PDA

View Full Version : Melo's camp pushing for Chicago.

Pages : [1] 2

MurderousPress
01-19-2011, 04:16 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/01/report-carmelo-anthonys-camp-pushing-for-trade-to-chicago/

Not sure if this has been posted or not. This Melo-drama is really starting to get insane.

Regarding the article, I would never give up Noah for Melo. What do you guys think?

Minimal
01-19-2011, 04:19 PM
If they trade Noah that would be a big mistake for Bulls. They will be the weaker version of Oklahoma City Thunder in the East.

tdunk21
01-19-2011, 04:20 PM
i am pretty sure melo wants to go to knicks and thats where he will end up....on the other hand doubt bulls would do a noah for melo coz they will be givin up their center....

Rndy
01-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Don't see how Melo fits on the Bulls. He's not a SG, doesn't play defense, isn't efficient, and just annoys me.

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Just when I thought this Melo-to-Chicago stuff was dying down...here it flares up again

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Bulls fans dont seem to want Melo, at least most of us dont. We need a SG...and he's not that. Plus, he requires the ball a lot which doesnt work for us

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 04:30 PM
damnit...... not again. were not trading noah. if you wanna take gibson and some bench players along with drafts picks, cool, but not noah.

DamnGoat
01-19-2011, 04:31 PM
This won't happen.

It's just posturing by his camp to try to get the Nets or Knicks to overpay.

DoMeFavors
01-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Melo is so much better than Noah, I would do that in a heartbeat

Rose
Deng
Melo
Boozer
Thomas

Redbull
I would love Melo on this team but I just don't want to give up Noah.

Taj Gibson, James Johnson, Omer Asik, Kyle Korver and 2-3 future first round picks for Melo and I would do it all day.

SteBO
damnit...... not again. were not trading noah. if you wanna take gibson and some bench players along with drafts picks, cool, but not noah.
It would seem that the NBA analysts disagree, referring to Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy.

SNYmets86
01-19-2011, 04:34 PM
this is easily turning into lebron 2.0

but anyway idk what will the denver ask for
maybe gibson + picks

but if they do ask for noah . i will surely pass on that deal do to the fact is very rare to get a big man now and days

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 04:35 PM
It would seem that the NBA analysts disagree, referring to Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy.

I don't listen to those two clowns. they are the two guys on tv I don;t even ever take seriously. mark jackson said kobe was better then jordan, even Isiah thomas treated him and van gundy, well lets just say he isnt his brother.

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 04:36 PM
If we trade any of our top 3 players, I will be pissed. Deng is the best I could do for melo, Deng + others in a package.

not even Korver though because he's suddenly come out of his slump and is draining his 3's

210Don
01-19-2011, 04:37 PM
wow its getting annoying..........

Avenged
01-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Just a bunch of rumors now and speculation to make a buck.

Do not believe everything you guys read.

Tmo440
01-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Deng + Taj Gibson for Melo make it happen Gar.

Draco
01-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Wes loves Chicago.

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 04:51 PM
rose,melo,noah, and boozer is a wet dream

Yunqn
01-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Chicago is more realistic than new jersey. Its up to melo

But no for noah.. But if we can get a third team involved then who knows..

But like I said .. Chicago is & has a better chance then nj and no way for noah..

Idec though.. I'm not goina wait for melo anyway.. If he comes he comes

Flash3
01-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Bulls fans dont seem to want Melo, at least most of us dont. We need a SG...and he's not that. Plus, he requires the ball a lot which doesnt work for us

lol he still scores. you need scorers at the wing right ?

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 04:59 PM
we'd like an efficient scorer, yes, and we need a SG. Melo fixes neither of those problems

Tmo440
01-19-2011, 05:02 PM
The Bulls are a legit championship contending team if they can land Carmelo without giving up Noah. I wouldn't even care if Bogans is our starting shooting guard at that point. A line up of:
PG: Derrick Rose aka MVP
SG: Non existent aka Keith Bogans
SF: Carmelo Antohy
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Joakim Noah

It would be sick if we could land Melo without giving up Noah, I just don't see it happening without a thrid team getting involved.

Rndy
01-19-2011, 05:04 PM

Oh well why didn't you say so? He was so right about the heat breaking the Bulls win record this year.

lol he still scores. you need scorers at the wing right ?

No? We need a guard not a guy who can't even put up a 500 efg% so overrated.

bovice163
01-19-2011, 05:04 PM
**** Melo and his camp. If it happens, it happens. All this posturing needs to stop. Prokhorov needs to grow a pair and realize that this is the best move he can make at this point to become a playoff team. I don't care for him to play for the Bulls tbh.

SteBO
01-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Oh well why didn't you say so? He was so right about the heat breaking the Bulls win record this year.

No? We need a guard not a guy who can't even put up a 500 efg% so overrated.
I didn't say I agreed with them. Chicago would be nuts giving Noah.

Rndy
01-19-2011, 05:08 PM
**** Melo and his camp. If it happens, it happens. All this posturing needs to stop. Prokhorov needs to grow a pair and realize that this is the best move he can make at this point to become a playoff team. I don't care for him to play for the Bulls tbh.

What are you talking about? Nets have tried a lot to get Melo. He obviously doesn't want to sign an extension with them. So you want them to trade a crap ton of talent for a half year rental? On a team that has 0 chance to win anything?

uptownfan
01-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Has anyone ever noticed that it always seems to be the big market teams that are involved in all of these rumors?

Kobe, LeBron, KG, Bosh, Wade, Stoudemire, and now Melo. The list just goes on and on and on. He's gonna be on the Knicks

dtmagnet
01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
They won't get him without giving Noah and seems he is untouchable so I don't see a deal happening.

Don Starks
01-19-2011, 05:15 PM
This won't happen.

It's just posturing by his camp to try to get the Nets or Knicks to overpay.

this.

bovice163
01-19-2011, 05:15 PM
What are you talking about? Nets have tried a lot to get Melo. He obviously doesn't want to sign an extension with them. So you want them to trade a crap ton of talent for a half year rental? On a team that has 0 chance to win anything?

You're right, my bad. I just don't understand the thought process of players sometimes. He wants to play in NY, the Nets are moving to Brooklyn in 2 years. He wants to make money, I'm sure the Nets are more than willing to give him a hefty contract. He wants to win, the Nets are a lottery team with plenty of picks to go around. Whether they rebuild in the draft, or trade their picks for better players, either way they can create a very solid team.

JordansBulls
01-19-2011, 05:16 PM

Rose
Deng
Melo
Boozer
Thomas

Agreed

beasted86
01-19-2011, 05:16 PM
I don't know why, but I tend to believe 100% every single report about Carmelo Anthony being traded.

Maybe I'm just gullible.

KDM1986
01-19-2011, 05:17 PM
All this is just so the Nets or Knicks will amp up their offers for Melo. Everyone already knows the Nugs want Noah and not Deng and the Bulls wont let Noah go so the whole point is mute.

cargobox
01-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Imagine he just signs to Chicago during Free Agency.
Rose
Deng
Anthony
Boozer
Noah
:O

beasted86
01-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Rose
Deng
Anthony
Boozer
Noah

:confused:

for the mid-level?

THE_G.O.A.T.
01-19-2011, 05:23 PM
**** Melo, all he does is talk and shoot the ball. The Bulls need to find a shooting gaurd who can score.

bovice163
01-19-2011, 05:24 PM
:confused:

for the mid-level?

This. And there is no way in ****ing hell that Deng plays SG.

THE_G.O.A.T.
01-19-2011, 05:24 PM
at least Deng plays defense and doesn't cry about how he loves New York.

Minimal
01-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Players like Melo will never be great...

Draco
01-19-2011, 05:31 PM
edit: link fail.

Kashmir13579
01-19-2011, 05:42 PM
different story everyday until a move gets made.

Turtle55
01-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Until somebody shows me the fictional expiring contracts the Bulls have or the boatload of cap room they can offer Denver I'll chalk this one up as the most ridiculous "all star trade rumor" in Bulls history (and that's saying a ton).

Gators123
01-19-2011, 05:47 PM
different story everyday until a move gets made.

Yup.

Turtle55
01-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Am I alone in thinking I would MUCH rather get Gallinari, Fields, draft picks, and Curry's expiring than the Nets' Favors package? To me both guys from the Knicks appear to have a brighter future than Favors. That's assuming Walsh can get the picks he claims he can get.

akagiredsuns
01-19-2011, 05:48 PM

Rose
Deng
Melo
Boozer
Thomas

:facepalm:

Chucky Woods
01-19-2011, 05:52 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/01/report-carmelo-anthonys-camp-pushing-for-trade-to-chicago/

Not sure if this has been posted or not. This Melo-drama is really starting to get insane.

Regarding the article, I would never give up Noah for Melo. What do you guys think?Hahaha. I don't known if any nba executive wouldn't do that. He would make the Bulls that much better. Your giving up Noah an above average player for MELO an ELITE player.

abe_froman
01-19-2011, 05:54 PM
i think this just a ploy to strike fear in ny/nj to get more out of them ,no way does melo end up here

Chucky Woods
01-19-2011, 05:54 PM
:facepalm:Not really facepalm worthy. You are Overrating Noah if you facepalm that.

Hugbees
01-19-2011, 05:55 PM
slam online..lol

IBleedPurple
01-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Am I alone in thinking I would MUCH rather get Gallinari, Fields, draft picks, and Curry's expiring than the Nets' Favors package? To me both guys from the Knicks appear to have a brighter future than Favors. That's assuming Walsh can get the picks he claims he can get.

Nets deal is much better. Favors has a ton of potential, and two first round draft picks with Murphy is more attractive then an expiring, a mediocre player in Gallo, and one draft pick.

As for the trade, not gonna happen. And if someone wouldn't give up Noah for Melo, well....:facepalm:

abe_froman
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Rose
Deng
Anthony
Boozer
Noah
we dont have money in the offseason to sign him

They won't get him without giving Noah and seems he is untouchable so I don't see a deal happening.
this.

they can trade noah over my dead body,but wont come to that.

Chucky Woods
01-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Nets deal is much better. Favors has a ton of potential, and two first round draft picks with Murphy is more attractive then an expiring, a mediocre player in Gallo, and one draft pick.

As for the trade, not gonna happen. And if someone wouldn't give up Noah for Melo, well....:facepalm: Exactly what I was thinking.

Turtle55
01-19-2011, 06:02 PM

As for the trade, not gonna happen. And if someone wouldn't give up Noah for Melo, well....:facepalm:

I also included Fields who has had a far more impressive rookie season that Favors (yeah yeah system I know). Favors screams of bust or Tyrus Thomas/Stromile Swift remake. It should be more than one draft pick according to Walsh.

As far as Noah for Melo goes, no way would I make that deal. An offense only player on a team that has two primary offensive options and a solid third option for one of the three or four best centers in basketball. Seems like a horrible move for the immediate future in Chicago.

abe_froman
01-19-2011, 06:03 PM
how is that hard to understand or even bad for you?

our front office wouldnt and most of our fanbase agrees with them.so whats the problem,why act as if it offends and hurts you so

omdigga
01-19-2011, 06:07 PM
i think noah is more valuable to chicago than melo.. chi town needs another scoring option but at the sg position, not sf..
i dont see denver getting a better deal than what the nets are offering..

Raps08-09 Champ
01-19-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm shocked that people don't want to trade a top 20 big man for a top 20 player.

justinnum1
01-19-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm shocked that people don't want to trade a top 20 big man for a top 20 player.

Same

DaBUU
01-19-2011, 06:15 PM
cant wait till the deadline passes. Dont even want te guy, would much rather get OJ Mayo. Costs less, wont need to give up Noah, plays the spot that we are in most need of. And we already have a top ten SF.

DoMeFavors
01-19-2011, 06:16 PM
If anyone wants to hear the nets owner speak about the Melo thing 5:30 NBA tv watch it.

abe_froman
01-19-2011, 06:18 PM

not your team,so why do you care so much if we do or dont want to do it

fadedmario
01-19-2011, 06:24 PM
Chicago is a better team without him.

chickendinner11
01-19-2011, 06:26 PM
is it me or if this keeps dragging on and on and keeps getting closer to the deadline the nuggets are screwing themselves? the offers are just going to get worse and worse if i'm not wrong.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-19-2011, 06:28 PM
If they trade Noah that would be a big mistake for Bulls. They will be the weaker version of Oklahoma City Thunder in the East.

no they wouldnt... Chicago is still winning ball games without Noah.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-19-2011, 06:32 PM
not your team,so why do you care so much if we do or dont want to do it

Fair enough.

So next time, I better not see your ****ing *** talk about any other team.

abe_froman
01-19-2011, 06:34 PM
no they wouldnt... Chicago is still winning ball games without Noah.

and we won ball games the entire season without melo to

we'll def need the size and intensity he brings come playoff time because we'll get destroyed on the inside by the bostons or orlando's and their size

ThunderZubb
01-19-2011, 06:34 PM
I am sorry bulls fans the only way they get Melo is that they gotta give up Noah in any deal and it seems bulls fans are against giving up noah in which i agree with you guys. I wouldnt give up noah for melo in any deal so other than that Melo will not end up in chicago if they don't give up Noah just to be realistic

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Prokhorov is pissed with the whole Melo situation

faze38
01-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Man Denver really doesn't want to send him to the Knicks huh! I think Donnie has to stop low balling them and get a deal done even if it cost us Chandler and Gallo! It's time to make moves because if Melo is asking for Chicago that means that he is getting tired of waiting!

FinsSuperBowl
01-19-2011, 06:46 PM

Rose
Deng
Melo
Boozer
Thomas
If the bulls get Mello, Deng will be on his way out. The Bulls will either get JR smith or OJ Mayo

Southsideheat
01-19-2011, 06:49 PM

becauses this isn't fantasy basketball, it's real basketball with real schemes and real games that matter.

AlvaROD
01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Melo needs to stop being a ***** and play out his contract with denver..

Raps08-09 Champ
01-19-2011, 06:54 PM
becauses this isn't fantasy basketball, it's real basketball with real schemes and real games that matter.

Well in theory, the better players you have, the better your team should be.

Example: See Cleveland and Miami. Better players=More wins.

Southsideheat
01-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Melo needs to stop being a ***** and play out his contract with denver..

he's been wanting that the whole time.

Southsideheat
01-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Well in theory, the better players you have, the better your team should be.

Example: See Cleveland and Miami. Better players=More wins.

has nothing to do what i'm talking about.

kblo247
01-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Bulls should do it if they get JR back in a deal with him.

JR and Melo for Deng, Gibson, Bobcats pick, and scraps to make the finances work

AlvaROD
01-19-2011, 06:58 PM
he's been wanting that the whole time.

how's that? when he has openly stated he want's a trade.....

http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/1/4/1913169/aldridge-melo-told-nuggets-last-week-he-wants-out-of-denver

Denver-boy
01-19-2011, 07:05 PM
darn i dont want noah... bulls are funny to even think we'd take noah the stoner, he nothing that special were you turn down allstar like carmelo, bulls fan make me laugh so hard when they act like we'd really want noah in exchange for melo, thats almost a joke, if melo would stay, we'd never consider that trade in million years.... in fact id take boozer instead, but i have so much hate for the bulls fan i dont even wanna hear their names in trade talks.... please i wanna hear nets again

Southsideheat
01-19-2011, 07:06 PM
how's that? when he has openly stated he want's a trade.....

http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/1/4/1913169/aldridge-melo-told-nuggets-last-week-he-wants-out-of-denver

because he won't sign an extension. The Nuggets want to get something for him.

Denver-boy
01-19-2011, 07:10 PM

JR and Melo for Deng, Gibson, Bobcats pick, and scraps to make the finances work

ya because nuggets would take that.... because nugz totally love getting raped in trades.... :rolleyes:.. deng and gibson... save your thought why not say this, Chicago gets JR and Melo and Nuggets gets a box of donuts and a Michael Jordan signed bobble head. save your energy to propose a trade thats :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-19-2011, 07:13 PM

You know they won't take that deal, you know that.

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 07:13 PM
darn i dont want noah... bulls are funny to even think we'd take noah the stoner, he nothing that special were you turn down allstar like carmelo, bulls fan make me laugh so hard when they act like we'd really want noah in exchange for melo, thats almost a joke, if melo would stay, we'd never consider that trade in million years.... in fact id take boozer instead, but i have so much hate for the bulls fan i dont even wanna hear their names in trade talks.... please i wanna hear nets again

Smart...... you'd rather have pieces from a team who won 12 games last year and have 10 wins this year.

Denver-boy
01-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Bull fan are so bad at proposing trades.... lol knick fans are better and theyre terrible. its pretty funny seeing the trades bulls fans have to offer. Thats why its not even worth mentioning the bulls... they dont even try offer a DECENT trade.

d00d
01-19-2011, 07:14 PM
they are using Chicago to try and get Knicks to give up more

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-19-2011, 07:15 PM

You can keep his *** and watch him walk away in the summer leaving yall in a shithole. We'll keep Noah and be a perennial contender in the East.

bears88
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Smart...... you'd rather have pieces from a team who won 12 games last year and have 10 wins this year.

don't waste your time on this looser, he clearly doesn't know nothing about basketball, but hey we took Cutler from the Broncos and look how that turned out for them lol

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM
You can keep his *** and watch him walk away in the summer leaving yall in a shithole. We'll keep Noah and be a perennial contender in the East.

Yeah, if fans like him were running the nuggets, the nuggets would be in worse shape then the cavs.

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 07:17 PM
don't waste your time on this looser, he clearly doesn't know nothing about basketball, but hey we took Cutler from the Broncos and look how that turned out for them lol

for a second, I thought you called me a loser, I had to triple read your post.

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Denver should just keep his *** and then take the cap space in the summer if they're gonna keep being so ****ing greedy. Trade him to NY or Chicago for something or STFU.

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-19-2011, 07:19 PM

lol Cutler is about to go to the Superbowl with the Bears and the 4-12 Broncos fired the guy who traded him to us. I love how everyone automatically gave Denver the win for that trade right after it happened :D

bears88
for a second, I thought you called me a loser, I had to triple read your post.

why would I call a follow Bulls fan a looser am also a Bulls fan it doesn't make any sense to me lol. I always enjoy reading your posts BTW

JerseysFinest
IMO, and I'm not saying this as an angry Nets fan or anything, but I feel like Chicago shouldn't even bother with this guy. Nuggets probably will ask for Noah, Deng, gibson, draft picks etc.

haggis

he also said that Hester and Urlacher were going to be traded in the middle of this season...

haggis
01-19-2011, 07:20 PM
IMO, and I'm not saying this as an angry Nets fan or anything, but I feel like Chicago shouldn't even bother with this guy. Nuggets probably will ask for Noah, Deng, gibson, draft picks etc.

Most of the Bulls fans would agree with you. We'd be getting raped in that deal.

Denver-boy
01-19-2011, 07:20 PM

What? I can careless about the record, thing is Gibson and Deng are garbage. you guys have ZERO to offer us. Only players i like is Boozer and rose

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 07:21 PM
why would I call a follow Bulls fan a looser am also a Bulls fan it doesn't make any sense to me lol. I always enjoy reading your posts BTW

I know, just tired and I read it wrong at first, lol anyways thank you for the compliment. I try :)

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-19-2011, 07:21 PM
If the bulls get Mello, Deng will be on his way out. The Bulls will either get JR smith or OJ Mayo

If we get Melo without giving up Noah, Adam Morrison could be our ****ing SG for all I care.

bears88
01-19-2011, 07:22 PM
What? I can careless about the record, thing is Gibson and Deng are garbage. you guys have ZERO to offer us. Only players i like is Boozer and rose

your probably haven't seen enough games to judge on Gibson he is a solid bench players.

Southsideheat
01-19-2011, 07:23 PM

Nuggets have zero leverage. It's gonna be a bad deal for you guys, just live with it.

ChI_ShIzzLe

I guess you and your front office think alike. You think you can get all-star players back for a guy who's gonna leave this summer if you don't trade him in a few weeks :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
If we get Melo without giving up Noah, Adam Morrison could be our ****ing SG for all I care.

fo real

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 07:24 PM

:rolleyes: yeah sure buddy

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-19-2011, 07:27 PM

I think they made it pretty clear to Denver that Noah can't be had, otherwise they would've traded him instead of signing him to a contract extension.

Deng, Gibson, James Johnson, 2 1st round picks...take it or go **** off cuz we're gonna be a top 4 team in the East regardless.

Jonathan2323
01-19-2011, 07:28 PM
The Bulls would be scary with Rose, Melo and Boozer. Bulls management like always is just scared to pull the trigger on major deals. Its really a no brainer Noah for Melo and then sign a center in the offseason. That Bulls team is not an elite contender they way they are currently structured.

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 07:29 PM
I think they made it pretty clear to Denver that Noah can't be had, otherwise they would've traded him instead of signing him to a contract extension.

Deng, Gibson, James Johnson, 2 1st round picks...take it or go **** off cuz we're gonna be a top 4 team in the East regardless.

id give them 3 firsts if they want.

Southsideheat
01-19-2011, 07:29 PM
The Bulls would be scary with Rose, Melo and Boozer. Bulls management like always is just scared to pull the trigger on major deals. Its really a no brainer Noah for Melo and then sign a center in the offseason. That Bulls team is not an elite contender they way they are currently structured.

what center do you get next year and with what money?

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-19-2011, 07:30 PM

You really fail to understand Noah's impact on this team. The only reason we've been winning without him is because we've had a soft schedule. Come playoff time, we're screwed without him.

kingkenny01
01-19-2011, 07:30 PM
denver if you are really pissed at melo send him to milwaukee for half a year, we would not mind it
an who know he might stay a little longer

Jonathan2323
01-19-2011, 07:32 PM
what center do you get next year and with what money?

MLE, which there will be next year. Cant really think of any right now, but i know there are a few next year like Przybilla.

Bullsfan22
01-19-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm so sick of this melo crap. Noah isn't even healthy.

bears88
01-19-2011, 07:33 PM
denver if you are really pissed at melo send him to milwaukee for half a year, we would not mind it
an who know he might stay a little longer

I don't mean to be mean but that statement of yours made me lol'd even thou anything is possible.

the cub man
01-19-2011, 07:35 PM
i say trade deng,korver and a first round pick any one with me

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 07:37 PM
damn i wish the bulls had a trade exception

ramsizzle
01-19-2011, 07:39 PM

This i don't get....they are third in the east and have played a total of 9 games with their roster intact. 9 GAMES. :facepalm:

They are an elite contender, you just don't know what you are talking about. ;)

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-19-2011, 07:39 PM
MLE, which there will be next year. Cant really think of any right now, but i know there are a few next year like Przybilla.

:facepalm:

the cub man
01-19-2011, 07:43 PM
i say trade deng,korver and a first round pick any one with me and if needed a 2nd round but thet need to make shere they sighn him

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Yahoo is now reporting what slam is.

Anthony’s agents courting Bulls

With trade discussions with the New Jersey Nets having broken off, the representatives for Carmelo Anthony(notes) are engaging the Chicago Bulls with hopes of pushing them into becoming a serious bidder for the Denver Nuggets star, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

Anthony has long been enthusiastic about a possible trade to the Bulls, but Denver and Chicago officials had been previously unable to come to terms on a deal. Bulls executives John Paxson and Gar Forman have investigated the possibility of acquiring Anthony, but thus far haven’t been willing to include the one player the Nuggets most covet: center Joakim Noah(notes).

Anthony’s agents are under pressure to make a deal happen for the All-Star forward, who sources said has become an increasingly unhappy client. The Nuggets need to agree on a package with a team in which Anthony’s willing to sign a contract extension. Talks with New Jersey and Anthony’s preferred choice, the New York Knicks, have dragged on since Anthony asked for a trade in August.

Nevertheless, William Wesley – Worldwide Wes – is expected to travel to Chicago for Bulls games on Thursday and Saturday against the Dallas Mavericks and Cleveland Cavaliers, a source said. Wesley unsuccessfully pushed LeBron James(notes) to sign with the Bulls as a free agent, and now has an interest in Anthony ending up there. Wesley represents Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau for CAA.

Despite that Leon Rose is certified as the agent of record for Anthony, everyone in the NBA knows Wesley is responsible for delivering the Nuggets star to CAA and is hands-on when trying to push teams into deals for the agency’s clients.

Chicago has wanted the Nuggets to take forward Luol Deng(notes) as a cornerstone to the deal, but Denver hasn’t been interested in absorbing the three years and $40 million left on his contract after this season. The Nuggets want an array of young players and picks the Bulls will have a difficult time providing. Still, Chicago badly needs another scoring option and Anthony is one of the NBA’s elite offensive players.

Noah is recuperating from wrist surgery and is targeting a late February return. Thibodeau is an immense believer in Noah and values his defensive and rebounding presence in the middle. He’s also considered him an underrated offensive player. The Bulls signed Noah to a five-year, $60 million contract extension in the preseason.

The Knicks continue to talk with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Indiana Pacers about trading Anthony Randolph for a first-round pick to send to Denver as part of a package for Anthony. The Knicks have assurances they can get a pick for Randolph and have been canvassing the league to find another first-rounder that could be used in a deal for Anthony. There are teams willing to sell their picks for $3 million, especially in what’s considered to be an unspectacular draft class this year.

Meanwhile, Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov announced on Wednesday that the team is no longer pursuing Anthony. Prokhorov said he canceled a planned meeting with Anthony for Wednesday because he was tired of how long the negotiations had lasted.

The Nets had been in serious discussions with the Nuggets about a three-team deal also involving the Detroit Pistons.

The key components of the deal would have sent Anthony, Chauncey Billups(notes) and Richard Hamilton(notes) to the Nets, and Devin Harris(notes), Derrick Favors(notes), Anthony Morrow(notes) and draft picks to Denver. The Nuggets were also trying to include Renaldo Balkman(notes) in the deal – and bring back rookie Damion James(notes) – but the Nets had resisted exchanging those players, sources said

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonybulls011911

Achillez
01-19-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm not buying this. It's too coincidental that the moment one team pulls out, another team suddenly appears. Smokescreen.

haggis
01-19-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm not buying this. It's too coincidental that the moment one team pulls out, another team suddenly appears. Smokescreen.

They've been there the whole time, they're not just going to lay down and give Denver whatever they want for melo.

But I do agree its a smokescreen sent out by melo's 'people' to drive the price up (if there is a price anymore)

Jonathan2323
01-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Why would The Nuggets want Noah anyways Nene is better. Maybe they would play Noah at PF his natural position.

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Why would The Nuggets want Noah anyways Nene is better. Maybe they would play Noah at PF his natural position.

noah has played center his whole high school,college, and NBA career. he is 7ft and the only center he has had trouble with is dwight howard. he dominated nene both time this season.

kntresistheheat
01-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Maybe, Denver can send them Nene and Melo for Noah and or Deng???

dodie53
01-19-2011, 07:56 PM
i won't trade noah for melo.

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Maybe, Denver can send them Nene and Melo for Noah and or Deng???

I love noah as a big bulls and gator fan, but that doesnt sound too bad.

rds1488
01-19-2011, 07:59 PM
i call bs

KDM1986
01-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Anyone on the roster but Rose Boozer Noah otherwise dont bother calling.

Lets face it Carmelo is a Knick all but in name.

kntresistheheat
01-19-2011, 08:06 PM
I love noah as a big bulls and gator fan, but that doesnt sound too bad.

If the bulls can pull that off, It would be great for them because they fill the void by trading Noah and getting rid of Deng's ugly contract. I am sure that there would be more to the trade and some picks and what not.

Rose
???
Melo
Boozer
Nene

Chauncy/Lawson
JR.Smith
Deng
Martin
Noah

rds1488
01-19-2011, 08:08 PM
noah, deng, gibson, this years first, and bobcats for melo/ nene or melo/jr.......... but still i dunno i still call bs on all fronts

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 08:11 PM
If the bulls can pull that off, It would be great for them because they fill the void by trading Noah and getting rid of Deng's ugly contract. I am sure that there would be more to the trade and some picks and what not.

Rose
???
Melo
Boozer
Nene

Chauncy/Lawson
JR.Smith
Deng
Martin
Noah

I think it could actually be a good deal for the Bulls, I really dont wanna give up noah, but that just might be worth it if they could get nene as well.

knicks4life33
01-19-2011, 08:12 PM
i wouldnt trade melo for naoh . you guys got a great younge hustle and defender and rebound player in noah . you already got tons of offensive options

haggis
01-19-2011, 08:14 PM
i wouldnt trade melo for naoh . you guys got a great younge hustle and defender and rebound player in noah . you already got tons of offensive options

minus a 2 guard :cry:

HoopsDrive
01-19-2011, 08:19 PM
If Bulls get Melo+Nene for Noah+Deng+whatever I think that's a good deal. I'd love to see Nene on that Chi team.

SDBearsFan
01-19-2011, 08:21 PM

Rose
Deng
Melo
Boozer
Thomas

Melo is better than Noah, no doubt, but the thing is, most fans don't realize how much Joakim actually means to the team. He's basically Rose's older brother, and I seriously have my doubts that Rose would be in favor of trading Joakim in a package for Carmelo. Plus, the Bulls are a lot closer to being a true competitor than most think. We need a starting SG, and there's no reason to blow up the team for a SF.

Melo for Gibson, James Johnson, Omer Asik, and 2 1st round picks is all I offer if I'm Gar Forman.

That's why it won't happen.

This won't happen. I'm just pissed the Bulls got dragged into it again, I'm sure there'll be 10 new threads a day about this ****.

BrahCake954
01-19-2011, 08:25 PM
If Bulls get Melo+Nene for Noah+Deng+whatever I think that's a good deal. I'd love to see Nene on that Chi team.

false, nene is too good to gove up with melo, im pretty sure hed move to PF, where he would dominate..

stop dreaming

stlbest5in2013
01-19-2011, 08:35 PM
false, nene is too good to gove up with melo, im pretty sure hed move to PF, where he would dominate..

stop dreaming

what? im not talking about your stupid idea either.

gove up, hed?????? what are you the mr. sarah palin?

baghdadbob
01-19-2011, 08:35 PM
I think Kroenke and Masrji made this rumor up once they heard the Russian speak.

I also love the Bulls trade .. Bulls give up MJ statue and 2 Gino's East pizzas for Melo.

Deng? Deng sucks. Noah is an above average Center. Bogans? Trash. Taj? Ehhh, whatever. Serviceable.

Jeez, folks say the Knicks don't have Assets.... Bulls have less.

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 08:36 PM
deng sucks but taj is serviceable? lol

baghdadbob
01-19-2011, 08:39 PM
deng sucks but taj is serviceable? lol

Deng is a below average SF.

Taj is a serviceable back-up PF.

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Deng is quite good dude, usually our 3rd highest scorer after Boozer and Rose. His biggest weaknesses are his inconsistency, his bad coordination and bad ball handling.

besides that, he can score and he plays good defense

LA_Raiders
01-19-2011, 08:42 PM
I dont see it Bulls dont have the players...

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Deng is quite good dude, usually our 3rd highest scorer after Boozer and Rose. His biggest weaknesses are his inconsistency, his bad coordination and bad ball handling.

besides that, he can score and he plays good defense

and his contract

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 08:43 PM
yeah, and his contract. heh

jasonbird
01-19-2011, 08:44 PM

Ye,exactly.

derrick rose need the ball too,if melo join in,they will have the same chance to share shooting chances,

thro,MELO want to join CHICAGO BULLS

all the best

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 08:45 PM

deng's averaging 18 points and 6 rebounds a game for being pretty much a 3rd option and he is below average???:confused: wow........

JordansBulls
01-19-2011, 08:53 PM
You have to get Melo here, as I assume Boozer will be getting hurt and missing time yearly. Noah is good and all, but Melo puts us in a different category and makes us a contender for a long time. Also we don't have much need for Noah, that we have Kurt Thomas. Our defense went from #5 to #1 when we replaced Noah with Kurt Thomas in the starting lineup. Also Rose and Melo would be like a 1a/1b thing for a few years until Rose overtakes Melo. And then you have to figure the contract situation. Trading Deng and Noah for Melo alleviates some of the money we need to resign Rose.

D1JM
01-19-2011, 08:55 PM
You have to get Melo here, as I assume Boozer will be getting hurt and missing time yearly. Noah is good and all, but Melo puts us in a different category and makes us a contender for a long time. Also we don't have much need for Noah, that we have Kurt Thomas. Our defense went from #5 to #1 when we replaced Noah with Kurt Thomas in the starting lineup. Also Rose and Melo would be like a 1a/1b thing for a few years until Rose overtakes Melo. And then you have to figure the contract situation. Trading Deng and Noah for Melo alleviates some of the money we need to resign Rose.

check who we played during the games with noah, then check who we played after noah got hurt.

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 08:56 PM

You crazy dude.

Melo doesn't solve the problem of our need for a SG, and we'll have to gut our bench to get him AND give up Noah which, besides what he contributes on the court, also brings a lot of intangibles to our team. He's the second half of our heart and soul on this team along with Rose.

Consider also that we don't know what the CBA will be yet... we just don't need Melo at all and he doesn't fit well

uptownfan
01-19-2011, 08:58 PM

Deng and Noah for Melo. Dude...

Badluck33
01-19-2011, 08:59 PM

deng is top 15 sf in nba

edit. *at least top 15

Badluck33
01-19-2011, 09:00 PM
deng's averaging 18 points and 6 rebounds a game for being pretty much a 3rd option and he is below average???:confused: wow........

dont waste ur time

SANDBURG23
01-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Screw Carmelo, he wants to be a Knick, let him. The Den front office is crazy, we would be jerk'd around have deals in place that dont happen. The'll keep up price contstantley after we though it was a deal. not worth sll that crap.

There also is no reason to wait on the Char pick either, that pick is restricted and wont be ours this year. Char is abd and that wont be our pick next year either umless they improve alot. It's a great pick to have but it is rstricted. We wont get that pick this year and probally not next year either. Unless Char imporoves alot next season. We might not even see that pick '14 if Char really doesn't get it's act together. Io have confidence MJ wont have there act togehter. We really cant wait that 'til 13 or '14 to cash in on that pick. It needs to be traded this season or offseason for SG the best SG that moves well w/o the ball and hits 3pts.

_Supreme_
01-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Deng doesn't suck. However Deng has a horrible contract and I don't know why people think Denver would want that.

Deng & Noah make a combined $22,3 million next year and $24,4 the year after that. That is about half your cap space right there, and those players certainly won't win you any titles. It would strap Denver for years, leave them without a #1 go-to guy and unable to sign another star player. It would completely screw up their rebuilding. They wouldn't get any draft picks of any value either.

The only way Denver considers this is if they get really desperate and afraid to be left with nothing (and Chicago would be willing to give up Noah all of a sudden, which purely based on talent and health I'd do in a heartbeat).

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Denver already said they DON'T want Deng, infact

oak2455
Deng is pretty good its that crazy unmovable contract:eyebrow:

jtsunami
There is so much stupidity going on in this thread.

Badluck33
Denver already said they DON'T want Deng, infact

link or it didnt happen

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 09:10 PM
link or it didnt happen

I swear I remember hearing/reading that multiple times already

bovice163
01-19-2011, 09:10 PM
I love how everyone says Deng has such a horrible contract, when it's only slightly above the average for starting forwards. It might not be the greatest contract, but it sure as hell isn't something like Rashard's.

Sir Buckets
01-19-2011, 09:17 PM
i love how everyone says deng has such a horrible contract, when it's only slightly above the average for starting forwards. It might not be the greatest contract, but it sure as hell isn't something like rashard's.
+1

D1JM
01-19-2011, 09:18 PM
link or it didnt happen

denver doesnt want deng's contract because if they moved melo, they are going to rebuilt. If the bulls were able to find a taker for deng, than it would help. He's most likely heading to New York.

oak2455
01-19-2011, 09:19 PM
can we get anybody other than a Bulls fans opinion :confused:

Badluck33
01-19-2011, 09:24 PM
denver doesnt want deng's contract because if they moved melo, they are going to rebuilt. If the bulls were able to find a taker for deng, than it would help. He's most likely heading to New York.

why is everyone under this assumption?

_Supreme_
01-19-2011, 09:25 PM
I also don't understand what the Nuggets dislike so much about the NY offer. If they can get Eddy's contract, two out of three of Chandler/Gallinari/Fields + a pick or maybe two and/or another cheap player like Anthony Randolph I think that is the best trade offer they are going to get.

Provided the Knicks are actually prepaired to give up all that, of course, as rumoured before.

Denver gets cap space + cheap young talented players. NY gets a second star player. Seems to me like everybody gets what they want & need.

I'm still not ruling out a ploy by NJ's owner, only to have Denver come crawling back to them later with less demands.

D1JM
01-19-2011, 09:26 PM
why is everyone under this assumption?

K.C Johnson: League source confirms @WojYahooNBA report Carmelo's camp has pushed Bulls. But talks stuck same as in Sept. Bulls wont do Noah. Den no Deng

denver wants to rebuilt, if they deal melo

Badluck33
01-19-2011, 09:29 PM
denver wants to rebuilt, if they deal melo

they have to deal Melo. We don't have to deal anyone. they are running out of options and if they want to rebuild, its easier to do it with draft picks.

which we have.

And we are probably the only team Melo will sign an extension with that has draft picks.

D1JM
01-19-2011, 09:30 PM
they have to deal Melo. We don't have to deal anyone. they are running out of options and if they want to rebuild, its easier to do it with draft picks.

which we have.

And we are probably the only team Melo will sign an extension with that has draft picks.

double post

D1JM
01-19-2011, 09:31 PM

which we have.

if we get him cool, but i still see him as a knick. dont get your hopes up.

DMasta718
01-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Honestly, if I was the Bulls, I would rather try to get J.R. Smith.

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Honestly, if I was the Bulls, I would rather try to get J.R. Smith.

Bulls fans seem to want him 3rd after Afflalo and Mayo.

_Supreme_
01-19-2011, 09:35 PM

which we have.

Do you have any high draft picks?

If not then they are practically worthless to Denver.

D1JM
01-19-2011, 09:36 PM

I think we would even give them the bobcats pick for Afflalo. :drool:

_Supreme_
01-19-2011, 09:41 PM

I keep seeing those threads in the Bulls forum as the top thread when you browse along the list of NBA team forums, but I keep wondering how you expect to realisticly aquire those players with the trading pieces you'd be willing to give up for them.

Taj Gibson is the only player on the Bulls roster I consider in the same range (I think Mayo is worth more), and I don't think Afflalo is even available. If Denver rebuild he is exactly the kind of player they'd want to keep.

JR smith is probably possible, but is he worth giving up your main depth at the big man position for? Those are generally harder to replace than shooting guards.

KnickFanSince91
01-19-2011, 09:43 PM
I knew as soon as the nets pulled out, the stories would start for other teams. Now its the Bulls, next week the rockets and by Valentine's day it will be a 3 team deal involving Dallas and Orlando.

I'm not sure how he would work on the Bulls since Rose is the #1 option and they tied up too much money in Boozer to make him the #3 threat. They need more of a compliment to Rose's game, not somebody who will compete for his shots. I really think that Rudy Fernandez for a pick or two would fill in the holes for Chicago.

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 09:45 PM
I keep seeing those threads in the Bulls forum as the top thread when you browse along the list of NBA team forums, but I keep wondering how you expect to realisticly aquire those players with the trading pieces you'd be willing to give up for them.

Taj Gibson is the only player on the Bulls roster I consider in the same range (I think Mayo is worth more), and I don't think Afflalo is even available. If Denver rebuild he is exactly the kind of player they'd want to keep.

JR smith is probably possible, but is he worth giving up your main depth at the big man position for? Those are generally harder to replace than shooting guards.

I don't think Afflalo is available, but it doesn't stop Bulls fans from drooling over him.

Mayo... people have been talking about giving up Taj + bogans + JJ + 1 or 2 picks for him. But lately the rumor mill has been saying that the Bulls are unlikely to do any kind of trade this season.

_Supreme_
01-19-2011, 09:48 PM
I knew as soon as the nets pulled out, the stories would start for other teams. Now its the Bulls, next week the rockets and by Valentine's day it will be a 3 team deal involving Dallas and Orlando.

I'm just waiting for the Lakers rumours to start popping up.

Artest, Walton, Steve Blake & a Slava Medvedenko autographed snickers bar for Melo. Get it done Mitch! Get it done!

:smoking:

D1JM
01-19-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm just waiting for the Lakers rumours to start popping up.

Artest, Walton, Steve Blake & a Slava Medvedenko autographed snickers bar for Melo. Get it done Mitch! Get it done!

:smoking:

those already came out. check out the lakers forum. you'll find them there.

Badluck33
01-19-2011, 09:55 PM
if we get him cool, but i still see him as a knick. dont get your hopes up.

oh i wont. and i am complety content if we keep this current team and at least upgrade the SG.

but I think Bulls make more sense to deal with Nuggets than the NYK.

Badluck33
01-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Do you have any high draft picks?

If not then they are practically worthless to Denver.

we have a charlotte pick that is more valuable than any pick the knicks can offer, even if its a 1st rd in 2020 or whenever the NYK's will be drafting next....

Corey
01-19-2011, 09:58 PM
I dont see why Charlotte and Detroit aren't working like mad to make a deal for Melo :shrug:

Corey
01-19-2011, 10:00 PM
we have a charlotte pick that is more valuable than any pick the knicks can offer, even if its a 1st rd in 2020 or whenever the NYK's will be drafting next....

That pick is heavily protected, so no...it isn't overly valuable.

Top-14 protected in the 2012 Draft, top-12 protected in 2013, top-10 protected in 2014, top-8 protected in 2015 and unprotected in the 2016 Draft.

Badluck33
01-19-2011, 10:14 PM
That pick is heavily protected, so no...it isn't overly valuable.

Top-14 protected in the 2012 Draft, top-12 protected in 2013, top-10 protected in 2014, top-8 protected in 2015 and unprotected in the 2016 Draft.

which is better than getting a knicks pick that should be in the 20's for the next few years

DaBear
01-19-2011, 10:29 PM
I would like Melo, but I was wrong about Noah. His absence kills us in the post game, and Melo is not a need right now. A SG is. However, getting Melo would still be good enough if we can get him for the right price.

DaBear
01-19-2011, 10:31 PM
And if Denver wants to trade Melo to the Bulls, they have to take Deng. No way in hell we trade Noah, but keep Deng on the roster.

oak2455
01-19-2011, 10:51 PM

everything you have is more valuable than the Knicks and yes the Knicks don't draft again til 2020:facepalm: Bulls fans are funny MJ and the boys are gone :sad2:

oak2455
01-19-2011, 10:57 PM
http://twitter.com/alexkennedynba

My source close to Carmelo on the Nets removing themselves from MeloDrama: "I told you he wasn't ending up in New Jersey!"

He still believes it's NY or DEN. He reiterated that this has always been about joining Knicks. If he can't do that, he likely stays in DEN.

Sir Buckets
01-19-2011, 10:59 PM
http://twitter.com/alexkennedynba

My source close to Carmelo on the Nets removing themselves from MeloDrama: "I told you he wasn't ending up in New Jersey!"

He still believes it's NY or DEN. He reiterated that this has always been about joining Knicks. If he can't do that, he likely stays in DEN.

*Hoopsworld

Chi StateOfMind
01-19-2011, 11:07 PM
im 50/50 on this one.........one side is telling me we need a sg and the other is saying he will score 2 help the offense but shoots ALOT and will change dynamic of team

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 11:09 PM
This Melo thing, for Chicago, is like chasing a golden unicorn. It's nonsense.

Focus on a great SG, forget this melo thing.

WizFan3
01-19-2011, 11:12 PM
well they wouldnt give up melo for noah thats a joke it makes me laugh a little. you guys have nothing to give up for him...deng no, rose yall rnt givin up....noah ew, gibson..giggle

Bullsfan22
01-19-2011, 11:21 PM
they can keep him

fin_frenzy_84
01-20-2011, 12:59 AM

Rose
Deng
Melo
Boozer
Thomas

Last 12 Championship teams had a real good center or a guy that could play PF/C and boozer is not that. Noah is way to valuable. I would like Melo but I would never trade Noah for him and I also do believe that we should go for a SG way more than Melo.

DaBear
01-20-2011, 01:06 AM
I say set the tone straight with Denver's FO, we'll give you Deng, Gibson, Johnson, and 3 first round picks (including Charlotte's conditional pick which could end up a lottery down the road). Final offer. Take it, or **** off.

MrfadeawayJB
01-20-2011, 01:14 AM
I always though Lebron should have joined forces with D.Rose and Boozer, along w/ all the other peices they got in chi-town, now melo gets his chance

Kyben36
01-20-2011, 01:14 AM

Rose
Deng
Melo
Boozer
Thomas

on the offensive end sure, but offense doesnt win championships, a Laker fan should know that.

Afridi786
01-20-2011, 01:16 AM
BS, almost every year some superstar (& team in this case) tries to use Chicago as leverage to get what they want...so sick and tired of it.

JB0B0
01-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Does this remind you guys of the summer of 2010? "LeBron and Wade both need the ball in their hands to succeed. No way it'll work." Stop with the nonsense. You put Rose, Melo, Boozer, and Noah on the same court, you have yourself the best team in the NBA. Enough with the "Rose needs the ball in his hands." If you watch Bulls games, you'll see Rose playing off the ball 30-40 percent of the time and that's where Melo fits in perfectly. Not to mention, he could hit spot up jumpers if need be. Nevertheless, it's pie in the sky but definitely not impossible.

Afridi786
01-20-2011, 01:19 AM
It's a ******** pipe dream, not a chance in hell this rumor is accurate let alone any chance at all Melo will be traded to the Bulls.

THE MTL
01-20-2011, 01:19 AM
What realistic trade would Chi put down though? Rose, Boozer, Noah are pretty much untouchable. So that leaves Gibson and who else? Chi doesnt have any huge expiring contracts or young talent that they are winning to give up......

And no DENG is NOT an option....the Nugs are looking to trim salary

D1JM
01-20-2011, 01:22 AM
What realistic trade would Chi put down though? Rose, Boozer, Noah are pretty much untouchable. So that leaves Gibson and who else? Chi doesnt have any huge expiring contracts or young talent that they are winning to give up......

the only the way the bulls would get into the melo sweepstakes is if they find a taker for deng.

RZZZA
01-20-2011, 01:23 AM
Does this remind you guys of the summer of 2010? "LeBron and Wade both need the ball in their hands to succeed. No way it'll work." Stop with the nonsense. You put Rose, Melo, Boozer, and Noah on the same court, you have yourself the best team in the NBA. Enough with the "Rose needs the ball in his hands." If you watch Bulls games, you'll see Rose playing off the ball 30-40 percent of the time and that's where Melo fits in perfectly. Not to mention, he could hit spot up jumpers if need be. Nevertheless, it's pie in the sky but definitely not impossible.

Melo is inefficient though. we need someone efficient, like an O.J. Mayo

Poseysucks
01-20-2011, 01:24 AM
Unless the nuggets are willing to accept deng, gibson, james johnson, and future picks, the bulls better stay away from this. Without noah we can't contend in the east playoffs. We'd have no answer for howard or any of boston's bigs.

DaBear
01-20-2011, 01:24 AM
Yeah Melo would definitely help, but not at the expense of losing a C who clearly makes a huge difference. We can still get a solid SG for cheaper and get a big boost from that.

NBA-GMaster
01-20-2011, 01:27 AM
No for Noah!! Bulls will not trade Noah.. DENG and GIBSON plus 1st rd pick for Melo and they need a 3rd team who is willing to take Deng..

abe_froman
01-20-2011, 01:29 AM

it would have to be a 3+ team deal(which is unlikely),we have some young talent...but no one with big potential,just high floor/low ceiling.and a couple picks to throw at them

i wouldnt worry about us being serious competitors to you guys in this(i think worldwide wes just leaked our name to scare donnie walsh into action)

DeyAce
01-20-2011, 01:30 AM
He either stays in Denver or goes to NY. Bulls are not going trade Noah and thats who Denver wants in any deal

CowboysKB24
01-20-2011, 01:33 AM
i am pretty sure melo wants to go to knicks and thats where he will end up....on the other hand doubt bulls would do a noah for melo coz they will be givin up their center....

Melo wants to go to a contender. Knicks are his favorite, but I still think he would play for other teams. If the Bulls are able to trade for him and not ruin their team, I think he would do it. Chicago has more of an upside than NYK IMO. They have a great team and just need a star like him. If LBJ went to Chicago I think they would have the best record in the East. It would have been an easier transition for him as well.

DaBear
01-20-2011, 01:34 AM
I don't think Melo would make this Knicks team a title contender. They would most likely be a top four team in the East, who would lose in the 2nd round. They won't go far with that pitiful defense.

Kyben36
01-20-2011, 01:43 AM
Melo is inefficient though. we need someone efficient, like an O.J. Mayo

OJs effiiency is terrible if in not mistaken.

John Walls Era
01-20-2011, 01:45 AM
Even though I don't put Noah in my top 5 C list, hes obviously the 2nd most important player for the Bulls. Talent wise its a must trade, but Noah brings the intangibles. I'm all for this trade if it means weakening the East.

Fnom11
01-20-2011, 01:52 AM
this is easily turning into lebron 2.0

but anyway idk what will the denver ask for
maybe gibson + picks

but if they do ask for noah . i will surely pass on that deal do to the fact is very rare to get a big man now and days

Lebrons drama>Melos

By the end of the season we will here every team being mentioned as a destination.

effen5
01-20-2011, 02:23 AM
I see three things happening with melo.

1) They take the bulls offer
2) Melo stays in denver then signs with nyk in the offseason
3) They find a team that accepts a one year rental

Right now to me I see zero chance that the nuggets are interested in any kind of offer from the knicks otherwise this deal would have been done already, so if melo stays in denver I see him signing with the knicks in the offseason.

I also see a low possibility the nuggets trade with the Bulls. Me personally as a bulls fan, I don't think he's worth that much. Nuggets fans will disagree, but all fans know they never get back equal worth. Personally, the most I would trade for melo is Deng, James Johnson, our first round pick, and a combination of either bogans, taj, or asik. If denver wants to find a third team to take on dengs contract then do it, but if you guys don't accept our offer then **** off, our team is flourishing with out you, deng is playing great, and we'll go after a an actual need, a shooting guard.

smiddy012
01-20-2011, 02:57 AM
Lebrons drama>Melos

This is an accomplishment?

D1JM
01-20-2011, 03:39 AM
http://blogs.bulls.com/2011/01/bulls-melo-here-we-go-again/

So Carmelo Anthony is not as dumb and greedy as we were led to believe.

No, he’s not going to the New Jersey Nets in a trade, which Nets owner and oligarch (I love covering oligarchs) Mikhail Prokhorov announced Wednesday in arriving back in the U.S., that the trade talks had become a distraction, apparently denying the Nets a chance for 12 wins and to really create space between themselves and the Cavs for last in the East, and the Nets no longer would pursue Anthony.

I’ve been in situations like this before. Usually when a girl I was dating called to break up and I said the line was busy but I was calling to break up with her.

So with that news came a flood of emails instructing me to advise the Bulls to try to trade for Anthony.

Especially with reports from sources who may or may not know that Anthony’s “people” are pushing for him to go to the Bulls now.

OK, the Bulls will take him.

But why now all of a sudden? You mean Anthony wanted to go to the Nets, to play in Newark, all this time and why we’d heard nothing about the Bulls was because he liked the idea of going to the Nets?

C’mon, how ridiculous is that?

The truth is Anthony was never going to the Nets. Sure, the Nuggets wanted to trade him there, and sure the Nets wanted him, and sure the Nuggets could have, and sure the Nets could have taken him. And then seen him leave as a free agent this summer and go to the Knicks.

The complication in it all, and it remains one, is the new collective bargaining agreement. Anthony has a three year extension waiting at about $22 million a season. The conventional wisdom is if he waits until a new deal is signed, he risks a new salary ceiling and perhaps having to accept a deal at maybe up to $10 million less per season. Although no one knows yet what the new deal will be. So that’s all speculation for now, though everyone seems to believe Anthony would make less waiting it out and, say, signing with the Knicks as a free agent.

He does want it all, the Knicks and the money, sort of your black and white cookie and to eat it as well.

And if you want to go somewhere in what may be your last major deal of your career, why not go where you want to go?

I can understand that.

The Bulls, by the way, remain interested in Anthony and have been all season. They have been in contact with the Nuggets and Anthony’s representatives regularly.

They have mostly been told not to bother, though you never know. But as we know it’s never over until it’s over.

So why not keep trying? I’ve heard the Bulls did sign up for one of those mobile phone unlimited call and text deals. Sweet. Call the Nuggets and agent Leon Rose as much as you want and it doesn’t cost extra.

From what I have heard from my sources who may or may not know, certainly every bit as good as theirs, is Anthony only wants to play for the Knicks. I have often written if he wants to win his best chance is playing with a Bulls team that includes Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer.

So how come we don’t hear that much if it’s so obvious?

It seemed obvious for LeBron James as well, represented by the same agency and the same so called power brokers like, and James didn’t seem all that interested, either, and basically did what he felt like.

Would James be better off with Wade, Bosh, Z and Arroyo or Rose, Noah, Boozer and Taj? Seems obvious to us, though our beaches aren’t open quite yet.

But neither are New York’s.

For whatever personal reason, and I do hear it’s mostly that, Anthony wants to play for the Knicks. He basically told the Nets and Nuggets that, which finally ended months of rumors which, now we know, had no real basis.

So what happens now?

The Knicks can step forward with a trade offer, though I also have heard Anthony doesn’t want to go to the Knicks if a trade involves them giving up too many good players and making it more difficult for them to compete. The Knicks have talked openly about acquiring draft picks, presumably to send on to the Nuggets in a trade. Though it won’t be easy to get good enough picks that would make a difference to the Nuggets.

Likewise, while the Bulls have their own first round pick, since it will be in the 20’s it’s not particularly attractive.

If I were the Nuggets I would keep Anthony and make a playoff run. If they were to say that, things would settle down with their team and they could get in good position and maybe even go a couple of rounds. Playoff games could be worth close to a $1 million per game in revenue. Why not go for that and then clear your roster with contracts for Kenyon Martin and J.R. Smith expiring? And with a big buyout available for Chauncey Billups, the Nuggets could have more cap room than anyone and depending on how the new labor agreement looks there could be teams shedding contracts and the Nuggets could pick up players they want and draft picks.

But, at least for now, the Nuggets seem intent on getting something for Anthony after seeing what occurred with James and Bosh. So they could deal with the Knicks and perhaps get some marginal draft picks and a player or two like Landry Fields and/or Wilson Chandler. It’s something. Yes, not much.

Then there’s the rental deal.

There might be teams willing to take a chance they could persuade Anthony to resign there, like Dallas. The Mavs have a short window with Dirk Nowitzki and Mark Cuban is a gambler. You could see him offering the expiring contract of Caron Butler and maybe a prospect like Roddy Beaubois and taking a shot at a run for the title given the Lakers and Spurs don’t seem unbeatable.

The Rockets also have been mentioned as a rental team given they have an excess of draft picks from the trade with the Knicks last season and are desperate for some attention. They’d probably take a shot with nowhere to go with the weak roster they have, though Anthony has told friends he’d never under any circumstances resign with Houston. He wasn’t as definitive about the Mavericks.

What about others? Would the 76ers take a shot? Maybe they just want to dump Andre Iguodala and would risk it. Maybe Atlanta with Josh Smith, which has been rumored as the Hawks know they aren’t good enough to win as composed. Heck, maybe Memphis takes a rental knowing they’re losing Zach Randolph anyway and being able to make the playoffs with Anthony is enough. What about the Thunder? No way they’re paying Jeff Green, who’d be a heck of a piece for Denver. Maybe Anthony is a final piece for them in the West this season and then they’ll be way under the cap even if he leaves and can go into free agency. What does Phoenix have to lose? Much of that seems unfeasible, but figure most everyone to try to get back into this now.

So could the Bulls get into that picture?

Well, they’d never do a rental or risk it. They don’t have enough players and picks to gamble like that. They’d have to do an extend and trade, which would be possible.

Anthony has had passing interest in the Bulls, though more so earlier in the season when the Nuggets were asking for Joakim Noah. By signing Noah to an extension, the Bulls effectively eliminated a deal with Noah given the difficulty of matching salaries with Noah’s restrictive contract status as a base year and so called poison pill player. Plus, the Bulls decided not to give up Noah for Anthony. Anthony was said to be insulted the Bulls would chose Noah over him, though he never at the time indicated he’d sign an extension with the Bulls.

Obviously, the Bulls would have to trade Luol Deng to match any salary. Denver has no interest in Deng because of his contract. So could the Bulls trade him elsewhere? Heck, would they given how well he’s played and that it would cost them at least another player and perhaps two?

It likely would have to be a deal into a trade exception with someone like the Cavs or Raptors. Would they take him for nothing? You figure, but those teams supposedly don’t want long term deals with the new labor deal coming. It could be like a Kirk Hinrich deal where you’d also have to give them draft picks. I’ve heard Cleveland primarily wants draft picks.

But then you might not have enough left to deal for Anthony, a trade which would certainly have to include Taj Gibson. So you’ve given up Deng and probably your draft picks and the Charlotte pick from the Tyrus Thomas deal.

Although the Bulls have regularly inquired about Anthony, they have not proposed any specific deals, sources say.

Are you better off keeping what you have and then this summer going into the market for a shooting guard without having to give up at least Deng, Gibson and draft picks?

And that would be if Anthony wants to go to the Bulls, which all indications I’ve gotten are he does not at this time.

So this may well play out right to the trading deadline Feb. 24 and you can just hear Richard Hamilton and the Pistons screaming as Hamilton was supposed to be part of that deal along with Billups.

Here we go again.

D1JM
01-20-2011, 03:44 AM
the bulls goat has spoken. All hail sam smith. :worthy:

DodgerBulls
01-20-2011, 03:54 AM

Rose
Deng
Melo
Boozer
Thomas

Seriously? Melo is better than Noah in the 3 position, but no way in hell Melo is better on the 5 position. And the fact that you will put Thomas as a starting C in the EAST! is mind boggling.

flclfanman
01-20-2011, 05:53 AM
As long as Denver wants Melo for Noah, no deal.

We said no last time so I doubt we'll change our minds now

Windy
01-20-2011, 08:01 AM
I know practically every Bull fan on PSD doesn't want anything to do w/ Melo and most prefer an upgrade at SG, but if they can find a third team willing to take on Deng's contract why not do it? He's an upgrade over Deng and would provide the offense this team lacks. Sure he's a high volume shooter, but you take a talent like his and let good coaching and level headed players sort out the rest.

Windy
01-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Just sucks how Chicago always seems to be the second banana in every major deal...

JordansBulls
01-20-2011, 09:28 AM
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110119/sports/701209972/

The Bulls are reconsidering whether they should make an attempt to trade for Denver’s Carmelo Anthony.
On Wednesday, New Jersey owner Mikhail Prokhorov announced at a news conference that the Nets are pulling out of Anthony trade talks.

Yahoo.com reported Wednesday that Anthony confidant William Wesley has approached the Bulls about making another run at Anthony.

It is widely believed Denver has insisted center Joakim Noah be included in any Anthony deal, which the Bulls are reluctant to do. It would be more difficult to trade Noah now that he’s signed a long-term extension. But the Bulls have gone 12-6 with Noah on the sideline with a thumb injury.

The Bulls are discussing whether Anthony would give them a better chance to win an NBA title, according to a league source. They might also wait to see if Denver’s price drops closer to the Feb. 24 trade deadline and the Nuggets will accept a package of Luol Deng, Taj Gibson and first-round picks.

Anthony can opt out of his contract and become a free agent this summer. With a lockout possible, there have been suggestions Anthony would rather sign an extension with a new team now.

effen5
01-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Jb don't get ur hopes up, its not ****ing happening

nickdymez
01-20-2011, 11:14 AM
If the bulls get anthony and still keep noah, they are by far the favorites coming out the east..

MagicAllDay
01-20-2011, 11:30 AM
the carmelo anthony story is starting to become as bad as the brett favre story. i seriously couldnt care less if he decided to go play team handball in thailand at this point.

lilojmayo
01-20-2011, 11:39 AM
If the bulls get anthony and still keep noah, they are by far the favorites coming out the east..

I have to agree with this Carmelo Anthony is a top 10 player ( when motivated) the problem is Nuggets don't want Deng's contract. I honestly think getting Melom if they can give up Deng and bench players and picks. They won't even need to upgrade at SG. Just plug Korver in there for 3 point shooter. Melo's is a 28 ppg guy ( again when motivated)

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Melo needs to really think about how important the $$ is

instead of dumping your money into a record label that will never blow, maybe he should have invested in something with more potential.

if he really wants to play with the knicks, take the pay cut and make up the difference somewhere else (NOT A RECORD LABEL)

Jay-Z is not worth half a bill just from his record sales ill tell you that much. when you are already rich, is easier to get rich-er

D Roses Bulls
01-20-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm not gonna get my hopes up about this.

DChibes
01-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Keep Noah!! Hes a monster and just hustles for everything..Love the guy in a bulls uniform...we dont need melo he doesnt fill that empty spot...we need some one to compliment Rose, Booz, Noah, Deng....Maybe Mayo?

Lakers4ItAll
01-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Deng + Gibson + pick for Melo all day. Never give up Rose Boozer or Noah

rds1488
01-20-2011, 02:50 PM
deng gibson two firsts(Bobcats 2030)

DaBUU
01-20-2011, 02:58 PM
CJ Watson/Scal/2 2nd rnd picks for Melo. done deal pal

D Roses Bulls
01-20-2011, 03:05 PM
I think maybe a 3rd team could get involved possibly

skillozo
01-20-2011, 03:07 PM
You guys are ridiculus if Melo is willing to sign an extension and play next to Boozer and D Rose you make the deal. The three compliments each other well with D Rose being the passer and none of them are stat lovers they like to win. Noah is just a big man who plays def they can be found a dime a dozen.A top 5 NBA player who can score and is more mature now than as a youngster is the things that win Championships. No one star can win a championship without a Robin and Melo and Rose can be great for the next 7 plus years. If not enjoy making the playoffs to only be put out in the first round. Id throw Noah ***** in the deal in a heartbeat and get Chris Anderson for depth at center.

sep11ie
01-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Something tells me The Rockets will be involved.

Jonathan2323
01-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Deng + Gibson + pick for Melo all day. Never give up Rose Boozer or Noah

Nobody wants Deng's contract unless it comes with another young player like Noah.

oh and that sig should also say Kobe old and LeBron young.

NYKSpiritBomb
01-20-2011, 03:33 PM
its about money, he wants that extension and he's trying to force new york's hand. I won't count chicago out tho, they would be the best team in the league if they got him imo.

nickdymez
01-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Nobody wants Deng's contract unless it comes with another young player like Noah.

oh and that sig should also say Kobe old and LeBron young.

Kobe won a ring young..

nightBULL
01-20-2011, 04:01 PM
We can't make this trade if Noah is involved. We can't head into the playoffs with Kurt Thomas starting at C and Omer Asik comimg off the bench. I like what both players are doing for us now, but the playoffs is another animal KT will be worn down by then if he starts the rest of the seasons and Omer is too raw.

kyleh1987
01-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Kobe won a ring young..

3 in a row in fact. also, kids, just say no to melo. the bulls built a solid TEAM. Melo is not a TEAM player.

JerseysFinest
01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Don't know if this was mentioned, but Bulls should call Philly and see if they would accept Deng for Iguodala, then Bulls would swing Iguodala, with Gibson, and draft picks to Denver for Melo. Not too far fetched, but not sure if Denver would want Iguodala and his contract

xabial
01-20-2011, 04:32 PM
i know this sounds cliche' but Melo wins one ring in NY with amare, and he's a Knick legend.

RZZZA
01-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Melo + Knicks = ring? I have a tough time picturing that.

Weezy
01-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Melo + Knicks = ring? I have a tough time picturing that.

Yea you right. Melo + Cp3 + Knicks = ring :laugh2:

So I think it's time for us to have a toast?

RZZZA
01-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Tap me on the shoulder when that happens... sounds like a pipe dream

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Who would want Deng? No one took him last summer for the so called opinions of a "three way deal".

Philly? Iggy>Deng and they both are overpaid long term, doesn't make sense. Yes Philly has interest but the deal would of been done long before if any interest was actual interest.

Weezy
01-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Tap me on the shoulder when that happens... sounds like a pipe dream

You're a pipe dream.

D Roses Bulls
01-20-2011, 04:40 PM
You're a pipe dream.

:yawn:

RZZZA
01-20-2011, 04:42 PM
You're a pipe dream.

lol, whats that supposed to mean?

Weezy
01-20-2011, 04:43 PM
lol, whats that supposed to mean?

no idea.. just first thing that popped in my head. :laugh:

Anyways anything is possible... I can dream right? Anything to take down the Heat :D

RZZZA
01-20-2011, 04:45 PM
You can dream, and that's a great dream. I just see it as very improbable.

Melo going to the knicks is nice and all but I don't think that automatically makes you even necessarily contendors, really.

I think Melo would do better contending staying with the nuggets. No offense but the nuggets are a stronger team than the knicks right now.

D Roses Bulls
01-20-2011, 04:45 PM
honestly, IMO..... the only thing holding down this deal is dengs contract. If Dengs contract didnt have another 3 years on it and say only had 1, deng,gibson, plus someone else and 3 1sts if they wanted to give that up is way better then anything the knicks could offer.

D Roses Bulls
01-20-2011, 04:46 PM
deng is a pretty good player at 18 and 6 averages for a 3rd option who plays good defense