PDA

View Full Version : Is Griffin not the biggest NBA story and the biggest new superStar?

Anilyzer
01-18-2011, 03:08 AM
I don't know about y'all, but I am completely blown away by this Griffin dude... just incredible player and incredible star quality.

And the budding rivalry with the Lakers, and especially Odom, is epic. Really, really intense. If you're not from LA, you don't realize how intense this could be. Clippers, and Griffin especially, made a HUGE statement last night in beating the Lakers.

Bullsfan22
01-18-2011, 03:17 AM
he's a rising star/rookie. He needs to win more before being considered a "superstar"

bholly
01-18-2011, 03:19 AM
He might be the biggest story. That's why right now the first page of this forum has two other Griffin threads, two other Clippers threads, and one about rookie big men. This, incidentally, is also why you didn't need to make this one.

ElMarroAfamado
01-18-2011, 03:21 AM
Charles Barkley already called him an all star....so....and is Rose a superstar?
and yeah I think no one would care besides his highlight reel dunks....but the thing is the Clippers are winning right now...as opposed to people who try to say Love is better (the wolves are not winning0

Rego247
01-18-2011, 03:27 AM
he is a rising star. kinda like how carter was in his first year.

BG should be in the all star game, it would be so much fun to watch.

EaglesJackson10
01-18-2011, 03:38 AM
He is a big story but I think it's hard to say this is a surprise. I think a lot of people were expecting him to be really good. Idk if anyone would expected a 47 point game from him this year but I think a lot of people thought he would be great. Bill Simmons is exhibit A.

asandhu23
01-18-2011, 03:44 AM
He is Stern's new toy

Y2JOrdan
01-18-2011, 03:52 AM
he needs to get his team to the playoffs, and if not this year then next year it will happen.

BuddhaMONK
01-18-2011, 03:56 AM
yup when this guys career's out he'll be in the hall of fame with fellow white legends such as larry bird, pistol pete and john stockton.

bklynny67
01-18-2011, 04:02 AM
yup when this guys career's out he'll be in the hall of fame with fellow white legends such as larry bird, pistol pete and john stockton.

lol he's a hall of famer already after half a season

MackShock
01-18-2011, 04:05 AM
Blake Griffin is a freak athlete and this stuff shouldve happened last season. He shouldve been ROY last year. Blake is definitely a bright spot on an otherwise dimlit team. The Clippers are definitely overshadowed by the Lakers in LA. So its good to see the Clipshow doing good..they might make a serious run at the playoffs...I commend em for being the feelgood cinderella team this year.

Warriors 1st, then the Clips into the playoffs. 7th and 8th :)

JabberJaw
01-18-2011, 04:08 AM

He's bi-racial, you do know that right? His dad is black and mom is white. Just sayin'. HOF is a bit much to talk about right now. I do remember quite a few players who started their careers off and didn't exactly finish as a "complete product" a' la Shawn Kemp.
Dude is a complete stud and is definitely the biggest NBA story this year. I'm a Laker fan and he straight man handled us that night. Not a budding rivalry yet, but maybe it will turn into one. Like Ron Artest said, it would be great to see an LA vs LA playoff matchup someday. It could happen, with the development of the Clippers young studs.

GreatMustachio1
01-18-2011, 04:16 AM
he is better than lebron. When it is all said and done he will go down as a better player than lebron.

MackShock
01-18-2011, 04:19 AM
He's bi-racial, you do know that right? His dad is black and mom is white. Just sayin'. HOF is a bit much to talk about right now. I do remember quite a few players who started their careers off and didn't exactly finish as a "complete product" a' la Shawn Kemp.
Dude is a complete stud and is definitely the biggest NBA story this year. I'm a Laker fan and he straight man handled us that night. Not a budding rivalry yet, but maybe it will turn into one. Like Ron Artest said, it would be great to see an LA vs LA playoff matchup someday. It could happen, with the development of the Clippers young studs.

dont forget ricky rubio

Anilyzer
01-18-2011, 04:20 AM

well, he's on the Clippers, so that is a strike against him right there. If he was on a more substantial team, with some good veteran players and maybe a top notch coach, that would help him a lot at this point. Honestly it looks like he's just freelancing out there, but he's so good it doesn't matter

Anilyzer
01-18-2011, 04:33 AM
Charles Barkley already called him an all star....so....and is Rose a superstar?
and yeah I think no one would care besides his highlight reel dunks....but the thing is the Clippers are winning right now...as opposed to people who try to say Love is better (the wolves are not winning0

yeah... the "hype machine" dictates that every top draft pick or guy with a big shoe contract is a superstar or whatever. Derrick Rose is a nice player, y'know? He's got some good numbers, he's getting mentioned for MVP consideration, all that.

But Blake isn't a product of the hype machine... Blake is flipping the script on the whole league right now. It's not llike "OMG, Derrick Rose and Noah on TNT in the highly anticipated game against Wade and Lebron at 8PM tonight, only on TNT"

naw, it ain't that.

It's "HOLY CRAP did you see this guy on youtube from the Clippers whose never had a nationally televised game??" "Who the heck is this guy!!??!!"

Griffin is the one guy that is actually living up to the hype. In fact, he's rewriting the hype. He's making everything else seem pretty ordinary by comparison. Lebron *yawn*.

Anyways... as a Laker fan, I just don't know how this is going to play out. You can't really hide from the fact that this guy is going to go out and dominate Odom, Bynum and Gasol from a physical standpoint, every time they play. Obviously Odom doesn't like to be exposed like that, but guess what: next time it will probably be even worse.

Oh, and, did you see the play where Gasol flopped? Griffin posted him up, and Gasol flopped on his back and pulled his knees to his chest... after Grif made the shot he tripped and fell over Gasol. Cheap play--we don't want to see that. And when LAKER PFs, not Jazz PFs, not Celtics PFs, not Kings PFs, start flopping in the paint, you know there is something weird going on.

If I was Griffin I would just be a bit careful, because some of these players are going to start flopping, pulling jerseys, going under, etc, just because his kind of talent brings out the loser even from players we thought were really good.

kobe24>lebron23
01-18-2011, 04:51 AM
he is better than lebron. When it is all said and done he will go down as a better player than lebron.

Come on man thats like saying lebron will go down as a better player then kobe... U cant really say that until they start winning something! I will Say this though i think blake will be the best player and the face of the NBA in 2 years if he stays healthy!

KG2TB
01-18-2011, 05:14 AM
Blake is an unreal talent and competitor. The Clips have talent and are a young team. If the Clips management could keep the team together, get a better coach, and fill in a piece or two, Blake can realistically be the best, most dominant player in the NBA once they start winning.

Anilyzer
01-18-2011, 07:09 AM
YOU'RE AN EFFING MORON. YOU CREATED A THREAD ABOUT CLIPPERS LEAVING NOW YOU'RE ON THEIR SACK? GTFO IDIOT :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I swear

Clippers = FAIL

Griffin = superstar

sorry

stawka
01-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Put him in the All-Star game. Opposing players aren't too fond of him, after the All-Star weekend together it should clear a lot of that **** up, seeing him outside of a basketball court etc

Swashcuff
01-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Come on man thats like saying lebron will go down as a better player then kobe... U cant really say that until they start winning something! I will Say this though i think blake will be the best player and the face of the NBA in 2 years if he stays healthy!

As much as we disagree sometimes on Kobe vs LeBron debates I have to agree with you on this NO one should even mutter such words at this point in thier respective careers.

Same goes for Blake being better than LeBron at this point.

Swashcuff
01-18-2011, 09:33 AM

This right here is why guys like you get no respect on this forum. Are you miss cleo?

How could you say for certain that's he'd go down as a better player that LeBron. If he fails become a better player on the defensive end he won't even be considered as the best PF to ever play the game. He'd basically be Charles with a less polished offensive game and much more athleticism. Hell even Barkley played more D and helped a lot more in his rookie year than Blake is doing now.

Swashcuff
01-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Griffin is indeed a big hell even the Biggest story in the NBA right now, but just regular season play does not cement you are a superstar you have to take your team to the playoffs and up your game there as well.

ragee
01-18-2011, 09:51 AM
I don't know about y'all, but I am completely blown away by this Griffin dude... just incredible player and incredible star quality.

And the budding rivalry with the Lakers, and especially Odom, is epic. Really, really intense. If you're not from LA, you don't realize how intense this could be. Clippers, and Griffin especially, made a HUGE statement last night in beating the Lakers.

Because of him, I am wishing I still live in LA... I do hope this guy can turn the franchise around... He already have Eric Gordon to help him... One more good lottery pick and I think they're good...

todu82
01-18-2011, 09:57 AM
He's having 1 heck of a season. Hopefully he can turn that team around and make them relevant for once.

obcha22
01-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Yes, yes and yes. For a player on the clippers to be that known on the east coast is an amazing feat in itself but this kid is like nothing i've seen. I think MVP. He dominates the game more than any one player and in such an explosive, smart , skilled and exciting way. I love watching him play

xbrackattackx
01-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Blake is amazing, But he will be out with injuries every year after he turns 27-28 I think.

sep11ie
01-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Being the biggest story in the NBA forum on PSD is about equal to being the smartest kid with down syndrome.

Giantwarrior
01-18-2011, 11:55 AM

He looks more Albino to me. LOL.

when Blake Griffin get a consistant mid range jumper, he will be unstoppable.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Dudes a beast. but i dont think he's a superstar yet.

Flash3
01-18-2011, 12:24 PM

white ?

Bring The Heat
01-18-2011, 12:46 PM
look at the retards on this forum saying he's better than lebron already... wow lol

BkOriginalOne
01-18-2011, 12:47 PM
He needs a young PG to play with.
Imagine how deadly he would be in Sloan's pick and roll, when Blake develops a jump shot, I can see him becoming the next karl marlone (less of a scorer/playmaker, but more athletic)

assisi805
01-18-2011, 01:21 PM
he's a rising star/rookie. He needs to win more before being considered a "superstar"

SO what your saying is chris bosh wasn't a superstar when in Toronto? If anything going to Miami and winning made him less of one:facepalm:

Avenged
01-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Unless he takes the Clippers to the playoffs, all he'll be is an all-star player.. Not a superstar.

Dodgers99
01-18-2011, 01:26 PM
white ?

His mom is Italian.

French totem
01-18-2011, 01:45 PM
no, he is a top 5 player already : james, kobe, duncan, nash and griffin/wade

Swashcuff
01-18-2011, 01:50 PM

http://clippers.topbuzz.com/albums/blake-griffin/Blake_Griffin_with_parents.jpg

his mother must have pulled a fast one on his father is he's to be considered as a fellow white.

We all know white boys can jump dude :p

He got em ups from his pops

Swashcuff
01-18-2011, 01:51 PM
no, he is a top 5 player already : james, kobe, duncan, nash and griffin/wade

LMAO

He's already better than Dwight, Durant, Dirk, CP3, D.WIll and D. Rose?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

gwrighter
01-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Blake is playing superb basketball but to even insinuate that he is even close to lebron is ludicrous. Lebron took a team to 60 wins while blake's team which could be on the rise is right now a bottom dweller. With his athleticism and mpg he needs to be averaging more than 0.7 BPG. With that said there aren't too many knocks on his game right now. I will be interested to see how he performs in his sophomore campaign as teams will now know what they are going up against and will adjust accordingly.

Bullsfan22
01-18-2011, 02:01 PM
this thread is well....horrible.

DaBUU
01-18-2011, 02:11 PM
this forum thinks Bulls, Knicks, Heat, and Celtics fans are obnoxious? Now we have to put up with the Clipper fan base? talk about people who need to chill, their team has been the laughing stock of sports since existence, and now they finally have a player (who's only played half a season so far btw) and all of a sudden he's better than Lebron and a top 5 player? thats obnoxious fandom of the highest order.

pacofunk64
01-18-2011, 02:17 PM
The better question is this. Is Griffins rookie season more hyped or better than LeBron's? I'd say YES.

Lloyd Christmas
01-18-2011, 02:19 PM
I love watching this guy, but I honestly fear he is going to hurt himself. I hope it never happens, but the way he finishes makes me think that one day he will have a really bad fall after hard contact. He already had one earlier this year that luckily he walked away from. I don't want to put any bad vibes out there but I am scared for the guy.

Hoopsadvocate
01-18-2011, 02:30 PM
1. theres like 3 blake griffin related threads on the front page alone (yet ppl complain about lebron)

2. Hes awesome

3. Not top 5 or even top 10 as he doesnt make anyone better doesnt create or play good defense. Stop it.

JayAllDay
01-18-2011, 02:34 PM
too bad he plays for the Clippers

AntiG
01-18-2011, 02:35 PM
he's the biggest new superstar, but certainly not the biggest NBA story. The Melo trade is the biggest story by far.

tredigs
01-18-2011, 03:59 PM
1. theres like 3 blake griffin related threads on the front page alone (yet ppl complain about lebron)

2. Hes awesome

3. Not top 5 or even top 10 as he doesnt make anyone better doesnt create or play good defense. Stop it.

You're right that he isn't top 5, but I can tell for certain that you haven't seen many (or any) Clippers games this year. The visual resurgence that Baron Davis is having due to the excitement of playing with BG (and having a guy he can literally just toss the ball anywhere near the hoop to for an oop) is pretty fun to see. It's the most life I've seen out of him since he left the Warriors. Eric Gordon is also having an incredible season, and part of that is attributed to Blake Griffin CONSTANTLY drawing double teams and being a very quick/willing passer. A big who averages 3.4 assists a game (a number that's rising as the seasons progressed) doesn't make others better or create? BZZZZ. Wrong.

I'm on board with the first and last comment, although he's shown to be a competent on-ball defender, I think he could do much more with his weak-side/help D. He works his *** off on the other end and I'm sure part of his calmness defensively can be attributed to that, but it's a step he needs to take to join the top 3-5 in the league.

That said, this guy is probably already possibly better than STAT and maybe even Pau. He's a top 3 PF in my mind (think of him outside of the context of him being a rookie, how could he not be?).

cargobox
01-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Clippers = FAIL

Griffin = superstar

sorry

I'm gonna have to put you on my ignored list

ttam68
01-18-2011, 05:08 PM
How many rookies have made the All-star game? And who?

cargobox
01-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Yao Ming made it...

Anilyzer
01-18-2011, 05:19 PM
he's the biggest new superstar, but certainly not the biggest NBA story. The Melo trade is the biggest story by far.

The Carmelo story isn't really about basketball. AND the reason it is such a big story, is that you've got the publicists, PR people, agents and representatives for various players and teams calling ESPN all day trying to make it a story. End of story.

End of story.

There's no trade. Carmelo never demanded a trade. Carmelo never sat out. Carmelo is just playing the season out, and Denver wants to cash in and trade him somehow. End of story. How is that "the biggest story by far" ?

As for the injury risk, I did notice that Griffin plays at full throttle and is slightly reckless at times, so the thought did cross my mind, that he should be a bit more cautious and on-guard. However, the guy is incredibly strong, so he largely just overpowers other players. He actually seems to have solid alignment, and stay very centered. When he goes up, he just goes WAY UP, but it's not really wild, he's just super strong and elevates right over players. His legs and core seem incredibly strong, and I've never seen a player really move the way he does.

I didn't like the way Odom tried to pull him down, and I didn't like the Gasol flop, and that kind of stuff can be dangerous for him. Because, he's going straight after top line NBA power players, and overpowering them, but when they start to just jump out of the way, flop, pull his jersey, go underneath him, or hit him the air there is more danger. But I'm sure that a player of his talent has seen all the dirty tricks on the playground, ever since he started playing, and I'm sure he's been playing against adult players since forever--he was probably dunking when he was 10 and playing open pickup games at the park. So... the more he relaxes and starts to realize it's like a big pickup game, I think he'll be totally fine.

Maybe, maybe I could envision him turning around the Clippers, and the Clippers becoming a top franchise. But not really. I've seen from experience that they will never go over the cap or really even get near it; they've never kept good players, and players seem to not like it there for whatever reasons. Clippers should definitely get some TNT and ESPN national games though... it's just so much more exciting than at alot of what is out there.

But yeah... if he was on New York... holy mackerel dude. We'd be talking about absolute CLASSIC, classic matchups between Griffin and Lebron. We're talking Bird/Magic or something like that. If he was on an established team, with great coaches and older veteran players, and a winning tradition and all that... he would just improve so much more. Phil Jackson or Greg Popovich or a coach like that would just improve him so much more, make him so much more. On the Clippers he'll probably just coach himself and freestyle for the next few years.

I never said anything about "top 5" or whatever. I know people value their stats and numbers quite a lot, and those little territories are all staked out pretty good, who's in top 5, top 10, etc. I don't even want to have that debate.

But, just watch a game, or some highlights... I mean, how can he NOT be right up there? It's like this: ok, maybe he's not a top 5 player; but put hiim against any top 5 player and he will probably win, outperform and be the most exciting player in the matchup.

like I said, it would be great to see Griffin on the Knicks vs Lebron... we'd see a whole new level I think

Swashcuff
01-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Yao Ming made it...

Yao Ming is 7'6 OBVIOUSLY he'd be a big deal. :rolleyes:

If LeBron couldn't become a rookie SUPERSTAR there's no way Blake is doing it.

Hoopsadvocate
01-18-2011, 05:23 PM
You're right that he isn't top 5, but I can tell for certain that you haven't seen many (or any) Clippers games this year. The visual resurgence that Baron Davis is having due to the excitement of playing with BG (and having a guy he can literally just toss the ball anywhere near the hoop to for an oop) is pretty fun to see. It's the most life I've seen out of him since he left the Warriors. Eric Gordon is also having an incredible season, and part of that is attributed to Blake Griffin CONSTANTLY drawing double teams and being a very quick/willing passer. A big who averages 3.4 assists a game (a number that's rising as the seasons progressed) doesn't make others better or create? BZZZZ. Wrong.

I'm on board with the first and last comment, although he's shown to be a competent on-ball defender, I think he could do much more with his weak-side/help D. He works his *** off on the other end and I'm sure part of his calmness defensively can be attributed to that, but it's a step he needs to take to join the top 3-5 in the league.

That said, this guy is probably already possibly better than STAT and maybe even Pau. He's a top 3 PF in my mind (think of him outside of the context of him being a rookie, how could he not be?).

Amare has the knicks as a playoff team again with only having 1 other player on that roster who has been to the playoffs thats raymond felont with a 1st round exit.

Then Griffins team isnt close to a playoff spot dispite haveing a slew of good players including team usa player and a seasoned vet whos been thru numerous playoffs games. Hes not better.

Griffin has been compared to Shawn kemp at best by most analysts so u all think shawn kemp is top 5-10 in the current NBA? Over guys like lebron,kobe,wade,amare,pau,howard,chris paul, durant, Dirk, rose? (all who have their teams comfortabley in the playoffs btw.

And u cant say clippers have a bad supporting cast either as the census has always been that they have talent just dont do well. They have solid players at every position and a true superstar or elite talent would make such a team a playoff team easily at the very least but to be top 10 would make them a contender for example what lebron did for the sorry cavs team or wade did for last years miami team or cp3 for the hornets, or durant with a very young and fairly new team etc etc.

Anilyzer
01-18-2011, 05:23 PM
yeah, regarding the "Blake Griiffin's not a top 5 or top 10 player" thing...

it reminds me of "I'm not a player I just crush a lot."

Anilyzer
01-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Amare has the knicks as a playoff team again with only having 1 other player on that roster who has been to the playoffs thats raymond felont with a 1st round exit.

Then Griffins team isnt close to a playoff spot dispite haveing a slew of good players including team usa player and a seasoned vet whos been thru numerous playoffs games. Hes not better.

Griffin has been compared to Shawn kemp at best by most analysts so u all think shawn kemp is top 5-10 in the current NBA? Over guys like lebron,kobe,wade,amare,pau,howard,chris paul, durant, Dirk, rose? (all who have their teams comfortabley in the playoffs btw.

And u cant say clippers have a bad supporting cast either as the census has always been that they have talent just dont do well. They have solid players at every position and a true superstar or elite talent would make such a team a playoff team easily at the very least but to be top 10 would make them a contender for example what lebron did for the sorry cavs team or wade did for miami team or cp3 for the hornets durant with a very young and fairly new team etc etc.

see, this is what you don't get, and what I think has the NBA hype machine a bit rattled at this point. It's what teh Lakers found out the other night.

All these "superstars" PFs like Dirk, Stoudemire, Gasol, Howard, Odom, etc are going to have to PLAY against this guy. And it's hard for instance to say that "Griffin can't even be mentioned in the same breath as Dirk" while Griffin is dropping 50 pts on Dirk, dunking on him at will, and just completely dominating. I mean... he's gonna make some of these guys just look bad. There is "hype" and there is "real." Griffin didn't really have any hype being on the Clippers as a rookie... so, you decide. Nowitzki was "an international sensation" before any of us even saw him take a jumpshot from 20 feet or whatever he does.

like I said, I really would like to see some classic 7 game ECF series with Lebron vs Griffin... I feel it would take things to a whole new level, something like we saw with Bird/Magic

Like they would start dueling in the Matrix and the other players would be just standing back going "wow"

Anilyzer
01-18-2011, 05:33 PM
at least the Lakers protected Bynum from Griffin somewhat... but they will be going head to head. Bynum may be able to stand in the paint and "dominate" some teams with his "defensive presence" but I think Griffin will probably just go right through and straight over him

BlueCollar
01-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Griffin's got huge potential, exactly what the Clippers need to start the turnaround. Love watching this guy play and can't wait til some supporting talent comes his way.

I'd love to go on an ultimate sports vacation some day soon, this guy just put the Clippers as a possible destination.

MickeyMgl
01-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Not yet.

shizzle09
01-18-2011, 06:06 PM

the kid is a beast but your comment is down right ********
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

mttwlsn16
01-18-2011, 06:14 PM
the kid is a beast but your comment is down right ********
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

when its all said and done agreed 100%
get off brons dick

feddi420
01-18-2011, 06:44 PM
They have something on espn.com's nba page asking "BEST EVER? The Admiral and Michael Jordan were both awesome as NBA rooks. But is Blake Griffin even better?"

It's an insider article so I can't see it but was hoping someone can tell us what it says. I hate espn and think its stupid that they're even comparing him to two of the greatest of all times already but I won't jump to conclusion because I don't know what they say in the article.

shizzle09
01-18-2011, 06:57 PM
get off brons dick

LMFAO, you dont have to ride anyones dick to realize how ******** it is to say Griffin is better than Lebron. Lebron isnt even my favorite player on the team clown.

kylem4711
01-18-2011, 07:01 PM
this forum thinks Bulls, Knicks, Heat, and Celtics fans are obnoxious? Now we have to put up with the Clipper fan base? talk about people who need to chill, their team has been the laughing stock of sports since existence, and now they finally have a player (who's only played half a season so far btw) and all of a sudden he's better than Lebron and a top 5 player? thats obnoxious fandom of the highest order.

ha, no real clipper fan thinks this. you need to chill with words like fandom

Swashcuff
01-18-2011, 07:02 PM
get off brons dick

So you are saying that Blake is going down as a top 10 player all time?

Also the poster said he was already better than LeBron is which couldn't be more wrong.

Swashcuff
01-18-2011, 07:03 PM
LMFAO, you dont have to ride anyones dick to realize how ******** it is to say Griffin is better than Lebron. Lebron isnt even my favorite player on the team clown.

he's obviously riding someones dick to agree with the other poster on such a foolish post.

Nighthawk
01-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Hands down the best athlete to come into the league since Lebron. He has great power forward size. He rebounds and bangs and always hustles. Can knock down jumpers. Oh yeah and has INSANE athletic ability for someone his size. Ridiculous freak of nature like Lebron. Just unreal. If he stays healthy for 10-15 good years he's a hall of famer. Hes soo young and already doing amazing things. Only thing that can hold him back is health issues.

Anilyzer
01-18-2011, 07:20 PM
I mean, like, just everybody stfu about "who's more of a fanboy" or "who is on Lebron's jock" or "who deserves to be a top 5 player" whatever that is supposed to mean.

I mean, just LOOK at what Griffin is doing !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gG4W0L41FI

I mean, if you are watching that of Griff, and not literally yelling at the computer like "OMFG!" or
"WWWWOOOOOOWWWW!!!" I mean, a picture is worth a thousand words. And a video like that is worth like a million Lebron posters. BAM!

You-Can't-Front-On-That !!!!!

NO one can. That is totally off the chain.

And ESPN is *whack* trying to downplay it all by saying he's "almost identical to Shawn Kemp." Shawn Kemp was awesome for a couple years before he got fat and stupid or whatever... Penny HARDAWAY was awesome for a few years... Dominique Wilkins was eye-popping for a while... Shannon Brown of the Lakers can freak you out sometimes... and Lebron gets his head above the rim sometimes running in stride when he dunks which is pretty awesome.

But this Griffin kid is just RIDICULOUS.

Let the fans decide. These Griffin youtube videos are gonna wind up having 50 million
views like the Katy Perry with Elmo video or something.

Anilyzer
01-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Hands down the best athlete to come into the league since Lebron. He has great power forward size. He rebounds and bangs and always hustles. Can knock down jumpers. Oh yeah and has INSANE athletic ability for someone his size. Ridiculous freak of nature like Lebron. Just unreal. If he stays healthy for 10-15 good years he's a hall of famer. Hes soo young and already doing amazing things. Only thing that can hold him back is health issues.

Yes, well said.

Anilyzer
01-18-2011, 07:27 PM
maybe it is just me causing Katy Perry and Elmo to have 50 million youtube views

otwisted
01-18-2011, 07:50 PM
He has been the talk of the NBA so far, however, i think he always had superstar written all over him, best hustle player in the league so i dont think its a surprise he's doing the things he doing.

Chronz
01-18-2011, 08:02 PM

What are you talking about?

WizFan3
01-18-2011, 08:06 PM

100 percent agree

Chronz
01-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Yao Ming is 7'6 OBVIOUSLY he'd be a big deal. :rolleyes:

If LeBron couldn't become a rookie SUPERSTAR there's no way Blake is doing it.

Bron was 18 as a rook, no question Blakes already leaps and bounds better than a rookie Bron.

WSU Tony
01-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Looking for the reason some of you think Griffin is a superstar? ESPN is endorsing him. Hell, Kevin Love is putting up better numbers than Griffin but NONE of you will consider him a superstar.

The media is a powerful thing.

Swashcuff
01-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Bron was 18 as a rook, no question Blakes already leaps and bounds better than a rookie Bron.

So do you think he's already a Superstar?

yshNYK
01-18-2011, 08:22 PM
ehhhhh..well i guess. I think i'm being biased being from the east coast i haven't seen dude play that much, and the only time i saw him was when he went HAM on my knicks lol

i hear nothing but good things tho

not a superstar .... yet

ElMarroAfamado
01-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Lebron james is not that great anyway so it shouldnt be hard for Blake to matchup so far they are on equal ground cause they both have 0 rings
haha

dpospish
01-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Lebron james is not that great anyway so it shouldnt be hard for Blake to matchup so far they are on equal ground cause they both have 0 rings
haha

2 MVP awards say whats up

lico2
01-18-2011, 08:48 PM
is blake griffin a girly for the things he did to mario chalmers, andre miller, and lamar odom? just asking? lol i personally dont think he is but others seem to think so because he backed away from lamar odom

J_M_B
01-18-2011, 08:50 PM
is blake griffin a girly for the things he did to mario chalmers, andre miller, and lamar odom? just asking? lol i personally dont think he is but others seem to think so because he backed away from lamar odom

:laugh2:

baghdadbob
01-18-2011, 09:09 PM
What will make Griffin much better than LeBron is he is willing to destroy you to win.

LeBron is MC Hammer.

Griffin is BIGGIE.

End of story.

tredigs
01-18-2011, 09:18 PM

And u cant say clippers have a bad supporting cast either as the census has always been that they have talent just dont do well. They have solid players at every position and a true superstar or elite talent would make such a team a playoff team easily at the very least but to be top 10 would make them a contender for example what lebron did for the sorry cavs team or wade did for last years miami team or cp3 for the hornets, or durant with a very young and fairly new team etc etc.

Amare is not the biggest upgrade on the Knicks, Raymond Felton being in the place of Chris Duhon is. That, along with the emergence of Wilson Chandler as a VERY legit player in this league and Landry Fields immediate presence on the floor are all playing major roles in the Knicks being a... low playoff seed in the east. Have to remember that the team behind them in the playoff standings (76ers) are not even SNIFFING .500. In the west, the Knicks would still struggle mightily to make the post-season.

And don't look now, but the Clippers are 7-3 in their last 10, with wins against Miami, Denver and the Lakers. Despite the fact that they have nowhere near the all around talent or continuity of other top teams in the West, they're looking like a team on the rise. And the reason for that is absolutely on the shoulders of Blake Griffin.

Also, Blake Griffin now is a better player than prime-Kemp. They compare his explosiveness to Kemp, not his all around game (unless like many... they just haven't seen him play full games). His playmaking from the post along with his all-around offensive repertoire + absolute dominant rebounding completely set the two apart (same goes for why he will soon be seen as a better player than Amare). This may not be obvious to most yet, but it will be soon enough.

That said, people calling him better than LBJ? NOW? Foolish. Absolutely foolish.

John Walls Era
01-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Hes been impressive. IMO Probably the 2nd best player in terms of building a franchise around.

I also think hes lucky that hes on a team with a notoriously bad owner. If he quits on the team no one will blame him.

mttwlsn16
01-18-2011, 09:30 PM

imo he didnt back away. he put his hands up to avoid doing something stupid and walked away the mature one

Anilyzer
01-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Looking for the reason some of you think Griffin is a superstar? ESPN is endorsing him. Hell, Kevin Love is putting up better numbers than Griffin but NONE of you will consider him a superstar.

oooooh, can't wait till next time Clippers play the T-Wolves. Kevin Love will just be completely posterized--he'll get "youtubized" or whatever. There will be a "Blake Griffin completely PWNS Kevin Love" video featuring like 10 ridiculous dunks, blocks, rebounds and passes.

again, you can talk about numbers all you want. But put the actual players out on the court and it is a completely different story.

Swashcuff
01-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Amare is not the biggest upgrade on the Knicks, Raymond Felton being in the place of Chris Duhon is. That, along with the emergence of Wilson Chandler as a VERY legit player in this league and Landry Fields immediate presence on the floor are all playing major roles in the Knicks being a... low playoff seed in the east. Have to remember that the team behind them in the playoff standings (76ers) are not even SNIFFING .500. In the west, the Knicks would still struggle mightily to make the post-season.

And don't look now, but the Clippers are 7-3 in their last 10, with wins against Miami, Denver and the Lakers. Despite the fact that they have nowhere near the all around talent or continuity of other top teams in the West, they're looking like a team on the rise. And the reason for that is absolutely on the shoulders of Blake Griffin.

Also, Blake Griffin now is a better player than prime-Kemp. They compare his explosiveness to Kemp, not his all around game (unless like many... they just haven't seen him play full games). His playmaking from the post along with his all-around offensive repertoire + absolute dominant rebounding completely set the two apart (same goes for why he will soon be seen as a better player than Amare). This may not be obvious to most yet, but it will be soon enough.

That said, people calling him better than LBJ? NOW? Foolish. Absolutely foolish.

:clap:

magichatnumber9
01-18-2011, 09:36 PM
He's a top 10 player in this league already.

Anilyzer
01-18-2011, 09:39 PM

LoL Blake has some of the most dominant alpha body language I've ever seen on a basketball court.

notice how Lamar grabbed his jersey, and swung Griffin around while he is pulling AWAY from Griffin's body. Like girl-fight, clothes pulling, hair pulling. Griffin just was like "hey, I didn't do anything. I didn't touch her."

Griffin just showed total class. Odom is just being a beeoch cause he's getting completely exposed in that game.

of course, I get the feeling Griffin can hold a grudge, and probably went and pumped iron till 2 in the morning that night--then dropped 47 on Indiana the next day.

and next time Lakers play the Clippers *oooooooohhh* LOOK OUT. It will just be like slam in Odom's face and then same body language saying "what?" but he still won't say a word

seriously... might want to watch those games

Feb 25th and March 25th

and if the Clippers get the 7th or 8th seed, we might get to see 7 games of Griffin vs Odom, which will not be pretty

Chronz
01-18-2011, 10:42 PM
So do you think he's already a Superstar?
Depends on your restrictions, I do know hes better than a rook Bron

Chronz
01-18-2011, 10:43 PM

Their stats are getting closer with every game as Blake is improving rapidly and his defense is miles ahead of Loves

rabzouz 96
01-19-2011, 05:12 AM
unfortunately, with the clippers luck, blakes knee and other joints will prolly turn out to be career killers.

Raph12
01-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Dude's a straightup beast, I'd like to see him pick it up on the defensive end as well though...

RZZZA
01-19-2011, 01:39 PM
what, the media doesnt consider kevin love a super star? From what I've seen, they do, they're giving him props at least.

One guy even said he'd take Love on his team over Blake. so there

Hellcrooner
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
has he played a full season already?

he looks promising but he still has a long way to go and a lot of fundamentals to learn.

Anilyzer
01-19-2011, 05:34 PM
has he played a full season already?

he looks promising but he still has a long way to go and a lot of fundamentals to learn.

I'm not sure we can really say that. Maybe a great coach like Phil or Popovich could make a statement like that, but to my eyes, Griffin seems
to be playing at a very, very high level--even without a real strong team
concept around him.

It's something like a Bird or Magic that just comes into the league, steps onto the court, and is playing like a man among boys from day 1. Or a Mike Tyson, who steps into a heavyweight division of complacent fattys who are used to dancing around and sparring and pacing themselves through their fights; Tyson walked into the division and simply knocked everybody out, badly. And quickly.

There's just these type of athletes that are a notch or two above... I don't really get that geeked about #1 pick in the draft guys, or rookie of the years, or all star rosters etc, cause you rarely see that guy who just completely excels and lives up to the hype. When you see it, you just know you're seeing something different, something special.

If I was David Stern, I would be scheming to *somehow* get Griffin traded to the Knicks or some team like that--he would absolutely rule if he was on Boston. Classic matchups = billions in profits. Then they don't have to lockout and quibble over pennies when they have a solid-gold Blake Griffin languishing on the Clippers.

Alternately, send a management team to the Clippers, free of charge, and start building them into a winner. I already start to like the Clippers more now, in spite of myself; but we know too well that the Clipper owner revels in being the guy who spoils the party and spoils the fun.

with some improved management, and booking some nationally televised games for them, the Clippers could get some real play this year, including a playoff run.

they have a ton of pieces--how come they're not talking about any trades? They got picks, they got extra players... they could easily fill in some gaps and take it to the next level.

honestly, they might be in over their head a bit right now--they've suddenly got a potential MVP type guy, the real McCoy, and I'm not at all sure they know what to do with him. The league should help, cause Griffin is highly marketable.

jasonbird
01-19-2011, 08:55 PM
No doubt,he will be a superstar,

But first of all, he need to work hard as some superstar,like KG/Duncan

all the best