Portland Trail Blazers C+
Sacramento Kings D
San Antonio Spurs A
Toronto Raptors D
Utah Jazz B
Washington Wizards D

Super.
01-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Sounds good to me, Oh and wait...our starting C has been hurt all season, our backup C has barely played, Our Starting PF and PG have missed chunks of the season, and our backup PG/SG is out until the All-Star break.

Yeah, pretty confident in this years team

Baller1
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Spurs should be an A+, Boston an A, and then there shouldn't be any other A's in the league at this point in time.

And I think Minnesota deserves a little more credit. Love's amazing, Beasley has somewhat resurrected his career, and they've played a lot better than their record shows. I'd give them at least a C-.

clehmun
01-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Sounds good to me, Oh and wait...our starting C has been hurt all season, our backup C has barely played, Our Starting PF and PG have missed chunks of the season, and our backup PG/SG is out until the All-Star break.

whats your team? :confused:

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Spurs should be an A+, Boston an A, and then there shouldn't be any other A's in the league at this point in time.

And I think Minnesota deserves a little more credit. Love's amazing, Beasley has somewhat resurrected his career, and they've played a lot better than their record shows. I'd give them at least a C-.

really not tryna be a homer here, but the bulls do deserve their A-. they have the 3rd best record in the east despite having injuries to two key players. thats pretty impressive.

Boozerguy47
01-19-2011, 05:05 PM
How is Portland only a C+ when they've managed to overcome Roy's absence?

beasted86
01-19-2011, 05:13 PM

I know I'm going to sound like I'm baiting, but...

Why would you be confident that an old team (Celtics) has been having injuries to some of it's few younger players (Perkins, Rondo, West)?

king4day
01-19-2011, 05:13 PM
How are the Suns not lower than a C? D- at best.

cargobox
01-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Gladly, it's a C- :D

beasted86
01-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers F

ouch. :(

unwantedplayer
01-19-2011, 05:29 PM
I know I'm going to sound like I'm baiting, but...

Why would you be confident that an old team (Celtics) has been having injuries to some of it's few younger players (Perkins, Rondo, West)?

Because the celts have great depth. And, while Perkins' injury was serious, Rondo's and West's aren't/weren't.

Slimsim
01-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Cleveland has a F are they really that bad ? They did beat my Knicks and Boston

jim51990
01-19-2011, 05:31 PM
good except i think the lakers should be a B- and the knicks should be an A-

GodsSon
01-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Poor Cavs lol

TO Rapz
01-19-2011, 05:41 PM
I was mad about the Raps then I saw the Cavs grade.

beasted86
01-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Because the celts have great depth. And, while Perkins' injury was serious, Rondo's and West's aren't/weren't.

Depth is only good for when players get injured. In the playoffs Doc will stick to a 9 man rotation which might not even include West or Perkins.

omdigga
01-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Depth is only good for when players get injured. In the playoffs Doc will stick to a 9 man rotation which might not even include West or Perkins.

i doubt perkins is gonna be left out of the rotation... cmon man.. boston big man depth is gonna be killer for teams during the playoffs.. if they stay healthy..

hgtiger32
01-19-2011, 07:06 PM
bucks fan here

seeing the bucks getting a C-, is like not studying for your finals all week, taking the final, and hoping your teacher liked you enough to give you brownie points

and the bulls deserve the A-

TheWatcher34
01-19-2011, 07:38 PM
really not tryna be a homer here, but the bulls do deserve their A-. they have the 3rd best record in the east despite having injuries to two key players. thats pretty impressive.

thanks for trying.

valade16
01-19-2011, 07:47 PM
This is the worst midseason report card ever, its like he directly correlated record and grade, discounting expectations or over achievement.

If i said before the season the blazers would be without roy and oden and pryzbilla for the first half, and camby for the 2nd, would anybody say theyd be 22-20? Heck no!!

Way better than c+

dwadefan03
01-19-2011, 07:56 PM
thanks for trying.

hows that being a homer, he gave perfectly legitimate reasons why they deserved that grade

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 08:03 PM
thanks for trying.

:cricket:

jimbobjarree
01-20-2011, 04:20 AM
an adequate grade for an adequate first half to the season

stlbest5in2013
01-20-2011, 04:44 AM
Cleveland has a F are they really that bad ? They did beat my Knicks and Boston

good point, and the knicks were the last team the cavs beat, hell they may even be the last, and/or only team to lose to the cavs the rest of the way.

stlbest5in2013
01-20-2011, 04:47 AM

seriously? the celtics are not going to play the best defensive center in the league in the playoffs? the only reason the lakers won game 7 was because perkins was out, and i am in no way, shape or form a celtics fan.

Jemikz9Clutch
01-20-2011, 04:58 AM
so this was the thread. damn my first thread was also closed my first closed thread. lol

MackShock
01-20-2011, 05:10 AM
^ haha..yeah...these boys are pretty punctual with bringing the news..

Mudvayne91
01-20-2011, 05:44 AM
B- not bad, I suppose. There's been some great wins, but bad ones as well. Considering the Melo drama and missing our 2 big men for much of the year, this team could've easily imploded, but they appear to be still fighting.

flclfanman
01-20-2011, 05:58 AM
The A- for the Bulls is spot on. 3rd best in the East with limited playing time from 2 of their main rebounders/scorers.

Poor Cleveland >_>

JordansBulls
01-20-2011, 10:52 AM
The A- for the Bulls is spot on. 3rd best in the East with limited playing time from 2 of their main rebounders/scorers.

Poor Cleveland >_>

agreed

mttwlsn16
01-20-2011, 11:20 AM
after a 1-13,and 5-21 start, i will happily accept a C-

whitemamba33
01-20-2011, 02:19 PM

I guess the fan of a team that really only has 3 good players wouldnt understand the importance of depth in the playoffs. See how often the heat lose when even just one of the big 3 sits out?

Depth.

Bruno
01-20-2011, 04:57 PM
http://www.nba.com/reportcard/midseason/2011/lakers/

NBA.com and the Lakers mid-season report card, a good read. I would post the article here in the thread but it actually looks like a report card which can't be pasted cohesively into the thread.

EDIT: Wrong forum.

beasted86
01-20-2011, 05:06 PM
I guess the fan of a team that really only has 3 good players wouldnt understand the importance of depth in the playoffs. See how often the heat lose when even just one of the big 3 sits out?

Depth.

Lakers have no chance at winning a championship without Kobe or Gasol, so I don't really understand your point. 0% chance. Same applies to Celtics without Pierce, Magic without Howard....

Pretty much every elite team is 1 or 2 injuries from the lottery no matter how much depth you have. Mavericks are one of the most stacked teams at every position except PF, yet 1-2 injuries sent them on a a lottery like spiral. And BTW, the Heat has had 2 of it's primary players injured all season long and are basically tied with the Lakers in standings, so your little jabs at the Heat don't phase me. Come playoff time the Heat will be focused and ready to roll with the best teams in the NBA.

whitemamba33
01-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Lakers have no chance at winning a championship without Kobe or Gasol, so I don't really understand your point. 0% chance. Same applies to Celtics without Pierce, Magic without Howard....

Pretty much every elite team is 1 or 2 injuries from the lottery no matter how much depth you have. Mavericks are one of the most stacked teams at every position except PF, yet 1-2 injuries sent them on a a lottery like spiral. And BTW, the Heat has had 2 of it's primary players injured all season long and are basically tied with the Lakers in standings, so your little jabs at the Heat don't phase me. Come playoff time the Heat will be focused and ready to roll with the best teams in the NBA.

I'll have to check my post history, but I'm PRETTY sure I never mentioned anything about teams being able to win championships without their number 1 or 2 option. So let's not exagerate here.

All i'm saying is that to say "depth is only important when players gets injured" is ignorant. The playoffs are long and tough, and not everyone is going to play at their top level every game, injured or not.

It's not a coincidence that the last two NBA champions, Lakers and Celtics, are also one of the leading teams in terms of depth.

Bruno
01-20-2011, 06:12 PM

You gotta remember that Bynum missed a lot of time and is just now essentially hitting regular season forum. Despite shaking off months of rust and another knee surgery, he has still managed to post a PER of 19.8 and a TS% of .59 through 20 regular season games. Especially impressive when you consider that those first 10 games were him getting into training camp forum, and the past ten have been his pre-season, as far as his body is concerned.

To put Bynums importance in perspective, Bosh posts a nearly identical PER 20.0, and a TS% of .56 for the Heat. Bynum is really important to the success of the Lakers.

Bryant is also coming off knee surgery. Frankly without Odom posting his best season ever the Lakers would be in a lot more trouble than they currently are.

John Walls Era
01-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Woot! D for the Raps and Wiz. I love Double Ds ;)

JordansBulls
01-20-2011, 08:55 PM

Miller and Haslem come off the bench, they are not starters. Other teams have had key starters out, either there best, 2nd best or 3rd best players were out.

beasted86
01-20-2011, 09:34 PM
All i'm saying is that to say "depth is only important when players gets injured" is ignorant. The playoffs are long and tough, and not everyone is going to play at their top level every game, injured or not.

It's not a coincidence that the last two NBA champions, Lakers and Celtics, are also one of the leading teams in terms of depth.

My primary point was you could have the very best 3rd string point guard in the league and it doesn't really matter in the playoffs if the coach is only playing 8 guys and he never gets off the bench. Most of the time when people are talking about the Celtics depth they are name dropping Jermaine O'Neal, Semrih Erden, Delonte West, etc... guys who probably won't get more than 8 minutes per game if that, and they surely won't play in all playoff games unless one of the main rotation guys are injured or in heavy foul trouble.

If you have a core group of 8 rotation players, all that matters is the health of those guys, not the depth behind them that will never come out of their warm up sweats and stay glued to the pine as "high five guys" come playoff time.

Miller and Haslem come off the bench, they are not starters. Other teams have had key starters out, either there best, 2nd best or 3rd best players were out.

You gotta remember that Bynum missed a lot of time and is just now essentially hitting regular season forum. Despite shaking off months of rust and another knee surgery, he has still managed to post a PER of 19.8 and a TS% of .59 through 20 regular season games. Especially impressive when you consider that those first 10 games were him getting into training camp forum, and the past ten have been his pre-season, as far as his body is concerned.

To put Bynums importance in perspective, Bosh posts a nearly identical PER 20.0, and a TS% of .56 for the Heat. Bynum is really important to the success of the Lakers.

Bryant is also coming off knee surgery. Frankly without Odom posting his best season ever the Lakers would be in a lot more trouble than they currently are.

Don't get the point of either of your 2 comments. Where is this coming from or supposed to go?

Bruno
01-20-2011, 10:15 PM

Don't get the point of either of your 2 comments. Where is this coming from or supposed to go?

It's coming from what you mentioned in an earlier post. You said, "And BTW, the Heat has had 2 of it's primary players injured all season long and are basically tied with the Lakers in standings..."

Your post implied that the Lakers have been 100% healthy and have not been dealing with injuries themselves, which is false. That's why I mentioned Bynum, his recovery from knee surgery, and his statistical likeness to Chris Bosh, emphasizing how important he is to the success of the Lakers. Just as Bosh is to the Heat. I also mentioned that Bryant is fresh off knee surgery. Bryant didn't start practicing with the team until a couple of weeks ago because of his health. That would take a toll on a teams record, wouldn't you think?

JB is making the point that Haslem and Miller while important, are bench players. You referred to them as primary players, which wasn't the best choice of words. Matt Barnes was posting a higher PER and better advanced stats than Haslem before he injured his knee last week. I don't go around referring to him as a "primary player". He's good, but he's bench/roll player, just like Haslem.

More or less you emphasized the injuries of The Heat's roll players, and undermined the injuries to Bynum and Bryant, which are far more important.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/barnema02.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hasleud01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/millemi01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/odomla01.html

Just because a guy is your main 6th man, doesn't mean he's a primary player. And don't try to compare Odom and Haslem in your rebuttal. Odom is posting a PER above 20 and a TS% of .612, all-star caliber numbers that Haslem doesn't come close to touching.

BillyHoyle35
01-20-2011, 10:21 PM
the gradings are essentially down on standings... it should be based of each teams expectations and how they have faired against these

beasted86
01-21-2011, 10:57 AM
It's coming from what you mentioned in an earlier post. You said, "And BTW, the Heat has had 2 of it's primary players injured all season long and are basically tied with the Lakers in standings..."

Your post implied that the Lakers have been 100% healthy and have not been dealing with injuries themselves, which is false. That's why I mentioned Bynum, his recovery from knee surgery, and his statistical likeness to Chris Bosh, emphasizing how important he is to the success of the Lakers. Just as Bosh is to the Heat. I also mentioned that Bryant is fresh off knee surgery. Bryant didn't start practicing with the team until a couple of weeks ago because of his health. That would take a toll on a teams record, wouldn't you think?

JB is making the point that Haslem and Miller while important, are bench players. You referred to them as primary players, which wasn't the best choice of words. Matt Barnes was posting a higher PER and better advanced stats than Haslem before he injured his knee last week. I don't go around referring to him as a "primary player". He's good, but he's bench/roll player, just like Haslem.

More or less you emphasized the injuries of The Heat's roll players, and undermined the injuries to Bynum and Bryant, which are far more important.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/barnema02.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hasleud01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/millemi01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/odomla01.html

Just because a guy is your main 6th man, doesn't mean he's a primary player. And don't try to compare Odom and Haslem in your rebuttal. Odom is posting a PER above 20 and a TS% of .612, all-star caliber numbers that Haslem doesn't come close to touching.

Wrong. :facepalm:

My point of mentioning their injuries was to counter his jab that the Heat only has 3 good players smart guy. My point has always been as long as your main 8 rotation guys are healthy, that's all that matters. Depth at 3rd string or guys who won't play in a playoff game, don't matter.

Come playoff time Haslem and Miller will be healthy and that's all that will matter for the Heat. Those are main guys in the 8 man rotation Miami will be playing. It won't matter that we don't have depth at PG or C because only 1 will be playing in the series, and both starters will see less than 25 minutes.

And seriously... LMAO at you making a case for Matt Barnes trying to use PER to value him as much as Haslem to the Heat. Haslem and Miller were brought in to be closers on the Heat even though they come off the bench. That's why they are primary players.

SteBO
01-21-2011, 11:09 AM

Depth.

He's saying when playoffs role around, coaches anly play an 8, 9 man rotation. I'm not saying depth isn't important, but it sounds like you're finding little things to jab at Miami's expense. This is what Miami's playoff roster should be....

Dwyane Wade
LeBron James
Chris Bosh
Mike Miller
Udonis Haslem
Mario Chalmers
Erick Dampier
Eddie House
Joel Anthony

This is a pretty solid playoff rotation to me.

AKA TheMamba
01-21-2011, 11:45 AM
LOL @ Cleveland's F Lakers B- Max....

SteBO
01-21-2011, 11:47 AM
LOL @ Cleveland's F Lakers B- Max....

+1 :laugh:

marlinsfan24
01-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Cleveland should at least get a D for not murdering Lebron when he was there this season.

SteBO
01-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Cleveland should at least get a D for not murdering Lebron when he was there this season.

:laugh2: No question

mikantsass
01-21-2011, 01:01 PM
So the Bulls have an A-, and the Hawks are at a B. ATL is 1 game behind the Bulls. So 1 game is the difference between an A- and a B?

Also, teams like OKC, Dal, Utah, Orl, NO are only 2 games behind the Bulls in record and all of them are B,B+,B-...... just dont understand.

Seems to me that the only A's in the NBA should be Bos, SA, LA and Mia.

beasted86
01-21-2011, 01:05 PM
So the Bulls have an A-, and the Hawks are at a B. ATL is 1 game behind the Bulls. So 1 game is the difference between an A- and a B?

It's because the Bulls have been injured all season, and the Hawks and Joe Johnson especially have been 100% healthy.

wait a second...

marlinsfan24
01-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah makes no sense to me. Also, no team should even be graded out close to the Spurs. They've been the best and most consistent this season IMO.

mikantsass
01-21-2011, 01:12 PM
It's because the Bulls have been injured all season, and the Hawks and Joe Johnson especially have been 100% healthy.

wait a second...

Yeah I know... because every team in the NBA has been 100% healthy this year except for the Bulls.

bovice163
01-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Yeah I know... because every team in the NBA has been 100% healthy this year except for the Bulls.

:violin: Need a tissue?

mikantsass
01-21-2011, 01:17 PM
:violin: Need a tissue?

Nope, just pointing out an observation from the list. That is what stuck out to me, it doesnt make any sense.

Can your violin guy play any Fabolous?

JordansBulls
01-21-2011, 03:12 PM

Also, teams like OKC, Dal, Utah, Orl, NO are only 2 games behind the Bulls in record and all of them are B,B+,B-...... just dont understand.

Seems to me that the only A's in the NBA should be Bos, SA, LA and Mia.

And why the hell would LA and Miami have an "A" or even Boston when all of those are the teams favorites to win it all and have the best record in the first place?

whitemamba33
01-21-2011, 03:33 PM
He's saying when playoffs role around, coaches anly play an 8, 9 man rotation. I'm not saying depth isn't important, but it sounds like you're finding little things to jab at Miami's expense. This is what Miami's playoff roster should be....

Dwyane Wade
LeBron James
Chris Bosh
Mike Miller
Udonis Haslem
Mario Chalmers
Erick Dampier
Eddie House
Joel Anthony

This is a pretty solid playoff rotation to me.

lol Did you even watch the playoffs last year?

Two teams in the NBA finals: Lakers and Celtics.

Lakers had a gimpy Bynum limping around and missing lots of time, Celtics lost Perkins.

If you are relying on a healthy rotation throughout a long playoff run, you are in for a huge surprise. Miller has missed most of the season so far, Haslem hasn't even suited up yet, and any member of the "big 3" are missing games regularly now. You think this is all going to change and these guys are going to grow a suit of armor in the playoffs....especially when the physical nature of the sport starts to show? LOL. Good luck with that.

whitemamba33
01-21-2011, 03:37 PM
And why the hell would LA and Miami have an "A" or even Boston when all of those are the teams favorites to win it all and have the best record in the first place?

Perhaps you don't know how the grading system works?

If you are the smartest kid in school and are expected to do well on every test, does that mean that teachers shouldn't give you A's if you've earned them? These teams are expected to do well, and they do. That doesn't mean they should be given a lesser grade.

beasted86
01-21-2011, 03:44 PM

Lakers had a gimpy Bynum limping around and missing lots of time, Celtics lost Perkins.

If you are relying on a healthy rotation throughout a long playoff run, you are in for a huge surprise. Miller has missed most of the season so far, Haslem hasn't even suited up yet, and any member of the "big 3" are missing games regularly now. You think this is all going to change and these guys are going to grow a suit of armor in the playoffs....especially when the physical nature of the sport starts to show? LOL. Good luck with that.

You don't watch much basketball, do you?

Haslem hasn't suited up yet? Was I imagining the 13 games he played?
Any member of the big 3 is missing games regularly now? 1 game for Wade, 2 games for LeBron, 1 game for Bosh half way through the season is regularly?

When guys get injured in the playoffs all coaches do is shorten their rotation and play guys more minutes than they would have played. Because Perkins got injured Shelden Williams wasn't going to suddenly get 20+ minutes. All that happened was KG, Rasheed, and Big Baby all played 30+ minutes. A coach doesn't change his rotation much unless the team gets plagued with injury... and even still you talk about teams like the Lakers & Celtics having depth, yet either way the Lakers would be hard pressed to win without Bynum just like the Celtics had difficulty winning without Perkins. "Depth" is only reliant on how much talent you have in your 8 man rotation, not how many players you have on your team that are talented... because 3rd stringers rock suits in the playoffs. :facepalm:

DoJoTheSlasher
01-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Before Butler and Dirk got hurt, Dallas was an A+, and Roddy wasn't even playing then. Without Dirk and Butler, Dallas is an F. With Dirk back in the lineup but still gimpy, C-.

whitemamba33
01-21-2011, 04:02 PM
You don't watch much basketball, do you?

Haslem hasn't suited up yet? Was I imagining the 13 games he played?
Any member of the big 3 is missing games regularly now? 1 game for Wade, 2 games for LeBron, 1 game for Bosh half way through the season is regularly?

When guys get injured in the playoffs all coaches do is shorten their rotation and play guys more minutes than they would have played. Because Perkins got injured Shelden Williams wasn't going to suddenly get 20+ minutes. All that happened was KG, Rasheed, and Big Baby all played 30+ minutes. A coach doesn't change his rotation much unless the team gets plagued with injury... and even still you talk about teams like the Lakers & Celtics having depth, yet either way the Lakers would be hard pressed to win without Bynum just like the Celtics had difficulty winning without Perkins. "Depth" is only reliant on how much talent you have in your 8 man rotation, not how many players you have on your team that are talented... because 3rd stringers rock suits in the playoffs. :facepalm:

You don't watch much basketball after the Heat get eliminated do you?

The Lakers have NEVER had a healthy Bynum in the NBA finals, yet they won two titles with him playingn sparingly...and went to the finals when he didn't really play at all.

And you aren't using logic. If Perkins got injured earlier in the playoffs, you don't think the effect of players playing 30+ mins a game when they usually play 20+ is going to take it's toll?

Like I said, we can argue about depth all day...but if you are planning on going throughout the playoffs with that same 8-9 man rotation, good luck with that.

SteBO
01-21-2011, 04:07 PM

No, I'm not relying on a completely healthy rotation, but don't act like Miami has no chance at winning it all. That's how you come off right now. BTW, regular season injuries happen, and right now, it's an adjustment period. Our bench has been playing pretty well, and Miller starting to find his groove a little bit. UD's coming back in late March, so the Heat will be okay. I guarantee you that both the Celtics and Lakers would be happy not to see us in a seven game series when we have all our guys back.

whitemamba33
01-21-2011, 04:12 PM
No, I'm not relying on a completely healthy rotation, but don't act like Miami has no chance at winning it all. That's how you come off right now. BTW, regular season injuries happen, and right now, it's an adjustment period. Our bench has been playing pretty well, and Miller starting to find his groove a little bit. UD's coming back in late March, so the Heat will be okay. I guarantee you that both the Celtics and Lakers would be happy not to see us in a seven game series when we have all our guys back.

huh? I'm not acting at all like they have no chance. They have a great chance at winning a championship. They have one of the best records in the league. If they can keep healthy, there is no reason why this team can't win.

I'm just illustrating the importance of depth. And it's not just against the Heat specifically, it can be applied to any team. I just believe that the Lakers and Celtics are MUCH more capable of dealing with injuries than the Heat are.

Yes regular season injuries happen, but so do playoff injuries. The stakes are high and the play gets very physical. I think the Celtics and Lakers are deep teams...so they can deal with that. I don't feel the same about the heat, so I guess it's up to them to prove me wrong. But they haven't really done that so far.

SteBO
01-21-2011, 04:12 PM
You don't watch much basketball after the Heat get eliminated do you?

The Lakers have NEVER had a healthy Bynum in the NBA finals, yet they won two titles with him playingn sparingly...and went to the finals when he didn't really play at all.

And you aren't using logic. If Perkins got injured earlier in the playoffs, you don't think the effect of players playing 30+ mins a game when they usually play 20+ is going to take it's toll?

Like I said, we can argue about depth all day...but if you are planning on going throughout the playoffs with that same 8-9 man rotation, good luck with that.

Again, we'll be fine.

SteBO
01-21-2011, 04:15 PM
huh? I'm not acting at all like they have no chance. They have a great chance at winning a championship. They have one of the best records in the league. If they can keep healthy, there is no reason why this team can't win.

I'm just illustrating the importance of depth. And it's not just against the Heat specifically, it can be applied to any team. I just believe that the Lakers and Celtics are MUCH more capable of dealing with injuries than the Heat are.

Oh this is the argument. I that case, yes, I can agree simply because of the way we're consructed.

beasted86
01-21-2011, 04:24 PM

And they lost when he was rocking a suit, and set a record getting blown out in Game 6.

Anyway, I stick by my original point: Depth throughout the roster isn't important. Only talent depth in your 8 man rotation. The Heat will be fine come playoff time, as they have enough depth in their 8 man rotation. The Celtics aren't necessarily much deeper in their 8 man rotation than the Heat are. All most teams really need is the best 3-4 guys healthy.

I'm out.

whitemamba33
01-21-2011, 04:26 PM
And they lost when he was rocking a suit, and set a record getting blown out in Game 6.

Anyway, I stick by my original point: Depth throughout the roster isn't important. Only talent depth in your 8 man rotation. The Heat will be fine come playoff time, as they have enough depth in their 8 man rotation. The Celtics aren't necessarily much deeper in their 8 man rotation than the Heat are.

I'm out.

lol i see....so it's him limping up and down the court for a few minutes that won us the title.....he's the modern day Willis Reed.

Bruno
01-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Wrong. :facepalm:

My point of mentioning their injuries was to counter his jab that the Heat only has 3 good players smart guy. My point has always been as long as your main 8 rotation guys are healthy, that's all that matters. Depth at 3rd string or guys who won't play in a playoff game, don't matter.

Come playoff time Haslem and Miller will be healthy and that's all that will matter for the Heat. Those are main guys in the 8 man rotation Miami will be playing. It won't matter that we don't have depth at PG or C because only 1 will be playing in the series, and both starters will see less than 25 minutes.

And seriously... LMAO at you making a case for Matt Barnes trying to use PER to value him as much as Haslem to the Heat. Haslem and Miller were brought in to be closers on the Heat even though they come off the bench. That's why they are primary players.

Of corse. What I bolded on top are obvious points I agree with. And I don't disagree with your assessment on your PG or C situations either, as long as those guys are healthy. What I disagree with is your down playing Laker injuries, and you referring to Haslem and Miller as primary players. They aren't, they're secondary roll players.

You need to look up the definitions of "primary" and "secondary". Haslem and Miller are secondary, important role players. Their advanced stats, Haslems minutes per game (26) and on court production all suggest their are secondary players for the Heat. Whether you like it or not, Barnes has made a bigger on-court impact than Haslem this season, just look at the stats.

SFGiants4life
01-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Kings suck, i was expecting to win 20-25 games this year, now more realistically 15-20

mikantsass
01-21-2011, 06:31 PM

Maybe because they all have over 30 wins and are the best teams in the league?

So just because they are the favorites to win they cant get an A? That doesnt make sense. Werent the Cowboys favored to win the SB? How did that work out....

JordansBulls
01-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Maybe because they all have over 30 wins and are the best teams in the league?

So just because they are the favorites to win they cant get an A? That doesnt make sense. Werent the Cowboys favored to win the SB? How did that work out....

No, that is not what I am saying. Some of those teams have had the easiest schedules in the league thus far such as LA and now they will have the 2nd hardest the rest of the way. I am saying how do you give them an "A" with the easiest schedule thus far and not even the top team record wise?

mikantsass
01-22-2011, 11:58 AM
No, that is not what I am saying. Some of those teams have had the easiest schedules in the league thus far such as LA and now they will have the 2nd hardest the rest of the way. I am saying how do you give them an "A" with the easiest schedule thus far and not even the top team record wise?

You can only play the teams on your schedule. While you may be correct in them having an easy schedule, they still took care of business with 30+ wins at the halfway mark. Their are only 4 teams in the league who hit the 30 mark. All of them are the elite teams in the league. They all deserve an A

The 2nd half is the 2nd half... but the grades are for the 1st half.

Super.
01-22-2011, 12:09 PM

Because this is a mid season report card...and said team has done really well in the first half?

It makes sense if you actually apply brainpower

Kakaroach
01-22-2011, 01:38 PM
B for the Jazz sounds about right. Doing well but for sure could be much better.

TylerSL
01-22-2011, 04:52 PM
These are some changes I would do

Heat should be more like a (B)-because they have blown some games they should have won.

Lakers should be a (B-/C+)-im not baiting, they have had the easiest schedule in the league and have only 4th best record in the leauge.

Spurs shoud definately be an (A+)-37-6, on pace to win 70 games and everybody thought they were done. Easily the team of the year to this point.

T-Wolves should be more like a (C)-because they have alot of young tallent and keep most games close, that deserves some credit.

Nets should be more like a (C)-because they are MUCH improved over last year.

Suns should be (D)-because they have only been a HUGE disapointment to this point.

Other than that, I agree with every other grade