PDA

View Full Version : Melo has 2 teams he wants to sign the extension with: Nuggets or Knicks

LTBaByyy
01-18-2011, 12:21 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14559958/if-melo-doesnt-want-nets-he-should-put-stop-to-trade-talks

Interesting....

goblazers7
01-18-2011, 12:26 PM
K im done with this the rumors are out of hand now.

Jetsguy
01-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Is Carmello Anthony on the Block? I didnt realize he wanted out of Denver!

TopsyTurvy
01-18-2011, 12:30 PM
If only...

sep11ie
No, not interesting at all. Interesting is something new and unusual or something that strikes someone's interests. Not a rerun thread being brought up OVER AND OVER again on the NBA forum.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
:yawn:

bovice163
:facepalm:

FNM BOY
01-18-2011, 12:39 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:This is hillarious!!! LOL :D

CostanzaNumba0
01-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Get it done donnie!

Lo Porto
01-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Note to Denver: just trade Melo to NY for Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry and a future 1st. By doing that, you save a ton of money, get some good young pieces and spare us the misery of watching you get controlled by a player that could just leave you in a few months for nothing. DON'T BE CLEVELAND!

Crackadalic
01-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Nets offer is the best on paper but he doesnt want to go there point blank. Just trade the guy to the knicks and call it a day. Even im getting sick of all the melo talk

hgtiger32
01-18-2011, 12:54 PM
if he wants to resign with nuggets or knicks why hasn't he signed the extension with the Nuggets?

But if Im Nuggets I make that trade, that the poster above said for Chandler, Randolph, etc, etc...

The Nuggets have a really good team now, but this whole mess is clearly a distraction and making everything akward on the court

Lo Porto
01-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Denver doesn't have to rebuild. Billups is still great, Lawson & Afflalo are promising young players, JR Smith might shine if he didn't have to feed Melo as much, Harrington is still decent, and they have a couple solid bigs in Nene & Birdman.

If Denver can get a couple of players between Chandler, Gallinari, Fields, Douglas, and Randolph, they could be fine. And don't forget Denver would get Eddy Curry's $12 million expiring. If Houston can get all that talent and picks for TMac's expiring last year, I'm sure Denver can get something for Eddy's.

Avenged
01-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Theres a new thread on Melo wanting NY every day. Not really news anymore.

lvlheaded
01-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Wow. Who would have thought? Denver is being ridiculous

RDBK514
01-18-2011, 01:21 PM
I think he's just saying this so that Denver can have some hope that he will sign the extension, then bolt at the end of the year. It's clear that he wants to go to NY and Denver doesn't want to do business with them. This may be the only way to get there.

avrpatsfan
01-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Melo just turned down 65/3 years from the Nuggets. Most of this is pure speculation.

BGeer091
01-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Knicks fan here. I like Melo, and if we get him i'll obviously be pumped. However I just dont want to give up Chandler, Gallo, Fields, or Randolph. We need a center, and back up pg.

smith&wesson
01-18-2011, 01:30 PM
melo will be traded to the knicks by deadline. eddy currys expiring contract will def be included, randolph as well, and denver will take there pick between gallo, fields and chandler.. not all three but just one.

you heard it here first,

make a thread about it!

Crackadalic
01-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Carmelo Anthony spoke to Sports Illustrated recently for a piece that's set to be in this week's issue. And guess what Carmelo was asked about. Not his favorite winter accessory items, which is a shame because I really want to know.

Anthony said he talks to Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James. But Melo isn't letting their ways of doing things influence him, most specifically LeBron. Melo said, "I would never go about it the way LeBron did it. If he could do it all over again, he wouldn't do it that way-he would do it a totally different way, I can guarantee you that."

The most interesting part to me though, is what LeBron reportedly said to Carmelo at his wedding. A lot was made about Chris Paul's toast where he talked about coming to New York to form a big three with Melo and Amar'e Stoudemire, but there was another interesting thing said.

What has gone unreported is that the scene was set by James, who on his way into the wedding was jeered by New Yorkers for shunning the Knicks two nights earlier during the live telecast of The Decision. 'If you want any chance against us in Miami,' he joked to Anthony, 'you'd better team up with Stoud in New York.'"

That was most definitely a joke from LeBron, but I'm sure it's stuck in Carmelo's mind. Anthony has talked a lot about how he wants to win a title and is going to go where he feels he has that chance. Denver has been a good team the past five years and by all appearances, will continue to be good. But Carmelo doesn't feel like the Nuggets have the weapons to get over the edge. He probably feels like he needs another star next to him. Like Amar'e. So maybe that joke has hung with Melo during this.

Which makes you of course wonder about what New Jersey has to offer. There's no star there waiting to play alongside Carmelo. Just Brook Lopez. So when people say Melo would have to be sold on the Nets' plan, it kind of starts making more and more sense.

Melo reiterated the goals he has for himself again, saying that his main ambition is to win a championship. But interestingly, he has a few other things on his mind. The article says that Melo wants to "presumably improve his Q rating," move closer to home (he was born in Brooklyn and raised in Baltimore) and last but obviously not least, he wants to cash in big time. He was asked if it's important for him to sign the three-year $65 million extension before a potential July lockout and Anthony said, "That's my goal."

This man has a lot of goals.

Melo said he fully believes that he'll be traded by the Feb. 24 trade deadline. It looked like things were tilting for a deal to be done this week, but again, we might be watching the talk Heat up only to fizzle out. But Feb. 24 is just a little over a month away. Hang in there.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/27126383

Mishmin
01-18-2011, 01:31 PM
melo will be traded to the knicks by deadline. eddy currys expiring contract will def be included, randolph as well, and denver will take there pick between gallo, fields and chandler.. not all three but just one.

you heard it here first,

make a thread about it!

I agree. Denvers really out of options.

Mudvayne91
01-18-2011, 01:32 PM
No, not interesting at all. Interesting is something new and unusual or something that strikes someone's interests. Not a rerun thread being brought up OVER AND OVER again on the NBA forum.

Haha, well played good sir.

Mishmin
01-18-2011, 01:33 PM
watch new york turn down the trade, playin it like.. well melos just gonna sign with us in the summer, **** it.

Hugbees
01-18-2011, 01:39 PM
AKA just the Knicks. After all that's been happening it isn't really hard to read the tea leaves.

Y2JOrdan
01-18-2011, 01:41 PM
extension with the nuggets? :facepalm:

PhillyFaninLA
01-18-2011, 01:42 PM

you heard it here first,

make a thread about it!

For about 9 months or so me and a heck a lot of other people have heard that so no you are far from first but congratulations on getting attention for saying that.

lvlheaded
01-18-2011, 01:44 PM
I dont get it. I know Denver doesnt want Melo to get everything he wants by trading him to the Knicks but grow up. Would you rather him leave at the end of the year for nothing? At this point, all they have done is decrease his value and they are about to force him to admit that he only wants to go to NY which makes the package they are gonna get back even worse since the Knicks will low ball them and say "we will sign him for nothing in FA."

Melo may not be a saint for doing this, but Josh Kroenke is acting like a spoiled brat here. Just trade him to NY and move on :facepalm:

Slimsim
01-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Then Why haven't he sign with the nuggets it's obvious their team is better than ours

H Town Errthang
Denver doesn't have to rebuild. Billups is still great, Lawson & Afflalo are promising young players, JR Smith might shine if he didn't have to feed Melo as much, Harrington is still decent, and they have a couple solid bigs in Nene & Birdman.

If Denver can get a couple of players between Chandler, Gallinari, Fields, Douglas, and Randolph, they could be fine. And don't forget Denver would get Eddy Curry's $12 million expiring. If Houston can get all that talent and picks for TMac's expiring last year, I'm sure Denver can get something for Eddy's.

First off Eddy Currys contract is just a little more than half of what T-Mac's expiring contract was, and the Rockets got so much for T-Mac because Morey is an awesome GM who dominated the other teams in that trade.

metsfanssince05
I'm getting sick of this. I really am, I just want it to be over with already. Like wtf is Denver waiting for..

kblo247
01-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Then Why haven't he sign with the nuggets it's obvious their team is better than ours

Because he has said his chances of winning depend on the healthy of Kenyon Martin and Chris Anderson. He might just be trying to wait and see how healthy those two are or if Denver brings in another big that can play and defend to replace them.

As for the Knicks, they without a doubt have the best player to play with and a PG.

Denver needs to either grow their balls back and trade him like they said they would if he did not extend with them. Either do that or decide to keep him and bring in a piece to put beside him right now with some of those expirings.

Mudvayne91
01-18-2011, 01:55 PM
If Walsh can make a few #1's like he said, this will get done. Everything I hear in Denver in talk radio and local media is that the Nuggets don't want any of what the Knicks have. Maybe they're just trying to be difficult, but if they're not and they truly don't like Gallo, Chandler, and Fields; why would they make that trade? At least if they let him walk at the end of the season, there's $ off the cap and they aren't forced to take on three contracts they don't want.

Like I said though, Nugs want picks and/or cap relief. 2 # 1's and Fields would get it done imo or maybe even a #1, Curry, and Fields.

People were getting butt hurt cause the Nugs were trying their hardest to get Melo to the Nets. However, I think it's just as wrong to force the team to take on 3 players they have little to no interest in.

lvlheaded
01-18-2011, 02:01 PM
If Walsh can make a few #1's like he said, this will get done. Everything I hear in Denver in talk radio and local media is that the Nuggets don't want any of what the Knicks have. Maybe they're just trying to be difficult, but if they're not and they truly don't like Gallo, Chandler, and Fields; why would they make that trade? At least if they let him walk at the end of the season, there's $ off the cap and they aren't forced to take on three contracts they don't want.

Like I said though, Nugs want picks and/or cap relief. 2 # 1's and Fields would get it done imo or maybe even a #1, Curry, and Fields.

People were getting butt hurt cause the Nugs were trying their hardest to get Melo to the Nets. However, I think it's just as wrong to force the team to take on 3 players they have little to no interest in.

I dont see whats not to like about Chandler, the kid has played great this year, he is really blossoming this season and he is only 23. But if Denver doesnt like any of them, not much you can do about it.

Now on to the 1st round picks....

The interesting thing about Walsh's comments on acquiring a 1st rounder is, in essence, by acquiring a 2012 1st rounder, he frees himself up to trade the 2011 and 2013 picks. All he has to do is get a 2012 pick from someone and he can send Denver 2 1sts instead of one. So by acquiring 1 1st rounder for Anthony Randolph he essentially acquires 2 since he gives himself the ability to trade 2 picks he couldnt before getting that 2012 pick

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-18-2011, 02:11 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/27126383

What a douche LeBron is:mad:

A Nut Da 1
01-18-2011, 02:22 PM
watch new york turn down the trade, playin it like.. well melos just gonna sign with us in the summer, **** it.

im not sure why everyone keeps thinking melo is going to sign somewhere else as a free agent because he isn't going to leave all that money on the table not matter what you may think he has already stated he IS going to sign the extension

A Nut Da 1
01-18-2011, 02:26 PM
I agree. Denvers really out of options.

you have teams that are trying to when the championship you don't think anyone would be willing to take a chance and trade for melo on like a rent to own situation for a shot at the title...like for example the clippers...they can put a very nice package together and you think Melo wouldn't want to play with Griffen, Gorden, Davis & Jordan

beasted86
01-18-2011, 02:30 PM
You guys are puppets for hanging onto every rumor as fact.

DoMeFavors
01-18-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm getting sick of this. I really am, I just want it to be over with already. Like wtf is Denver waiting for..

Say you were a GM with Carmelo Anthony a guy that has been the man of the franchise, would you trade him right away or still feel like you should keep him so you can sell out the arena, try to convince him to stay. Because if he leaves its going to turn that entire franchise around. I just dont know why Denver hasnt traded anyone on their roster to impress Melo. They have Kmart and other expirings they can trade for decent players on the block.

Mudvayne91
01-18-2011, 02:32 PM
I dont see whats not to like about Chandler, the kid has played great this year, he is really blossoming this season and he is only 23. But if Denver doesnt like any of them, not much you can do about it.

Now on to the 1st round picks....

The interesting thing about Walsh's comments on acquiring a 1st rounder is, in essence, by acquiring a 2012 1st rounder, he frees himself up to trade the 2011 and 2013 picks. All he has to do is get a 2012 pick from someone and he can send Denver 2 1sts instead of one. So by acquiring 1 1st rounder for Anthony Randolph he essentially acquires 2 since he gives himself the ability to trade 2 picks he couldnt before getting that 2012 pick

Yeah, I'm not too sure either. Just what I've heard.

That's interesting about the pick situation. I assumed Walsh would have to get two separate picks. If all they need is one to get 2, I could see this ending soon. At least I'm hopeful.

newbs001
01-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Great stuff...

Now or never for Carmelo Anthony trade
Coon By Larry Coon

The Carmelo Anthony rumors are back on the front burner this week. However, the sides appear to be locked in the same stalemate, with the New York Knicks being Anthony's preferred destination, while his current team, the Denver Nuggets, would prefer doing business with the New Jersey Nets.

Neither the Nets nor the Knicks have any plans to wait patiently while the Nuggets make up their minds. ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan reports that Knicks GM Donnie Walsh is attempting to trade for at least one first-round draft pick, a prerequisite to any Melo deal. Meanwhile, the Nets have the parameters in place for a blockbuster deal that also includes the Detroit Pistons, and are trying to set up a face-to-face meeting with Anthony to convince him of the virtues of being a Net.

The other 27 teams are most likely out of the picture for now. Few teams will be willing to give up significant assets for the superstar forward without a commitment that he will stick around past June 30. Without a signed extension, any team trading for the superstar forward risks losing him as a free agent this summer.

While Anthony still has not definitively ruled out remaining with Denver long-term, Nuggets executive VP Masai Ujiri nevertheless faces a ticking clock. If he does not work out a suitable deal for the forward by the Feb. 24 trade deadline, Ujiri risks losing his franchise cornerstone to free agency -- without compensation. As fans in Cleveland and Toronto will attest, this isn't an outcome he wants to contemplate.

Some people have speculated that if Ujiri fails to pull off a blockbuster trade by Feb. 24 he will have another chance after the season ends, such as on draft day. But this is highly unlikely, due to quirks of the rules and the structure of Anthony's contract.

Ordinarily a team is free to make trades once its season ends, and can continue to make deals through June 30. But teams are precluded from moving players whose contracts are ending in postseason deals. This also applies to players whose contracts might end by virtue of an option. If there's any chance the player could become a free agent, then he's officially off the postseason trade market.

Ordinarily, the player or team can simply pick up the option in order to make the player tradable -- with the option invoked that the contract would no longer be ending. However, Anthony possesses an early-termination option. With an ETO, the contract doesn't end unless the ETO is invoked.

Why is this important? Because there's no way to not invoke an ETO, other than by running out the clock. The player can either exercise his ETO and become a free agent, or wait for the deadline to pass on June 30. There's no mechanism to officially notify the team and league that he's not going to invoke his ETO.

So after the season players with ETOs are always considered potential free agents, and so can't be traded. The only way to trade such a player after the season is if the team and player mutually amend the player's contract to remove the ETO. The player would then be locked-in through the following season, and at that point a trade is possible.

But there are several disadvantages to the Nuggets in a postseason trade, decreasing the likelihood of such a scenario:

• Ujiri can't take back expiring contracts like he can before the trade deadline. A Melo trade would signal the retooling of the Nuggets franchise, and one of Ujiri's goals in such a trade would be to gain financial flexibility. This is usually achieved by acquiring expiring contracts, which drop off the books at season's end. If Ujiri wants to acquire an expiring contract, then he has to do so before the trade deadline, not after the season.

• Because he can't take back expiring contracts, many trades that would be available at the trade deadline would be illegal after the season. For instance, a deadline trade with the Knicks would likely include the expiring contract of Eddy Curry. Since Curry couldn't be included in a trade after the season, the teams would have to find another combination of players to fulfill the league's salary matching requirements. Curry would need to be replaced in the deal with a combination of players that includes Raymond Felton and either Ronny Turiaf (if he picks up his player option) or Timofey Mozgov.

• An after-the-season trade would not change the Nuggets' luxury tax position. Tax numbers are locked-in at the end of the regular season, and do not change with any subsequent trades. The Nuggets are currently slated to pay about $13.2 million in luxury tax, and would like to leverage a Melo trade to reduce or eliminate their tax burden. This would not be possible if the trade occurred after the season.

• Anthony's ETO can't be eliminated unless both he and the Nuggets agree. This means Ujiri would have to secure Anthony's consent for any postseason trade. The control Anthony currently wields over his own destiny would greatly increase, as he would be empowered with what amounts to a no-trade clause.

Bottom line -- if Anthony isn't traded by the Feb. 24 trade deadline, then it's unlikely that he will be traded before June 30. If Ujiri wants to maintain any control over the situation, then he has to move his superstar before the trade deadline. He can't rely on getting a second chance after the season ends. So an Anthony trade needs to take place by Feb. 24 -- or not at all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...ontract-110118

Weezy
01-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I'm not too sure either. Just what I've heard.

That's interesting about the pick situation. I assumed Walsh would have to get two separate picks. If all they need is one to get 2, I could see this ending soon. At least I'm hopeful.

Well Chandler is a good young piece and all but remember.. he is a RFA. He will demand his money in the off-season if he keeps up this play for the rest of the season. Not sure if Denver's FO is look to give out that kind of money. Still... he is only 23 years old.

posterized
01-18-2011, 04:01 PM
im getting tired of hearing and reading about Anthony! He should just have 1 hour special called "the debacle" and announce what the ******* he's doing. Its becoming clear he doesnt want to go to NJ.

PhillyFaninLA
01-18-2011, 04:24 PM
im getting tired of hearing and reading about Anthony! He should just have 1 hour special called "the debacle" and announce what the ******* he's doing. Its becoming clear he doesnt want to go to NJ.

If your tired of reading about it why click on the link about it on a message board?

dtmagnet
01-18-2011, 05:21 PM
FFS then just sign an extension with Denver ya mook.

MackShock
01-18-2011, 05:25 PM
wow melo..your officially a diva. NOWW you wanna sign with denver lol..

Mudvayne91
01-18-2011, 05:41 PM
wow melo..your officially a diva. NOWW you wanna sign with denver lol..

Probably wants to just save some face here. This way he cushions the blow for us Denver people when he inevitably leaves. That's why you hear crap like he won't go the same rout as LeBron. That to me says right there he intends to leave, but he'll attempt to do it in a polite way, I guess?

It'll probably work too. There's a lot of people in Denver that are happy for Cutler and he left like a little girl. Melo means/meant much more to Denver, I guarantee there will be several people from here cheering for him.

bklynny67
01-18-2011, 05:48 PM
this should be closed. the only people who dont already know he says he will only resign with Knicks or Nuggets are the Nets fans that are still in denial and think he'll resign with them after they trade all there good players (minus the overrated Lopez) and multiple 1st round picks.

jimbobjarree
01-18-2011, 05:51 PM
The only reason he has now mentioned he may sign with Denver is to force the Knicks into trading for him. They are blatantly Melo's prefered choice, and pretty much the only place he wants to be next season. They know that, so they can afford to just watch Melo expire, and sign him for much cheaper in the summer, keeping their assets. Melo mentions Denver as a possibility to make the Knicks think, ok, maybe we need to trade for the guy if he's willing to stay, thus giving him the big money extension he badly wants. Melo doesnt want to be in Denver any longer, and this doesnt change that.

Tony_Starks
01-18-2011, 09:02 PM
I honestly think at the end of the day if Denver could make any moves that puts them into the elite category, he would stay. He seems to me like a little kid that doesn't know what he wants, but he just wants his way. The problem is Denver is so shellshocked by Torronto and Cleveland getting burned that they don't want to take the chance that he walks and look stupid.

If it were me I would be looking for ways to upgrade the team WITH Melo from here to allstar break. If you can't do it then oh well, New Jerseys offer isn't going anywhere. Even if he doesn't sign they'll take him and try to convince him.

fadedmario
01-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Carmelo is a "diva". Good luck with a player like that. NJ should keep Favors

Anilyzer
01-18-2011, 09:25 PM
yeah, last week when the news reports started pouring in that a 15 player mega-deal was "imminent" it really looked like Carmelo was going to cave and sign with New Jersey--marry the stepsister or whatever. But there was still the question, of whether Carmelo would nix that deal, whether he had or would approve an extension.

I think by now, and more and more everyday, it becomes crystal clear that Carmelo will NOT sign an extension in New Jersey; that he is very committed and strong in his thinking, and can't be tricked, pressured, bamboozled or hoodwinked into signing somewhere he doesn't want to go.

The article writer gets most of it right, except that it is only the Nuggets who can make it stop.

Meanwhile all the free publicity for Carmelo is worth money. It's liek they're running commercials all day on ESPN --- "where will you be when Melo happens?" or something.

and if the lockout hits or the new deal is really bad--hey, he can go play overseas for $25M a year or something if he wants, and lead the USA to gold in the 2014 Olympics.... it just doesn't matter. If the owners want to self-destruct because they think athletes with free agent powers are arrogant and selfish, then hey, let them...

THE GIPPER
01-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Carmelo is a "diva". Good luck with a player like that. NJ should keep Favors

Do you just go from thread to thread slamming carmelo anthony??