COY - Greg Popovich
ROY - Blake Griffin
6th Man - Lamar Odom
DPOY - Tyson Chandler
MIP - Kevin Love

What are your picks?

Corey
01-20-2011, 09:20 PM
I agree with most of the OPs picks, actually.

I might switch Thibs in as Coach, though. He's done a great job with a myriad of injuries in Chicago. Everyone sort of expected Boston to be a top team, so Doc hasn't exceeded many expectations.

kblo247
01-20-2011, 09:22 PM
I gave it to Doc because of the injuries to their centers and Rondo.

HoopsDrive
01-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Thibodeau in place of Rivers and I might think twice on that Manu pick. Otherwise, OP choices look on point.

cargobox
01-20-2011, 09:29 PM
looks good... but Manu? I'm kinda iffy

kblo247
01-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Manu has played the best on the Spurs. He may not be their best player overall, but he right now is playing the best and helped them get the record they have. It is either him or Tony Parker when it comes to the Spurs since no one expected them to be this good at this point of the season.

DJakk
01-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Probably a Spurs fan. Manu has played great but not MVP status. Russell Westbrook is even over Manu.

kblo247
01-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Probably a Spurs fan. Manu has played great but not MVP status. Russell Westbrook is even over Manu.

I have never been called something so dirty :mad: (I respect them though)

Hawkeye15
01-20-2011, 09:39 PM
OP's picks are perfect imo.

ManRam
01-20-2011, 09:41 PM
I have no problems with Manu being the West MVP. Best player on the best team. He's having a great year...and is the best defender among the West MVP contenders. Dirk has missed too much time, Kobe isn't worthy right now, Russy and Durant steal votes...I really like Manu right now. They're exceeding everyone's expectations right now. LA isn't doing that, OKC isn't doing that, Dallas isn't doing that...

Corey
01-20-2011, 09:41 PM
What about DeShawn Stevenson for MIP consideration?

Raps08-09 Champ
01-20-2011, 09:44 PM
East
MVP -1. Amare Stoudamire, 2. Derrick Rose, 3. Lebron James
COY - 1. Tim Thibodeau, 2. Doc Rivers, 3. Mike D'Antoni
ROY - 1. Landry Fields, 2. John Wall
6th Man - 1. Jamal Crawford, 2. Glen 'Big Baby' Davis, 3. Leandro Barbosa
DPOY - 1. Dwight Howard, 2. Josh Smith, 3. Rajon Rondo
MIP - 1. Raymond Felton, 2. Nick Young, 3. Demar Derozan

West
MVP - 1. Manu Ginobili, 2. Chris Paul, 3. Kevin Durant
COY - 1. Greg Popovich, 2. Phil Jackson, 3. Jerry Sloan
ROY - 1. Blake Griffin, 2. DeMarcus Cousins
6th Man - 1. Jason Terry, 2. No one else really
DPOY - 1. Tyson Chandler, 2. Chris Paul
MIP - 1. Kevin Love, 2. Russell Westbrook, 3. Eric Gordon

I didn't include Lamar at 6th man because he's been a starter for the 1st half of the season.

Hoopsadvocate
01-20-2011, 09:49 PM
East

MVP - Lebron James (tough decision but hes the best player avg the best stats on the team with the 2nd best record in the east and no individual celtic really screams mvp if not id give it to one of them.
COY - Thibs (Dealing with the injuries and having them play good d and getting them to be competitive in the top part of the east standings)
ROY - Landry Fields ( self explanatory)
6th Man - big baby (guy has stepped up playing both center and pf during the all the celtic big men injuries and has made it look like they havent lost a step with him in the lineup)
DPOY - Dwight Howard (lebrons a close 2nd i never realized how great a defensive leader he is till this season but dwights impact at the rim impacts a bit more of the game)
MIP - Nick Young

West

MVP - Dirk (the mass slipped big time w/o him shows how important he is to their success regardless of their depth)
COY - Greg Popovich (best coach in the league hands down imo and its been that way for a while)
ROY - Blake Griffin (best rookie season since lebron and shouold be league ROY)
6th Man - Lamar Odom (he will/should win league MIP)
DPOY - Tyson Chandler (well deserved)
MIP - Dorell Wright (k love imp but not like this guy did)

abbydarren
01-20-2011, 09:50 PM
East

MVP= Amare Stoudemire
COY= Eric Spolstra
ROY= John Wall
MIP= Luol Deng

West

MVP= Deron Williams
COY=Greg Popovich
ROY= Blake Griffin
MIP= Kevin Love

MiamiWadeCounty
01-20-2011, 09:51 PM
East
MVP -1. Amare Stoudamire, 2. Derrick Rose, 3. Lebron James
COY - 1. Tim Thibodeau, 2. Doc Rivers, 3. Mike D'Antoni
ROY - 1. Landry Fields, 2. John Wall
6th Man - 1. Jamal Crawford, 2. Leandro Barbosa
DPOY - 1. Dwight Howard, 2. Josh Smith, 3. Rajon Rondo
MIP - 1. Raymond Felton, 2. Nick Young, 3. Demar Derozan

West
MVP - 1. Manu Ginobili, 2. Chris Paul, 3. Kevin Durant
COY - 1. Greg Popovich, 2. Phil Jackson, 3. Jerry Sloan
ROY - 1. Blake Griffin, 2. DeMarcus Cousins
6th Man - 1. Jason Terry, 2. No one else really
DPOY - 1. Tyson Chandler, 2. Chris Paul
MIP - 1. Kevin Love, 2. Russell Westbrook, 3. Eric Gordon

I didn't include Lamar at 6th man because he's been a starter for the 1st half of the season.

I agree with pretty much everything except I like CP3 over Manu andLebron over Rose although I think STAT over lbj and rose is fair.

kblo247
01-20-2011, 09:55 PM
I like the Big Baby pick because he has played damn well and I overlooked him.

I also overlooked Wright which is a shame on my part, but I do still give Love more credit for his rebounding numbers and basically erasing what Jefferson did on Minny.

Rose, Rondo, Amare and LeBron were the debate for me, but I chose Rose because of the Bulls record with Noah and Boozer missing so much of the year, and them still having no quality SG on the roster.

As for Dirk, I couldn't give it to him because of the amount of games he missed. I realize the fall off of Dallas after his injury but I just couldn't give it to him after missing so many game and the way the Spurs are playing with the focus on Parker and Ginobili to start the year.

ManRam
01-20-2011, 10:07 PM
What about DeShawn Stevenson for MIP consideration?

Considering I've always considered him to be one of the 5 worst players in the NBA (at least for the least 3 or so years)...I definitely think that's a great pick.

He hasn't been getting the minutes he needs to win the award, however. We're talking about a guy who has shot well under 40% for the last 3 years....

beasted86
01-20-2011, 10:13 PM
East

MVP= Dwyane Wade/LeBron James
COY= Doc Rivers
ROY= John Wall
MIP= Raymond Felton

West

MVP= Dirk Nowitzki
COY=Greg Popovich
ROY= Blake Griffin
MIP= Kevin Love

MiKE-THE-FUTURE
01-20-2011, 10:19 PM
As a MIP, I say Westbrook or Love
DOP, Howard
Coach, Bulls coach(Can't spell out his name )
6man, Terry or Odom
MVP, Kevin Durant( leading the lead in points again...and 3rd in the west )

Ino its conference, but at the moment I say at the end this is how it would be

And ROY, Well That's pretty easy...What's his name .....
BLAKE GRIFFIN :)

Raph12
01-21-2011, 01:56 AM
John Wall over Landry Fields any day of the week...

hgtiger32
01-21-2011, 02:17 AM
MIP in West- possibly Wes Matthews?

flclfanman
01-21-2011, 05:14 AM
East

MVP- Derrick Rose
COY-Tom Thibadeaux
ROY- John Wall/Landry Fields
6th Man- J. Crawford/Arenas (if he keeps his play up)
MIP- Luol Deng/Raymond Felton

West

MVP-Dirk/Ginboli
COY- Popovich
ROY-Blake Griffin
6th Man- Lamar Odom
MIP- Darko Millichic :laugh:

Bravo95
01-21-2011, 09:19 AM
East:
MVP Rose
COY Rivers
ROY Wall
6th Crawford
DPY Howard
MIP Felton

West:
MVP Ginobili
COY Pop
ROY Griffin
6th Odom
DPY Chandler
MIP Love

~Iggy~
01-21-2011, 09:33 AM
MVP: LeBron James (Russell Westbrook in the West)
COY: Gregg Popovich (Doc Rivers in the East)
ROY: Blake Griffin (John Wall in the East)
6th: Jamal Crawford (Jason Terry in the West)
DPY: Dwight Howard (Tyson Chandler in the West)
MIP: Kevin Love (Raymond Felton in the East)

JordansBulls
01-21-2011, 09:35 AM
I saw this on NBA TV and thought we should give it a try

East

MVP - Derrick Rose
COY - Doc Rivers
ROY - Landry Fields
6th Man - Jamal Crawford
DPOY - Dwight Howard
MIP - Nick Young

West

MVP - Manu Ginobili
COY - Greg Popovich
ROY - Blake Griffin
6th Man - Lamar Odom
DPOY - Tyson Chandler
MIP - Kevin Love

What are your picks?

Agreed with your picks.

SteBO
01-21-2011, 09:40 AM
MVP: Derrick Rose/Dirk
COY: Gregg Popovich/Doc Rivers
ROY: Blake Griffin (east in this case doesn't matter)
6th man: Jason Terry/Lamar Odom
DPY: Dwight Howard/Tyson Chandler
MIP: Raymond Felton/Kevin Love

nolin
01-21-2011, 09:45 AM
East

MVP= Amare Stoudemire
COY= Eric Spolstra
ROY= John Wall
MIP= Luol Deng
West

MVP= Deron Williams
COY=Greg Popovich
ROY= Blake Griffin
MIP= Kevin Love

big fail hard to take what your writing seriously. wall over fields? Deng mip? hes had better seasons. spolstra? not going to comment

Minimal
01-21-2011, 09:47 AM
East

* MVP - LeBron James

* COY - Tom Thibodeau

* ROY - John Wall

* 6th Man - Jamal Crawford

* DPOY - Kevin Garnett

* MIP - Nick Young

West

* MVP - Russell Westbrook

* COY - Greg Popovich

* ROY - Blake Griffin

* 6th Man - Jason Terry

* DPOY - Tyson Chandler

* MIP - Kevin Love

JasonJohnHorn
01-21-2011, 12:22 PM
I like that you went on a limb and picked some unconventional choices, though I'd like to hear your reasoning for some of them.

EAST:
COY: Doc (nuff sed)
MVP: Rose or Howard, too close to call... Rondo get consideration, but that is a true team effort in Boston, and Howard has been holding it together for the Magic, while Rose has really stepped up and helped push the Bulls up, scoring, passing the rock and playing great D.
ROY: Wall. Feilds has been the surprise of the draft, but Wall is clearly the better player. Already among the league leaders in assists, a solid scorer, and while it is all in a losing effort, his game is still impressive.
DPOY: Rondo. Howard gets love of course, but its time we show some respect to the perimiter defenders. Gusy in the post are important, but sometimes the chessmatch is going on at the point, and Rondo is just amazing on D this year (as he was last year)!
6th man: Haslem. I am not a Miami fan, and I realize he's been injured, but to me there has just not been a presence coming off the bench in the east that was as important as Haslem. He was outrebounding everybody on the team and giving the Heat's front court everything it was lacking.
MIP: Rose. It may seem like an odd pick, and his numbers havent increased as significantly as some bench guys who have crack a rotation, but serisouly, they guy was a borderline all-star last year and is an MVP candidate this year. That is HUGE improvement!

WEST:
COY: Pop (nuff said)
MVP: Pau Gasol (the Spurs, like the Celtics, are a team effort, so it hard to select a player from that team). As the season wears on, Pau's interior passing, inside/outside game, crucial role in the trianlge, defence in the post and rebounding have all been hugely under-rated assests for the Lakers success. CP3, Kobe, D-Will all get a nodd from me. The Thunder's success seems to be shared equally between Durant and Westbrook...so its hard to pick a guy there.
ROY: I'd have to give it to this kid Blake Griffin, I dont know if any of you have heard of him, he seems to be flying under the radar, being as how he plays for the Clippers and all, but you should try to catch him in action, he occassionly throws down a pretty swet dunk. Seriously, though it doesnt need to be said, he cna score like mad it all different kinds of ways, rebound like a king and the kid can pass the ball, and he is just disgustingly amazing on the fast break. CRAZY!!!
DPOY: Its hard in the west. Duncan still players amazing D, as does Gasol (who is grossly underrated as a defender in my book) and D-Will and CP3 have been baking carrot biscuits at the point, putting the fence in defence to keep the squirls out!
6th Man: Odom
MIP: Westbrook. It might not seem like dramatic number changes, but its clear that on the floor the guy is just improved so much over the summer.

Chronz
01-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Rose over Bron, Dwight and Wade? For what ?

Manu over Kobe, Dirk? For what?

mikantsass
01-21-2011, 01:51 PM
East

MVP - Amare/Lebron
COY - Tom Thibs
ROY - Landry Fields
6th Man - Glen Davis
DPOY - Dwight Howard
MIP - DJ Augustine

West

MVP - Manu/Deron
COY - Greg Popovich
ROY - Blake Griffin
6th Man - Jason Terry
DPOY - Tyson Chandler
MIP - Kevin Love i guess

LayZbone
01-21-2011, 02:02 PM
East
MVP - Lebron/Wade
COY - Tom Thibbs
ROY - Landry Fields
6th Man - Jamal Crawford
DPOY - Dwight Howard
MIP - Raymond Felton

West
MVP - Dirk Nowitzki
COY - Greg Popovich
ROY - Blake Griffin
6th Man - Lamar Odom
DPOY - Tyson Chandler
MIP - Kevin Love

Ebbs
01-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Dirk for MVP in west in my mind.

Mr.Chi-Town
01-21-2011, 02:18 PM
East

MVP - Derrick Rose
COY - Tom Thibodeau
ROY - Landry Fields
6th Man - Jamal Crawford
DPOY - Dwight Howard
MIP - Raymond Felton

West

MVP - Manu Ginobili
COY - Greg Popovich
ROY - Blake Griffin
6th Man - Jason Terry(Odom started the first half of the season)
DPOY - Tyson Chandler
MIP - Kevin Love

king4day
01-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Is Manu really having that good a year? What are his #'s?

Kashmir13579
01-21-2011, 03:54 PM
everyone is still picking Amar'e when his numbers are taking a dip and Knicks have lost 4 in a row??

abe_froman
01-21-2011, 03:57 PM
everyone is still picking Amar'e when his numbers are taking a dip and Knicks have lost 4 in a row??

i think its because without him it would be more like 14 in a row.you guys have been better than you have for nearly a decade and its due in large part to him.so i can picking him...with that said it wont translate to actual votes for mvp

Redbull
01-21-2011, 04:22 PM
I like them all besides Thibs should get COY, with Noah and Boozer missing alot of time there is no way this team should be 29-14. Thibs has them playing very hard and top notch defense.

Cool007
01-21-2011, 04:38 PM
MVP: Rose/Kobe

Explanation: Rose leading Bulls to a Top-5 Team in the NBA even with injuries to their 2nd and 3rd best player. Kobe coz Dirk and Mavs have fallen.

COY: Thibs/Pop

Explanation: Thibs turned Bulls into a #1 defensive team - even with guys in and out - especially Noah. And Exceeding expectations to be top 5 in the NBA. Pop? No need explaining.

ROY: Wall/Blake.

Explanation: If Wall continues missing the games then Fields. Blake no need to explain.

DPOY: Dwight/Chandler

Explanation: No need.

MIP: Rose/Love

Explanation: Yes, Rose. He has improved in PPG/RPG/APG/FT%/3pt%/SPG/BPG - virtually every single major category. Love? no explanation needed.

Ovratd1up
01-21-2011, 04:55 PM
MVP - Lebron/Paul
COY - Thibs/Pops
ROY - Fields/Griffin
DPOY - Dwight/Tyson

abe_froman
01-21-2011, 05:10 PM
mvp east:rose
coy east:thibs
roy: fields
dpoy:howard
mip: felton
6th man: crawford

west:
mvp: manu(best player on best team)
coy: pops
roy: blake
mip: tyson chandler(he was brought in to be the backup,hasnt been good for two years...and love was already a beast)
dpoy: tyson
6th man: odom

Bruno
01-21-2011, 05:12 PM

haha, what? His username is KBLO247.
Westbrook has been good but he hasn't been better than Ginobli.

I saw this on NBA TV and thought we should give it a try

East

MVP - Derrick Rose
COY - Doc Rivers
ROY - Landry Fields
6th Man - Jamal Crawford
DPOY - Dwight Howard
MIP - Nick Young

West

MVP - Manu Ginobili
COY - Greg Popovich
ROY - Blake Griffin
6th Man - Lamar Odom
DPOY - Tyson Chandler
MIP - Kevin Love

What are your picks?

This looks pretty solid. I'd probably put Paul as the West MVP though. He's leading in PER and WS and his team who have no business being in the playoffs in a stacked WC are quietly in 6th place, only 3.5 games behind the Lakers.

EDIT: Paul has been passed by James in PER, as of 1/20/11.

1. James-25.8
2. Paul- 25.5
3. Wade- 25.4
4. Bryant- 24.6
5. Dirk 24.4

Bruno
01-21-2011, 05:16 PM
I think that the MVP race is between Paul, Rose, Ginobli, James, Wade, Bryant, and Amare. I could see any of these guys winning MVP depending on how the rest of the season plays out. If Dirk can keep the Mavs up on top without Butler, he also deserves consideration. But the voters will never give Dirk a second MVP, IMO.

footballer2369
01-21-2011, 05:17 PM

Explanation: Rose leading Bulls to a Top-5 Team in the NBA even with injuries to their 2nd and 3rd best player. Kobe coz Dirk and Mavs have fallen.

Explanation: Thibs turned Bulls into a #1 defensive team - even with guys in and out - especially Noah. And Exceeding expectations to be top 5 in the NBA. Pop? No need explaining.

Explanation: If Wall continues missing the games then Fields. Blake no need to explain.

Explanation: Yes, Rose. He has improved in PPG/RPG/APG/FT%/3pt%/SPG/BPG - virtually every single major category. Love? no explanation needed.

So basically, you think the 3rd seed in the Eastern Conference should have the MVP, COY and MIP?

Sadds The Gr8
01-21-2011, 05:30 PM
East:

MVP - Rose
COY - Doc
ROY - Fields
6th Man - Crawford
DPOY - Howard
MIP - Felton

West
MVP - Ginobili
COY - Mcmillan
ROY - Griffin
6th Man - George Hill
DPOY - Chandler
MIP - Kevin Love

Avenged
01-21-2011, 05:30 PM
I think that the MVP race is between Paul, Rose, Ginobli, James, Wade, Bryant, and Amare. I could see any of these guys winning MVP depending on how the rest of the season plays out. If Dirk can keep the Mavs up on top without Butler, he also deserves consideration. But the voters will never give Dirk a second MVP, IMO.

I cannot picture Dirk having 2 MVPs while other greats haven't had more than 1.. But still, that shouldn't be a reason to not give it to him. If he deserves it, he will get it. If it wasn't for him getting injured, Dirk would most likely be at the top of the list.

Sadds The Gr8
01-21-2011, 05:31 PM
East

MVP - Derrick Rose
COY - Tom Thibodeau
ROY - Landry Fields
6th Man - Jamal Crawford
DPOY - Dwight Howard
MIP - Raymond Felton

West

MVP - Manu Ginobili
COY - Greg Popovich
ROY - Blake Griffin
6th Man - Jason Terry(Odom started the first half of the season)
DPOY - Tyson Chandler
MIP - Kevin Love

Terry started alot of games this year too. That's why he's not in my list.

I like that you went on a limb and picked some unconventional choices, though I'd like to hear your reasoning for some of them.

EAST:

6th Man: Odom

lol fail

abe_froman
01-21-2011, 05:36 PM
I cannot picture Dirk having 2 MVPs while other greats haven't had more than 1.. But still, that shouldn't be a reason to not give it to him. If he deserves it, he will get it. If it wasn't for him getting injured, Dirk would most likely be at the top of the list.

well he is one of the best pf's of all time,i'd have no problem with him having 2.but he's right dirk probably wont just because they regretted it last time

chicago lulz
01-21-2011, 05:39 PM

For MVP...it's not like people ARE NOT picking Lebron/Wade, Dwight. They're all in the talks for MVP

I don't know about Manu because I haven't watched him this year and don't know his numbers.

Cool007
01-21-2011, 06:25 PM

So basically, you think the 3rd seed in the Eastern Conference should have the MVP, COY and MIP?

That's just the East.

IF we are looking at the end of the season final predictions then.

MVP = Rose
COY = Pop
DPOY = Dwight
6MOY = Terry (if they pick it up)
MIP = Love

Bruno
01-21-2011, 07:18 PM

Oh, I agree. I'd just bet that the voters won't give him #2. Especially with this kind of competition.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2011, 07:43 PM
East
MVP = Rose
COY = Doc
DPOY = Dwight
6MOY = Crawford
MIP = Felton
ROY= Wall

West
MVP = Dirk
COY = Pop
DPOY = Chandler
6MOY = Odom
MIP = Eric Gordon
ROY= Griffin

Overall
MVP= Rose
COY= Pop
DPOY= Dwight
6MOY= Crawford
MIP= Felton
ROY= Griffin

footballer2369
01-21-2011, 08:13 PM
That's just the East.

Still. How can the 3rd best team in the East have the MVP and the COY (for the East)?

nitric
01-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Still. How can the 3rd best team in the East have the MVP and the COY (for the East)?

We're 1 game behind the Heat for the #2 spot and haven't been healthy all season. Heck we've been playing without Boozer and Noah for the past week ;)

kblo247
01-21-2011, 09:48 PM

Rose because of the fact the Bulls wouldn't have the record they have without their second and third best players basically for a whole season without him.

Manu because he is the driving force and main reason the Spurs have the best record in the league.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2011, 09:52 PM

this kind of thinking is why trying to evaluate short term play is flawed. Will Amare be the MVP by the end of the season? I highly doubt it. LeBron will continue his upward trend, and probably be the east MVP, and Dwight as usual will be there. But Amare has had a great first half. But his team's schedule now gets tougher, so the Knicks will probably lose a fair amount of games, taking him out of the picture

Chronz
01-21-2011, 10:20 PM
For MVP...it's not like people ARE NOT picking Lebron/Wade, Dwight. They're all in the talks for MVP

I don't know about Manu because I haven't watched him this year and don't know his numbers.
I know its for the MVP, but how do you justify taking someone with both inferior #'s and an inferior record?

Chronz
01-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Rose because of the fact the Bulls wouldn't have the record they have without their second and third best players basically for a whole season without him.
You could say the same thing about any team without their star. How does this distinguish him in any way? If hes a lesser player putting up lesser stats on a team with less wins, how does that make him more valuable than the guy who has a larger stake in his teams higher level of play. Its almost as if your rewarding him the MVP for circumstances beyond anyones control. Why not focus on the things the players do control, like their own impact?

Manu because he is the driving force and main reason the Spurs have the best record in the league.

But hasnt Kobe been a bigger reason for the Lakers having the 2 seed?

kblo247
01-21-2011, 11:29 PM
You could say the same thing about any team without their star. How does this distinguish him in any way? If hes a lesser player putting up lesser stats on a team with less wins, how does that make him more valuable than the guy who has a larger stake in his teams higher level of play. Its almost as if your rewarding him the MVP for circumstances beyond anyones control. Why not focus on the things the players do control, like their own impact?

But hasnt Kobe been a bigger reason for the Lakers having the 2 seed?

The only problem with your critique of me rewarding Rose is that Nash was given a MVP for basically the same reason "circumstances beyond his control ~ Amare going down". Much like Nash, Rose's impact is the difference between the Bulls being below Orlando and ATL instead of a 1/2 game behind Miami for the 2nd seed. He has carried the scoring and playmaking role of that team all year with no one to lean on like Lebron and Wade have one another, and unlike Rondo he hasn't missed as many games.

I love Kobe, but he had a below Kobe level November. His December and January has been very good (what I expect from him) and he has been the best player on the team since Pau came back to Earth after the first month of the season. I have to hold that slow start partially against him and give Manu his credit for the Spurs success. To be honest with you, the only Laker that has exceeded my expectations and been consistently good from day one to now is Odom, which I never expected

Chronz
01-22-2011, 10:36 PM
The only problem with your critique of me rewarding Rose is that Nash was given a MVP for basically the same reason "circumstances beyond his control ~ Amare going down".
So the defense of your bad choice is to point out another bad choice? How does that make sense? Though Nash did win it in part because for that reason, I do remember people talking about him winning it because he had an even better year than his MVP year.

Much like Nash, Rose's impact is the difference between the Bulls being below Orlando and ATL instead of a 1/2 game behind Miami for the 2nd seed.
Agreed but again, his impact is not at Brons level and his team isnt any better. To me thats about as easy as it gets when discussing 2 MVP candidates.

He has carried the scoring and playmaking role of that team all year with no one to lean on like Lebron and Wade have one another, and unlike Rondo he hasn't missed as many games.

Rondo? Whats he got to do with anything he shouldnt even be considered. Both Bron and Wade are better candidates than Rose.

I love Kobe, but he had a below Kobe level November. His December and January has been very good (what I expect from him) and he has been the best player on the team since Pau came back to Earth after the first month of the season. I have to hold that slow start partially against him and give Manu his credit for the Spurs success. To be honest with you, the only Laker that has exceeded my expectations and been consistently good from day one to now is Odom, which I never expected

I still think what you call a slow start is still better than a hot start for Manu, besides whats a slow start got to do with anything when hes already more than made up for it?