PDA

View Full Version : Can Okafor Get Any Love?

aussie
01-20-2011, 08:52 AM
His starting to be worth his contract... Also if Monta gets one of these Okafor deserves one

Anyway I think he should be backup center in the All-Star Game. The only center in the West averaging a double-double.

PPG 11.2
RPG 10.30

At 6-10 he blocked the shiznick out of Marc Gasol who is 7-3 today.
Against Toronto he had 16 rebounds 12 of which were Offensive rebounds.

His pretty much a rock in the paint...Anyway Vote for Emeka in the next coming days.

With CP3 at PG the East have no chance :)

He is a machine!

IHeartNY
01-20-2011, 09:08 AM
11 PPG for a "Machine" is not ... let's say ... normal. But, he's a legit big. Nothing that special but, he's doing okay. In all honesty I thought he would be a bigger threat in this league getting drafted that high ...

Niro
01-20-2011, 09:09 AM
next thread
"can mo williams get any love?"

stop all these threads, the monta one was because nobody recognizes what he does because of the warriors record and everybody thinks he is just a chucker but i think okafor is rated just right.

i agree that he has a case for backup center in the all star game

aussie
01-20-2011, 09:11 AM
11 PPG for a "Machine" is not ... let's say ... normal. But, he's a legit big. Nothing that special but, he's doing okay. In all honesty I thought he would be a bigger threat in this league getting drafted that high ...

Obviously u have never watched him play then

IHeartNY
01-20-2011, 09:32 AM

Just my two cents ... though ... a NOH-fan has a different opinion than mine, isn't a surprise. No offense to Hornets or Emeka. Don't get me wrong ... as I said, he's a legit big. But ... just not THAT threat that I expected him to be. Right now I'd pick some Centers in front of him ... clearly in front of him, but again just MY two cents. You can prove me wrong ... that's what I'm here for. To discuss ... not bash, just because I said a tiny little bit critic-stuff towards a Hornets a player ...

Corey
01-20-2011, 09:35 AM
He's a solid player, I wouldnt call him a machine.

He's always been an above average rebounder, especially on the offensive end. Not really all star worthy though, IMO.

Knickrocketsfan
01-20-2011, 09:38 AM
His starting to be worth his contract... Also if Monta gets one of these Okafor deserves one

Anyway I think he should be backup center in the All-Star Game. The only center in the West averaging a double-double.

PPG 11.2
RPG 10.30

At 6-10 he blocked the shiznick out of Marc Gasol who is 7-3 today.
Against Toronto he had 16 rebounds 12 of which were Offensive rebounds.

His pretty much a rock in the paint...Anyway Vote for Emeka in the next coming days.

With CP3 at PG the East have no chance :)

He is a machine!

Gasol s not 7-3 he is 7-1. And even if he was who cares. Nate blocked Yao Ming, does that suddenly make him good. When comparing ellis and Emeka they are not even on the same level. Emeka is a decent player but not a star or all star. Though he might get in this yr b/c of the lack of depth at the center position.

David lee last yr was averaging 20 and 10 and ppl were still angry he made the team.

Avenged
01-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Okafor will not make the all-star team because his teams record won't really allow him to have 2 all-stars.. [Chris Paul is a given]

Maybe if his stats were a little higher seeing as how the 5 is so thin out West.

aussie
01-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Gasol s not 7-3 he is 7-1. And even if he was who cares. Nate blocked Yao Ming, does that suddenly make him good. When comparing ellis and Emeka they are not even on the same level. Emeka is a decent player but not a star or all star. Though he might get in this yr b/c of the lack of depth at the center position.

David lee last yr was averaging 20 and 10 and ppl were still angry he made the team.

My bad...
I'm not saying that his all of a sudden good.. I'm saying his improved alot from last year and IMO he deserves a shot at the all star.. maybe i over-exaggerated calling him a machine, im just trying to prove a point.. And i'm not comparing them i meant that why should ellis who is inform get a thread and Okafor who is also inform not?
Ellis isn't going to make the all-star team with Bryant, Ginobili, Carter and Kevin Martin well ahead of him atm, where as Emeka is 4th and not far from 2nd (not including Yao).
Don't get me wrong but ASG is popularity. Hence why Yao and Bynum are leading the West centers (Yao is injured and Bynum comes off the bench). again IMO i think Pau deserves starting C and Emeka 2nd.

In Rugby League here in Australia our State of Origin (NRL version of all-star game) the coach of the team along with some rugby league greats pick the team on form. Thats why i think emeka should be backup. and if it was by form im sure ellis would be 2nd or 3rd string guard....

Sorry just my opinion

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-20-2011, 10:05 AM
i think a lot of people had high hopes for Okafor (me being one) but he just didnt live up to it his first few seasons.

glad to see him step it up as of late, UCONN baby!

sep11ie
01-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Hes just one of those solid players anybody would love on their team, but got that huge contract, so PSD hates him.

corky831
01-20-2011, 10:53 AM
i am a huge uconn fan and he was a beast with ben gordon......and i remember everyone wondering if it should be okafor or dwight for 1st overall, but the magic clearly made the right pick as dwight is a beast....but nice to see okafor playing at a solid level....

mttwlsn16
01-20-2011, 10:59 AM
And for my next thread
"Can Delonte West get some love"
and the answer would be "Ask LeBron"
lol

DerekRE_3
01-20-2011, 11:14 AM

I've watched Okafor play a lot over the years, since I've been a Bobcat fan since the beginning. By the way, Marc Gasol isn't 7'3. You might be getting him and Hasheem Thabeet confused. Easy thing to do. One is a Spaniard, one is African.

Anyways...Emeka Okafor really hasn't improved a bit since his rookie year. He's the same player, and it seems that he will always be the same player. He's solid, nothing more nothing less. He's a bit undersized for a Center but makes up for it with length. He basically has the same size measurables as Dwight but without the athleticism. He's just one of the many Centers to get a shitload of money. He joins Andris Biedrins, Samuel Dalmbert, Eric Dampier, etc.

TheHoopsProphet
01-20-2011, 11:30 AM
NO! to answer your question

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Ye, as a center he has probably played the best at that position this year in the West.

nolafan33
01-20-2011, 12:49 PM
As a Hornet fan, I can tell you I was so disappointed in his play last season. He was soft, he didn't get the tough rebounds, he just let people dunk on him. It was bad, he was bad.

This year, he's playing elite basketball. He dunking in peoples faces, blocking shots, grabbing the tough boards. He's playing up there with the best of the best right now.

The past 18 games he's averaged 12 rebounds, 14 points, and 1.4 blocks per game.

He also has 18 offensive rebounds the past two games.

el_primo_nano
01-20-2011, 12:53 PM
No he cannot, not for a number 2 pick. He should be dropping at least 20 and 10.. and to think Orlando fans booed the Howard pick :laugh:

Sandman
01-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Aren't those career lows?

Sadds The Gr8
01-20-2011, 01:01 PM
I think Gasol/Duncan will be moved to Center since there is no legit ASG candidates there. If not, then I can see Okafor being on the team, even though it's pretty hard to imagine.

DerekRE_3
01-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Aren't those career lows?

Pretty much. His rookie year he put up his biggest numbers, but wasn't efficient. Now he just puts up not as good numbers with better efficiency since he hasn't been on a team as bad as the Bobcats were their first year.