now.

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 08:43 PM
This is how I feel as well. If he didn't want to play for a bottom dweller like all the best rookies do, then he should have continued to play as a professional in Spain until he's 23. Then, nobody will have feel as if they have been played, and he would be more respected.

Rubio should hold himself accountable. Entering the draft with no intentions of playing for the team that drafted him was stupid on a personal level, and unfair to the Wolves. You reap what you sow.

you know what would have happened if he stayed here until 23 not declaring to the draft all this years?

that when he was 23 in his last year he owudl become automatically eligible and some cellar dweller woudl draft him and hed be forced to play there if he wanted to be in the league.

IMO europeans players should be allowed to NOT BE AUTOMATICALLY eligible at age 23. ( this is not rubios case, but i jsut wanted to state it).

They also should allow teams to pay europeans teams buyouts compeltely and not the bs only 500k rule, if wolves coudl ahve paid his compelte buyout he woudl probably be here already.

Kinglorious
01-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Wow... what a punk! We all knew he wanted to play for New York, he was close to being drafted by them - but Boston and Miami? Gee, I wonder why he wants to go play for them? :rolleyes: What's funny is that Rubio can call the shots all of a sudden, even though he hasn't played one game in the NBA. He's already a drama queen, demanding trades and ****.

Timberwolves shouldn't have to deal with this crap. Call me old fashioned, but if you draft a player - that player should play for your team. They might not necessarily want too, but they were drafted!

Suck it up, Nancy-- er, Rubio. :cool:

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Jason Kidd is a future hall of famer. It's blasphemy to compare him to Kidd. C'mon now.

its blashphemy comparign blake griffing with karl malone?

both kids have the TOOLS to develop into that.-

wheter if they do or not deppendes on their work ethic, luck with injuries, be in the appropiate team, have the appropiate team mates etc.

faze38
01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Have to agree with most of the fans on here he should have no right to dictate were he wants to play as a rookie. On the other hand the man did tell Minny that he didn't want to play for them and they shouldn't have drafted him and Flynn. That was just messed up but they did and he should play out his rookie contract.

Bruno
01-23-2011, 08:48 PM
you know what would have happened if he stayed here until 23 not declaring to the draft all this years?

that when he was 23 in his last year he owudl become automatically eligible and some cellar dweller woudl draft him and hed be forced to play there if he wanted to be in the league.

IMO europeans players should be allowed to NOT BE AUTOMATICALLY eligible at age 23. ( this is not rubios case, but i jsut wanted to state it).

They also should allow teams to pay europeans teams buyouts compeltely and not the bs only 500k rule, if wolves coudl ahve paid his compelte buyout he woudl probably be here already.

IMO the player is responsible for that. You don't sign a contract, then disrespect that contract by entering a draft, implying that you will sign a new deal which voids you previous. Again, personal accountability. If the Spanish league doesn't want to lose their players to the NBA then maybe they should pay them more? How much does Rubio get paid by his Spanish team?

And I don't quite understand what you mean in the first part of your post. I thought that after 23 they could be free to sign with anyone they want and avoid the draft completely?

Does anybody know the actual rules on this? Can anyone provide a link??

stawka
01-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Its ridiculous. All top rookies go to garbage teams. Doesn't mean the city is garbage, but the team itself isn't in good shape. Blake to the Clippers, Durant to OKC, Rose to the Bulls etc. All teams struggling that get top picks... Get it?! You want to be a good player, then go to a **** team and turn the franchise around. Otherwise stay in Europe and let mediocre teams pick up players willing to put their social lives and bodies on the line, go to those teams and try make a positive impact. Too much ****ing freedom I say

colinskik
01-23-2011, 08:49 PM
its blashphemy comparign blake griffing with karl malone?

both kids have the TOOLS to develop into that.-

wheter if they do or not deppendes on their work ethic, luck with injuries, be in the appropiate team, have the appropiate team mates etc.
Well I didn't make that comparison, but at least Griffin is proving his worth IN THE NBA! He may even be the best PF in the game!

So the Griffn/Malone comparison can actually be debated. A Rubio/Kidd comparison is plain silly at this point in time.

smith&wesson
01-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Ill take him on the raps,

tpe plus expiring contract for rubio. or if khan wants another point gaurd we can trade calderon for him.

toronto is on east coast, and has alot of euro flavour maybe he would want to play there.

although i do think he is acting like a spoiled littel kid. you get drafted in the nba, you should go and play there and stop making things soo difficult your blessed with an oppertunity, its not your god given right.

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 08:53 PM

tpe plus expiring contract for rubio. or if khan wants another point gaurd we can trade calderon for him.

toronto is on east coast, and has alot of euro flavour maybe he would want to play there.

although i do think he is acting like a spoiled littel kid. you get drafted in the nba, you should go and play there and stop making things soo difficult your blessed with an oppertunity, its not your god given right.

if they do make sure they get Marc G in fA :D

topdog
01-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Just a couple of quick things and then I need to get back to watching football.

To think there was absolutely no personal feelings involved in Kahn's decisions is just ignoring the obvious. Kahn is like Walsh's little brother or son, for sake of this analogy. You don't think he wants to stick it to Walsh just a little bit?

Second, being the top European player doesn't really hold all that much clout. As everyone knows, being a European player is more often than not held against a player, and if memory serves correct, was even a blemish for Rubio, otherwise he may have been drafted #2 or #3 behind Griffin and Thabeet.

Like the Wolves, the Knicks also did not have a good PG (Duhon) but they didn't go out and sign every PG available (exaggeration in case you couldn't tell). And the draft isn't about hedging your bets. You go out there and try to make your team better, either by drafting the best talent out there or drafting according to need. Not drafting two PGs back to back because you know one will most likely not play. Perhaps if the Wolves had some time to let Rubio work eveything out, but they were awful and needed anything to help them get better.

I do agree with you, however, that a GM shouldn't let a player have all the power, but you also shouldn't get into a game of chicken with a player when you don't have to.

1. I think it's a business decision and NY had nothing to offer.

2. Rubio was the concensus #2 until he's representation started turning teams off. With Memphis, it was that J.C. Navarro had a bad experience his 1 yr. there. With Sacto, it was that Rubio wouldn't workout against anyone so worked out "against chairs." OKC didn't need him and Harden was the perfect fit.

3. Why didn't New York draft a better PG? They could have gotten Brandon Jennings or Collison or something. Instead they draft Hill... 2 PGs was a need. I would have preferred taking Rubio at 5 and someone else later but I really don't think any pick after 5 had much value because the talent was so even and it was pretty much just PGs.

4. Who knows the real truth? Some sources are saying Rubio has no intention of playing for the Wolves and others say he is simply waiting for a lower buyout and a better Wolves team. We'll find out soon enough... godwilling that there is no lockout.

Kinglorious
01-23-2011, 08:57 PM

Even if he did want to play here, I don't know if I'd want him. He has to mature - alot.

No, seriously - I'm sure he's a nice little brat once you get to know him and all... I know he has great potential, but he's already causing drama in a league he hasn't even sniffed yet.

HouRealCoach
01-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Trade his *** to Nets for their first Rounder... what young PG wouldnt want to play with Love, Beasley, Flynn, Ellington, Johnson, (This years pick), BRewer... THis **** is a LIE

colinskik
01-23-2011, 09:07 PM
1. I think it's a business decision and NY had nothing to offer.

2. Rubio was the concensus #2 until he's representation started turning teams off. With Memphis, it was that J.C. Navarro had a bad experience his 1 yr. there. With Sacto, it was that Rubio wouldn't workout against anyone so worked out "against chairs." OKC didn't need him and Harden was the perfect fit.

3. Why didn't New York draft a better PG? They could have gotten Brandon Jennings or Collison or something. Instead they draft Hill... 2 PGs was a need. I would have preferred taking Rubio at 5 and someone else later but I really don't think any pick after 5 had much value because the talent was so even and it was pretty much just PGs.

4. Who knows the real truth? Some sources are saying Rubio has no intention of playing for the Wolves and others say he is simply waiting for a lower buyout and a better Wolves team. We'll find out soon enough... godwilling that there is no lockout.
It seems like other teams opted against Rubio because they knew he would pull this type of move, yet Kahn wanted ignore the apparent.

I can't really agree that OKC didn't need him since it's still up in the air whether Westbrook can be a true point guard...

I don't know why the Knicks didn't draft a PG and I hated the Hill decision. But I'm willing to admit the Knicks s'd the bed on that, while fans like yourself adamantly defend Kahn's move, which was just as boneheaded. And let's not get into why the Knicks didn't draft the likes of Jennings or Collison, because nobody thought they were as talented as they have proven to be. You could argue the Wolves would have been better off drafting those guys above Flynn, so that's a moot point.

Mishmin
01-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Rubio staying in Barcelona. His family's from there, he's a star in the city.. Would you want to fly out to Minnesota from Barcelona? Plus he knows he can't hang with nba point guards right now. That being said, he's a little punk for acting this way. Shouldn't have entered the draft to begin with.

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 09:24 PM
:facepalm:
Rubio staying in Barcelona. His family's from there, he's a star in the city.. Would you want to fly out to Minnesota from Barcelona? Plus he knows he can't hang with nba point guards right now. That being said, he's a little punk for acting this way. Shouldn't have entered the draft to begin with.

because he have not already hanged out with paul, deron, kidd, wade, rose, westbrook and drawed good words from them........ man....

MrfadeawayJB
01-23-2011, 09:33 PM
stay classy Rubio

mlisica19
01-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Question is why not play for the NBA. What ever happened to play for the love of the game and when the "time" comes to play in the NBA you go where you go. Theres a reason for eveyrthing

I love Durant, and Griffen. Guys who have no problem with the franchise or city they play for. Modest guys who wake up every morning looking 2 improve themselves and their team

Mishmin
01-23-2011, 09:38 PM
:facepalm:

because he have not already hanged out with paul, deron, kidd, wade, rose, westbrook and drawed good words from them........ man....

huh?

beasted86
01-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Miami has nothing to trade for Rubio.

kjoke
01-23-2011, 09:40 PM

the red squiggly line under a word means you spelled it wrong, you know that right? Some of the things you say can actually sound very smart, now all you have to do is write it out so that it makes sense and not doesn't give the readers headaches.

Mishmin
Oh by hang, I meant that he couldn't play the same caliber basketball as the players you just mentioned.

knicksfan42
I don't see how turning a former GMs failed acquisitions into the "best player in Europe" becomes a mistake just because the what 20(?) year old kid isn't here yet.

Picking that kid right after selecting another point guard.

He's built a pretty good team this year
See, this is my favorite part - now you think you actually have a good team. A playoff team: no.
Good: no 30 wins: not likely.

I really don't give a crap but you all turn Kahn's shooting down of Donnie Walsh as a personal offense rather than a business move.

All Knicks fans, not even the majority, but all, don't factor this into their responses at all, frankly we don't give a ****.

superkegger
01-23-2011, 09:46 PM
If he doesn't want to play for the Wolves, I hope Kahn freezes him out of the NBA and never trades his rights. While it might be slightly sad from the standpoint we wouldn't get to see how good he could be, I'm ok with that. This is the nature of the beast. You enter the draft and play for who drafts you. Besides, why wouldn't you want to play with Kevin Love? Rubio is a lil *****.

iamsteel
01-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Who wouldn't prefer to play in Boston or Miami? He still will play for the Wolves sometime unless he actually says he won't play. This is just another example of people putting words in players mouths.

KnicksorBust
01-23-2011, 09:50 PM
If he doesn't want to play for the Wolves, I hope Kahn freezes him out of the NBA and never trades his rights. While it might be slightly sad from the standpoint we wouldn't get to see how good he could be, I'm ok with that. This is the nature of the beast. You enter the draft and play for who drafts you. Besides, why wouldn't you want to play with Kevin Love? Rubio is a lil *****.

It's amazing how a year can change your outlook. Wes Johnson-Michael Beasley-Kevin Love looks like a fun team to join if you're a young PG.

zambo4president
01-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Not exactly how it works Ricky.

superkegger
01-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Who wouldn't prefer to play in Boston or Miami? He still will play for the Wolves sometime unless he actually says he won't play. This is just another example of people putting words in players mouths.

He can want to play for an East Coast team all he wants. But as an unsigned rookie with absolutely no leverage, those are the kinds of comments you keep to yourself. That's the point. If he had just signed when he was drafted, he'd be another year closer to being out of that contract.

iamsteel
01-23-2011, 09:57 PM
He can want to play for an East Coast team all he wants. But as an unsigned rookie with absolutely no leverage, those are the kinds of comments you keep to yourself. That's the point. If he had just signed when he was drafted, he'd be another year closer to being out of that contract.

He couldn't sign when he was drafted because he had a contract in Europe. He would of had to play a year or two for free after his NBA money went to the buyout.

Mplsman
01-23-2011, 10:00 PM
This is all BS. I'll believe it when it comes from Ricky's mouth, not some "unnamed source." There is a reason that this source is unnamed, because it's not official in the slightest.

Hellcrooner
01-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Question is why not play for the NBA. What ever happened to play for the love of the game and when the "time" comes to play in the NBA you go where you go. Theres a reason for eveyrthing

I love Durant, and Griffen. Guys who have no problem with the franchise or city they play for. Modest guys who wake up every morning looking 2 improve themselves and their team

are durant and griffin playing their rookie contract years for FREE?

astrosmaniac
01-23-2011, 10:03 PM

has melo ever come out and directly stated himself that he will only sign with new york? no, but you damn well know its the truth

dodie53
01-23-2011, 10:05 PM
wtf is RR's problem?