PDA

View Full Version : Can Monta Get Some Love????

GSwarriors4LIFE
01-20-2011, 02:32 AM
I have watched this guy since his rookie year and his growth deserves some attention. I see alot of users hyping their teams players(griffin, love) and this dudes time is now!!! As a SHOOTING Guard, "Let me repeat myself" SHOOTING guard he is putting up 25.7 points on 47%. Here are his overall ranks for shooting guards, Points: 1st(25.7) Assist: 1st(5.6) Steals: 1st (2.3) Minutes: 1st(40.8). He had the highest scoring game of the season(46) before another all star took the honor(Blake), he scored 30+ twelve times, and has a season full of jaw dropping plays. The one thing that is different from previous years or even earlier in the season is they are playing good ball and finally starting to win. After his game winner against the pacers the warriors are now 18-23 and in a dog pile for that eight seed. Get him to the All Star Game!!!!

WestCoastPhan
01-20-2011, 02:33 AM
+1

jimbobjarree
01-20-2011, 02:34 AM
assandhu made a new account!

Hellcrooner
01-20-2011, 02:35 AM
Can he put up his chuking show in a WINNING team?

flyinlow
01-20-2011, 02:38 AM
I agree. Monta stepped his game up. He deserves to be an all-star

Hawkeye15
01-20-2011, 02:39 AM
whatevs

Sadds The Gr8
01-20-2011, 02:40 AM
lol the 100th thread of a Warriors fan begging for us to pledge Monta as an elite player.

sargon21
01-20-2011, 02:42 AM
post the vid of the game winner

SugeKnight
01-20-2011, 02:42 AM
You're wasting your time. Anything argument defending or praising Monta will fall on deaf ears.

SugeKnight
01-20-2011, 02:43 AM
whatevs

lol the 100th thread of a Warriors fan begging for us to pledge Monta as an elite player.

:sigh:

GSwarriors4LIFE
01-20-2011, 02:43 AM

I'm not pledging him as an elite player I would just be happy if he can make the ASG.

SugeKnight
01-20-2011, 02:45 AM
Game Winner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fywvjK1O6E0

D1JM
01-20-2011, 02:47 AM

its not fair. granger couldnt see with all that fog in the bay area.

colinskik
01-20-2011, 02:50 AM
he definitely deserves an all star nod, no question.

Now for the question I posed in the Warriors forum earlier and got little response: Do the Warriors hang on to him and continue to go with a backcourt of Ellis/Curry, or do they try to move Monta now and get a boatload of talent that helps the team become more complete, while also allowing Curry and Lee to take over as a potentially dominant pick and roll duo?

tredigs
01-20-2011, 02:51 AM
The way he takes over the flow of the offense STILL pisses me off at least 5 times a game, but he's been fantastic overall. Monta is somebody that has absolutely earned his right to be showcased in an All-Star game. There's a thick stew of guards to sift through though.

SugeKnight
01-20-2011, 02:53 AM
he definitely deserves an all star nod, no question.

Now for the question I posed in the Warriors forum earlier and got little response: Do the Warriors hang on to him and continue to go with a backcourt of Ellis/Curry, or do they try to move Monta now and get a boatload of talent that helps the team become more complete, while also allowing Curry and Lee to take over as a potentially dominant pick and roll duo?

We have talked about this on the warrior forum. Majority of the forum agrees that there is no situation to trade Monta and get a fair amount of talent back, so we are probably better off holding on to him.

Rose-For-Prez
01-20-2011, 02:56 AM
ya he has been doing his stuff this year got to give him credit.

Giants-49ers-Ws
01-20-2011, 02:57 AM
such as a stud. go warriors

Sadds The Gr8
01-20-2011, 02:57 AM
I'm not pledging him as an elite player I would just be happy if he can make the ASG.

Paul, Deron, Parker, Westbrook, Nash, Manu, Kobe....too much guards. Plus all those guys have more name recognition than Ellis.

GSP
01-20-2011, 03:00 AM
The way he takes over the flow of the offense STILL pisses me off at least 5 times a game, but he's been fantastic overall. Monta is somebody that has absolutely earned his right to be showcased in an All-Star game. There's a thick stew of guards to sift through though.

He is in guranteed, We have an all Star .....2 good to ignore.:clap:

GSwarriors4LIFE
01-20-2011, 03:02 AM
Paul, Deron, Parker, Westbrook, Nash, Manu, Kobe....too much guards.

Exactly, it pisses me of how pg and sg are grouped as one. If there were votes for the two seperate positions I think he would get the nod over Manu. We still have a lengthy home schedule that we can get some wins which can only help his chances.

Sadds The Gr8
01-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Exactly, it pisses me of how pg and sg are grouped as one. If there were votes for the two seperate positions I think he would get the nod over Manu. We still have a lengthy home schedule that we can get some wins which can only help his chances.

I doubt it cuz Manu is best player on best team and that ALWAYS gets rewarded. Manu is definitely gonna make it behind Kobe.

I think guard selections will be: Deron, Paul, Westbrook, Kobe, Manu.

SugeKnight
01-20-2011, 03:06 AM
Guards in the West
1. Kobe
2. Williams
3. Paul
4. Monta
5. Manu
6. Gordon
7. Westbrook

Roy would be #4 if he had cartilage in his knees still

Niro
01-20-2011, 03:10 AM
Paul, Deron, Parker, Westbrook, Nash, Manu, Kobe....too much guards. Plus all those guys have more name recognition than Ellis.

no way manu,parker,westbrook and nash played better than ellis this year bro

Sadds The Gr8
01-20-2011, 03:17 AM

I'd bet my list makes it over Ellis. <<<<<Deron, Paul, Westbrook, Kobe, Manu.>>>>>

I think this is the list that makes the ASG for guards.

And it's not really about who's playing better. Name recognition, and team record factors in too.

sargon21
01-20-2011, 03:21 AM
Nice shot, but wow what a ****** video lol

Two-3
01-20-2011, 03:24 AM

IMO Not a warriors fan btw but i agree he should at least be Kobe's backup in my eyes in the ASG and now to add to what you said over Nash,parker and Westbrook absolutely but over Manu i don't know him and his team are doing very well and most would have to disagree but again i believe Monta should at least be on the ASG bench.

thekmp211
01-20-2011, 03:31 AM
when he plays under control, he's one of the best scorers in the league. but he's still just as capable of shooting his team out of a game as he is shooting them into it.

colinskik
01-20-2011, 03:43 AM

You're right about Parker and Nash, but Manu is having the best season of his career and his team has the best record in the NBA. So even though Monta's stats are better than Manu's, it's easy to argue that Manu's having a better year. I would like to say Monta's been better than Westbrook, but he's on a young, popular team, so it'll be hard to edge him out of the last spot.

This is exactly what gets me too. No doubt Monta is a beast and the definition clutch, but sometimes he's so hellbent on making a play himself that he ignores his teammates and passes up the easy play. I think that without Monta, Curry would flourish.

210Don
01-20-2011, 03:51 AM
spurs always have to be booted.....

so yall mean to tell mean a 36 & 6 team will have no all stars?
and lol at a mvp candidate not being a all star manu affects a game in a way bigger form than ellis hes on a quick pace team with bad offensive players he needs to do that

Y2JOrdan
01-20-2011, 03:55 AM
he needs to get some props seriously put him in the allstar game lol

AI4MVP
01-20-2011, 04:04 AM
All the Monta haters need to shut the **** up. The guy is getting it done and theres nothing you can say about it. Point blank. Hes getting it done. "Hes not leading his team to wins" Go **** a goat. His team is extrememly young and not a playoff roster by any means. What did Kobe do when he had a bad team? Its not Montas fault. The guy is a top 3 scorer in this league. He can score the ball or get to the line whenever he wants to.

Warriors fans, keep your head up. You dont need the approval of some goons on PSD to know that Monta Ellis is an amazing player in this league and without question an all star

MackShock
01-20-2011, 04:06 AM
lol...this is the first warriors thread in a while..meanwhile everybody is jocking blake griffin and carmelo hard...

warriors never get the love they deserve..not even that 48-34 season after we bodybagged the mavs

i wouldnt say monta gets to the line whenever he wants to..he settles for mid range alot, and when he does go in, he barely gets calls..he gets called for offensive.

if monta drove in 10 ten times, hed get maybe 1 or 2 calls. kobe, 5 or 6

bklynny67
01-20-2011, 04:08 AM
Monta will not be an allstar. He shoots a ton of shots and plays over 40 mins a game. If he was on a better team, he wouldn't have these numbers.

Paul, Deron, Kobe, Westbrook are having better seasons. One can make a good argument that Manu is too.

bklynny67
01-20-2011, 04:11 AM
lol...this is the first warriors thread in a while..meanwhile everybody is jocking blake griffin and carmelo hard...

warriors never get the love they deserve..not even that 48-34 season after we bodybagged the mavs

i wouldnt say monta gets to the line whenever he wants to..he settles for mid range alot, and when he does go in, he barely gets calls..he gets called for offensive.

if monta drove in 10 ten times, hed get maybe 1 or 2 calls. kobe, 5 or 6

thats cuz its not as hard to stop Monta as it is to stop Kobe. Kobe actually does get fouled more when he drives cuz guys are trying harder to stop him. When Monta drives, guys can make a small attempt at stopping him and just back off a little cuz he is more likely to miss the shot anyway.

Basically, Kobe is a MUCH better finisher at the basket than Monta, therefore people foul him more to make it earn the points.

Eg714
01-20-2011, 04:15 AM
Blake and love deserve the hype there really dope. Monta is one of the best in the league for shooting guards. The reason he doesnt get talked about more is because he is on a bad team on a good conference. if he was on winning team people would make a big deal about him but he's not.

MackShock
01-20-2011, 04:18 AM
thats cuz its not as hard to stop Monta as it is to stop Kobe. Kobe actually does get fouled more when he drives cuz guys are trying harder to stop him. When Monta drives, guys can make a small attempt at stopping him and just back off a little cuz he is more likely to miss the shot anyway.

Basically, Kobe is a MUCH better finisher at the basket than Monta, therefore people foul him more to make it earn the points.

Or he has the favor of the referees.

Eg714
01-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Kobe actually doesn't get has many foul calls as he should but if it's something lite at the end of the game he will go to the line.

MackShock
01-20-2011, 04:20 AM

Kobe actually doesn't get has many foul calls as he should but if it's something lite at the end of the game he will go to the line.

Told ya :)

bklynny67
01-20-2011, 04:22 AM

or he knows how to draw fouls better. and is much better. and is an allstar again this year. and Monta will not be.

MackShock
01-20-2011, 04:29 AM
or he knows how to draw fouls better. and is much better. and is an allstar again this year. and Monta will not be.

kobe probably draws fouls better, not gonna lie. but he also screams "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH" when a player grazes him.

so Monta wont be lol, you think rubbing it in is gonna make me feel worse?

thenetslegend
01-20-2011, 04:38 AM
monta gets snubbed out of the all start game every year. if he was on a winning team he would get more respect. he can shoot like crazy

SugeKnight
01-20-2011, 04:40 AM

You are trippin. Monta is one of the best at finishing at the rim. He shoots a higher percentage at inside shots than kobe even though he never gets the same treatment from the refs.

He is one of the best guards in scoring points in the paint.

Just today, the warriors outscored indiana 54-34 in points in the paint, but still shot 10 less free throws

mcgswfan
01-20-2011, 04:45 AM
Monta won't be voted in by the fans, too many other guards to choose from. I want him to be an All Star but it's going to be on the coaches to select him as a reserve, that's his best chance of making it and I hope it comes to fruition.

By the way, if the reasoning holds true that only players on winning teams should be allowed to play in the All Star game, then neither Griffin nor Love nor both should make it in. The Warriors have a better record than both of those teams and if their players make it and Monta doesn't, I can see a huge conspiracy taking place and maybe some restructuring of the All Star player choosing process. I know for sure that Blake will get in because of all the highlight dunks, so let the conspiracy theories begin hehe. Also, Monta has just as many, if not more highlight plays this year than Griffin does, the problem is Monta's are 90% under the rim and Blakes are 90% over the rim, that is why he will get voted in by the fans.

TrueFan420
01-20-2011, 04:48 AM

all he said was all star game which he is very deserving of. he wont be elite until he starts playing good d. but he has become a better team player and more willing passer so if he can do that i dont see why he can become a good defender even though he is small.

MackShock
01-20-2011, 05:14 AM
^ monta is def realizing he doesnt need the ball to be effective

SFG'sTillID_I_E
01-20-2011, 05:28 AM
The All Star game is a popularity contest and Monta is just not popular enough. You get popular by being a key member of a team that is playoff caliber or a title contender, mainly because the league markets those teams more than any other teams, along with their players. Monta is recognized as the leader of the Golden State Warriors, a team that will probably win 35-40 games this year even with Monta's 25 ppg avg and exciting, energetic style of play. Therefore, you are more than likely not a team that will make the playoffs, thus making them a non factor in the popularity column to the common fan.

When you suck as a team, you get the last 5-8 minutes of the hour long Sportcenter and every other sports show because that's when they are winding the show down with highlights from teams that don't move the popularity needle. All the top flight, top shelf news and teams get the first couple of segments, not the last. Next time you watch SC or any sports news show, look at the time slot their highlights are shown if they even bother to show them at all. You may get the obligatory "scoreboard view" where they show the scores of the games no one cares about. This matters because if you usually get TV time when the common fan has already moved on and back to playing their "Call of Duty" or doing something else other than watch SC, its like a tree falling in the woods when nobody sees it. Nobody cares.

But I still think that the coaches won't reward him over other players like Westbrook or Manu because they play on good teams, and those teams win regularly due in part to those players contributions. Its the same for Kevin Martin, Kevin Love and Eric Gordon so Monta shouldn't feel slighted. Good players on bad teams only get love if its to replace an injured guy so I guess Monta has that hope. Now Blake Gordon on the other hand, is the possible exception and will possibly go, but he is a freak that plays in LA, the ASG is in LA, and he has taken the league by storm in his rookie year, doing stuff that hasn't been done by a rookie in decades, so he has the best chance of making it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2011, 05:32 AM

this

shizzle09
01-20-2011, 05:59 AM
anyone who says Monta isnt a beast doesnt have a clue about the game. This kid brings it every night. Not a warrior fan but since i live in the bay area i watch alot of warriors games. kid is hands down the most underated player in the league.

NothingbutWill
01-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Monta by all means deserves to be in the ASG but it's still unclear if he would or not. Given the fact that the West has so much talented guards that it makes it a hard choice to just pick one over the other. If he was in the East, he would have a way better chance to make it into the ASG but being stuck in the West with so many talented guards is hard.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2011, 07:01 AM
You are trippin. Monta is one of the best at finishing at the rim. He shoots a higher percentage at inside shots than kobe even though he never gets the same treatment from the refs.

Just today, the warriors outscored indiana 54-34 in points in the paint, but still shot 10 less free throws

look how much threes you guys take:speechless:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2011, 07:07 AM

look how much threes you guys take:speechless:

sf-fanatic
01-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Monta isn't as popular as the other athletes by choice. This was in an article about him last week. I feel I should share it because hes misunderstood.
1. He doesn't talk to the media and declines interviews because he doesn't trust them since the Moped Incident got blown up by the media (yes i know his fault). He only accepted 1 interview in 2 years i believe and it was with the sf chronicle.
2. Monta is a quiet family guy who doesnt party or hangout much with the team. (good/bad)
3. He doesn't argue with officials. This might be the reason why he doesnt get calls. If he is upset, he will try to go 1 on 1 which is annoying sometimes. (Notice the # of technicals for his career)
4. He's loyal and kept And1 as his sponsor because there were the only brand to offer him a contract when he was drafted. (He declined Nikes offer recently)
5. His only commercial is And1 promotions on their site.
6. He is a changed man this year and his wife is really keeping him in check.
7. He really doesnt care for the haters.

Giraffes Rule
01-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Ginobili is having a better season than Ellis. Kobe is going to be there because of the vote. Then you have point guards like Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Russell Westbrook and Steve Nash that have a better shot just because of popularity.

And if you don't believe that Ginobili is playing better than Ellis, look at the advanced stats.

Monta (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/ellismo01.html)

Manu (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/ginobma01.html)

The best player on the team with the best record? How can he not make the all star game?

asandhu23
01-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Advanced stats are severely flawed. when will you people realize that?

magichatnumber9
01-20-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm a Celtics fan and he's on my sig. I don't know how much more love I can give.

Giraffes Rule
01-20-2011, 02:27 PM

Less flawed than per game stats. :rolleyes:

sep11ie
01-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Can Chuck Hayes get some love?

sep11ie
01-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Can Kyle Lowry get some love?

sep11ie
01-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Can ______ get some love?

colinskik
01-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Can ______ get some love?
No.

Sadds The Gr8
01-20-2011, 02:52 PM
lol @ people who think Monta will get in over Manu.

GSwarriors4LIFE
01-20-2011, 02:59 PM
I'd bet my list makes it over Ellis. <<<<<Deron, Paul, Westbrook, Kobe, Manu.>>>>>

I think this is the list that makes the ASG for guards.

And it's not really about who's playing better. Name recognition, and team record factors in too.

Actually it is about who is playing better because "professional" coaches are picking the reserves. Since the reserves are picked by coaches name recognition really does not matter as it would to fans. Record wise, I don't know when coaches have to put their votes in but the Warriors still have time to get at or over .500 and with a majority of them at oracle it is very possible.

GSwarriors4LIFE
01-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Monta will not be an allstar. He shoots a ton of shots and plays over 40 mins a game. If he was on a better team, he wouldn't have these numbers.

Paul, Deron, Kobe, Westbrook are having better seasons. One can make a good argument that Manu is too.

If you are shooting a ton of shots at 47% I say what the hell keep chucking them, oh yah now he takes smart shots. It doesn't matter if you put him on a different team he will still get his numbers, it's not like the defenses will change because he showed this year he really cannot be stopped. If you want him to take a three he will drill them in your face, take a mid range his silky smooth jumper is his bread and butter, or he will drive to the hole and probably embarass somebody.

Public Enemy #1
01-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Its going to take some luck. Ellis won't be voted in by the fans obviously. lol Manu/Westbrook/Williams/possibly Nash are ahead of him for the reserve list. Warriors need to make it to .500 or over for him to get serious thought as an All Star. Of course he deserves it but everyone always hates on the Warriors and belittles them. Even when they were winning a couple of years ago, somehow Roy got in over Davis. bunch of bs

JayHunter
01-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Mississippi Stand Up

Lloyd Christmas
01-20-2011, 03:43 PM
It's up to the coaches to vote him in. We will see if the league truly believes if Monta is an All Star. Who cares what PSD thinks.

The_Mac22
01-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Monta ftw

ManRam
01-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Defense, his team, and his inability to ever be on a winning team probably are what hurt him. I've always disliked him, and never thought he was much more than an inefficient high volume shooter...but he's growing on me.

He gets to the line a good amount...with his minutes and usage he could be getting there slightly more ideally. He's great at creating steals and turnovers, but does take some unnecessary risks at times, and I don't think anyone would say he's a good defender. A lot of turnovers...but that ties in with his usage. Obviously he's a great scorer.

The advanced stats don't like him at all, and that's what has made me so weary in the past. I just think that he's a really good scorer, and an average defender...and not a player that makes everyone better around him.

He's getting closer to getting the respect a lot of the superstars do...he just needs to buy into defense a bit more (only 6.8 career win shares!) and start looking for his own shot just a little less. Gotta start being a bit more of a team player too.

I do think that, looking at the guards, it's hard to get him into that game. I think Westbrook, Paul, Deron, Kobe, and Manu and perhaps Nash are all more deserving. I'd even rather have a guy like Kevin Martin, who is a far more efficient scorer (leads all guards in points per shot, and is third in the league), on my team.

AirCanada15ORL
01-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Id consider it if Warriors fans would stop posting threads about Monta Ellis being so amazing.

GSwarriors4LIFE
01-20-2011, 05:17 PM
^^The thread was not about how amazing he is just the respect he should be getting for playing like an all star and should seriously be considered as a reserve. If you have ever seen any of his games this season you would agree he has really stepped his entire game up. Haters are always gonna hate!!!

sf-fanatic
01-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Id consider it if Warriors fans would stop posting threads about Monta Ellis being so amazing.

Well I would love it if we stopped getting threads about Rose, Griffin, Lebron, and Rondo too. We won't see a stop to it so deal with it.

MackShock
01-20-2011, 05:51 PM

ha..how many Warriors threads do you see compared to Blake Griffin or Carmelo? D-Rose?

asandhu23
01-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Oh I am sorry. I did not know this was an overhyped NBA players forum.

asandhu23
01-20-2011, 05:56 PM
ha..how many Warriors threads do you see compared to Blake Griffin or Carmelo? D-Rose?

or Kobe or LeBron or Dwight Howard... or Durant....

AIverson
01-20-2011, 05:59 PM
It sucks that the best SG in league probably won't get in. Makes no sense. I voted for him to start.

AddiX
01-20-2011, 06:05 PM
He's my favorite player in the league to watch.. Talented through the roof.

But he is completely alone on that court and no coach can control him. And that's why he will always play for losing teams. He plays like hes the best player on a AAU team.

dwadefan03
01-20-2011, 06:16 PM
ive thought so for years, this guy has proven over and over that hes legit. And to all those calling him a chucker ur ********, he shoots 47 percent from the field, kobe bryant shoots 45 for his career.

Monta Ellis is the real deal

John Walls Era
01-20-2011, 06:17 PM
I love Ellis. Fave 2guard in the West.

pd1dish
01-20-2011, 06:17 PM
I agree. Monta stepped his game up. He deserves to be an all-star

he shouldnt be an all-star. there are too many other guards that are more efficient than him and that id rather have on my team. hes a chucker and thats what he will always be. thats why he doesnt get any recognition. he takes a lot of shots to get his points. he also turns the ball over way too much for a SG

Problemchild
01-20-2011, 06:22 PM
I have watched this guy since his rookie year and his growth deserves some attention. I see alot of users hyping their teams players(griffin, love) and this dudes time is now!!! As a SHOOTING Guard, "Let me repeat myself" SHOOTING guard he is putting up 25.7 points on 47%. Here are his overall ranks for shooting guards, Points: 1st(25.7) Assist: 1st(5.6) Steals: 1st (2.3) Minutes: 1st(40.8). He had the highest scoring game of the season(46) before another all star took the honor(Blake), he scored 30+ twelve times, and has a season full of jaw dropping plays. The one thing that is different from previous years or even earlier in the season is they are playing good ball and finally starting to win. After his game winner against the pacers the warriors are now 18-23 and in a dog pile for that eight seed. Get him to the All Star Game!!!!

He deserves to be in the allstar game !

sf-fanatic
01-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Everyone says Monta turns the ball over way too much. I would like to challenge that thought. For one, Monta isn't even in the top 10(most) this season in turnovers. Also, Monta is among the league leaders in minutes played (40+), so if you adjust his turnover rate to per 48 minutes, he isn't even in the top 50 and has less turnovers that some star guards like Kobe, Lebron, Rose.

Crackadalic
01-20-2011, 06:32 PM
He did chuck a lot but he should be in the allstar game. If he Blake and Love is not in it imma drop kick david stern

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2011, 06:41 PM
It sucks that the best SG in league probably won't get in. Makes no sense. I voted for him to start.

:laugh2:

He isn't even TOP5

asandhu23
01-20-2011, 06:51 PM
he shouldnt be an all-star. there are too many other guards that are more efficient than him and that id rather have on my team. hes a chucker and thats what he will always be. thats why he doesnt get any recognition. he takes a lot of shots to get his points. he also turns the ball over way too much for a SG

1. He doesn't get attention because he doesn't whore himself out to big *** companies like Nike. In fact, he rejected a Nike contract he was given this summer for And 1 which he has always supported.

2. Monta takes a lot of shots to get his points... hmm. wait a sec. What about All Star chucker Kevin Durant who chucked 0.5 shots per game less than Ellis this year? Notice the fact he has a lower FG percentage than Ellis this year and that's with the so called huge size advantage he has over other SFs. Also notice that Ellis averages a lot more assists than that so called All Star. 5.6 to 2.9.

of course this is going to piss a lot of you casual fans up. truth is Ellis has a really terrible team and one man can not do it alone. Durant has a much better team and he can get away with chucking because his team mates can play and Ellis can't because his team ( usually the bench ) loses the games for him

SugeKnight
01-20-2011, 07:02 PM

He isn't even TOP5

Can you name 5 better SGs?

Kobe
Wade
Manu
Who else?

SugeKnight
01-20-2011, 07:09 PM
You're wasting your time. Any argument defending or praising Monta will fall on deaf ears.

:sigh:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Can you name 5 better SGs?

Kobe
Wade
Manu
Who else?

JJ and K-Mart

Monta is #6

GiantsNinersW's
01-20-2011, 07:19 PM
JJ and K-Mart

Monta is #6

That is the craziest thing i have ever read on here. Monta is clearly #4 and I would argue to put him at 3

sf-fanatic
01-20-2011, 07:20 PM
JJ and K-Mart

Monta is #6

I would put Paul Pierce #4 (even though he plays more SF)

Monta #5

Joe Johnson hasn't be good this year.

SugeKnight
01-20-2011, 07:20 PM
JJ and K-Mart

Monta is #6

You can make an arguement for JJ, but K-Mart? His defense is worse than monta's.

The only thing KMart does better than Monta is getting contact and going to the line.

And the Rockets arent even a better team than the warriors

GiantsNinersW's
01-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Nobody has mentioned that Monta is drastically improved his 3pt shooting over the last two years. 2 years ago he shot .3 per game, now he's at 1.7. I've always thought as soon as he developed his outside shot to go along with that quickness he'd become an elite player.

LakersA's49ers
01-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Stttttttuuuuuuud!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2011, 07:43 PM
That is the craziest thing i have ever read on here. Monta is clearly #4 and I would argue to put him at 3

The top 3 SGs in the league are kobe, wade and manu and it isn't even close.:speechless:

4th is K-Mart, he is a crazy good scorer, miles away better than Monta plus he's an efficient scorer.

JJ vs Monta is debatable

But no way Monta cracks the TOP4, no freaking way

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2011, 07:44 PM
You can make an arguement for JJ, but K-Mart? His defense is worse than monta's.

The only thing KMart does better than Monta is getting contact and going to the line.

both have the same defensive rating

Caution1011
01-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Game Winner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fywvjK1O6E0

Big time shot, even though it was against the Pacers.... He's been playing at All-Star level now its about if fans will vote him infront of the other stars in the West like Ginobili.

Chronz
01-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Hes good but hes no allstar, not with so many superior players in the West

Chronz
01-20-2011, 08:03 PM
ive thought so for years, this guy has proven over and over that hes legit. And to all those calling him a chucker ur ********, he shoots 47 percent from the field, kobe bryant shoots 45 for his career.

Monta Ellis is the real deal

So your counter to their argument is to cite FG%?

Chronz
01-20-2011, 08:05 PM
LMFAO no not really but lets pretend you have a point,

Basic stats are even more flawed, when will you newbs realize that?

sunsfan88
01-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Guards in the West
1. Kobe
2. Williams
3. Paul
4. Monta
5. Manu
6. Gordon
7. Westbrook

Roy would be #4 if he had cartilage in his knees still

ROFL Gordon, Wesbtrook, Manu & Monta over Nash? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Your funny. Real funny.

LMAO!

Chronz
01-20-2011, 08:08 PM
All the Monta haters need to shut the **** up. The guy is getting it done and theres nothing you can say about it. Point blank. Hes getting it done. "Hes not leading his team to wins" Go **** a goat. His team is extrememly young and not a playoff roster by any means. What did Kobe do when he had a bad team? Its not Montas fault. The guy is a top 3 scorer in this league. He can score the ball or get to the line whenever he wants to.

Warriors fans, keep your head up. You dont need the approval of some goons on PSD to know that Monta Ellis is an amazing player in this league and without question an all star

I love how AI supporters back this no-D chucking clown, does it bring back fond memories?

What did Kobe do when he didnt have help? First off, look at the roster GS has, Kobe would have LOVED that team when he was playing with the likes of Chucky Atkins and Mihm. Secondly he put up RIDICULOUS #'s.

If Monta could score whenever he wanted to then why does he choose not to?

Chronz
01-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Monta won't be voted in by the fans, too many other guards to choose from. I want him to be an All Star but it's going to be on the coaches to select him as a reserve, that's his best chance of making it and I hope it comes to fruition.

By the way, if the reasoning holds true that only players on winning teams should be allowed to play in the All Star game, then neither Griffin nor Love nor both should make it in. The Warriors have a better record than both of those teams and if their players make it and Monta doesn't, I can see a huge conspiracy taking place and maybe some restructuring of the All Star player choosing process. I know for sure that Blake will get in because of all the highlight dunks, so let the conspiracy theories begin hehe. Also, Monta has just as many, if not more highlight plays this year than Griffin does, the problem is Monta's are 90% under the rim and Blakes are 90% over the rim, that is why he will get voted in by the fans.

Your logic is flawed because Monta and Blake do not play the same position.

sf-fanatic
01-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Your logic is flawed because Monta and Blake do not play the same position.

I dont think its flawed. The simple argument people are saying Monta shouldn't be an all star because he plays for a losing team. Blake and Love also play for losing teams that are worse than the warriors. I'm against the idea that players on losing teams shouldn't make the playoffs.

Unless the poster said, there should be no SG from a losing team, the logic isn't flawed.

robbnen#31
01-20-2011, 08:37 PM
It would be beneficial for the Warriors to trade Monta Ellis, but he is playing like an all star this year. If you have ever read the Warriors forum, you would know how shocking the bolded part of this post is, coming from me.

Chronz
01-20-2011, 08:40 PM
I dont think its flawed. The simple argument people are saying Monta shouldn't be an all star because he plays for a losing team. Blake and Love also play for losing teams that are worse than the warriors. I'm against the idea that players on losing teams shouldn't make the playoffs.

Unless the poster said, there should be no SG from a losing team, the logic isn't flawed.

LOL its flawed because the competition at their positions arent the same and FYI its not broken down by PG/SG its just straight GUARD. You can only make the team at the position you play. The competition Monta has to face to make the team at G is crowded compared to the shortage of quality F's/Bigs.

If you look at the competition for Monta there are several quality Guards with just as worthy production only on winning teams. Besides the fact that Blake is a better player on his own, there is a severe shortage of F putting up Blakes stats so hes much more likely to make the team. Comprende?

Hawkeye15
01-20-2011, 09:19 PM

He shouldn't be an all star because there are plenty of G's ahead of him out west. That is why.

The_Mac22
01-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Monta is the best player in the league. By far.

Giraffes Rule
01-20-2011, 09:37 PM

Lloyd Christmas
01-20-2011, 11:33 PM

Yeah right bro. Give me a break. This is the order of best players.

Vlad
Udoh
Monta
The NBA

xxplayerxx23
01-20-2011, 11:51 PM
I dont know whats not to love. He scores assist and steals. He is an allstar and an elite player. And they have a shot for that 8 seed, its up for grabs in the west.

SouthSideRookie
01-20-2011, 11:57 PM

:facepalm:

xxplayerxx23
01-21-2011, 12:03 AM

Your funny. Real funny.

LMAO!

I hope your kidding Nash isnt having a good season. I think nash is better then gordan but no where near westbrook monta this year.. Its close between manu.
Ill go westbrook vs nash and monta vs nash
Ok first westbrook
Nash leads westbrok by 2.5 assit per game and about 5 on ellis
In scoring ellis 25.9 westbrook 22.2 nash 17.1 steals ellis 2.3 and westbrok 1.9 nash i cant even find Ellis and westbrook also know how to rebound. Nash is not better then them this year,

GSwarriors4LIFE
01-21-2011, 12:25 AM
JJ and K-Mart

Monta is #6

Monta #6??? I take it you are either a laker or Kobe fan, did you not see the last warriors lakers game? Ok lakers barely won, but monta took the challenge of going toe to toe with Kobe (who looked like he was in playoff mode in the regular season) and brought the fire out of him which is hard to do in the regular season yet alone against the WARRIORS!!! Open your eyes son he's the real deal.

IBleedPurple
01-21-2011, 01:06 AM
He's a chucker, just a pretty good one. Nothing more

TrueFan420
01-21-2011, 01:09 AM

thats what people said about AI before the draft and look how good he turned out

asandhu23
01-21-2011, 01:19 AM

do you ever watch Warriors play? You seem like a guy who sees someone else's ******** here and then just chucks that ******** to other people to seem smart.

AddiX
01-21-2011, 01:35 AM
Monta cares about Monta and that's it. Amazing scorer, terrible team player. I don't even think I ever see him look at Curry unless he wants the ball.

asandhu23
01-21-2011, 01:57 AM
Monta cares about Monta and that's it. Amazing scorer, terrible team player. I don't even think I ever see him look at Curry unless he wants the ball.

really? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ-xEB5A6n4

0:20

asandhu23
01-21-2011, 01:59 AM
If you need more proof Addix, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkt7WCaCypo

Allstar21
01-21-2011, 02:05 AM
ummm....ive been watching a lot of warrior games and monta is a chucker in the last few seconds of the shot clock....which isnt really a chucker....yes he puts up a lot of bad shots, but noone else on that team wants the ball with 7 seconds or less on the shot clock

he has improved a ton over last year (which could be bcuz nelson isnt there anymore) and he could be a legit all-star if his team was better. i still think they are over-playing him...but with a bench that bad who else are they gonna play

when monta plays the same minutes as kobe, wade, manu then he will become more efficient. every game i watch it seems like everyone else on the warriors just looks to monta to make plays when it counts....monta leads the league YET AGAIN in minutes played....how bad would a coach have to be to put a "selfish" player on the floor for that long (not to mention dorell, his teammate, is #6 in minutes played)

GSwarriors4LIFE
01-21-2011, 02:05 AM

Monta cares about winning, he can't help it if he torches teams and scores so easily. Have you even seen a warriors game this season? Monta literally carries this team on his back and yes he does look for curry and others when they are in position to score, hence the 5 assist a game.

Allstar21
01-21-2011, 02:11 AM
FG% -47%
3pt - 40%
FT - 75%

not bad numbers for a very high volume shooter....although his ft's need to improve

asandhu23
01-21-2011, 02:13 AM
ummm....ive been watching a lot of warrior games and monta is a chucker in the last few seconds of the shot clock....which isnt really a chucker....yes he puts up a lot of bad shots, but noone else on that team wants the ball with 7 seconds or less on the shot clock

he has improved a ton over last year (which could be bcuz nelson isnt there anymore) and he could be a legit all-star if his team was better. i still think they are over-playing him...but with a bench that bad who else are they gonna play

when monta plays the same minutes as kobe, wade, manu then he will become more efficient. every game i watch it seems like everyone else on the warriors just looks to monta to make plays when it counts....monta leads the league YET AGAIN in minutes played....how bad would a coach have to be to put a "selfish" player on the floor for that long (not to mention dorell, his teammate, is #6 in minutes played)

see? there are smart people on this forum. excellent post.

Allstar21
01-21-2011, 02:18 AM
FG% -47%
3pt - 40%
FT - 75%

not bad numbers for a very high volume shooter....although his ft's need to improve

lets see
monta
47%/40%/75%

Lebron
47%/35%/77%

Wade
49%/30%/74%

Kobe
45%/31%/81%

Durant
46%/32%/88%

Rose
45%/38%/80%

Eric Gordon
47%/35%/81%

But monta is a chucker right?

asandhu23
01-21-2011, 02:32 AM
lets see
monta
47%/40%/75%
Lebron
47%/35%/77%
Wade
49%/30%/74%
Kobe
45%/31%/81%
Durant
46%/32%/88%
Rose
45%/38%/80%
Eric Gordon
47%/35%/81%

these guys won't like to admit it but they are casual fans. Look at Durant's case. The guy shoots the same amount of Field Goals with pretty much the same percentage and averages half the assists. he just happens to have a better team and makes the playoffs and everyone calls him a superstar.

pd1dish
01-21-2011, 02:38 AM
Everyone says Monta turns the ball over way too much. I would like to challenge that thought. For one, Monta isn't even in the top 10(most) this season in turnovers. Also, Monta is among the league leaders in minutes played (40+), so if you adjust his turnover rate to per 48 minutes, he isn't even in the top 50 and has less turnovers that some star guards like Kobe, Lebron, Rose.

yes but he doesnt have the ball in his hands as much as guys like kobe, lebron, and rose. these guys will have command of the ball for 60-65% of the time they are on offense. they actually run the team and almost every offensive play is run through them and commanded by them. they are trying to spread the ball around by making nice passes. when it is your duty to spread the ball around, you are going to have more turnovers. if you are a SG who pretty much just tries to create for himself and you are still getting 3.5 turnovers per game, that is a problem.

while monta may have less turnovers per game than those guys, his assist to turnover ratio is lower or the other guys just demand the ball more.

Ellis: 1.75
D Will: 2.88
CP3: 3.59
Nash:3.11

if turning the ball over at a lower rate than some other guys is your argument, it still doesnt work. he still turns the ball over at a higher rate when compared to how many assists you bring along with those turnovers. all three of those guys made the all star game and deservingly. they are much better than ellis

pd1dish
01-21-2011, 02:41 AM
1. He doesn't get attention because he doesn't whore himself out to big *** companies like Nike. In fact, he rejected a Nike contract he was given this summer for And 1 which he has always supported.

2. Monta takes a lot of shots to get his points... hmm. wait a sec. What about All Star chucker Kevin Durant who chucked 0.5 shots per game less than Ellis this year? Notice the fact he has a lower FG percentage than Ellis this year and that's with the so called huge size advantage he has over other SFs. Also notice that Ellis averages a lot more assists than that so called All Star. 5.6 to 2.9.

of course this is going to piss a lot of you casual fans up. truth is Ellis has a really terrible team and one man can not do it alone. Durant has a much better team and he can get away with chucking because his team mates can play and Ellis can't because his team ( usually the bench ) loses the games for him

it doesnt matter what he does compared to durant. they play two different positions. it wouldnt matter if durant received a total of 10 votes. ellis still wouldnt be in the all star game because there are too many other guards that are much better than him.

and see my post directly before this one and i explain his assist to turnover ratio and its not very good.

pd1dish
01-21-2011, 02:44 AM

Your funny. Real funny.

LMAO!

idk if you realize that everyone on that list was a SG. i also dont know if you realize that nash is a PG

Monta is beast
01-21-2011, 02:44 AM
It was a waste of time bro. Your going to get a bunch of fans that think every player on there team is better then LeBron James.

Monta is beast
01-21-2011, 02:46 AM
yes but he doesnt have the ball in his hands as much as guys like kobe, lebron, and rose. these guys will have command of the ball for 60-65% of the time they are on offense. they actually run the team and almost every offensive play is run through them and commanded by them. they are trying to spread the ball around by making nice passes. when it is your duty to spread the ball around, you are going to have more turnovers. if you are a SG who pretty much just tries to create for himself and you are still getting 3.5 turnovers per game, that is a problem.

while monta may have less turnovers per game than those guys, his assist to turnover ratio is lower or the other guys just demand the ball more.

if turning the ball over at a lower rate than some other guys is your argument, it still doesnt work. he still turns the ball over at a higher rate when compared to how many assists you bring along with those turnovers. all three of those guys made the all star game and deservingly. they are much better than ellis

You do realize that all those players are PG's right, and that Ellis is a SG? Of couse he is not going to have a great assist to turnover ratio. He is a scorer bro. Learn ur b-ball

Monta is beast
01-21-2011, 02:47 AM
lets see
monta
47%/40%/75%

Lebron
47%/35%/77%

Wade
49%/30%/74%

Kobe
45%/31%/81%

Durant
46%/32%/88%

Rose
45%/38%/80%

Eric Gordon
47%/35%/81%

Finally someone with some common sense.

Monta is beast
01-21-2011, 02:51 AM

That shows how little you know about what you are talking about. Have you watched any Warriors games this year? 1, 2, 3 max right. Watch every game and tell me he's a chucker when he drives to the lane 70% of the time & the other 30% is an mid-range jumpshot. Shooting 47% from the field yet he is chucking up bad shots. I dont know if you know this, but guards dont usually shoot up near 50%.

MackShock
01-21-2011, 05:04 AM
That shows how little you know about what you are talking about. Have you watched any Warriors games this year? 1, 2, 3 max right. Watch every game and tell me he's a chucker when he drives to the lane 70% of the time & the other 30% is an mid-range jumpshot. Shooting 47% from the field yet he is chucking up bad shots. I dont know if you know this, but guards dont usually shoot up near 50%.

Monta is beasting right now..nobody knows about him cuz theyre too busy swinging from Blake Griffins sack.

GSRaider
01-21-2011, 05:19 AM
lets see
monta
47%/40%/75%

Lebron
47%/35%/77%

Wade
49%/30%/74%

Kobe
45%/31%/81%

Durant
46%/32%/88%

Rose
45%/38%/80%

Eric Gordon
47%/35%/81%

This... Good post

bigmac8675
01-21-2011, 05:43 AM
lets see
monta
47%/40%/75%

Lebron
47%/35%/77%

Wade
49%/30%/74%

Kobe
45%/31%/81%

Durant
46%/32%/88%

Rose
45%/38%/80%

Eric Gordon
47%/35%/81%

Couldn't have put it better myself. Monta is tearing it up this year... and he is a lot less selfish than in years past. His maturity level is much higher now as well.

Chronz
01-21-2011, 05:46 AM
lets see
monta
47%/40%/75%

Lebron
47%/35%/77%

Wade
49%/30%/74%

Kobe
45%/31%/81%

Durant
46%/32%/88%

Rose
45%/38%/80%

Eric Gordon
47%/35%/81%

Most of those guys are still more efficient or bring alot more to the table aside from their scoring.

these guys won't like to admit it but they are casual fans. Look at Durant's case. The guy shoots the same amount of Field Goals with pretty much the same percentage and averages half the assists. he just happens to have a better team and makes the playoffs and everyone calls him a superstar.
Look deeper, his Pts Per Possession is actually higher and he started off slow. Hes also significantly more important to his team on the defensive end.

Monta #6??? I take it you are either a laker or Kobe fan, did you not see the last warriors lakers game? Ok lakers barely won, but monta took the challenge of going toe to toe with Kobe (who looked like he was in playoff mode in the regular season) and brought the fire out of him which is hard to do in the regular season yet alone against the WARRIORS!!! Open your eyes son he's the real deal.
You make too much of one game besides, all I saw was a guy who was incapable of defending Kobe and able to catch fire after sucking hard against him earlier in the season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-21-2011, 07:05 AM

oh....I forgot Eric Gordon

Monta falls to #7

sf-fanatic
01-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Most of those guys are still more efficient or bring alot more to the table aside from their scoring.

Look deeper, his Pts Per Possession is actually higher and he started off slow. Hes also significantly more important to his team on the defensive end.

You make too much of one game besides, all I saw was a guy who was incapable of defending Kobe and able to catch fire after sucking hard against him earlier in the season.

I agree you can't compare Monta to Durant because Durant is definitely the most efficient scorer and maybe the most efficient player in the NBA. Monta is far from that, but isn't at the low level of efficiency that PSD perceives Monta to be either.

Monta didn't catch fire that game, hes a natural scorer that has the ability to drop 30 every game.

In Montas defense, Kobe may possibly be the best player ever and I don't think anyone can stop him when he wants to score. Kobe will win that matchup 9/10 times.

sf-fanatic
01-21-2011, 08:03 AM

You do realize the Monta is in the top 10 of USG rate right? And ahead of CP3 and Nash. I don't think the USG rate of him compared to Lebron, Kobe, and Rose is significant enough to say Ellis turnover rate is alarming. I never hear people say that about Kobe or Rose either. You can't compare him to a group of point guards either. That's unfair.

Doesn't everyone try to make "nice" passes?

Monta averages almost 6 assists a game too, although his AST/TO ratio needs to improve.

Agree with last statement.

millerandco
01-21-2011, 08:51 AM
true he should be in the allstar game

caseyv415
01-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Im a W's fan and used to hate Monta, called him poison, prayed for a trade.. This year though the kid has evolved into something special, he is insanely talented and just as much fun to watch as Blake Griffen hands down.
No Doubt he deserves an all-star nod, but Oakland is the most hated underappreciated organization in the league, so sadly enough as deserving as he is, he wont make the all-star roster.

caseyv415
01-21-2011, 10:10 AM
FG% -47%
3pt - 40%
FT - 75%

Truth- Monta's game is flawless, except at the free throw line.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Truth- Monta's game is flawless, except at the free throw line.

that's laughable

Niro
01-21-2011, 10:42 AM
that's laughable

on offense he is right

he gambles a bit too much on d when he trys to get steals and is a bit undersized for a true 2 but besides that he is great

Chronz
01-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I agree you can't compare Monta to Durant because Durant is definitely the most efficient scorer and maybe the most efficient player in the NBA. Monta is far from that, but isn't at the low level of efficiency that PSD perceives Monta to be either.
Why do we have to label him an All-Star to respect the guy? Isnt it enough to say he has All-Star potential?

Monta didn't catch fire that game, hes a natural scorer that has the ability to drop 30 every game.

Which is why he sucked hard their first meeting. I would expect a player in his role to eventually go off against the Lakers considering he played pathetically prior to that meeting. What matters is the players consistency throughout the season, one meeting against Kobe doesnt say anything more about him than the first one did.

In Montas defense, Kobe may possibly be the best player ever
Thats a piss poor start to his defense considering even if what your saying was true (which it most definitely isnt), hes not what he used to be and is currently playing at a level no where near the best of all time.

and I don't think anyone can stop him when he wants to score. Kobe will win that matchup 9/10 times.
Its not about winning the matchup, its about holding your own defensively. I agree Monta will lose 9/10 from a defensive standpoint but thats precisely the point. He just doesnt have the physical tools to be a standout defender against elite SG's. Which is why he will always be held in lower regard unless he does become a Durant like scorer.

Chronz
01-21-2011, 12:56 PM
on offense he is right

he gambles a bit too much on d when he trys to get steals and is a bit undersized for a true 2 but besides that he is great
Thats laughable

AddiX
01-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Monta cares about winning, he can't help it if he torches teams and scores so easily. Have you even seen a warriors game this season? Monta literally carries this team on his back and yes he does look for curry and others when they are in position to score, hence the 5 assist a game.

He's my favorite player in the NBA, I watch as many games as are on TV.

5 Assist a game for a starter who has the ball as often as him and can dominate the way he does is peanuts.

It's pretty clear when he gets the ball, most of his teammates knows hes going for it. It's clear he wants to be a superstar and has the talent, he just doesn't have a damn clue how to win games and make his teammates better.

Shkelqim
01-21-2011, 02:27 PM
I think when he lied about his injury 2 years ago, i lost his respect

asandhu23
01-21-2011, 02:40 PM
I think when he lied about his injury 2 years ago, i lost his respect

what would you have done if you had just signed a mega contract and pretty much in the same week destroyed your ankle in a moped accident which could have voided that contract because it is against NBA's rules?

sep11ie
01-21-2011, 02:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV8vB1BB2qc&feature=artistob&playnext=1&list=TLcf3XmDPmstE

Rivera
01-21-2011, 02:51 PM
monta is a beast on offense...i love watching him play i cant front i love watching monta play

hes exciting he runs up and down the floor....at times he takes some :confused: shots but its part of what makes monta great

farren.louis
01-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Yeah monte is a beast he's been 1 for the last 3yrs he should have been an all-star plus NO1 can stop him (not from g.s) jus sayin

GSwarriors4LIFE
01-21-2011, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=Chronz;16402602]Look deeper, his Pts Per Possession is actually higher and he started off slow. Hes also significantly more important to his team on the defensive end.

Yes pts per poss. might be higher but he is nothing special on the defensive end. Ellis average 3.2 TO's per game, oh wait so does KD, 1 block per game (cmon durant use that length), doesn't like to pass (2.9. Assist) which is not bad (9th among SF) but if he is supposed to be the next "superstar" that gullable NBA fans like you praise him as he also needs to take his entire game to the next level. My points is I guess any player can be critiqued to death or we can just enjoy exciting players who know how to ball.[QUOTE]

sf-fanatic
01-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Why do we have to label him an All-Star to respect the guy? Isnt it enough to say he has All-Star potential?

Which is why he sucked hard their first meeting. I would expect a player in his role to eventually go off against the Lakers considering he played pathetically prior to that meeting. What matters is the players consistency throughout the season, one meeting against Kobe doesnt say anything more about him than the first one did.

Thats a piss poor start to his defense considering even if what your saying was true (which it most definitely isnt), hes not what he used to be and is currently playing at a level no where near the best of all time.

Its not about winning the matchup, its about holding your own defensively. I agree Monta will lose 9/10 from a defensive standpoint but thats precisely the point. He just doesnt have the physical tools to be a standout defender against elite SG's. Which is why he will always be held in lower regard unless he does become a Durant like scorer.

Actually, the warriors got blown out twice in Staples, so I don't know which game you are talking about, but in the first game at Staples, Monta had a decent game. In the second game, Monta kept Kobe in check holding him to 7/16 shooting, although the game was a blowout so that might be why Kobe wasn't more assertive. Monta wasn't the reason why the warriors lost that game though. The warriors played without David Lee, so the warriors had Vlad and Brandon Wright guarding Gasol so he went 10/10 and 8/8 from the line for 28 with 9 reb 5 assists and 4 blocks...Talk about an efficient game and filling up the stat sheet

Tony_Starks
01-21-2011, 05:15 PM
For whatever reason there seems to be no middle of the fence on Monta, people either love him or hate him. I happen to have a lot of appreciation for his game, he's doing his thing. Not to mention he's improved on his range and is proving he can coexist and be productive with Curry which alotta people said he wouldn't be able to do.

Allstar in my book, just wish the Warriors had a better record to warrant it. But thats not his bad, their coach has some very weird substitution patterns to say the least. At times its almost like Don Nelson is phoning in the subs from his boozed up retirement......

dodgersuck
01-21-2011, 05:32 PM
I <3 Monta

TheLaRagers
01-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Monta owns!

GSwarriors4LIFE
01-21-2011, 05:34 PM
For whatever reason there seems to be no middle of the fence on Monta, people either love him or hate him. I happen to have a lot of appreciation for his game, he's doing his thing. Not to mention he's improved on his range and is proving he can coexist and be productive with Curry which alotta people
said he wouldn't be able to do.

Allstar in my book, just wish the Warriors had a better record to warrant it. But thats not his bad, their coach has some very weird substitution patterns to say the least. At times its almost like Don Nelson is phoning in the subs from his boozed up retirement......

After reading alot of posts I have to agree with you that people either love or hate him. Maybe people still envision him as a "thuggish" "selfish" player who cannot help a team win, which is the complete opposite of what he really is. I just think the majority of people who dislike the guy are those who did not watch him grow into the player he has become. People need to realize this is really the first year the team is his and there is no doubt he is the leader(last year the curry Ellis debate was still strong) and look the team is in the hunt for the eight seed and have been playing decent ball all year.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2011, 05:40 PM
^Very true. Any time I hear something like "thug" or "selfish" I just stop reading the post. That already tells me that people have a problem with him or agenda thats not basketball related. But as a player he has really grown into his own. Kobe gave him mad love and high praise when they played.

DwayneMVPwade
01-21-2011, 05:42 PM
I voted for him for the all star game, he is one of my fav players. I love explosive and quick guards.

Infamous916
01-21-2011, 05:55 PM
East coast bias.

Nobody cares to recognize any teams out west unless they are called the lakers

Chronz
01-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Actually, the warriors got blown out twice in Staples, so I don't know which game you are talking about, but in the first game at Staples, Monta had a decent game. In the second game, Monta kept Kobe in check holding him to 7/16 shooting, although the game was a blowout so that might be why Kobe wasn't more assertive. Monta wasn't the reason why the warriors lost that game though. The warriors played without David Lee, so the warriors had Vlad and Brandon Wright guarding Gasol so he went 10/10 and 8/8 from the line for 28 with 9 reb 5 assists and 4 blocks...Talk about an efficient game and filling up the stat sheet
I was talking about the pathetic showing in the game prior to this one.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201010310LAL.html

This should refresh your memory

I'm Seriously
01-21-2011, 06:18 PM
I hope your kidding Nash isnt having a good season. I think nash is better then gordan but no where near westbrook monta this year.. Its close between manu.
Ill go westbrook vs nash and monta vs nash
Ok first westbrook
Nash leads westbrok by 2.5 assit per game and about 5 on ellis
In scoring ellis 25.9 westbrook 22.2 nash 17.1 steals ellis 2.3 and westbrok 1.9 nash i cant even find Ellis and westbrook also know how to rebound. Nash is not better then them this year,

Nash: 17.1/10.9/3.7 on 63.2 TS% in 32.8 MPG

Westbrook: 22.5/8.4/5.0 on 53.4 TS% in 36.1 MPG

Ellis: 25.9/5.6/3.4 on 55.6 TS% in 40.9 MPG

So Nash has been much more efficient then both of them(especially Westbrook)

Is statistically outperforming them, dispite the fact that he plays in less minutes(especially Ellis)

BTW Nash's PER 36 averages are: 18.7/12.0/4.0 on 63.2 TS%, statistically the best PG in the NBA.

But of course he's not having that good of a season.

And if anyone cant rebound among the group it's Ellis.

sf-fanatic
01-21-2011, 07:47 PM
I was talking about the pathetic showing in the game prior to this one.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201010310LAL.html

This should refresh your memory

I see a pathetic showing by David Lee and a team playing without its franchise point guard. Monta wasn't pathetic in this game, the team was.

cargobox
01-21-2011, 07:59 PM
I love you Monta.
Happy?

footballer2369
01-21-2011, 08:22 PM

Giraffes Rule
01-21-2011, 08:57 PM

:facepalm: Saying that Monta Ellis shouldn't make this all star team isn't the same as being a Monta hater.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2011, 09:30 PM

put up huge numbers with high efficiency. And give Kobe the current Warriors roster, when Kobe was in his prime, and they are rolling straight into the playoffs 10/10 times.

asandhu23
01-21-2011, 09:39 PM
put up huge numbers with high efficiency. And give Kobe the current Warriors roster, when Kobe was in his prime, and they are rolling straight into the playoffs 10/10 times.

I call BS. W's have players like Radmanovich, Udoh, Biedrins, Dan Gadzuric. no way in hell they make the playoffs if Kobe had the current Warriors roster minus Ellis. You obviously have no idea how bad the Warriors are.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2011, 09:45 PM
I call BS. W's have players like Radmanovich, Udoh, Biedrins, Dan Gadzuric. no way in hell they make the playoffs if Kobe had the current Warriors roster minus Ellis. You obviously have no idea how bad the Warriors are.

so you list their weakest players to illustrate your point?

You can call BS all you like. Doesn't concern me. You overrated Ellis so badly, I wouldn't expect you to agree.

Chronz
01-21-2011, 09:46 PM

You also have players like Curry, Lee, Wright, Biedrins

You obviously have no idea how great Kobe is compared to Monta. Seriously this post has just about killed the credibility of all Monta supporters, its almost as if you dont know of the garb Kobe has carried to the playoffs. If someone so misinformed can like Monta so much then it makes me question myself for even thinking of him in positive light. I mean how good can he be if you got the AI fan boys loving him?

Chronz
01-21-2011, 09:49 PM
I see a pathetic showing by David Lee and a team playing without its franchise point guard. Monta wasn't pathetic in this game, the team was.
LOL if you cant admit Montas flaws in a game such as this then youve already doomed your argument.

Monta was beyond pathetic, if you have to have everything go right in order for you to perform then your not much of a player. Why not just admit he had a pathetic game and be done with it. It happens to everyone but you dont have to make excuses for it.

Giraffes Rule
01-21-2011, 09:51 PM

Have you seen some of the crappy players the Lakers had in 2004-2005?

http://www.lakersweb.net/lakersroster20042005.htm

The Warriors current roster is much better.

Maroboy925
01-21-2011, 09:51 PM
I think the fact that he is on a bad team proves he deserves to go...he faces double teams alot and still puts up numbers that are top 3 in the league in almost every category....He is 3rd in the league in scoring and could be higher if he got the same superstar calls on fouls , kid get bounced around like a pinball. He deserves to be an all star and if it doesnt happen this year it will soon.

Giraffes Rule
01-21-2011, 09:56 PM
I think the fact that he is on a bad team proves he deserves to go...he faces double teams alot and still puts up numbers that are top 3 in the league in almost every category....He is 3rd in the league in scoring and could be higher if he got the same superstar calls on fouls , kid get bounced around like a pinball. He deserves to be an all star and if it doesnt happen this year it will soon.

Where are you getting your numbers from? Because they're dead ****ing wrong.

asandhu23
01-21-2011, 09:56 PM
so you list their weakest players to illustrate your point?

You can call BS all you like. Doesn't concern me. You overrated Ellis so badly, I wouldn't expect you to agree.

THERE IS NO WARRIORS BENCH. Also Biedrins sucks. He is averaging 6.3 points and 8.8 rebounds per game and a god awful 27 percent FT shooting.

Edit NVM

Hawkeye15
01-21-2011, 09:57 PM

top 3 in what? Per game numbers? Who cares?

And how does being a bad team validate him as an all star? That is the most insane reasoning I can think of.

Ellis may be an all star one day. He has the talent. He just doesn't have the mindframe currently to get out of his own way. Kinda been that way for his entire career. But Kobe and Manu will retire soon enough. That being said, his own teammate will pass right by him as a guard. So Ellis's chances will continue to be fairly slim, especially with the advanced stats movement continuing to gain steam

Hawkeye15
01-21-2011, 09:58 PM
THERE IS NO WARRIORS BENCH. Also Biedrins sucks. He is averaging 6.3 points and 8.8 rebounds per game and a god awful 27 percent FT shooting.

Kobe's worst team was better than this Warriors team.

how old are you? Seriously?

And let's say you are right about Kobe's worst team (which you are far from). Kobe is SO MUCH BETTER than Ellis, he would still lift the current Warriors roster into the playoffs with ease.

Bruno
01-21-2011, 09:59 PM

When Kobe had Radmanovich he was one of the best players on the Lakers!

Kobe had Odom, Walton, Radman, Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Devan George, Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, Aaron McKie, and 20 year old Jordan Farmar.

Ellis has much better supporting cast than Kobe did when he dragged to the Lakers into the playoffs in 2006 and 2007.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2011, 10:05 PM
lets drop the Ellis versus Kobe debate boys. Its a horrible, horrible comparison. Ellis couldn't carry Kobe's jock strap

asandhu23
01-21-2011, 10:08 PM
This season isn't over. Whether or not, Ellis takes the team to playoffs with this roster remains to be seen because this is his first attempt. Hawkeye, you are already assuming Ellis can't take them to playoffs.

Also I have never in my life said that Ellis is better than Kobe, so stop assuming that BS.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2011, 10:14 PM
This season isn't over. Whether or not, Ellis takes the team to playoffs with this roster remains to be seen because this is his first attempt. Hawkeye, you are already assuming Ellis can't take them to playoffs.

Also I have never in my life said that Ellis is better than Kobe, so stop assuming that BS.

If the Warriors go to the playoffs, it won't be because Ellis leads them there. Not unless he just figures out suddenly how to produce numbers that benefit his team.

You replied to a reply of mine from another user. Never said you said anything. But the comparison needed to die quickly. Its an insult to Kobe quite frankly.

Chronz
01-21-2011, 10:16 PM

LOL you implied it by assuming Kobe couldnt make the playoffs with his team and are now reaffirming by saying Monta could still theoretically accomplish that goal.

Also we're assuming it because of what you said or did you forget you said "you obviously have no idea how BAD the W's are".

The truth is Kobe would possibly challenge for HCA with this team much less make the playoffs. Such is the impact of a TRUE star

Maroboy925
01-21-2011, 10:23 PM
I find it funny that people are comparing him to kobe/manu/nash/etc....all of which are regarded as some of the best players in the league but yet he has no chance of being an allstar...lol. Its just sad that its based on popularity and not play. Other than kobe because he is one of the best players in the league and a future hall of gamer....if you put any of the other players mentioned on the warriors and they would have no where near the numbers or allstar appearances. Same for monta if you put him on the spurs/lakers/suns he would be regarded as one of the elite players in the league and would already have several allstar appearaces.

SugeKnight
01-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Wow, asandhu23, shut up. You are making warrior fans look bad.

To answer the OPs question, "Can Monta Get Some Love????"

Obviously, the answer is no, he cant get any love.

Leave it at that

Chronz
01-21-2011, 10:30 PM
I find it funny that people are comparing him to kobe/manu/nash/etc....all of which are regarded as some of the best players in the league but yet he has no chance of being an allstar...lol. Its just sad that its based on popularity and not play. Other than kobe because he is one of the best players in the league and a future hall of gamer....if you put any of the other players mentioned on the warriors and they would have no where near the numbers or allstar appearances. Same for monta if you put him on the spurs/lakers/suns he would be regarded as one of the elite players in the league and would already have several allstar appearaces.

Im pretty sure the reason hes being compared to them is because those are the players hes competing against for the All-Star bid. How else would you remove him from the equation but by showing how he falls short in comparison to their accomplishments.

And I strongly disagree with your theories

Giraffes Rule
01-21-2011, 10:31 PM

People are comparing him to those players because that's his competition for an all-star spot...

sf-fanatic
01-21-2011, 11:23 PM
LOL if you cant admit Montas flaws in a game such as this then youve already doomed your argument.

Monta was beyond pathetic, if you have to have everything go right in order for you to perform then your not much of a player. Why not just admit he had a pathetic game and be done with it. It happens to everyone but you dont have to make excuses for it.

stop using LOL's and LMAO's to begin your post. First off, it is kind of ignorant and your basketball knowledge may be superior to most in this forum (probably true as i agree with most of your posts), however it does not mean that your posts or stats are much more meaningful than others in this forum. Every stat is flawed in a way, and we ALL nit pick stats to prove our point. It is to whatever degree we choose to nit pick to that our argument begins to be false.

If you are indeed LOLING and LMAOING at these posts, then I don't know why I am debating with you about this. I know we have differences regarding the Monta topic. No where did I say he is close to Kobe or what not.

How is this a pathetic game for Monta? He went 9/20 scored 20 with a couple assists and rebounds. Only bad stat he had was the 4 turnovers. We played without our starting PG who happens to be #38 in USG rate in the nba. And David lee decided to suck that game too. Warriors don't need everything right to win, but playing at Staples and without their starting PG and playing a more talented team (might be the best in the NBA), they probably need more going for them than other games.

I mean, let's see how Utah's offense runs without Williams or PHX without Nash, or even New Orleans without CP3. It won't be pretty. Curry is not the level of those players, but I'm just using examples of teams playing without a PG which might be one of the most positions in the NBA.

Was this loss all on Monta? No

Should Monta take more blame for the loss than other players such as Wright and Biedrins? Yes, because he is the leader, but he was in no way pathetic.

Only thing pathetic about this game for Monta is that he didn't score 30+ like he almost avergaged the past 2 months.

I honestly, dont understand how Monta was pathetic for this game. I'm trying to look at it both sides and asked a couple people who are not warrior fans and they gave me this look :confused:. Are your expectations that high? As a warrior fan, expectations may be lower because we haven't done **** in 17 years.

I mean, I'm even tempted to post a thread on PSD about to see if that game is "beyond pathetic," but I won't because its not allowed.

The Prodigy
01-21-2011, 11:52 PM
If Monta is so horrible then who is the Warriors best player??

asandhu23
01-22-2011, 12:19 AM
If Monta is so horrible then who is the Warriors best player??

here come people with either Stephen Curry or David Lee. David Lee is understandable... Curry? no.

Bornknick73
01-22-2011, 12:44 AM
I think the Knicks shoulda gave Monta some love when we traded Lee. Turiaf is good but Id give back all 3 of those guys for Monta I dont care how many shots he takes.

Chronz
01-22-2011, 12:53 AM
stop using LOL's and LMAO's to begin your post. First off, it is kind of ignorant and your basketball knowledge may be superior to most in this forum (probably true as i agree with most of your posts), however it does not mean that your posts or stats are much more meaningful than others in this forum. Every stat is flawed in a way, and we ALL nit pick stats to prove our point. It is to whatever degree we choose to nit pick to that our argument begins to be false.

If you are indeed LOLING and LMAOING at these posts, then I don't know why I am debating with you about this. I know we have differences regarding the Monta topic. No where did I say he is close to Kobe or what not.

How is this a pathetic game for Monta? He went 9/20 scored 20 with a couple assists and rebounds. Only bad stat he had was the 4 turnovers.

My fault I posted the wrong link, I meant to post the game where he sucked. Im sorry for the outburst but cmon you gotta admit that was a ****** game.

sf-fanatic
01-22-2011, 01:16 AM
My fault I posted the wrong link, I meant to post the game where he sucked. Im sorry for the outburst but cmon you gotta admit that was a ****** game.

Yeah, i saw both box scores and was surprised you posted the game where he posted a decent game and just didn't mention the one where he played horribly. I was confused how he played horribly the game he went 9/20. I agree he played horribly and was pretty pathetic the game you meant to refer to.

Apologize accepted.

Regarding Monta:
I just think us warrior fans have lower standards than the rest of the fans because of the past 15 years. While Monta is playing like a superstar according to warrior fans, he is playing like an all star in everyone else eyes. Monta might be the best thing for the warriors lately (besides We Believe team), and we will appreciate it. I think everyone is very critical of him because of the expectations he set after his first 3 years in the league. People thought he would improve faster and become a superstar, but it hasn't happened yet for a number of reasons (coaching, moped, maturity, curry situation, biedrins lack of progress, etc). He may get there, he may not, but time will tell. Although, we can't deny he is a pretty damn good player right now.

Legitimate
01-22-2011, 02:00 AM
Monta Ellis is a beast, enough what these haters have to say. I bet if Monta got star calls like most of the nba superstars, he'd easily be considered all star by most of the league..His record is pretty decent considering the talent he has on his team. I bet if they had a legit coach and more overall talent on that team, they could do more damage out in the west. I'm not saying he's a great leader or anything, but i know he's a terrific scorer and can hold his own on the defensive end. He should be a allstar, if he doesn't make it atleast on the bench, chances are i'll lose a lot of interest in the nba, knowing that it's just a popularity contest. His production is leaps and bound past most these scrubs anyway.

sf-fanatic
01-22-2011, 02:09 AM
Anyone see the exact same shot at the same time he did against Indiana?

Sadds The Gr8
01-22-2011, 02:11 AM
Anyone see the exact same shot at the same time he did against Indiana?

i just seen it.....nasty

asandhu23
01-22-2011, 02:13 AM
Can he get the love now? 2 huge clutch shots in a row. OT.

10,001th post *****es!!!

sf-fanatic
01-22-2011, 02:22 AM
Monta clutchness !!!

Someone post a youtube link of todays clutch shot when available.

The_Mac22
01-22-2011, 02:26 AM
Monta beasting yet again.

sf-fanatic
01-22-2011, 02:31 AM
He definitely needs love now since he just got hurt and carried off the court. :facepalm:

SugeKnight
01-22-2011, 02:44 AM
The answer is still no. Monta cannot and will not get any love.

RZZZA
01-22-2011, 02:46 AM
I'll give Monta love, single handedly won the game tonight and made 2 game-winning buzzer beating shots in a row?

Thats deserving of some love

Hawkeye15
01-22-2011, 03:53 AM

A Monta defender brought it up.

And Monta would obviously be better off as a 3-4th option, with his inefficiencies covered. But that doesn't sound like all star material to me.

SugeKnight
01-22-2011, 03:57 AM
If you think he is a 3rd option then you havent seen him play.

4th option is ridiculous. Get off the stats

Hawkeye15
01-22-2011, 04:00 AM
If you think he is a 3rd option then you havent seen him play.

4th option is ridiculous. Get off the stats

when was Monta most effective? Think back dude. As a 3rd option.

SugeKnight
01-22-2011, 04:04 AM
He was very effective as a 3rd option, in 07. its 2011 and he is a much better player.

Just today, he played pretty bad, but he hit a clutch 3 and an even more clutch shot to tie the game and put it in overtime.

He is the leader of the Warriors and he impresses me more and more everyday.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2011, 04:09 AM
He was very effective as a 3rd option, in 07. its 2011 and he is a much better player.

Just today, he played pretty bad, but he hit a clutch 3 and an even more clutch shot to tie the game and put it in overtime.

He is the leader of the Warriors and he impresses me more and more everyday.

regardless of whether YOU think he is a better player today, he was more valuable in 07', as a 3rd option. Please continue to make my point. Monta lovers talk themselves in circles honestly.

asandhu23
01-22-2011, 04:10 AM
when was Monta most effective? Think back dude. As a 3rd option.

you, sir, are a hater. there is no reasoning with you. you are the sports version of a Bible thumper.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2011, 04:15 AM
you, sir, are a hater. there is no reasoning with you. you are the sports version of a Bible thumper.

haters don't provide evidence stating their case. I enjoy watching Monta. He is uber athletic, and makes 1-2 plays a night that blow you away. But over 82 games, he doesn't really help his team do much. Allllllllllllll those points lead nowhere, because it comes at the expense of his team's overall efficiency.

iFYouSeekAmy
01-22-2011, 04:22 AM
No. Monta cannot and will not get any love. it's pretty set now- Monta will never get a stamp of approval. Give up Warrior fans; you're all making us look bad.

SugeKnight
01-22-2011, 04:32 AM
regardless of whether YOU think he is a better player today, he was more valuable in 07', as a 3rd option. Please continue to make my point. Monta lovers talk themselves in circles honestly.

LOOK AT YOUR POSTS. God damn, all you talk about is him being better in 07 and having no win shares, blah blah blah.

IDK or care how many win shares he has, all i know is that he is playing as good as anybody in the league right now.

SugeKnight
01-22-2011, 04:34 AM
No. Monta cannot and will not get any love. it's pretty set now- Monta will never get a stamp of approval. Give up Warrior fans; you're all making us look bad.

I agree. Migrate back to forumdisplay.php?f=51

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-22-2011, 04:47 AM

You gotta be ****ing kidding me:laugh:

Curry/Smush, DWright/BCook, DLee/LO, Biedrins/Kwamay Brown

And Udoh is great plus radmanovic is playing really well with you guys.

Prime Kobe would win 55+ games with this roster easily.

Monta is just inefficient and don't know how to win games.

iFYouSeekAmy
01-22-2011, 04:57 AM
You gotta be ****ing kidding me:laugh:

Curry/Smush, DWright/BCook, DLee/LO, Biedrins/Kwamay Brown

And Udoh is great plus radmanovic is playing really well with you guys.

Prime Kobe would win 55+ games with this roster easily.

Monta is just inefficient and don't know how to win games.

Brown > Biedrins easily.
Odom > Lee, that's my opinion.

Vlad is god, and Udoh is the face of the NBA, remember that.

the bench also includes Gadzuric, Charlie Bell, Reggie, Lin, Law and BWright.
Gadzuric sucks and cannot make point blank put backs. Bell is being payed 5 million to warm up the bench. Reggie is decent, but who else is willing to provide scoring? Lin is in the D-League since he is not NBA ready, and he should gain his confidence (Ivy League to NBA is a HUGE jump).Law is a mediocre player and an okay back-up for Curry, but seriously.. Lol. Bwright is injury-prone and an already established bust.

Sure the starting five for the Warriors are good, but they (not Biedrins) cannot do it by themselves.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-22-2011, 04:57 AM
LOOK AT YOUR POSTS. God damn, all you talk about is him being better in 07 and having no win shares, blah blah blah.

IDK or care how many win shares he has, all i know is that he is playing as good as anybody in the league right now.

You don't care how many wins he produces for your team:confused:

SugeKnight
01-22-2011, 04:59 AM
You don't care how many wins he produces for your team:confused:

Finish reading the sentence. I dont care about the stat.

sf-fanatic
01-22-2011, 05:02 AM
^but u guys got the zen man as coach

unless they had rudy t that year?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-22-2011, 05:08 AM
Finish reading the sentence. I dont care about the stat.

Basically putting up huge stats in huge minutes but with few amount of win shares.

If you like it that way:rolleyes:

SugeKnight
01-22-2011, 05:39 AM
Basically putting up huge stats in huge minutes but with few amount of win shares.

youre basing your entire opinion on win shares. :rolleyes:

shizzle09
01-22-2011, 05:53 AM
listening to people rate basketball players based on stats is comical. Watch the games. If you think Monta is not a beast you're delusional. Very underated player. Give credit where credit is due. Not even a warrior fan but i watch the kid ball night in and night out. Doesnt know how to win games? Have you seen the rest of the team? Curry and Lee havent played anywhere near what they expected. I guess it's Monta's fault those guys are injured half the time and play like **** when they arent. You put Monta on New York or Chicago he's the next coming of christ. Believe that. People are just hating because he's on the warriors and gets no spotlight.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-22-2011, 07:09 AM
youre basing your entire opinion on win shares. :rolleyes:

Not on win shares only, PER also

eso
01-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Man Monta is one hell of good player but damn how did the Kobe comparisons come about in this thread i mean Monta Vrs Kobe???? no disrespect to Monta but Kobe could beat the guy playing blindfolded.. (like i said no dis on Monta just reality)

Monta is a great player on a bad team he gets elite status when he gets that team somewhere, they have the peices to make some noise just need to get it done (ohhh and tell David Lee to stop padding stats and play some ball, pass that onto Monta and Curry as well)

Crab Dribble!
01-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Man Monta is one hell of good player but damn how did the Kobe comparisons come about in this thread i mean Monta Vrs Kobe???? no disrespect to Monta but Kobe could beat the guy playing blindfolded.. (like i said no dis on Monta just reality)

My guess is that someone brought up the recent Lakers-Warriors game where both Kobe and Monta scored around 38 and the Lakers pulled away late and scraped out a win, and someone equated that to saying that Ellis was as good as Bryant.

mrbtp
01-22-2011, 12:10 PM
definitly monta's game has improved a lot. he HAS to be an All-Star in my book.

0nekhmer
01-22-2011, 04:14 PM
i think it's his attutude and tats that dont appeal to anyone. maybe if he was humble like KD

montazingmvp
01-22-2011, 04:45 PM

basing your entire argument on a flawed and an indefinite stat like win shares is rather amusing

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-22-2011, 04:50 PM
basing your entire argument on a flawed and an indefinite stat like win shares is rather amusing

care to state your reason why it is flawed and indefinite lol?

And You think PPG is by far the best and not flawed stat to use when evaluating a player:laugh2:?

montazingmvp
01-22-2011, 04:53 PM

seriously? i mean i don't doubt the stat has its merits.

but there is no way to possibly, 100% accurately gauge the number of wins a player contributes to the team. There are way too many variables that cannot be measured through stats...

and on top of that, it's also impossible to put a 100% accuracy on how much each stat that is being gauged contributes to a teams success. how much more important is grabbing a rebounding, than gaining an assist. is a block more important than drawing a foul...so on

montazingmvp
01-22-2011, 04:56 PM

And You think PPG is by far the best and not flawed stat to use when evaluating a player:laugh2:?

when did i ever say anything about ppg

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-22-2011, 05:10 PM
when did i ever say anything about ppg

Seems like Warriors fans only care how much points Monta racks up.

montazingmvp
01-22-2011, 05:13 PM

nope, maybe some, not the one's that know a thing or two about basketball

Hawkeye15
01-22-2011, 05:43 PM

where did I bring up win shares? Monta WAS better in 07', as a third option with a large PG and defensive SF who could cover him on one end, and lowered his usage to the point he was actually contributing to wins with his attempts.

Playing as well as anyone in the league right now? Are you serious? synergy tells us he is #113 in offensive production, and #116 in defensive production.

Now, those are for efficiency only. When you start taking role players or situational players out, it leaves about 20 players who are still playing better than Monta is.

You guys are so ridiculous with your homerism. You crap on stats that dig much deeper than those posted from a high paced, high minute, high shot volume player, and have no understanding of how to even read general stats.

Watching Monta gives us even more evidence. He can score at will, but goes through 5-6 up and down plays per game where you have no clue what he is thinking, and those possessions doom his team.

I apologize that you continue not to like Chronz's, Tredigs, ManRam, or any of our opinions on Monta not being elite. But if you or asandhu don't like the answers, then move on to a different player.

sf-fanatic
01-22-2011, 06:01 PM

Or how many buzzer beaters he hits in the 4th quarter :D

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2011, 07:21 AM
Monta had a terrible game last night

Hawkeye15
01-23-2011, 07:33 AM

well their best player had a nice game though

asandhu23
01-23-2011, 07:36 AM

he was playing with a rolled ankle.

bklynny67
01-26-2011, 02:08 AM
Monta won't and shouldn't be an allstar this year

bigmac8675
01-26-2011, 02:56 AM
Monta won't and shouldn't be an allstar this year

Ignorance at its finest....

He deserves to be an allstar... but I do agree that he won't make it, due to the teams record and the lack of media attention the Warriors get.

Giraffes Rule
01-26-2011, 03:04 AM
Ignorance at its finest....

He deserves to be an allstar... but I do agree that he won't make it, due to the teams record and the lack of media attention the Warriors get.

No, he doesn't deserve to be an all star. He's not an efficient scorer, he doesn't help his team win, and there are better guards on better teams who deserve to be all stars.

bklynny67
01-26-2011, 03:16 AM
No, he doesn't deserve to be an all star. He's not an efficient scorer, he doesn't help his team win, and there are better guards on better teams who deserve to be all stars.

100% agee

he will not and should not be an allstar

asandhu23
01-26-2011, 03:16 AM

that is why those guards win and Ellis doesn't. Better teams makes a huge difference.

anyway why the **** is this thread back up again? we already know "Monta Haters" aren't going to change their opinion and Monta Fans aren't going to change theirs.

ellesmeire
01-26-2011, 03:29 AM
he has been very good this year, but I'll repeat what I told my friend who si a die hard Warrior fan, there are jsut too many good G's in the west...in the east you can make a real good argument for him to make the team...but you have Deron Williams/CP3/Nash/Kobe/Westbrook/Ginobli and then add Monta in there, at best hes #5 behind westbrook/kobe/cp3/dwill, the warriors being under .500 doesnt help matters

Hawkeye15
01-26-2011, 09:24 AM
this thread is going in circles. Closed