PDA

View Full Version : Is Blake Griffin the anti-Rasheed Wallace?

DitchDat
01-18-2011, 06:51 AM
This guy is just so talented and competitive, and he makes everyone around him (most notably, a since long unmotivated Baron Davis) more fiesty and edgy. Is he that rare type of player that just leads by example and picks up everybody's spirit? It's still the Clippers, but I think he is the kind of player that can turn around the culture.

Thoughts? What other players have had this effect? Maybe KG and Kobe by work ethic? Even tho they both bark at their team mates.

Discuss.

Raidaz4Life
01-18-2011, 07:10 AM
maybe the anti-Adam Morrison?

MackShock
01-18-2011, 07:18 AM
damn..everybody on blakes nuts..i swear..this is like the 10000000th thread ive seen with Blake in the title...WE GET IT hes good!! Yall are jocking hard.

LanceUpperCut
01-18-2011, 08:28 AM
He is pretty ****ing awesome, gotta say I never thought he could score like he does. I never seen him play much, other than highlights and little bits of games that start at 11:30 my time. Does the guy have any range from outside of 10 feet or is it dunks and put backs this guy get.

At the start of the year the heat were the most intriguing team but for me now it's the Clippers cause of Blake.

CityofChaos
01-18-2011, 08:36 AM
GET OFF HIS NUTS PSD!!!

/thread

MackShock
01-18-2011, 08:50 AM
GET OFF HIS NUTS PSD!!!

/thread

This

Crackadalic
01-18-2011, 08:56 AM
I like Blake Griffin but he is no Tim Duncan who put up better numbers his rookie season. He will be a superstar someday but i think were over hyping him a little bit

Crackadalic
01-18-2011, 08:56 AM
I like Blake Griffin but he is no Tim Duncan who put up better numbers his rookie season. He will be a superstar someday but i think were over hyping him a little bit

MackShock
01-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Everyone is noticing there is a new star shining in LA, while the old one is simply fading.

pebloemer
01-18-2011, 09:09 AM
I came in here expecting a comparison to Rasheed Wallace but you don't even mentioned his name outside the title. You can't make an "anti comparison" without mentioning one half of your comparison.

Lakerfan8032
01-18-2011, 09:39 AM
As long as he is not a whiny **** and complaining about everything then he can be I guess. Rasheed also had talent he just didn't maximize it and he could be a bad teammate, but sometimes a good one when properly motivated.

The more I think about it, no, he's not the anti-Rasheed. He's more like the anti-Derek Coleman. But to be fair we have to give Blake a few more years to see a bigger sample piece. The way he plays, with reckless abandon, his career could be affected by multiple injuries.

faze38
01-18-2011, 10:05 AM

What are u talking about Blake is out doing Timmy in every stat except for blocks! Also don't forget Timmy played alongside David Robinson as a rookie who is Blake playing with an old BD! Come on now this is my first post on Blake ever but some of u guys are just haters! The only thing I don't like about Blake is he beat my orangemen a few years ago! I mean Lebron gets more attention the Blake and now since some one else is getting some shine people want to say get off his nuts come on now he deserves the attention tell me another rookie that has taken the league by storm like this! He beat the best teams in the league including the defending champion Lakers!

faze38
01-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Sorry forgot to mention the Rasheed part but u didn't make a comparision but I can't say he is th ant-rasheed because Rasheed played hard he just complained all the time. I mean if somebody breathed on the man he would get a tech! He was talented tho and could ball with the best of them when he wasn't jumping down refs throats! Blake is just somebody who doesn't seem to like to talk much he just plays hard and tries to punish the rim. So not an anti-rasheed in game but maybe in attitude!

heatbb
01-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Blake doesn't have only an old BD. He also has Gordon and DeAndre Jordan who is becoming really good. (Except his freethrows ofcourse)

AntiG
01-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Sheed may not have lived up to his HOF potential, but he still ended up a All-Star calibre player and a major contributor to championship level teams for many years. Griffin is really more like the Anti-Kwame Brown or (insert top draft pick bust here).

kdspurman
01-18-2011, 10:59 AM
What are u talking about Blake is out doing Timmy in every stat except for blocks! Also don't forget Timmy played alongside David Robinson as a rookie who is Blake playing with an old BD! Come on now this is my first post on Blake ever but some of u guys are just haters! The only thing I don't like about Blake is he beat my orangemen a few years ago! I mean Lebron gets more attention the Blake and now since some one else is getting some shine people want to say get off his nuts come on now he deserves the attention tell me another rookie that has taken the league by storm like this! He beat the best teams in the league including the defending champion Lakers!

If you want to be technical, Duncan shot better from the Field and FT line during their rookie seasons, so not every stat but blocks as you suggested. And playing along side David Robinson if anything is the reason Blake's stats are slightly better in terms of Rebounding (+.09) and points (+1.4) During that season Robinson averaged 21.6 ppg and 10.6 rbp and 2.6 bpg. Blake doesnt have anyone like that on his team. So while i know blake is an awesome athlete and will be great for many years, i wouldnt say he is "out doing Timmy". Let's also remember defensive stats aren't there and Tim was a great post defender when he got to the league. His basketball IQ was and is something special...

And btw i'm not hating on griffin.. Hell i purchased league pass broadband and chose the clippers as one of the teams to watch just so i can watch the kid play.

mttwlsn16
01-18-2011, 11:05 AM
As long as he is not a whiny **** and complaining about everything then he can be I guess. Rasheed also had talent he just didn't maximize it and he could be a bad teammate, but sometimes a good one when properly motivated.

The more I think about it, no, he's not the anti-Rasheed. He's more like the anti-Derek Coleman. But to be fair we have to give Blake a few more years to see a bigger sample piece. The way he plays, with reckless abandon, his career could be affected by multiple injuries.

ala Kobe? lol

^ this

THE WALL
01-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Let sheed alone!!!:D

sep11ie
01-18-2011, 11:30 AM
If you root for a ginger, you go to Hell. Do you guys all wanna go to Hell?

Giantwarrior
01-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Blake Grifiin looks more like an Albino. LOL.

Griffin simply amazes you. he has that star potential when you think about Dwight Howard or Lebron. he is a different breed or the next generation of superstar players in the NBA. when he learns how to shoot consistent mid-range jumpers, he will be unstoppable.

DitchDat
01-18-2011, 12:02 PM
All I mean by this comparison is that Blake leads by example, is humble, gives effort the entire time, picks up the team's spirit and is actually trying to change the Clippers' "losing culture" into a proud and driven team.

This in contrast to Rasheed, who was obviously really talented and did a lot for those awesome Pistons teams, but he did not play hard all the time, and sometimes was all-out detrimental to his team. He was not a culture-changer, he was someone that poisoned your culture. I'm not at all saying that Rasheed wasn't talented, but his mindset is entirely different from Blake's, or so it seems.

Maybe there are more accurate examples? The Coleman one I can live with...

Giantwarrior
01-18-2011, 12:04 PM
just give it about 10-15 years. you will see the Center and PF positions in the NBA transform. all the Centers and PF will be able to shoot 3 pointers and handle like a Guard. The game will evolve and so would the players.

Watching Black Griffin, it makes you wonder.

pebloemer
01-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Blake Grifiin looks more like an Albino. LOL.

Griffin simply amazes you. he has that star potential when you think about Dwight Howard or Lebron. he is a different breed or the next generation of superstar players in the NBA. when he learns how to shoot consistent mid-range jumpers, he will be unstoppable.

I've watched about 5-10 Clippers games so far this year and it seems to me that the midrange jumper is quite consistent already (when he is open). Could just be a result of a small sample of games from me though.

All I mean by this comparison is that Blake leads by example, is humble, gives effort the entire time, picks up the team's spirit and is actually trying to change the Clippers' "losing culture" into a proud and driven team.

This in contrast to Rasheed, who was obviously really talented and did a lot for those awesome Pistons teams, but he did not play hard all the time, and sometimes was all-out detrimental to his team. He was not a culture-changer, he was someone that poisoned your culture. I'm not at all saying that Rasheed wasn't talented, but his mindset is entirely different from Blake's, or so it seems.

Maybe there are more accurate examples? The Coleman one I can live with...

It was simply a strange comparison for you to make without explaining your observations about Rasheed's character. I'm not sure Rasheed was someone that poisoned teams' cultures at all, so I never would have assumed that's what you were talking about. Perhaps in his early Trailblazers' days. But I remember his Detroit days when his teammates would call him "coach" for his helpful adivce to the younger players on the team, etc.

All this said, he generally always played exceptional against the Raptor's, so maybe I mostly saw the best of him.

valade16
01-18-2011, 03:04 PM
GET OFF HIS NUTS PSD!!!

/thread

I'll stay on his nuts all i want thank you very much.

Why do you keep popping in here to check on his nuts is the question, a little fascinated with nuts are we?:eyebrow:

MackShock
01-18-2011, 05:29 PM
just give it about 10-15 years. you will see the Center and PF positions in the NBA transform. all the Centers and PF will be able to shoot 3 pointers and handle like a Guard. The game will evolve and so would the players.

So what your saying is, the euro style of play will come over.

DitchDat
01-19-2011, 03:10 PM
I'll stay on his nuts all i want thank you very much.

Why do you keep popping in here to check on his nuts is the question, a little fascinated with nuts are we?:eyebrow:

co-sign

I was honestly asking a question

Ebbs
01-19-2011, 03:13 PM
maybe the anti-Adam Morrison?

Hold on Morrison is a winner!

whitemamba33
01-19-2011, 06:09 PM
You bring up "Kobe and KG barking at teammates" like it's a bad thing..yet those are the teams that compete for championships while the Clippers are a bad team almost every year.

I'm not saying Blake Griffin can't be a leader...but you can't compare leadership between a championship team, a championship team, and a terrible team and expect a favorable opinion.

AlvaROD
01-19-2011, 07:07 PM
It's head scratching...

UnWantedTheory
01-19-2011, 07:32 PM
The kid is amazing, but I think he is hyped a bit much.

Atticus Finch
01-19-2011, 07:37 PM
GET OFF HIS NUTS PSD!!!

/thread

God forbid people talk about hands down the most exciting player in the league today. No, we should probably have more topics about Kobe vs Lebron/Wade, Rondo vs Rose, how "old" the Celtics/Spurs are, how great/terrible the heat are, or how much money david stern and the refs make when the Lakers win...

I never miss an opportunity to watch this kid play. He's the only player in the league where I think to myself every time he runs down the court that I might witness something I've never before seen. I've been watching Laker games with my dad since the early 90's, and last week for the first time in my life I found myself changing the channel from the Lakers to the Clippers.

Y2JOrdan
01-19-2011, 07:43 PM
GET OFF HIS NUTS PSD!!!

/thread

i dont think they can :laugh:

AddiX
01-19-2011, 07:45 PM
How the heck does this thread stay open yet I get infractions over expressing my opinion about a player I think sucks?

Shut this garbage down, we don't need a new thread about a player everyday that goes no where.

jasonbird
01-19-2011, 08:41 PM

Ye,Blake griffin has talent,he must work hard as Tim Duncan,KG...

He will be a super star,i swear.

all the best!

el_primo_nano
01-19-2011, 10:28 PM
damn..everybody on blakes nuts..i swear..this is like the 10000000th thread ive seen with Blake in the title...WE GET IT hes good!! Yall are jocking hard.

are you jealous or mad? Which one is it? :laugh:

DitchDat
01-20-2011, 08:55 AM
You bring up "Kobe and KG barking at teammates" like it's a bad thing..yet those are the teams that compete for championships while the Clippers are a bad team almost every year.

I'm not saying Blake Griffin can't be a leader...but you can't compare leadership between a championship team, a championship team, and a terrible team and expect a favorable opinion.

Hold on, I never said I thought now the Clippers were championship material. I'm just trying to measure up Blake Griffin impact-on-team mates wise... This guy simply picks up everybody's spirit by being so competitive and being a workhorse, and I think he is turning around a culture that was rolling in self-pity, a losing culture with no motivation that wasn't even trying. I was just trying to figure out what players have a comparable impact.

magichatnumber9
01-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Blake Griffin is BLIRISH