PDA

View Full Version : Brighter Future: 76ers or Pacers?

Swashcuff
01-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Which of these two franchises do you guys think will be better going forward?

They are currently the 7th and 8th seeds in the East but neither has shown the kind of tenacity or grit to make you believe they can do any better than win probably just a game come play-off time.

The 76ers have bright young players like, Thaddeus Young, Jrue Holiday (though he's the youngest player on the team plays like he is the most seasoned), Marresse Speights, Jodie Meeks, Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner (can be the X-Factor in all of this) and a very respectable head coach in Doug Collins who has done (IMO) an exceptional job of running this young team. In all likeliness Andre Iguodala is not going to be a part of the future of this team as he is likely to be traded before his contract is up.

The Pacers have a proven All Star caliber player in Danny Granger young talents in Darren Collison, Roy Hibbert, Brandon Rush, Paul George, AJ Price, Lance Stephenson (may never get to play a game for them) and Tyler Hansbrough. Their head coach Jim O'brien's days may be numbered but if they do get into the post season this year he could possibly be retained. Danny Granger has also been subject to various trade rumors but is more likely to remain a Pacer than Iggy would remain a 76er.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-18-2011, 11:23 AM
man, when i see this thread, all I can do is think back to 2008 when we had big *** debates on the brightest futures between CHI, PHI, and POR.

Flash3
01-18-2011, 11:31 AM
sixers....

FNM BOY
01-18-2011, 11:31 AM
I really dont know what to say as a Sixer fan....our front office has been completely quiet and seem to be just running a lab test right now...maybe if we trade Iggy (for young talent/first round pick) before the trade deadline I would have some more insight..right now both teams seem to be in the same shoe.

Mr.ATLHawks
01-18-2011, 11:46 AM
At this point I would have to say Pacers....Hibbert is a future big to be reckoned with. Darren Collison is still up and coming but has shown flashes of greatness. Danny Granger is an All Star caliber player. Stephenson can be good if he stops beating women and gets a little more focused he can be the 2 guard the Pacers desperatly need. Rush, Price, and George are ? marks.

Indiana isnt crippled by contracts either which should give them some room to keep adding pieces to build a contender. Tyler Hansborough could end up being a little less talented Kevin Love, which should make a servicable 4 man next to Hibbert. The Sixers have some promise in Turner, Young and Jrue Holiday (Russell Westbrook type potential) but are also crippled by some bad contracts (Brand and Iguodala most noticably). The 76ers shouldnt give up on Iguodala but right now I give the edge to Indiana because it all starts with the big man and Indiana has theirs. Spencer Hawes isnt the answer for the Sixers.

FNM BOY
01-18-2011, 12:05 PM
At this point I would have to say Pacers....Hibbert is a future big to be reckoned with. Darren Collison is still up and coming but has shown flashes of greatness. Danny Granger is an All Star caliber player. Stephenson can be good if he stops beating women and gets a little more focused he can be the 2 guard the Pacers desperatly need. Rush, Price, and George are ? marks.

Indiana isnt crippled by contracts either which should give them some room to keep adding pieces to build a contender. Tyler Hansborough could end up being a little less talented Kevin Love, which should make a servicable 4 man next to Hibbert. The Sixers have some promise in Turner, Young and Jrue Holiday (Russell Westbrook type potential) but are also crippled by some bad contracts (Brand and Iguodala most noticably). The 76ers shouldnt give up on Iguodala but right now I give the edge to Indiana because it all starts with the big man and Indiana has theirs. Spencer Hawes isnt the answer for the Sixers.

Very fair assessment

dnewguy
01-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Neither

latinofire21
01-18-2011, 12:27 PM
I would definitely have to go with the Pacers. I like what they have done in the offseason. Acquiring Darren Collison will secure that front court and I really like the development of HIbbert. In a league with very few Solid Big Men hes going to be very important to this franchises development over the next couple of years. The good thing with the Pacers right now is that I think Granger can still be a key piece to their rebuilding future where as Igoudala and Brand need to go if the sixers are going to get better.

The Sixers have a load of potential but I think they are at a cross roads right now. They dont want to stink but at the same time they have to pick development or success right now. This should be an easy assesment given the new landscape of the eastern conference but they are still holding onto staying competitive. In my opinion Igoudala and Brand should have been moved last season and allow the new crew to create roles and escalate their development already.

FNM BOY
01-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Neither

Loving ya sig bro LOL..ALL THE TIME!!..Thats a pie!! :D

topdog
01-18-2011, 12:55 PM
INDY - in all caps

Philly has a bunch of athletic wings and then an unathletic, poor-shooting ball-centric SG named Evan Turner who cannot play his game next to a real PG like Holliday. Oh and Elton Brand.

Indiana has a franchise center, a franchise player, a good PG and a couple of high potential rookies (although Stephenson can get pushed down some stairs himself and that would be fine with me). If they turn their pick into Anthony Randolph, they will be set up to have a starting line-up that covers all bases and has a really high ceiling.

sep11ie
01-18-2011, 01:10 PM
I remember when I thought the Rockets had a bright future. Now I'm sad.

sep11ie
01-18-2011, 01:11 PM
INDY - in all caps
Philly has a bunch of athletic wings and then an unathletic, poor-shooting ball-centric SG named Evan Turner who cannot play his game next to a real PG like Holliday. Oh and Elton Brand.

Indiana has a franchise center, a franchise player, a good PG and a couple of high potential rookies (although Stephenson can get pushed down some stairs himself and that would be fine with me). If they turn their pick into Anthony Randolph, they will be set up to have a starting line-up that covers all bases and has a really high ceiling.

What gave that away?

Swashcuff
01-18-2011, 01:18 PM

Can't say I disagree with anything you said here. Good Post!

Mr.ATLHawks
01-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Can't say I disagree with anything you said here. Good Post!

Thanks!

DeyAce
01-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Pacers for sure cause Evan Turner sucks

nygiants242
01-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Pacers for sure cause Evan Turner sucks

:laugh: