PDA

View Full Version : Ok lets talk about Celtics

j-bay
01-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Is there a team in the East that can beat Boston? I mean they lost to a couple teams that beat them but i don't see a team that says we are a serious threat to you guys we are going to beat you in the playoffs in the EC (Not the finals Lakers fans). The Heat has lost to them twice, the magic won one but the celts one again. Can anyone name a team that is going to be able to compete with Boston come playoff time.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 01:47 PM
if healthy, the Heat can beat them imo over a 7 game series. Their lossed to Boston were close, and came early. The Heat if healthy are a totally different team over the last 25 games.
Speaking of health, Boston will need it later this year. You run a risk when you have that age on your roster

Cubs Win
01-18-2011, 01:50 PM
When the Bulls and Celtics are both healthy, we match up well against each other. With that said, the Celtics still would hold an advantage in a 7 game series.

Mishmin
01-18-2011, 02:11 PM
It's tough to say. All depends on injuries, but I could see Miami putting up a good fight in a 7 game series.

Super.
01-18-2011, 02:30 PM
if healthy, the Heat can beat them imo over a 7 game series. Their lossed to Boston were close, and came early. The Heat if healthy are a totally different team over the last 25 games.
Speaking of health, Boston will need it later this year. You run a risk when you have that age on your roster

If everyone is healthy than the Heat have no way of stopping Boston's bigs.

KG and Bosh can pretty much even each other out, though Bosh is better offensively, the Heat have no one to matchup against Perkins, Shaq, and JO

ZHawk1123
01-18-2011, 02:31 PM
When the Celtics are at 100% they are the best, deepest and most complete team im the league IMO.

beasted86
01-18-2011, 02:33 PM
If everyone is healthy the Heat can, and will beat the Celtics. Bookmark this.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 02:35 PM
If everyone is healthy than the Heat have no way of stopping Boston's bigs.

KG and Bosh can pretty much even each other out, though Bosh is better offensively, the Heat have no one to matchup against Perkins, Shaq, and JO

and the Celtics have no way of stopping the Heat's wings.

ZHawk1123
01-18-2011, 02:36 PM

The Heat and what big men? :eyebrow:

ZHawk1123
01-18-2011, 02:38 PM

That's false. Pierce actually does a really good job on Lebron.

AntiG
01-18-2011, 02:38 PM

Same goes for the Heat though. They're obviously not shutting down Pierce, Allen and Rondo. Both team's defensers will slow each other down, but nowhere close to shut downs.

iggypop123
01-18-2011, 02:39 PM
a healthy bulls team that decides to cut bogans and use a legit sg can beat boston.

beasted86
01-18-2011, 02:40 PM
The Heat and what big men? :eyebrow:

Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem, and whatever guy is in the rotation at C come playoff time. We'll only have an 8 player rotation in the playoffs.

Rivera
01-18-2011, 02:40 PM
my team put up a hell of a fight last night and we will meet the celtics again in the eastern conference finals

the celtics are the best team...i started a thread to try them show them love when everyone was just on a haiting spree

and not much has changed...the celtics will be favorites to come out of the east barring any major injury

Rivera
01-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem, and whatever guy is in the rotation at C come playoff time. We'll only have an 8 player rotation in the playoffs.

isnt haslem hurt for the year??

bosh is gonna b on KG and KG always ***** on bosh...same for shaq i dont know why but shaq usually has big games vs a chris bosh team

i dont think you have enough QUALITY depth at the big positions to mess with boston

ZHawk1123
01-18-2011, 02:44 PM

That's really intimidating... Thank you for making my point for me.

Bosh, Haslem and "whatever guy is in the rotation". (none of which play a lick of defense)
vs.
KG, Perk, Shaq, Glen Davis, Jermaine O'Neal and Semih Erden.

beasted86
01-18-2011, 02:46 PM

He will be back in late March.

A rusty 75% healthy U.D. is 100% better than Juwan Howard. That will be all we need from U.D. to equalize our lack of PF/C depth.

beasted86
01-18-2011, 02:47 PM
That's really intimidating... Thank you for making my point for me.

Bosh, Haslem and "whatever guy is in the rotation". (none of which play a lick of defense)
vs.
KG, Perk, Shaq, Glen Davis, Jermaine O'Neal and Semih Erden.

Good luck in imaginary land where all of those guys are playing in a playoff rotation.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 02:47 PM
That's false. Pierce actually does a really good job on Lebron.

as good as anyone can, but LeBron still wins that matchup every time individually. And Wade wins over Allen. And Rondo's production is so up and down, you can speculate all you want what you may get out of him, but you won't know until the series is being played.

AntiG
01-18-2011, 02:48 PM

bosh is gonna b on KG and KG always ***** on bosh...same for shaq i dont know why but shaq usually has big games vs a chris bosh team

i dont think you have enough QUALITY depth at the big positions to mess with boston

Shaq in particular will have a field day against that weak Miami frontcourt.

Hustlenomics
01-18-2011, 02:49 PM
if you want to think logically then the answer is hell no

jtsunami
01-18-2011, 02:49 PM

No.

Celtics are the top team and will continue to be favored until they get beat. Heat and Magic are contenders. Bulls are a SG away from being in the convo.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 02:53 PM
my team put up a hell of a fight last night and we will meet the celtics again in the eastern conference finals

the celtics are the best team...i started a thread to try them show them love when everyone was just on a haiting spree

and not much has changed...the celtics will be favorites to come out of the east barring any major injury

they should be. They have been the best team for 3 years out east really. Until they are knocked off their perch, they will be viewed as the #1 team to beat out east.

It doesn't mean the Heat can't beat them however. The Heat are a much more efficient offensive team, and both squads are top 5 defenses.

its not as simple as saying, "the Celtics have better bigs". That isn't how it works. It is team style of play, and the Heat force you into their style. Bosh is very efficient offensively, and if the Heat can rebound, there is no real tilt the ship advantage up front for the Celtics besides the ability to provide more fouls with their depth of role players.
In the backcourt, typically both LeBron and Wade have played well against the Celtics. Rondo's series can also be dependant on his teammates series many times. He won't be going off for 29/18/10 against the Heat's defense. They will force him to be a jump shooter more than any other team in the east can do, because they have the two best safties in the game roaming.

If both teams are healthy, it will be a great series. But a motivated Bron and Wade are very, very scary, and everyone here should know that at this point of their careers.

ZHawk1123
as good as anyone can, but LeBron still wins that matchup every time individually. And Wade wins over Allen. And Rondo's production is so up and down, you can speculate all you want what you may get out of him, but you won't know until the series is being played.

Have you seen Wade and Lebron play against the Celtics D? Ever?

It isn't about individual matchups dude... It's about team defense... Do me a favor and check out Lebron and Wades shooting percentages against the Celtics.

Hawkeye15
if you want to think logically then the answer is hell no

then why play the games? So the Celtics are unbeatable? no team in unbeatable.

chicago lulz
if you want to think logically, then the answer is hell yeah

pebloemer
01-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Heat and Orlando could beat the Celtics IMO.

That doesn't mean they are favourites, but you can't discount any team with LeBron, Wade and Bosh just because you beat them twice early in the season when they were figuring things out.

Orlando could put up a series too. Although I think they need some depth behind Howard at Center to go the distance with the Celtics.

We haven't really seen healthy Bulls team yet, but you can't count them out either.

ZHawk1123
01-18-2011, 02:55 PM
they should be. They have been the best team for 3 years out east really. Until they are knocked off their perch, they will be viewed as the #1 team to beat out east.

It doesn't mean the Heat can't beat them however. The Heat are a much more efficient offensive team, and both squads are top 5 defenses.

its not as simple as saying, "the Celtics have better bigs". That isn't how it works. It is team style of play, and the Heat force you into their style. Bosh is very efficient offensively, and if the Heat can rebound, there is no real tilt the ship advantage up front for the Celtics besides the ability to provide more fouls with their depth of role players.
In the backcourt, typically both LeBron and Wade have played well against the Celtics. Rondo's series can also be dependant on his teammates series many times. He won't be going off for 29/18/10 against the Heat's defense. They will force him to be a jump shooter more than any other team in the east can do, because they have the two best safties in the game roaming.

If both teams are healthy, it will be a great series. But a motivated Bron and Wade are very, very scary, and everyone here should know that at this point of their careers.

I've been scared of a "motivated" Lebron before... I wouldn't put too much stock into that.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Have you seen Wade and Lebron play against the Celtics D? Ever?

It isn't about individual matchups dude... It's about team defense... Do me a favor and check out Lebron and Wades shooting percentages against the Celtics.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jamesle01&p2=piercpa01

LeBron doesn't have too much issue with the Celtics.

Didn't Wade just go off for 33/7/6 on torrid percentages just last playoffs against the Celtics?

And Miami's team defense is just as efficient as the Celtics this season. What is your point?

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 03:00 PM
I've been scared of a "motivated" Lebron before... I wouldn't put too much stock into that.

unfortunately this time around your team's defensive focus on option 2 won't be Mo Williams.

Rivera
01-18-2011, 03:04 PM

im sorry hawkeye i have to call u out on this....because u know as much as anyone....individual matchups arent important...especially when it comes to the C's

the C's defensive scheme will pack the paint and not allow either lebron or wade to penitrate...eventually wade n LBJ will get theirs because there THAT good...but the Cs will do the best anyone can do at not allowing LBJ and wade to score...

The C's will not double either player....there too stuborn...the only time LBJ or wade gets doubles is when they drive and KG or perk or shaq (a big) comes around and rotates to guard the paint

thats the heats problem when they play the Cs...the C;s will stay on the miami heat shooters...they will sag off wade and lebron until they start hitting that jumper consistently...cause IMO they are streaky shooters....both of them

and mind you the C;s will beat up the heat on the glass...the heat will have to gang rebound in order to have any chance when it comes to the battle on the boards...and more people that stay in for the rebound the less wade and LBJ goes on fast breaks

i just dont see the heat beating the C;s THIS year in the playoffs unless if wade n LBJ get 30 points a piece in 4 out of 7 games...is that impossible no...but i think its unlikely

also rondo is probably the most consistent player on the C;s....rondo will run circles around arroyo on the court and find easy baskets for pierce/kg and others

Hustlenomics
01-18-2011, 03:04 PM
then why play the games? So the Celtics are unbeatable? no team in unbeatable.

you can't just end the league because one team is too good , the lakers will give the Celtics a fight because of the rivalry and everyone will play their hardest

kinnikuman24
01-18-2011, 03:08 PM
orlando boston and the heat can all easily come out of the east there is no obvious better team. like always health and home court will determine who plays the lakers.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 03:23 PM
im sorry hawkeye i have to call u out on this....because u know as much as anyone....individual matchups arent important...especially when it comes to the C's

Individual matchups are always important in the game of basketball. I have no idea how you would think otherwise.

the C's defensive scheme will pack the paint and not allow either lebron or wade to penitrate...eventually wade n LBJ will get theirs because there THAT good...but the Cs will do the best anyone can do at not allowing LBJ and wade to score...

Everyone has been packing the paint on Wade and LeBron their whole career. They are still the two best players in the NBA, and one of them has a ring to show for it already.

The C's will not double either player....there too stuborn...the only time LBJ or wade gets doubles is when they drive and KG or perk or shaq (a big) comes around and rotates to guard the paint

If they don't double on penetration, they are dead. And you will have to forgive me for not being scared of Perk or Shaq if I am LJ/Wade. As for KG, if he comes and helps, Bosh is money from 17 feet and moves well without the ball. If there is any advantage the Heat's bigs hold, its range, and they happen to have the best penetrators on the wings in the NBA.

thats the heats problem when they play the Cs...the C;s will stay on the miami heat shooters...they will sag off wade and lebron until they start hitting that jumper consistently...cause IMO they are streaky shooters....both of them

Again, LeBron with nothing, and Wade with nothing, were able to push the C's, and perform no matter the amount of attention they got. Now they actaully have talent around them, individually. And the Celtics are another year older, with a very delicate balance up front as far as age and injury

and mind you the C;s will beat up the heat on the glass...the heat will have to gang rebound in order to have any chance when it comes to the battle on the boards...and more people that stay in for the rebound the less wade and LBJ goes on fast breaks

The Heat don't have to win the rebounding battle, they need to make sure and keep within range. Their wings are great rebounders, so expect contributions from all positions outside PG.

i just dont see the heat beating the C;s THIS year in the playoffs unless if wade n LBJ get 30 points a piece in 4 out of 7 games...is that impossible no...but i think its unlikely

I have no problem with this statement. But the OP wanted to know if anyone could challenge the Celtics, and possibly beat them. So I responded.

also rondo is probably the most consistent player on the C;s....rondo will run circles around arroyo on the court and find easy baskets for pierce/kg and others

read my previous post. There isn't a bigger wild card, game by game, than Rondo on that team (as far as its strong players). Wade and LeBron are great safties, and Rondo tends to throw a lot of passes he shouldn't, so expect a high amount of steals from the Heat in that series. They don't stay at home, and have a top defense just like the Celtics. If they both play on their current trends and efficiencies, the Heat are going to be too much for Boston to handle.

And can anyone really believe the Celtics front lineup with be 100% healthy, or even fully intact? They have way too many games on all those knees, and some of you seriously overrate the talent level of their bigs.

Rivera
01-18-2011, 03:26 PM
read my previous post. There isn't a bigger wild card, game by game, than Rondo on that team (as far as its strong players). Wade and LeBron are great safties, and Rondo tends to throw a lot of passes he shouldn't, so expect a high amount of steals from the Heat in that series. They don't stay at home, and have a top defense just like the Celtics. If they both play on their current trends and efficiencies, the Heat are going to be too much for Boston to handle.

And can anyone really believe the Celtics front lineup with be 100% healthy, or even fully intact? They have way too many games on all those knees, and some of you seriously overrate the talent level of their bigs.

offensevley...people may overrate bostons bigs

but i dont think its stated enough....how important and good those bigs are on defense

Hustlenomics
01-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Rondo will go to work on Arroyo just like he torched Miami and Cleveland last playoffs

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 03:33 PM
offensevley...people may overrate bostons bigs

but i dont think its stated enough....how important and good those bigs are on defense

you are entitled to your opinion. And as I said, the OP basically created a thread daring someone to say there is a challenger to the Celtics, when OF COURSE there will be challengers.
The Heat have some weaknesses. As does every team. But the Heat have arguably the top two players in the NBA, and the best 3rd option I can think of. LeBron was able to push the Celtics with no help, and Wade could not be stopped either. How is it that far fetched to think when you put those three together, it doesn't really matter what else is there, as long as they don't fall over and die in the middle of the game, giving Boston a 5-4 advantage.

Rivera
01-18-2011, 03:56 PM
you are entitled to your opinion. And as I said, the OP basically created a thread daring someone to say there is a challenger to the Celtics, when OF COURSE there will be challengers.
The Heat have some weaknesses. As does every team. But the Heat have arguably the top two players in the NBA, and the best 3rd option I can think of. LeBron was able to push the Celtics with no help, and Wade could not be stopped either. How is it that far fetched to think when you put those three together, it doesn't really matter what else is there, as long as they don't fall over and die in the middle of the game, giving Boston a 5-4 advantage.

yes i agree...there are challangers to the celtics...realistically i think there are 2 challangers in the east(orlando and miami)...and a 3rd is emerging (chicago)

lebron and wade are freaks of nature...they are gonna get theres versus anyone...bosh will most likey get his 18 ppg and 8 boards....but the whole key to miami beating boston is the glass and the role players...superstars win games...role players coming up in big moments can win championships (see horry/fisher/pj brown/posey/artest)

i just dont see carlos arroyo or mario chalmers hitting a big 3 to put the heat ahead late in the game...im sorry...james jones mike miller...maybe...but that is what is gonna kill the heat...is the role players...cause lets be honest...miamis PG and center positions are awful...and those are 2 strength of the celtics...rondo will exploit any pg miami puts infront of him...

to be dead serious and now that im thinking about a heat vs celtics match

in order for the heat to have any chance...james jones or miller needs to be in the game instead of any of there pgs...cause this will allow wade or LBJ to guard rondo and still not loose much as they would if mario or carlos arroyo were to guard either pierce or allen

like i stated before....in order for miami to beat boston in a 7 game series...i believe LBJ and wade need 30+ points a night...bosh needs 18+....u need this happening 4 out of 7 games....is it possible...yes...but i just dont see this happening

DodgerBlue22
01-18-2011, 04:03 PM
If Boston is healthy noone is beating them this year period. They are too deep, too in sync with one another and very well coached. Next year with Miami it may be a different story I'd give them one year together in the playoffs though. I'm still iffy on what happens if that last shot comes up who takes it Wade or LBJ?? It's all fine and dandy now in the regular season, but come playoff time these guys are big time competitors when the coach says Wade you have it don't expect LBJ to be all peaches and cream just not realistic at this stage of their careers. And please stop throwing the Bulls in this equation they will be lucky to get out of the first round if they get stuck with the Hawks or Knicks..

shep33
01-18-2011, 04:05 PM
I think the Celts are the best team out east, however, it won't be a cake-walk against teams like Orlando and Chicago. Both those teams can push that series to 7 IMO...

People can't discount the Heat either, they are a serious threat to win it all this year... they lost 2 close ones to Boston, however, I think Boston's bigs and Rondo will be too much to handle. But man, that would be a heck of a series/

So yes, Boston is the best team in the league at the moment, and like I said before, they are my pick to make it to the Finals...

The team that matches up best with Boston still remains the Lakers though... I mean its like these two teams were designed to try and beat one another.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 04:06 PM
everyone realizes the Boston wins versus the Heat came very early, when the Heat were still getting used to each other, correct?
They still have a couple more meetings. We will get a better gauge of how the Heat and Celtics matchup after those two meetings.

shep33
01-18-2011, 04:07 PM
The thing with the Heat is that Bosh has to average 20 ppg in that series for them to win. He is the key IMO, he has to outplay Boston's bigs, which is gonna be really really tough.

Hustlenomics
01-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Chicago hasn't made it out the first round in years and they're suppose to pose a threat to Boston? it's ok to say Magic or Heat but any other team in the East is just pushing it

EDIT: and the Celtics were blowin the heat out both matchups its just that the bench got in the game and the heat chipped away at the lead

myoo2182
01-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Is there a team in the East that can beat Boston? I mean they lost to a couple teams that beat them but i don't see a team that says we are a serious threat to you guys we are going to beat you in the playoffs in the EC (Not the finals Lakers fans). The Heat has lost to them twice, the magic won one but the celts one again. Can anyone name a team that is going to be able to compete with Boston come playoff time.

I am far from a Boston fan, but I respect that team. I don't think there is any team in the East that could take a HEALTHY Boston team in a 7 game series. They have the talent, teamwork, and will to win combination. I'd love to see a Lakers / Celtics finals rematch with everyone healthy. I think it'd be an amazing series.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Chicago hasn't made it out the first round in years and they're suppose to pose a threat to Boston? it's ok to say Magic or Heat but any other team in the East is just pushing it

short of Chicago just exploding, I agree with you. I think there are two teams right now that can threaten Boston out east. Bout it. The biggest thing that can stop Boston is injuries obviously. The Magic and Heat will have to perform nearly flawlessly to beat them if the C's are healthy

shep33
01-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Honestly, I still think the Bulls give them trouble, but not enough offense to beat them though. Boozer has to come up big for them to have a chance, but it's just gonna be hard to do so.

TheWatcher34
01-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Boston leads the NBA in points in the paint. they are also among the NBA elite in points in the paint allowed.

speaking of Miami.... Lebron gets to the basket at will, Wade is also a great finisher...but they have NO post up play/threat, so playing inside out is not an option (for three point shooting). Miami will have to rely on jump shots in order to win. they are capable of it...they are hard to stop when they run hot. but in a 7 game series they also will have one or the other game where they are struggling from the field. that gives Boston an edge.

Boston is LAST in the league in rebounding (offensively they can't get many cus of their excellent fg% :)) , however opponents have been getting too many offensive boards against them (i dont know if it's cus of a lack of hustle with the old bodies..or what?!?) . it might change when Perk comes back, but protecting the glass will be crucial in the playoffs in close games. i can see Haslem sneaking in on a put back to give Miami a one point lead with 14 seconds to play, tho.

myoo2182
01-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Honestly, I still think the Bulls give them trouble, but not enough offense to beat them though. Boozer has to come up big for them to have a chance, but it's just gonna be hard to do so.

I think the Bulls definitely give them some trouble, as well as Miami. I just don't think either can ultimately beat them. Boston, when they play together, and play Celtics defense are extremely tough to beat in a 7 game series.. whether its a team from the East or West playing them. I hope that the teams in the playoffs this year come into it with healthy players so we can really see some great matchups.

myoo2182
01-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Boston leads the NBA in points in the paint. they are also among the NBA elite in points in the paint allowed.

speaking of Miami.... Lebron gets to the basket at will, Wade is also a great finisher...but they have NO post up play/threat, so playing inside out is not an option (for three point shooting). Miami will have to rely on jump shots in order to win. they are capable of it...they are hard to stop when they run hot. but in a 7 game series they also will have one or the other game where they are struggling from the field. that gives Boston an edge.

Boston is LAST in the league in rebounding (offensively they can't get many cus of their excellent fg% :)) , however opponents have been getting too many offensive boards against them. it might change when perk comes back, but protecting the glass will be crucial in the playoffs in close games. i can see Haslem sneaking in on a put back to give Miami a one point lead with 14 seconds to play, tho.

Good point on the rebounding. Just last year, Kobe grabbing all those boards in game 7 against Boston should not have happened. I think Perkins will make a difference though with his physicality.

epumpers21
01-18-2011, 04:32 PM
There's no way the Heat can beat Boston in a 7 game series. Wade will be worn out chasing Ray Allen around(who btw scorched the Heat in both games this year) Pierce always plays good against Lebron even tho Lebron is supposed to be the better player. Rondo will be able to get to the paint and make plays easily with arroyo on him. Sure Lebron and Dwade are two of the top players in the league but I dont see both of them going off on the celtics its either one or the other. Also the celtics bigs and their bench are far superior than Miami's. I know the final scores have been close in the first two game but if you actually watched those entire games it wasn't as close as the score suggested. People talk about how it was early when the celtics beat the Heat and how they were not used to each other which is true, and which also will be an advantage for the celtics come playoff time. The heat will be much better next year i just dont think they are ready to make a serious run in the playoffs especially with the weak bench they have

Corey
01-18-2011, 04:34 PM
I think the Bulls, Magic, Heat and Hawks could all beat Boston in a playoff series.

I think Miami is the only team that could do it without HCA, though.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 04:37 PM
There's no way the Heat can beat Boston in a 7 game series. Wade will be worn out chasing Ray Allen around(who btw scorched the Heat in both games this year) Pierce always plays good against Lebron even tho Lebron is supposed to be the better player. Rondo will be able to get to the paint and make plays easily with arroyo on him. Sure Lebron and Dwade are two of the top players in the league but I dont see both of them going off on the celtics its either one or the other. Also the celtics bigs and their bench are far superior than Miami's. I know the final scores have been close in the first two game but if you actually watched those entire games it wasn't as close as the score suggested. People talk about how it was early when the celtics beat the Heat and how they were not used to each other which is true, and which also will be an advantage for the celtics come playoff time. The heat will be much better next year i just dont think they are ready to make a serious run in the playoffs especially with the weak bench they have

what was he doing last year when he went off for 33/7/6 on ridiculous percentages?

And I love you some of you are making a big deal out of 2 regular season games played way early in the year, when Miami was feeling each other out and Boston was a well oiled machine that had been together in principal for years.

They have 2 more to play. And Miami is a much different team than they were back when the C's beat them in those two games.

And to say there is no way is living in absolutes, which gets you in trouble on this site

WizFan3
01-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Knicks

CHANGO
01-18-2011, 04:44 PM
I am a Heat fan, and I think the best team is Boston. Still, you never know what to expect when you have Lebron, Wade and Bosh in the same court. It comes down to defense and rebound, of course, the Celtics have an advantage with their big men. But you can never predict anything, the Celtics and the Spurs are the team that scared me, and his basketball is so organized, it is difficult to defend. They are not invincible, but I think the only ones who would have a chance are the Heat and Magic (Howard should be careful with personal fouls).

ElMarroAfamado
01-18-2011, 05:05 PM
I know one team who CANT beat them. The Heat.

epumpers21
01-18-2011, 05:05 PM
what was he doing last year when he went off for 33/7/6 on ridiculous percentages?

And I love you some of you are making a big deal out of 2 regular season games played way early in the year, when Miami was feeling each other out and Boston was a well oiled machine that had been together in principal for years.

They have 2 more to play. And Miami is a much different team than they were back when the C's beat them in those two games.

And to say there is no way is living in absolutes, which gets you in trouble on this site

First of all that was LAST YEAR. Wade has Lebron and Bosh now he wont be able to average those numbers with them and if he does then it only means that LBJ and/or Bosh wont put up big numbers.

This whole "Miami is feeling each other out" thing is getting old. If they are'nt clicking by now they will be in trouble come playoff time. The Celtics have been together since 07-08 and have been a force in the playoffs since. So if the heat are still trying to "figure it out" then i really dont see how they will beat Boston in the playoff.

The celtics are too deep for Miami point blank

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 05:12 PM
First of all that was LAST YEAR. Wade has Lebron and Bosh now he wont be able to average those numbers with them and if he does then it only means that LBJ and/or Bosh wont put up big numbers.

This whole "Miami is feeling each other out" thing is getting old. If they are'nt clicking by now they will be in trouble come playoff time. The Celtics have been together since 07-08 and have been a force in the playoffs since. So if the heat are still trying to "figure it out" then i really dont see how they will beat Boston in the playoff.

The celtics are too deep for Miami point blank

um, they are clicking just fine now. have been for 45 days. Of course with LeBron down they have been hurting temporarily, but they won 22/23 games and dominated. I think they will be just fine.

And again, posting in absolutes makes you look very defiant, and nobody will take what you say seriously if you leave nothing for open discussion.

yankkiller
01-18-2011, 05:24 PM
ok all u guys that say that yes the heat can beat the celtics r crazy don't forget jermaine o'neal has been out for a while, and kendrick perkins should be back in a month, to help out down low. so teams like the magic come playoff time will be easy wins for the celtics because we would be able to shut down howard, the bulls even with boozer still can't run with the celtics, the knicks if they can get melo might have a shot, and as far as the heat go all they have is bosh down low, and with the celtics bigs there will be no easy points it will be alot of outside shooting

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 05:32 PM
ok all u guys that say that yes the heat can beat the celtics r crazy don't forget jermaine o'neal has been out for a while, and kendrick perkins should be back in a month, to help out down low. so teams like the magic come playoff time will be easy wins for the celtics because we would be able to shut down howard, the bulls even with boozer still can't run with the celtics, the knicks if they can get melo might have a shot, and as far as the heat go all they have is bosh down low, and with the celtics bigs there will be no easy points it will be alot of outside shooting

didn't Jermaine O'Neal have the worst playoff series imaginable last year?

Yeah. he is a real difference maker.

Perk is a defender who will be defending a team that doesn't utilize who he is guarding. Not the biggest factor in that series either.

Again, nobody is saying the Heat WILL beat the Celtics. But some of you are being ridiculous if you think the Heat, and a couple other teams can't win a 7 game series against the C's in any given series.

Jonathan2323
01-18-2011, 05:32 PM

Agreed

That 1st round series last year vs the Celtics was closer than people think and we only had Wade.

Shaq is the only big that worries me a little. Z and Dampier can contain him though.

jtsunami
01-18-2011, 05:40 PM
didn't Jermaine O'Neal have the worst playoff series imaginable last year?

Yeah. he is a real difference maker.

Perk is a defender who will be defending a team that doesn't utilize who he is guarding. Not the biggest factor in that series either.

Again, nobody is saying the Heat WILL beat the Celtics. But some of you are being ridiculous if you think the Heat, and a couple other teams can't win a 7 game series against the C's in any given series.

Since when did you become this giant Heat homer? Most of your points are valid, but you aren't defending any other teams?

You are being quite biased if you think the C's early season wins didn't mean anything. The Celtics exposed the Heat with guard play and physical post play. Nothing has changed. If Lebron and Wade goes nuts in the same game, no one will beat them. Like I said, nothing has changed. There early season schedule was hard. The past month and a half has been easy. Now another hard part of the schedule is coming.

We will see how hot/good the Heat are in 2 weeks.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Since when did you become this giant Heat homer? Most of your points are valid, but you aren't defending any other teams?

You are being quite biased if you think the C's early season wins didn't mean anything. The Celtics exposed the Heat with guard play and physical post play. Nothing has changed. If Lebron and Wade goes nuts in the same game, no one will beat them. Like I said, nothing has changed. There early season schedule was hard. The past month and a half has been easy. Now another hard part of the schedule is coming.

We will see how hot/good the Heat are in 2 weeks.

oh absolutely never.

And no, I was replied to regarding the Heat, so I have spoken only of them. The Magic and Bulls (if they play above themselves, which happens sometimes) can aslo beat the C's.

I didn't say those early season wins didn't mean anything. But there isn't a rational person alive who knows a thing about basketball that can tell me the Heat are the same team over the past 50 days that they were the first 17 games of the season.

Tony_Starks
01-18-2011, 06:20 PM

If both teams are competely healthy I'd honestly take Boston. Boston knows who they are, the Heat are still trying to work it out. Also Boston's halfcourt offense is superior to the Heat. Also their bigs(plural) are superior. If its a run and gun trackmeet, advantage Miami but in the playoffs when things grind to a hault Boston is still the team to beat in the east IMO.

Hawkeye15
01-18-2011, 06:43 PM
If both teams are competely healthy I'd honestly take Boston. Boston knows who they are, the Heat are still trying to work it out. Also Boston's halfcourt offense is superior to the Heat. Also their bigs(plural) are superior. If its a run and gun trackmeet, advantage Miami but in the playoffs when things grind to a hault Boston is still the team to beat in the east IMO.

I can live with this.

C-Style
01-18-2011, 10:08 PM
As big as Boston's frontcourt is- they are a terrible rebounding team

nickdymez
01-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Magic are about the only team right now that can beat the Celtics in a 7 game series...

HoopsDrive
01-18-2011, 10:19 PM

Nice!

Anyway, I see a COMPLETELY healthy Heat and Magic team putting up a challenge in the East. As for the West, Spurs and Lakers.

blueplanet
01-20-2011, 01:07 AM
I know one team who CANT beat them. The Heat.

Get over with it already. What team do you support anyway? Do they have a chance to make playoffs? Whenever I see your post it always contain BS about Heat.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-20-2011, 10:44 AM
come playoff time its not about individual matchups.

its comes down to health, experience and chemsitry.

and i cannot wait for the next time the C's meet the Heat!!!

corky831
01-20-2011, 12:05 PM
bosh aint even that good....its rlly wade, bron bron and company .....the celtics will poo fecal matter all over their opponents in the east this yr if they are healthy.....and if perk comes back strong.....good luck