PDA

View Full Version : sources: carmelo willing to wait, sign with the knicks as a free agent

wegotthis
01-23-2011, 02:40 AM
Sources: Carmelo Willing To Wait, Sign With Knicks As Free Agent
Jan 22, 2011 11:08 AM EST
Several sources close to Carmelo Anthony tell Chris Broussard that he is willing to play out the season and sign in New York as a free agent next summer, feeling that he can make up lost salary through endorsements.

With the belief that Anthony will end up signing with the Knicks growing, teams may back off their pursuit of the All-Star forward.

"Sources also say sentiment around the league that Anthony will sign with New York is so strong that many teams that have been willing to trade for Anthony as a rental are now reconsidering," Broussard writes.

The Rockets are thought to be a prime candidate to rent Anthony but if the team feels its chances of convincing him to sign an extension to stay in Houston are slim, it will not make a substantial offer to Denver.

Sources tell Broussard that the Knicks' timetable for trading Anthony Randolph may be pushed back by about one week with the Nets pulling out of trade discussions to acquire Anthony.

Minnesota and Indiana are the likeliest destinations for Randolph because both teams have an available first-round pick that the Knicks can use in a trade for Anthony.

But the Nuggets may be interested in taking Randolph for themselves.

LTBaByyy
01-23-2011, 02:47 AM
The Nuggets franchise is screwed.

Cavs part II.

wegotthis
01-23-2011, 02:49 AM
yea ur definitely right. denver is gonna end up having to take whatever the knicks want to give them by the deadline or hes just gonna end up leaving as a free agent and sign with the knicks and the nuggets will end up gettin nothing. the knicks and melo have all the leverage.

HoopsDrive
01-23-2011, 02:54 AM
Haggle much Nuggets?

iFYouSeekAmy
01-23-2011, 02:55 AM
Denver is gonna trade Melo, whether or not he's signing an extension or not. I have a feeling at the last minute, some team is gonna propose expirings for Melo, and Denver is gonna accept to avoid trading him for nothing.

wegotthis
01-23-2011, 02:59 AM
yea but i doubt any team would trade for melo without him signing an extension. hes obviously gonna be a knick and everybody knows it.

cheaptrikz
01-23-2011, 03:05 AM
East is going to get pretty scary :speechless:

abe_froman
01-23-2011, 03:07 AM
Denver is gonna trade Melo, whether or not he's signing an extension or not. I have a feeling at the last minute, some team is gonna propose expirings for Melo, and Denver is gonna accept to avoid trading him for nothing.

this

blueplanet
01-23-2011, 03:41 AM
Who would remain in the West after Melo becomes a Knick? Next year's all-star voting for EAST-forwards is gonna be nasty! Goddam! Would be nice to see Wade, LeBron, and Melo on the wing though.

JNA17
01-23-2011, 03:44 AM
Denver...just get something. Anything!

bholly
01-23-2011, 03:50 AM

Why would they do an all-star expiring for expirings? How is that better for them?

JPHX
01-23-2011, 03:53 AM
they have to get something and stop messing around with the nets.

iggypop123
01-23-2011, 03:57 AM
trust me. denver is going to be stubborn and keep him. they are stupid and their lack of talk with the knicks reflects it.

The GEEEEE Men
01-23-2011, 03:59 AM
^^^ what is your sig about?

kblo247
01-23-2011, 04:08 AM
I'm calling it now. Denver waits to the absolute last minute on deadline day and ships him to someone out of the blue like the Clippers, Warriors, or Hornets.

basketballer122
01-23-2011, 04:10 AM
he goes to knicks for free in summer
they trade chandler for nice center
they sign some role players through mid level exception
and then they trade for chris paul
felton+gallinari+picks
who will be in a situation like carmelo anthony

Paul
Fields
Anthony
Stoudemire
defensive center #Deandre jordan,varejao....

JNA17
01-23-2011, 04:12 AM
he goes to knicks for free in summer
they trade chandler for nice center
they sign some role players through mid level exception
and then they trade for chris paul
felton+gallinari+picks
who will be in a situation like carmelo anthony

Paul
Fields
Anthony
Stoudemire
defensive center #Deandre jordan,varejao....

i doubt the hornets would accept that trade for chris paul :laugh2:

Enemey
01-23-2011, 04:15 AM
Who would remain in the West after Melo becomes a Knick? Next year's all-star voting for EAST-forwards is gonna be nasty! Goddam! Would be nice to see Wade, LeBron, and Melo on the wing though.

The west has too many talented forwards such as Kevin Durant, Pau Gasol, Rudy Gay, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Tim Duncan, Dirk , Lamar Odom... etc

The East keep Stealing Our All Star forwards(KG, Amar'e, Melo, Boozer) And the west is still overflowed with more talented forwards.

MackShock
01-23-2011, 05:02 AM
if this were to happen, were going to see a "decision" all over again.

am i right?

bholly
01-23-2011, 05:09 AM
^^no? the whole point of the thread is that everyone knows exactly where he's going. what would the decision be?

MackShock
01-23-2011, 05:10 AM
^^no? the whole point of the thread is that everyone knows exactly where he's going. what would the decision be?

what if he becomes a primadonna and backs out..or if a few teams a run at him?

he wont have to make money back in endorsement deals.

this is assuming the knicks cant offer him a max contract

BucktownUSA
01-23-2011, 05:30 AM
I still would like to see a trade go down. Why would the Nuggets want him now if he wants out

bholly
01-23-2011, 05:34 AM
what if he becomes a primadonna and backs out..or if a few teams a run at him?

he wont have to make money back in endorsement deals.

this is assuming the knicks cant offer him a max contract

well, okay, but your post started with 'if this happens' so i just assumed 'this' included the basic premise of the thread.

The_Jamal
01-23-2011, 05:41 AM
Melo talk just reminds me what greedy bastards these guys are.

D1JM
01-23-2011, 05:44 AM
adding the melo to the knicks would it even help winning a championship? defense gets you that championship not offense

Antipod
01-23-2011, 06:40 AM
Take that Denver !!! :D
5 min before deadline, they accept a package including Curry/Wilson/1st rounder

Evolution23
01-23-2011, 06:48 AM
According to Denver, the Knicks have nobody that interests them. So we will offer a bag of potato chips for Melo and that will be enough. How does that sound?

NYY09
01-23-2011, 07:48 AM

Dude, the quote in your sig is an Epic fail, awesome...

TO to the CHI
01-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Dude, the quote in your sig is an Epic fail, awesome...

To be fair, Raps 08-09 Champ (name alone) is a massive fail and his posts are completely incompetent.

As for this thread, I will believe that Melo is not taking the current max when it happens. And only then. I have no doubt he wants to be a Knick. But I don't believe for a second that he leaves max dollars on the table in NJ (posturing aside they will still be in this), Dallas, etc. to take what will likely be much smaller dollars in NY (assuming he is not traded there).

bty85
01-23-2011, 08:51 AM

at the end of the day the hornets dont wanna lose out with getting nothing for paul so i would do that trade if hornets GM

DJYankee
01-23-2011, 09:21 AM
As a Knicks fan the perfect situation for us was for him to come here as a free agent. This is really good news to hear. Which meanns we don't have to break up the roster for him. NOW go get a damn Center!

TheDiggler
01-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Nuggets just can't be THAT stupid to let Melo walk for nothing. I think they act a bit crazy, but it's still all a poker-game. Before Deadline Melo will get moved. Otherwise, someone should really tidy up in Denver's FO ... Jersey and New York a capable trade partners, that both offered pretty good packages ... though, Denver might not be so keen on New Yorks picks, because NY might have a pretty good season when Melo is a Knickerbocker ... still:

Denver is in no hurry ... and not everything that's talked about, whether it's from Melo or Denver or anybody else, is getting public.

sintaks12
01-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Nuggets just can't be THAT stupid to let Melo walk for nothing. I think they act a bit crazy, but it's still all a poker-game. Before Deadline Melo will get moved. Otherwise, someone should really tidy up in Denver's FO ... Jersey and New York a capable trade partners, that both offered pretty good packages ... though, Denver might not be so keen on New Yorks picks, because NY might have a pretty good season when Melo is a Knickerbocker ... still:

Denver is in no hurry ... and not everything that's talked about, whether it's from Melo or Denver or anybody else, is getting public.

This is great news for Knick fans. That's how Donnie operates. There's no build up, at least not to the extent of the NJ debacle. One day we'll wake up to headlines that Melo was traded to NY and it will be a deal that none of us saw coming.

goose15
01-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Knicks will give the Nuggs Roger Mason Jr. & a fish taco

jiggin
01-23-2011, 10:07 AM
East is going to get pretty scary :speechless:

you mean the east will finally catch up to the west?

Its always sad when a 8th place team in the west conference could be in the top 5+ of the east...which has been the case for some time now.

Bout time the east loosens up the west...

jiggin
01-23-2011, 10:08 AM
PS - This sucks. What has the NBA become... :(

Weezy
01-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Eddy Curry + Amare's swagger cologne for Melo

nycsports2
01-23-2011, 10:09 AM
I kind thought this the whole time hes not going anywhere cuz he wanna be a knick and the knicks dont have what denver wants as a knick fan i dont wanna do the trade but just wait it out and see

mjqusoldier
01-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Cool now lets trade for a shotblocking rebounding center and fire our head coach

nycsports2
01-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Cool now lets trade for a shotblocking rebounding center and fire our head coach

shutup!.... agreed

Lakers4ItAll
01-23-2011, 11:15 AM
I still don't see why the Clippers aren't in this

jimm120
01-23-2011, 11:23 AM

this

Yes, that is a given.

Plus, they'll take that offer just so theKnicks can't get him. Even if the Knicks offer is better, they'll take that deal of expirings.

Denver is spiteful. They shouldn't have even tried to trade him (so seriously). The should have tried to go on a playoff run, since they're a playoff team. They should have tried to convince him to stay at the end. So, THEY opt to trade him.

They shouldn't have been so greedy with the Nets. Really? You want Melo to sign an extension with the Nets, while making the Nets take on the 3 1/2 years of Al Harrington contract, a 34 year old Rip and a 36 year old Billups...both with long contracts and lots o monty? Oh, and no draft picks?

Slimsim
01-23-2011, 11:23 AM
adding the melo to the knicks would it even help winning a championship? defense gets you that championship not offense

Get a defensive coach or force Mike D to hie a defensive Guru as a assistant coach

BSplaya2121
01-23-2011, 11:51 AM
We will give the Nuggets Andy Rautins and Eddy Curry's W-2 Form (he def doesnt file for taxes), for melo.

faze38
01-23-2011, 12:04 PM

Why would they trade him for all expirings when he comes of the books anyway they might as well just trade with the Knicks get back some young talent and try and get them to get gerald wallace involved then they will have wallace a pick and some good youth

NYtilIdie
01-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Denver seems so hell-bent on making sure Melo doesn't go to the Knicks that they're shooting themselves in the foot in the process.

nolafan33
01-23-2011, 12:38 PM
That's just...pathetic.

kjoke
01-23-2011, 12:42 PM
i hate carmelo such a douche, if he wants to get traded, the nuggets have every right to trade him where they can get the best pieces.

Mishmin
01-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Denver's got to take what they can get from New York. Don't really have a choice. Fields, Chandler, Eddy's contract, first round pick. That's not bad Denver.

oak2455
01-23-2011, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=kjoke;16427833]i hate carmelo such a douche, if he wants to get traded, the nuggets have every right to trade him where they can get the best pieces.[/QUOT

:confused:

SteBO
01-23-2011, 01:02 PM
right like the three douches in Miami:confused:
Baiting.

oak2455
01-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Baiting.

really read above whats that:confused: he's doing what every FA wants to do go to the team he wants IE like Wade, LBJ, Bosh, Dirk the list goes on

SteBO
01-23-2011, 01:05 PM
really read above whats that:confused:
I see that, bt you don't have to sink to that level.

oak2455
01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
I see that, bt you don't have to sink to that level.

your right kinda edit it for you:)

Kakaroach
01-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Denver seems so hell-bent on making sure Melo doesn't go to the Knicks that they're shooting themselves in the foot in the process. Like I said in the other thread, if they don't like the package you can't blame them on rejecting the deal. They have been stated as not being high on Gallo and Chandler is a restricted FA who will get a huge raise.

Unfortunately for the Nuggets, with this piece of news coming out I'm not sure they will have much say in the matter and be forced to trade Melo.

oak2455
01-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Like I said in the other thread, if they don't like the package you can't blame them on rejecting the deal. They have been stated as not being high on Gallo and Chandler is a restricted FA who will get a huge raise.

Unfortunately for the Nuggets, with this piece of news coming out I'm not sure they will have much say in the matter and be forced to trade Melo.

this is like the Johan Santana deal...they got what from the Mets, bc they wanted the Yanks and Sox to give up everything:eyebrow: and lost:D

SteBO
01-23-2011, 01:11 PM
really read above whats that:confused: he's doing what every FA wants to do go to the team he wants IE like Wade, LBJ, Bosh, Dirk the list goes on
Agree. Melo seems dead set on creating another superteam in NY. However, I'm not too sure if this source is reliable and in my opinion, this is a tactic by 'Melo to get Denver to trade him to New York, and think it's going to work. Only a matter of time until this goes down.

kjoke
01-23-2011, 01:15 PM

but hes not a FA, YET.

when he completes his time there in denver he has the right to go anywhere, unil then the nuggets OWN him and can do whatever they want with him

Kakaroach
01-23-2011, 01:17 PM
this is like the Johan Santana deal...they got what from the Mets, bc they wanted the Yanks and Sox to give up everything:eyebrow: and lost:D I'm pretty sure the big road block in the Nets trade was a Melo extension, not the fact that Denver asked for too much.

Which is why the Knicks can lowball the Nuggets for Melo. Rather get something than lose him for nothing. Unfortunate, but the Nuggets don't really have another choice.

oak2455
01-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Agree. Melo seems dead set on creating another superteam in NY. However, I'm not too sure if this source is reliable and in my opinion, this is a tactic by 'Melo to get Denver to trade him to New York, and think it's going to work. Only a matter of time until this goes down.

I agree sources suck unless its Melo himself saying it.....only time will tell. This whole thing is silly it really is:mad:

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-23-2011, 01:20 PM
The Nuggets are gonna TERRIBLE next year if they dont get something for Melo. Nene will leav for sure if the team goes to rebuilding mode. Whoever their GM is, is a ****ing ****** if they don't get something.

oak2455
01-23-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm pretty sure the big road block in the Nets trade was a Melo extension, not the fact that Denver asked for too much.

Which is why the Knicks can lowball the Nuggets for Melo. Rather get something than lose him for nothing. Unfortunate, but the Nuggets don't really have another choice.

I agree which is why probably a month ago they shouldve told teams hes your but you work out the extension....then this couldve been over already:D

Dade County
01-23-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm calling it now. Denver waits to the absolute last minute on deadline day and ships him to someone out of the blue like the Clippers, Warriors, or Hornets.

If Melo gets traded to the Hornets, he stays with the hornets; and every GM cries bloody murder, because the league owns the Hornets and it will be seen as a move to keep Hornets in New Orleans....... I have a bad feeling about this.

kjoke
01-23-2011, 01:22 PM
if i was carmelo i would sign the extension, next year may be a lock out, so there goes one year. Plays two more years in denver, doesnt look bad, looks loyal, then when he truns 29 he can go to the knicks who may have been established with cp3 maybe being there.

NYsFinest
01-23-2011, 01:23 PM
but hes not a FA, YET.

when he completes his time there in denver he has the right to go anywhere, unil then the nuggets OWN him and can do whatever they want with him

People don't get it. Melo isn't DEMANDING anything. After Lebron walked away for nothing, the Nuggets are panicking and trying to get the most out of Melo. Melo has never said he doesn't want to play out his contract, and he is clearly more than happy to do so if need be. But he doesn't have to sign an extension with a team he doesn't want to play for just so the Nuggets get a better trade offer. Its the Nuggets pressing the issue, not Melo...

oak2455
01-23-2011, 01:24 PM
but hes not a FA, YET.

I agree but they shouldve let teams know what his intension's were and then it was up to the teams

Kakaroach
01-23-2011, 01:31 PM
People don't get it. Melo isn't DEMANDING anything. After Lebron walked away for nothing, the Nuggets are panicking and trying to get the most out of Melo. Melo has never said he doesn't want to play out his contract, and he is clearly more than happy to do so if need be. But he doesn't have to sign an extension with a team he doesn't want to play for just so the Nuggets get a better trade offer. Its the Nuggets pressing the issue, not Melo... No, it was Melo who asked to be traded before the season even started. He didn't want to play out his contract, he wanted to sign the extension and get to play for another team. The only way he is gonna get to do that is if he gets traded to another team this season and signs the extension, which would all happen before the current CBA expires.

Knickrocketsfan
01-23-2011, 01:44 PM
No, it was Melo who asked to be traded before the season even started. He didn't want to play out his contract, he wanted to sign the extension and get to play for another team. The only way he is gonna get to do that is if he gets traded to another team this season and signs the extension, which would all happen before the current CBA expires.

Yes it was melo, oh wait he never asked for a trade.

NYman15
01-23-2011, 01:47 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-01-23/nba-gm-carmelo-anthony-to-knicks-is-inevitable

"Inevitable"

EWreckShin
01-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Sources: Carmelo Willing To Wait, Sign With Knicks As Free Agent
Jan 22, 2011 11:08 AM EST
Several sources close to Carmelo Anthony tell Chris Broussard that he is willing to play out the season and sign in New York as a free agent next summer, feeling that he can make up lost salary through endorsements.

With the belief that Anthony will end up signing with the Knicks growing, teams may back off their pursuit of the All-Star forward.

"Sources also say sentiment around the league that Anthony will sign with New York is so strong that many teams that have been willing to trade for Anthony as a rental are now reconsidering," Broussard writes.

The Rockets are thought to be a prime candidate to rent Anthony but if the team feels its chances of convincing him to sign an extension to stay in Houston are slim, it will not make a substantial offer to Denver.

Sources tell Broussard that the Knicks' timetable for trading Anthony Randolph may be pushed back by about one week with the Nets pulling out of trade discussions to acquire Anthony.

Minnesota and Indiana are the likeliest destinations for Randolph because both teams have an available first-round pick that the Knicks can use in a trade for Anthony.

But the Nuggets may be interested in taking Randolph for themselves.

I thought this was all obvious by now. ;)

nolafan33
01-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Hornets GM Dell Demps had a Q&A with Hornets fans last night and there was a question about Melo. I thought yall would find it interesting:

Are the Hornets players in the Carmelo Anthony Sweepstakes?

Ah, the question so many people have been asking. Well, I hate to break it to you guys, but it's not happening. Dell was great in answering this question, telling us that he "is not allowed to talk about specific players to the media, but there's no rules against doing so with the fans." Demps discussed the double-edged sword nature of any Carmelo Anthony trade, saying that Denver's asking price is just too high. To acquire a player of his caliber (who he made clear is one of those 15 "home run hitters" he mentioned before), a team would need to trade a bunch of its current assets and leave themselves in a poor position to re-sign him after shipping away so many pieces of the team to acquire him. Regardless, Melo has made it clear to Demps and others that he wants to play on the east coast, and would not entertain the thought of staying in New Orleans.

nycericanguy
01-23-2011, 03:02 PM
No, it was Melo who asked to be traded before the season even started. He didn't want to play out his contract, he wanted to sign the extension and get to play for another team. The only way he is gonna get to do that is if he gets traded to another team this season and signs the extension, which would all happen before the current CBA expires.

huh? I've been following this Melo thing pretty closely and I've never heard Melo say anything even close to that, or any reports that he did.

Do you have a link? Sounds like you just completely made that up.

Melo has always said he would like to keep his options open until the end of the season.

Its DEN that tried to FORCE him to sign an extension in NJ where he didn't want to play just so they could get Favors and picks.

Kakaroach
01-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Yes it was melo, oh wait he never asked for a trade.

huh? I've been following this Melo thing pretty closely and I've never heard Melo say anything even close to that, or any reports that he did.

Do you have a link? Sounds like you just completely made that up.

Melo has always said he would like to keep his options open until the end of the season.

Its DEN that tried to FORCE him to sign an extension in NJ where he didn't want to play just so they could get Favors and picks. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610

Pretty clear cut for both of you right there on a legit source, not sure what trade you guys have been following. Before the season even started.

nycericanguy
01-23-2011, 03:46 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610

Pretty clear cut for both of you right there on a legit source, not sure what trade you guys have been following. Before the season even started.

huh? where does it say that Melo is refusing to play out his contract? Where does it say Melo has demanded a trade? :confused:

Yes we all know Melo has probably told DEN that he has no intention of resigning in DEN, and that DEN might want to try to get something for him.

But thats entirely different from you saying that Melo is refusing to play out the season and his contract and is DEMANDING a trade. Because he has done neither.

shep33
01-23-2011, 03:56 PM
He'll be traded by the deadline... if not, Denver becomes one of the worst teams next year, very sad situation. Basically Denver's 3 best players won't be there next year... Nene gone, Melo gone, Billups would want a trade.

Don't get what the Nuggets are doing... they have a terrific chance to rebuild with players like Fields and Chandler, plus picks, and Curry's expiring.

nycericanguy
01-23-2011, 04:20 PM
He'll be traded by the deadline... if not, Denver becomes one of the worst teams next year, very sad situation. Basically Denver's 3 best players won't be there next year... Nene gone, Melo gone, Billups would want a trade.

Don't get what the Nuggets are doing... they have a terrific chance to rebuild with players like Fields and Chandler, plus picks, and Curry's expiring.

agreed, even if they have to pay Chandler $8m thats still a fair deal considering he's only 23. and if they are totally against that they can take Gallo who is on a rookie deal for 2 more seasons, although i prefer they take Chandler. Then they could trade Billups & Nene and get back even more young pieces.

Chandler, Fields, Lawson, Afflalo, plus whatever they get for Nene & Billups plus picks left and right would be a good start.

WizFan3
01-23-2011, 04:38 PM
t trade him now its obvious wheres hes gonna go now just save DEN the troubles later

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-23-2011, 04:51 PM
as big of a melo fan as i am i wanted him here in jersey/NY..but im kinda happy we are keepin favors and our picks...maybe somthing else will happen for us but for now im happy as is and melo being a knick is all good.

justinnum1
01-23-2011, 04:52 PM
The thing i dont undersand is, knicks with melo is nowhere near as good as denver is now. knicks with melo win maybe 50 games. Melo should stay the season and see how the nuggets finish. Nuggets were a serious title contender last season until karl took his leave

BkOriginalOne
01-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Nuggets actually have a better team Melo-less than the Cavs do Lebron-less
This is what the Knicks should want all along.
By adding Melo to what they already have, they become an incredibly deep team, signing up as a free is better than Trading Fields, Chandler or Gallo, still, their going to have to get their monies in a couple years.

nycericanguy
01-23-2011, 05:23 PM
The thing i dont undersand is, knicks with melo is nowhere near as good as denver is now. knicks with melo win maybe 50 games. Melo should stay the season and see how the nuggets finish. Nuggets were a serious title contender last season until karl took his leave

:confused:

Huh NY & DEN have almost identical records this season, how does adding Melo to NY make them nowhere near as good as DEN when they already are???.

We're talking about this season and forward, obviously DEN had some great teams that fell short, but K-mart, Birdman, & Billups are not the players they used to be so its unrealistic to expect DEN to make any serious run with this team. Their window is closed.

NY with Melo is hands down better than the current DEN team.

mudvayne387
01-23-2011, 05:27 PM

I'm beginning to realize the majority of HEAT fans have very little basketball knowledge outside of their little "bandwagon bubble". Come on man, no where near as good ? The Knicks would be a defensive minded center away from being a legitimate contender.

NYtilIdie
01-23-2011, 05:49 PM

Well you gotta look at it like this, Billups age is starting to show, JR looks like he's good as gone, K-Mart's leaving, Nene could be headed out. Then your stuck with Al Chuckles, injury prone Anderson, Lawson and Affalo, who could leave since he's a restricted. Of course theres going to be more players, but its scrubs like Balkman, Forbes, Ely.

That could be a complete different team by next year. Joining the Knicks he gets a roster thats 2 pieces away from seriously competing (Center & backup PG), a scoring threat down low in Amare who can help space the floor for Melo, a coach whose system compliments his style of play and he can get out of the West.

Not to mention 2012 when we can POSSIBLY (not guaranteeing at this point) make a run for CP3 if he becomes unhappy in NO.