PDA

View Full Version : Change allstar weekend.

Yunqn
01-18-2011, 04:41 AM
if the nba has 1 major flaw in their system its cleary the voting process for the allstar game..

why dont THEY pick the deserving players for the all star game..
i hope love & griffin make it.. they seriously deserve it..
but the problem is the fans..

players & coaches should pick the whole all star cast..
and let fans vote for the coaches.. mike brown was a fail
lets see dantoni,phil jackson & etc..

but what the fans should REALLY be able to do.. is pick the games around it..

i want to see dirk,ray allen,kyle korver,steve nash & etc in the shooting contest..

i want to see griffin,iggy,maybe derozen again (not sure, but def. better than see'ing ibaka) & etc dunk.. maybe rose,westbrook & etc..if the players decline then thats fine.. just go to the next one..

i want to see, rose,wade,westbrook,parker & rondo in the skills..

i want to see the game in new york,chicago,miami & other places..
its getting boring nowadays and i bet the nba is goina be corney again and give the award to wade & james just because.. like shaq & kobe.

i just want to see the games exciting again..
all star weekend is really getting boring nowadays..

does anyone agree? & have any other ideas for what they should do?

bholly
01-18-2011, 05:03 AM
The whole point is it's the biggest stars, ie the players the fans like the most. Fan voting is the best way to do that.

I agree they could include fan voting for the other things, though, but you can't force players to compete, so you'd have to either make fans vote from a list of nominees, or just let them vote for anyone and take the highest votegetters who are keen.

Also, Shaq and Kobe deserved that MVP from what I remember.

asandhu23
01-18-2011, 05:06 AM
Monta Ellis deserves a spot as well. Kobe should give up his spot. does he even need to go to any more ASG?

PrettyBoyJ
01-18-2011, 05:11 AM
Allstar game is basically for the fans, it may not go the way some fans want it too but ultimately the same people who complain are the same people who can vote.. Leaving it to the coaches you'll prob. have a similar issue teams with winning records will prob get the most nods when guys like K. Love, B. Griffin would get over looked for guys like Chauncey Billups, and Tony Parker (not saying there not allstars) but some guys are more deserving then others

Swashcuff
01-18-2011, 09:48 AM
if the nba has 1 major flaw in their system its cleary the voting process for the allstar game..

why dont THEY pick the deserving players for the all star game..
i hope love & griffin make it.. they seriously deserve it..
but the problem is the fans..

players & coaches should pick the whole all star cast..
and let fans vote for the coaches.. mike brown was a fail
lets see dantoni,phil jackson & etc..

but what the fans should REALLY be able to do.. is pick the games around it..

i want to see dirk,ray allen,kyle korver,steve nash & etc in the shooting contest..

i want to see griffin,iggy,maybe derozen again (not sure, but def. better than see'ing ibaka) & etc dunk.. maybe rose,westbrook & etc..if the players decline then thats fine.. just go to the next one..

i want to see, rose,wade,westbrook,parker & rondo in the skills..

i want to see the game in new york,chicago,miami & other places..
its getting boring nowadays and i bet the nba is goina be corney again and give the award to wade & james just because.. like shaq & kobe.

i just want to see the games exciting again..
all star weekend is really getting boring nowadays..

does anyone agree? & have any other ideas for what they should do?

See what you just did?

Well that's why fans are allowed to vote and quite frankly though its a flaw its a flaw the league can not only live with but have been and are benefiting from. All Star voting while not perfect is something we can live with.

The problem with All Star weekend is certainly NOT the game. In years past some of the bigger superstars have not played and when they have didn't play much minutes.

You have to take into consideration that the only weight the fans have and could realistically have is in the voting of the starters.

Do you honestly think if the fans voted for the dunk contest the top 4 winners would want to contend. I mean while its a good idea its unrealistic. Iggy has already declined their offer to compete again on numerous occasions. In all likeliness we're going to see Vince voted in in which case he too will decline, it's unrealistic.

I can guarantee you one thing though. Segre Ibaka is going to put on a better show in this year's dunk contest than DeRozan did last year. Guarantee!!!