PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks Hire Cable As O-Line Coach And Assiant Head Coach

NateyB24
01-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Seahawks hire Tom Cable as assistant head coach/offensive line coach and Todd Wash as defensive line coach.

http://twitter.com/710espnseattle/status/27515576628813825

Probaly means we will stick with the ZBS since he worked under Gibbs.

Edit:Sorry mispelled assistant forgot the s and t :facepalm:

chonbon
01-18-2011, 08:14 PM
good hire for you guys...

NFC WEST making moves today

FWBrodie
01-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Great hire. Glad to see a continued commitment to the ZBS. Cable is a good coach and working for the Seahawks is going to feel like being released from the insane asylum for him.

W@rH@wk
01-18-2011, 08:46 PM
We also hired Todd Wash as DL coach and promoted Kris Richard and Rocky Seto to coach the secondary.

drew_ellis_23
01-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Lots of good moves, sucked to see McDaniels blow us off for the Rams, who do you think will be the offensive coordinator?

FWBrodie
01-18-2011, 09:21 PM
The best part is that Cable can now be a contributor in the draft process. The O-line has to improve. Hopefully Cable can help find value in the later rounds.

House
01-18-2011, 09:34 PM
I love this move... Cable will keep our line in check!

Hopefully we can secure a good OFF Coordinator. Someone to compliment Cable and the run game is a MUST!

Chacarron
01-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Russell Okung will improve greatly.

steelie
01-18-2011, 09:46 PM
The best part is that Cable can now be a contributor in the draft process. The O-line has to improve. Hopefully Cable can help find value in the later rounds.

No doubt, hopefully he can help us find value in later rounds for the o-line. If that is the case then getting a beast 6 foot+ CB should be possible in the one of the first 2 rounds along with a decent o-line prospect too. I can't wait for the draft!

Hawksfan2010
01-18-2011, 10:26 PM
I love this move. I was hoping to see mcdaniels come in to but oh well. At least our Oline will improve greatly.

furmat60
01-18-2011, 10:31 PM
GREAT MOVES! Not so sure about firing Jeremy Bates though......4 different offensive coordinators in 4 years. I'm not liking that...........we don't want to be the 49ers.

RaiderFaithful
01-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Hey Congraz on the Cable hire I love Tom Cable was upset when Davis didn't re-sign him he will most defiantly improve your OL don't be surprised is Robert Gallery sign with you guys he's a huge Cable guy.

Drio
01-18-2011, 10:40 PM
I like this hire. I think Cable will be a good O-line coach. Now we just need to find a good OC and we **should** be set

shen
01-19-2011, 01:37 AM
I love this signing. I remember when some of us mentioned it before as an option. Also I know wrong side of the ball and what not but the Raiders loved him and might be able to have him make a call or two to Aso for us. Just sayin.

Tam13i
01-19-2011, 02:08 AM
i would love jim zorn to come home again!!

furmat60
01-19-2011, 02:22 AM
i would love jim zorn to come home again!!

Agreed!

rwj3584
01-19-2011, 03:12 AM
Huge pick up with Tom Cable. Especially since he's a disciple of Alex Gibbs!! Hopefully Cable can recruit Asomugha and maybe Gallery to are team. Now we need to find a coordinator that can last more than a year. It's crazy that this is our 4th offensive coordinator in as many years.

House
01-19-2011, 04:42 AM
Huge pick up with Tom Cable. Especially since he's a disciple of Alex Gibbs!! Hopefully Cable can recruit Asomugha and maybe Gallery to are team. Now we need to find a coordinator that can last more than a year. It's crazy that this is our 4th offensive coordinator in as many years.

I'd be all for Asomougha, but Gallery? Really??? The dude has been one of the most inconsistent guys.

bwobster
01-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Do you really expect Browner to be the signing we need??? I like the previous posts of having Cable contact Nnadi but Browner should not have been the signing that would check that box for you.... ALSO, just think to yourself..... LOCKLEAR or GALLERY.... LOCKLEAR or GALLERY... LOCKLEAR or GALLERY.. I would like the opportunity to bring Gallery in here and see what he can do because GOD knows we need to fix this line!!!

House
01-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Do you really expect Browner to be the signing we need??? I like the previous posts of having Cable contact Nnadi but Browner should not have been the signing that would check that box for you.... ALSO, just think to yourself..... LOCKLEAR or GALLERY.... LOCKLEAR or GALLERY... LOCKLEAR or GALLERY.. I would like the opportunity to bring Gallery in here and see what he can do because GOD knows we need to fix this line!!!

No. I'd take Aso in a HEARTBEAT! I just checked it off as something we've done already and that boots Kelly Jennings! I know some people may not agree with me, but if we grabbed Aso, I'd trade Trufant. He's overpaid for his performance. He's do almost $7M this year. I'd rather have Aso for 1/2 season, then Trufant a full one. Browner could've been a low/mid contract that would open a door for Aso. He could even play SS.

As much as I hate Locklear, he looked pretty good the last 3 games we played. No penalties and only 1 sack allowed on his side. He was playing for a contract elsewhere! IMO, Sean isn't coming back... Gallery has been just as inconsistent as Locklear, maybe more because of where he was drafted. My Father-in-law is a HUGE Raiders fan and he tells me all the time about Gallery and he never lived yp to the expectations of a TOP pick. There are plenty of rookies I'd start over Gallery. If Cable was to bring him along and he plays great, I'd be more than happy to say I was wrong...

Akas206
01-19-2011, 11:57 AM
I hate this....F Tom Cable, he is a Raider for life probably has a Raider Tramp Stamp...F him and the Raiders

House
01-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Is Gallery going to be a Free Agent? The reason I ask is I see Barnes, Walker and Henderson becoming FAs this year, but no Gallery. This is current as of 2 weeks ago...

http://www.nfltraderumors.co/2011/01/top-50-nfl-free-agents/

Thebudler
01-19-2011, 12:35 PM
I hate this....F Tom Cable, he is a Raider for life probably has a Raider Tramp Stamp...F him and the Raiders

Calm down, you do know he was born and raised in Snohomish, Washington right?

I really like the move. I think he comes in and immediately gains respect! Watch out if you mess with Cable you can get knocked the eff out!

NateyB24
01-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Is Gallery going to be a Free Agent? The reason I ask is I see Barnes, Walker and Henderson becoming FAs this year, but no Gallery. This is current as of 2 weeks ago...

http://www.nfltraderumors.co/2011/01/top-50-nfl-free-agents/

Yea, id be careful though at his age he might be breaking down. He gave credit to Tom Cable helping him though so i think if Cable wanted him we could get him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?id=1656&sport=NFL

bwobster
01-19-2011, 02:13 PM
I want a real FB to help the running game as well.... GIMME TOLBERT from SD.... WIth Cable here I just feel we have the ability to get back to 2005 rushing numbers... Bring Gallery in so then we have Okung and Gallery on the left side, give Unger the C position unless we can get better in FA, on the right side Pitts and Andrews (same as Unger, unless we get better in draft or FA)... Looking at that though, those are some MEAN MF's while putting Tolbert (another battering ram, which we havent had since our beloved MACK) at FB to open holes for the newly crowned owner of BEAST MODE... Marshawn Lynch.... I just want to run the DAMN ball this year and take some pressure off of Matt since this will most certainly be his last hoorah *(if he stays, which I am pretty sure he will)

furmat60
01-19-2011, 02:41 PM

You're an idiot.

Akas206
01-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Calm down, you do know he was born and raised in Snohomish, Washington right?

I really like the move. I think he comes in and immediately gains respect! Watch out if you mess with Cable you can get knocked the eff out!

Cable said. ďThe Seahawks werenít in Seattle when I was a little kid. They didnít come until what, í75 or í76? By then I was 12 years old. So Iíd always been a Raiders fan. Itís a dream come true. Itís a joy every day to coach this football team.Ē

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/oct/28/the-cable-guys-from-snohomish/#ixzz1BVaHCona

*** Tom cable im sure he has a Raiders Tramp Stamp for his boyfriends to look at while the *** him in his fat ***

furmat60
01-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Cable said. ďThe Seahawks werenít in Seattle when I was a little kid. They didnít come until what, í75 or í76? By then I was 12 years old. So Iíd always been a Raiders fan. Itís a dream come true. Itís a joy every day to coach this football team.Ē

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/oct/28/the-cable-guys-from-snohomish/#ixzz1BVaHCona

*** Tom cable im sure he has a Raiders Tramp Stamp for his boyfriends to look at while the *** him in his fat ***

So? I'm sure it would have been a dream come true to coach any team. Getting a head coaching job is an amazing accomplishment. WTF is your point dude? Seriously, you're the only one on this forum who isn't happy with this decision.

NateyB24
01-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Cable said. “The Seahawks weren’t in Seattle when I was a little kid. They didn’t come until what, ’75 or ’76? By then I was 12 years old. So I’d always been a Raiders fan. It’s a dream come true. It’s a joy every day to coach this football team.”

You expect him to say anything else? Of course hes going to talk up the Raiders while hes the HC of them.

Akas206
01-19-2011, 03:55 PM
We'll see im just a huge Raider Hater, And always been nothing but a Seahawks fan, Now that he is part of our squad i might change my attitude, i just remember him saying he will always be a Raider.

House
01-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Robert Gallery-to-Seattle makes sense. The Seahawks need help at guard. Cable coached a pretty good one, Robert Gallery, in Oakland. Gallery can become a free agent after this season. Gallery was known to like Cable. Signing Gallery would make sense for Seattle and it could be easier with Cable on staff.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/31810/sifting-through-a-transformational-tuesday

Good call on Gallery... I hope I am wrong about him. I am a person with an opinion and if he helps the team, I'll put my opinion away...

FWBrodie
01-19-2011, 04:32 PM

He's from Washington.

seahawks509
01-19-2011, 04:44 PM
I like having Cable on our team. He's going to grately improve our team, and will help our run offense. I've been saying that I think we need to run it more and be more like the Jets. Having Cable, he will probably want to run the ball more, which will be better for us as an offense that didn't run very much.

rwj3584
01-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Dont get me wrong I would love to get Mankins or Nicks to play LG, but I don't think that will happen. Gallery was a bust at LT and as I think he was the #4 overall pick, but as a LG he's played fairly well better than what we've had since Hutch left. Plus Cable has helped Gallery alot.

House
01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Dont get me wrong I would love to get Mankins or Nicks to play LG, but I don't think that will happen. Gallery was a bust at LT and as I think he was the #4 overall pick, but as a LG he's played fairly well better than what we've had since Hutch left. Plus Cable has helped Gallery alot.

I can see where you're coming from. ESPECIALLY when it comes to rapport with Cable and $$$. He definitely would come cheaper than Mankins or Nicks. Gibbs was a MAIN reason Pitts came to SEA, maybe Cable will bring Gallery

00raider81
01-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Good Hire for you guys, great motivator. Gallery's deal was voided 4 year early, so good chance he follows Cable. Satele as well (C). In his (Cable) system, he makes everyone learn a different spot, not only to back em up, but so you know the man next to you & his job. if you know his job, then you only know yours better. good philosophy.

I'm in lower Hawk country, so i will hear this for a while. Kind of like Carroll going north, but not as bad as Kiffin at SC (USC fan, & Duck hater!!)

I liked Cable, great o-line coach. glad he landed on his feet, he better be careful though, pac north west women don't just hit back, they shoot.

FWBrodie
01-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Good Hire for you guys, great motivator. Gallery's deal was voided 4 year early, so good chance he follows Cable. Satele as well (C). In his (Cable) system, he makes everyone learn a different spot, not only to back em up, but so you know the man next to you & his job. if you know his job, then you only know yours better. good philosophy.

I'm in lower Hawk country, so i will hear this for a while. Kind of like Carroll going north, but not as bad as Kiffin at SC (USC fan, & Duck hater!!)

I liked Cable, great o-line coach. glad he landed on his feet, he better be careful though, pac north west women don't just hit back, they shoot.

Awesome. That has Alex Gibbs written all over it.

Canada26
01-20-2011, 05:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/31810/sifting-through-a-transformational-tuesday

Good call on Gallery... I hope I am wrong about him. I am a person with an opinion and if he helps the team, I'll put my opinion away...

Really like the hiring of Cable. If he can get Gallery to come over, even better. OT and OG are two of the positions of immediate needs for Seattle. Cable will definitely improve a poor run game.

furmat60
01-20-2011, 08:39 PM

Why can't most Raiders fans be more like you?

Seattle4Ever
01-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Why can't most Raiders fans be more like you?

This.

FWBrodie
01-27-2011, 10:42 PM
"Tom Cable, as an offensive line coach, ranks up there with any of the best ones I've ever been under," Newberry said. "His passion for the game, I think. He truly, truly loves line play. He wants to be a line coach. These guys are in for a rude awakening as far as the tempo of practice and how they're going to work under him. The guy is intense as hell. He cares about what he does. He loves his players, but it's going to be a rude awakening because the tempo, you can't wait to go to team drills and 9-on-7 just to get a break from individual with that guy. They're going to work their (hindparts) off for him."
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/

furmat60
01-27-2011, 10:57 PM

Hell yeah!

House
01-28-2011, 01:32 AM

Hell yeah!

AWESOME!!! I'm stoked to see Lynch and Forsett both shine behind our new line!!!