PDA

View Full Version : Kobe speaks on Melo situation and throws jab at Smush Parker

kblo247
01-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Reporter: Thoughts on some of the Nuggets fans booing Carmelo.

Kobe: Itís hard to trade him, so maybe he wonít be traded, who knows. But youíve got to show support. Heís still playing hard. Put yourself in his shoes. If youíre teeter-tottering about going somewhere, youíd be more inclined to go somewhere where theyíll cheer you.

Reporter: What about Denver-born, Denver-raised fans Ė if your favorite player doesnít want to be on your team anymore Ö

Kobe: Oh please. Donít give me that (expletive). My first game back when I demanded a trade, they booed the first game and didnít boo the rest of the way.

Reporter: Why did they stop?

Kobe: Fans understood that I was going to play hard and compete every single night. They expressed their feelings in the first game and didnít here it again.

Reporter: When you look at Meloís situation Ė he likes the city of Denver, but knows that going to a bigger market could benefit him Ö

Kobe: It has nothing to do with a bigger market. Itís about winning. If you want to keep a player here, make the right decisions. Make the right choices with personnel, get a team around a guy to help you win, and there would be no problems.

Reporter: They have cap space this summer, so one could argue that if he wants to be in a situation to win, then Denver would be one of the best situations.

Kobe: Then Denver will make the right decisions, bring in the right personnel and heíll stick around. Itís not rocket science. Ö. I know for me, itís all about winning. In my situation, we werenít spending the money to get players Ė they had me playing around with Smush Parker. Until they decided they wanted to make the necessary sacrifices financially to get a team thatís competitive, I didnít want to be (with the Lakers). Itís as simple as that.

More at this link - http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2011/01/20/kobe-bryant-on-carmelo-anthony-nuggets-fans-free-agency/

Nice to see Kobe stick up for his "little brother" especially since he went through a similar situation where management just sat and did nothing to help him for years of his prime.

Melo has a slightly better situation now than he did, but Denver isn't using their assets to help him win either like K-Mart's expiring and other players. They have made solid moves with Lawson, Affalo, and Billups but they have also made bonehead moves that have hurt the team like Iverson, giving K-Mart the max, throwing away Camby for cap space, Harrington, and letting Kleiza walk. Birdman and JR were no brainers at the time. They need to make a pure splash impact move no matter the tax problem to keep Melo and show him that they are actually committed to winning a ring now and in the future.

Avenged
01-20-2011, 08:27 PM
:laugh2: there's still bad blood between Kobe and Smush.

LTBaByyy
01-20-2011, 08:30 PM
I bet you Smush Parker will come back and be better than he ever was after reading this lol

If Kobe Bryant said something about me, I would be soooooooooooo motivated to prove him wrong bc i know hes right and i wanna make him wrong and respect me

Then retire after the season lol

ESaady
01-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Haa. Poor Smush, still getting punked on.

Avenged
01-20-2011, 08:33 PM
I bet you Smush Parker will come back and be better than he ever was after reading this lol

If Kobe Bryant said something about me, I would be soooooooooooo motivated to prove him wrong bc i know hes right and i wanna make him wrong and respect me

Then retire after the season lol

He doesn't have the talent, skill, or work ethic to pull something like that off. I don't think anyone even wants him on there team. :laugh2:

kblo247

And LO. Smush also dissed Odom and talked about how he never lived up to his potential as a second option and that is why LA couldn't get out the first round.

Pot and kettle, I know.

Gators123
Smush>>>Mike James

Steelers23_06
01-20-2011, 08:40 PM
not to make this a miami thread but doesnt that remind anyone of a certain situation in cleveland just he made mo an all star...pretty good stuff.

LakeShowRaider
01-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Kobe kinda comes off like a douche when talking about when he demanded a trade.

That Smush jab was on point though! Haha...Besides Smush started it.

kblo247
01-20-2011, 08:46 PM
not to make this a miami thread but doesnt that remind anyone of a certain situation in cleveland just he made mo an all star...pretty good stuff.

Yeah there are some similarities you can draw, but mo worked hard. There were multiple reports of Smush not working hard and having a bad attitude toward the coaches and his teammates because he and Jim Buss were so cool by his own admission.

Getting rid of Smush was yet another reason to be happy for Kobe's mini trade me tirade that gave Jeanie her brothers power to make basketball decisions and see Fish coming walking through that door. I think Smush made Kobe, Phil, and LA fans appreciate Fisher so much more than they did years ago :laugh2:

el_primo_nano
01-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Smush got smushed by the Mamba :laugh:

ESaady
01-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Smush>>>Mike James

How dare you?

Mike James=GOAT

Rivera
01-20-2011, 08:52 PM
smush would probably **** kobe up in a fight

but it was funny to see a nice jab from kobe

and kobe hit the nail on the head

WizFan3
01-20-2011, 08:53 PM
tsk tsk tsk poor smush

dnewguy
01-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Smush Parker is a disgrace to the NBA, he was the marquee free agent signing for the Miami Heat, the off-season preceding the 15 total regular season wins.

AddiX
01-20-2011, 08:59 PM
"they had me playing around with Smush Parker."

Lol at the way he said that. What do you expect your getting with a guy named Smush?

bbcmillionaire
01-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Lmao the story here isnt his opinion about melo, it's smush Parker. Lol I cant wait for Parkers response, it's like an old school rap beef

Hellcrooner
01-20-2011, 09:17 PM
mmmm maybe he is making A PITCH FOR MELO like putting a banner on his name for Mitch?

blastmasta26
01-20-2011, 09:21 PM
If I was Smush, I would be happy Kobe said this. He basically just reminded the world that Smush still exists.

Saad
01-20-2011, 09:27 PM
I think Kobe always analyzes the situation pretty well huh. He hit the nail on the head for Melo as well as LBJ way back when. And Smush wasn't THAT bad... :rolleyes:

numba1CHANGsta
01-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Where is Smushy at these days? :)

kblo247
01-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Where is Smushy at these days? :)

China last I heard along with some other NBA castaways

joeboow90
01-20-2011, 09:35 PM
kobe was right. a lot of people forget kobe went through this same thing he was about to be traded from the lakers to the bulls but the lakers got pau and the rest is history. if Denver had a really good championship caliber team around Melo then we wouldnt even be talking about him being traded. so yes hes gonna get his money either way but at the end of the day players wanna win championships and you gotta put yourself in the best position to do so. Melos gonna be a knick one way or another

C-ross12
01-20-2011, 09:36 PM
I have to disagree with kobe here. Denver has done a lot to help Melo. Martin, Billups, AI, Camby among other good players have been brought en while he is/was with Denver. Besides, Denver has won 50, 53 and 54 games the past 3 years. Its not like hes not winning.

29$JerZ
01-20-2011, 09:40 PM
It's funny how an article talking about Kobe's defending what Melo/Denver has to do is being overshadowed by the Smush Parker jab lol

MTar786
01-20-2011, 09:43 PM
melo isnt doing it for the same reason as kobe. denver has potential. melo just wants to go to the knicks AND wants to get a max contract.

MTar786
01-20-2011, 09:44 PM
kobe had NOBODIES.. mo williams is still a really good player.. but he cant be a 1st option. hes a perfect 3rd option.
kobe basically had the worst supporting cast of all time

give me varajeo, williams, parker, west, big z, shaq or wallace and jamison.. even hickson
over
smush, tierre brown, chris mihm, kwame brown, luke walton, jummaine jones and odom

C-ross12
01-20-2011, 09:45 PM
melo isnt doing it for the same reason as kobe. denver has potential. melo just wants to go to the knicks AND wants to get a max contract.

Exactly. They are all about this big 3 ****. He wants to team up with Amare and Paul in NY correct?

Bruno
01-20-2011, 09:54 PM

It seems like they continue to throw jabs at each other in the media. Hilarious. The Lakers seven man rotation from 2005-2007 was an embarrassment to the franchise. I still can't believe "Laker insider" Jim Buss actually thought that might work. So glad he has less control of the reigns now.

Hellcrooner
01-20-2011, 10:04 PM
It seems like they continue to throw jabs at each other in the media. Hilarious. The Lakers seven man rotation from 2005-2007 was an embarrassment to the franchise. I still can't believe "Laker insider" Jim Buss actually thought that might work. So glad he has less control of the reigns now.

Not worse than some of the 93-95 rosters tough....

kblo247
01-20-2011, 10:07 PM

What gets me was him on AM 570 along with Jeanie in one of their public arguments after Kobe's trade demands was Jim sayign "Smush and Kwame should be enough for Lamar and Kobe to win with"

Jeanie laughed that **** off and said her brother wasn't allowing them to make any moves to build around Kobe and Lamar.

Jerry had to sort out the arguing and ended up siding with his daughter, Phil, and the guys who makes at minimum 80mil a year and they make the deals for Pau and Ariza on the way to the finals.

If any star was told Smush Parker and Kwame Brown was enough to win with out west, I think they would punch through a wall. Miami fans can attest to Smush's greatness :laugh2:

Dr. RPG
01-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Is Smush still alive?

Raps08-09 Champ
01-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Smush Parker is the ****ing man.

kblo247
01-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Smush Parker is the ****ing man.

This is true as he, Mihm, and Kobe almost scored a 100pts combined by themselves against a team we all know :p

Chronz
01-20-2011, 10:22 PM
LOL Kobes a moron, its not as simple as he thinks it is. People dont just gift you Gasol's every day and it has nothing to do with the willingness to spend.

Melo is playing pathetic ball, that has alot to do with the booing, just read my sig

Chronz
01-20-2011, 10:28 PM
What did he say? Wasnt the plan always to wait for Brian Grants contract to get off the books? Thats the thing about the trade of Shaq, when it happened I KNEW the Lakers would be ****ed until it expired, luckily for them Gasol happened.

tr3ymill3r
01-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Kobe kinda comes off like a douche when talking about when he demanded a trade.

That Smush jab was on point though! Haha...Besides Smush started it.

He was speaking from a personal experience much like any good speaker would do. How is he a douche, because you like many others are a Kobe hater. These guys don't care if you like them or not.

ChiSox219
01-20-2011, 10:36 PM
I hope Kobe becomes a GM one day.

MTar786
01-20-2011, 10:41 PM

i dont think kobe would make a great gm.. but far better than the crap thats in the nba right now

Hellcrooner
01-20-2011, 10:45 PM

SO he can take the next Kwame over the next Gasol, Battier, Arenas, Parker, Jefferson and Chandler?

then overachive his previous deed taking the next Morrison?

Flash3
01-20-2011, 10:50 PM
SO he can take the next Kwame over the next Gasol, Battier, Arenas, Parker, Jefferson and Chandler?

wtf are you talking about ?

Avenged
01-20-2011, 10:50 PM
wtf are you talking about ?

Jordan, apparently.

IBleedPurple
01-20-2011, 10:53 PM
When Melo actually becomes a leader (and isn't whipped by LaLa), then he'll win in the postseason.

As for the article, great perspective by Kobe. However, the more talented version of Doug Christie has obligations to his wife.

ChiSox219
01-20-2011, 10:57 PM

Exactly

I hate when players talk as if it's simple to put together a championship team.

Kobe is playing on the most talented roster in the NBA and they are only the #2 seed because the Mavs were decimated by injury.

Flash3
01-20-2011, 11:06 PM
anyone else think denvers supporting cast is better than the whole knicks team ?

masalex1205
01-20-2011, 11:07 PM
**** kobe

ChiSox219
01-20-2011, 11:14 PM
anyone else think denvers supporting cast is better than the whole knicks team ?

Yup

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Exactly

I hate when players talk as if it's simple to put together a championship team.

Kobe is playing on the most talented roster in the NBA and they are only the #2 seed because the Mavs were decimated by injury.

Lol. What do you mean decimated by injuries? Dirk missed 8 games. Carons only been out a couple weeks. And what does that have to do with players thinking its easy to be a gm?

Slimsim
01-20-2011, 11:18 PM
http://www.nbagames.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/funny_nba_photo_of_smush_parker_getting_groped_by_ shawn_marion.jpg

Flash3
01-20-2011, 11:25 PM
smush

ChiSox219
01-21-2011, 12:12 AM
Lol. What do you mean decimated by injuries? Dirk missed 8 games. Carons only been out a couple weeks. And what does that have to do with players thinking its easy to be a gm?

Mavs were 24-5 before Dirk went down, well ahead of the Lakers.

^ That team is not as talented as Kobe's Lakers but with Dirk they have outperformed LA.

My point is, if Kobe can't lead the most talented team to the best conference record as a player, how is he supposed to do it as a GM when he is accusing Denver of not putting talent around Melo (completely false).

THE GIPPER
01-21-2011, 12:27 AM

That may be true but that supporting cast doesnt always help cuz they're always injured.

avrpatsfan
01-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Smush is going to return to the NBA then dunk on Kobe's ***!

Hellcrooner
01-21-2011, 12:52 AM
Mavs were 24-5 before Dirk went down, well ahead of the Lakers.

^ That team is not as talented as Kobe's Lakers but with Dirk they have outperformed LA.

My point is, if Kobe can't lead the most talented team to the best conference record as a player, how is he supposed to do it as a GM when he is accusing Denver of not putting talent around Melo (completely false).

maybe, maybe he ( and Pau too to be honest) simply saves legs on the crappy, boring, meaningless regular season to be ready when games matter.

You know who the back to back champions are?

Dr. RPG
01-21-2011, 01:05 AM
My point is

the point is meaningless when lakers are back to back champions. Just saying.

ChiSox219
01-21-2011, 01:07 AM
maybe, maybe he ( and Pau too to be honest) simply saves legs on the crappy, boring, meaningless regular season to be ready when games matter.

You know who the back to back champions are?

Fair enough,

but remember game 7:

Kobe: 6-24, 23 pts, 15 rebs, 2 asts, 4 tovs

Gasol: 6-16, 19 pts, 18 rebs, 4 asts, 1 tovs

koLohe2133
01-21-2011, 01:16 AM
I honestly don't think Carmelo has improved drastically since entering the league. His defense is crap, he isn't a leader (Chauncey is)...sure he is a great offensive player but so is monta Ellis. I think carmelo's head is way too big and even if he gets his wish to go to the Knicks, it will still be amare's team.

godolphins
01-21-2011, 01:19 AM
Good old Smush :laugh2:

_KB24_
01-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Fair enough,

but remember game 7:

Yeah, I know. 33 rebounds between two players is just amazing, especially when the team that won the rebounding battle each game won. Well done Kobe & Pau.

ChiSox219
01-21-2011, 01:32 AM
Yeah, I know. 33 rebounds between two players is just amazing, especially when the team that won the rebounding battle each game won. Well done Kobe & Pau.

Hobbling KG, Rasheed, and no Perkins...

The point is, Gasol outperformed Kobe in the most important game of both player's careers.

_KB24_
01-21-2011, 01:37 AM

The point is, Gasol outperformed Kobe in the most important game of both player's careers.

Yeah, Bynum and Kobe were in top notch physical health as well huh.. :rolleyes:

Point is that it that the team as a whole collectively willed themselves to the ring. If anything, Artest was the MVP of that game.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-21-2011, 01:45 AM

Oh now I see your agenda. The Lakers record and Kobe's gm skills were not what you were reffering to at all. You were trying to say Kobe is not a good player. Well, sorry to break it to you, but Kobe deserved that MVP. Check his stats for the series. Check what he did for the whole playoffs. And in case you didn't notice, Pau didn't exactly light up the net either. And you know what's really sad? Kobe is out playing your "MVP" Rose in his 15th year in the league, and at age 32. So you can take your agenda somewhere else.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=bryanko01&y1=2011&p2=rosede01&y2=2011

Anilyzer
01-21-2011, 01:56 AM
Smush did have that incredible clutch steal(s) in that legendary Phoenix playoff game that the Lakers won, when they were down 7 with 12 seconds left or something.

Kobe's shots(s) were incredible but Smush made two or three mind blowing steals against Steve Nash. Just awesome. thing of beauty is a joy forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACZnF87Iy84

Antipod
01-21-2011, 02:10 AM
What happened between them 2?

Confusious
01-21-2011, 02:31 AM
Lmao. Kobe has an interesting attitude.

Enemey
01-21-2011, 02:53 AM
Fair enough,

but remember game 7:

Didn't Michael Jordan went 5-20 in game 6 of the 96 finals? And Pippen Was even Horrible?

kblo247
01-21-2011, 06:54 AM
Didn't Michael Jordan went 5-20 in game 6 of the 96 finals? And Pippen Was even Horrible?

Duncan also went 10/27 for the Spurs game 7 versus Detroit. He had 11 rebounds in that game as well, but no one brings that up ;)

kblo247
01-21-2011, 06:56 AM
Yeah, Bynum and Kobe were in top notch physical health as well huh.. :rolleyes:

Point is that it that the team as a whole collectively willed themselves to the ring. If anything, Artest was the MVP of that game.

Playing on a knee that needed surgery and was drained three times in the playoffs isn't a big deal

I always like how people also bring up Ron and Pau saving him versus OKC and PHX in general without bringing up the fact that both played horribly for the majority of those respective games before their putbacks when Kobe was carrying their weight for 47 minutes :laugh2:

I.C.U.R.N.V.S.
01-21-2011, 07:40 AM
smush would probably **** kobe up in a fight

but it was funny to see a nice jab from kobe

and kobe hit the nail on the head

Smush couldn't ******* up my little sister in a fight.

EWreckShin
01-21-2011, 07:52 AM
If I was Smush, I would be happy Kobe said this. He basically just reminded the world that Smush still exists.

Haha.

Bornknick73
01-21-2011, 01:26 PM
I think Denver made alot of good moves during the Melo era i just dont think they were the right ones, clearly.

While they did bring in good players they never brought in that AllStar bigman to go with the allstar wing player. Martin is good and Camby is excellent but niether are Pau Gasol. Camby coulda been if he had a post game and put on some weight but thats not his game. Letting Camby walk was a huge mistake. He was the closest thing to a AllStar big they had (even though Nene has gotten really good the last couple years, but the health issues)**** his old *** still can pull down 13-16 rebounds from time to time. 10 on the regular.

You werent gonna compete in the West without a high quality Allstar or borderline Allstar post player. During the Wests domination of the East all the top bigmen were there. Melo wasnt gonna come out of the West with Kmart Nene and Birdman. The top 3 West teams always had a far better PF or C then Denver. Duncan, Stoudemire, Pau, Webber (and before Pau it was Shaq)

I personally think he should stay in Denver IF....Nene and Kmart and Bird are 100% healthy going down the stretch. I think the west is up for grabs this year and if by some miracle they could get to the Finals it wouldnt matter.

They would get crushed by any top 3 east team.

Faycem
01-21-2011, 01:42 PM

Please, don't compare those players. Mo earned his 8 million per year contract in milwaukee playing great basketball. And earned being an all star in cleveland. Yes, taking advantage of playing with Lebron, but if it would be that easy, then the eastern conference team that year would have had 5-6 cleveland players,right?
Smush was a scrub and always will.

LayZbone
01-21-2011, 01:43 PM
kobe had NOBODIES.. mo williams is still a really good player.. but he cant be a 1st option. hes a perfect 3rd option.
kobe basically had the worst supporting cast of all time

give me varajeo, williams, parker, west, big z, shaq or wallace and jamison.. even hickson
over
smush, tierre brown, chris mihm, kwame brown, luke walton, jummaine jones and odom

Drew Gooden, Big Z, Boobie Gibson, Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall, Ira Newble, Sasha Pavlovic, Larry Hughes? Kobe's cast is probably still worse. But both him and Lebron were in similar situations. None of their supporting casts were good enough to win a championship. Kobe was about to bail on LA too, he said it himself. The only difference is that Jerry West didn't hand the Cavs a Pau Gasol on a silver platter to keep Lebron in Cleveland.

Hellcrooner
01-21-2011, 01:49 PM

that doesnt make pau better than kobe as a player-

maybe he should have received that mvp but in the same way parker got it being duncan a better player or worhty had it being magic a better player.

DenButsu
01-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Nice to see Kobe stick up for his "little brother"

Yeah, screw him. He's out of his element. He wasn't the one who supported Melo after he threw the bronze in the lake. He wasn't the one who supported Melo after the brawl. He wasn't the one who supported Melo after his DUI. And he sure as **** is not the one who Melo is turning his douche-*** ungrateful back on now. So yeah, **** him and his "little brother", too.

Melo is getting his just desserts. And if he doesn't like it, he should just sign the ****ing extension. Problem solved. (After all, that's what his "big brother" did, right?)

Faycem
01-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah, screw him. He's out of his element. He wasn't the one who supported Melo after he threw the bronze in the lake. He wasn't the one who supported Melo after the brawl. He wasn't the one who supported Melo after his DUI. And he sure as **** is not the one who Melo is turning his douche-*** ungrateful back on now. So yeah, **** him and his "little brother", too.

Melo is getting his just desserts. And if he doesn't like it, he should just sign the ****ing extension. Problem solved. (After all, that's what his "big brother" did, right?)

Nope. Kobe wasn't on contract year when demanded a trade. Money wasn't a factor there.

I think he should sign with Nuggets. But, if he is determined to leave, then it's a better thing for the Nuggets to get something back. Not like the Cavs last year, right?

Frezhnitz
01-21-2011, 02:19 PM
lol @ smush!

DenButsu
01-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Nope. Kobe wasn't on contract year when demanded a trade. Money wasn't a factor there.

Details aside, my point was that Kobe did not, in the end, turn his back on the Lakers. He ultimately stayed loyal. So unless he's calling the Nuggets fans "stupid" in the same breath that he's calling Melo "stupid" for not signing the extension, he should just shut the hell up and stay out of what isn't his business.

Flash3
01-21-2011, 02:32 PM
i still don't get why mello wants to leave.

SteBO
01-21-2011, 02:35 PM
i still don't get why mello wants to leave.

He wants to create another super team.

Flash3
01-21-2011, 02:58 PM
He wants to create another super team.

where knicks ?

amare, paul , mello ?

how are they gonna pull that off ?

SteBO
01-21-2011, 03:02 PM
where knicks ?

amare, paul , mello ?

how are they gonna pull that off ?

That could be the plan, bt I dunno how they get Paul though.

AddiX
01-21-2011, 03:29 PM
I still can't stop laughing about how Kobe talks about Smush like hes a crappy toy.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2011, 05:29 PM
This gives me a horrible flashback to the Smush and Kwame days! Man those guys had all of LA cursing at their TV's on a regular basis!!!

shep33
01-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Has anyone seen Smush Parker's playoff stats with the Lakers?

first playoffs with the Lakers- 8.9 ppg, on 33% shooting... more turnoves then assists
2nd playoff stint with the Lakers- 1.8 ppg on 15.4% shooting...

he did come up with that big steal on Nash. He was talented but I dunno why he didn't get better. Caron Butler and Ariza talk about learning a lot from Kobe, I'm upset that Smush didn't learn much from him, cause he was exactly the type of point guard Phil Jackson typically wanted. Pretty big pg, athletic, has range... just didn't pan out for him. And then after all of that he takes a shot at Kobe when he wasn't even in the league.

Avenged
01-21-2011, 05:44 PM

first playoffs with the Lakers- 8.9 ppg, on 33% shooting... more turnoves then assists

he did come up with that big steal on Nash. He was talented but I dunno why he didn't get better. Caron Butler and Ariza talk about learning a lot from Kobe, I'm upset that Smush didn't learn much from him, cause he was exactly the type of point guard Phil Jackson typically wanted. Pretty big pg, athletic, has range... just didn't pan out for him. And then after all of that he takes a shot at Kobe when he wasn't even in the league.

No work ethic. Players who are "limited" should really practice on their game to improve their skill.. This guy never seemed to care for that which is why he is no longer in the league.

To tell you the truth, Kobe shouldn't have to mention Smush anymore, he has nothing on him basketball wise. Everybody had already forgot about Smush anyways.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Funniest Smush story I remember is one night he went off on Orlando for like 25 points or something. In the postgame the Orlando coach was like "Well we expect that from Kobe or Lamar but we can't let the Smush Parker's of the world put up those kind of numbers!"

Man I almost fell off the couch laughing!!

DwayneMVPwade
01-21-2011, 06:11 PM
What happened between Smush and Kobe??

blueplanet
01-21-2011, 06:14 PM
That's disrespected to Smush Parker. I mean regardless how big of player you are you don't take shots at inferior players. Anyone who is going to quote me put yourself first on Parker's shoes now. How would he feel after reading this?

Bruno
01-21-2011, 06:24 PM
That's disrespected to Smush Parker. I mean regardless how big of player you are you don't take shots at inferior players. Anyone who is going to quote me put yourself first on Parker's shoes now. How would he feel after reading this?

If Parker didn't take his own shots against Kobe in the media then I'd agree.

blueplanet
01-21-2011, 06:30 PM
If Parker didn't take his own shots against Kobe in the media then I'd agree.

I don't remember Parker taking shots at Kobe. Even if you do something stupid to me, should I do the same to you even though I know it's not good?

8kobe24
01-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Fair enough,

but remember game 7:

Jesus Christ, who WON?!

Tony_Starks
01-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Fair enough,

but remember game 7:

Not like a sg who's having a horrible shooting night but still impacts the game by snagging 15 boards in the biggest game of his life is a big deal or anything.

Its not like one of the two assist happened to be to Artest hitting the go ahead 3 in a crucial moment when he could've forced it or anything......

You're right, the stats say he had a horrible game. Fortunately I happened to have watched the game and know otherwise.....

Flash3
01-21-2011, 07:15 PM

wat did he say ?

AIRMAR72
01-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Didn't Michael Jordan went 5-20 in game 6 of the 96 finals? And Pippen Was even Horrible? what some of you younger guys dont understand and its clear you never seen a televised game or saw money (jordan) played in person when jordan misses his teammates always have a chance to tip in he always have that spin and proper touch on da ball jordan rarely clack da rim on his shots or shoot the amount of airball like tobe(Kobe) and others

Bruno
01-21-2011, 07:24 PM
I don't remember Parker taking shots at Kobe. Even if you do something stupid to me, should I do the same to you even though I know it's not good?

No, you're right.

He shouldn't keep bringing him up. Even if they guy had zero work ethic and killed team chemistry; everyone already knows how bad he is. No need to keep beating the dead horse.

shep33
01-21-2011, 07:57 PM
wat did he say ?

Well there is an interview on youtube somewhere, where Smush basically says playing for the Lakers was fine and all, he liked Phil Jackson but he calls out Kobe saying he had a problem playing with him. Basically he didn't enjoy playing with him. The way he says it though shows that he clearly didn't like Bryant despite Parker having his best years playing along side Kobe. Before that Smush highest ppg was 6.2 in his rookie year. With the Lakers he had averages 11.5 and 11.1 in his 2 years there. After those 2 years in LA Parker only played 28 more games in the next year, and hasn't played in the league since. I'll try and find that interview... and send you it via private message if you want.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2011, 08:04 PM
I used to almost feel sorry for Smuch until I saw his fully pimped Smushmobile that was probably worth about as much as his contract and he went to Miami and made a total ******* of himself.

He's a total idiot. All he had to do is pass Kobe the rock, get the hell out his way, play defense, and OCCASIONALY hit the open shot. He couldn't even do that, and he had an attitude about it!

Thats on him you see Kobe always had nice things to say about Kwame when he left even though he, like Smush, was a total screw off. Smush was just a jerk. He has a Steve Francis attitude minus the Steve Francis skills.

Dammit I can rant on and on about Smush...... Damn you SMUSH!!!!!

Faycem
01-21-2011, 08:45 PM
I used to almost feel sorry for Smuch until I saw his fully pimped Smushmobile that was probably worth about as much as his contract and he went to Miami and made a total ******* of himself.

He's a total idiot. All he had to do is pass Kobe the rock, get the hell out his way, play defense, and OCCASIONALY hit the open shot. He couldn't even do that, and he had an attitude about it!

Thats on him you see Kobe always had nice things to say about Kwame when he left even though he, like Smush, was a total screw off. Smush was just a jerk. He has a Steve Francis attitude minus the Steve Francis skills.

Dammit I can rant on and on about Smush...... Damn you SMUSH!!!!!

Smushcalade rolling, baby! I'm sure he lives in it right now.

kblo247
01-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Drew Gooden, Big Z, Boobie Gibson, Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall, Ira Newble, Sasha Pavlovic, Larry Hughes? Kobe's cast is probably still worse. But both him and Lebron were in similar situations. None of their supporting casts were good enough to win a championship. Kobe was about to bail on LA too, he said it himself. The only difference is that Jerry West didn't hand the Cavs a Pau Gasol on a silver platter to keep Lebron in Cleveland.

West turned down a trade for Pau the year before. Chris Wallace called Mitch the year later when he was GM and presented them an offer built around Kwame's expiring for Gasol by both their admission.

So saying West gifted them Pau is a load of crap

kblo247
01-21-2011, 08:59 PM

No to the bronze.
No to the brawl.
Yes to the DUI as he said LA and Staples fans shouldn't have chanted that at him.
True as they are friends and Kobe has admitted to talking with him throughout the process.
Harsh
Kobe signed a 7 year deal after Jerry Buss promised to add an all star to him, Lamar, and Caron by their third year together.

kblo247
01-21-2011, 09:03 PM

He talked about that damn suv more than the team :laugh2:

I don't know what worse him or Kwame constantly hosting parties, then again Kobe told all LA fans don't show up to the game if they were going to boo Kwame because he needed their support. So, Kwame was actually liked.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2011, 09:09 PM

Haha thats right Smushcalade!! Aw man what a great big spectacle he created with that! Am I trippin or was he not actually on MTV cribs?

C-Style
01-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Who's Smush?

LayZbone
01-21-2011, 09:57 PM
West turned down a trade for Pau the year before. Chris Wallace called Mitch the year later when he was GM and presented them an offer built around Kwame's expiring for Gasol by both their admission.

So saying West gifted them Pau is a load of crap

Alright whoever gifted Pau....it was still a rape. I'm just saying nobody was generous enough or dumb enough to give Cleveland an all-star PF for scraps. Jamison doesn't count. The Suns almost budged with Amare though.

John Walls Era
01-21-2011, 10:08 PM
And LO. Smush also dissed Odom and talked about how he never lived up to his potential as a second option and that is why LA couldn't get out the first round.

Pot and kettle, I know.

Yeah and hes right. Odom had to be the 3rd option for them to win.

DenButsu
01-22-2011, 01:25 AM
Harsh

Yes. And well deserved.

superkegger
01-22-2011, 01:33 AM
Hi Den!

DenButsu
01-22-2011, 01:36 AM
Hi Den!

:cheers:

kblo247
01-22-2011, 02:04 AM
Yeah and hes right. Odom had to be the 3rd option for them to win.

Odom deserved no blame for those series versus Phoenix. He and Kobe played their ***** off. Smush was supposed to be the third guy but stunk in both series.

Ebbs
01-22-2011, 03:32 AM
Lol Kobe as always stay classy. . .

bholly
01-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Nice to see Kobe stick up for his "little brother" especially since he went through a similar situation where management just sat and did nothing to help him for years of his prime.

Melo has a slightly better situation now than he did, but Denver isn't using their assets to help him win either like K-Mart's expiring and other players. They have made solid moves with Lawson, Affalo, and Billups but they have also made bonehead moves that have hurt the team like Iverson, giving K-Mart the max, throwing away Camby for cap space, Harrington, and letting Kleiza walk. Birdman and JR were no brainers at the time. They need to make a pure splash impact move no matter the tax problem to keep Melo and show him that they are actually committed to winning a ring now and in the future.

Did you type the whole thing out? There's a spelling mistake in there that isn't in the source website. Haha, I'm not complaining or criticizing, you've just got me curious.

_KB24_
01-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Alright whoever gifted Pau....it was still a rape. I'm just saying nobody was generous enough or dumb enough to give Cleveland an all-star PF for scraps. Jamison doesn't count. The Suns almost budged with Amare though.

How? He was still an All Star forward. They received Z back as well. They literally got Jamison for free. And Shaq was still an all star center the time he was traded. And the Lakers didn't gift anyone. They had to part ways with two of their most promising prospects, one being an all star caliber player already.

thekmp211
01-23-2011, 08:59 PM
lol he makes smush parker sound like a pet animal