PDA

View Full Version : Can DeAndre Jordan get some love?

m26555
01-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Obviously, he is severely overshadowed by that other big guy that plays for the Clippers, but Jordan deserves some attention. His numbers might not blow you away at first glance (6.8 points and 7.2 rebounds per game), but the guy is shooting 68% from the floor. That is just unreal, regardless of the fact that most of his points come off garbage buckets. He is also steadily improving month-to-month:

October/November: 5.2 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 1.1 BPG
December: 7.9 PPG, 8.3 RPG, 1.7 BPG
January: 8.6 PPG, 11.3 RPG, 2.7 BPG

The Clips are gonna have one hell of a frontcourt for years to come.

footballer2369
01-17-2011, 09:40 PM
He's decent.

m26555
01-17-2011, 09:41 PM
He's decent.
He's better than decent. This kid is probably going to be putting up 15 and 12 within the next year or two.

thekmp211
01-17-2011, 09:44 PM
he's a solid player, nice compliment to griffin with his size and defense. i remember there was a time where he was projected to be a top 5 pick based on talent before his raw game in college made him slip to the second round.

certainly a better fit for now and than future than kaman, who LA needs to dump on someone ASAP.

Gators123
01-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Hes got a bright future, I like watching him play.

CountSackula
01-17-2011, 09:51 PM
His emergence has played a huge part in this Clipper run. I think that Kaman is as good as gone now.

AI4MVP
01-17-2011, 09:53 PM
ive always been a huge deandre jordan fan.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-17-2011, 09:53 PM
I wanted this guy to slip to the Raptors when we had the 41st in the 2008 draft.

I've wanted for BC to get him since.

He's a raw player but he's very athletic and can be a defensive beast.

He's a guy I want beside Bargnani.

Ragun
01-17-2011, 09:54 PM
He's better than decent. This kid is probably going to be putting up 15 and 12 within the next year or two.

15 ppg is a stretch IMO. maybe 10...he has to make A LOT of improvements on offense, including his FT shooting.

Hellcrooner
01-17-2011, 09:55 PM
why would he want some love?
he is got Griffin.

black1605
01-17-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm still disappointed the Bobcats passed on him for Alexis Ajinca, but then again, the entire league passed up on him at least once.

Bulls_fan90
01-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Does his contract expire after this season? I remember i wanted the Bulls to draft him after he slipped into the 2nd round.

GeekInThePink
01-17-2011, 10:04 PM
He's no all-star, but he's going to have a solid career.

Dodgers99
01-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Does his contract expire after this season? I remember i wanted the Bulls to draft him after he slipped into the 2nd round.

Yes. But obviously, the Clippers can match.

td0tsfinest
01-17-2011, 10:12 PM
He's definitely getting some love. You are already hearing about teams that will try to pursue him this off-season.

This is a guy, who a lot like Hassan Whiteside, was considered a lottery pick at one point and fell all the way to the second round. He's a big body who's got the ability to be a solid stopper in this league.

Khalifa21
01-17-2011, 10:15 PM
The Clips need to trade Kaman for picks, expirings.. Literally anything they can get.

This team can go places led by Griffin with Gordon as his sidekick. If Baron can continue to play like he has in the last 10 games or so, they are a very good team.

A future starting 5 of:

PG: Eric Bledsoe
SG: Eric Gordon
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu
PF: Blake Griffin
C: DeAndre Jordan

Could be deadly in three years... Maybe sooner.

Hellcrooner
01-17-2011, 10:16 PM
The Clips need to trade Kaman for picks, expirings.. Literally anything they can get.

This team can go places led by Griffin with Gordon as his sidekick. If Baron can continue to play like he has in the last 10 games or so, they are a very good team.

A future starting 5 of:

thats waht they though when they had Miller, richardson, maggette, Miles, Odom, Brand.

didnt work out exactly as planed-

thekmp211
01-17-2011, 10:25 PM
thats waht they though when they had Miller, richardson, maggette, Miles, Odom, Brand.

very true, but none of those guys are on griffins level. time has proven q, miles and maggette to be overrated as well, so it's up to the young guys like bledsoe and aminu to step up and become legit starting-caliber players.

its very difficult to build from the ground up with just draft picks.

justinnum1
01-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Who?

just kidding, he's pretty good, would be a great fit on miami

Swashcuff
01-17-2011, 10:29 PM

A future starting 5 of:

I think the wiser thing to do may be to trade him for a a player such as Gerald Wallace or maybe Andre Iguodala. Veteran wings who can both come in and produce on both ends of the floor and be leaders on and off the court. Wallace may be the ideal player in this instance.

Note: these are just suggestions I honestly don't think Iggy would be the best fit in the world for that team, but his youth, athleticism, handles and defense would be very beneficial to Clips.

h2r09
01-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Ive always liked him and remember when he was talked about as a potential top 5 pick in the beginning of the season in the year the heat sucked. He always has had the tools and the frame but he is beginning to put it together.

I think the clippers as a whole can be the next thunder or the next blazers depending on how they develop the talent. Griffin is going to become a legit, bonafide superstar, we all can see that, but it will all depend if the other guys can develop complementary games.

To me, the key is the development of the rest of Eric Gordons game and the development of ERic Bledsoe's game.

Eric Gordon is a great scorer, but if he can develop into more of a well rounded game he can become an actual great player and not another Ben Gordon type.

ERic Bledsoe is the real key though. HE was extremely highly touted coming out of high school and played behind John wall, but for some reason decided to take his extremely raw game to the nba and become a developmental guy for a year or so. BUt when he started earlier in the year he put up 10, 6 and 4 and a steal on 50% shooting. I can see a lot of russell westbrook in him and if so this team will be a contender for years.

Hard to believe but I think the clippers are becoming my 2nd favorite team.

They need 1 more wing guy to be a great team though. Id try to trade baron davis and kaman though for a combo of picks and role players.

Khalifa21
01-17-2011, 11:06 PM
I think the wiser thing to do may be to trade him for a a player such as Gerald Wallace or maybe Andre Iguodala. Veteran wings who can both come in and produce on both ends of the floor and be leaders on and off the court. Wallace may be the ideal player in this instance.

Note: these are just suggestions I honestly don't think Iggy would be the best fit in the world for that team, but his youth, athleticism, handles and defense would be very beneficial to Clips.

Gerald Wallace would be the perfect fit... Great suggestion.

A Chris Kaman for Gerald Wallace swap with maybe a first going along with Kaman.

The Bobcats wanna shed some salary. They get a similar contract but 1 year shorter in Kaman (expires in 2012). They need a proper post presence inside and he could rejuvenate his career in Charlotte. If not he becomes a nice expiring next season. Throw in the first rounder to sweeten the deal for the Bobcats.

PG: Baron Davis
SF: Gerald Wallace

Very nice.

Sixerlover
01-17-2011, 11:26 PM

A future starting 5 of:

Donald Sterling would never pay the money to keep all 5 of them. At least 2 would leave when they're numbers were called in FA.

mttwlsn16
01-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Donald Sterling would never pay the money to keep all 5 of them. At least 2 would leave when they're numbers were called in FA.

disagree...hes old and wants one final run so people remember something other than the lawsuits and racism about him. he will pony up the cash to keep this team together. even DTS isnt dumb enough to let any of these kids walk

ElMarroAfamado
01-18-2011, 12:28 AM
He reminds me of Tyson Chandler...all he pretty much does is dunk...and before this season he wasnt a very good anything....this year though hes become a defensive force...hes blocking shots, hes rebounding, he is finishing a little better around the hoop I give him credit the guy has really improved and plays great alongside Blake at this point I think Kaman is expendable because of DeAndre

Sixerlover
01-18-2011, 12:33 AM
disagree...hes old and wants one final run so people remember something other than the lawsuits and racism about him. he will pony up the cash to keep this team together. even DTS isnt dumb enough to let any of these kids walk

After YEARS of Sterling making the wrong choice when it comes to what the fans want, I'll believe it when I see it.

And things like that don't happen anyway. No team resigns 5 young players to big deals and play together for 5+ years. It's a good thought, but doesn't happen. 3 players MAXIMUM.

h2r09
01-18-2011, 12:38 AM
He reminds me of Tyson Chandler...all he pretty much does is dunk...and before this season he wasnt a very good anything....this year though hes become a defensive force...hes blocking shots, hes rebounding, he is finishing a little better around the hoop I give him credit the guy has really improved and plays great alongside Blake at this point I think Kaman is expendable because of DeAndre

and hes easily 10x better than lebron too.

right?

mttwlsn16
01-18-2011, 12:44 AM
^ what does that have to do with anything. He made ZERO mention of lebron in his post

Chronz
01-18-2011, 12:45 AM

Uhh they never had Miles and Miller, besides this time they actually have the talent behind the potential.

After YEARS of Sterling making the wrong choice when it comes to what the fans want, I'll believe it when I see it.

And things like that don't happen anyway. No team resigns 5 young players to big deals and play together for 5+ years. It's a good thought, but doesn't happen. 3 players MAXIMUM.
Sterling has been trying to keep his players for awhile now. The days of letting talent go out the door are over. They will need to dump salary but retaining the frontcourt core and EG for the next decade isnt out of the question.

To me, the key is the development of the rest of Eric Gordons game and the development of ERic Bledsoe's game.

Eric Gordon is a great scorer, but if he can develop into more of a well rounded game he can become an actual great player and not another Ben Gordon type.

EG is already a great defender with a decent all around game, hes nothing like Ben Gordon

A year ago we were all hoping for that kind of outcome

mttwlsn16
01-18-2011, 12:47 AM

Bledsoe/Aminu as of now arent big deals. Blake and EJ obviously and no way DJ gets a max deal...Gordon/Griffin seem the type who could do like...i hate to say it...the heat guys did and take a little less cash to contend for a title. But thats just IMO, no disrespect to either of your posts...im a wishful clipper fan :)

JermanJaysFan
01-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Yeah, he's been beasting recently.

Gotta learn to shoot a ****ing free throw, though.

iFYouSeekAmy
01-18-2011, 12:53 AM
He's a beast. That's all there is to it.

ThuglifeJ
01-18-2011, 12:56 AM
I agree this guy never disapoints me wen i watch for a no name.

PrettyBoyJ
01-18-2011, 01:01 AM
Yeah He's quietly have a good year, and he compliments Blake more then Kaman does

PrestigeWldWde
01-18-2011, 01:21 AM

WHOOOOAAAAAAAAA...slow down there guy. He's putting up the numbers he has now because he has a top 5 PF playing next to him (and they STILL aren't that great). Griffin draws ALL of the attention from him. I think he's a decent player, and extremely athletic. Actually, there is not another PF/C combo that is as athletic as Griffin/Jordan. DeAndre has no low post game or mid-range jumpshot whatsoever and will never be a main threat on offense. Now defensively, that's where his value is. I think his ceiling is Tyson Chandler, a solid player with his value coming mostly on defense and the offensive glass.

mttwlsn16
01-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Yeah He's quietly have a good year, and he compliments Blake more then Kaman does

im no knicks fan but u my friend have a beautiful sig

goblazers7
01-18-2011, 01:27 AM
May we bring up his FT%?

Tony_Starks
01-18-2011, 01:28 AM
Jordan is really turning into a nice player. People are forgetting this is the first really consistent significant playing time he's getting. He'll never be an offensively skilled player but with some work I see his ceiling as more of a Noah type. But his running the floor and athleticism is rare for a legit C.

they need to ship Kaman out of town asap btw.......

beasted86
01-18-2011, 01:43 AM
Love the progress he's made.... nonetheless... he's still foul trouble waiting to happen.

But I'd love the Heat to throw the full mid-level at him summertime anyway if the Clips don't want him.

WHODAT8o8
01-18-2011, 01:58 AM
a beast in the making

m26555
01-18-2011, 12:03 PM
WHOOOOAAAAAAAAA...slow down there guy. He's putting up the numbers he has now because he has a top 5 PF playing next to him (and they STILL aren't that great). Griffin draws ALL of the attention from him. I think he's a decent player, and extremely athletic. Actually, there is not another PF/C combo that is as athletic as Griffin/Jordan. DeAndre has no low post game or mid-range jumpshot whatsoever and will never be a main threat on offense. Now defensively, that's where his value is. I think his ceiling is Tyson Chandler, a solid player with his value coming mostly on defense and the offensive glass.
And who is to say he won't be playing next to Griffin for a long while? Also, Chandler once put up 12 and 12 in a season, so I really don't see how saying Jordan might put up 15 and 12 soon calls for a "WHOOOOOAAAAAA."

PrestigeWldWde
01-18-2011, 04:37 PM
And who is to say he won't be playing next to Griffin for a long while? Also, Chandler once put up 12 and 12 in a season, so I really don't see how saying Jordan might put up 15 and 12 soon calls for a "WHOOOOOAAAAAA."

Really? Because he has one good season in 10 years, he's all of a sudden a 12&12 guy? Don't make Chandler bigger than he is. His career averages per season of 8.1 points and 8.8 rebounds paint the big picture. He is a solid player and Jordan has a lot more to prove.