PDA

View Full Version : Can the Warriors make the playoffs this season?

AdonalFoyle4MVP
01-20-2011, 08:13 PM
The other day i was arguing with my buddy about how I don't think the warriors can make the playoffs. Although i cannot say who would make it over them cause it s such a toss up. I want to hear your guy's opinion can they make into the playoffs and if they can't who takes the 8th seed in the west. Also anybody else think Monta is a bit overated cause he would defantely not do this on a winning team.

Avenged
01-20-2011, 08:17 PM
The Warriors are 12th in the West, I cannot see them getting the 8th seed.. They're a below .500 team against teams in their conference, division, and on the road. They need to start improving on that 1st.

MiamiWadeCounty
01-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Yes they can make the playoffs, but I doubt it. They have a 9.72329% chance

ManRam
01-20-2011, 08:22 PM
The other day i was arguing with my buddy about how I don't think the warriors can make the playoffs. Although i cannot say who would make it over them cause it s such a toss up. I want to hear your guy's opinion can they make into the playoffs and if they can't who takes the 8th seed in the west. Also anybody else think Monta is a bit overated cause he would defantely not do this on a winning team.

It's not really a toss-up. They are 4 games out, and 4 teams they'd have to leap to make it. I think every team in front of them right now is better than them (Portland, Phoenix, Houston and Memphis).

ESaady
01-20-2011, 08:31 PM
I dont think the Warriors can make it.

sf-fanatic
01-20-2011, 08:45 PM
I think we are better than Memphis and Houston. Portland is better than the warriors but they have so many injuries so idk. I think we are right on the level of Phx.

Lloyd Christmas
01-20-2011, 09:04 PM
They have a crazy stretch of home games coming up. I'm guessing they will be sitting in the 8th spot by the end of it. I think they can make the playoffs, but its not very likely.

hgtiger32
01-20-2011, 09:52 PM
i think its real possible, especially if the nuggets trade melo

TrueFan420
01-20-2011, 09:55 PM
as a fan of them id love to say yes but i just dont think we will

Jays Claw
01-20-2011, 09:57 PM
They certainly have the talent to do so. However, the teams ahead of them will block their chances of making it, in my opinion.

kblo247
01-20-2011, 10:11 PM
I think the Warriors, Clippers, Griz, Rockets, and Suns all have a chance at the last 2 spots depending on the Melo situation. If he leaves Denver, they will move the other core guys like K-Mart, JR, and possibly Nene and drop out the standings imo.

JRisdabest
01-20-2011, 10:11 PM
0% chance

asandhu23
01-20-2011, 10:17 PM
I think W's can make it but it will be really really hard. this time however they won't win a series because the bench sucks.

Tony_Starks
01-20-2011, 11:32 PM
I doubt it, they're way too inconsistent. I actually think the Clippers will claim the last spot. If they can string together a nice win streak before allstar break they're back in the ballgame!

ChiSox219
01-21-2011, 12:03 AM
I picked them as the 8th seed at the beginning of the season.

4 games out and their two best players have missed significant time. Houston and Denver are both looking at moving real pieces to look toward the future.

It's more than possible if they stay healthy.

NothingbutWill
01-21-2011, 01:17 AM
Even if they made it they'd probably be knocked off the first round so *shrugs*

Avenged
01-21-2011, 01:19 AM
Even if they made it they'd probably be knocked off the first round so *shrugs*

Hopefully the Mavs get the 1st seed if they make the playoffs as the 8th seed then. ;)

Rematch!

asandhu23
01-21-2011, 01:24 AM
Hopefully the Mavs get the 1st seed if they make the playoffs as the 8th seed then. ;)

Rematch!

yes but we have no bench this time.... we also don't have a PF who can really stretch the floor by being able to shoot threes in Al Harrington. he actually had this role. most fans don't even remember that. Teams failed against that system they didn't know who to guard because everyone except Biedrins and players who never got off the bench could shoot threes and make them.

SouthSideRookie
01-21-2011, 01:25 AM
I think we are better than Memphis and Houston. Portland is better than the warriors but they have so many injuries so idk. I think we are right on the level of Phx.

Put the crack pipe down, just like every other year the Warriors are bad.

asandhu23
01-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Put the crack pipe down, just like every other year the Warriors are bad.

Warriors' championships : 3
Rockets's championships : 2

enough said. :cool:

MackShock
01-21-2011, 01:33 AM
Ahhh...my Warriors. Although I am pretty bias I can sit with realism.

The Warriors are not an elite team by a longshot. They are inconsistent and due to coach Smart, they have an unusual rotation. These guys play with heart and hustle..and sitting at 18-23 they are certainly within striking distance. I just dont think they have enough to pull some upsets against some of the better west teams down the stretch. 35 wins at least, but making the playoffs is a longshot.

asandhu23
01-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Ahhh...my Warriors. Although I am pretty bias I can sit with realism.

The Warriors are not an elite team by a longshot. They are inconsistent and due to coach Smart, they have an unusual rotation. These guys play with heart and hustle..and sitting at 18-23 they are certainly within striking distance. I just dont think they have enough to pull some upsets against some of the better west teams down the stretch. 35 wins at least, but making the playoffs is a longshot.

I am ok with analysis. just don't pull a Likemystylez. "Everyone in Warriors management is conspiring to take down the NBA"

MackShock
01-21-2011, 01:49 AM
I am ok with analysis. just don't pull a Likemystylez. "Everyone in Warriors management is conspiring to take down the NBA"

haha did he say that? i thought it was just the injuries issue.

Saad
01-21-2011, 01:53 AM
I dont think they will. Too many teams to pass up and its too late into the season.