PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson doesn't see Heat getting by Celtics

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 06:27 PM
If the Los Angeles Lakers made it to the NBA Finals, coach Phil Jackson wouldn't necessarily expect to see the Miami Heat there with them.

He told Max Kellerman on 710 ESPN that he respected the individual talents of Heat superstars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, but he didn't think Miami could overtake the Boston Celtics in the playoffs.

"I personally don't think they can get by Boston," Jackson said. "I think Boston is too good a team. I think a team is still going to win.

"But there's a chance that [the Heat] ... can maybe round themselves into a team by that time and [win].

"Boston is older and they have to go through the rest of the schedule without having some kind of breakdown of players. [Ray] Allen and [Kendrick] Perkins, etc., they are just really a good team.

"But there's nothing like the great athletic skill and dynamism that [James and Wade] have and [Chris] Bosh is a terrific player in his own right. There's no doubt about their individual skills."

Jackson also talked about his use of the media to get his message across to his players.

"There is the idea that you can encourage the team through public statements ... I do sometimes say the most honest thing to reporters," Jackson said. "I'll be very blunt and make a statement that's as true as I can make it. But there's always a little encouragement for the team to do better and to improve at a certain level.

"I think the press is there for your services as a coach. I think that's a message you can use to get across."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6038354

SteBO
01-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Can't say I blame him. Boston, when healthy is the best team in the NBA. Hopefully the Heat can iron out there problems in late game situations so we fare better against them.

GodsSon
01-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Let the war of words begin...

LayZbone
01-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Well that is the big question. I will agree that Boston stands as the largest obstacle, perhaps in the entire league, between the Miami Heat and an NBA title this year. They may be old, but holy crap they have a lot of weapons. When healthy, they're like an 11-man roster of starters lol. Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, Shaq, Perk, JO, Davis, Daniels, West, Robinson. Insane depth.

kjoke
01-19-2011, 06:33 PM
id have to agree too, the only one team i respect that could beat the heat in the playoffs is the celtics, they are too good, yet i would say never when it comes to my heat, theres 3 good players who can step it up and win games for us

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Can't say I blame him. Boston, when healthy is the best team in the NBA. Hopefully the Heat can iron out there problems in late game situations so we fare better against them.

don't worry, if you dont win it this year, next year you should cause im sure you'll sign some other guys in the off season. just enjoy your two superstars you lucky bastards.

Hustlenomics
01-19-2011, 06:35 PM
he's right but i think he's trying to motivate the Heat

ThunderZubb
01-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Heat biggest competition are the bulls and celtics so good luck Miami Heat its going to be interesting come playoff time. I cant wait for it and its going to be exciting.

tdunk21
01-19-2011, 06:39 PM
oops

SteBO
01-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Heat biggest competition are the bulls and celtics so good luck Miami Heat its going to be interesting come playoff time. I cant wait for it and its going to be exciting.

Replace with Magic and I'll probably agree. Bulls are elite, but they aren't better than the Magic

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Replace with Magic and I'll probably agree. Bulls are elite, but they aren't better than the Magic

your opinion, if the bulls got melo without giving up noah and had a line up of rose, melo,boozer, and noah, where would you rank them? I know its not gonna happen but hypothetically.

tdunk21
01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
he is right to some extent considering heat lost to celtics in both the games they faced each other......celtics are the best in NBA when healthy....a healthy celtic team can take out lakers, spurs, heat and magic

tdunk21
01-19-2011, 06:46 PM
your opinion, if the bulls got melo without giving up noah and had a line up of rose, melo,boozer, and noah, where would you rank them? I know its not gonna happen but hypothetically.

i'd say that team is better on paper until they prove everyone wrong....

Hawkeye15
01-19-2011, 06:48 PM
I think his opinion is the general fans opinion as well. I feel the same way. Can the Heat beat them? Sure, why not. Will they? ehhh, I simply have to see it to believe it.

Flash3
01-19-2011, 06:48 PM

ahead of the magic, with HEAT celtics territory. they can definitely challenge and even beat either of them in a playoff series.

AlvaROD
01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
If he say's it, it must be true...

SteBO
01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
If you guys get Melo, then you're definitely ahead of Orlando and can has a breat chance at beating Miami and Boston in a playoffs no doubt. I know that wouldn't solve your Dwight Howard problems, but Melo gives you another versatile offensive weapon on the perimeter that Orlando has no answers for defensively. Add that to the fact that it takes pressure off of D-Rose to score, you won't see what you had endure during that Charlotte game the other night. Orlando doesn't have the consistent perimeter threat, even with the Areans addition. And when Dwight gets in foul trouble, they'll have problems.

LayZbone
01-19-2011, 06:51 PM

I'd rank Chicago ahead of Orlando right now in terms of biggest challenges for the Heat, simply because Orlando doesn't have the frontcourt depth after Dwight, and if he gets in foul trouble, they're done. Their perimeter D is laughable, and we have arguably the 2 best perimeter players (or just players for that matter) in the game. Dwight would have to play his eyes out. And they'd have to be lights out from candy land. Although, the Heat have great rotations and opp. 3fg%.
Chicago on the other hand...we would really need Udonis back healthy, and into the rotation to combat the rebounding of a Noah/Boozer frontcourt. Rose will also torch our PGs. Even so, I don't think they have enough to beat Miami in 7 games right now. It would really depend on what you give up to get Melo, but I honestly don't think he's a good fit.

Avenged
01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I agree.. and although Phil doesn't see the Heat beating the Celtics, he does say there's a chance they could..

The Celtics have been together longer and are more experienced individually and as a team. They have earned their respect. The Heat have to do the same as a team.

kblo247
01-19-2011, 06:54 PM
He really shouldn't have to say it because Boston has earned that respect by beating him a 7 game series.

LayZbone
01-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Yeah, there's no doubting that the Cs have earned their title as best team in the East. I'm confident the Heat can prove otherwise, but that's just it.....they have to prove it. I also don't think that it was too fair for the Heat to face Boston twice during that bumpy 9-8 start, or I should say that that's not the best sample for determining how these two teams match up now. Both teams fully healthy would be one hell of a series.

jim51990
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM
i agree but he should worry about his own team because if they dont improve they wont be there either

chicago lulz
01-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Phil Jackson, the fortune teller. Just another man's opinion amongst the million other opinions in the nba world. Although, if there's any team in the East I have confidence in beating the Heat in a 7 game is Boston. I haven't watched much of the Magic this year, especially since the changes, so I can't really judge. Bulls? Eh, I don't know. The only game played was incomplete as far as full rosters, and I would have to see more consistency from the Bulls. No more of that 'play down to the opponents level" kind of stuff when playing below 500 teams.

avrpatsfan
01-19-2011, 07:24 PM
I don't see the Heat getting by the Celtics either.

TheWatcher34
01-19-2011, 07:32 PM
it's so hypothetical. Phil needs to worry about his Lakers getting to the Finals first and then we can have a discussion

kobe24>lebron23
01-19-2011, 07:33 PM
i agree but he should worry about his own team because if they dont improve they wont be there either

U really havent seen the lakers play lately have u... And y u bashing phil i mean he is complementing ur team...
And dont worry about the lakers they'll be playing come june baring any major injury!

kobe24>lebron23
01-19-2011, 07:36 PM
it's so hypothetical. Phil needs to worry about his Lakers getting to the Finals first and then we can have a discussion

Céltica fans please stop seriously your team will have moré trouble comig out of the east then The lakers coming out of the west! And ugh the lakers have only lost like 2-3 games since bynum has started so dont worry about the lakers! Worry about kg,rondo,shaq and Paulina staying healthy just like ill worry about my team staying healthy!

Big Zo
01-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Phil jackson can eat a giant black...

h2r09
01-19-2011, 07:40 PM
he is completely right. as of right now the celtics are just plain and simple a better TEAM then the heat. their pieces fit together much better and because this isnt their first year together they have 10x more depth then the heat. they, and mario chalmers, juwan howard, and carlos arroyo are the only thing standing between us.

just watch them play. come crunch time when they need a bucket, they have 4 stars they can go to or like 4 guys off the bench that im sure they would feel cofortable taking an open shot. that and they run their offense flawlessly where it is automatic they get an open shot regardless of defense.

that team is a juggernaut and channeling my pedro martinez here, they are our daddy.

they are the only team that cant beat miami in a 7 game series in the east. other teams could force us to 6 or maybe even 7 but the bulls or magic wouldnt really be a threat to us in a long series.

kntresistheheat
01-19-2011, 07:48 PM
I agree.. and although Phil doesn't see the Heat beating the Celtics, he does say there's a chance they could..

The Celtics have been together longer and are more experienced individually and as a team. They have earned their respect. The Heat have to do the same as a team.

This.

I just dont see the heat beating Orlando, Bulls, and then the celtics. It would be to much for the big 3 to carry and our bench is not good enough to help them and not to mention we are weak at the 5. Its just going to be an exciting playoffs and they wont go quietly.

Kevj77
01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Phil is right. The Celtics are the team of the present. The Heat are the team of the future. Heat will continue to fill out their roster each year until they are the Beast of the East. Can they beat them of course, but the Celtics are the favorites.

TheWatcher34
01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Céltica fans please stop seriously your team will have moré trouble comig out of the east then The lakers coming out of the west! And ugh the lakers have only lost like 2-3 games since bynum has started so dont worry about the lakers! Worry about kg,rondo,shaq and Paulina staying healthy just like ill worry about my team staying healthy!

ok, thanks. maybe.

kobe24>lebron23
01-19-2011, 07:53 PM
ok, thanks. maybe.

Thanks and hopefully we see each other in june... I wouldnt mind Miami though lol

Jonathan2323
01-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Well that is the big question. I will agree that Boston stands as the largest obstacle, perhaps in the entire league, between the Miami Heat and an NBA title this year. They may be old, but holy crap they have a lot of weapons. When healthy, they're like an 11-man roster of starters lol. Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, Shaq, Perk, JO, Davis, Daniels, West, Robinson. Insane depth.

It won't matter in the playoffs though when the rotations usually shrink to an 8 or 9 player rotation.

I like that the HEAT are not the favorites.

_KB24_
01-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Celtics & Lakers battle out for the right to see who's mini era this is. It would easily be the best basketball series to watch considering all the positives it brings to the table. And even without the whole Lakers/Celtics moniker, this is truly now a rivalry.

Arch Stanton
01-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Maybe next year Miami. Although, if Melo and Paul go to the Knicks maybe not?

John Walls Era
01-19-2011, 08:01 PM
I think the Celtics will win, but I wouldn't bet against a team with Wade and Lebron. Phil Jackson should worry about his own conference.

Kashmir13579
01-19-2011, 08:01 PM
It won't matter in the playoffs though when the rotations usually shrink to an 8 or 9 player rotation.

I like that the HEAT are not the favorites.

LMFAO. yea bro, it definitely won't help them in the playoffs.

knicks4life33
01-19-2011, 08:02 PM
phil is right the celtics are the defending east champs and have had miami's number this season and lebrons number in the past so if they do meet I see celtics winning in 6

CB29
01-19-2011, 08:08 PM
I swear to god i've read him say this before

Jonathan2323
01-19-2011, 08:08 PM
LMFAO. yea bro, it definitely won't help them in the playoffs.

Nate and Delonte won't both play

Jo, Shaq and Perkins won't all play.

Thats what im getting at unless theres fouls trouble.

They have great depth, but not everyone will see the court if they are healthy.

BrahCake954
01-19-2011, 08:10 PM

the bulls should worry about beating bobcats, kincks, and nets before theyworry about ant top 4 team in east

LayZbone
01-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Nate and Delonte won't both play

Jo, Shaq and Perkins won't all play.

Thats what im getting at unless theres fouls trouble.

They have great depth, but not everyone will see the court if they are healthy.

Yeah, as far as JO, you would think that Boston should know 1st hand how he shows up in the playoffs....who could forget his 4ppg on 20% shooting as Miami's STARTING center last year :pity:. I doubt he gets much playoff PT if Perkins and Shaq are 100%.

BrahCake954
01-19-2011, 08:26 PM
lmao JO carreer is probably done anyway

Bruno
01-19-2011, 08:48 PM
This shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. The Celtics are proven, and the reigning EC champs. Until they are dethroned, or hit by serious injury they should be the favorites.

I mean, were talking about a Boston team that could have three-peated if not for injury. Nobody doubts the individual talent in South Beach, but they too have been dealing with injuries, and haven't proven they can dominate as a team in a best of seven. Nor have they had the chance. Which is why they are legit contenders and not favorites.

Hoopsadvocate
01-19-2011, 09:00 PM

same as if the HEAT got dwight howard without giving up lebron,wade, or bosh hypothetically speaking of course aka it doesnt matter!!!

Ty Fast
01-19-2011, 09:05 PM
****** phil jackson
****** the lakers
****** the celtic
we"ll see you in june

nastylikedwade
01-19-2011, 09:07 PM
I agree with him.

_Supreme_
01-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Who the feth cares what Phil Jackson has to say. Let him worry about his own team instead of others. The Lakers might not even make the Finals themselves.

It was probably a response to a question by a journalist, but still he needs to stfu.

ElMarroAfamado
01-19-2011, 09:28 PM
The Heat are not getting by alot of teams. The Celtics included. The Heat and their fans dont realize that they are not ALWAYS going to get dunk after dunk after dunk and layup after layup after layup...you know teams adjust and they will realize this is all your "superstars" can do.

Bruno
01-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Who the feth cares what Phil Jackson has to say. Let him worry about his own team instead of others. The Lakers might not even make the Finals themselves.

It was probably a response to a question by a journalist, but still he needs to stfu.

While it might be annoying for some fans, Phil can pretty much say whatever he wants regarding players or teams in the NBA. When you've won 11 of the past 20 championships, you kind of had a get out of jail free card that never expires.

The Heat are not getting by alot of teams. The Celtics included. The Heat and their fans dont realize that they are not ALWAYS going to get dunk after dunk after dunk and layup after layup after layup...you know teams adjust and they will realize this is all your "superstars" can do.

That's a good point. I thought the Lakers were going to bring their offensive A game against Boston in game 7 of the 2010 finals. Instead it turned into a defensive battle, and most of the energy and focus was shifted to defense, by both teams. Look no further than the offensively gifted Lakers shooting 27-83 from the field for the game as your evidence.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2010061713

_Supreme_
01-19-2011, 10:14 PM
While it might be annoying for some fans, Phil can pretty much say whatever he wants regarding players or teams in the NBA. When you've won 11 of the past 20 championships, you kind of had a get out of jail free card that never expires.

You mean those championships were handed to him on a silver platter by his stacked teams & the luxury of sitting back and watching the most dominant players of their era do 90% of the work for you. Most overrated coach ever right there.

In the end this has to do with class though, and not titles. Even 100 titles don't grant you permission to be classless and unprofessional.

I don't see guys Greg Popovic, Jerry Sloan, George Karl, Pat Riley and the likes run their mouth about other teams. Phil just needs to retire and stfu already. I have no respect for that man.

camador22
01-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Im a Heat fan and I will admit the Celtics will give us serious problem due to our lack of playmakers and size. Orlando can't be overlooked as well but Celitcs at this point are the team to beat and it's hard to see Miami win in 7 as of right now.

_Supreme_
01-19-2011, 10:23 PM

Judging by your sig and your moronic comments you are just a simpleton hater and you clearly haven't even watched their games if you think that all they do is dunk and make layups.

Bruno
01-19-2011, 10:26 PM
You mean those championships were handed to him on a silver platter by his stacked teams & the luxury of sitting back and watching the most dominant players of their era do 90% of the work for you. Most overrated coach ever right there.

In the end this has to do with class though, and not titles. Even 100 titles don't grant you permission to be classless and unprofessional.

I don't see guys Greg Popovic, Jerry Sloan, George Karl, Pat Riley and the likes run their mouth about other teams. Phil just needs to retire and stfu already. I have no respect for that man.

Well, okay, but he says what he wants anyways. Who's stopping him? Who's preventing him from saying things like this in the future? Nobody. And nobody is going to, because he's Phil Jackson. Individuals can defend themselves, and call him out if they disagree like SVG did earlier in the year, but it's not going to stop Phil from speaking his mind.

_Supreme_
01-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Well, okay, but he says what he wants anyways. Who's stopping him? Who's preventing him from saying things like this in the future? Nobody. And nobody is going to, because he's Phil Jackson. Individuals can defend themselves, and call him out if they disagree like SVG did earlier in the year, but it's certainly not going to stop Phil from speaking his mind.

Charles Barkley does that exact same thing too.

So can we conclude that Phil Jackson = Charles Barkley?

:D

el_primo_nano
01-19-2011, 10:31 PM
The man knows what it takes to win a title or two.. Or maybe eleven. :laugh2: seriously though, as we have seen in the past 3 games if the big three arent playing, the team has no purpose or no direction. I feel for Spoulstra because he tried to instill a system but the big three's ego's wouldnt buy into it, so he pretty much told Lebron and Wade to go out and take over. Its not a team yet, as there is no system in place

DwayneMVPwade
01-19-2011, 10:45 PM
I dont see Lakers beating the Boston Celtics

Arch Stanton
01-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Charles Barkley does that exact same thing too.

So can we conclude that Phil Jackson = Charles Barkley?

:D

Yeah doesn't someone on the Miami Heat run his mouth too? So can we conclude Charles Barkley = LeBron James. Hey they both haven't won any championships.

magichatnumber9
01-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Obviously Phil's team doesn't need his full attention with Kobe taking over the coaching the last few years. So he has all this free time smoking weed and watching the NBA channel. Phil just can't get around to asking another important question. Can his Lakers get past the Boston Celtics?

flyinlow
01-19-2011, 11:16 PM
I dont see Lakers beating the Boston Celtics

LOL... ummm do you recall who beat who last year to win it all??

blueplanet
01-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Boston is the best team in the league hands down. I am die hard Heat fan and this is the only team that I am worrying about. They have a deadly combination of size, defense, and clutch players like no other team does. Pierce and Allen are by far the most clutch pair in the game. They seem to make every shot down the stretch.

Super.
01-19-2011, 11:27 PM
LOL... ummm do you recall who beat who last year to win it all??

LOL....ummm do you not remember the Celtics were missing Perkins (one of the best low post defenders in the league) and didn't have Shaq, JO, West, and Von Wafer.

WizFan3
01-19-2011, 11:29 PM
its amazing how ppl post stuff that no one cares about who cares who said what i h8 jackson hes a cocky guy now i agree with him on celtics finishin better but everyone needs to stop payin attention to what he says its annoying

koreancabbage
01-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Boston is the best team in the league hands down. I am die hard Heat fan and this is the only team that I am worrying about. They have a deadly combination of size, defense, and clutch players like no other team does. Pierce and Allen are by far the most clutch pair in the game. They seem to make every shot down the stretch.

best team in the EAST for sure
but you still got San Antonio and the Lakers in the West.

Hustlenomics
01-19-2011, 11:34 PM
****** phil jackson
****** the lakers
****** the celtic
we"ll see you in june

yea on TV

blueplanet
01-19-2011, 11:38 PM
best team in the EAST for sure
but you still got San Antonio and the Lakers in the West.

NO. That's your opinion. IMO Bostons are the toughest team and they have EVERYTHING unlike no other team. Their combination is deadly. I don't feel the same way about any other team.

dodie53
01-19-2011, 11:43 PM
ok phil.

MrfadeawayJB
01-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Phil should just keep his mouth shut, because whatever he says is sure to p**** off another contender. If he says Boston or Orlando is better than Miami, he slights miami, and vice versa. The fact of the matter is the Lakers may not be totally healthy in the playoffs, and if they face a healthy C's team, they will surley lose. A healthy miami team will give them a run for their money as well. But that little extra motivation they get from hearing phil mouth off might just ignite them enough to beat the lakers in 7 games, doubtful, but it could happen

Crackadalic
01-20-2011, 12:08 AM
People forget how loaded that team is when healthy. Its not even fair if you ask me. Id be shocked if the C's didnt win it all this year

Russollini
01-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Wade>Allan
Bron>Pierce
Bosh<KG (KG still is a Beast)
Rondo>PG
C=C

Celtics Bench>=Miami The Heat has some real strong points on the Bench and when Miller and UD come back we may have a slight edge at some positions off the Bench, but right now the Cs have an edge.

I actually think our Big Three>then the Cs Big Three, but the difference is they have a REALLY GOOD COACH and can play as a team.

Spo is nowhere near the coach Doc Rivers is and we need that type coach to make this happen. I honestly see this coming down to coaching.

MrfadeawayJB
01-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Wade>Allan
Bron>Pierce
Bosh<KG (KG still is a Beast)
Rondo>PG
C=C
Celtics Bench>=Miami The Heat has some real strong points on the Bench and when Miller and UD come back we may have a slight edge at some positions off the Bench, but right now the Cs have an edge.I actually think our Big Three>then the Cs Big Three, but the difference is they have a REALLY GOOD COACH and can play as a team.

Spo is nowhere near the coach Doc Rivers is and we need that type coach to make this happen. I honestly see this coming down to coaching.

Dude WTF---->:facepalm:

flyinlow
01-20-2011, 12:19 AM
LOL....ummm do you not remember the Celtics were missing Perkins (one of the best low post defenders in the league) and didn't have Shaq, JO, West, and Von Wafer.

ummm washed up superstar is going to make a big difference!!!.
Without a question Celtics are one of the best team in the league but your basing on argument on these bench player is simply :facepalm:

Russollini
01-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Dude WTF---->:facepalm:

Read the entire statement...when Miller and UD are back we have an edge at some positions off the bench.

Who on this list is that much better then UD and Miller:
Avery Bradley
Marquis Daniels
Glen Davis
Semih Erden
Luke Harangody
Jermaine O'Neal
Shaquille O'Neal
Nate Robinson
Von Wafer
Delonte West

UD takes most of these forwards out and I would take him over either O'Neal. As for Miller, he is better then Wafer, Robinson (maybe), Erden, Daniels or Bradley. So yes, what is wrong with saying that. The Cs are better coached with better rotations and ball movement, that is the biggest difference. They know how to play B-Ball as a team and how to really sacrifice to win.

MrfadeawayJB
01-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Read the entire statement...when Miller and UD are back we have an edge at some positions off the bench.

Avery Bradley
Marquis Daniels
Glen Davis
Semih Erden
Luke Harangody
Jermaine O'Neal
Shaquille O'Neal
Nate Robinson
Von Wafer
Delonte West

UD takes most of these forwards out and I would take him over either O'Neal. As for Miller, he is better then Wafer, Robinson (maybe), Erden, Daniels or Bradley. So yes, what is wrong with saying that. The Cs are better coached with better rotations and ball movement, that is the biggest difference. They know how to play B-Ball as a team and how to really sacrifice to win.

When you said that the c's have the better overall bench for now is what got me. Also you said the Center positoion is equal? I have no idea where you get that from because the Celtics have the best frontline depth in the NBA. Also i think Glen Davis is slightly below Haslem, and Miller is better than all the bench players for the Celtics

Crackadalic
01-20-2011, 12:29 AM

Avery Bradley
Marquis Daniels
Glen Davis
Semih Erden
Luke Harangody
Jermaine O'Neal
Shaquille O'Neal
Nate Robinson
Von Wafer
Delonte West

There is so much wrong in this post its not even funny

Rondo>>>>Heat pg
Ray<Wade
Pierce</=Lebron terms of matching up
Kg=Bosh KG is a tougher defender
Perkins/Shaq/Jermain>>>>>>>>>>Heat C

Big Baby=Haslem
Nate/Delotne/Daniels>Miller

The only thing the heat has is the powerhouse of the big three but come on the bench ***** on the heat bench any day of the weak

Any this is without putting coaching and chemistry in the equation. Heat will win a chip next year but not this year

MrfadeawayJB
01-20-2011, 12:37 AM

Rondo>>>>Heat pg
Ray<Wade

Big Baby=Haslem

The only thing the heat has is the powerhouse of the big three but come on the bench ***** on the heat bench any day of the weak

Any this is without putting coaching and chemistry in the equation. Heat will win a chip next year but not this year

I agree and that what i tried to explain Russollini....Celtics have very few weaknesses and they are a lock for a champ in my mind...ecspecially if bynum gets hurt like he usually does

SiR Lakers III
01-20-2011, 12:39 AM
We've been there the past three years I don't think we need to worry. Signing 3 superstars like Miami did would be an embarassment if they didn't win the ship this year. I don't want to hear "they need time to mesh bs" boston did it there first year they signed there 3. I'm sure you guys can too.

Russollini
01-20-2011, 12:41 AM

Rondo>>>>Heat pg
Ray<Wade

Big Baby=Haslem

I am not arguing that the Heat Can win. I am a Heat fan, but I fear that our team, is just not a team. Look at my first post as well as this was a response. I actually think KG is better then Bosh. Miller, when healthy and getting shots, is as good as those guys.

Miller:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3404/career;_ylt=ArQT58EkClnxj9_8dTHUh9twPKB4
West:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3841/career;_ylt=ArQT58EkClnxj9_8dTHUh9sGPaB4
Nate (closest maybe to Miller):
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3947/career;_ylt=ArQT58EkClnxj9_8dTHUh9sqPaB4
Daniels (Really???):
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3764/career;_ylt=ArQT58EkClnxj9_8dTHUh9vqPKB4

The O'Neals cannot stay on the court. Perkins is better then the Heat's options, but if used right the Heat Cs can be effective in a rotation.

blueplanet
01-20-2011, 01:03 AM

Haha...do you really ever write anything else besides the Heat?

CowboysKB24
01-20-2011, 01:30 AM
I think it is great he gave a straight answer and was honest. I don't think you would get a straight answer from most coaches and I think it was truly honest. I agree with him. I think Miami is definitely becoming a "team", but Boston has the edge. They have proven themselves and even if they don't finish with the best record in the East, they'll still be the favorite. If they play in the playoffs it is going to be a great series. I can't wait for the playoffs.

THE MTL
01-20-2011, 01:50 AM
Lol Phil Jackson better hope that cause the Miami Heat will SH%@!^%!#&T all over the Lakers. Miami is a really bad matchup for Lakers and would crush them.

Lakers have a better chance against the Celtics, but at the same time the Celtics are the best team in the league when truly healthy. They added so much size that i dont think Gasol will be having a field-day as he was last year in the Finals.

h2r09
01-20-2011, 01:47 PM
We've been there the past three years I don't think we need to worry. Signing 3 superstars like Miami did would be an embarassment if they didn't win the ship this year. I don't want to hear "they need time to mesh bs" boston did it there first year they signed there 3. I'm sure you guys can too.

o so do 3 finals appearences make it automatic that you come back for a 4th with a better top half of the western conference, kobe looking older, bynum never staying healthy and artest jacking up 3's at will?

boston also had other pieces that they were able to sign for that team. miami had 2 guys,both of whom have ben injured most of the year and all minimum contracts. boston got a couple of players that were bought out, miami didnt. boston had a guy named rondo, miami didnt. bostons team is a better fit right away then miamis because they have big man, shooter, leader and scorer. miami has to wait to sign better pieces to put around the big 3.

whitemamba33
01-20-2011, 02:11 PM
I honestly don't see what the big deal is. I looked at the thread title and thought to myself "...this is going to be a 10+ page thread", and we are getting close really fast.

I'm sure he was asked a question, and he answered it. What kind of boring NBA would it be if players and coaches just gave a neutral answer when they were asked a question? I don't know about you, but if someone asks Phil Jackson a question, I want the honest answer. Not just the answer that is going to help me sleep at night.

It's not even like it was a message to bash the Heat. He gave them some love in there by saying that they could still win and that they have time to get to that level by the end of the season. But he knows what it takes to be a great team, and he can see that in the Celtics. If Heat fans have no other choice but to take that as some sort of huge insult, it really shows how fragile and unsure of themselves they are.

And to the Heat fan that was talking about class: What does your "class-o-meter" read when James ditched the Cavs on national television? Or posted on his twitter to rub their faces in a streak of losses?

whitemamba33
01-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Lol Phil Jackson better hope that cause the Miami Heat will SH%@!^%!#&T all over the Lakers. Miami is a really bad matchup for Lakers and would crush them.

Lakers have a better chance against the Celtics, but at the same time the Celtics are the best team in the league when truly healthy. They added so much size that i dont think Gasol will be having a field-day as he was last year in the Finals.

If it's alright with you, I'm going to take my predictions from people who aren't saying that the Knicks will beat the Lakers in the finals.

SteBO
01-20-2011, 05:11 PM
If it's alright with you, I'm going to take my predictions from people who aren't saying that the Knicks will beat the Lakers in the finals.
Who said that?

Jonathan2323
01-20-2011, 05:22 PM
If and when the HEAT beat the Celtics i hope the Lakers are in the Finals so Phil can witness the HEAT trashing his old team and sending him into retirement.

beasted86
01-20-2011, 05:24 PM
If and when the HEAT beat the Celtics i hope the Lakers are in the Finals so Phil can witness the HEAT trashing his old team and sending him into retirement.

This is pretty funny. I laughed.

That would be a bad way to go out on another Finals loss.

whitemamba33
01-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Who said that?

MTL's sig.

It was a joke though...so don't take it seriously.

whitemamba33
01-20-2011, 06:02 PM
lol I love how Phil is critisized for speaking his mind, yet people are in here saying WAY worse than he did.

Hypocrites.

SteBO
01-20-2011, 06:07 PM
lol I love how Phil is critisized for speaking his mind, yet people are in here saying WAY worse than he did.

Hypocrites.
I can't disagree with what Phil's saying.

GreatMustachio1
01-20-2011, 06:14 PM
i agree

blueplanet
01-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Phil is correct. Boston is by far the strongest and scariest team in the playoffs. If the HEAT get by the Celtics I am 99% confident they will win the championship. As of now, my pick for this year's ship a HEALTHY Celtics team.

AlvaROD
01-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Miami's a wild card. I think Boston wins in a series, but I just don't like the prospect of being able to stop LeBron & Wade in a must-win game. That's always going to give them a shot against anyone.

Still, I think we can see how this probably plays out. Boston packs the paint and forces Miami's role players to hit jump shots. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not betting on Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller and James Jones to get it done.