PDA

View Full Version : Rondo Hate?

corky831
01-19-2011, 11:48 AM
ok I was just looking up some recent celtic stats, and noticed Rondo is shooting 52.8 % from the field.....he gets all the hate of his shooting or scoring ability, and Ik he don't have the qualifying amount of games or takes as many shots as paul, rose, wade, etc.....but he would have the highest FG% of any PG in the league right now.....just a little stat for those who hate on rondo and his shooting ability...and I know rondo gets a lot of lay ups....but his shooting has drastically improved...

Go Celtics!

Cool007
01-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Making couple of jumpshots a game don't make you a good a good shooter. That FG% is misleading. He gets most of his points in the paint as opponents try and cover those other 4 HOFers they have.

This is not slight on Rondo, who is a phenomenal player but just pointing out what actually is going on.

Rondo is Celtics like 5th option on (his own) offense in the starting lineup. If he is not shooting 50%+ then he would be really like duhon-esqe.

Kudos to Rondo for doing it.

Minimal
01-19-2011, 12:12 PM
I bet he can average 20 PPG with .450 FG%.
Most Rondo haters are just Bulls fans, who get angry when someone mentions Rondo being better than Rose, that's all.

I think he is one of the most respected players in the league.

mttwlsn16
01-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Rondo is scary good

Hawkeye15
01-19-2011, 12:19 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01.html

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Rajon%20Rondo

tells us all we need to know. Rondo's FG% being respectable looking is because he continues to shoot half his shots at the rim. Fact is, he is a poor midrange shooter, and a poor free throw shooter that understands his limits.

Rondo is a poor shooter. But other than some turnovers, he doesn't have any other flaws. Top 5 PG in the NBA. Just can't shoot well

Everyone has weaknesses. Shooting and careless turnovers are Rondo's. His passing, defense, and decision making are elite however.

jim51990
01-19-2011, 12:25 PM
people can say all they want about the "4 HOF teammates" but as a celtics fan who watches every game rondo makes them they do not make him
pp is the only player besides rondo who by themselves could still play at an all star level.

td0tsfinest
01-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Has anybody read the article on yahoo about the Boston score keepers? They may be giving Rondo more assists than he actually should.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Rajon-Rondo-leads-the-NBA-in-stolen-assists;_ylt=Ap.PBJ7RG6zcw9xDQ9RSgFbqbwM6?urn=nba-309151

DaBUU
01-19-2011, 12:27 PM
people can say all they want about the "4 HOF teammates" but as a celtics fan who watches every game rondo makes them they do not make him
pp is the only player besides rondo who by themselves could still play at an all star level.

Isnt Ray Allen having a career year shooting the ball?

ATX
01-19-2011, 12:29 PM
The only ones hating on Rondo are Bulls fans. Everyone else knows he's an elite PG.

Minimal
01-19-2011, 12:29 PM
+1
I watch a lot of Celtics games myself being a Miami fan and I also can say that it's not the players who surround him make him better, but he makes them better.

tdunk21
01-19-2011, 12:30 PM
if rondo can develop a decent mid range jumshot...there will be more haters for sure...

his defense is top notch and i dont think any other PG can defend the way he does....sure hall of famer...but how would rondo play if the celtics big 3 call it a career?

bovice163
01-19-2011, 12:32 PM

Except when Rondo was out for the couple games this season, Boston didn't take a dump on themselves and lose them all because he was out. But when KG was injured, that was a different story.

Rondo takes shots he can make, which usually are layups, dunks, and elbow jumpers. You can give him credit, he knows when to score and he knows when to defer. He is better at that than any other PG in the league. But because his field goal percentage is at 52, in no way does that mean he's a good shooter. That's like saying Dwight is a good shooter because his field goal percentage is high as well.

Hawkeye15
01-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Except when Rondo was out for the couple games this season, Boston didn't take a dump on themselves and lose them all because he was out. But when KG was injured, that was a different story.

Rondo takes shots he can make, which usually are layups, dunks, and elbow jumpers. You can give him credit, he knows when to score and he knows when to defer. He is better at that than any other PG in the league. But because his field goal percentage is at 52, in no way does that mean he's a good shooter. That's like saying Dwight is a good shooter because his field goal percentage is high as well.

Nash is better.

But the rest of the post is right on. The Celtic's MVP is, and has been, KG since he showed up.

8kobe24
01-19-2011, 12:35 PM
ok I was just looking up some recent celtic stats, and noticed Rondo is shooting 52.8 % from the field.....he gets all the hate of his shooting or scoring ability, and Ik he don't have the qualifying amount of games or takes as many shots as paul, rose, wade, etc.....but he would have the highest FG% of any PG in the league right now.....just a little stat for those who hate on rondo and his shooting ability...and I know rondo gets a lot of lay ups....but his shooting has drastically improved...

Go Celtics!

Rondo is hella quick and flat out scary when he's running the show because he can dissect the defense and find the open man. That shooting percentage is good but he still lacks a decent jump shot. Most of the shots he makes are layups. When people "hate" on rondo's shooting, they mean rondo's J.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-19-2011, 12:40 PM
this seems to be a monthly reocurring (sp) thread

corky831
01-19-2011, 12:41 PM
i agree most rondo's points are in the paint...but he does take a few J's.....and if he was as horrible as many ppl say he is ....I'd think his FG % would be somewhere in the 40s.....his FT % is aweful.....no denying that

Sox72
01-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Has anybody read the article on yahoo about the Boston score keepers? They may be giving Rondo more assists than he actually should.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Rajon-Rondo-leads-the-NBA-in-stolen-assists;_ylt=Ap.PBJ7RG6zcw9xDQ9RSgFbqbwM6?urn=nba-309151

Interesting read. Can't wait to hear all the posts discrediting it.

His splits do show that his apg are higher at home.

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 12:51 PM

I had seen the video before on here and it was closed for some odd reason, but the article is interesting.

Phenomenonsense
01-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Rondo is great because of the players around him. Sure he makes them better, sure he doesn't need to score, however, if the "Stuckey+Rip for Rondo+Allen" trade rumor was true and Rondo was a Piston as of now, he simply wouldn't be averaging 13 assists. 8-10? Sure.

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm a Bulls fan but I don't hate on Rondo, I think he's great

NickyNick
01-19-2011, 01:00 PM

this also says stockton, chris paul, and derron williams all have the same thing....soooo this is discredited and kelley dwyer is not legit

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm a Bulls fan but I don't hate on Rondo, I think he's great

I don't hate rondo, I just think he is a punk ever since the bulls celtics series from a couple years ago when he threw hinrich into the scores table and slapped brad miller.

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 01:02 PM
lol. that sounds gangsta. Slapped brad miller.

hugepatsfan
01-19-2011, 01:02 PM
That article is garbage. He found one mistake and then assumes it's a regular occurence.

DaBUU
01-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Rondo is the craftiest player in the NBA without a doubt.

Hawkeye15
01-19-2011, 01:09 PM
I don't hate rondo, I just think he is a punk ever since the bulls celtics series from a couple years ago when he threw hinrich into the scores table and slapped brad miller.

that is a straight up pimp move. Loved it

Rivera
01-19-2011, 01:09 PM

hahaha i was there for that i started rolling because brad miller had a clear path to the basket....he was gonna dunk it he was so wide open before rondo came across and snuffed him...

i was actually surprised they didnt call a flagrant

but i love rondo...this kids only flaw is his jump shot...he has gotten better as a mid range shooter but he continually just knifes through the defense and feeds the open man...when he wants rondo hustles his *** off....the only bad thing i can say about rondo is sometimes he plays to the level of his competition...cause when he faces a soso ok point guard...he doesnt always bring it...but when he goes against steve nash or cp3 or dwill he goes all out

i love rondo hes a beast

top3 PG in the game today....(cp3/dwill/rondo)

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 01:11 PM
he couldn't guard D Rose though. Just sayin'

epumpers21
01-19-2011, 01:17 PM
who can rose guard? lol

PurpleJesus28
01-19-2011, 01:19 PM

+1. remember how he backed up when hinrich came after him after he threw him into the table? i like how half the posts on the first page were calling out Bulls fans for hating on Rondo when no Bulls' fans posted anything regarding hating on Rondo. kid can ball no doubt, but his jumper and range are definitely lacking.

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 01:19 PM
not any one person probably, it takes 2

Draco
01-19-2011, 01:21 PM
not any one person probably, it takes 2

It takes 2 players to commit a foul and 1 ref for the no call.

Raph12
01-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Look at his TS% and EFG%, compare that to guys like CP3 and DWill and then start this thread... Rondo passes unnecessarily, nuff said.

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2011, 01:26 PM
+1. remember how he backed up when hinrich came after him after he threw him into the table? i like how half the posts on the first page were calling out Bulls fans for hating on Rondo when no Bulls' fans posted anything regarding hating on Rondo. kid can ball no doubt, but his jumper and range are definitely lacking.

yeah he backed up, lol he was scared hinrich was going to kick his ***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRxZ-6DYJgU

Rivera
01-19-2011, 01:39 PM
he couldn't guard D Rose though. Just sayin'

cause basketball refrence doesnt include playoff games in there head2 head finder

rondo held rose under 20 7 out of 10 matchups that they have went head 2 head

and including the one time the bulls and celtics met in the playoffs in 09

rondo held rose under 20 for 3 out of 7 games

so thats 10 out of 17 total games that rondo and rose have played against each other and rondo and the Cs held rose under 20

so how cant rondo guard rose??? i think he does a damn good job...especialyl considering roses role on that team as a scoring pg...not saying he isnt a point guard cause he is...he just is a shoot first PG....i have him at #5 in my PG rankings...so i dont hate rose

corky831
01-19-2011, 01:50 PM
cause basketball refrence doesnt include playoff games in there head2 head finder

rondo held rose under 20 7 out of 10 matchups that they have went head 2 head

and including the one time the bulls and celtics met in the playoffs in 09

rondo held rose under 20 for 3 out of 7 games

so thats 10 out of 17 total games that rondo and rose have played against each other and rondo and the Cs held rose under 20

so how cant rondo guard rose??? i think he does a damn good job...especialyl considering roses role on that team as a scoring pg...not saying he isnt a point guard cause he is...he just is a shoot first PG....i have him at #5 in my PG rankings...so i dont hate rose

well said, just cuz rose had a good game against rondo last time, the bulls fans forget the other games rose had against rondo and the C's

rickshaw
01-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Interesting read. Can't wait to hear all the posts discrediting it.

His splits do show that his apg are higher at home.

look at the splits of chris paul, derrick rose, russell westbrook, steve nash. all the same. deron was the only top pg that didnt average 1-2 more assists at home

effen5
01-19-2011, 02:14 PM
this seems to be a monthly reocurring (sp) thread

a celtic fan made it...

effen5
01-19-2011, 02:15 PM
well said, just cuz rose had a good game against rondo last time, the bulls fans forget the other games rose had against rondo and the C's

rose usually has good games against the Celtics....

KaiserSose
01-19-2011, 02:32 PM
This thread makes me furious!

Someone in my fantasy league is getting bogus assists!

Shonuff
01-19-2011, 02:33 PM
this also says stockton, chris paul, and derron williams all have the same thing....soooo this is discredited and kelley dwyer is not legit

It's called reading comprehension. The article actually says those players have been recipients of liberal assists. An example of this is how Ray Allen's assist (even though credited to Rondo) might not have been an assist because Shaq dribbled and pump faked like four times. This is not what Rondo got. Rondo got an assist for assisting the guy that made the assist.

KaiserSose
01-19-2011, 02:36 PM
oops nm

THE_FLASH_21
01-19-2011, 02:38 PM
ok i was just looking up some recent celtic stats, and noticed rondo is shooting 52.8 % from the field.....he gets all the hate of his shooting or scoring ability, and ik he don't have the qualifying amount of games or takes as many shots as paul, rose, wade, etc.....but he would have the highest fg% of any pg in the league right now.....just a little stat for those who hate on rondo and his shooting ability...and i know rondo gets a lot of lay ups....but his shooting has drastically improved...

Go celtics!

layups layups layups

NickyNick
01-19-2011, 02:40 PM
It's called reading comprehension. The article actually says those players have been recipients of liberal assists. An example of this is how Ray Allen's assist (even though credited to Rondo) might not have been an assist because Shaq dribbled and pump faked like four times. This is not what Rondo got. Rondo got an assist for assisting the guy that made the assist.

its called reading comprehension my friend.....why dont you read more than one paragraph and read the part that says all those players got favorable assist by the home scorers :facepalm:

KingPosey
01-19-2011, 02:44 PM
he can score in the lane, no doubt about it. But he cant shoot. Dont take his fg% as any indication of how well he shoots. It tells where he shoots FROM.

Kashmir13579
01-19-2011, 02:47 PM
He's damn good. truly unique player.

ElMarroAfamado
01-19-2011, 02:47 PM
saying Rondo is a good shooter is like saying Lebron James is a good shooter cause he has a game where he goes 10-15 FGs when probably one of those is a shot.
Rondo gets his buckets of layups on fastbreaks...and shots under the basket...teams leave him wiiiiiiiiiiiide open and he just dribbles around until he can find somebody....his offensive game is laughable and hes good...he just shouldnt be mentioned in the same category as deron williams or chris paul in my opinion.

Yunqn
01-19-2011, 02:50 PM
So this is your defense for him?

I'm not sure right now becuase I'm on the phone but rose is around 50% and gets doubled..
Rondo is wide open for most of the whole game.

And with allen,pierce and garnett.. Roses lane and offense would be incredible..

At the end of the day rondo is only as good as his team is and I dare someone to say no and look stupid.

RedSoxFan2434
01-19-2011, 02:52 PM
top 5 pg's

paul
deron
rondo
rose
nash

in order

Minimal
01-19-2011, 02:54 PM
top 5 pg's

paul
deron
rondo
rose
nash

in order
+1

Ezekial
01-19-2011, 02:55 PM
I hate Rondo because he punched Brad Miller in the face.

thekmp211
01-19-2011, 02:56 PM

this.

his career reminds me of tony parker haters, back when he had a suspect jumper. except rondo is much better.

Kashmir13579
01-19-2011, 02:58 PM
top 5 pg's

paul
deron
rondo
rose
nash

in order

truth.

Yunqn
01-19-2011, 03:03 PM
saying Rondo is a good shooter is like saying Lebron James is a good shooter cause he has a game where he goes 10-15 FGs when probably one of those is a shot.
Rondo gets his buckets of layups on fastbreaks...and shots under the basket...teams leave him wiiiiiiiiiiiide open and he just dribbles around until he can find somebody....his offensive game is laughable and hes good...he just shouldnt be mentioned in the same category as deron williams or chris paul in my opinion.

Thank you,

People are just riding the hype til the big 3 leave.
Then people will see he can't carry the team.
Imo I"ll take nash & westbrook over him..

His defense wasn't any good til thibs came in.. And with the way rose has dramatically changed under thibs and with rondo being under thibs for 3 years I think wait til rose has 3 years under him..

Rose\williams
Paul
Westbrook
Nash
Rondo.. If nash was on the celtics you think he wouldn't be avg 14 assist and being left wideeee open? With probably the 2nd best interior defense behind him and with thibs, you think rondos defense isn't overrated? A.I avg just as much steals and no one called him a defensive player.. Rondo is no different. But because he has a lot of flaws people got to look at what he can do and overhype him.. Rondo is good.. But I can put 4-5 guys ahead of him and in his situation and that team is better..

corky831
01-19-2011, 03:04 PM
So this is your defense for him?

I'm not sure right now becuase I'm on the phone but rose is around 50% and gets doubled..
Rondo is wide open for most of the whole game.

And with allen,pierce and garnett.. Roses lane and offense would be incredible..

At the end of the day rondo is only as good as his team is and I dare someone to say no and look stupid.

rose is shooting 45 % from the field

Double_R
01-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Rondo is a beast, but there is a reason that teams don't guard him outside of 15ft

Boston Fanatic
01-19-2011, 03:08 PM
field goal percentages are misleading i dont think anyone can argue that rondos game is not shooting mid range jumpers but i also think that celtics fans know he has the ability to shoot and that if he took more jumpers his field goal percentage would be right their around the leagues highest at PG especially after he whapped two jumpers in a row against the magic the other day both with a hand in his face

but whatever its better for the flow of the game if rondo isnt shooting because he gets guys the ball who we need big numbers from

DitchDat
01-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Ideal for me would be Rondo's defense and playmaking skills, and Rose's improvement in the shooting department. He worked on it for one summer, and now the guy is a legitimate 3-point threat. It probably isn't going to happen for Rondo, but hey, even Kidd added it to his repertoire later in his career. He will get better but he will never be an elite shooter.

BIG worm
01-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Rondos good. Hes even better come playoff time. That dude makes so many impact plays it's impressive. The rose, rondo rivalry is fun to watch.

Yunqn
01-19-2011, 03:14 PM
top 5 pg's

paul
deron
rondo
rose
nash

in order

How is rondo ahead of rose?
Someone still hasn't made me even 2nd guess it..
:facepalm:Someone please show me..

I don't wanna hear these in a reply

Better rebounder because rose plays with probably and most likely the best rebounding team in the league..

Better defense becuase rondo only gambles on steals and with the interior defenders the celtics got which is probably number 2 he can gamble big time on steals.. rondo also played under thibs who's obvs. A difference maker when you look at rose.. So ill give rose 3 years under him just like rondo and wtahc this change..

Better passer.. Um hello you can only make a assist if the person you pass it to makes the shot.. And rondo plays with not only allstars but with 3 of the best players in our generation and rose just now has a team and look.. Mvp candidate..

So for u or someone who sees this.. Please answer how is rondo ahead of rose?

Hawkeye15
01-19-2011, 03:20 PM
It amazes me how any thread involving any PG in the history of the game turns into a Rose versus Rondo debate.

Keep this about Rondo, or I see no need for it since we have other PG threads.

Thank you

Ty Fast
01-19-2011, 03:22 PM
he is the most over rated player in the nba.

corky831
01-19-2011, 03:24 PM
^ nice pic....still waiting for the heat to beat the celtics this yr

Shonuff
01-19-2011, 03:28 PM
its called reading comprehension my friend.....why dont you read more than one paragraph and read the part that says all those players got favorable assist by the home scorers :facepalm:

Yes, favorable but not blatant false stats. As in the example of Allen to Shaq. Slow down when you read son.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-19-2011, 03:30 PM
a celtic fan made it...

are you trying to make a point? :confused:

sargon21
01-19-2011, 03:38 PM
he is the most over rated player in the nba.

I actually agree with this because people put him in the top 3 PG. I mean imagine Nash on the C's and the numbers he'd put up, and most put him at the #5 spot at the PG list.

Despite that, I have Rondo at the #5 spot.

Dwill/Rose/CP3
Nash
Rondo
Westbrook

is how it looks for me atm.

D1JM
01-19-2011, 03:43 PM
The only ones hating on Rondo are Bulls fans. Everyone else knows he's an elite PG.

Yea, **** rondo. Hinrich should of punched his *** in the playoffs two years ago.

Double_R
01-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Paul
Williams
Westbrook
Rondo
Nash
Rose
That is my order

Now on to the Rose Rondo debate:
I like my pg to make the whole team better by making them better, not himself, that is my gripe with Rose. He seems more like a shoot first pass second dude and those type of pg's only get you so far.
If I had to pick one guy to put around mediocre players to make the playoffs, I would take Rose, if I had championship caliber team and wanted my team to win a championship I would take Rondo. Hell, I can't remember the last team that won when their pg was the highest scorer on the team.

Super.
01-19-2011, 04:01 PM
He has been working on his midrange jumper and making it more often

ilovemyangel
01-19-2011, 04:04 PM

Better rebounder because rose plays with probably and most likely the best rebounding team in the league..

Better defense becuase rondo only gambles on steals and with the interior defenders the celtics got which is probably number 2 he can gamble big time on steals.. rondo also played under thibs who's obvs. A difference maker when you look at rose.. So ill give rose 3 years under him just like rondo and wtahc this change..

Better passer.. Um hello you can only make a assist if the person you pass it to makes the shot.. And rondo plays with not only allstars but with 3 of the best players in our generation and rose just now has a team and look.. Mvp candidate..

well i like both rondo and rose. all i can say is that they provide different things for their respective teams. rondo has the entire celtics playbook in his head and runs the celtics team well whereas rose leads the bulls with his explosive scoring. who's the better pg? i dunno how to answer that just that they are both great players in their own rights.

NickyNick
01-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Yes, favorable but not blatant false stats. As in the example of Allen to Shaq. Slow down when you read son.

thats one example in that video....its human error, the PA guy is on a bench away from the play....the pass from allen to shaq was so fast it could of looked like a straight pass from rondo to shag to the PA....i havent seen any other videos yet....so just this one doesnt mean it happens all the time.

and cant they change the stats? the PA guy isnt the offical score keeper.....when he says someone hits a 3 it can be changed to a 2 if his foots on the line

NickyNick
01-19-2011, 04:06 PM
I actually agree with this because people put him in the top 3 PG. I mean imagine Nash on the C's and the numbers he'd put up, and most put him at the #5 spot at the PG list.

Despite that, I have Rondo at the #5 spot.

Dwill/Rose/CP3
Nash
Rondo
Westbrook

is how it looks for me atm.

sooo rose is equal to paul and dwill?

Minimal
01-19-2011, 04:13 PM

Why we need to prove u if u already answered your question.

magichatnumber9
01-19-2011, 04:26 PM

tells us all we need to know. Rondo's FG% being respectable looking is because he continues to shoot half his shots at the rim. Fact is, he is a poor midrange shooter, and a poor free throw shooter that understands his limits.

Rondo is a poor shooter. But other than some turnovers, he doesn't have any other flaws. Top 5 PG in the NBA. Just can't shoot well

Everyone has weaknesses. Shooting and careless turnovers are Rondo's. His passing, defense, and decision making are elite however.Yeah it tells me this he doesn't let a weakness affect his team so he doesn't play the game like a knuckle head. What more could you possibly ask for from a player who is elite.

Hawkeye15
01-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Yeah it tells me this he doesn't let a weakness affect his team so he doesn't play the game like a knuckle head. What more could you possibly ask for from a player who is elite.

it also tells us his roster support is so good they can play thru his mistakes. Rondo's inefficienies don't force his teams overall efficiency in those areas to spiral downward. That is the definition of having a strong roster to cover your mistakes.
And please don't take this like I am bashing Rondo. All great teams must be like this. Because no player is perfect, and they need their team to cover what they can't do. Nothing different here.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Yeah it tells me this he doesn't let a weakness affect his team so he doesn't play the game like a knuckle head. What more could you possibly ask for from a player who is elite.

:clap::clap::clap:

/thread

on a side note, i did the Magic Hat Brewery Tour last weekend. :cheers:

Redbull
01-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Most overrated player in the league by far.

unwantedplayer
01-19-2011, 04:49 PM

Explain how.

Hawkeye15
01-19-2011, 04:56 PM

why do people say these kinds of things? That is utterly ridiculous.

Double_R
01-19-2011, 04:57 PM
The most overrated player in the league is Kevin Love...

Double_R
01-19-2011, 04:58 PM
It was joke H15...

Rondo is not overrated at all... and I can't stand the Celtics

Hawkeye15
01-19-2011, 04:59 PM

don't make me cyber-backhand you!

BluejaysFan08
01-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Im seriously going to start making a counter in my sig for every Heat/Lebron and Rondo thread. This is out of hand.

BluejaysFan08
01-19-2011, 05:02 PM

Let us know when you start watching basketball.

Hawkeye15
01-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Let us know when you start watching basketball.

he is totally kidding. The dude has always posted how much he thinks Love is a baller

BluejaysFan08
01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
he is totally kidding. The dude has always posted how much he thinks Love is a baller

Ok good, I was going to say, Im not going to waste my time arguing but now I dont have to.:clap:

Hustlenomics
01-19-2011, 05:20 PM
that is a straight up pimp move. Loved it

+ 1

hinrich was lucky it was broken up then again Boston was lucky caue Rondo would would have got suspended for hurting him

layups layups layups

jumpshots and three pointers effect it too

Thank you,

People are just riding the hype til the big 3 leave.
Then people will see he can't carry the team.
Imo I"ll take nash & westbrook over him..

His defense wasn't any good til thibs came in.. And with the way rose has dramatically changed under thibs and with rondo being under thibs for 3 years I think wait til rose has 3 years under him..

Rose\williams
Paul
Westbrook
Nash
Rondo.. If nash was on the celtics you think he wouldn't be avg 14 assist and being left wideeee open? With probably the 2nd best interior defense behind him and with thibs, you think rondos defense isn't overrated? A.I avg just as much steals and no one called him a defensive player.. Rondo is no different. But because he has a lot of flaws people got to look at what he can do and overhype him.. Rondo is good.. But I can put 4-5 guys ahead of him and in his situation and that team is better..

lol keep praying for his downfall

Yea, **** rondo. Hinrich should of punched his *** in the playoffs two years ago.

lol Bulls fans are still butthurt from 2 years ago :cry:

why do people say these kinds of things? That is utterly ridiculous.

they're not people ..but bulls fans

MDD
01-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Until he start receive most of the blame when the celtics don't win instead of RAY,PAUL AND KEVIN I will always think he's overrated and not the star on his team. When the lakers don't win it's Kobe fault,Orlando Howard, MIami Lebron and Wade,Chicago Rose,Utah Williams,New Orleans Paul, but when the players r not hitting their shots it's not his fault they lost so why should he get the praise when they do thats why I say he's overrated. Rose ,Paul and Williams are obvious superstars when the blame is always theirs to bare.

Hawkeye15
01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Until he start receive most of the blame when the celtics don't win instead of RAY,PAUL AND KEVIN I will always think he's overrated and not the star on his team. When the lakers don't win it's Kobe fault,Orlando Howard, MIami Lebron and Wade,Chicago Rose,Utah Williams,New Orleans Paul, but when the players r not hitting their shots it's not his fault they lost so why should he get the praise when they do thats why I say he's overrated. Rose ,Paul and Williams are obvious superstars when the blame is always theirs to bare.

while that is a weird way to look at it, I kinda see where you are coming from.

MDD
01-19-2011, 05:43 PM
It's like saying Ray,Paul and Kevin are great because of him when it's the other way around they each scored over 20pts before playing with rondo.

Hustlenomics
01-19-2011, 05:47 PM
^ yes.. in their prime

Hawkeye15
01-19-2011, 05:54 PM
It's like saying Ray,Paul and Kevin are great because of him when it's the other way around they each scored over 20pts before playing with rondo.

well, they are all well past their prime, and Rondo does help them all maximize their talents still. None of them can carry a team anymore, but are all perfect compliments. And Rondo is pretty much the driver

Minimal
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Man if u actually watched some Celtics games and ur eyes weren't filled with hatred to Rondo you would have understood that he makes them better, he helps the team, he does his job, which was given by Doc Rivers, with great efficiency. And see the result? They almost won last years finals (they would have won, if the coaching was right) and are heading to another finals this year with 30-9 season record and East HCA in their pocket.

Kashmir13579
01-19-2011, 06:15 PM
while that is a weird way to look at it, I kinda see where you are coming from.

He was getting Ray Allen wide open shots every game. its not his fault if the most methodical jump-shooter in the NBA goes completely cold. just because your the best player on the team doens't mean its your fault when the team loses. i think thats a ridiculous argument. was it Lebron's fault Mo Williams and the rest of the mediocre players on that Cleveland team aren't cut out for the postseason? was it Steve Nash's fault that Amar'e doesn't box out? i see where he's coming from but that is not an end-all-be-all argument by any stretch.

Hawkeye15
01-19-2011, 06:23 PM
He was getting Ray Allen wide open shots every game. its not his fault if the most methodical jump-shooter in the NBA goes completely cold. just because your the best player on the team doens't mean its your fault when the team loses. i think thats a ridiculous argument. was it Lebron's fault Mo Williams and the rest of the mediocre players on that Cleveland team aren't cut out for the postseason? was it Steve Nash's fault that Amar'e doesn't box out? i see where he's coming from but that is not an end-all-be-all argument by any stretch.

well, what the poster was saying is, a so called "elite" player bears the burden for their team's success and failure. Rondo doesn't really see this type of scrutiny.
I don't evaluate a player like that, but there is something there, you know?

YoungOne
01-19-2011, 06:25 PM

rondo is setting him up and calling plays for him

madiaz3
01-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Call him among the most efficient, but I am never going to call someone a good shooter when their FT% is below 50%.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-19-2011, 06:35 PM
No one really hates Rondo. He gets his fair shar of criticism as PG's like Paul, Williams, Nash, etc.

But that's just because Rose is a god in this forum.

:laugh2:

TO to the CHI
01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
I am not sure I get the purpose of this thread, but my biggest question is why fans can't recognize their own players' weaknesses. Rondo is a stud and easily one of the top 5-6 PGs in the league. His shooting is weak though and while he does exercise intelligent shot selection (a big plus), he also hampers his team, by allowing defenders to play off him and let him shoot. Also, it is far from ideal to have a primary ball handler who is a terrible FT shooter as it affects late game strategy quite a bit.

Kashmir13579
01-19-2011, 06:39 PM
well, what the poster was saying is, a so called "elite" player bears the burden for their team's success and failure. Rondo doesn't really see this type of scrutiny.
I don't evaluate a player like that, but there is something there, you know?

absolutely. he's looking at negative public perception and headlines that go with being a franchise player. Rondo doesn't receive either as of now. that doesn't change what happens on the floor though. i see what he means, yes. certainly an abstract way of evaluating Rondo as an elite.

Hawkeye15
01-19-2011, 06:49 PM
absolutely. he's looking at negative public perception and headlines that go with being a franchise player. Rondo doesn't receive either as of now. that doesn't change what happens on the floor though. i see what he means, yes. certainly an abstract way of evaluating Rondo as an elite.

haha, exactly

MDD
01-20-2011, 11:53 AM
AND i hate the case people always make by saying well he have a ring which validate him being great when fisher have five rings but people would not consider him elite, I'm not saying he's not a good player I'm but when they make comparisons to great players it's outrageous even his defense is a direct result of who he play with.

MDD
01-20-2011, 11:59 AM
and yes i do know basket played it being watching and playing since the age of 6 , 33 now played rose,wade,walker,and curry in chicago.

mikantsass
01-20-2011, 12:12 PM

Who Derrick Rose?

bostonrules37
01-20-2011, 12:18 PM

yah but his game is mainly coming off screens and he & rondo have the timing down perfect if it wasnt for rondos passing ability he wouldnt be having the yr he is! pp can create his own shot better then anyone on that team there for he can still succeed at an allstar level without rondo!

bostonrules37
01-20-2011, 12:28 PM
theyre just an above avg team without him 7-4 but an elite team with him 25-5 this yr! he is the engine of the celtics without him theyd be no better then a 5 seed! enough said :)

D1JM
01-20-2011, 12:59 PM
lol Bulls fans are still butthurt from 2 years ago :cry:

they're not people ..but bulls fans

Butt hurt from what? I was just mocking the guy that said we hate rondo because he is an elite pg and that Supposably only bulls fans hate on him.

DaBUU
01-20-2011, 01:21 PM
who can rose guard? lol

DRoses defense has really come around, seems whatever Thibs taught Rondo, he's now teaching it to Rose. Hes not Rondo defense yet, but hes really improved in that area. But Rondo really is the perfect fit for Boston right now.

KingPosey
01-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Ray Allen creates his own open shots for the most part. The way that guy moves without the ball is reggie miller Eske.

KingPosey
01-20-2011, 01:35 PM
theyre just an above avg team without him 7-4 but an elite team with him 25-5 this yr! he is the engine of the celtics without him theyd be no better then a 5 seed! enough said :)

did u take into account who else was injured or playing injured while he was out? probably not.

madvillian9
01-20-2011, 01:48 PM
What happens in two years when the C's loose everyone to retirement??? Rondo will fade into obscurity.

h2r09
01-20-2011, 01:53 PM
rondo would be the most dominant player in the league if he could shoot. even without shooting and the team he is on he is the pg id choose first today. the guy just impacts the game both offensively and defensively. he is just dominant and impossible to stop especially on that team.

Lake_Show2416
01-20-2011, 03:03 PM
He get the hate for being on the Celtics ...it comes with the territory just like any other high profile franchise.

Rondo is the best player on his team. Which is impressive considering that he plays with 3 Hall of Famers

my favorite player is Kobe i know hate hahaha

blueplanet
01-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Rondo is the 2nd best PG in the league.

1. CP3
2. Rondo
3. Deron
4. Nash
5. Westbrook

Kashmir13579
01-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Ray Allen creates his own open shots for the most part. The way that guy moves without the ball is reggie miller Eske.

ok lemme rephrase then. Rondo was finding Ray every time he got open.

D1JM
01-20-2011, 03:39 PM
who can rose guard? lol

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/19/rose-dwarfs-other-improvements-with-defense/

More outstanding yet are Rose’s individual defensive numbers. According to Synergy Sports Technology, Rose has allowed just 0.77 points per possession overall on defense this season, an elite mark for any defender, regardless of position. Chris Paul (0.86 points per possession allowed), Rajon Rondo (0.83 PPP allowed), and Russell Westbrook (0.92 PPP allowed) –- all excellent defenders -– have been trumped statistically this year, and by no slim margin. Rose has each of those players handily beat, and boasts a shockingly comprehensive defensive profile.

Rose is particularly effective in defending isolation sequences, where he allows just 0.61 points per possession. Rose’s lateral quickness becomes a huge asset when opponents go one-on-one.

He's going to get better defensively under thibs

THE_G.O.A.T.
01-20-2011, 03:39 PM
I just hate when basketball dumb people say he is as good as Derrick Rose. That is just a flat out lie. He is a good PG though, just not D-Rose good.

Kashmir13579
01-20-2011, 03:40 PM
What happens in two years when the C's loose everyone to retirement??? Rondo will fade into obscurity.

yea with all that cap room and Rondo the Cs are gonna be screwed :rolleyes:

THE_G.O.A.T.
01-20-2011, 03:41 PM

1. CP3
2. Rondo
3. Deron
4. Nash
5. Westbrook

BAHAHAHAHAHA, nice list, what are you a jr. high girl? I thought they were the only ones that made lists like this.

Super.
01-20-2011, 03:44 PM

They sign Dwight Howard :D

bovice163
01-20-2011, 03:45 PM

1. CP3
2. Rondo
3. Deron
4. Nash
5. Westbrook

:facepalm:

Stop posting please.

Kashmir13579
01-20-2011, 03:46 PM
They sign Dwight Howard :D

my thoughts exactly

Super.
01-20-2011, 03:47 PM
I just hate when basketball dumb people say he is as good as Derrick Rose. That is just a flat out lie. He is a good PG though, just not D-Rose good.

Derrick Rose is a great Combo guard. But he can't distribute the ball like Rondo. But Rondo can't shoot like Rose can.

Rondo and Rose are two different types of players and really can't be accurately compared to another. Rondo and Kidd are two great disbutors first, and shooters second, while Rose, and say DWill and CP3 are great shooters first, and great distributors second.

Super.
01-20-2011, 03:48 PM
my thoughts exactly

It all makes perfect sense

WizFan3
01-20-2011, 03:50 PM
disagree rondo will get better at shooting but right now hes not good at all ur saying he can shoot a mid range because he takes like 3 and makes 1 all of his shots are at the rim plus he has like 4 or 5 hall of famers on his team of course hes gonna put up stats...but i do think rondois avery good player if he could shoot good...nastiest player in nba

JordansBulls
01-20-2011, 03:53 PM

Everyone has weaknesses. Shooting and careless turnovers are Rondo's. His passing, defense, and decision making are elite however.

Exactly!! All you have to do is watch the finals where he was given jumpshot after jumpshot and he really didn't do anything in them and it was his worst series.
The man shot 26% from the free throw line.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/stats/2009/nba_finals_stats.html

Kashmir13579
01-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Derrick Rose is a great Combo guard. But he can't distribute the ball like Rondo. But Rondo can't shoot like Rose can.

Rondo and Rose are two different types of players and really can't be accurately compared to another. Rondo and Kidd are two great disbutors first, and shooters second, while Rose, and say DWill and CP3 are great shooters first, and great distributors second.

LMFAO. CP3 not a distributer first? FYI Rose doesn't get compared to CP3 and Williams; he gets compared to Marbury, Zeke, and Steve Francis. LMAO. and btw Rose's shooting numbers are getting better but he is not known as a great shooter. wow.

JordansBulls
01-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Most Rondo haters are just Bulls fans, who get angry when someone mentions Rondo being better than Rose, that's all.

I think he is one of the most respected players in the league.

You have some nerve saying this when you didn't join until Mid July after the Heat got a great team and then all of a sudden you are a Heat fan.

BradytoGronkTD
01-20-2011, 04:03 PM
^^He doesn't have a lot of nerve, he is just posting his opinion...which I agree with along with probably everyone else in this forum thats not a bull fan.

RZZZA
01-20-2011, 04:10 PM
who gives a crap. Rose is top 3 or top 5 which is good enough for me. I don't have some pressing need to have him be #1

And if you under-rate Rose, goody goody gum drops, all the better for our team

RZZZA
01-20-2011, 04:19 PM
why does he have a lot of nerve if what he's saying is true? and what does being a heat fan have to do with this?

if that post isn't baiting i don't know what is. and your a mod:facepalm:

Bulls fans hating on Rondo is a reoccurring theme, and i don't blame them after what he did to you guys in the playoffs. :butthurt:

Hey, why don't you focus on your team not sucking? Then talk. You know how much money the damn Knicks have cost me?

:mad:

sargon21
01-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Kashmir should be on my ignore list, I don't know why he's not.

Kashmir13579
01-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Hey, why don't you focus on your team not sucking? Then talk. You know how much money the damn Knicks have cost me?

:mad:

since we're doing this, why don't you focus on beating the Knicks cause the Bulls are probably the only team we haven't had ANY problems with at all this season. "Then talk".

and betting on the NBA is ******** everybody knows the spreads are rigged.

Kashmir13579
01-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Kashmir should be on my ignore list, I don't know why he's not.

do it.

RZZZA
01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
since we're doing this, why don't you focus on beating the Knicks cause the Bulls are probably the only team we haven't had ANY problems with at all this season. "Then talk".

and betting on the NBA is ******** everybody knows the spreads are rigged.

rigged like how?

Yeah, you beat the bulls then get destroyed by the damn Rockets. Maybe I should only bet on the Knicks when they play the bulls. You're ranked 15th in the league according to the last power rankings. Jumping jesus, Maybe it's my fault, maybe I over rate your team and think they're much better than they actually are.