PDA

View Full Version : Nene also made list of teams he would like to sign or traded to, one of them Miami

LTBaByyy
01-23-2011, 01:37 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14584064/postups-nene-impatient-with-nuggets-focus-on-melo

He is upset with all this attention on Melo when he can exterminate his contract after this season if he wants to

And the Nuggets havent talked about an extension with him

He has made a list of 3 teams he would sign with or be traded to,.one of them is Miami

It doesnt say the other 2, but im sure one of them is Denver

Who is the 3rd team and what do yall think?

UPDATE: The second team is the Mavs!!!!!!

Just saw it on hoops hype

unleashthebeast
01-23-2011, 01:39 PM
:dance: damn him on the heat would be great!

kjoke
01-23-2011, 01:39 PM
well it is miami

Bravo95
01-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Hawks

SteBO
01-23-2011, 01:40 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14584064/postups-nene-impatient-with-nuggets-focus-on-melo

He is upset with all this attention on Melo when he can exterminate his contract after this season if he wants to

He has made a list of 3 teams he would sign with or be traded to,.one of them is Miami

I think the third team could be NY, since that's where Melo is most likely going. Nene coming to Miami would make me extremely happy, but we'll see. I can't blame Nene for being pissed because he's being ignored and Denver hasn't shown any interest in re-signing him. Should be interesting to see what goes down.

Avenged
01-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Poor Denver, that team could fall apart quickly.. Rumors with Melo, Billups, and now Nene?

Wow. This is a solid playoff team capable of giving plenty of teams trouble.. And it seems like it's just going to end like that.

SteBO
01-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Hawks
Him on the Hawks would be great for them. It would put Al Horford in his natural spot as well as J-Smoove. They'd have a huge front line.

Baller1
01-23-2011, 01:42 PM
OKC!! Please!

Corey
01-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Piss poor job by their front office.

This team could legitimately make a playoff run NOW. What a shame.

29$JerZ
01-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Denver is going to be in the shadows soon if this is true

Imo the 3 places are likely Miami, NY and Thunder since all 3 needs a defensive big in the worse way and could see all 3 doing everything to S/T for him

SteBO
01-23-2011, 01:44 PM

Denver gives the Lakers problems all the time, they could make a deep playoff run, bt Melo's screwing it all up. They're a pretty fun team to watch when they're healthy.

210Don
01-23-2011, 01:45 PM
spurs please.

daleja424
two bits of news here:

1. Denver is in serious trouble...

2. The rest of the league is in trouble if he goes to Miami... :) No but for real, that would be a HUGE piece of the puzzle for Miami to win a title

OG "Dee" LOCc
send him and carmelo to ny...

SteBO
spurs please.
Aren't you guys big enough? :D Greedy :mad:

LTBaByyy
01-23-2011, 01:46 PM
I think the 3rd team is Hawks or NY

And I guess there is a small bright side to this, Kenyon Martin is a 16 million expiring and if Melo and Nene leave thats alot more money off the books!!!

Wouldnt that be like 45 mil in cap space??? Bc I know Denver is more an attractive place than Cleaveland for free agents

KnicksorBust
01-23-2011, 01:49 PM

I agree it's scary how quickly they could fall from a WCF team to a lottery team... but realistically what could they have done to keep that team together if Melo is dead-set against re-signing?

Faycem
01-23-2011, 01:52 PM
I think he says Miami just in case he is traded. No way he turns down an 11 million year (he has another year with a player option) for the MLE. No way.

SteBO
01-23-2011, 01:53 PM
I think he says Miami just in case he is traded. No way he turns down an 11 million year (he has another year with a player option) for the MLE. No way.
LOl at your sig. I didn't stop laughing :laugh2:

_Supreme_
01-23-2011, 01:57 PM
If Pat Riley can convince Denver they need Udonis Haslem, Joel Anthony and two salary filler scrubs it could work, but I'll have to see it before I believe it.

dwadefan03
01-23-2011, 01:59 PM
^ i doubt we trade haslem

John Walls Era
01-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Him on the Heat would be insane...

_Supreme_
01-23-2011, 02:04 PM
I think for a starting center we would. Nene is a very efficient player.

Either Haslem or Miller would have to be included in such a trade, otherwise it's simply financially impossible. Haslem has a smaller contract and would be a more appealing player for Denver Imo.

But Haslem took a paycut to stay, and has always been so loyal to the organization that I would object to him being traded for that reason alone.

justinnum1
01-23-2011, 02:04 PM
I feel bad for George Karl

LTBaByyy
01-23-2011, 02:12 PM
George Karl can never catch a break :(

marlinsfan24
01-23-2011, 02:14 PM
This would be sick.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4nobvul

And then the Heat sign Rip Hamilton if he's waived by the Pistons.

Wade
Hamilton
Bron
Bosh
Nene

GSRaider
01-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Warriors ( fingers crossed )

Antipod
01-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Now you see in what kind of **** Bron and Bosh transformed the NBA? :facepalm: :facepalm:

210Don
01-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Now you see in what kind of **** Bron and Bosh transformed the NBA? :facepalm: :facepalm:

true that.....ina few years theres gunna be all cav teams and all heat teams.... smh just like MLB

Trace
01-23-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't understand why Miami would need Nene. Nene is just an efficient scorer but he lacks the defensive tact that most teams you mentioned need. He would be a horrible addition to Bosh. They already have Bosh, who has been a rather efficient scorer for the Heat lately so I really doubt there's a need for Nene down south.

I do however see Nene going to OKC as they do need an interior scorer but it would contradict their plans for developing their youth. I do believe that adding Nene on OKC would put them over the top as it would give them a reliable interior offense. Something they lack with their tandem of Aldrich/Ibaka/Kristic/Collinson especially with Green their starting PF being a jump shooter.

Westbrook/KD/Green/Nene/Ibaka would be a pretty good team.

Other than OKC I do not see Nene being suitable on any other serious playoff team.

SteBO
01-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I don't understand why Miami would need Nene. Nene is just an efficient scorer but he lacks the defensive tact that most teams you mentioned need. He would be a horrible addition to Bosh. They already have Bosh, who has been a rather efficient scorer for the Heat lately so I really doubt there's a need for Nene down south.

I do however see Nene going to OKC as they do need an interior scorer but it would contradict their plans for developing their youth. I do believe that adding Nene on OKC would put them over the top as it would give them a reliable interior offense. Something they lack with their tandem of Aldrich/Ibaka/Kristic/Collinson especially with Green their starting PF being a jump shooter.

Other than OKC I do not see Nene being suitable on any other serious playoff team.
Miami could use some more size and bulk in the front court. Miami needs him a lot more than some realize.

John Walls Era
01-23-2011, 02:29 PM
This would be sick.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4nobvul

And then the Heat sign Rip Hamilton if he's waived by the Pistons.

Wade
Hamilton
Bron
Bosh
Nene
That teams would be unstoppable. But they need a long term answer at either PG or SG (depending on which one Wade doesn't play at).

Pens_fan_21
01-23-2011, 02:30 PM
LOL...if i am a player my obvious choices are the teams that are the best, lol..what a joke...OBVIOUSLY he wants to go to Miami :facepalm: :rolleyes:

thunderforce
01-23-2011, 02:30 PM
This is starting to get stupid when 3/4 of the league wants to be on only the same 3 teams and none of the other teams can keep their players . They should change the rules to stop this or the NBA is going to be just a mickey mouse league .

HoopsDrive
01-23-2011, 02:34 PM
As a big fan of Nene, I'd like to see him in either Miami or OKC (not sure if that's one of his teams though).

ta2edryder79
01-23-2011, 02:35 PM
I agree that Miami, OKC and NY would make the most sense.

NY's best bet would be to have him included in a bigger deal for Melo. As a Knicks fan, it makes a lot of sense. He fits in D'Antoni's system and he'd take a lot of pressure off Amare being the only real inside presence. But I hate "No D" D'Antoni's sytem so I'd rather have an old school, shot blocking, rebounding beast for a center who could care less about scoring. If we get Melo with Amare and Felton, you just need good solid, defensive role players at SG and C.

Miami really has no combination of players/salaries that would make any sense for Denver. Only combo that would work out financially is Mike Miller, Joel Anthony and fillers and there's no way Denver wants to take on those long term salaries. Nene's making $11.4M salary this year and he'd have to be a fool to opt out of his $11.6M next year, esp. with a new CBA. The MLE's probably going away anyway so that won't be an option. He's stepped us his game this year, esp. offensively, and I think this is more for attention so Denver signs him to an extension.

OKC would definitely be the best fit. They have young tradeable talent (J.Green, C.Aldrich, J.Harden), expiring contracts (M.Peterson and Krstic) and draft picks (Clippers 2012 1st Rd). Green's a jump shooter and Ibakas still raw offensively so Nene would give them a real inside threat.

Baller1
01-23-2011, 02:37 PM

If we trade for Nene, Green is gone.

basketballer122
01-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Nyc

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-23-2011, 02:41 PM

Says the guy with the Melo in a Knicks uniform sig :rolleyes:

Hypocrisy at its finest

blueplanet
01-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Well, it's Miami we are talking about. Players' most preferred destination. So no surprise here.

Baller1
01-23-2011, 02:45 PM

Hypocrisy at its finest

:laugh2:

blueplanet
01-23-2011, 02:47 PM

:facepalm:

You cannot be serious! What does your sig say? Hypocrisy at it's finest!

John Walls Era
01-23-2011, 02:51 PM

:laugh: Nice sig. I do like what Bosh and Bron have done. Makes for more interesting games. Makes upsets 5 times sweeter.

210Don
01-23-2011, 02:53 PM
:laugh: Nice sig. I do like what Bosh and Bron have done. Makes for more interesting games. Makes upsets 5 times sweeter.

to bad there gonna be far less likely but they would be sweet.

JordansBulls
01-23-2011, 02:54 PM

If he is sick of the attention Melo is getting, imagine how sick he will be on the attention he would get in Miami?

John Walls Era
01-23-2011, 02:57 PM

True, but it makes for better games when stacked teams play. Its not like bottom dwellers upset teams a lot anyways. But yes, the reason its sweeter is because of the rarity.

John Walls Era
01-23-2011, 02:58 PM
LOL...if i am a player my obvious choices are the teams that are the best, lol..what a joke...OBVIOUSLY he wants to go to Miami :facepalm: :rolleyes:

depends. If I want to get paid alot then I would go to a bad team.

HoopsDrive
01-23-2011, 02:59 PM
If he is sick of the attention Melo is getting, imagine how sick he will be on the attention he would get in Miami?

It's not that kind of attention the article talks about. He's frustrated because HIS situation isn't being dealt with.

97NYer
01-23-2011, 03:08 PM
OKC for Kristic, Peterson and a 1st

goose15
01-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Nene will be Miami-bound..

Baller1
01-23-2011, 03:16 PM
OKC for Kristic, Peterson and a 1st

I'd LOVE that.

Giraffes Rule
01-23-2011, 03:21 PM
true that.....ina few years theres gunna be all cav teams and all heat teams.... smh just like MLB

What are you talking about? The MLB has had more different teams winning their championship than any other major sport in recent years. If you're going to talk about parity in a sport, the MLB is the worst example you could have chosen. :facepalm:

CHANGO
01-23-2011, 03:21 PM
We want NENE!

210Don
01-23-2011, 03:24 PM
What are you talking about? The MLB has had more different teams winning their championship than any other major sport in recent years. If you're going to talk about parity in a sport, the MLB is the worst example you could have chosen. :facepalm:

as far as stars go every one gos to yankees and red sox. the teams that win is because they have young guys that haven't hit free agency yet. so i :facepalm: you. were talking about stars. do they not go to new york and boston?
the main argument in baseball is theres no parity its been a argument for years what are you talking about i watch baseball on the reg.

SteBO
01-23-2011, 03:25 PM
as far as stars go every one gos to yankees and red sox. the teams that win is because they have young guys that haven't hit free agency yet. so i :facepalm: you. were talking about stars. do they not go to new york and boston?
the main argument in baseball is theres no parity its been a argument for years what are you talking about i watch baseball on the reg.
I was just about to post this. I regards to stars, it's always seemed that the Yankees and Red Sox are getting all the hot shot free agents.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2011, 03:26 PM
ugh...Miami needs rebounding not Nene

Marc Gasol or Biedrins etc would be good for them, don't need a lot touches but rebound well.

Kakaroach
01-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Man its sad to think what has become of the Nuggets. A year ago they were title contenders and now they are bound to go through rebuilding.

I'd love Nene in Utah, but I'm sure we are not on the list.

TO to the CHI
01-23-2011, 03:27 PM

To be fair, based on his sig, JWE cheers for about half of the teams in the league, so his chances of an upset on any given night are not too bad.

Hoopsadvocate
01-23-2011, 03:34 PM
:drool: I had no idea he could terminate his contract!!!

Forget a trade now we have a legit center as a sutor for next year.

Btw hes kinda right hes having a great year.

millerandco
01-23-2011, 03:36 PM
come to portland my friend

shep33
01-23-2011, 03:37 PM
IMO, the Heat don't really need him though. They need a defensive big, Nene isn't that. He's a terrific player, but he'd literally be the 4th-5th option out there... Miami should go after Kendrick Perkins in the offseason if Boston doesn't re-sign him. They need someone to control the paint.

Hoopsadvocate
01-23-2011, 03:39 PM

LMAO who are u to talk u have a melo knicks jersey as a sig. This might be the most hypocritical thing ive seen on psd in a long time. :laugh:

Hoopsadvocate
01-23-2011, 03:48 PM
IMO, the Heat don't really need him though. They need a defensive big, Nene isn't that. He's a terrific player, but he'd literally be the 4th-5th option out there... Miami should go after Kendrick Perkins in the offseason if Boston doesn't re-sign him. They need someone to control the paint.

Well take whoever we can get ur right in that a defensive mind big is what we'd covet the most but there arent many of those in the nba anymore. I doubt KPerk leaves boston i mean shaqs got like 1 year left if that they need perk there long term.

Our choices were between:

#1) Tyson Chandler : Perfect defensive and offensive player who can play in our uptempo system and anchor the defense like hes done in Dallas. But i doubt Cuban lets him go or that chandler wants to leave unless the mavs have an early playoff exit again.

#2) DeAndre Jordan : He used to be a defensive concern but has turned the quarter he is blossoming into a legit center with upside at that who can also run with our offense and could get plenty of lobs from wade and lebron. But he might be looking for a pay upgrade seeing as eyes are finally on him so we may not be able to afford him.

#3) Nene: Hes not a bad defender just not great but he is a big body who rebound very well and he doesnt need to be a great anchor on our team as we play team defense not just rely on 1 or 2 people like other teams do so as long as he buys into the system he will be fine and a big upgrade.

#4) Sam Dalembert: Kind of slow but he does a good job of blocking shots and getting some boards albeit not the greatest rebounder but its still a good upgrade over what we have.

KnicksorBust
01-23-2011, 03:48 PM
OKC would be perfect for him. That's exactly the type of move they need to make to break through to the elite teams.

KnicksorBust
01-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Well take whoever we can get ur right in that a defensive mind big is what we'd covet the most but there arent many of those in the nba anymore. I doubt KPerk leaves boston i mean shaqs got like 1 year left if that they need perk there long term.

#1) Tyson Chandler : Perfect defensive and offensive player who can play in our uptempo system and anchor the defense like hes done in Dallas. But i doubt Cuban lets him go or that chandler wants to leave unless the mavs have an early playoff exit again.

#2) DeAndre Jordan : He used to be a defensive concern but has turned the quarter he is blossoming into a legit center with upside at that who can also run with our offense and could get plenty of lobs from wade and lebron. But he might be looking for a pay upgrade seeing as eyes are finally on him so we may not be able to afford him.

#3) Nene: Hes not a bad defender just not great but he is a big body who rebound very well and he doesnt need to be a great anchor on our team as we play team defense not just rely on 1 or 2 people like other teams do so as long as he buys into the system he will be fine and a big upgrade.

#4) Sam Dalembert: Kind of slow but he does a good job of blocking shots and getting some boards albeit not the greatest rebounder but its still a good upgrade over what we have.

Not to be rude but I don't see how any of the first 3 guys are even an option for you.

shep33
01-23-2011, 03:53 PM

Yeah I'd go with Dalembert, just because he's the more likely to be signed. I think Nene is gonna command a lot of money, because the guy is a potential 18-20 point scorer if he gets the ball more often. Jordan is solid, however, I think the Clips hold onto him and trade Kaman.

The only thing about the Perkins deal is this... remember when they signed Jermaine O'neal? That was a pretty hefty contract. They still have Shaq signed for a year, KG is making like 24 mill next year I think (I could be wrong), Big Baby is signed, Semih Erden is actually becoming a solid player. So I kind of think Boston might have to bite the bullet with Perkins. More then anything it has to do with JO and KG's contracts. Unless Perkins takes a huge paycut.

That's gonna be an interesting situation in beantown.

Hoopsadvocate
01-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Not to be rude but I don't see how any of the first 3 guys are even an option for you.

Ya thats what i said in their discription i listed who we would want not who would necessarily sign with us. But after this summer its not best to doubt in riley

Hoopsadvocate
01-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Yeah I'd go with Dalembert, just because he's the more likely to be signed. I think Nene is gonna command a lot of money, because the guy is a potential 18-20 point scorer if he gets the ball more often. Jordan is solid, however, I think the Clips hold onto him and trade Kaman.

The only thing about the Perkins deal is this... remember when they signed Jermaine O'neal? That was a pretty hefty contract. They still have Shaq signed for a year, KG is making like 24 mill next year I think (I could be wrong), Big Baby is signed, Semih Erden is actually becoming a solid player. So I kind of think Boston might have to bite the bullet with Perkins. More then anything it has to do with JO and KG's contracts. Unless Perkins takes a huge paycut.

That's gonna be an interesting situation in beantown.

Ah i forgot about JOs contract :pity: boston we all knew that was a huge mistake down here in miami. The guy should just retire.

Hoopsadvocate
01-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Oh and as much as id like Nene here hed be a beast in NY where he can score all he wants and where they need a center worse than we do. And OKC wouldnt be bad either.

shep33
01-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Ah i forgot about JOs contract :pity: boston we all knew that was a huge mistake down here in miami. The guy should just retire.

Yeah, that might be the worst signing of the summer... Financially anyways. I like JO, guy was an absolute beast with Indy. Injuries got the better of him, and I was kinda surprised that Boston signed him even, especially for the money they gave him.

Boston is still a beast in the east though, so for this year atleast they probably aren't worried about it.

LTBaByyy
01-23-2011, 04:04 PM

Keep dreamin about Chandler, he said he loves Dallas and Cuban def wont let him go

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Keep dreamin about Chandler, he said he loves Dallas and Cuban def wont let him go

I will :cry:

And i dont think Deandre is so out of reach for the MLE btw. We have a good possibility of getting him.

shep33
01-23-2011, 04:11 PM
I will :cry:

And i dont think Deandre is so out of reach for the MLE btw. We have a good possibility of getting him.

Clips have a ton of cap space, plus even more once they trade Kaman. So it's gonna be highly unlikely that they let Jordan go. Especially if its just for the MLE.

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Clips have a ton of cap space, plus even more once they trade Kaman. So it's gonna be highly unlikely that they let Jordan go. Especially if its just for the MLE.

Assuming the MLE next year is around 6 mil, i dont think Deandre is worth more than that. Hes promising, but to pay him 8 mil is ridiculous imo.

NYYCowboys
01-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Assuming the MLE next year is around 6 mil, i dont think Deandre is worth more than that. Hes promising, but to pay him 8 mil is ridiculous imo.

Assuming there even is a MLE.

Hoopsadvocate
01-23-2011, 04:28 PM

thats what i said if u bothered to read.

Hoopsadvocate
01-23-2011, 04:30 PM

It is rediculous but not surprising if it happens look at B haywood and JO contracts. Houston, clipps, OKC and any other team with decent cap space with a even a small need at center would likely overpay him.

JNA17
01-23-2011, 05:01 PM
As someone else said, nene won't reject a 11 or 12 mill player option for a MLE. Only way he could go to teams like the celtics or heat is through a trade and heat don't have any pieces to trade nene for.

LTBaByyy
01-23-2011, 05:13 PM
IF the Heat dont get NeNe they can have Brendan Haywood haha (He is better than the Heat centers)

Mahini is playing soooooo good in limited minutes and only like 22 so i rather have him as Tysons back up for the future

I cant believe we got Chandler for Erick Dampier!! It amazes me to this day

Chalmers is a good PG for the Heat so I dont think they need a PG, they just need a good Center

Lakers4ItAll
01-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Who is Nene to ask for anything?

LayZbone
01-23-2011, 06:08 PM
IF the Heat dont get NeNe they can have Brendan Haywood haha (He is better than the Heat centers)

Mahini is playing soooooo good in limited minutes and only like 22 so i rather have him as Tysons back up for the future

I cant believe we got Chandler for Erick Dampier!! It amazes me to this day

Chalmers is a good PG for the Heat so I dont think they need a PG, they just need a good Center

no. maybe off the bench, but he's too all over the place and inconsistent.

Also I say no to trading for Nene if it means giving up Haslem or Miller....which it would. It'd be a slap in the face to trade the hometown hero that took a paycut to stay here. Riley views Haslem like a son, he's gonna retire in a Heat uniform. I can't in good faith suggest trading MM, not after that amazing performance last game. He fits PERFECTLY with this team.

Crackadalic
01-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Who is Nene to ask for anything?

A lot of players are. Look at rubio and he hasnt even been though the summer league yet:facepalm:

shep33
01-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Assuming there even is a MLE.

very true

marlinsfan24
01-23-2011, 07:42 PM

I have been saying DeAndre Jordan was going to be a beast since he was drafted. He was the guy I wanted us to draft.

Lakers4ItAll
01-23-2011, 07:44 PM
And LOL to anyone thinking Nene would put any team over the top

blueplanet
01-23-2011, 08:07 PM

we won't be able to offer him more than MLE (depending on the new CBA if it exists). I am pretty sure Boston will have a more lucrative offer on the table for him.

_KB24_
01-23-2011, 08:28 PM
If your not the franchise player, you have no god damn write to even open up your mouth in a situation like this. Players are getting more and more ridiculous day after day. Guys like Nene and Fernandez giving out lists and trying to dictate where they end up is embarrassing for the league. Management should tell them to shut up and play and they will decide what to do.

gbrl
01-23-2011, 08:33 PM
If your not the franchise player, you have no god damn write to even open up your mouth in a situation like this. Players are getting more and more ridiculous day after day. Guys like Nene and Fernandez giving out lists and trying to dictate where they end up is embarrassing for the league. Management should tell them to shut up and play and they will decide what to do.

but it was alright when kobe did it right

Knickrocketsfan
01-23-2011, 08:38 PM
i dnt get what the heat would give up for nene

fadedmario
01-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Injury prone big man on the decline - no thanks

fadedmario
01-23-2011, 08:51 PM

I agree

_KB24_
01-23-2011, 09:27 PM
but it was alright when kobe did it right

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=learn+to+read&aq=f

Hopefully it will help. :rolleyes:

beasted86
01-23-2011, 09:33 PM
I don't believe this. I call B.S.

Just because this rumor favors Miami doesn't mean I'm going to change my stance on all rumors like I always have... All these "sources" are bull.

KnicksorBust
01-23-2011, 09:47 PM
And LOL to anyone thinking Nene would put any team over the top

It wouldn't be that laughable if he suddenly popped up on the Thunder roster or even the Hawks roster.

DeyAce
01-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Poor Denver, that team could fall apart quickly.. Rumors with Melo, Billups, and now Nene?

Wow. This is a solid playoff team capable of giving plenty of teams trouble.. And it seems like it's just going to end like that.

And watch none of them get moved. Melo will sign with the knicks in the offseason. I wouldn't be surprised at all

dodie53
01-23-2011, 10:03 PM
can the heat get him?
how?

masalex1205
01-23-2011, 10:07 PM

Hypocrisy at its finest

bahahha

DasBoot
01-23-2011, 10:26 PM
There is no possible package 2 team, 3 team or 4 team that could land Nene on the heat. The heat have no players or picks that would interest any other teams besides the big 3.

harryjoe64
01-23-2011, 10:37 PM
The Heat can get Nene in the off-season after he opts out of his contract. Assuming that there is a 2011-2012 season and there's a MLE, why wouldn't Nene want to come to Miami? And he would be an awesome Center for us.

footballer2369
01-23-2011, 10:38 PM
There is no possible package 2 team, 3 team or 4 team that could land Nene on the heat. The heat have no players or picks that would interest any other teams besides the big 3.

If they wanted to deal Miller/Haslem, Anthony, Chalmers/Pittman and a pick or two, I'd say that would be interesting. No?

superkegger
01-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Nene doesn't hold close to the same leverage as Melo does, and it's way more unlikely Nene walks on his deal. Melo will still get a max deal, wherever he signs next year, if that's what it comes to. Nene won't. So Nene, if you want to walk away from 11.6 million, I bet the Nuggets will regret losing you, but they'll enjoy the 11.6 million you left on the table.

Trace
01-23-2011, 11:11 PM
If we trade for Nene, Green is gone.

Doubt it. Nuggets have 0 leverage and I doubt they're going to let their third best player walk for nothing. Wouldn't mind giving up Harden though.

iggypop123
01-23-2011, 11:21 PM
we dont even know what the cba will be. how would the heat get him. if its a sign and trade we dont even know if there will be a cap preventing them from doing so

h2r09
01-23-2011, 11:33 PM
he will probably come in the offseason for the MLE. lots of quality centers next year so there are plenty of options for the het to fill that hole. either way the heat will be a lot better next year which is scary to think about.

Jonathan2323
01-23-2011, 11:42 PM
I doubt that NeNe would leave 11.5 mil on the table and come to Miami for the MLE.

h2r09
01-23-2011, 11:44 PM
I doubt that NeNe would leave 11.5 mil on the table and come to Miami for the MLE.

i dont think that is true. he has been getting big money for a long time now and the possiblity that he comes here on a 1 year deal for the MLE and wins a championship and the heat either resigns him or increases his value a lot. there are many reasons why he could come here.

DasBoot
01-23-2011, 11:46 PM
If they wanted to deal Miller/Haslem, Anthony, Chalmers/Pittman and a pick or two, I'd say that would be interesting. No?

It would be interesting... because Miller has a terrible 4 year deal as well as Haslem. Chalmers is a second/third pg on most teams and Pittman... I don't think hes even played. Now about the picks, who wants late round picks? Nene is worth much much more. He's not going to the heat.

h2r09
01-23-2011, 11:47 PM
It would be interesting... because Miller has a terrible 4 year deal as well as Haslem. Chalmers is a second/third pg on most teams and Pittman... I don't think hes even played. Now about the picks, who wants late round picks? Nene is worth much much more. He's not going to the heat.

what about millers deal is terrible? all around playmaker, one of the top 3 spot up shooters in the league, not bad defensively, off the bench? that is a great deal.
haslem has an incredible deal.

Jonathan2323
01-23-2011, 11:49 PM

Why are they terrible? they both took less money to sign with the HEAT. They are great role players. Riley wouldn't trade either player anyways the only way that he's coming here is by free agency.

Phenomenonsense
01-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Nene to the Heat, instant favorites from the East.

superkegger
i dont think that is true. he has been getting big money for a long time now and the possiblity that he comes here on a 1 year deal for the MLE and wins a championship and the heat either resigns him or increases his value a lot. there are many reasons why he would want to come here.

fixed.

the financials of it are just a bit extreme. Few if any players, especially at that talent level (starter material, but not All star level) are going to walk away from 11.6 million.

Phenomenonsense
Why are they terrible? they both took less money to sign with the HEAT. They are great role players. Riley wouldn't trade either player anyways the only way that he's coming here is by free agency.

Also, Haslem was a huge part of that Heat championship. Great role player.

h2r09
01-23-2011, 11:52 PM
fixed.

the financials of it are just a bit extreme. Few if any players, especially at that talent level (starter material, but not All star level) are going to walk away from 11.6 million.

its not like he is taking an 11 million paycut though. he would be taking about 5 million for 1 year in which he could be resigned by the heat afterwards or he could have that label as a championship starting center and then go back to free agency a year later. it could be a year where he increases his value again.

h2r09
01-23-2011, 11:53 PM
btw, at what time did we just give up on the hilario portion of his name?

sunsfan88
01-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Any player that comes out and says "OK I want a trade; here is the list of teams I'd sign with" should be banned from the NBA.

Who the ******* do you think they are? Seriously. This **** is starting to get annoying.

If every player in the NBA wants to be on the Heat, Knicks or the Spurs then what the hell is the point of having other teams!

God damn!

superkegger
01-24-2011, 12:04 AM
its not like he is taking an 11 million paycut though. he would be taking about 5 million for 1 year in which he could be resigned by the heat afterwards or he could have that label as a championship starting center and then go back to free agency a year later. it could be a year where he increases his value again.

He's 28 now. he's athe point where he wants the next contract he signs to give him stability. He got over paid in his last contract, because while he's a quality player, he's a best case 15/8 guy who runs the floor well. And I can't think of anyone in the NBA or really any pro sport that likes to work as a gun for hire in what is essentially the prime of their career, or really ever. Maybe guys past their prime, wanting to finish their career with a ring will sign for less with a contender, but I'm guess the list of 28-30 year olds who've started for 5 years who are willing to work on a 1 year deal is a very very very very short list.

What if he gets injured during that MLE year with the Heat? then his value dies, and he probably can't even get the MLE the year after. So then he'll have to work for 3 years to make what he would make next year. Playing year to year for your contract isn't something these guys want to do because injuries can happen anytime.

LTBaByyy
01-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Why does he have NENE on the back of his jersey? His name is Nene Hilirio or something like that?

And we always call him just Nene, I know hes not chinese lol

Bc thats the only people that put their first name on the back of their jerseys

Isnt he Brazilian? I dont see Varejao putting Anderson on the back of his

justinnum1
01-24-2011, 12:51 AM

:facepalm:

MagicBucsSox
01-24-2011, 01:05 AM
8 pages over this bum NENE? really?

TrueFan420
01-24-2011, 01:10 AM
Why does he have NENE on the back of his jersey? His name is Nene Hilirio or something like that?

And we always call him just Nene, I know hes not chinese lol

Bc thats the only people that put their first name on the back of their jerseys

Isnt he Brazilian? I dont see Varejao putting Anderson on the back of his

i think he had his name changed to just Nene

LTBaByyy
01-24-2011, 01:25 AM
i think he had his name changed to just Nene

Oh, wow. I wonder why...

But thanks bro for the info

SANDBURG23
01-24-2011, 01:30 AM

A pick or two, what pick or two, they don't have picks. 2 first to Tor as well as 2 first and 2 2nd's to Clev. Thay have no picks. Miami is not making any trades for anyone unless its min comntrafts fo a vet thay gives the other team only cap relief, which means the player they getting will be overpaid and not pending FA.

godolphins
01-24-2011, 01:56 AM
I doubt he turn down $11 million in his final year

jimm120
01-24-2011, 02:52 AM
Denver gives the Lakers problems all the time, they could make a deep playoff run, bt Melo's screwing it all up. They're a pretty fun team to watch when they're healthy.

Melo did not decide to trade Melo.

Denver decided to trade Melo.

I don't get where you got the impression that "Melo is screwing it all up". How? By deciding to play his final year in Denver? By not signing the extension? He'd still play this year.

I've always said, if you're the team this is how it should go down if a player is in his final year:

Good teams - keep the player, make a run in the playoffs, hope to convince him to stay in the offseason.

Fringe/low seeded playoff teams - If it is a team that consistently gets into the playoffs, even if its a low seed, keep the player. If it is a team that is usually out of the playoffs and is making it as the 7th or 8th seed this year, trade the player and get rebuilding pieces.

Bad teams - trade the player, get pieces back to rebuild the next 2 years.

Now, where is Denver in all this? Not only are they a good team, they are a top 4 team in the western conference. To me, that is almost elite (as in Lakers / Spurs elite). They shouldn't have traded Melo. Listen to offers? Yeah, but ultimately not seek out the trades and just try to go on a run with the team. If the team makes a run, who knows, the player might stay. Look at Rasheed Wallace that one year he was "guaranteed" to go to the Knicks. Pistons go on a run and he opts to stay there.

KnickFanSince91
01-24-2011, 02:55 AM
:laugh:

You people will believe anything.

aussie
01-24-2011, 03:08 AM
i hear i hear dwight wants to join the hornets for a 2nd rounder

Confusious
01-24-2011, 03:09 AM
Yawn.

Guess nobody really likes competition nowadays. It's a shame.

Raph12
01-24-2011, 03:10 AM
He'd be great at PF playing next to Dwight...

John Walls Era
01-24-2011, 03:20 AM
Yawn.

Guess nobody really likes competition nowadays. It's a shame.

:shrug: Competition is good, but winning is better. Admit it, in elementary school everyone wanted to play on the team that stacked during recess; you don't want to play with the scrubs.

MagicBucsSox
01-24-2011, 03:37 AM
He'd be great at PF playing next to Dwight...

the hell he would, he has no game

thedfactor
01-24-2011, 03:38 AM
STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein

@KBerg_CBS reports Denver's Nene has Heat on wish list of three teams he hopes to sign with or be traded to. Heard Sunday: Mavs on same list

STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein

Nene's third preferred team remains unknown but rest assured Rockets will also make trade bid for free agent-to-be if they can't get Melo

Raph12
01-24-2011, 03:55 AM

You obviously don't watch the Nuggets play much...

sunsfan88
01-24-2011, 03:58 AM
DEN wouldnt trade him to the rival Mavs.

Mudvayne91
01-24-2011, 04:16 AM

I think you may be in the minority thinking that.

nightBULL
01-24-2011, 05:03 AM
Do the Heat even have anyome to trade???

John Walls Era
01-24-2011, 05:34 AM
Nene is actually really underrated. Pretty good defender, has a jumper (not amazing by any means of the imagination) and a solid post game. Also he led the league in FG% one year [or in top 5] so you know hes efficient.

KnickFanSince91
01-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Do the Heat even have anyome to trade???

They'd have to trade Bosh or half their bench to make the salaries match.

Minimal
01-24-2011, 07:17 AM
Nene is actually really underrated. Pretty good defender, has a jumper (not amazing by any means of the imagination) and a solid post game. Also he led the league in FG% one year [or in top 5] so you know hes efficient.
He is leading the league in FG% and Offensive Rating this season.

slayer2369
01-24-2011, 08:07 AM
... wants to play for the same 5 or 6 teams why don't we just contract the other 24?

JayW_1023
01-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Nene would be a sick fit for Miami...a great post defender...he is so strong and able to push most guys off their post position. He is also a reliable mid range shooter. Here you have a bigger version of Udonis Haslem. Sheesh. Getting Nene would be a huge boost for the Heat. It wouldn't be fair really.

Malz28
01-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Who is Nene? What has he done to tell who he wants to play for. I swear, the nerve of some of these athletes.

bahama0811
01-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Nene, like Carmelo Anthony, has an opt-out clause in his contract for next season. But unlike Anthony, Nene -- a native of Brazil -- has grown to love the city of Denver, state of Colorado and desperately desires to stay. He wants to extend his contract with the Nuggets and says those talks have begun to some degree. He does plan to not opt out of the final year of his deal, which will pay him $11.6 million next season. It is the last of a six-year, $60 million contract he signed in 2006. Nene was very clear on Sunday when he said "For me, I want to retire here."

fannation.com (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/262614?asid=61675011)

D1JM
01-24-2011, 10:17 AM
fannation.com (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/262614?asid=61675011)

A player that wants to stay with their franchise and retire??? Those are rare

musefan1990
01-24-2011, 10:31 AM
lakers?
sizable brazilian population in so cal at least where i'm from

pipe dream really though we don't need him lol

SteBO
01-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Nene's a good player and person at heart. I guess it's all frustration that his situation isn't being taken care of.

Flash3
01-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Good for nene, i really hope mello stays and the nugs become better.

godolphins
01-24-2011, 11:17 AM
They'd have to trade Bosh or half their bench to make the salaries match.
No not really, Nene is making like $11 million this season

Tmath
01-24-2011, 11:34 AM
My interest in the NBA is vastly diminishing with all this corrupt bad reffing/superteam/soap opera BS. :mad:

Lucky for me there is MMA where I don't care what happens as long as i get to see a good scrap. :D

Heater4life
01-24-2011, 11:55 AM
He cant come to Miami regardless, unless he decideds to sign a MLE next season. Mute desire by Nene.

bahama0811
01-24-2011, 12:06 PM
He cant come to Miami regardless, unless he decideds to sign a MLE next season. Mute desire by Nene.

He won't be leaving Denver unless he's traded. He's already stated he wants to stay in Denver. And he also stated that they have started preliminary discussions on an extension.

SteBO
01-24-2011, 12:11 PM
He won't be leaving Denver unless he's traded. He's already stated he wants to stay in Denver. And he also stated that they have started preliminary discussions on an extension.
Really? Guess that means no "Nene to Miami" then. He's a Building block Denver needs to build around along with Ty Lawson, who's having a great season to me.

ChaseHamels
01-24-2011, 12:27 PM

Talk about the pot and the ****ing kettle. :rolleyes:

SteBO
01-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Talk about the pot and the ****ing kettle. :rolleyes:
;) Didn't say phrase right, bt nice try.

LTBaByyy
01-24-2011, 02:15 PM
The second team is the Mavs!!!!!!!!! :)

Just saw it on hoopshype

LTBaByyy
01-24-2011, 02:25 PM
http://mobile.twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/29433630384193536

Another report said Rockets look like the third team??

No Denver? That franchise is screwed

Sadds The Gr8
01-24-2011, 02:26 PM
so he'd rather come off the bench in Dallas?

LTBaByyy
01-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Dirk/Chandler/Nene rotation would be as good if not better than any rotation in the west even lakers

Sadds The Gr8
01-24-2011, 02:28 PM
I still don't think that's a championship team.

LTBaByyy
01-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Keep hatin :)

Wait til were fully healthy, bc we were a championship when we were healthy this season and you know it

nickdymez
01-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Dirk/Chandler/Nene rotation would be as good if not better than any rotation in the west even lakers

Not better than the lakers.. Not a homer either..

cargobox
01-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Shanene.
Mavs would be very deep, they just need Caron Butler back to win the west.

PC
01-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Why is Nene's list getting leaked one team at a time? lol

LTBaByyy

Dirk/Chandler/Nene isnt as good or better than Pau/Bynum/Odom??

I think its just as good come on now

handle
Keep hatin :)

Wait til were fully healthy, bc we were a championship ( _____ ) when we were healthy this season and you know it

A championship what? I'll just have to assume that you're not a massive homer and meant to type "pretender" there.

SteBO
01-24-2011, 02:36 PM
From what Nene says, he isn't leaving Denver.

Flash3
01-24-2011, 02:36 PM
didn't he just say he wants to retire in Denver ?

LTBaByyy
01-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Shanene.
Mavs would be very deep, they just need Caron Butler back to win the west.

He comes back when playoffs start :)

SteBO
01-24-2011, 02:37 PM
My point exactly.

Rego247
01-24-2011, 02:43 PM

this.

mavs dont need him.

justinnum1
01-24-2011, 02:45 PM
A championship what? I'll just have to assume that you're not a massive homer and meant to type "pretender" there.

lmfao

GivenGrace
01-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Hopefully the Nuggets can trade these guys for picks or cheap talent. It's gotta be rough being a Nuggets fan when arguably you're 2 best players are looking elsewhere.

Ebbs
01-24-2011, 02:49 PM

Yea I dunno why he would still have to compete with Haywood too. Unless he was in the deal.

Yea it would be.

this.

mavs dont need him.

Agreed we could use Melo though.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-24-2011, 02:49 PM

Close to it.

Dirk and Gasol cancel out basically.

Chandler and Odom are having great years but Odom gets the advantage.

And Bynum isn't even as reliable so Nene gets that matchup.

Carey
01-24-2011, 02:51 PM
So we're down to one team, please be OKC! lol.....Hey LTBaByyy, stop being greedy, share the wealth :-)

SteBO
01-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Yea I dunno why he would still have to compete with Haywood too. Unless he was in the deal.

Yea it would be.

Agreed we could use Melo though.
When healthy, the Lakers front court is still superior.

1) Pau Gasol is a versatile big that can score inside, hit mid-range, pass, and rebounds more consistently. Dirk is just a jump shooter and a below average passer and decent rebounder.

2) A healthy Bynum is better than a healthy Nene, simply because of rebounding, while the scoring production is even. This year isn't a really good barameter of that though, since Bynum's missed too much time.

3) Chandler's points are fed to him by Kidd off dribble penetration. Odom has triple-double capabilities.

Sadds The Gr8
01-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Yea I dunno why he would still have to compete with Haywood too. Unless he was in the deal..

I wouldn't touch his contract with a stick. Worst contract in the league. If Denver won't take Deng, I highly doubt they take him.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-24-2011, 02:59 PM
When healthy, the Lakers front court is still superior.

1) Pau Gasol is a versatile big that can score inside, hit mid-range, pass, and rebounds more consistently. Dirk is just a jump shooter and a below average passer and decent rebounder.

2) A healthy Bynum is better than a healthy Nene, simply because of rebounding, while the scoring production is even. This year isn't a really good barameter of that though, since Bynum's missed too much time.

3) Chandler's points are fed to him by Kidd off dribble penetration. Odom has triple-double capabilities.

Bynum is never healthy. So you can't really use that.

The Lakers are better healthy but since Bynum is never healthy, you can't use that argument.

And that jump shooter you are talking about was a top 3 MVP candidate before he got injured.

alencp3
01-24-2011, 03:00 PM

Is that Naveen Andrews at the SF in ur sig?
He surely doesnt look like Bron

SteBO
01-24-2011, 03:03 PM

The Lakers are better healthy but since Bynum is never healthy, you can't use that argument.

And that jump shooter you are talking about was a top 3 MVP candidate before he got injured.
Was being the key word there. Gasol is a more versatile player than Dirk and that's a fact. Regarding the Bynum-Nene comparison, health isn't the argument here, talent and abilities are. Therefore, Bynum's the better player, and that's no slight against Nene, bt that's the way I see it.

bahama0811
01-24-2011, 03:04 PM
http://mobile.twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/29433630384193536

Another report said Rockets look like the third team??

No Denver? That franchise is screwed

Are you choosing to only read certain reports or what? Did you not read the report by the Nuggets beat writer that said he wants to be a Nugget for the rest of his career? Here it is for you so that you can read it for yourself. Selective reading can make it sound like anyone wants to go anywhere.

Oddly enough, Carmelo Anthony isn’t the only Nugget this season that has an opt-out clause in his contract for next season. There are two.

Nene is the other.

But unlike Anthony, Nene – a native of Brazil – has grown to love the city of Denver, state of Colorado and desperately desires to stay. He wants to extend his contract with the Nuggets and says those talks have begun to some degree. He does plan to not opt out of the final year of his deal, which will pay him $11.6 million next season.

It is the last of a six-year, $60 million contract he signed in 2006.

Nene was very clear on Sunday when he said “For me, I want to retire here.”

Denver Post (http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2011/01/24/theres-no-place-like-denver-for-nuggets-center-nene/)

Raps08-09 Champ
01-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Was being the key word there. Gasol is a more versatile player than Dirk and that's a fact. Regarding the Bynum-Nene comparison, health isn't the argument here, talent and abilities are. Therefore, Bynum's the better player, and that's no slight against Nene, bt that's the way I see it.

So we have to disregard Dirk because he got injured but we still keep Bynum in the discussion? How does that make sense?

But we'll go your way. If we disregarding injuries, Dirk has been doing more work this season than Gasol.

SteBO
01-24-2011, 03:16 PM
So we have to disregard Dirk because he got injured but we still keep Bynum in the discussion? How does that make sense?

But we'll go your way. If we disregarding injuries, Dirk has been doing more work this season than Gasol.
First off, we aren't comparing Dirk and Bynum, we're comparing Dirk and Gasol. And ugh...again.....and many would agree with me on this, Gasol is the more versatile player than Dirk is. Gasol's playing with Bryant so of course he isn't going to get as many opportunities as Dirk is. When did I ever disregard Dirk in my post?

beasted86
01-24-2011, 03:21 PM
First off, we aren't comparing Dirk and Bynum, we're comparing Dirk and Gasol. And ugh...again.....and many would agree with me on this, Gasol is the more versatile player than Dirk is. Gasol's playing with Bryant so of course he isn't going to get as many opportunities as Dirk is. When did I ever disregard Dirk in my post?

:confused:

Didn't Gasol play on Memphis and not win 1 playoff game as the #1 guy?
Did Dirk win an MVP and Gasol magically become better in the 3 years since?

Sorry, Gasol is a better defender, and that's it. People really need to stop falling into this trap of overvaluing players just because they play for the Lakers, Bulls, Knicks, etc...

Bynum #2 center in NBA, Matt Barnes better than Udonis Haslem, Shannon Brown 6th man candidate... :pity:. Some of the logic and crazy ideas I hear on PSD is like bizzarro world.

Super.
01-24-2011, 03:21 PM
What in gods name does Miami have left for bargaining chips to acquire Nene?

SteBO
01-24-2011, 03:25 PM
:confused:

Didn't Gasol play on Memphis and not win 1 playoff game as the #1 guy?
Did Dirk win an MVP and Gasol magically become better in the 3 years since?

Sorry, Gasol is a better defender, and that's it. People really need to stop falling into this trap of overvaluing players just because they play for the Lakers, Bulls, Knicks, etc...

Bynum #2 center in NBA, Matt Barnes better than Udonis Haslem, Shannon Brown 6th man candidate... :pity:. Some of the logic and crazy ideas I hear on PSD is like bizzarro world.
Gasol is more versatile is what I'm saying. Versatile and better have two different meanings bud. You really think he was winning with Jason Williams, Mike Conley, and Mike Miller as his next best players in Memphis? :confused: Besides, I never said Dirk wasn't a good player, he's a great player and there is no disputing that. How did we get to this again? :shrug:

LTBaByyy
01-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Dirk/Chandler/Nene > Pau/Bynum/Odom

Im so happy Mavs are number 2 on his list, make it happen Cuban

LTBaByyy
01-24-2011, 03:36 PM
So we're down to one team, please be OKC! lol.....Hey LTBaByyy, stop being greedy, share the wealth :-)

Fine, if Dallas cant have him I want him to go to OKC :)

Deal?

nuggetsyankees
01-24-2011, 03:43 PM
if nene wanted to join the Heat the only way he go there is by signing for the MLE

Carey
01-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Fine, if Dallas cant have him I want him to go to OKC :)

Deal?

Your alright with me! besides we did give you guys Roddy Buckets :D

Flash3
01-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Dirk/Chandler/Nene > Pau/Bynum/Odom

Im so happy Mavs are number 2 on his list, make it happen Cuban

lulz are your purposefully trying to avoid what three people in this thread are trying to tell u ?

a nugget fan even posted an article for you.

Il Mago 7
01-24-2011, 04:17 PM

LOL and your a miami fan arent u way greedy?

yangx620
01-24-2011, 04:19 PM
he would be much needed in miami, but the heat has not money to sign him at all, unless they get rid of bosh

SteBO
01-24-2011, 04:19 PM
LOL and your a miami fan arent u way greedy?
I was talking about big men

KnickFanSince91
01-24-2011, 04:20 PM
No not really, Nene is making like $11 million this season

Correct and outside of the Big Two plus The Other Guy, the rest of the team has very low salaries. You would have to combine Miller, Anthony and Haslem or replace Anthony/Haslem with at least 3 more min players off the roster. Can't really see Riley letting Miller or Haslem go so it would wind up as some sort of 5 for 1 deal.

J-Relo
01-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Correct and outside of the Big Two plus The Other Guy, the rest of the team has very low salaries. You would have to combine Miller, Anthony and Haslem or replace Anthony/Haslem with at least 3 more min players off the roster. Can't really see Riley letting Miller or Haslem go so it would wind up as some sort of 5 for 1 deal.

not happening, the only way Nene is heading to Miami - him opting out and signing MLE, which is unlikely to happen too...

Flash3
01-24-2011, 04:29 PM
LOL and you're a miami fan arent u way greedy?

fixed *

Sactown
01-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Gasol is more versatile is what I'm saying. Versatile and better have two different meanings bud. You really think he was winning with Jason Williams, Mike Conley, and Mike Miller as his next best players in Memphis? :confused: Besides, I never said Dirk wasn't a good player, he's a great player and there is no disputing that. How did we get to this again? :shrug:

This people.. Gasol has a better inside outside game than Dirk.. Dirk is just way superior in the outside game.. clearly Gasol is the most skilled big man in the league.. not the best, but most skilled.

KnickFanSince91
01-24-2011, 04:40 PM
not happening, the only way Nene is heading to Miami - him opting out and signing MLE, which is unlikely to happen too...

I agree and that's why I laughed when I saw this thread. It's even funnier when you realize the MLE is almost certain to be done away with in this new CBA. Nene would have to come to miami for the vet minimum :laugh:

kblo247
01-24-2011, 05:57 PM

Just nit picking here, but Tyson Chandler isn't an ironman himself. The guy has missed 68 games in the last 2 years

Jonathan2323
01-24-2011, 06:00 PM
I agree and that's why I laughed when I saw this thread. It's even funnier when you realize the MLE is almost certain to be done away with in this new CBA. Nene would have to come to miami for the vet minimum :laugh:

No it won't and the players actually want teams to have 2 MLE's.

Minimal
01-24-2011, 06:22 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4v6sltp

I think every team will be satisfied.
What do u think?

As Miami fan I'll better wait till next year. This trade is a traitor move for Miller, Anthony and Z.

PC
01-24-2011, 06:27 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4v6sltp

I think every team will be satisfied.
What do u think?

As Miami fan I'll better wait till next year. This trade is a traitor move for Miller, Anthony and Z.

I can't see Nene going to Miami. That trade is way too big to ever happen and under the new CBA, there's a good chance there won't be a MLE.

KnickFanSince91
01-24-2011, 06:32 PM

No offense but without a link to reliable source I'm going to have to call BS. Every report that I've read over the past year pointed towards the end of the MLE. Regardless, Nene is not going to sign for $5 mill (for argument's sake lets say they keep it) when he is making $11mil and teams like Houston with desperate need for a big and the cap space to make him a sizable deal.

GMEN4EVER
01-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Nene to miami has absolutely 0 chance of happening. The financial numbers alone preclude it from ever going down. And Nene would not accept a MLE if by some chance it still exists. He's going to get close to a max contract with the supply of quality big men being what it is, you don't take 1/3 pay in your prime to be on a lead contender. Not in this day and age.

PC
01-24-2011, 06:46 PM

That's interesting, I haven't heard that one. Everything I've been reading has said that the NBA thinks it gives an unfair advantage to the elite teams so they're trying to get rid of it completely. I can't possibly see a new CBA with two MLEs

LTBaByyy
01-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Your alright with me! besides we did give you guys Roddy Buckets :D

That is true, we apologize about Mullens we thought he was gonna be real good!!

Atleast yall have Aldrich, who is gonna be real good in a couple years

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Aldrich

Is a scary future :)

Jonathan2323
01-24-2011, 07:03 PM
That's interesting, I haven't heard that one. Everything I've been reading has said that the NBA thinks it gives an unfair advantage to the elite teams so they're trying to get rid of it completely. I can't possibly see a new CBA with two MLEs

It was reported by Ken Berger of CBS to lazy to look it up.

footballer2369
01-24-2011, 08:31 PM
No offense but without a link to reliable source I'm going to have to call BS. Every report that I've read over the past year pointed towards the end of the MLE. Regardless, Nene is not going to sign for $5 mill (for argument's sake lets say they keep it) when he is making $11mil and teams like Houston with desperate need for a big and the cap space to make him a sizable deal.

The League/Owners' proposal had no MLEs, the players' proposal had 2 MLEs, but no BAE.

FKNRUEHH925
01-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Send him to Oakland

KnickFanSince91
01-24-2011, 08:54 PM
The League/Owners' proposal had no MLEs, the players' proposal had 2 MLEs, but no BAE.

Thx for clearing that up. I read the Berger article with the Player's proposal from December.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Just nit picking here, but Tyson Chandler isn't an ironman himself. The guy has missed 68 games in the last 2 years

I know that but I'm comparing for this season. And he's been good so far.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-24-2011, 09:07 PM

I know Gasol is versatile. But like I said Dirk was doing work and was an MVP candidate before he got injured.

I assumed you disregarded Dirk when you made your "Was being a key word" statement. 2 things I assumed that led me to believe you disregarded Dirk:

1. You knew Dirk was doing better than Gasol but because he got injured, we can't claim him to be better yet you still talk about another guy being better when he is injured himself.

or

2. You knew he was doing good but you ignore it anyways and still call Gasol better.

You claim that you compare Bynum and Nene talent wise and nothing about being healthy or not and yet(I'm assuming here) you just acknowledge when I said that Dirk was doing work and was an MVP candidate but since he got injured, you rank him below Gasol.

Giraffes Rule
01-24-2011, 10:59 PM

Again, how can there be no parity when so many different teams win the world series? And since when is Nene a star?

nickdymez
01-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Close to it.

Dirk and Gasol cancel out basically.

Chandler and Odom are having great years but Odom gets the advantage.

And Bynum isn't even as reliable so Nene gets that matchup.

this

Carey
01-25-2011, 01:42 PM
That is true, we apologize about Mullens we thought he was gonna be real good!!

Atleast yall have Aldrich, who is gonna be real good in a couple years

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Aldrich

Is a scary future :)

Well we havent given up on Mullens, he's progressed well and has gotten up to 275, i think he'll at least a solid backup in the future, we needed size and we already had Russ and Maynor. Aldrich is in D-League blocking every shot in sight right now. I dont think he'll ever be a scorer but you put him around 3 or 4 scorer and he's gonna be a thorn in the other teams side with his hustle, defense, strength, shotblocking, etc.