PDA

View Full Version : One more month before the trade deadline... and ideas?

JasonJohnHorn
01-21-2011, 12:02 PM
It seems a lot of teams are still trying to find their groove. Miami has a good record, but they aren't playing like champions. Orlando is lacking some help in the rebounding department, and while the Spurs, Lakers and Celtics all look like they are in position to make a run for a title, there are still some teams in the running, espcially considering teams like Phoenix, Detroit, Charlotte, Cleveland, Houston, and Toronto (and perhaps even Denver), are in dire need to get some pieces to build a future with and are looking to get rid of some contracts.

I'm going to throw out some names, and I'd like to hear who you all think would help put playoff team into contention, help a team rebuild, or help solidify a legit contender.

Rip Hamitlon: Pistons haven benched him, but he's still a 3-point threat, which could help spread the floor, and knows how to play team defence.

Tayshaun Prince: He has shut down McGrady, LBJ and Kobe in several playoffs series and could be a great role player for any contender willing to take on a contract.

Ben Wallace: A couple years ago, he looked like he was about out of steam, but since his return to Detroit, he has been rebounding well and playing great defence. It seems he wants to retire in Detroit, but if a contender (say Dalls or Portlant) wanted to make sure their center rotation was had a solid insurance policy (Hello Miami), Wallace would be a great fit.

Stephen Jackson: Great all around palyer, a bit of a drama King, but when he's under the right coach and has the proper influences aroudn him, he's among the best in the league at his position.

Yao Ming: He's out for the season, and his expiring contract looks pretty right now! Will stay in Houston? Head to NY? Should the Rockets finally give up, or keep trying. I'm sure they could pry some draft picks and prospects away from a few teams.

shane Battier: Great team player, great defender. Would be a great fit in SA I think, or just about any team who was a wing defender that can spread the floor.

Jose Calderon: Not the greatest defender, but he's a great FT shooter, and 3P shooter, amazing passer and could help spread the floor for teams like LA or SA, and under solid coach I think he could learn to play solid team D.

Grant Hill: a vetern who has never won a ring and still has some game. Great team player, great fundamental player, and a perfect fit for any contender looking to add depth.

Vince Carter: Still a great scorer, and a great option to have on the floor if you have a guy that can draw a double team. Plus he's knows how to pass the rock and can crash the boards pretty well for his position and age.

Nash: I'm not sure if Nash would even fit with any current contender outside of perhaps Dallas (I'd love to see him and Kidd split minutes alongside the roster Dallas has right now). But he's a unique talent that could offer a little something to a lot of teams.

Antwan Jamison: Last year the Cavs pushed for Jamison when they should have been looking for a SG with 3P range. Now that the team has imploded, it seems they should be looking for another contender willing to take on his contract in exchange for some draft picks, and perhaps an expiring contract. The Cavs are going to need money and young talent to rebuild, and moving Jamison could help them on both fronts.

Any thoughts about where you all think you'd like to see some of these guys (or others) by the trade deadline?

mikantsass
01-21-2011, 12:18 PM
I think everyone with an expiring will try to be moved. Seems like that is the case every year.

I would also anticipate that Philly will try to move Iggy and/or Brand

Niro
01-21-2011, 12:21 PM
warriors have to use their exp. and should target wallace,granger or iggy
a bigger need would be a big body down low but i cant think of one we could realistically get

Chronz
01-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Tmac and Prince?

Expiring contracts for veteran players who have proven they could still play

MiKE-THE-FUTURE
01-21-2011, 01:21 PM
I think adding Vince Carter on Okc would help..He can give us a vet experience.

The only bad part is how would he fit in with the team...

We gotta wait and see

beasted86
01-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Miami is probably not making any trades. They will look forward to the buyout/waiver deadline in March though.

Some guys they could use might shake free (ex: Kenyon Martin).

Y2JOrdan
01-21-2011, 01:35 PM
:pray: Granger to Houston!

Lake_Show2416
01-21-2011, 01:55 PM
I just wanna wake up to some big news... At least one blockbuster trade by the deadline

Cuz it's been boring since the Xmas gift from the griZ to the lakers

gbrl
01-21-2011, 02:16 PM
dunleavy ford foster all serviceable players with expiring contracts

mark1125
01-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Would be shocked if a contender doesn't go after Prince. Expiring deal, solid defensively, and adequate on offense.

Hoopsadvocate
01-21-2011, 02:27 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=47vx4ku

WIN!

get on phx, atl, and memphis

Shkelqim
01-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Nash will be moved. I hope Iggy and Brand are too. Just so my 76ers can continue to build off the great young core they have!

JDink24
01-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Nash will be moved. I hope Iggy and Brand are too. Just so my 76ers can continue to build off the great young core they have!

This

Though our young core isnít that great. Jrue is amazing but the verdicts still out on everybody else.

AddiX
01-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Would be shocked if a contender doesn't go after Prince. Expiring deal, solid defensively, and adequate on offense.

I agree, I just don't think Detroit is in the position to take on any contracts. Those deals for Gordon and Charlie really set them back.

Minimal
01-21-2011, 02:52 PM
1. Joel Anthony & Eddie House for Marc Gasol:pray:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4859qry

2. Washington buyouts Kirk Hinrich and Miami signs him.

PG - Kirk Hinrich
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - LeBron James
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Marc Gasol

fadedmario
01-21-2011, 02:53 PM
I agree, I just don't think Detroit is in the position to take on any contracts. Those deals for Gordon and Charlie really set them back.

No they didn't. Our pending sale is reported to be the reason for not being more flexible with trades.

SteBO
01-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Joel Anthony & Eddie House for Marc Gasol:pray:

They traded Pau Gasol for Kwame Brwon and Javaris Crittenton, so this is possible. :laugh2:

Thegame187
01-21-2011, 04:00 PM
No they didn't. Our pending sale is reported to be the reason for not being more flexible with trades.

It has been reported that the nets are no longer interested in Melo

superkegger
01-21-2011, 04:11 PM
While it won't happen, Mitch Kupchak swoons in and pulls off another blockbuster, trades Bynum along with some combo of Barnes/Brown/Ratliff/Ebanks/Caracter along with cash for Melo and Al Harrington. The Lakers aren't happy about taking on Al Harrington, but for Melo, they think it's worth it. Not gonna happen, but it would be interesting none the less.

rocketman101
01-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Glen davis to houston... Soundfs funny I know.. But he is an expample of what houston needs. Rondo and brooks
Together, boston should be happy with that. I'm really just dreaming right now. But davis contract is expiring houston
Could sign him easily knowing he's worth 3 million.. And rocckets have 5 million plus an exception of 6 mill.

Ezio
01-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Taj + pick for Mayo :drool:

WizFan3
01-21-2011, 04:33 PM
wizards get rid of hinrich and blatche

JasonJohnHorn
01-21-2011, 05:30 PM
The Pistons could always send Denver Stuckey for Billups and then bring sheed out of retirement... one more run from the 04 Pistons!

Seriously though, I do want to see Ben retire with Detroit, but it would also be nice to see him have one more run coming off the bench for the Spurs, or Dallas... or even the Lakers, though it would be weird to see him in a Lakers uniform.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Iggy absolutely has to go. He's underachieving and they need to make room for Turner to grow. Clippers would be the perfect landing spot for him. They're weak at the 3 and have a young athletic team where his game could flourish. Send Kaman to Philly and give them a solid frontcourt of Brand/Kaman.

superkegger
01-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Taj + pick for Mayo :drool:

Not gonna happen, with the injuries to the Bulls front line, they need to keep Taj. Kurt Thomas has been good for them, but he's like 62 years old, and you just don't know how long he can hold up. If they trade Taj for Mayo, and boozer or noah misses playoff time, they'd get killed inside.

superkegger
01-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Iggy absolutely has to go. He's underachieving and they need to make room for Turner to grow. Clippers would be the perfect landing spot for him. They're weak at the 3 and have a young athletic team where his game could flourish. Send Kaman to Philly and give them a solid frontcourt of Brand/Kaman.

Iggy is going to be a tough sell to anyone. He's overpaid and Philly can't just give him away. So you have to be willing to pay Iggy, and give up what it takes to get him. I really don't know if anyone is willing to do that for a guy who's going to make upwards of 13 million per year the next 3 years.