PDA

View Full Version : What is Houston Supposed to do?

JasonJohnHorn
01-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Please don't move to Houston forum, lookin' to get views from fans league wide.

Its been almost a decade since the Rockets drafted Yao Ming. They tried the pick-and-roll with Francis (it actually worked well), then the McGrady experiment. Last year they tried to make some moves to set up positive growth this season, but all has been derailed by another season ending injury from Yao.

Yao has not played a full season with starting minutes (36+) EVER! So when is Houston going to give up on the Yao Ming experiment? What should the Rockets do?

Kevin Martin is a talented shooting guard that could help a playoff team become a contender, Shane Battier would be a great role player (defence and three's) on a contender (he's perfect for the Spurs, or even Magic), so they have pieces to bring in draft picks and young talent. And Brad Miller would look great in a Spurs or Dallas jersey, and would be a god send for Miami.

Do Houston fans, or fans in general, believe that Yao is worth doubling up on? Or do you think it is time for the Rockets to move on from this decade of disapointment and rebuild?

All this said, I want to give Rick Adlemen a big up, this guy has done a great job with an extremely limited roster, and also a big up to the Rockets players who put out 100% everynight and always put out their best performance.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Im not so sure I would give up on Yao just yet. If trading him would put them over the top and turn them into a contender that would be different but more than likely trading him would probably just turn them into a playoff 1st round exit team.

I think they have a logjam at different positions. They need to decide if Brooks is going to be their guy or not. If not he's a great trade chip. Same with the Hill/Budinger/Jeffries combo.

I think if they can make some sort of package and get back one really solid player and picks that would define their remaining players roles much better and make it easier to move forward.

abe_froman
01-21-2011, 05:49 PM
cut bait.yao is brilliant when healthy(and one of my personal favs),but probably has caused more harm than good to the franchise just because its impossible to built around him,since you cant rely on him being healthy enough to be there. the longer you bank a "healthy" yao as your plan,the longer it will take to be good

blow it up.tank and draft a franchise player(or or use all those assets that everyone use to praise you guys for having to nab a less injury prone star to build around)

flclfanman
01-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Please don't move to Houston forum, lookin' to get views from fans league wide.

Its been almost a decade since the Rockets drafted Yao Ming. They tried the pick-and-roll with Francis (it actually worked well), then the McGrady experiment. Last year they tried to make some moves to set up positive growth this season, but all has been derailed by another season ending injury from Yao.

Yao has not played a full season with starting minutes (36+) EVER! So when is Houston going to give up on the Yao Ming experiment? What should the Rockets do?

Kevin Martin is a talented shooting guard that could help a playoff team become a contender, Shane Battier would be a great role player (defence and three's) on a contender (he's perfect for the Spurs, or even Magic), so they have pieces to bring in draft picks and young talent. And Brad Miller would look great in a Spurs or Dallas jersey, and would be a god send for Miami.

Do Houston fans, or fans in general, believe that Yao is worth doubling up on? Or do you think it is time for the Rockets to move on from this decade of disapointment and rebuild?

All this said, I want to give Rick Adlemen a big up, this guy has done a great job with an extremely limited roster, and also a big up to the Rockets players who put out 100% everynight and always put out their best performance.

Well for starters you can trade Courtney Lee to my Bulls :whistle:

But in all seriousness, you have to find away to cut ties with Yao, guys dead at this point in my opinion.

John Walls Era
01-21-2011, 05:56 PM
3 Games Under or something... can still turn it around.

TheLaRagers
01-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Trade Yao's contract.

tdunk21
01-21-2011, 06:01 PM
should resign battier(very good defender)....use yao as trade bait to get a younger center....

Minimal
01-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Trade Aaron Brooks to Miami.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Trade Aaron Brooks to Miami.

for what:confused:

kris bush?

superkegger
01-21-2011, 06:06 PM
While it'd be a great story if Yao came back next year, revived his career and played a full season and helped the Rockets get to the playoffs, it's unlikely. There's no way around the fact that Yao's body hasn't held up, and you can't build your team around a gimp. You have to move on, and I think Morrey is too calculated to do otherwise. If Yao wants to stay in Houston on the cheap, Houston might keep him, but maybe Yao is offended by the fact they wanted to trade him. I don't know.

My guess is, someone on the West Coast will give him an offer. I've heard the Warriors are interested. And from a business standpoint, that's a homerun. Why would you not offer probably one of the biggest Chinese sports stars ever a contract when you have a decent sized asian population in your demographic? Plus, Yao is still hugely popular in China, his all-star votes are a testament to that.

From a basketball standpoint, he's probably close to done. From a business standpoint, he's still a valuable marketing tool, and someone will surely make him an offer on that basis.

MiKE-THE-FUTURE
01-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Yao gets healthy and comes to Okc ...Then Okc wins the championship :D

I can dream

tdunk21
01-21-2011, 06:11 PM
the thing am confused is....who is houston's franchise player now to build the team?

chitown4eva88
01-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Chicago will take Kevin Martin off your hands :D

WeAreClutch
01-21-2011, 06:15 PM
kick a s s

Flash3
01-21-2011, 06:18 PM
for what:confused:

kris bush?

kras bash >> aeron brokes

Crackadalic
01-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Tank to get my man Kyrie Irving trade brooks for iggy and find a way to draft a good center.

Irving
Martin
Iggy
Scola
C??
Dynasty

GeekInThePink
01-21-2011, 06:19 PM
The Raptors will gladly take Kev... right, nobody wants to play on our team.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-21-2011, 06:21 PM
the thing am confused is....who is houston's franchise player now to build the team?

K-mart

smith&wesson
01-21-2011, 06:54 PM
trade yao while you can and get some value back.

you have goo pieces, i would keep some of your younger talent while giving up some of your other older talent for assests to build around your young core group.

players i would keep and build around

Aaron brooks
kevin martin
luis scola
kyle lowry
courtney lee

players I would trade now and get some value back.

yao - should have traded him 2 years ago while his value was higher.
miller
battier
hayes

I would trade yao for a young center like brook lopez or marc gasol or somthing like that. get a good big man back for him while you still can. thats all your team really needs is a really good big man.. get a young one and develop him with the rest of the core.

Htownballa1622
01-21-2011, 07:04 PM
1.no we won't give up any point guards to miami.you have nothing we want.

2.no we won't Give up any shooting guards to chicago.you have noah but he's pretty much untouchable.

Hopefully morey can turn our "assests"into something with our nice young core.AND add a young center.

I wouldn't be against signing yao for cheap. I don't think iggy solves our problems. Granger would be nice but he's not on the market.

Maybe we get lucky with melo if not...free agency 2012 here we come.

210Don
01-21-2011, 07:05 PM
brad miller would be great in a spurs uni

BenFrank
01-21-2011, 07:11 PM
K-Mart isn't getting traded.. he's our best players..

3 players we have a good chance @ getting

Melo (we would trade for him without the extention)
Iggy (we have the piece's if philly wants to move him)
Granger (If Indy decide's to move him, we in good a position)

Were gonna trade Yao's contract before th deadline.. we have many trade exceptions, and expiring.. and draft picks

Houston is rebuilding 1 step@ a time.. it no need to give up all our good players just yet. but right now I think everyone is untouble except for Martin and Patterson (our rookie with amazing potential)..

Htownballa1622
01-21-2011, 07:11 PM
brad miller would be great in a spurs uni

You can have him.lol

Bra miller (no D) for tim duncan.ha. Jk

But for real he would be a nice addition to the already nice roster y'all have.

rhino17
01-21-2011, 07:19 PM
K-Mart isn't getting traded.. he's our best players.

If anyone is traded, it is Martin. He was brought to Houston to play next to Yao, which is now never going to happen. Having Martin as the best player on the team is not good.

And Yao will be traded but resigned next year

I think Morey gives it one more season before he blows it up. He will let the contracts of Shane, Jeffries, and Yao expire. that give them a lot of cap room. I think he will bring back Carl Landry and another good role player and then attempt to trade for a superstar, maybe Chris Paul. If it doesnt work out, he blows the team up

210Don
01-21-2011, 07:20 PM
You can have him.lol

Bra miller (no D) for tim duncan.ha. Jk

But for real he would be a nice addition to the already nice roster y'all have.
lol he gettin paid 4 mill no way lol wed have to give bonner and i wouldnt do it
just cause of salaries but please cut him and well prolly pick him up

TheDiggler
01-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Battier has value. He's a glue guy and good defender. Not sure if I would let him walk. But, contenders would be very interested in him. Trade Yao if someone makes a good package for him that would make sense for the Rockets future. Build a core with K-Mart, Scola, probably Brooks, Lowry and C-Lee and Jordan Hill. Trade away Miller (Battier) and Hayes maybe even in a package for good wing or big guy. Hope on a good draft ...

Htownballa1622
01-21-2011, 07:30 PM
lol he gettin paid 4 mill no way lol wed have to give bonner and i wouldnt do it
just cause of salaries but please cut him and well prolly pick him up

Haha yeah..i went to the spurs mavs game last friday and bonner surprised me with how quick he got his shot off.

As for brad..he fits our offense but is molasses slow and protects the rim about as good as me. ( I'm 5'11") I wonder what we'll do with him seeing a though he's signed for 3 years I think.

Htownballa1622
01-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Might sound crazy but I really don't want to let chuck hayes go.

rhino17
01-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Battier has value. He's a glue guy and good defender. Not sure if I would let him walk. But, contenders would be very interested in him. Trade Yao if someone makes a good package for him that would make sense for the Rockets future. Build a core with K-Mart, Scola, probably Brooks, Lowry and C-Lee and Jordan Hill. Trade away Miller (Battier) and Hayes maybe even in a package for good wing or big guy. Hope on a good draft ...
Hayes would be the last guy to be traded imo. He can play in any system at numerous position and is the smartest guy on the team. He's an elite defender who costs very little money to retain, I never see them letting him go.

Ty Fast
01-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Yao gets healthy and comes to Okc ...Then Okc wins the championship :D

I can dream

i heard blake griffin is going to go there. that is where he went to school and they have the cap room, but you are going to have to wait a few years.

Y2JOrdan
01-21-2011, 07:51 PM
get rid of yao and then we can go after granger

rhino17
01-21-2011, 07:57 PM
get rid of yao and then we can go after granger

and what would that do? Add another fringe all-star and still not fill the void of a superstar?