Y2JOrdan
01-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Blake!

avrpatsfan
01-20-2011, 12:30 AM
This is a close one but Griffin.

MrfadeawayJB
01-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Griffin has a upside through the roof, i hope he makes the allstar team over Love so i can see some highlight dunks!

drobe86
01-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Not even Close Griffin. Griffin actually impacts the game and can lead his team to wins lol.. he doesn't just put up empty stats... They've competed at a very high level in the the month of January.

AddiX
01-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Love = most over-rated stat stuffer in the NBA. He can produce, but he can't handle the real stars. He's not a #1 or #2 on a good team.

MiKE-THE-FUTURE
01-20-2011, 12:40 AM
Love gots 8points
Griffin gots 19points

Go Blake, guy is sucha beast

What?
01-20-2011, 12:41 AM
I think the OP is talking about the Clippers Minnesota game today and Love vs Griffin today not careers

MiKE-THE-FUTURE
01-20-2011, 12:44 AM
WOW, It's halftime and love doesn't even have a rebound

NYtilIdie
01-20-2011, 12:49 AM
Love held without a rebound, DAMN!

B.Gizzle is just too much for Love.

cargobox
01-20-2011, 12:50 AM
Eric Gordon just got injured, WTF

Supa
01-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Is Griffin trying to prove something here? Kevin Love has no rebound in the 1st half!

---

Hawkeye15
01-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Love = most over-rated stat stuffer in the NBA. He can produce, but he can't handle the real stars. He's not a #1 or #2 on a good team.

please attempt to explain that. And be insightful, so we don't waste our time.

MiKE-THE-FUTURE
01-20-2011, 12:55 AM
I honestly can see Griffin starting on the all-star game

Hawkeye15
01-20-2011, 01:00 AM
Love is an incredible player who will be an multiple time all star, win rebounding crowns, and have statistics that are unreal.

But Griffin, going forward, will probably be the best PF in the NBA within 1-2 years.

I am more than happy with Love, but I would trade him for Griffin in a nanosecond.

tredigs
01-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Love is an incredible player who will be an multiple time all star, win rebounding crowns, and have statistics that are unreal.

But Griffin, going forward, will probably be the best PF in the NBA within 1-2 years.

I am more than happy with Love, but I would trade him for Griffin in a nanosecond.

Ding.

cargobox
01-20-2011, 01:15 AM
please attempt to explain that. And be insightful, so we don't waste our time.

"Whatta scrub he only has 14 rebounds"
Now who doesnt even have a rebound? :rolleyes:

MiKE-THE-FUTURE
01-20-2011, 01:16 AM

Ding Ding

UnWantedTheory
01-20-2011, 01:27 AM
Blake is an amazing athlete, but has to rely on that athleticism to be successful. Love on the other hand, has a better all around game. Love will most likely have a longer career due to the fact he will not have to rely on freakish athleticism. Blake has already had a major injury & is only a "rookie". They both have some upside, but Blake will most likely be less productive later in his career than Love. Also, both are average to below average defenders. Blake better develop much more of a defensive game, & learn to consistently hit that J if he plans to be a "franchise" player. Either way lets face it...two great young talents at around the same age, playing for terrible franchises. I don't see either one being a HOF'er in those situations. As of right now, I would take Love...In 2 years? I will take Blake if he develops as he should.

cargobox
01-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Blake is an amazing athlete, but has to rely on that athleticism to be successful. Love on the other hand, has a better all around game. Love will most likely have a longer career due to the fact he will not have to rely on freakish athleticism. Blake has already had a major injury & is only a "rookie". They both have some upside, but Blake will most likely be less productive later in his career than Love. Also, both are average to below average defenders. Blake better develop much more of a defensive game, & learn to consistently hit that J if he plans to be a "franchise" player. Either way lets face it...two great young talents at around the same age, playing for terrible franchises. I don't see either one being a HOF'er in those situations. As of right now, I would take Love...In 2 years? I will take Blake if he develops as he should.

Didn't you see that 47 pt game? He didn't you athleticism to dunk all the time! IT WAS ALL JUMPSHOTS

Dodgers99
01-20-2011, 01:38 AM
Didn't you see that 47 pt game? He didn't you athleticism to dunk all the time! IT WAS ALL JUMPSHOTS

I wouldn't say "all". Ralph said he made 8 jumpers on 10 attempts, so a good amount for certain.

thekmp211
01-20-2011, 02:00 AM
didnt catch the game but seems like they were very evenly matched. awesome.

SteveNash
01-20-2011, 02:01 AM
Griffin.

tredigs
01-20-2011, 02:06 AM
didnt catch the game but seems like they were very evenly matched. awesome.

Honestly, Blake dominated. The majority of Love's production came in the fourth when BG was sitting and the game was over.

But at the end of the night, another solid/efficient night from them both.

RZZZA
01-20-2011, 02:08 AM
Why did it feel like Clippers shot 100% from 3 and Timbs shot 0% from 3?

Hellcrooner
01-20-2011, 02:10 AM
today?

Love, his health is not under suspicion and has better fundamentals and a larger number of post moves.

if griffin learns that moves then id take him in the future.

for the moment he is just a physical phenomenon that can jump a lot , something that will never impress me if theres nothing more to it.

jmtapia
01-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Griffin

tredigs
01-20-2011, 02:13 AM
today?

Love, his health is not under suspicion and has better fundamentals and a larger number of post moves.

for the moment he is just a physical phenomenon that can jump a lot , something that will never impress me if theres nothing more to it.

The first sign of somebody who only watches Griffin highlights. I can 100% guarantee that you have not watched even 3 Clippers games.

Dodgers99
01-20-2011, 02:14 AM
Why did it feel like Clippers shot 100% from 3 and Timbs shot 0% from 3?

Because the T'Wolves made all of 1 3-ball. To the Clippers 12.

RZZZA
01-20-2011, 02:15 AM
Griffin is amazing and he can shoot too, he can punk people, he's obviously a demon in a man's body the way he dominates on the court.

Because the T'Wolves made all of 1 3-ball. To the Clippers 12.

oh, that's why. ****ing timberwolves, I hate them now.

Hellcrooner
01-20-2011, 02:17 AM
The first sign of somebody who only watches Griffin highlights. I can 100% guarantee that you have not watched even 3 Clippers games.

i can guarantee you that since i try to watch all games with an spaniard in ( lakers, raptors, blazers, grizzlies) i have indeed watched him more than 3 times.

My stance remains.

tredigs
01-20-2011, 02:24 AM
i can guarantee you that since i try to watch all games with an spaniard in ( lakers, raptors, blazers, grizzlies) i have indeed watched him more than 3 times.

My stance remains.

If that's the case (I know it isn't), how do you respond to his ridiculous repertoire of spin moves/up and unders, great ability to draw contact, fade away banks, elite post-passing, and overall absurd basketball IQ (for a rookie or otherwise)?

ElMarroAfamado
01-20-2011, 02:28 AM
today?

haha
:facepalm:
I have watched all of Blakes games and I dont feel like proving you wrong because I am sure something else brainwashed you BUT....watch the game. Kevin Love is like a hybrid of Mark Madsen and Luke Walton and he gets his scores off rebounds (like Madsen) and occasionally hits the 3 (like walton). He demands no defensive effort whatsoever and putting up a hand is enough with him. Not once did the Clippers double him tonight and he tries to do what Blake does from the post but he is not as good at it.

The Wolves were double and triple teaming Blake Griffin (and this has become a trend with teams.) He has the skills to pass out to the open man, or to go at em 1 on 2. He has a finesse bankshot (ala Tim duncan) he can spin and get to the hoop...hopstep and get to the hoop...etc.
I dont feel like explaining but if you have not seen every minute of every clippers game dont speak .
All I Know is Blake is a franchise player and his impact > than the impact Love could ever hope to have on a basketball team. Someone on ESPN said it best (i forgot who) Love would be a great role player, but Blake is on the verge of becoming a superstar.

One more Thing. Kevin Love is not an All-Star.

Hellcrooner
If that's the case (I know it isn't), how do you respond to his ridiculous repertoire of spin moves/up and unders, great ability to draw contact, elite post-passing, and overall absurd basketball IQ (for a rookie or otherwise)?

You know wich games i watch?

ha ha ha.

Sorry man but he still has a LOOONG way to go to match Duncans, Kgs, Paus, Chris webbers, Boshes, Stoudamires, Karl Malones, Barkleys, Mchales, and etc etc set of post moves/passing Abilities/ offensive positioning/ Iq etc.

he MAY or may not learn how to do it, but for the moment he is just a very promising rookie with suspicious health , ( sever injurys that young in a big man are a factor to never be overlooked)

cargobox
today?

Oh cause he's not Pau Gasoft.
By the way, you should watch the 47 pt game on YouTube. It wasn't all jumping high and stuff, I'm sorry

Hellcrooner
01-20-2011, 02:34 AM
Oh cause he's not Pau Gasoft.
By the way, you should watch the 47 pt game on YouTube. It wasn't all jumping high and stuff, I'm sorry

No he isnt-

SPanish League.
SPanish Kings Cup.
Mvp of spanish kings cup.
Mvp of Spanis League.
1 Junior World Championship
1 European Bronze Medal
1 European Silver Medal
1 european golden Medal. and Mvp
One Olympics Silver
One World Championship gold and MVP
2 all nba third teams.
1 All rookie team
1 Rookie Of the year.
3 allstars going into 4.
3 times LEAD HIS TEAM TO PLAYOFFS
2 Nba Rings.

He still has a long way to go to be Pau "gasoft"

tredigs
01-20-2011, 02:53 AM
No he isnt-

SPanish League.
SPanish Kings Cup.
Mvp of spanish kings cup.
Mvp of Spanis League.
1 Junior World Championship
1 European Bronze Medal
1 European Silver Medal
1 european golden Medal. and Mvp
One Olympics Silver
One World Championship gold and MVP
2 all nba third teams.
1 All rookie team
1 Rookie Of the year.
3 allstars going into 4.
3 times LEAD HIS TEAM TO PLAYOFFS
2 Nba Rings.

He still has a long way to go to be Pau "gasoft"

CAREER achievements of a 30 yr old who's been "pro" since he was a teenager as an argument for superiority over a rookie? Hahaha ahhh c'mon man, I see what this irrational Blake-hate is about now. Say no more (and shame on me for not realizing this sooner).

Hellcrooner
01-20-2011, 03:01 AM
CAREER achievements of a 30 yr old who's been "pro" since he was a teenager as an argument for superiority over a rookie? Hahaha ahhh c'mon man, I see what this irrational Blake-hate is about now. Say no more (and shame on me for not realizing this sooner).

No hate.
I actually like the dude but people is overhyping him like if he was Mjs second coming.
And he has not even played a full season yet.
We need to watch him more to get the full picture, and specially we need to watch the finished product not the projetc.

he has way more potential than Love but as of today love is a more polished product.

And btw i put up there the achievements as an answer to other poster attack.

I think you would agree that as of today griffins skills are not in teh level of the top dogs of pf position like Pau, Duncan, Kg, Stou, Bosh or Dirk.

tredigs
01-20-2011, 03:19 AM
No hate.
I actually like the dude but people is overhyping him like if he was Mjs second coming.
And he has not even played a full season yet.
We need to watch him more to get the full picture, and specially we need to watch the finished product not the projetc.

he has way more potential than Love but as of today love is a more polished product.

And btw i put up there the achievements as an answer to other poster attack.

I think you would agree that as of today griffins skills are not in teh level of the top dogs of pf position like Pau, Duncan, Kg, Stou, Bosh or Dirk.

I don't knooow 'Croon, his ball handling, IQ and consistent progression (dude's putting up 28 14 and 4 this month with efficiency) are all very telling factors as to what type of overall skill set he's showing. As the other teams are double/triple teaming him, his assists continue to rise, and his mid-range game continues to improve. His skills on the offensive end are pretty incredible.

Where he lacks is his defensive presence, and that is what I would like to see him focus on more going forward to help out his overall dominance. But offensively, and on the glass... the kid is as good as ANY big in the league. And to be honest (as early in his career as it may be), I'd say he's making a case to be the best in that realm going forward.

sunsfan88
01-20-2011, 03:22 AM
Love played better IMO. Only 6 misses, 11 boards and 1 block while only scoring 3 pts less than Griffin who failed to notch 10 rebounds for the first time in like FOREVER!!

Gotta give Love props for keeping a beast like Griffin off the boards.

tredigs
01-20-2011, 03:25 AM
Love played better IMO. Only 6 misses, 11 boards and 1 block while only scoring 3 pts less than Griffin who failed to notch 10 rebounds for the first time in like FOREVER!!

Gotta give Love props for keeping a beast like Griffin off the boards.

You didn't watch the game. ^

It wasn't close when both were playing with anything at stake.

Alright I'm done writing that (though again, I know this is true - because Love was dominated by BG), because I like Love a lot as a player and I'm thrilled he's getting his well earned PT finally, so I'm leaving this little debate at that.

Bulls_fan90
01-20-2011, 08:05 AM
Blake Griffin wins. http://playerseason.com/blake-griffin-girlfriend/

Thread/

WolvesJagsOs
01-20-2011, 10:13 AM
"Whatta scrub he only has 14 rebounds"
Now who doesnt even have a rebound? :rolleyes:

this reply really came back to bite you didnt it?

todu82
01-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Griffin

alencp3
01-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Griffin is GOAT

The Miami Cheat
01-20-2011, 10:37 AM
griffin

DwayneMVPwade
01-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Is Griffin trying to prove something here? Kevin Love has no rebound in the 1st half!

---

lol Love still finished with 11 rebounds in the game and Griffin only had 8. Still I\d go with Griffin

mttwlsn16
01-20-2011, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't say "all". Ralph said he made 8 jumpers on 10 attempts, so a good amount for certain.

he only had 1 dunk, ALL Js and a few layups

mttwlsn16
01-20-2011, 10:52 AM
this reply really came back to bite you didnt it?

how???? lol we won by 15

CostanzaNumba0
01-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Love is david lee

corky831
01-20-2011, 11:00 AM
im a celts fan, but Love reminds me of Al Jefferson, a very good player but not a stud.....Al put up nice numbers on the T-Wolves but they still didnt win, Griffin is a STUD......he and eric gordon are making the clippers a competitive team and Griffin should be a starter on the All-Star game

Azzacadabra
01-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Griffin, he's a monster. What I'm excited to see for the coming years is the battle for supremacy between Love and Griffin barring any injuries. Not in championships (but who knows) but for the PF position.

MiKE-THE-FUTURE
01-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Blake Griffin wins. http://playerseason.com/blake-griffin-girlfriend/

Thread/

Wow, she's so SEEXXYYYYY!!!!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-20-2011, 12:25 PM
BG id the best PF in the L right now.

Dodgers99
01-20-2011, 12:26 PM
BG id the best PF in the L right now.

Even I don't agree with that.

WSU Tony
01-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Do any of you argue with legitimate stats or just highlights and what ESPN "esperts" say?

Show me the stats!

AddiX
01-20-2011, 02:33 PM
The difference is Griffin is a future #1, a true go to guy. He can win games by himself.

Love while talented, doesn't touch the ball in crunch time. That's Beasley's job. And love will never have the athletic or offensive skill set to be that guy. Griffin is already there.

WSU Tony
01-20-2011, 02:39 PM
The difference is Griffin is a future #1, a true go to guy. He can win games by himself.

Love while talented, doesn't touch the ball in crunch time. That's Beasley's job. And love will never have the athletic or offensive skill set to be that guy. Griffin is already there.

Let me get this right... Griffin and Love put up basically the same stats on a full game basis but when it comes to crunch time, Griffin has the edge? :facepalm:

What about when your team is down by 3 points? Griffin has the edge? What about free throw shooting?

You guys watch too much ESPN. A bucket is a bucket.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2011, 03:38 PM

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM

while neither are that great of closers, Love is better this season as far as production goes late in games.

As I have said 100 times, I would trade Love for Griffin in a nanosecond. Love is probably still the better player, but I think Griffin, barring injuries, is going to surpass not only Love, but every PF out there.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Even I don't agree with that.

whos better?

It was hard for me sayin... Cuz rarley do I, or anybody show alot of respect to rookies. Or even former Sooner's (I'ma Texas Boy) but this dude is straight beast. and has been all year and by far the most consistant./

Mochalman
01-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Love is a more complete player at the moment. Could that change in a few years? Sure. But I'd rather have Love right now.

duke0403
01-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Would prefer love right now, but if griffin works on that mid range game and those hook shots i keep seein him make he could be unreal

Da_Future_knick
01-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Blake

BuddhaMONK
01-20-2011, 04:55 PM
In this battle of white power forwards, i have to say love won. Not because he out rebounded him, because he ended griffin double double streak.

tredigs
01-20-2011, 05:30 PM
In this battle of white power forwards, i have to say love won. Not because he out rebounded him, because he ended griffin double double streak.

True, but if Minny was able to keep the game within 15 points and Blake didn't sit a majority of the 4th, that wouldn't have been the case.

hah @ "the battle of white power forwards" though.

But BG's his own special type of mulato; Black ginger. Too awesome.

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM

while neither are that great of closers, Love is better this season as far as production goes late in games.

As I have said 100 times, I would trade Love for Griffin in a nanosecond. Love is probably still the better player, but I think Griffin, barring injuries, is going to surpass not only Love, but every PF out there.

Not to cut hairs, but while both FG%'s are poor there, Love's is clocking in at 28.6%. Therefore the slight increase in his points production is actually a negative. He's also turning the ball over quite a bit more (4.3 per 48 to ZERO for Blake) and he has no blocks or steals in that time. Blake's averaging nearly 2 blks (both average 20+ board per game). The edge has to be clearly to Blake Griffin there.

That said, those stats haven't been updated since 15 games into the season, but given Blake's marked progression as the season has carried on, that probably only helps his case.

In closing, I'll gladly take either in Golden State. You can have David Lee and the ~5 million we're paying Don Nelson to double-fist bottles of greygoose this year.

fresh prince
01-20-2011, 05:39 PM

My stance remains.

Couple things.. I was at the game last night ( 9th row) and Blake is far more thatn just a "jumper" athlete type. He has a nice stroke but is still reluctant to take the jumper consistently. Other than that his agility and post moves are already polished. Not Pau level but he has great footwork / agility and can finish with both hands. He has a soft touch in all aspects offensively. And his 12 -15 foot bank shot is already "Duncan like".

Simply put watching him up close he is already a man amongst boys physically and once he refines his already fairly polished offensive game the league is in trouble.

28 and 12 is realistic as early as next year. :speechless:

Chronz
01-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Yea I get the feeling Croon is jelous that Blake is way ahead of schedule. Rookie Blake crushes rookie Pau

Epicfailure
01-20-2011, 08:47 PM
I think Blake and Love should make a pact to play together. Haha. I think I'd rather watch that duo than Lebron and Wade. But I'm also possibly crazy.

tredigs
01-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Couple things.. I was at the game last night ( 9th row) and Blake is far more thatn just a "jumper" athlete type. He has a nice stroke but is still reluctant to take the jumper consistently. Other than that his agility and post moves are already polished. Not Pau level but he has great footwork / agility and can finish with both hands. He has a soft touch in all aspects offensively. And his 12 -15 foot bank shot is already "Duncan like".

Simply put watching him up close he is already a man amongst boys physically and once he refines his already fairly polished offensive game the league is in trouble. I would listen to the argument that BG is playing as dominant/solid basketball this past month as any point in Pau's career.

28 and 12 is realistic as early as next year. :speechless:

28 (54%) / 14+ / 4+ the past month, and the Clippers are winning games. I'd bet his ceiling is closer to 30 and 15 next year, with 26 and 14 being quite probable.

Yea I get the feeling Croon is jelous that Blake is way ahead of schedule. Rookie Blake crushes rookie Pau

... not to mention 2nd, 3rd, 4th year Pau. I would be willing to listen to the argument that he has been as solid/dominant this past month as ANY point in Gasol's career.

Hellcrooner
01-20-2011, 09:22 PM
28 (54%) / 14+ / 4+ the past month, and the Clippers are winning games. I'd bet his ceiling is closer to 30 and 15 next year, with 26 and 14 being quite probable.

... not to mention 2nd, 3rd, 4th year Pau. I would be willing to listen to the argument that he has been as solid/dominant this past month as ANY point in Gasol's career.

you know wahts the main downfall that i see in Blakes future?

Clippers.

ever heard of Ron harper, or Danny Manning?

clippers happened to their bodys.

he has already tasted some old clippery last year.

he needs to move his *** form there ASAP.

Saving that if he is smart enough and works hard enough on his skills he may ver well be the best pf in the game SOON.

If he does not he will be shawn kemp (minus drinking as far as i know) soon too.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2011, 09:28 PM
True, but if Minny was able to keep the game within 15 points and Blake didn't sit a majority of the 4th, that wouldn't have been the case.

hah @ "the battle of white power forwards" though.

But BG's his own special type of mulato; Black ginger. Too awesome.

Not to cut hairs, but while both FG%'s are poor there, Love's is clocking in at 28.6%. Therefore the slight increase in his points production is actually a negative. He's also turning the ball over quite a bit more (4.3 per 48 to ZERO for Blake) and he has no blocks or steals in that time. Blake's averaging nearly 2 blks (both average 20+ board per game). The edge has to be clearly to Blake Griffin there.

That said, those stats haven't been updated since 15 games into the season, but given Blake's marked progression as the season has carried on, that probably only helps his case.

In closing, I'll gladly take either in Golden State. You can have David Lee and the ~5 million we're paying Don Nelson to double-fist bottles of greygoose this year.

Love has gotten much better after game 15 as well.

And that is just it. I am sure anyone would love to have either going forward. I have stated I would take Blake, even as a Wolves fan. But I am all good with our PF currently.

iliketurtles24
01-20-2011, 09:50 PM
anybody who defends blake all hate on love? why? he is a good player, both are, but just cause the clippers have been on their knees sucking forever doesnt mean you have to degrate other players that are good just to validate your player
common man

Chronz
01-20-2011, 10:24 PM
you know wahts the main downfall that i see in Blakes future?

Clippers.

ever heard of Ron harper, or Danny Manning?

clippers happened to their bodys.

he has already tasted some old clippery last year.

he needs to move his *** form there ASAP.

Saving that if he is smart enough and works hard enough on his skills he may ver well be the best pf in the game SOON.

If he does not he will be shawn kemp (minus drinking as far as i know) soon too.
Harpers decline physically and with his production happened in Cleveland, its not like going to Chicago did him any favors.

Manning wasnt good anywhere

Tmo440
01-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Its going to be Griffen.

jasonbird
01-20-2011, 10:58 PM
I watched the game yesterday...

Clippers V.S. Timberwolves:

LOve got double-double

and Griffin didnt...

but clippers won the game

Thats obvious,Griffin is better than LOVE..

all the best

;)

Raph12
01-21-2011, 01:53 AM
BG and it isn't that close...