PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Favors

Ty Fast
01-19-2011, 03:24 PM
I know these guys are supposed to be professionals and being traded is part of the game and nobody other than a very select few in the league are untouchable, and so on and so on. But how are all these trade rumours going to affect this kid? I donít see Melo going to the Nets so what is going to do for his confidence? Do you think this will affect his future with the team of even his progress in the league?

Hawkeye15
01-19-2011, 03:25 PM
I haven't seen anything in the slightest in Favor's character to think he won't be a professional about it.

Slimsim
01-19-2011, 03:29 PM
He might use it as motivation. And surpass Carmelo Anthony

Oldmantrash
01-19-2011, 03:31 PM
I haven't seen anything in the slightest in Favor's character to think he won't be a professional about it.

It's impossible to say how this effects a 19 year old kid.

I'm sure it's bothering him now,he's seems like an introverted person,once it's done he could settle in,then we'll see what kind of player he could become.

I'm not convinced he will be that good,he's so passive on the court,no fire.

arkanian215
01-19-2011, 03:32 PM
From day 1 he was talked about as a trading chip. When the melo rumors started, it did bug him to know that any day, he could get a call telling him the team that he seems to enjoy being w/ has traded him. Supposedly, it doesn't bug him anymore but it definitely bugged him at the start.

THE_FLASH_21
01-19-2011, 03:34 PM
He might use it as motivation. And surpass Carmelo Anthony

Agreed.. But idk if he passes Melo. Melo is a top 10 player in the world..

tdunk21
01-19-2011, 03:35 PM
a true professional wont let all these rumors effect his game, infact that player will work hard....am sure it bothers him coz he is young, but he shouldnt let this rumor get in the way of him flourishing...rumors and injuries are part of a player's life...

Ty Fast
01-19-2011, 03:42 PM
a true professional wont let all these rumors effect his game, infact that player will work hard....am sure it bothers him coz he is young, but he shouldnt let this rumor get in the way of him flourishing...rumors and injuries are part of a player's life...

it shouldnt but he is a 19 year old kid. i just hope it doesnt rattle him. i like him and hope he turns out ok.

topdog
01-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Heck, the Nets didn't even seem to want to draft him. I don't get why. He would've been a great pick for the Sixers and was a good fit for NJ. I see him having a breakout 2nd year no matter where he is. He has the type of attitude where he'll take the offseason seriously and come back stronger.

hgtiger32
01-19-2011, 04:41 PM
hell, im almost 19 and if this was me it wouldnt bother me because I know that melo is a top 10 player and the fact that im a big part of the potential trade would give me confidence. Id also go out there and play my *** off to show how good I am. Idk, maybe its just me but thats how i look at it

OT Thriller
01-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Here ya go:

Derrick Favors, the 19-year-old rookie who was rumored to be the centerpiece in the multiple-player deal, was shocked upon hearing the news in the locker room before the game.

"I don't have to worry about it no more," Favors said. "It's over with. This is my first time hearing it. I'm excited."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6038636

With the distraction behind him, I think we are going to see a more focused and overall better player in Favors. Not being in the rumor mills anymore can only boost his confidence in New Jersey.

Sixerlover
01-19-2011, 09:04 PM
It sure will be awkward at team meetings when Billy King tries to say hi to him after dangling his name out there for the past 5 months.

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 09:06 PM
I always wondered how hearing rumors of them being traded affects athletes. I always thought it would lower their morale and hurt their performance, not to mention their feelings.

Think about it, you're accustomed to a team, you like your team mates, you like the town you play for...and over your head constantly swirl all these rumors of you being included in a trade. If it were me, it would affect me and it would hurt my feelings.

fadedmario
01-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Greg Monroe, Favors, and Cousins are all going to be stars in this league.

DwayneMVPwade
01-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Greg Monroe, Favors, and Cousins are all going to be stars in this league.

Ed Davis has a better chance to become a star in this league than Monroe, but I like Monroe and think that he can get good

fadedmario
01-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Ed Davis has a better chance to become a star in this league than Monroe, but I like Monroe and think that he can get good

Monroe's last 10 games he is beasting more than all of them. Check the stats

DwayneMVPwade
01-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Monroe's last 10 games he is beasting more than all of them. Check the stats

I know, I am aware of what Monroe is doing. I still think Davis has more potential. Steal of the draft and steal of the lottery. Davis should of been the 6th pick