PDA

View Full Version : Mikhail Prokhorov: "I instruct the Nets to walk away from the deal"

Pages : [1] 2

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Just said it on NBATV :clap:

arkanian215
01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
YES!!
Watch stream:
http://www.nba.com/live1/

Raps08-09 Champ
01-19-2011, 06:45 PM
What?

jkiddvc20
01-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Yep watching it now, he told them to walk away from the deal I hope denver ends up with nothing

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Yep watching it now, he told them to walk away from the deal I hope denver ends up with nothing

You can't blame Denver man, they were ready to go through with it but Melo wasn't sure about signing the extension with the Nets, which is why Prokho is pissed cuz he's got his players hanging on the balance and as an owner its the right thing he did. What a boss.

JerseysFinest
01-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Wow that was quick lol. This is an excellent, excellent move by the organization. Nuggets were asking for too much, now the Nets can focus on building for the future and becoming a force for years to come.

DoMeFavors
01-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Now Denver is screwed asked for to much now they cant get that good package

AlvaROD
Finally he came to his senses....The deal made no sense whatsoever for both the Nets and Anthony...

tdunk21
"not ready to overpay"? wow....he thinks melo is not worth that much....

JerseysFinest
01-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Now Denver is screwed asked for to much now they cant get that good package

Not true. If the Knicks offer Gallo, Chandler, Fields, Curry, picks, cash, etc., that's a very nice return.

omdigga
i think denver is gonna regret the way they handled this deal...

ChI_ShIzzLe
"not ready to overpay"? wow....he thinks melo is not worth that much....

He said "at some point you realize that too much is too much" which I totally agree with.

Young and Stupid
Like a ****ing boss.

Now the question is: is this just posturing or are they really pulling out of the deal? Also, is this as a result of the Nuggets' incompetence or Melo's unwillingness to sign.

metsfanssince05
01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
wooohoo melo to the Knicks is 1000% more likely now. Now its going to be the Knicks and Bulls

DoMeFavors
Not true. If the Knicks offer Gallo, Chandler, Fields, Curry, picks, cash, etc., that's a very nice return.

I hope Knicks dont offer anything and Denver goes away with squat

Minimal
Atleast he said it straight like a man, not acting like Melodiva.

jkiddvc20
You can't blame Denver man, they were ready to go through with it but Melo wasn't sure about signing the extension with the Nets, which is why Prokho is pissed cuz he's got his players hanging on the balance and as an owner its the right thing he did. What a boss.

Your right I am just a lil upset right now you know, at least we still have Favors, Brook, Harris and a BOATLOAD of picks

ChI_ShIzzLe

Knicks aren't gonna give that up knowing he'd sign with them anyways in the summer. Only way the Nuggets force the Knicks hand is bluff a trade to Chicago, which is exactly why this story came out today about the Bulls. I think his agents knew the Nets were gonna back away.

tdunk21
atleast he is mature enough to back off from that unrealistic need from denver

nygiants242
01-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Smart move by Prokhorov.

ManRam
Blessing in disguise for Nets fans...

Melo isn't a guy who can get it done on his own...not even close. Great scorer, not a great leader/championship-winning franchise player.

ChI_ShIzzLe
Your right I am just a lil upset right now you know, at least we still have Favors, Brook, Harris and a BOATLOAD of picks

Forget that man, yall got a nice core of young players, just be patient and let management make good decisions with the draft picks and you guys can contend again soon.

Khalifa21
01-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Melo to the Knicks for Gallo, Curry's expiring and a 1st (acquired from Randolph trade)

:dance:

^ Pretty sure this is what Melo is doing right now...

kblo247
That spit was bad ***. He called a press conference and basically said f you Denver.

I wonder how Melo haters in Denver are going to spin Melo not letting them dictate where he extends as being him screwing them, even if it is his contractual right to do so :laugh2:

jkiddvc20
I understand a lot of this falling through could be Melo not wanting to be a Net but Denver handled this really, really poorly

Maichan
01-19-2011, 06:53 PM

agreed.

abe_froman
boss.

but of course there will be some many coming in *****ing how stupid he is,its melo give den whateve3r they want,nets must be stupid blah blah..right raps ;)

tdunk21
feel bad for the nets organization for being put through such pathetic drama....

ChI_ShIzzLe
Like a ****ing boss.

Now the question is: is this just posturing or are they really pulling out of the deal? Also, is this as a result of the Nuggets' incompetence or Melo's unwillingness to sign.

He's a Russian boss. They don't play no games up there in Russia yo.

jkiddvc20
feel bad for the nets organization for being put through such pathetic drama....

Man let me tell you being a Mets and Nets fan is just killed, at least I got the Steelers

tdunk21
01-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Man let me tell you being a Mets and Nets fan is just killed, at least I got the Steelers

steelers all the way.....lol

blastmasta26
01-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Not saying this as a Knick fan, rather an objective NBA fan, I like this move for the Nets. Gutting the team for Melo is not worth it, the Nets are much better off developing their team, using some picks and trading some to acquire other pieces. And as a Knick fan, hopefully this means we can get him for a lower price.

kblo247
01-19-2011, 06:56 PM
AK47 just smiled his *** off at the thought of a pay day and vodka with Proky

JerseysFinest
Knicks aren't gonna give that up knowing he'd sign with them anyways in the summer. Only way the Nuggets force the Knicks hand is bluff a trade to Chicago, which is exactly why this story came out today about the Bulls. I think his agents knew the Nets were gonna back away.

yeah, but if the Nuggets know he's not gonna stay, they might as well get what they can right?

DoMeFavors
Not saying this as a Knick fan, rather an objective NBA fan, I like this move for the Nets. Gutting the team for Melo is not worth it, the Nets are much better off developing their team, using some picks and trading some to acquire other pieces. And as a Knick fan, hopefully this means we can get him for a lower price.

We werent really gutting its not even a great team, I just hope Knicks offer NOTHING basically no picks no nothing. So denver can now kill their franchise.

Khalifa21

The thing is, knowing the Nets are completely out of it now they don't have to offer all that. The Bulls are playing too well to give up what they have and they definitely aren't gonna give up Noah.

The Knicks can completely lowball the Nuggets now.. Gallo/Curry/1st rounder looks like the best they can get.

If Donnie holds out and gets it done for that he is an absolute ****ing BOSS!

sunsfan88
01-19-2011, 06:57 PM
HHAHAHAHHAHA Nuggets suck!!!

Their thug GM and owner just got shut!!!

Maybe next time, once you agree to a deal, you won't go back on it. I hope NY offers nothing and Denver ends up losing him in the summer for nothing!!!

I wouldn't feel bad for Denver at all. They made this happen to them.

tdunk21
01-19-2011, 06:58 PM
melo to the knicks i think.....

DenButsu

Yeah, keep it classy, New York.

And Knicks fans wonder why...

kblo247
I like what he just said.

"If you make a mistake running a team in the NBA, you can set your franchise back 5 to 6 years"

Khalifa21
01-19-2011, 06:59 PM
AK47 will be a Net by the trade deadline... Not sure what would go the other way but he's a big expiring.

Maybe Murphy/filler/pick for AK47?

DenButsu
HHAHAHAHHAHA Nuggets suck!!!

That goes for you, too. Do us all a favor and stop trolling the Nuggets forum.

jkiddvc20
LMAO I love that question a reporter asks if its typical of Mikhail to pull out of stuff if he does not like it and he just grins and shakes his head haha

D Roses Bulls
I am liking this owner, he tells the public first before his own employees and the nuggets. pretty cool.

Khalifa21
01-19-2011, 07:00 PM

He's a Net fan dude... Obviously bummed out that they're not gonna get Melo.

tdunk21
that russian speakin woman in the press conference is hot

ChI_ShIzzLe
This guy knows how to do business. I know he's gonna have the Nets contending in a few years. Just give him time Nets fans.

jkiddvc20

Just how I feel whether it be Melo or the Nugs they jerked the Nets around and basically took advantage of us. They toyed with us the whole time, and handled the situation like ****.

DoMeFavors
01-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Nuggets GMS really killed this deal..I hate those 2..So happy they arent getting anything no more.

ChI_ShIzzLe
that russian speakin woman in the press conference is hot

Probably Prokho's "personal secretary" :D

VinceCarter
Jeez that press conference made me like Mikhail that much more. :clap:

SteBO
This guy knows how to do business. I know he's gonna have the Nets contending in a few years. Just give him time Nets fans.
You think he'll go to you guys? I believe you guys have a better package excluding Noah than NY possibly.

DenButsu
Just how I feel whether it be Melo or the Nugs they jerked the Nets around and basically took advantage of us. They toyed with us the whole time, and handled the situation like ****.

Jerked the Nets around? It was New Jersey pushing for this deal the entire time, not the other way around.

JerseysFinest
AK47 will be a Net by the trade deadline... Not sure what would go the other way but he's a big expiring.

Maybe Murphy/filler/pick for AK47?

doubt it.

abe_froman
The thing is, knowing the Nets are completely out of it now they don't have to offer all that. The Bulls are playing too well to give up what they have and they definitely aren't gonna give up Noah.

The Knicks can completely lowball the Nuggets now.. Gallo/Curry/1st rounder looks like the best they can get.

If Donnie holds out and gets it done for that he is an absolute ****ing BOSS!

this.

and i do actually hope you gus do a lowball,nothing against den fans,but there needs to be a bit of push back against den's f.o. over all this

tdunk21
01-19-2011, 07:02 PM
melo couldnt do squat with billups...he could not do it with felton too.....melo just not championship material

Khalifa21
I don't understand why everyone is laughing at the Nuggets GM?

None of us know the intimate logistics of the deal. For all we know, the Nuggets accepted the offer and Melo just completely refused to sign the extension. Prokhorov comes out and acts as if he's just pulled the offer off the table when in all actuality maybe he just realised there was no possible way of getting Melo in a Nets uniform for the long haul.

fadedmario
Denver is ****ing stupid. Good luck getting anything from NY and Chicago. Melo is a *****. At least Lebron is a top player. Melo is another high scoring no defense guy. Favors will be better in the long run for the Nets.

jkiddvc20
01-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Jerked the Nets around? It was New Jersey pushing for this deal the entire time, not the other way around.

They were pushing for it and they had Morrow, Harris, Favors and two ****ing picks as well. That is a boatload and more than they will find anywhere else. Then they demanded we take Harrington, we said no so they demanded we take Balkman. Even recently they wanted us to throw in Damion James. Everyone but Brook was open to the Nuggets and they just got too ****ing greedy. **** them, let Melo walk and become a knick

Khalifa21
melo couldnt do squat with billups...he could not do it with felton too.....melo just not championship material

Oh hey Amar'e, didn't see you there...

$KnicksAndKobe$
He's a Net fan dude... Obviously bummed out that they're not gonna get Melo.

I know right, jeez.
No need to bring the "Knicks fans" in to that.

As for the situation. I understand. Nothing made sense, which obviously makes it frustrating.

newbs001
01-19-2011, 07:04 PM
JoeandEvan Joe and Evan
Holy crap Proko just said "I'm not sure Billy knows"...if he is telling truth Denver must be sitting there stunned

jkiddvc20
They were pushing for it and they had Morrow, Harris, Favors and two ****ing picks as well. That is a boatload and more than they will find anywhere else. Then they demanded we take Harrington, we said no so they demanded we take Balkman. Even recently they wanted us to throw in Damion James. Everyone but Brook was open to the Nuggets and they just got too ****ing greedy. **** them, let Melo walk and become a knick

I know right, jeez.
No need to bring the "Knicks fans" in to that.

As for the situation. I understand. Nothing made sense, which obviously makes it frustrating.

Im from New York, but a Nets fan...

ChI_ShIzzLe
Everyone needs to stop blaming the Nuggets. This is all on Melo, if he came out and said YES I'm going to sign the extension with NJ with a big smile, the deal would've probably been done the first time around. His unwillingness and hesitation has now cost the Nuggets valuable assets they could've gotten in return for him. He saved the Nets from selling the farm and killed his own team for getting anything good back now since he's probably gonna bolt this summer if they don't trade him.

arkanian215
01-19-2011, 07:05 PM
JoeandEvan Joe and Evan
Holy crap Proko just said "I'm not sure Billy knows"...if he is telling truth Denver must be sitting there stunned

Nah Billy and Mikhail talked. Mikhail was just saying that to be gangster.

bholly
We werent really gutting its not even a great team, I just hope Knicks offer NOTHING basically no picks no nothing. So denver can now kill their franchise.

Why? Knicks are your division (and most hated) rivals. Why would you want them to get something good for cheap?

tdunk21
Oh hey Amar'e, didn't see you there...

no D broski......just dont see it

jkiddvc20
Everyone needs to stop blaming the Nuggets. This is all on Melo, if he came out and said YES I'm going to sign the extension with NJ with a big smile, the deal would've probably been done the first time around. His unwillingness and hesitation has now cost the Nuggets valuable assets they could've gotten in return for him. He saved the Nets from selling the farm and killed his own team for getting anything good back now since he's probably gonna bolt this summer if they don't trade him.

That is true but this whole ordeal the Nuggets kept jerking the Nets around, no other way around it

SluggeR
01-19-2011, 07:06 PM

Being that the nuggets don't have the leverage and I'm sure Melo doesn't want to gut his future team, makes that proposal too much.

JerseysFinest
To be honest, i'm just glad me (and the fellow Nets and NBA fans) no longer have to worry about this any longer regarding him and Jersey. Wish him and whoever gets him the best

D Roses Bulls

:clap: agreed

knicksfan42

Hope you know all the fans saying they hope Denver gets nothing are Nets fans, this includes the person you're responding to.

JerseysFinest
01-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Being that the nuggets don't have the leverage and I'm sure Melo doesn't want to gut his future team, makes that proposal too much.

nah, nah, i actually meant they could use them, but not all of those players. But you are right, Knicks can basically lowball them now

ChI_ShIzzLe
You think he'll go to you guys? I believe you guys have a better package excluding Noah than NY possibly.

Who knows crazier things have happened :D

But we Bulls fans are used to this **** anyways, its a yearly thing for us. First KG, then Gasol, then Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, the list goes on. This time we're not even gonna pay attention until something is imminent, cuz unlike those other times we actually have a contending team now Melo or no Melo.

$KnicksAndKobe$
Im from New York, but a Nets fan...

That's the point ... (the bold is the point)
Maybe he mistaken you for a Knicks fan, out of emotion of course.

thekmp211
01-19-2011, 07:08 PM
this is the smart move for jersey.

Slimsim
01-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Wow didn't see this coming

jkiddvc20
01-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Wow didn't see this coming

This is the Nets, I mean come on haha

oak2455
Coming up on SCenter Melo deal falls through:speechless::speechless::speechless::speech less:

SteBO
Some people owe me an apology. I've always said he's heading to NY because Melo isn't fond of New Jersey, and wants NY. It was obvious from the start.

xabial

Am i the only one who sees something wrong with this? :facepalm:

JerseysFinest
01-19-2011, 07:10 PM
I suppose Chris Sheridan is ecstatic right now? hehe

oak2455
01-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Knicks:superman:

Khalifa21
01-19-2011, 07:11 PM

This is exactly what i'm saying... This deal would've been done weeks ago if Melo was gonna sign in NJ.

mjqusoldier
lmaoooo I told you he didnt want to go to the Nets

newbs001
Nah Billy and Mikhail talked. Mikhail was just saying that to be gangster.

I'm not so sure...

JoeandEvan Joe and Evan
Billy King said he informed Denver during Proko's Presser...I'm believing Proko really didn't tell anyone until his public announcement
48 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

xxplayerxx23
I feel bad for the nets. But the nets still have 5 picks plus expiring. They can still make a couple of trades keep favors harris lopez and depinding on the trades still have a shot as an 8 seed only 7 games or so out plenty of time. As for the knicks I think if chiago says staight out We arent trading noah which imo they should then the knicks will get melo for fields 2 first rounders and Curry expiring. which still isnt bad if u belive in fields. They might have to throw chandler in but if chi does that I see just fields going And bukie mayb to. DOnt lose faith net fans i still think u will get a couple of soild players by trade deadline.

Khalifa21

I would LOVE to know what that package includes.....

Meatmypet
01-19-2011, 07:12 PM

So you're gonna blame the guy for not wanting to sign an extension to where he doesn't want to play? Lol.

oak2455
I suppose Chris Sheridan is ecstatic right now? hehe

we'll see Im not sure Jersey is out of the Rental game just yet:D how many Russians can you trust:eyebrow:

jkiddvc20
Nets strike lucky for once and get #1 pick in draft this year!! Doubt it :cry:

NY-SportsFan
Not buying it. This seems like either a trade tactic to lower the cost or trying to quiet down all the media hype. Denver wanted the nets to stop making talks public, by saying they are giving up their pursuit, they take the media out of it.

In a few day's we will have a headline of "Nets renew interest in Melo."

SteBO
01-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Am i the only one who sees something wrong with this? :facepalm:
:pity: nevermind.

Khalifa21
I feel bad for the nets. But the nets still have 5 picks plus expiring. They can still make a couple of trades keep favors harris lopez and depinding on the trades still have a shot as an 8 seed only 7 games or so out plenty of time. As for the knicks I think if chiago says staight out We arent trading noah which imo they should then the knicks will get melo for fields 2 first rounders and Curry expiring. which still isnt bad if u belive in fields. They might have to throw chandler in but if chi does that I see just fields going And bukie mayb to. DOnt lose faith net fans i still think u will get a couple of soild players by trade deadline.

I'd rather keep Fields and trade Gallo to be honest.. Melo and Gallo both play SF and we wouldn't go anywhere with either of them splitting time at the 4.

The priority for me is keep Chandler and Fields.

xxplayerxx23
Some people owe me an apology. I've always said he's heading to NY because Melo isn't fond of New Jersey, and wants NY. It was obvious from the start.

No who can they offer besides noah that is better then what the knicks can offer. I know there not ganna offer d rose and boozer. SO who deng??? THey dont want him . SO no knicks still have a better offer then chiago without noah the bulls are great now i dont think melo is a great fit there. Noah hustles and is a good player.

DoMeFavors
Lets trade Troy tommrow!

SteBO
01-19-2011, 07:15 PM
No who can they offer besides noah that is better then what the knicks can offer. I know there not ganna offer d rose and boozer. SO who deng??? THey dont want him . SO no knicks still have a better offer then chiago without noah the bulls are great now i dont think melo is a great fit there. Noah hustles and is a good player.
I guess i can agree with this.

Khalifa21
So you're gonna blame the guy for not wanting to sign an extension to where he doesn't want to play? Lol.

I wouldn't blame Melo.. I'd blame the people that leaked all this **** and got everyone's hopes up without any sign that Melo had any intentions of okaying the extension to NJ.

kblo247
Yeah it has to rock to be Knicks management right now. If they can get Melo to go with Chandler, Fields, and Felton I would honestly rate them behind Boston and Orlando. (I would say and Chicago but I need to see them fully healthy)

The thing with the Bulls is Deng's deal is still likely cheaper than matching a offer sheet for Wilson Chandler would be. I remember the Noah deal being discussed right before the season starts but I'm talking about before that. If Chicago stole JR and Melo to go with Rose, Noah, and Boozer I think they have the second best team out east easily.

The Rockets could be the dark horse. They have the expiring deals of Yao, Battier, and Jeffries if I'm not mistaken.

arkanian215
I'm not so sure...

JoeandEvan Joe and Evan
Billy King said he informed Denver during Proko's Presser...I'm believing Proko really didn't tell anyone until his public announcement
48 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Nah I listened to Billy. He said him and Mikhail talked about it and ultimately Mikhail made the decision.

ElMarroAfamado
I think its safe to say everyone hopes (me included) hopes the Nuggets end up with nothing and Carmelo just walks

jkiddvc20
Lets trade Troy tommrow!

He demanded a trade haha

NYY 26 to 7
Good for them its honestly not right that Denver has been holding the Nets hostage for months. They really bent over backward for the Nuggets and they kept asking for more and more.

PhillyFaninLA
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM

Why be bitter?

Its not Denver's fault a deal fell apart. Its not Melo's fault he does not want to sign and extension with the Nets. The Nets and Nuggets tried to work out a deal, and Melo has the right to sign a contract with whoever he wants that will offer him won.

Bitterness and whining isn't the proper response when no one did anything wrong. If I was a Nets fan I'd be annoyed with the way you are making Nets fans look.

NYtilIdie
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Well now Denver is going to have to take whatever the Knicks offer, since there is no competition theres no need for us to give up a crazy trade package. You never outbid when your bidding against yourself (or something like that :P )

They'll most likely get 2 of the 3 in Chandler, Gallo, & Fields with Curry & a 1st round pick. Take it or leave it now.

jkiddvc20
01-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Good for them its honestly not right that Denver has been holding the Nets hostage for months. They really bent over backward for the Nuggets and they kept asking for more and more.

Exactly what I was saying, but that Nuggets MOD took a shot at New york where I live claiming im a classless New Yorker

JerseysFinest
So... Any takers for Mr. Troy Murphy anyone?

xxplayerxx23
I'd rather keep Fields and trade Gallo to be honest.. Melo and Gallo both play SF and we wouldn't go anywhere with either of them splitting time at the 4.

The priority for me is keep Chandler and Fields.

I dont know i love galo. It might just be me. I dont think galo or melo can play sg right. I think galo is better then fields. But that might just be me either way if ny gets melo we will be Contenders. :)

PhillyFaninLA
01-19-2011, 07:18 PM
wooohoo melo to the Knicks is 1000% more likely now. Now its going to be the Knicks and Bulls

Correct me if I'm wrong by I'm guessing your career is not statistician.

AddiX
What did NJ/Denver expect was going to happen?

And you can't push around a Russian Billionaire and expect him to wait around for ever.

People wonder why Walsh sat tight during this whole thing, no rumors came out of NY. Because anyone with a brain knows this is going down to the deadline.

Young and Stupid
Well now Denver is going to have to take whatever the Knicks offer, since there is no competition theres no need for us to give up a crazy trade package. You never outbid when your bidding against yourself (or something like that :P )

They'll most likely get 2 of the 3 in Chandler, Gallo, & Fields with Curry & a 1st round pick. Take it or leave it now.

To be honest, that's too much. Unless Houston or Dallas is offering more, the Knicks should just give them AR and Curry. Take it or leave it.

ElMarroAfamado
01-19-2011, 07:20 PM
by the way....I think the Knicks if the Knicks can get Carmelo giving up either Landry Fields or Wilson Chandler...either or AND they have to keep Felton....getting rid of those 3 would gut the Knicks to just get Carmelo??
Its not worth it....Carmelo is not as valuable as these 3 guys are ....so i wouldnt do it...
thats my opinion

Gators123
01-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Good for NJ.

Khalifa21

I don't think we need to give up 2 of those 3... I reckon we can get away with only giving up 1. I think the best option would be letting Gallo go and keeping our solid SG rotation of Fields and Chandler but maybe that's just me...

xxplayerxx23
To be honest, that's too much. Unless Houston or Dallas is offering more, the Knicks should just give them AR and Curry. Take it or leave it.

No they are going to have to offer Curry And 1 of the three guys chandler fields galo. I heard that he is going to get a 2012 pick so he can offer 3 first rounders now i belive so those three first rounders curry bukie and prob one of the three i listed on top.

Anilyzer
01-19-2011, 07:22 PM
New Jersey did the right thing. That makes them so much more likable

Khalifa21
01-19-2011, 07:22 PM
I dont know i love galo. It might just be me. I dont think galo or melo can play sg right. I think galo is better then fields. But that might just be me either way if ny gets melo we will be Contenders. :)

I agree that Gallo is probably the better player but Fields is more important to us. The fact that Fields can hold down that 2 guard spot, hit the open shot, hustle and defend the bigger man is what's key to me here.

BigBlueCrew
01-19-2011, 07:23 PM
I cant say I saw this coming. Good for Proky finally saving face.

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Man, I think Prohk is bluffing..... Trying to force Den to come to Him... If not I know a few PSD Net fans will def be hurt if he lands wit the Knicks.

sf-fanatic
01-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Carmelo to the warriors :pray:

JerseysFinest
No he isn't bluffing. He said no conversations with Denver will be held any more

faze38
About time I mean it was obvious that Melo didn't want to go with the Nets! Now the funny thing is that Denver is now talking to Chicago rather then talking to the Knicks. I don't understand why they are acting like 5 yr old kids and want to blame the Knicks for what Lebron and CP3 said! I mean yes Amare said the samething the day we signed him but we didn't have a hand in that. Just send the man were he wants to go and get the best package possible no need to avoid the Knicks. I mean do they really want Noah that bad last time I checked they have one of the best big man in the game in Nene.

Khalifa21
by the way....I think the Knicks if the Knicks can get Carmelo giving up either Landry Fields or Wilson Chandler...either or AND they have to keep Felton....getting rid of those 3 would gut the Knicks to just get Carmelo??
Its not worth it....Carmelo is not as valuable as these 3 guys are ....so i wouldnt do it...
thats my opinion

What? :confused:

Felton isn't going anywhere, and I can't see Donnie giving up more than one of those three.. Considering he wasn't offering that when we had competition for Melo. Now it looks like we're the only team available to deal with he won't be offering anything like that.

CostanzaNumba0
01-19-2011, 07:25 PM
denver **** the bed on this one, unless chicago wants to give up noah, melo is a knick

xxplayerxx23
01-19-2011, 07:25 PM
I agree that Gallo is probably the better player but Fields is more important to us. The fact that Fields can hold down that 2 guard spot, hit the open shot, hustle and defend the bigger man is what's key to me here.

yeah cant go wrong either way Imo if we keep galo melo is going to be the 2 guard if galo goes melo is the sf. The thing is our bench is a little weak unless we dont trade bukie and Td becomes old td. :)

avrpatsfan
01-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Looks like Melo is going to be a Knick.

chicago lulz
01-19-2011, 07:26 PM

I think you need to re-read that post, because I'm pretty sure he mentioned the Knicks, not the Bulls. :pity:

tdunk21
01-19-2011, 07:27 PM
one more month of speculations and rumors about melo till the deadline.....:facepalm:

Khalifa21
yeah cant go wrong either way Imo if we keep galo melo is going to be the 2 guard if galo goes melo is the sf. The thing is our bench is a little weak unless we dont trade bukie and Td becomes old td. :)

I would hate to have Melo at the 2 guard... Urgh, seriously. I can't see us giving up Chandler now, so it's a toss up between Fields and Gallo, but I do not want Melo starting at the 2...

Slimsim
Well Hopefully A trade to the Knicks happen sooner than later

oak2455
01-19-2011, 07:28 PM
So... Any takers for Mr. Troy Murphy anyone?

I have half a Turkey club:D

Slimsim
Nets can easily get mayo and probably some other young talent with the picks they have

fredv
This Russian mfk*r is no joke! He will not authorize and type of bs! You get greedy, then this mfker will just shut you down.
And if it ain't enough, he'll kill yo ***** with some AK-47 he's received from the Russian Secret Service agency, the man does not kid.

xxplayerxx23
01-19-2011, 07:29 PM
I think you need to re-read that post, because I'm pretty sure he mentioned the Knicks, not the Bulls. :pity:

Maybe you should re read the post he says you dont think the bulls can offer more even without Noah. I disagreed and actually gave noah and your team a complement. go read it over:pity::pity:

shep33
01-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Hurry up and trade him to the Knicks, before you get nothing back Denver. Atleast get Wilson Chander, who is very very good.

jkiddvc20
01-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Jon Barry is crazy he thinks the trade is still going to happen with Melo to the Nets

Anilyzer
01-19-2011, 07:31 PM
yah, and Jay-Z too. It is nothing against Carmelo... they just realize it isn't a "feel good" situation. If they player has doubts about playing there, then it shouldn't even be a question. The Prokrov guy, probably as soon as he understood the situation or was told about it, just said "don't do the deal." That's the right move, and Nets fans should be stoked...

nykobe24
Jon Barry is crazy he thinks the trade is still going to happen with Melo to the Nets

yea i just saw that wtf is he thinking

Khalifa21
The speculation now will be "is Melo gonna re-sign in Denver?"

We all know he want the money and to play in New York.. Question is what's his preference if he can't have both?

Do the Nuggets take the gamble and not trade him in hopes that a playoff push might keep him in Denver? I wouldn't be surprised if this goes past the trade deadline... He can still sign the extension and get traded on draft night can't he?

Either way, Melo should be wearing orange and blue next year... Hopefully this year.

oak2455
01-19-2011, 07:33 PM

and the comentator ask has this ever happened and Barry said no, Barry = azzclown:p

nykobe24
01-19-2011, 07:33 PM
honestly im just sick of these melo rumors but i have a strong feeling the way dallas is struggling right now he is gonna end up there soon

sintaks12
01-19-2011, 07:34 PM

Saw this. I dunno man. Proki came off like a boss. He seemed pretty freakin serious to me.

godolphins
The Nuggets were too greedy

Kashmir13579

they won't offer that i can assure you.

Khalifa21
01-19-2011, 07:35 PM
The Nuggets were too greedy

What you saying now godolphins? You still think Melo won't be a Knick?

NYKSpiritBomb
01-19-2011, 07:36 PM
now the knicks can go back to being the knicks and the nuggets can go back to being the nuggets

nycericanguy
01-19-2011, 07:37 PM

pretty sure thats a NET fan - JKIDD, VC

DaBlurr34
01-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Melo just committed *******

justinnum1
great move...melo was being way overrated

walsh would be an idiot to trade anything for melo

Achillez
Prokhorov has earned a bit of respect from me for recognizing how ridiculous this trade would have been.

oak2455
01-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Melo just committed *******

you should follow:D

sintaks12
Now Aldridge is on NBA tv saying the Knicks still won't get Melo because the Nuggets don't like what they have. They better start liking our pieces or they wont be getting anything in return.

jimm120

Dude, Denver was being extremely bad in all this.

They:

-were trying to force Melo to sign the extension with the Nets.
-Were completely fleecing the Nets.

How where they fleecing the Nets? They were getting
-3 round picks
-expiring contracts
-young player(s)
-Unloading 1 or 2 bad contracts

AND at the same time, they not only were giving Melo (ok, that is the "hard part"), but they were forcing the Nets to take on bad contracts.

I'm sorry, you're supposed to ask for
1 - picks and a young player
or
2 - Picks
or
3 - Picks and expirings
or
4 - Picks and unloading
or
5 - Picks, a young player, and an expiring

The best of the best are what get the #5 option.

But no, not Denver.

They wanted picks...a lot of them.
They wanted a young player that was a high pick.
They wanted expirings (as in more than one)
AND they wanted to unload bad contracts....and not just one, but TWO bad contracts.

Denver brought this on themselves.

Oh, and they were even demanding the Nets to stop the "leaks" or else...

really?

wow.

DaBlurr34
01-19-2011, 07:40 PM
you should follow:D

right after you

JerseysFinest
01-19-2011, 07:40 PM
If King called up Memphis and offered Murphy and a draft pick for Ovinton J'Anthony Mayo, would they accept?

Khalifa21
01-19-2011, 07:41 PM

If we swing a Gallo/Curry/1st rounder for Melo, we can then go over the cap to re-sign Wilson Chandler. If we try to sign Melo in FA, we have to renounce Chandler's rights to free up cap space meaning we can't re-sign Chandler.

Chandler > Gallo

SNYmets86
Nets out BULLS in lol

DaBlurr34
If King called up Memphis and offered Murphy and a draft pick for Ovinton J'Anthony Mayo, would they accept?

Probably depends on the pick, which pick?

nykobe24

hmmmm good question if i was memphis i would because of the 1st rounder

Khalifa21
01-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Now Aldridge is on NBA tv saying the Knicks still won't get Melo because the Nuggets don't like what they have. They better start liking our pieces or they wont be getting anything in return.

Well it's take what they can get from us... Or lose him for nothing. Simple.

Even if they don't want Gallo i'm sure they could so something with Randolph, Azubuike or Roger Mason.

God their situation is looking bleak now...

Khalifa21
01-19-2011, 07:43 PM

If that's a 1st rounder i'm gonna say yes.

Kashmir13579
01-19-2011, 07:43 PM

oh really? he'd be an idiot for moving Curry, Gallo/Wilson, Douglas, and picks for Carmelo Anthony? i think not. he isn't giving up all 3 of our youngins probably not even 2.

JerseysFinest
01-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Probably depends on the pick, which pick?

Not sure, but not the GSW pick or the Nets 2011 pick. Maybe the Lakers 2011 first rounder maybe?

Khalifa21
01-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Nets out BULLS in lol

Melo's preferred destinations... New York > Chicago

The Bulls are playing phenomenally right now, no one they gut their team for Melo. They're ain't gonna trade Noah and Deng's contract is horrible. Gibson is nice, but nothing compared to Gallo or Fields.

Chicago should have absolute 0% interest in Melo. They're a solid SHOOTING GUARD away from being contenders... Not small forward.

Khalifa21
01-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Not sure, but not the GSW pick or the Nets 2011 pick. Maybe the Lakers 2011 first rounder maybe?

Probably not for a pick that low... A lottery pick and I think the Nets would have a deal.

BTW...

PG: Devin Harris
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Travis Outlaw
PF: Derrick Favors
C: Brook Lopez

>>>>>>>>>

PG: Chauncey Billups
SG: Rip Hamilton
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Kris Humphries

For the future at least.

Weezy
01-19-2011, 07:47 PM

:laugh2: I guess Denver doesnt deserve a 1st Rounder at all then since AR is believed to be traded for one.

DaBlurr34
01-19-2011, 07:48 PM

That would be a steal for us.

JerseysFinest
01-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Probably not for a pick that low... A lottery pick and I think the Nets would have a deal.

Nets are not giving up a lottery selection for him. Too valuable for the development of the team. I believe Heisley would do it, he can even buy Murphy out if he wanted to.

maddBat
01-19-2011, 07:49 PM

They:

-3 round picks
-expiring contracts
-young player(s)

AND at the same time, they not only were giving Melo (ok, that is the "hard part"), but they were forcing the Nets to take on bad contracts.

or
2 - Picks
or
3 - Picks and expirings
or
4 - Picks and unloading
or

But no, not Denver.

AND they wanted to unload bad contracts....and not just one, but TWO bad contracts.

really?

wow.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

nykobe24
01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
how many draft picks the nets got? sheesh

John Walls Era
01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
I hope he goes to the Knicks. Too much of a wildcard that Melo; 1 year he had playoff success.

DaBlurr34
01-19-2011, 07:52 PM
how many draft picks the nets got? sheesh

2 in 2011 and 3 in 2012

Khalifa21
01-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Nets are not giving up a lottery selection for him. Too valuable for the development of the team. I believe Heisley would do it, he can even buy Murphy out if he wanted to.

I think people can over value draft picks sometime... OJ Mayo is a pretty established NBA shooting guard. Yeah, he's had a down season, but he can get it done in the league. The chances of a lottery pick (maybe in the 7-15 range) being a better player and having a better career than Mayo is kinda slim in my opinion.

jimm120
01-19-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm still on page 4...

but i need a LINK to the conference!!!!! It sounded awesome.

mcgswfan
01-19-2011, 07:53 PM
The Knicks don't need to do anything, unless some other franchise comes to the forefront and offers a great package to the Nuggets for Melo. We know it won't be Chicago because they won't let go of Noah so that's a wash.

The Knicks are sitting pretty right now, in fact they don't even need to make a trade, they can just wait it out for the remainder of the season. Why risk getting flogged in a trade to Denver when you know Melo is gonna opt out? Plus, with the new CBA and potential lockout on the horizon, chances are, Melo will take a pay cut and happily sign with the Knicks. He gets what he wants, the Knicks, his wife goes where she wants to go, NYC, and the franchise gets their second cog in a potential championship contending machine and can start to direct their attention to Chris Paul. It looks like the Knicks are getting some karmic redemption after the whole LeBron James fiasco.

jimbobjarree
01-19-2011, 07:54 PM
bahahaha, nuggets = raped. Good to see.

JerseysFinest
01-19-2011, 08:02 PM
I think people can over value draft picks sometime... OJ Mayo is a pretty established NBA shooting guard. Yeah, he's had a down season, but he can get it done in the league. The chances of a lottery pick (maybe in the 7-15 range) being a better player and having a better career than Mayo is kinda slim in my opinion.

Not really, considering the Nets are going to be rebuilding, that lottery player could have a huge impact on the team, it just comes down to if you want to risk that and get a 23 year old guy who has high potential, or keep it

JerseysFinest
01-19-2011, 08:03 PM

BTW...

>>>>>>>>>

For the future at least.

Big no no. Damion James

knicks4life33
01-19-2011, 08:05 PM
i can see the bulls making a run now at tryin get him also dont count the nets out the nuggest might come back and try to reopen the conversations as they said on espn.

mcgswfan
01-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Oh and as for the Nets and their 5 year championship contention plan, I'm sorry to say that that goal gets tossed out the window w/o Melo in the mix. I feel bad for the Nets fans, but your new owner appears to not take any crap from anyone, which I respect, he will have you guys contending at some point, probably just not as quickly as anticipated. With 5 picks though and tons of cap space, maybe Prokhorov has a contingency plan in mind which he has kept under wraps.

JerseysFinest
01-19-2011, 08:07 PM
I think the Nets goal for now should just be trying to get to the playoffs, maybe not this year, but just take baby steps

mcgswfan
01-19-2011, 08:10 PM
I wish my new owners were as active in trade talks as your owner appears to be.

SDBearsFan
01-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Wow, Denver just ****ed themselves. Unless 'Melo just...didn't want to go to New Jersey/Brooklyn.

kblo247
01-19-2011, 08:14 PM
oh and as for the nets and their 5 year championship contention plan, i'm sorry to say that that goal gets tossed out the window w/o melo in the mix. I feel bad for the nets fans, but your new owner appears to not take any crap from anyone, which i respect, he will have you guys contending at some point, probably just not as quickly as anticipated. With 5 picks though and tons of cap space, maybe prokhorov has a contingency plan in mind which he has kept under wraps.

Chris Paul

mcgswfan
01-19-2011, 08:14 PM
that would give me some confidence in our new regime, it's questionable right now with some things I've seen talked about and some interviews with upper management that appear to have the same inclinations and building strategies of our former ownership, which is the last thing we fans need for our team.

AddiX
01-19-2011, 08:17 PM
I think Nets have done a good job, with or without Melo, they got draft picks. And there going to need a young team either way when they enter brooklyn.

No one in BK is going to want to see a bunch of established vets. They are going to want it to feel like there team, not what NJ had left over.

SDBearsFan
01-19-2011, 08:17 PM
2 in 2011 and 3 in 2012

Holy ****, where did they get all those draft picks from?

Honestly, if I'm New Jersey, I use those picks to build. Seriously, look at the Bulls for example. For years they were a decent, yet inconsistent team, kind of like New Jersey at times. Then they lucked out (or the NBA rigged it) and got Derrick Rose. Within two years, the entire team is turned over essentially except for Deng and Noah, and we're not fighting towards the top of the East. (Didn't say we were there yet, but, 4-5 range for sure.)

I'd say take those draft picks, and try to build a team. Carmelo is a great player but IMO, he's probably in the top 9-12 players in the league, and kind of one dimensional (feel free to disagree).

aussie
01-19-2011, 08:18 PM
ffs this means the carmelo **** is gonna go on longer...

lvlheaded
01-19-2011, 08:27 PM
I just gained a whole lot of respect for Proky. He did right by his franchise. I get wanting to get Melo to NJ, but he is right to pull out, this has been too public and has had to weigh heavily on his players. I think the Nets are better off keeping Favors, Harris and the picks and building that way. Kudos to Proky :clap:

I feel this may have something to do with Melo being reluctant to sign with the Nets also, because Proky did make a comment at one point that almost seemed like he was taking a shot at Melo. Basically saying he wasnt worth it. Maybe there is more to this then we are being told but who knows, just my opinion.

That said, I hope the Knicks can still find a way to get Melo. Guy has been one of my favorite players since his Syracuse days, id love him next to Amar'e.

xxplayerxx23
01-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Oh and as for the Nets and their 5 year championship contention plan, I'm sorry to say that that goal gets tossed out the window w/o Melo in the mix. I feel bad for the Nets fans, but your new owner appears to not take any crap from anyone, which I respect, he will have you guys contending at some point, probably just not as quickly as anticipated. With 5 picks though and tons of cap space, maybe Prokhorov has a contingency plan in mind which he has kept under wraps.

No Imo 5 years they can be championship contenders. Plenty of stuff can happen cap space draft picks, Free agents going to brooklyn soon. They will be up there in a couple of years maybe not win it all but anything can happen in that long period of time,.

Khalifa21
01-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Big no no. Damion James

Either way.. I wouldn't be too bummed out about missing out on Melo.

jimm120
01-19-2011, 08:31 PM

They:

-3 round picks
-expiring contracts
-young player(s)

or
2 - Picks
or
3 - Picks and expirings
or
4 - Picks and unloading
or

But no, not Denver.

really?

wow.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you.

Yes, Melo could have just said "yes, trade me there"

but in the end, does Melo REALLy have to go and sign away his free agency just because his current team wants him to? It is the player's right.

Plus, Melo never said he wouldn't sign. Just that he wasn't going ot sign the extension. Denver, being the winning team it is, should just have kept melo all year like Phoenix did to Amare. Yes, there's a chance he leaves but there's also a chance he stays. In history, you see this position play out.

Denver, though, was just bullish this whole time.

NYY09
01-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Denver is ****ing stupid. Good luck getting anything from NY and Chicago. Melo is a *****. At least Lebron is a top player. Melo is another high scoring no defense guy. Favors will be better in the long run for the Nets.

In this matter they are not.

1. If Melo said he wasn't signing the extension if he was traded to Jersey how is that Denvers fault? Its obvious Jersey doesn't agree to trade without the extension

2. Melo never "asked" to be traded, he just simply didnt sign the ext, which is his right. He made Denver a contender, played very well for 8 years and now that he is once again a FA he might want the opportunity to play somewhere else. What exactly is wrong that i have yet to understand.

3.Denver is the one that doesnt want to walk away virtually empty handed, so they choose to trade, why should Melo sign an extension with a team, which he does not want to play on, for the next 3 years?

4. What if LeDouche was given an extension and didnt sign? He would get away with it cuz hes a "top player", nonsense...

5. Favors is going to be better how exactly in the long run? But i digress, it is without a doubt better for the Nets that this trade didnt happen.

Mishmin
01-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Hamilton's thinking, **** I'm stuck in Detroit

Mishmin
01-19-2011, 08:38 PM
At least the nets keep all those picks, they're gonna go crazy in the draft this year

NYY09
01-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Thank you.

Yes, Melo could have just said "yes, trade me there"

but in the end, does Melo REALLy have to go and sign away his free agency just because his current team wants him to? It is the player's right.

Plus, Melo never said he wouldn't sign. Just that he wasn't going ot sign the extension. Denver, being the winning team it is, should just have kept melo all year like Phoenix did to Amare. Yes, there's a chance he leaves but there's also a chance he stays. In history, you see this position play out.

Denver, though, was just bullish this whole time.

Agreed, but its not the seller thats being foolish for asking a high price, its the buyer thats willing to pay it.

itsripcity32
**** the nuggets...

NYYCowboys
At least the nets keep all those picks, they're gonna go crazy in the draft this year

The draft this year blows.

nolin
01-19-2011, 08:46 PM
I smell BS. what happen is the nets found out melo isnt going to sign an extention for a 10 and 30 team

OT Thriller
01-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Hamilton's thinking, **** I'm stuck in Detroit

That's what I am thinking!! What about the Hamilton/Murphy swap? Is that going to happen without Melo involved in the deal now? Hamilton on the Nets is an underrated move that could make the Nets a hell of a lot better. Murphy also makes sense on the Pistons for $$$ purposes and he provides a productive big man that the Pistons need. This deal should still happen I feel bad for both of these guys!

jmoney85
01-19-2011, 08:47 PM
The draft this year blows.

i dont think its deep but i think the top 5-8 are very good

irving
kanter
sullinger
barnes
jones

and i think its way better than last years

Nighthawk
01-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Good for him. This whole thing is a joke. Melo is a joke. Only in the NBA do the players run the league. In any other sport you get traded, your traded. In NBA you cry, *****, and moan and go where ever the hell u want. JOKE. Nets have an owner trying to improve the team, dedicated to win and Melo is a joke. Sure the Nets wouldnt win this year. But he has money. He would of built around Melo. AK-47? He cant be the answer. Good complimentary player. Not a No. 1 option. Anyone else available? Granger? Iggy? Rip? What does NJ do? I would guess they gotta do something seeing how their fans have been dick teased with C. Anthony talks.

Mishmin
01-19-2011, 08:52 PM
That's what I am thinking!! What about the Hamilton/Murphy swap? Is that going to happen without Melo involved in the deal now? Hamilton on the Nets is an underrated move that could make the Nets a hell of a lot better. Murphy also makes sense on the Pistons for $$$ purposes and he provides a productive big man that the Pistons need. This deal should still happen I feel bad for both of these guys!

I'm sure they're still shopping him. He hasn't been starting, I bet they'll ship him before the deadline.

Nighthawk
01-19-2011, 08:55 PM
i dont think its deep but i think the top 5-8 are very good

irving
kanter
sullinger
barnes
jones

and i think its way better than last years

Jimmer Fredette!!

OT Thriller
01-19-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm sure they're still shopping him. He hasn't been starting, I bet they'll ship him before the deadline.

Who are you talking about? Rip? Murphy?

I am just bringing this particular scenario up because I think Rip would fit perfectly right now in New Jersey and vice versa with Murphy in Detroit. I want to see both of these guys starting on teams because they're talented enough to. Hopefully that happens.

Fireworld
01-19-2011, 09:00 PM
I think the Nets have a brighter future with out Mello. Youth, Picks, and a billionaire!

LA_Raiders
01-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Denver ****ed up big time. Now they will get less or maybe nothing...

Fireworld
01-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Denver ****ed up big time. Now they will get less or maybe nothing...

I think they'll end up doing a rental for future picks.

Bornknick73
01-19-2011, 09:18 PM

I have to say the Nets same as the Knicks have a decent future Melo or no Melo. But the Nets with Favors Lopez and Harris have the youngins and draft picks to build a deep team.

I also see them swinging a deal for Micheal Redd one day.

arkanian215
01-19-2011, 09:21 PM
I have to say the Nets same as the Knicks have a decent future Melo or no Melo. But the Nets with Favors Lopez and Harris have the youngins and draft picks to build a deep team.

I also see them swinging a deal for Micheal Redd one day.

Murphy and Outlaw for Redd. I'd do it. Redd's done in this league.

drobe86
01-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Looks like Melo stays and leaves for nothing. This is a lose lose for both teams involved. The Nets stay one of the worst 4 or 5 teams in the NBA, and the Nuggets stay middle of the road, and then become a lottery team in the summer.... They should have tried to get something done...

AddiX
01-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Looks like Melo stays and leaves for nothing. This is a lose lose for both teams involved. The Nets stay one of the worst 4 or 5 teams in the NBA, and the Nuggets stay middle of the road, and then become a lottery team in the summer.... They should have tried to get something done...

The Nets aren't building to win now, they want to be young and talented when they get to NJ. Melo was the perfect peace for that move, but they still have 5 draft picks to make the move to BK a good one.

Den is the team that really loses out here.

_Supreme_
01-19-2011, 09:31 PM
I like the way Prokhorov basically said "we are not getting messed with, either be 100% straightforward and treat us with respect or feth off".

If Denver really views Favors as the most coveted part of any deal out there they'll come back with less demands later.

kj244
01-19-2011, 09:38 PM
This is a load of crap. Melo's side privately contacted the Nets and told them there was no need for a meeting, b/c Melo wasn't extending his deal with the Nets, all while the Boss was in the air. All he's trying to do is save face.

I think the only one in the room that thought the Nets had a chance of extending Melo is the Boss and JayZ.

el_primo_nano
01-19-2011, 09:46 PM
I dont know why all the Nets fans are bitter. Melo said from day 1 he wouldnt go there and he stuck by his word. The owner is smart and showing some pride, by not being desperate to make a rental and lose so much..

Bornknick73
01-19-2011, 09:47 PM
If im the Nets i make no moves I keep tanking the season and then I draft Kemba Walker out of UCONN.

Add that SG to the young mix.

koreancabbage
01-19-2011, 09:48 PM
This is a load of crap. Melo's side privately contacted the Nets and told them there was no need for a meeting, b/c Melo wasn't extending his deal with the Nets, all while the Boss was in the air. All he's trying to do is save face.

I think the only one in the room that thought the Nets had a chance of extending Melo is the Boss and JayZ.

who knows what happened for real lol

glad NJ is not doing it and smart for not doing it. Whoever Denver is sending Melo to, they are going to be raped of their assets.

PhillyFaninLA
01-19-2011, 10:07 PM

Ummmm, the trade deadline is February 24. I think they can find a deal of some kind.

Metsboi69
01-19-2011, 10:10 PM
I dont know why all the Nets fans are bitter. Melo said from day 1 he wouldnt go there and he stuck by his word. The owner is smart and showing some pride, by not being desperate to make a rental and lose so much..
Must have missed that one

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Jimmer Fredette!!

lol. Adam Morrison 2.0

SA5195
01-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Good decision. They were wasting too much time on a deal that was in talks for like 7 times, but never got through.

bklynny67
01-19-2011, 10:22 PM
not surprised by this at all. i've been having arguments for a while now with Nets fans who think its imminent... looks like i was right :)

Storch
01-19-2011, 10:24 PM
HA I knew that was going to happen to Denver. Knicks can probably try to offer less because they are one of the last bidders.

iamabeefcake
01-19-2011, 10:33 PM
As a Nets fan, I love this move. This puts all of the pressure on the Nuggets. We were giving up waaaaaay to much for this deal. I would still love to see Melo play for the Nets, but this deal has been hurting our team(like he mentioned in the conference). It's time for the Nuggets to notice that the current deal on the table was the best that they were going to get and like I mentioned earlier takes all of the pressure off of the Nets and onto the Nuggets to make a deal.

Who know's we still might get Melo but maybe for less then our original offer(Proky was shutting down questions in regards to the same deal that's on the table). I just don't see another team providing the kinds of pieces that we have offered in this deal.

P.S. I'm loving the way we're playing against Utah tonight. The whole team can finally focus on playing basketball instead of wondering where which team they'l be playing for tomorrow.

In Proky we trust

iamabeefcake
01-19-2011, 10:36 PM
I think Nets have done a good job, with or without Melo, they got draft picks. And there going to need a young team either way when they enter brooklyn.

No one in BK is going to want to see a bunch of established vets. They are going to want it to feel like there team, not what NJ had left over.

Yeah but at the same time the Net's can't afford to have a ****** team when they go to Brooklyn. They need to establish a fan base and as much as Melo would have brought wins the the Nets he also would have brought more value in a fan base.

NBA-GMaster
01-19-2011, 10:45 PM
NICE decision!!

JerseysFinest
01-19-2011, 10:48 PM
I really can't imagine the Nuggets not wanting Fields, Chandler, Gallo, Curry, picks, and cash. I mean they would want max value for their player right?

Giaps
01-19-2011, 11:02 PM
I really can't imagine the Nuggets not wanting Fields, Chandler, Gallo, Curry, picks, and cash. I mean they would want max value for their player right?
They're not getting all that. If NJ is out, Chicago isn't giving up Noah and DEN don't want Deng, NY seems to be the only one left standing and Walsh is bidding against himself. Give up a small package now or sign him outright in 4 months. Denver is in a tough spot.

blueplanet
01-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Good! Next year Miami, Boston, Magic, Knicks, and Atlanta will be top 5 seed in the east. Go knicks! I would love to see him in NY. Knicks fans cheer up!

drobe86
01-19-2011, 11:06 PM
The Nets aren't building to win now, they want to be young and talented when they get to NJ. Melo was the perfect peace for that move, but they still have 5 draft picks to make the move to BK a good one.

Den is the team that really loses out here.

Problem is, none of the players the Nets have right now will be on the time by the time NJ gets good. They're not a single player on the roster that you can build around. Devin Harris is ok, and Lopez is ok but can't rebound.... They blew this...

USMCLaker
01-19-2011, 11:07 PM
"Denver Nuggets I will break you"

lilojmayo
01-19-2011, 11:11 PM

BTW...

>>>>>>>>>

For the future at least.

I completely agree here. OJ Mayo i dont what his stats are the man knows how to play the game of basketball. Can he shoot check, can he pass check, is he athletic check, a decent defender check. Kobe said " OJ is the complete package". When Kobe talks, listen.

I expect Prokhorov to make the run for OJ Mayo now. Grizzlies are desperate for a 3 point shooter, Vujacic (shooter) and the Nets 1st rounder lottery pick this year will do it.

Devin Harris and OJ Mayo backcourt is very dynamic one, then Lopez and Favors down low. You have yourself a bright future.

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Prokho called Melo "Carmela"..lulz

WizFan3
01-19-2011, 11:13 PM
yes finally now maybe wiz can go after him screw nj and ny and chi

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-19-2011, 11:14 PM
And Jon Barry just said Melo's "life is at stake" in regards to this whole situation :laugh:

Dr. RPG
01-19-2011, 11:23 PM
In Russia, Deal reject you!

netsgiantsyanks
01-19-2011, 11:23 PM
:phew:

Super.
01-19-2011, 11:28 PM
I like this new owner

Mishmin
01-19-2011, 11:30 PM
So NY will give curry's contract, randolph, picks, and one of those three bigger young names. Chandler, Gallinari, or Fields. Which one of those do you let get away?

xabial
01-19-2011, 11:42 PM
I would give them one of Danilo Gallinari, Landry Fields, or Wilson Chandler, A 1st rounder obtained from Anthony Randolph, and Eddy Curry's Expiring Contract. Seems a bit much, considering NJ's out but i would pull the trigger.

AddiX
01-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Problem is, none of the players the Nets have right now will be on the time by the time NJ gets good. They're not a single player on the roster that you can build around. Devin Harris is ok, and Lopez is ok but can't rebound.... They blew this...

I don't think they blew it, Denver want's there top draft pick from last year, A bunch of 1st round draft picks, and they want them to take Al Harrington (3 year contract).

And Denver can't even get Melo to meet them. WTF else can NJ do?

arkanian215
01-19-2011, 11:50 PM
I don't think they blew it, Denver want's there top draft pick from last year, A bunch of 1st round draft picks, and they want them to take Al Harrington (4 year contract).

And Denver can't even get Melo to meet them. WTF else can NJ do?

Give up Damion James and take back Renaldo Balkman.

MrfadeawayJB
01-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Denver got what they deserved. Now they get to watch Melo waltz out the door to broadway. Denver never had any leverage, and they tried to control way too much

Crackadalic
01-20-2011, 12:03 AM
I would give them one of Danilo Gallinari, Landry Fields, or Wilson Chandler, A 1st rounder obtained from Anthony Randolph, and Eddy Curry's Expiring Contract. Seems a bit much, considering NJ's out but i would pull the trigger.

If we obtain a 2012 pick for AR we can trade our 2011 and 2013 pick just in case they want more. If not then denver loses melo in FA

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Good call. A man with that much money will not allow himself to look desperate.

IBleedPurple
01-20-2011, 12:52 AM
In Russia, Deal reject you!

lol

mjt20mik
01-20-2011, 01:13 AM
He's a Russian boss. They don't play no games up there in Russia yo.

In mother Russia, games play you!

Kyben36
01-20-2011, 01:26 AM

bulls are unlikley, thye dont want to part with more than Deng and Taj ( maybe a few other players as well ), that pick could come in handy though, the one from the bobcats.

John Walls Era
01-20-2011, 01:43 AM
Denver got what they deserved. Now they get to watch Melo waltz out the door to broadway. Denver never had any leverage, and they tried to control way too much

How is it Denver's fault? Melo didn't want to go...

Hellcrooner
01-20-2011, 01:58 AM
i bet my *** this is a nets strategy to outbid knicks at the last minute.