PDA

View Full Version : Kobe: Denver Nuggets fans are "stupid" and "idiots"

ko8e24
01-22-2011, 02:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6047389

DENVER -- Kobe Bryant clarified his remarks that Denver Nuggets fans are "stupid" for booing Carmelo Anthony over his trade stance.

The Lakers were in town to play the Nuggets, and after shootaround Friday, Bryant was asked again about Anthony getting roundly booed following his 35-point performance against Oklahoma City 48 hours earlier.

"I said they were idiots for booing," Bryant recounted.

Reminded that a day earlier he had characterized those frustrated fans as "stupid" for booing their own superstar, Bryant replied, "Stupid and idiots are synonymous."

Idiots might be harsher.

"I don't know," Bryant said. "They're close. They're cousins."

Either way, the Los Angeles Lakers star who regularly gets booed at Pepsi Center himself, contends Anthony -- his teammate on the 2008 Olympic gold-medal team -- doesn't deserve similar treatment from his home crowd.

Bryant quieted the Nuggets fans his own way, scoring 14 of his 18 points in the decisive third quarter as the Lakers won 107-97.

He suggested that if Anthony were at all waffling about his desire for a trade, the Nuggets fans' hostile treatment just might push him out of Denver.

"Melo's a good friend of mine and it's the truth," Bryant said after the game. "It's stupid. You don't boo him. It's silly. You boo him the first time, let him know how you feel and get over it."

SteBO
01-22-2011, 02:55 PM
I agree with Kobe to an extent. Denver has the right to boo him and be bitter over the situation at hand, but he's still the team and they should still support him. They should boo him when he's in a NY jersey this season or the next.

210Don
01-22-2011, 03:09 PM
he wants out why not boo him?

ko8e24
01-22-2011, 03:14 PM
he wants out why not boo him?

Denver Nuggets fans = what have you done for me lately fans

At least with the whole uncertainty in Cleveland and the talk of free agency of 2010, for 7 consecutive yrs, and during the 2009-2010 regular season, LeBron was cheered for, never booed.

Not only are Nuggets fans hurting themselves now, but they're also hurting future prospects and potentials (who could be all-stars or superstars) to sign with the Nuggets as a free agent. I'm sure they don't want to be the superstar player for that franchise and run the risk of being booed later on in their tenure with the team by these Nugget fans.

abe_froman
01-22-2011, 03:23 PM

At least with the whole uncertainty in Cleveland and the talk of free agency of 2010, for 7 consecutive yrs, and during the 2009-2010 regular season, LeBron was cheered for, never booed.

Not only are Nuggets fans hurting themselves now, but they're also hurting future prospects and potentials (who could be all-stars or superstars) to sign with the Nuggets as a free agent. I'm sure they don't want to be the superstar player for that franchise and run the risk of being booed later on in their tenure with the team by these Nugget fans.

every fanbase=what have you done for me lately fans.

and the situations are different.lebron gave out false hope.it wasnt a 100% he's deadset on leaving and wants out now attitude.he played ,went about his business while still being a cav(no one was certain he'd even leave,he played it that close to the vest.).with melo its out there every day that he wants out,no way he will stay in denver under any circumstance,and he wants out now.

and no i wouldnt say that.unless you been in the situation they are in(being a laker fan its hard for you..though could go back to your feelings on shaq in the final days).they have a right to hurt,be angry.as well i dont think it hurts them with any future guys players they get

ko8e24
01-22-2011, 03:26 PM

and the situations are different.lebron gave out false hope.it wasnt a 100% he's deadset on leaving and wants out now attitude.he played ,went about his business while still being a cav(no one was certain he'd even leave,he played it that close to the vest.).with melo its out there every day that he wants out,no way he will stay in denver under any circumstance,and he wants out now.

and no i wouldnt say that.unless you been in the situation they are in(being a laker fan its hard for you..though could go back to your feelings on shaq in the final days).they have a right to hurt,be angry.as well i dont think it hurts them with any future guys players they get

As far as Shaq goes, when he demanded to be traded, I didn't know how to react. To be honest, in a 3 day span, the Lakers lost in the finals to Detroit, Phil left the Lakers, Shaq demanded a trade, and Kobe was not sure if he was gonna be back with the Lakers. I was moreso very sad and depressed that Shaq was demanding a trade rather than being angry with him.

The truth is....I still miss Shaq, I really wish he retired with us.

C_Mund
01-22-2011, 03:29 PM
I'd boo him too.
If he's only playing to impress his next team then he should be benched. If you come out in public and make it seem like your only priority is your future and that future doesn't include your current team, you should spend the rest of your current contract in a suit. Show up to practice and sit, come to games and sit, wait to be traded or sign but if you're not committed to the team then why should the fans show any loyalty to you?

smith&wesson
01-22-2011, 03:34 PM
they shouldnt boo him because hasnt quit on the team, he is still under contract and he is still givint 100 % effort.

also, he is giving denver a chance to get somthing in return.

chris bosh quit on his team, made the city of toronot beleive he would resign and then fled. he gave his team no chance to get any thing in return, and quit on the following the all star break.

carmelo at least is going about doing things the right way, but he has a preference in where he wants to go. thats normal, thats just a guy taking care of himself and his career, i wouldnt boo him for that. dude has a right to play where he wants, he has full fulled his contract with the nuggets.

ManRam
01-22-2011, 03:37 PM
They'd be idiots if they didn't boo. Just shut up and play Melo...that's really all he needs to do.

Mudvayne91
01-22-2011, 03:42 PM
My bad, I'll be chill.

RZZZA
01-22-2011, 03:47 PM
I gotta say, Melo is taking it well. He's all smiles, all the time.

americaspasttim
01-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Keep it friendly guys...

dtmagnet
01-22-2011, 03:54 PM
So fans aren't allowed to be angry with their own players, ok gotcha Kobe.

Hakuna
01-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Carmelo Anthony deserves to be booed!

He has a hefty contract extension on the table which he has chosen not to sign, saying he wants out of Denver. So if you want out of their city, Denver fans not only have the right to boo him, they should boo him. That is just common sense.

WizFan3
01-22-2011, 04:06 PM
this is out of character for these fans its not for sure that carmelo will leave b4 the deadline so if e stays booing him isnt gonna wanna make him stay next yr

GREATNESS ONE
01-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Yes Boo him right out the building. At least make him feel wanted? oh wait some of you guys think that's stupid.

Avenged
01-22-2011, 04:13 PM
If fans want to boo, let them. All they are showing is their anger and disappointment. Melo isn't the first nor will he be the last to hear a boo.

RZZZA
01-22-2011, 04:15 PM
I just love that they're booing him as he's putting up great numbers and helping the team win. and lots of these fans hope he re-signs with Denver, booing him isn't gonna convince him

TylerSL
01-22-2011, 04:25 PM
They have every right to boo him. I would too if I were a Denver fan. Everybody hates Lebron for coming to Miami, but what Melo is doing is the real crime. He has acted like a drama queen the whole way. He says he will sign an extention wherever he goes, ends up not going to do that. He says he wants out, and then when New Jersey is ready to talk to him he says "I dont want to talk to you or anybody else, I am a Denver Nugget". He said he was a "Denver Nugget", since when? He quit being a Denver Nugget the moment he started this ****. I have lost all respect I ever had for Melo, and I cant see how anybody can like him after all this.........

Bornknick73
01-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Carmelo Anthony deserves to be booed!

He has a hefty contract extension on the table which he has chosen not to sign, saying he wants out of Denver. So if you want out of their city, Denver fans not only have the right to boo him, they should boo him. That is just common sense.

I was on the fence about this but you made it clear. I think if any of us was in that situation we would boo too. But on the flipside what if he doesnt get traded? Youre in the middle of a playoff run and youre gonna boo your best player the rest of the season?

I would boo for sure though. Right now anyway.

THINKBLUE15
01-22-2011, 04:30 PM
OMFG Kobe...shut the hell up.

I'm a Laker fan and love Kobe but he needs to keep his mouth shut.

TylerSL
01-22-2011, 04:32 PM
I just love that they're booing him as he's putting up great numbers and helping the team win. and lots of these fans hope he re-signs with Denver, booing him isn't gonna convince him

how would you feel if Rose said going to another team is an "ultimate dream" while he is in a Bulls uniform. You probably cant imagine that, so you dont know how Nuggets fans feel. Regarless if he is playing great, if your star player makes it clear he no longer wants to play for you in the way Melo has, deserves to be booed. I am not saying every superstar player that wants to be traded desrves to be booed. If they leave in FA and dont stir **** while under contract deserves to get cheered, but if they act the way Melo did through all of this, they deserve to get booed wherever he goes.

TylerSL
01-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Kobe has not right to talk, he tried to do the same thing after Shaq left...........

TylerSL
01-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Also, Lebron haters. How is this not 100x as bad as what Lebron did? Lebron never said he wanted out of Cleveland, he just left in FA like he had every right to do. Melo on the other hand as been a MAJOR Drama Queen and constantly stirred up **** while under contract. So I would like to know how this isnt alot worse than what Lebron did?

Rego247
01-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Also, Lebron haters. How is this not 100x as bad as what Lebron did? Lebron never said he wanted out of Cleveland, he just left in FA like he had every right to do. Melo on the other hand as been a MAJOR Drama Queen and constantly stirred up **** while under contract. So I would like to know how this isnt alot worse than what Lebron did?

but this isnt a lebron thread, its about carmelo. why does everything have to come back to last summer and lebron?

D Roses Bulls
01-22-2011, 04:53 PM
If this was any of your teams star player and he wanted out, you'd be booing him too. they have every right to boo him.

TheDiggler
01-22-2011, 05:01 PM
With buying a ticket every fan buys the right to speak up his opinion during a game. If it's a cheer or a boo ... is up to the "fan". As long as nobody gets hurt ... my god ... it's sports.

TylerSL
01-22-2011, 05:06 PM
but this isnt a lebron thread, its about carmelo. why does everything have to come back to last summer and lebron?

I know I was the one that brought up Lebron, but when I see anybody defend Melo and those same people defending Melo hate Lebron, which I find very ironic. So I would like to know (from the people who dont hate Melo, but hate Lebron) how what Lebron did was worse.

ko8e24
01-22-2011, 05:09 PM
I know I was the one that brought up Lebron, but when I see anybody defend Melo and those same people defending Melo hate Lebron, which I find very ironic. So I would like to know (from the people who dont hate Melo, but hate Lebron) how what Lebron did was worse.

The Decision

Confusious
01-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Kobe's always been blunt, huh?

blastmasta26
01-22-2011, 05:27 PM
If it was any team outside of Colorado, Kobe wouldn't have a problem with it. :)

hyb152
01-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Kobe's defending his friend Melo like he defended lebron when he chose to go to miami. So I see where kobe's coming from. He's being a good homie to his buddies. But on the other hand, denver fans should be upset. Carmelo is forcing his way out by demanding a trade while under contract. This is much different than Lebron leaving cleveland because he was a free agent. Melo is pulling this crap in the middle of the season when they're 6th/7th in the west. They probably could be higher if it weren't for all the melo drama.

Weezy
01-22-2011, 05:52 PM
They'd be idiots if they didn't boo. Just shut up and play Melo...that's really all he needs to do.

LOL Ive said the same for Lebron too.......

Melo just needs to keep playing.. he is playing I think we can all agree with that but from now on he should just dismiss any questions by media that deals with trading him.

LA_Raiders
01-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Trade him or make a move... Simple as that...

jimm120
01-22-2011, 06:29 PM

Kobe's defending his friend Melo like he defended lebron when he chose to go to miami. So I see where kobe's coming from. He's being a good homie to his buddies. But on the other hand, denver fans should be upset. Carmelo is forcing his way out by demanding a trade while under contract. This is much different than Lebron leaving cleveland because he was a free agent. Melo is pulling this crap in the middle of the season when they're 6th/7th in the west. They probably could be higher if it weren't for all the melo drama.

That is a LIE!

The only "out there" is that Denver, instead of keeping him for a playoff run and trying to change his mind on the extension/re-signing, has opted to trade him. Melo has not gone on TV or anywhere and said that he wanted to be traded. So, stop lying.

DENVER is trying to trade him.
MELO does not have ANY say in where he goes.
The only right Melo has is to sign an extension now during the season with whichever team or to sign a contract come this summer.

This situation is all on Denver.

IMO, I think winning teams (especially teams like Denver, which can easily be TOP 4) should keep players that are expiring and hope to re-sign them in the summer. Losing teams or fringe playoff teams I can understand trading away their star player for picks/young players but Denver has opted not to.

Mudvayne91
01-22-2011, 06:58 PM
I gotta say, Melo is taking it well. He's all smiles, all the time.

He's like the chesire cat, always smiling.

Raph12
01-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Harsh but true...

blueplanet
01-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Really? Calling a fanbase stupid and idiot? WOW! That's pretty classy. I would boo the **** out of my superstar if he wanted to leave. WTF is he thinking? WOW! He is resurrecting his bad boy image. Congrats Kobe!

redhorse
01-22-2011, 07:40 PM
he has every right to want to become a free agent. I dnt see why people are getting worked up for. And i never heard him demand anything dont know what ppl talkn about.

TylerSL
01-22-2011, 07:58 PM
The Decision

exept that is no where near worse than what Melo is doing. The Decision was going on national television to say where you are going to sign as a FA. What Melo is doing is saying he wants out, then when Denver gets a deal ready to trade him, he decides he dont want to go to that team so he wont talk to them to get an extension when he is the one who said "I will sign an extention wherever I go. To think that going on Television to say where you are going to sign because you are the biggest FA in NBA History is worse than all the **** Melo is pulled is absolutely crazy...........

sunsfan88
01-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Stay classy Kobe.

But he needs to realize its not the fans that are stupid, its the management.

faze38
01-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Kobe is right after he took KD to school your going to boo him that's just dumb. He played well and helped u guys win a game there is no reason to boo him after that performance. I mean yes it's ok to boo him one time but he isn't leaving now and the fans are just making it easier for him to go. They should be showing him love and remind him of what he is losing if he goes. I mean if they did that and the FO made some good movies I bet he wont go any where. They are also making it alot hard for the FO because it makes them think if we don't get rid of him our fans will turn on us. So that is an all around fail by the fans!

championships
01-22-2011, 08:29 PM
The fans are being stupid. They should be holding up signs saying "Comeback Melo". instead they are going to boo him right out of denver. Then the fans will be booing the whole team cause they would be very mediocre and barely make the playoffs.

kblo247
01-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Kobe is backing his "little brother" and supporting him at the end of the day.

He also did the same thing on the Mason and Ireland show when they were bashing Miami's big 3 for coming together last summer. He told them they werebeing stupid to mock guys for trying to win and although LBJ could have handled the Decision better he is still young and can learn from his mistakes.

He backed Kwame Brown when Staples booed him in his last game as a Laker there by telling the fans that pay out their ***** don't show up.

He slammed the ball on the floor after beating Utah and screamed FU MFs years ago for them booing Fisher by his own admission.

Even during his trade demand he said outright Luke and Lamar need no blame. They are the only 2 who are in the gym early, leave late, and play hurt alongside me to try and win.

The fact is he will back up guys who he respects and likes. He will try to kill them when they are his opponent but he will back them up.
-------

Back to the Denver situation:

Kobe is right since Melo did not ask to be traded. Denver tried to strong arm him into extending with them by saying extend or we will trade you in public, after he told them behind closed doors he won't extend. The problem is that he will not extend with just any team you send him to thus limiting Denver's returns. That is not Melo's problem though as he has a contractual right to not extend with any team and explore free agency, and before someone *****es Melo is on record of saying he will play wnywhere that they send him to or in Denver for the rest of the year but he won't extend just anywhere because they want him to do so.

When it comes to the fans booing him, they are idiots. They boo the guy every time he catches the ball and is even defending another player. It makes no sense to boo him when he has been the best player on the team this year, and even less when he made KD his ***** on both ends. To boo him after that is stupid because you aren't appreciating the hard work and are just pushing him right out of the door. You can say well Kobe got booed, but it didn''t last as he got booed in pregame intros but was getting MVP chants by the third quarter of his first game of the season. Magic also got the same treatment after his trade demands but got his love for playing hard.

At the end of the day Melo has no screwed Denver. He took a team that sucked *** for 8 years straight and took them to 7 straight winning seasons, and they currently have a winning record now because of him and not in spite of him. To boo the guy and everything he does is idiotic especially when he is playing well and helping the team win. If and when he leaves it won't be because he screwed Denver. It will be because of management making closed door meeting public and idiotic fans.

In the end Melo won't screw Denver, but their fans and management will on the way to be a laughing stock of the league that they were without him carrying them both from a basketball and financcial standpoint once again.

TylerSL
01-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Kobe is backing his "little brother" and supporting him at the end of the day.

He also did the same thing on the Mason and Ireland show when they were bashing Miami's big 3 for coming together last summer. He told them they werebeing stupid to mock guys for trying to win and although LBJ could have handled the Decision better he is still young and can learn from his mistakes.

He backed Kwame Brown when Staples booed him in his last game as a Laker there by telling the fans that pay out their ***** don't show up.

He slammed the ball on the floor after beating Utah and screamed FU MFs years ago for them booing Fisher by his own admission.

Even during his trade demand he said outright Luke and Lamar need no blame. They are the only 2 who are in the gym early, leave late, and play hurt alongside me to try and win.

The fact is he will back up guys who he respects and likes. He will try to kill them when they are his opponent but he will back them up.
-------

Back to the Denver situation:

Kobe is right since Melo did not ask to be traded. Denver tried to strong arm him into extending with them by saying extend or we will trade you in public, after he told them behind closed doors he won't extend. The problem is that he will not extend with just any team you send him to thus limiting Denver's returns. That is not Melo's problem though as he has a contractual right to not extend with any team and explore free agency, and before someone *****es Melo is on record of saying he will play wnywhere that they send him to or in Denver for the rest of the year but he won't extend just anywhere because they want him to do so.

When it comes to the fans booing him, they are idiots. They boo the guy every time he catches the ball and is even defending another player. It makes no sense to boo him when he has been the best player on the team this year, and even less when he made KD his ***** on both ends. To boo him after that is stupid because you aren't appreciating the hard work and are just pushing him right out of the door. You can say well Kobe got booed, but it didn''t last as he got booed in pregame intros but was getting MVP chants by the third quarter of his first game of the season. Magic also got the same treatment after his trade demands but got his love for playing hard.

At the end of the day Melo has no screwed Denver. He took a team that sucked *** for 8 years straight and took them to 7 straight winning seasons, and they currently have a winning record now because of him and not in spite of him. To boo the guy and everything he does is idiotic especially when he is playing well and helping the team win. If and when he leaves it won't be because he screwed Denver. It will be because of management making closed door meeting public and idiotic fans.

In the end Melo won't screw Denver, but their fans and management will on the way to be a laughing stock of the league that they were without him carrying them both from a basketball and financcial standpoint once again.

this post is fail...... Melo has made it abundantly clear he wants out of Denver. He has said going to play for another team (Knicks) would be an "ultimate dream" while under contract. He then states "I will sign an extension wherever I go", then when Denver has a deal in place to trade him to New Jersey, Melo decides that he doesnt want to go to New Jersey and refuses to talk to them say "I am not talking to anybody, I am a Denver Nugget". You would hate it if Kobe said that playing for another team would be an "Ultimate Dream" while playing for Lakers. You have no idea what your talking about...

TylerSL
01-22-2011, 09:58 PM
The fans are being stupid. They should be holding up signs saying "Comeback Melo". instead they are going to boo him right out of denver. Then the fans will be booing the whole team cause they would be very mediocre and barely make the playoffs.

exept Melo wont come back, he has made that clear. New York is the only long term place he wants and he will not an extention anywhere else....

TylerSL
01-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Kobe is right after he took KD to school your going to boo him that's just dumb. He played well and helped u guys win a game there is no reason to boo him after that performance. I mean yes it's ok to boo him one time but he isn't leaving now and the fans are just making it easier for him to go. They should be showing him love and remind him of what he is losing if he goes. I mean if they did that and the FO made some good movies I bet he wont go any where. They are also making it alot hard for the FO because it makes them think if we don't get rid of him our fans will turn on us. So that is an all around fail by the fans!

see post above ^

kblo247
01-22-2011, 10:33 PM
this post is fail...... Melo has made it abundantly clear he wants out of Denver. He has said going to play for another team (Knicks) would be an "ultimate dream" while under contract. He then states "I will sign an extension wherever I go", then when Denver has a deal in place to trade him to New Jersey, Melo decides that he doesnt want to go to New Jersey and refuses to talk to them say "I am not talking to anybody, I am a Denver Nugget". You would hate it if Kobe said that playing for another team would be an "Ultimate Dream" while playing for Lakers. You have no idea what your talking about...

Nope. This post is full of crap.

He was asked what it would be like to play in his former home of Brooklyn. He went on to say it would be a dream to play in the place where he grew up. He never mentioned the Knicks or any franchise.

He did not ever say "I will sign an extension wherever I go". He said the extension is a main focus under the right situation. What Carmelo said on NBA TV to Smitty and Kamla was that I will play for any team I am trade to if Denver chooses to trade me, but I will not just extend anywhere.

Wrong again. Melo said I am a Denver Nugget and I will not talk to any other team because that is tampering. Denver had not even given Melo permission to speak with the Nets as of MLK day according to Marc Stein and David Aldridge as they hadn't called the league office and sent in their approval of a meeting between the two parties. They would do that on Tuesday and Melo/Proky would have a meeting set for Thursday morning by both of their admission. According to the Nets owner and Billy King there was no deal in place outside of the main parameters as Denver kept wanting more. The Nets owner even said Denver kept changing their request and enough was enough because what they were asking for could set their franchise back years with the uncertainty of Melo's extension and them not being able to talk to Melo until Thursday because of the Nuggets not filing papers on time.

As for Kobe, he has never said anything of the sort other than that it would be a dream to play in Italy like his father and Dantoni as well as show his family where he grew up when he is done with the NBA. That point aside, Carmelo never mentioned the Knicks or Nets, he was asked about what it would feel like to play in Brooklyn once again and he drew parallels to the way Billups is treated in Denver and how it would be a dream scenario to play where he grew up in front of fans and family or a normal basis.

Summary: Your post was bull **** with fabricated facts to try and pass over the agenda that LeBron's leaving Cleveland how he did was better, which you allude to earlier in the discussion. Don't try that with me kid :cool:

Hellcrooner
01-22-2011, 10:35 PM

mmm like i havent seem 1000 Trade Pau threads and posts lately on Psds KOBES forum.

NYMetros
01-22-2011, 10:40 PM
As usual, Kobe's right on the money.

TylerSL
01-22-2011, 11:00 PM
Nope. This post is full of crap.

He was asked what it would be like to play in his former home of Brooklyn. He went on to say it would be a dream to play in the place where he grew up. He never mentioned the Knicks or any franchise.

He did not ever say "I will sign an extension wherever I go". He said the extension is a main focus under the right situation. What Carmelo said on NBA TV to Smitty and Kamla was that I will play for any team I am trade to if Denver chooses to trade me, but I will not just extend anywhere.

Wrong again. Melo said I am a Denver Nugget and I will not talk to any other team because that is tampering. Denver had not even given Melo permission to speak with the Nets as of MLK day according to Marc Stein and David Aldridge as they hadn't called the league office and sent in their approval of a meeting between the two parties. They would do that on Tuesday and Melo/Proky would have a meeting set for Thursday morning by both of their admission. According to the Nets owner and Billy King there was no deal in place outside of the main parameters as Denver kept wanting more. The Nets owner even said Denver kept changing their request and enough was enough because what they were asking for could set their franchise back years with the uncertainty of Melo's extension and them not being able to talk to Melo until Thursday because of the Nuggets not filing papers on time.

As for Kobe, he has never said anything of the sort other than that it would be a dream to play in Italy like his father and Dantoni as well as show his family where he grew up when he is done with the NBA. That point aside, Carmelo never mentioned the Knicks or Nets, he was asked about what it would feel like to play in Brooklyn once again and he drew parallels to the way Billups is treated in Denver and how it would be a dream scenario to play where he grew up in front of fans and family or a normal basis.

Summary: Your post was bull **** with fabricated facts to try and pass over the agenda that LeBron's leaving Cleveland how he did was better, which you allude to earlier in the discussion. Don't try that with me kid :cool:

look, regardless whether or not he said he wanted to play for the Knicks, he has made it clear he wants to go to New York. There is only 1 New York basketball team (soon to be 2) but he does not want to go to New Jersey (soon to be Brooklyn). The only team he is going to is long term is the Knicks.

You are wrong, Melo did say he would sign an extension wherever he went http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/12/19/1886138/melo-im-going-to-sign-extension

Also, Denver gave permission to NJ to talk to Melo and he decided not to talk to them http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/carmelo_anthony_trade_rumors_carmelo_wont_talk_wit h_new_jersey_nets/3982105

I know Kobe never said anything like that, I was saying you would hate it if he did....

Summary: You agree that Denver is dumb to boo Melo because Kobe said it, but Melo has only been serious about going to New York. Melo has still played good, but clearly only wants to go to New York long term.... Good try with you attempting to call me out on fabricating my facts when it is in fact you who did the fabricating :laugh2:

I would consider this worse than Lebron leaving his team in FA.....

Using your words "Dont try that with me kid :cool:"

TylerSL
01-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Kobe is defending Melo because he tried to do the same thing after Shaq left......

Statik1
01-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Kobe and Melo have a mutual respect for each other I am not shocked that Kobe defended him

Bullsfan22
01-22-2011, 11:38 PM
agree with kobe

HeaTxRipZz
01-22-2011, 11:39 PM
how would you feel if Rose said going to another team is an "ultimate dream" while he is in a Bulls uniform. You probably cant imagine that, so you dont know how Nuggets fans feel. Regarless if he is playing great, if your star player makes it clear he no longer wants to play for you in the way Melo has, deserves to be booed. I am not saying every superstar player that wants to be traded desrves to be booed. If they leave in FA and dont stir **** while under contract deserves to get cheered, but if they act the way Melo did through all of this, they deserve to get booed wherever he goes.

Well Rose is a Chicago Native ....Melo is from NY this is why he said it's his ultimate dream I don't know anyone who actually played sports seriously never considered playing for their home team if they were fortunate enough to make it to the pros in the future.

kblo247
01-22-2011, 11:42 PM
look, regardless whether or not he said he wanted to play for the Knicks, he has made it clear he wants to go to New York. There is only 1 New York basketball team (soon to be 2) but he does not want to go to New Jersey (soon to be Brooklyn). The only team he is going to is long term is the Knicks.

You are wrong, Melo did say he would sign an extension wherever he went http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/12/19/1886138/melo-im-going-to-sign-extension

Also, Denver gave permission to NJ to talk to Melo and he decided not to talk to them http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/carmelo_anthony_trade_rumors_carmelo_wont_talk_wit h_new_jersey_nets/3982105

I know Kobe never said anything like that, I was saying you would hate it if he did....

Summary: You agree that Denver is dumb to boo Melo because Kobe said it, but Melo has only been serious about going to New York. Melo has still played good, but clearly only wants to go to New York long term.... Good try with you attempting to call me out on fabricating my facts when it is in fact you who did the fabricating :laugh2:

I would consider this worse than Lebron leaving his team in FA.....

Using your words "Dont try that with me kid :cool:"

They asked him about Brooklyn in the video. The article says New York but the actual full video interview outright asked him about BK

Melo reiterated what he said to the NBA TV crew about his extension

"I'm going into my ninth season. I have no time to waste right now," Anthony said in Denver. "I want to see the light at the end of the tunnel in my future. That light is a championship.

He added, "At first, a lot of people were saying it's a money situation. It has nothing to do with no type of money," Anthony said. "I don't care about the money. My ultimate, at the end of the day, is to win and win a championship. Whether I feel like I can do that (in Denver), whether I feel like I need to go somewhere else and do it, that's my own ultimate decision."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2011/01/16/2011-01-16_title_not_money_motivating_melo.html#ixzz1BpG5D ZcN

He will only sign an extension with a team that he feels can help him win a ring. He said it could be Denver or it could be another team after the Nuggets were the ones who openly said they would trade him this summer if he didn't extend with them.

He has also said he would play the year out in Denver and feels that they could win on NBA TV to Kamla and Smitty only if K-Mart and Birdman are healthy to establish their defensive identity and backbone.

-------

Denver had not given them permission to talk to Melo that Monday or Tuesday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/01/17/nets.permission.carmelo/index.html

David Aldridge said druing the MLK showcase that the Nuggets still had not made the call to the league offices to give NJ and Melo formal approval to talk under the CBA. He would have committed tampering if he talked with them and Proky even said Denver had delayed giving them peromission in hsi press conference so Melo like he said in the article you posted

"I still won't step into something like that. I've seen a lot of people go through that and for me to sit here and say that I want to talk to them or Masai (Denver's executive vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri) and Josh (Denver's President Josh Kroenke) gave them permission to talk to me, I think that's false.

------

I agree with the fact that are dumb for booing a guy who literally shut Kevin Durant down and schooled him on both ends. I agree with the fact it is dumb to boo him after he has them with yet another winning record after K-mart and Birdman missed most of the season and Billups/Nene/JR all started it off playing horribly. I also think it is dumb and down right classless to boo the guy in his first game back after his sister died.

Sooner or later they get that he was never the one who asked for a public trade. He was given an ultimatum by his own front office, has played through it, has helped his team win even though they aren't healthy for yet another year and didn't bring in any real help to offset the injuries again.

As for him wanting to go to NY full time you should also see where he outright said he never wants to play for a system like Dantoni's again because he knows from his own experience that it doesn't win. He wants to be part of a defensive team since that wins titles and not an offensive minded team.

-----

LeBron left a team with no notice of his intentions on global television for the world to see. He did not even have the courtesy to tell Gilbert a couple minutes before the show happened. He was classless and made the situation a public mess.

Carmelo wasn't even the guy who made the fact he wouldn't be extending public, that incompetent *** GM and his staff did.

TylerSL
01-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Well Rose is a Chicago Native ....Melo is from NY this is why he said it's his ultimate dream I don't know anyone who actually played sports seriously never considered playing for their home team if they were fortunate enough to make it to the pros in the future.

I know that I was just stating a fact that if the star player of your team states it would be an "ultimate dream" to play for another city, that wouldnt make you mad? Thats all I was saying....

Hellcrooner
01-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Kobe is defending Melo because he tried to do the same thing after he threw shaq out of town and realized that he was not going to lead the team to crap by himself, but woudlnt recongize in public he needed another star to do so......

fixed

HeaTxRipZz
01-22-2011, 11:47 PM
I know that I was just stating a fact that if the star player of your team states it would be an "ultimate dream" to play for another city, that wouldnt make you mad? Thats all I was saying....

And I understand your point and I should have went deeper in my post. My point behind the response is that you have to look at the situation. I mean ok a fan of such and such team would be pissed off but there has to be a general sense of understanding of why he said it's the ultimate dream. I've noticed us fans of sports take alot of things to heart and we jump on these athletes like they aren't human and they don't feel or think they same things we think.

For people playing ball seriously I'm sure every athlete including myself before I quit always dreamed of playing for my home team if I somehow made it pro and I'm sure many others have as well but we look at the guys who have made it with an unreal standard. I mean look at Lebron people don't like him because of the TV show and because he joined up with 2 other all stars. When you are out in the park on the court or whatever playing any team sport you always want to have a team with your friends especially if they are good because you know you guys can dominate them and get the win together but somehow with professional sports we act like is terribly wrong and something you shouldn't think of doing.

kblo247
01-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Kobe is defending Melo because he tried to do the same thing after Shaq left......

Let me say first off that no one likes Shaq for any prolonged time. Kobe wasn't even the first Laker to butt heads with him and hasn't been the last star/coach/owner/fo personnel to do so.

Kobe tried to do the same three years later after he did not get the all star player he was promised by Jerry Buss himself to go next to him, LO, and Caron.

He also only went on that tirade after a leak (some say Jim Buss and some former Lakers say Magic) bashed him in the LA Times for not winning with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown.

Jim Buss did not want to put the product on the floor as promised to him and then that article set him off as Kobe knew who said it according to reports. That upcoming summer Jeanie Buss, Phil Jackson, and Mitch Kupchak would go on the radio and support Kobe against what would turn out to be Jimmy and say on AM570 that he wasted 3 years of his prime and used him as a "money tree" instead of to win.

Jerry Buss came back, flew to Barcelona and talked out things with Kobe. Jeanie Buss would later get the power to make basketball decisions as well as business ones and Mitch Kupchak would no longer have his trades for the likes of Carlos Boozer and Baron Davis to join Kobe and Lamar blocked.

With that new found freedom Mitch signed Fisher. La went into camp where Kobe apologized to all his teammates (especially Bynum who admits to having a long dinner with him) and coaches. He got booed when introduced in the first game of the year but would get MVP chants by the third quarter and play his *** off only for LA to be beat at the buzzer. Then LA would make a trade of Evans and Cook for Ariza and Bynum would move to the starting group. LA would get the best record in the west before Bynum got hurt, and that led to the Pau deal.

The rest is history, but in no way did Kobe simply just freak out about life without Shaq. He freaked out over Jim Buss bashing him in the papers after having a promise broken to him.

Get it right :eyebrow:

TylerSL
01-23-2011, 12:01 AM
They asked him about Brooklyn in the video. The article says New York but the actual full video interview outright asked him about BK

Melo reiterated what he said to the NBA TV crew about his extension

He will only sign an extension with a team that he feels can help him win a ring. He said it could be Denver or it could be another team after the Nuggets were the ones who openly said they would trade him this summer if he didn't extend with them.

He has also said he would play the year out in Denver and feels that they could win on NBA TV to Kamla and Smitty only if K-Mart and Birdman are healthy to establish their defensive identity and backbone.

-------

Denver had not given them permission to talk to Melo that Monday or Tuesday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/01/17/nets.permission.carmelo/index.html

David Aldridge said druing the MLK showcase that the Nuggets still had not made the call to the league offices to give NJ and Melo formal approval to talk under the CBA. He would have committed tampering if he talked with them and Proky even said Denver had delayed giving them peromission in hsi press conference so Melo like he said in the article you posted

------

I agree with the fact that are dumb for booing a guy who literally shut Kevin Durant down and schooled him on both ends. I agree with the fact it is dumb to boo him after he has them with yet another winning record after K-mart and Birdman missed most of the season and Billups/Nene/JR all started it off playing horribly. I also think it is dumb and down right classless to boo the guy in his first game back after his sister died.

Sooner or later they get that he was never the one who asked for a public trade. He was given an ultimatum by his own front office, has played through it, has helped his team win even though they aren't healthy for yet another year and didn't bring in any real help to offset the injuries again.

As for him wanting to go to NY full time you should also see where he outright said he never wants to play for a system like Dantoni's again because he knows from his own experience that it doesn't win. He wants to be part of a defensive team since that wins titles and not an offensive minded team.

1.Then he is going back forth, because he said before that "Wherever he goes, he will sign an extention". Not just a team that will help him win.
2.Thats not up to him, Denver can trade him to wherever they want....
3.Calling fans stupid to boo a guy who has another team as his #1 choice is crazy....
4.I love how you have Denver out as the bad guy when it is Melo who lied about pretty much everything...
5.Melo says he wants to go to New York. In the past, Melo multiple sources said Melo wants to be a Knick. This is what he said about the D'Antoni system http://basketball.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/70118/20101116/melo_talks_about_dantonis_system/
But to argue with me that he doesnt want to go to NY because of the system the coach runs after everything that has been brought out is crazy.

TylerSL
01-23-2011, 12:04 AM
And I understand your point and I should have went deeper in my post. My point behind the response is that you have to look at the situation. I mean ok a fan of such and such team would be pissed off but there has to be a general sense of understanding of why he said it's the ultimate dream. I've noticed us fans of sports take alot of things to heart and we jump on these athletes like they aren't human and they don't feel or think they same things we think.

For people playing ball seriously I'm sure every athlete including myself before I quit always dreamed of playing for my home team if I somehow made it pro and I'm sure many others have as well but we look at the guys who have made it with an unreal standard. I mean look at Lebron people don't like him because of the TV show and because he joined up with 2 other all stars. When you are out in the park on the court or whatever playing any team sport you always want to have a team with your friends especially if they are good because you know you guys can dominate them and get the win together but somehow with professional sports we act like is terribly wrong and something you shouldn't think of doing.

accually thats a very good post

TylerSL
01-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Let me say first off that no one likes Shaq for any prolonged time. Kobe wasn't even the first Laker to butt heads with him and hasn't been the last star/coach/owner/fo personnel to do so.

Kobe tried to do the same three years later after he did not get the all star player he was promised by Jerry Buss himself to go next to him, LO, and Caron.

He also only went on that tirade after a leak (some say Jim Buss and some former Lakers say Magic) bashed him in the LA Times for not winning with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown.

Jim Buss did not want to put the product on the floor as promised to him and then that article set him off as Kobe knew who said it according to reports. That upcoming summer Jeanie Buss, Phil Jackson, and Mitch Kupchak would go on the radio and support Kobe against what would turn out to be Jimmy and say on AM570 that he wasted 3 years of his prime and used him as a "money tree" instead of to win.

Jerry Buss came back, flew to Barcelona and talked out things with Kobe. Jeanie Buss would later get the power to make basketball decisions as well as business ones and Mitch Kupchak would no longer have his trades for the likes of Carlos Boozer and Baron Davis to join Kobe and Lamar blocked.

With that new found freedom Mitch signed Fisher. La went into camp where Kobe apologized to all his teammates (especially Bynum who admits to having a long dinner with him) and coaches. He got booed when introduced in the first game of the year but would get MVP chants by the third quarter and play his *** off only for LA to be beat at the buzzer. Then LA would make a trade of Evans and Cook for Ariza and Bynum would move to the starting group. LA would get the best record in the west before Bynum got hurt, and that led to the Pau deal.

The rest is history, but in no way did Kobe simply just freak out about life without Shaq. He freaked out over Jim Buss bashing him in the papers after having a promise broken to him.

ok maybe my post was a little harsh but, Wade had a crappy team for 3 years (06-07-09-10 seasons) of his prime but he never got mad about it. Just saying. Also I hate Shaq too, he left Miami bad as well. Yea Buss shouldnt have opened his mouth but Kobe trashed talked about people on that team with Smush Parker something Wade never did as well, just saying...

mrblisterdundee
01-23-2011, 12:25 AM

The only reason Cleveland fans didn't boo LeBron James was because he hid his intentions until "The Decision." If he had come out as an ******* from the get-go like Carmello Anthony, the fans would have booed him. I guess that's one thing good you can say about Anthony; he's not a coward about his decisions, like LeBron.

Anilyzer
01-23-2011, 12:30 AM
Look... fans in Denver STILL boo Kobe, all game long, because he was falsely accused by a crazy nympho groupie who had 3 different types of semen in her under and privates (but not Kobe's) during her physical exam. Who had a history of mental problems; who witnesses said saw her right after the alleged incident happy and cheerful, and allegedly bragging about sleeping with Kobe and sending text messages about it.

We never got to find out what those text messages said, or about the probably conspiracy with her "boyfriend" to get money from Kobe, because she gave up the (consensus: flimsy) case almost immediately.

But Denver fans STILL boo Kobe. What... I guess they're disappointed they didn't throw a basketball legend into a Colorado jail on the tainted word of a bipolar woman with a history of nymphomania and weird sex incidents.

Too bad Denver, sorry you're so upset that you couldn't jail Kobe. And too bad, Denver, that Carmelo doesn't want to sign an extension, and you can't figure out a way to trade him for five #1 draft picks. Too bad.

Too bad for your fans that you don't care about the rest of the season. Too bad that Carmelo obviously has no worth to you---only what you can trade him for. Too bad your franchise has no loyalty, and no shot at a title.

LoL that Kobe calls Denver fans idiots... I mean, they're going out and proving it on a nightly basis. What should we call them? Scholars? Wizards? What?

They BOO Carmelo after he drops 35 points in an epic win... look... they want Derrick Favors. Cheer for Derrick Favors or whatever...

or chant "we want Derrick, we want Derrick" *BOOOOO CARMELO*

seriously... fans like Denver's (and Cleveland's) make me just really enjoy stuff like Lebron's move to Miami and "the Decision."

Actually, if you haven't watched it in a while, try watching "the Decision" again. It's great. Seriously, it gets better every time you watch it. Like remember when Jim Rome would play that Fuzzy Zoeller clip about Tiger Woods over and over... and every time it got funnier?

Same thing with "The Decision." Just priceless. Every time you watch it, it gets better and better.

If I was Carmelo, I would announce that after the season I am going to have a show called "The Decision". Charge ESPN $2M for it... or just stream it on your website.

awesome

kblo247
01-23-2011, 01:19 AM
ok maybe my post was a little harsh but, Wade had a crappy team for 3 years (06-07-09-10 seasons) of his prime but he never got mad about it. Just saying. Also I hate Shaq too, he left Miami bad as well. Yea Buss shouldnt have opened his mouth but Kobe trashed talked about people on that team with Smush Parker something Wade never did as well, just saying...

Yeah, no problem really.

I know Wade had a bad team, but you have to admit that Riley at least had a vision. Jim turned down trades to put guys around Kobe and Lamar which directly differed from what Kobe was told to sign his new deal and for LO to reduce his trade kciker because by his own thought process "Smush and Kwame was enough to win with". That pissed me off as a fan and I'm sure it would piss you off for him to say that in public.

Kobe talked poorly about Smush (can't blame him as we both know) and to Bynum (was wrong on all accounts and apologized/explained himself to Andrew that same summer about how he needed to grow up and take getting better seriously like he had done as the 17 year old coming to LA before him for them to win). Kobe is no saint and he is one of those guys who admittedly is temperamental when he sees guys not taking basketball seriously (why he and Shaq fought). When the time came to play though he busted his *** and tried to win even after that demand and told reporters to not even ask him about it.

Sorry for being over zealous, but I just don't think it is right to boo a guy at all times and when they booed him after his sister died, that just took the cake. I still feel this Melo situation was handled poorly by the Denver FO, especially when you just compare it to CP3 who openly asked to be traded just this summer.

alexander_37
01-23-2011, 01:31 AM
I agree with OP. I still hate Kobe .

Sadds The Gr8
01-23-2011, 01:43 AM
Kobe's the idiot. Melo deserves to be booed.

magic0320
01-23-2011, 02:43 AM
maybe NBA just make new rule saying that you can't resign untill end of season so these waiting games never happens again

TylerSL
01-23-2011, 03:07 AM
Yeah, no problem really.

I know Wade had a bad team, but you have to admit that Riley at least had a vision. Jim turned down trades to put guys around Kobe and Lamar which directly differed from what Kobe was told to sign his new deal and for LO to reduce his trade kciker because by his own thought process "Smush and Kwame was enough to win with". That pissed me off as a fan and I'm sure it would piss you off for him to say that in public.

Kobe talked poorly about Smush (can't blame him as we both know) and to Bynum (was wrong on all accounts and apologized/explained himself to Andrew that same summer about how he needed to grow up and take getting better seriously like he had done as the 17 year old coming to LA before him for them to win). Kobe is no saint and he is one of those guys who admittedly is temperamental when he sees guys not taking basketball seriously (why he and Shaq fought). When the time came to play though he busted his *** and tried to win even after that demand and told reporters to not even ask him about it.

Sorry for being over zealous, but I just don't think it is right to boo a guy at all times and when they booed him after his sister died, that just took the cake. I still feel this Melo situation was handled poorly by the Denver FO, especially when you just compare it to CP3 who openly asked to be traded just this summer.

ok well yea the Heat didnt have a great roster and Riley had a vision and I think Heat fan knew that yea. LA didnt have a vision then so I cant say I know how it felt. Yea Smush was aweful and deserved it, and I wasnt aware that Kobe ever apologized to Bynum but I am glad he did. Sorry for being over zealous too, I can see where you are coming from about the FO handiling it poorly, but personally I would boo Melo too, but yea I wouldnt boo him after his sister died, that is a little much.

kblo247
01-23-2011, 04:04 AM
ok well yea the Heat didnt have a great roster and Riley had a vision and I think Heat fan knew that yea. LA didnt have a vision then so I cant say I know how it felt. Yea Smush was aweful and deserved it, and I wasnt aware that Kobe ever apologized to Bynum but I am glad he did. Sorry for being over zealous too, I can see where you are coming from about the FO handiling it poorly, but personally I would boo Melo too, but yea I wouldnt boo him after his sister died, that is a little much.

Yeah Bynum said they sat down at the camp in Hawaii and had dinner where they talked everything over about helping get there and his level of frustration about being too bad to win and too good to lose in the best years of his career. Farmar, Sasha, and Turiaf all said he sat down and talked with them as well. Jimmy is just the one he was on a war path for, and Mitch, Jeanie, and Phil came along with him at the time. It was just a mess all around.

I don't mind booing Melo but I think you have to be selective. When he is playing hard like versus OKC, don't boo him. When he is coming back after the death of his sister, don't boo him throughout the whole game. Boo him when he is slacking off, the team is losing, or even when he is introduced every day but not when he is winning and playing hard.

Hey, no one should ever have to suffer for Smush. Kobe got him for 2 years, you guys got him for a good while, and then LA got stuck with him again as a Clipper. I hope he stays in China for the rest of his life

No problems though between you and me :cheers:

JNA17
01-23-2011, 04:23 AM
What's the difference between stupid and idiot?

Anilyzer
01-23-2011, 05:07 AM
maybe NBA just make new rule saying that you can't resign untill end of season so these waiting games never happens again

Yeah... Denver probably realized since the middle of LAST season that this situation was inevitable -- Carmelo wasn't going to sign an extension in Denver, and they'd need to negotiate the best trade, cash in on Carmelo to rebuild their franchise.

they've tried to bully him a dozen ways, now they're just going down to the wire, keeping all the pressure on him, and they will no doubt just dump him in some tawdry last minute deal.

Carmelo probably just wishes he could go on vacation and wake up when his Denver experience is over.

LoL last week all the national media was reporting that a "Carmelo to NJ deal is imminent." I mean, how LoL is that? Some reporters are STILL saying that, not sure why... like yeah, the owner said no way, Carmelo said no way, Denver said talks are off... "but, maybe, possibly, somehow, near the trade deadline when things cool off/heat up, it may still happen, we may still be right", yeah, just absolute LoL

ko8e24
01-23-2011, 04:33 PM

:worthy: