PDA

View Full Version : If Steve Nash decides he wants out, should the Suns also buy out Vince's contract?

JordansBulls
01-18-2011, 01:41 PM
If Steve Nash decides he wants out, should the Suns also buy out Vince's contract?

thephoenixson28
01-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Steve Nash doesn't want out. Plus the suns are playing good of late, and I see them making the playoffs.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Steve Nash doesn't want out. Plus the suns are playing good of late, and I see them making the playoffs.

this

Eagles4Lyfe
01-18-2011, 02:12 PM
An Mod making a thread like this thats intended to bait because there is no source provided saying he's saying these kinds of things..
Should we make a thread saying should derrick rose want out where should he go??

sep11ie
01-18-2011, 02:17 PM
An Mod making a thread like this thats intended to bait because there is no source provided saying he's saying these kinds of things..
Should we make a thread saying should derrick rose want out where should he go??

It's nothing like that at all. Nash is 36 years old on a team that needs to rebuild.

Rose is 22 on a team that has been rebuilt for him.

Tell me how thats the same. The thread makes sense. He's asking if the Suns owe it to Nash to send him to a team that needs an upgrade at PG that will COMPETE for the title.

Sadds The Gr8
01-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Suns forum?

theducksmuggler
01-18-2011, 02:19 PM
if this was someone first post or even a person with as many posts as me started this thread they would get torn a new as shole, like serouisly no sources just a random thought...cmon man u no better

sep11ie
01-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Trust me. JB gets torn a new one all the time. At least he didn't make a thread about Melo, or the Heat, or how much better Rose is than Rondo...

sunnydayin'zona
01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Suns forum?

no, because we in the suns forum know he wont ask to be traded, and the FO wont trade him.

sep11ie
01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
OK, someone with 50,000+ posts goes trolling/baiting? Please. He just stays active. I know he makes plenty of pointless threads, but just to keep conversation going.

Eagles4Lyfe
01-18-2011, 02:31 PM
no, because we in the suns forum know he wont ask to be traded, and the FO wont trade him.
Exactly especially since there is no source

OK, someone with 50,000+ posts goes trolling/baiting? Please. He just stays active. I know he makes plenty of pointless threads, but just to keep conversation going.

What are you his official spokesperson??? Clearly suns fans are getting angry ^^ at these allegations, this thread has stupid written all over it...
Who cares how many posts he has?? He's an MOD who should know better in the NBA forum i don't go around following him like you do i just seen this thread thought id see a report when i opened it saw nothing and immediately knew it would lead to baiting

Sadds The Gr8
01-18-2011, 02:34 PM

yea but the question had an IF, not a when. Meaning it's just an idea and it probably won't happen. Pretty sure you guys could handle that in the Suns forum.

sep11ie
01-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Exactly especially since there is no source

What are you his official spokesperson??? Clearly suns fans are getting angry ^^ at these allegations, this thread has stupid written all over it...
Who cares how many posts he has?? He's an MOD who should know better in the NBA forum i don't go around following him like you do i just seen this thread thought id see a report when i opened it saw nothing and immediately knew it would lead to baiting

My point is he posts like this in the Rockets forum too. His intentions are not to troll. I shake my head at a bunch of his threads/posts too, but my point was he's not trying to bait/troll. Its just JB. Sounds more like you have an internet anger problem to me. He didn't even make allegations, it was an open question.

Eagles4Lyfe
01-18-2011, 02:40 PM
My point is he posts like this in the Rockets forum too. His intentions are not to troll. I shake my head at a bunch of his threads/posts too, but my point was he's not trying to bait/troll. Its just JB. Sounds more like you have an internet anger problem to me. He didn't even make allegations, it was an open question.

internet anger:confused: Why would i care im not even a suns fan, im just trying to save MOD's some trouble from the unecessary baiting and stuff..
I could care less but good luck

sep11ie
01-18-2011, 02:42 PM
internet anger:confused: Why would i care im not even a suns fan, im just trying to save MOD's some trouble from the unecessary baiting and stuff..

Your a great ambassador. PSD thanks you.

Eagles4Lyfe
01-18-2011, 02:49 PM

Thanks your a great spokesperson;)

sunnydayin'zona
01-18-2011, 02:53 PM
yea but the question had an IF, not a when. Meaning it's just an idea and it probably won't happen. Pretty sure you guys could handle that in the Suns forum.

yeah, and we do talk about it already. this was an unnecessary thread. it does get irritating that the only thing ever posted in the NBA forum about the suns is nash trade speculation that has no support. if you visit the suns forum, you'll see many quotes from nash, gentry, babby, ect. saying nash will not be traded.

but to answer the original question, no they would not buy him out. that would be pointless. he has a huge expiring contract and is still a number one scoring option, if they did not let him expire and buy out his last year in the offseason, they would trade him.

i dont think JB was baiting, he could be wondering if VC would be available for the Bulls to pick up.
The answer is, from my perspective of a suns fan in phoenix listening to every word out of our FO's mouth, that the bulls would have to trade for carter. they would probably have to trade taj/deng or something for him.

but honestly, VC is much more available than nash. we have 5 quality wings and a glaring need for a real PF.
so JB, taj gibson for one of our wings?

sunnydayin'zona
01-18-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm going to be that guy.

*you're

*you're

sep11ie
01-18-2011, 02:55 PM

Did we just become best friends?

GodsSon
01-18-2011, 03:16 PM
The Suns won't trade Nash, but they absolutely should instead of holding out a few more years instead of rebuilding...let's be real here, this Suns team is going nowhere (which became apparent the day Amare left), and having Nash on the team gives them the 8th-10th seed out West and a worse pick come draft day.

I understand they probably need him to sell tickets, but if retaining your star player solely revolves around ticket sales, then that's pretty damn bad. Trade him while his value is still tremendously high and start a proper rebuild.

Eagles4Lyfe
01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Did we just become best friends?

seeing as how we both have a hate towards t-mac then ya:p

NYKSpiritBomb
01-18-2011, 03:23 PM

2x's vince is starting to click in this system theyll be .500

sep11ie
01-18-2011, 03:26 PM
seeing as how we both have a hate towards t-mac then ya:p

Wanna go do karate in the garage?

JordansBulls
01-18-2011, 03:27 PM

I didn't say he did, I asked if he did want out since he is 36 years old, he may want to have a chance to get a ring.

I also think the Suns with the team intact makes the playoffs, but do you think a guy of Nash's caliber at his age now, just wants to make the playoffs?

valade16
01-18-2011, 03:27 PM

Isn't half the point of PSD to engage in hypotheticals like this one?

I have no problem, since he didnt say "the suns should trade nash" he said if they did.

Here would be the best thread ever: IF everyone on psd stopped trying to read into the intentions of every post and every poster and assuming they're negative, and instead actually engaged in fun hypothetical discourse, HOW much better would psd be?

Eagles4Lyfe
01-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Wanna go do karate in the garage?
Im sure you wouldn't want to i have a dirty chop:p

Isn't half the point of PSD to engage in hypotheticals like this one?

I have no problem, since he didnt say "the suns should trade nash" he said if they did.

Here would be the best thread ever: IF everyone on psd stopped trying to read into the intentions of every post and every poster and assuming they're negative, and instead actually engaged in fun hypothetical discourse, HOW much better would psd be?
impossible, so then we can all live in an imaginary world and make hypothetical situations about anything and keep making threads everyday that'll start getting irritating..

sunnydayin'zona
01-18-2011, 03:35 PM
I didn't say he did, I asked if he did want out since he is 36 years old, he may want to have a chance to get a ring.

I also think the Suns with the team intact makes the playoffs, but do you think a guy of Nash's caliber at his age now, just wants to make the playoffs?

yes. he has said so many times. he and hill have said they would rather retire in phoenix without rings on their fingers than somewhere else with a ring on a team that is not theirs.

and to the guy saying losing amare is why the suns suck, i dont agree with you. the reason the suns are losing is not because they dont have amare but because they dont have any low post threat at all. they need a real starting power forward. it doesnt have to be an mvp candidate

Ty Fast
01-18-2011, 03:40 PM

i agree 110%. if nash does get traded it will be in the off-season, but he does not want to leave.

valade16
01-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Im sure you wouldn't want to i have a dirty chop:p

impossible, so then we can all live in an imaginary world and make hypothetical situations about anything and keep making threads everyday that'll start getting irritating..

Shouldnt you be pretty irritated with psd right about now?

Heres a better solution, since the internet is INFINITE how about you stick to the parts of it and psd you enjoy (not the hypotheticals) and myself and jordans bulls will stick to the parts we enjoy (hypotheticals).

Deal?

AirCanada15ORL
01-18-2011, 03:47 PM
y is everyone tweaking? just answer the damn thread if you want or dont read it.

I think the Suns should just stick it out till Nash retires. Who cares? rebuild after that...who says rebuilding is just gonna mean Suns will be contenders anytime soon? Enjoy legendary Steve Nash while you can and now you got VC to sell even more tickets especially when he continues to click in this offense. And Hill is stepping up huge this year and hes what 38? Enjoy this while you can, plenty of years to rebuild after....and plus I'd respect Nash more if he stayed like players used to back in the day way back than if he left and didnt win a ring. (it's not easy to just switch to a contender and win a ring..). I say go Nash, go Suns, play as best they can and try to make the playoffs rather then tank it, dish out Nash and Carter and start fresh with a leaderless young team.

JasonJohnHorn
01-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Firstly, whether Nash asks or not, the Suns should be looking to move him. And Grant Hill, and Vince Carter. How many more seasons can the Suns turn things around? Grant Hill, Nash and Carter are all on the wrong side of 30, though each still has plenty to contribute, there is just no way they can put together a playoff team, let alone a contender with what they got. Draft picks, draft picks and more draft picks. Ship Grant Hill to a contender, I can't think of a tema that wouldn't love to have him on board. Carter could get something, maybe an expiring contract like Eddy curry (nevermind, I can't believe I even mentioned that guys name). But seriously, Carter is a quality player (even if i cant stand him), teams like Dallas, Utah, Portland, they could all use him and all have pieces to offer. And as for Nash... well... I can't think of any contender that needs a ball handler, because pretty much, if you don't have a ball handler, then you arent a contender, but i suppose splitting minutes with JKidd would be nice, or maybe a package that sends Carter and Nash to NY?

Either way, Phoenix needs to have a fire sale and rebuild!

shep33
01-18-2011, 04:00 PM
first off I don't think he wants out, 2nd teams have to give up a lot to get him with him signing that contract. Then the question remains do you want to take a chance on him at his age?

I would if i'm one player away from getting a ring. Steve Nash if he wanted to get traded, should go to the Clippers or Mavericks... Mavericks as of right now makes more sense to me, just cause they are somewhat close but not there yet to winning it all.

sunnydayin'zona
01-18-2011, 04:14 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571696

Ahh, and the purpose for this thread is revealed;)

thephoenixson28
01-18-2011, 04:21 PM

I also think the Suns with the team intact makes the playoffs, but do you think a guy of Nash's caliber at his age now, just wants to make the playoffs? I never said you said he did. Steve Nash already came out and said he doesn't want to be traded. So your question is irelevant.

Corey
01-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Its completely hypothetical, chill out guys.

WizFan3
01-18-2011, 04:40 PM
if both happen i suggest going into rebuilding mode

Redbull
01-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Yes, if they decide to part ways with Nash it would not make sense to keep Carter.