PDA

View Full Version : Melo doesn't want to meet Nets or anyone, "I am a Denver Nugget."

Pages : [1] 2

LTBaByyy
01-17-2011, 12:35 PM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/27107122?source=rss_blogs_NBA

So he doesnt want to atleast meet the Nets and he doesnt want to sign the Nuggets extension to stay with them

The Nuggets are gonna come up with nothing bc I have a feeing he is gonna wait til summer and sign with NY

Thats kind of messed up bc the Nuggets are trying to atleast get assets

SteBO
01-17-2011, 12:40 PM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/27107122?source=rss_blogs_NBA

So he doesnt want to atleast meet the Nets and he doesnt want to sign the Nuggets extension to stay with them

The Nuggets are gonna come up with nothing bc I have a feeing he is gonna wait til summer and sign with NY

Melo's really coming off like a d-bag. He's getting worse than LeBron, and he needs to stfu and let Nuggets management do their job. He's pissing me off.

bovice163
01-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Melo is starting to look like another one of those primadonnas that is completely content on creating another super team and taking the easy way out. What the **** happened to basketball players nowadays? It's glaringly obvious that he isn't going to be a Denver Nugget for long. He needs to just man up, take his talents to New Jersey and try to win a ship for himself eventually, if that really is his motivation.

marlinsfan24
01-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Melo, STFU!

Avenged
01-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Drama, drama, drama..

If you're not planning on resigning, let them trade you so they can get some value. Why **** that franchise over?

Mishmin
Melo's really coming off like a d-bag. He's getting worse than LeBron, and he needs to stfu and let Nuggets management do their job. He's pissing me off.

Nah man. He's not creating all this hype- that's the ****in media doing that. It's like Mtv with all the hype through espn and nba.com. Melo signed a contract, and he's committed to finishing that contract. When it's finished, he will look for a new contract, like the way of any job. How Denver reacts with trades is up to them, but what he's doing is all within his right.

marlinsfan24
Melo is starting to look like another one of those primadonnas that is completely content on creating another super team and taking the easy way out. What the **** happened to basketball players nowadays? It's glaringly obvious that he isn't going to be a Denver Nugget for long. He needs to just man up, take his talents to New Jersey and try to win a ship for himself eventually, if that really is his motivation.

I like how you say their taking the easy way out and then you probably don't even see them winning this season or next. Yup, that's the easy way out.

SteBO
01-17-2011, 12:47 PM
And it's a shame too, because Denver is trying to get good assets and picks for him. Melo's being an ***, and it's getting worse than 'Bron, maybe.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 12:47 PM
If Melo ends up playing out the year, terminating his deal, and signing with the Knicks, he moves way beyond LeBron people.

Just because he didn't get traded to the team he desires, he pulls a move like that? Its moves like this that cause the average basketball fan to just stop watching quite honestly.

thekmp211
01-17-2011, 12:48 PM
the worst part is the best team available for him to play on (with interest in his services) is denver. what a moron.

nickdymez
01-17-2011, 12:49 PM

No, he's not getting worse than Lebron... Stop trying to deflect

SteBO
01-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Nah man. He's not creating all this hype- that's the ****in media doing that. It's like Mtv with all the hype through espn and nba.com. Melo signed a contract, and he's committed to finishing that contract. When it's finished, he will look for a new contract, like the way of any job. How Denver reacts with trades is up to them, but what he's doing is all within his right.
Ok. But i don't want too many superteams, it's going to get out of control. Doesn't matter though, because 'Melo aint winning anything going to NY. If he cared about winning, he'd go to Chicago.

SNYmets86
01-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I agree that he likes the attention, i think its desired. Putting your name out there with all this talk raises your value (obviously not from a contract stand point but also from a marketability stand point). Lebrons crew tries to capture this type of marketability but took it too far and got the reverse affect. Melo is walking a thin line but i still think he is on the right side of the line. Regardless of where he goes, I think he is going to be ok.

SteBO
01-17-2011, 12:51 PM
I reiterated and said in a later post that he may be getting worse. Nothing's happened yet, bt Melo's a douche and he's becoming the next LeBron.

pd1dish

thats right...no matter what carmelo wants/does, it is not up to him when it comes to a trade. he has no say in what team the nuggets trade him to. the nets wanted to meet with melo probably to see if hed be willing to sign an extension with them. they got their answer when he said he wouldnt meet with the nets FO.

Weezy
Ok. But i don't want too many superteams, it's going to get out of control. Doesn't matter though, because 'Melo aint winning anything going to NY. If he cared about winning, he'd go to Chicago.

Chicago doesn't have cap space......

Ray_R
SO he is just going to play out his contract?

Hawkeye15
And it's a shame too, because Denver is trying to get good assets and picks for him. Melo's being an ***, and it's getting worse than 'Bron, maybe.

Maybe???? Um, LeBron made a classless decision with "The Decision", but not once did he ever publically demand a trade, or whine about his best interests. If Melo goes thru with demanding a trade knowing he had full leverage, only to take the demand off the table even though EVERYONE in the universe knows he doesn't intend to stay with the Nuggets, he is far worse than LeBron in my eyes.
He is literally saying F U to the Nuggest at this point. And he is doing it while suiting up for them and collecting his $210,000 a game from them while everyone in the organization knows he doesn't give a **** about them.

Melo will become my least favorite player if this is how it all goes down.

bovice163
01-17-2011, 12:52 PM
I like how you say their taking the easy way out and then you probably don't even see them winning this season or next. Yup, that's the easy way out.

It was a general observation. So what you're saying is that teaming up with a top 10 player in Amare instead of building around Melo, is the harder path to a championship? I want to see competitors in basketball like they used to be: Alpha dogs who won't settle until they beat the best and win it all. The NBA is becoming more of a soap opera each and every day, where these NBA stars wanna team up with their buddies and create unnecessary drama, rather than to create their own legacy.

metsfanssince05
lol wut :rolleyes: .

marlinsfan24
I reiterated and said in a later post that he may be getting worse. Nothing's happened yet, bt Melo's a douche and he's becoming the next LeBron.

He hates Lebron and the Heat, he'll never admit it dude.

Rockets4Life
01-17-2011, 12:53 PM

I agree. I think Melo is not in the wrong here. He is a Denver Nugget right now. Why should he go and talk to the Nets when he is a nugget. He is not asking to get traded. All he is doing is playing out this contract and then going to sign to whereever he feels like going. Its a business, but some fans look at it as a family and expect Melo to owe something back to them when he doesnt have too. If the Nuggets want to trade him, then they should but they shouldnt expect Melo to go do an interview with the Nets while he is still in his nugget contract. Melo is in the right here!

Hawkeye15

If it goes down like this, you better believe what he is doing is far worse than LeBron ever did. LJ stayed until the end of his deal without ever complaining. And then he left via free agency. Nothing wrong with that in the slightest.

1978JETS
Drama, drama, drama..

If you're not planning on resigning, let them trade you so they can get some value. Why **** that franchise over?

Carmelo is such an a8shole. Anthony is going to be an unrestricted free agent. He should sign an extension with whatever team Nuggets management wants him to. The same management that refuses to talk trade with the team he wants to go to just out of spite! FFFFFUUUUUU Carmelo

Weezy
01-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Maybe???? Um, LeBron made a classless decision with "The Decision", but not once did he ever publically demand a trade, or whine about his best interests. If Melo goes thru with demanding a trade knowing he had full leverage, only to take the demand off the table even though EVERYONE in the universe knows he doesn't intend to stay with the Nuggets, he is far worse than LeBron in my eyes.
He is literally saying F U to the Nuggest at this point. And he is doing it while suiting up for them and collecting his $210,000 a game from them while everyone in the organization knows he doesn't give a **** about them.

Melo will become my least favorite player if this is how it all goes down.

Is there one quote anywhere you can find that he said I want to be traded now?

SNYmets86
01-17-2011, 12:55 PM
LMAO @ people saying melo is doing worse then what lebron did haha

Weezy
01-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Anyways.. this drama is getting outta hand. Denver might have to end up trading to whatever Melo demands just so Nuggets aren't left with nothing which I do see happening, imo, before deadline.

Hawkeye15

don't know, don't care. Its been obvious he is attempting to force a trade for a while now, if you can't see that, I have no idea what news outlets you have been reading.

metsfanssince05
If it goes down like this, you better believe what he is doing is far worse than LeBron ever did. LJ stayed until the end of his deal without ever complaining. And then he left via free agency. Nothing wrong with that in the slightest.
I dont think any one could beat Lebron of what he did, a live show just to rub it in the Cav face that hes signing with the Heat after all those years. If he just signed with the Heat without the "Decision" I dont think he wont be so hated. But thats my opinion and thats yours.

SteBO
01-17-2011, 12:57 PM
No, he never said it, bt saying I'm not meeting with NJ, tells me he's trying to force Nuggets management to deal with the Knicks and send him there. That's where he'll end up imo.

Hawkeye15
LMAO @ people saying melo is doing worse then what lebron did haha

anytime a guy demands a trade and leaves, its worse than a guy leaving after he is unemployed technically (that is free agency in many cases) and he signs with another team with no restrictions. Pretty simple

Knickrocketsfan

when did melo complain? He is such a douche bag because he does not want to be forced to sign an extension where he does not want to play. Yea:facepalm: Cleveland should have traded lebron and then said to him u have to sign the extension where ever we trade you.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Mishmin
01-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Melo has to understand he's not helping the nuggets on this, but they're treating it like a business, and so is he. He wants to go to the knicks, and he can make that happen. Business.

Weezy
01-17-2011, 12:58 PM
don't know, don't care. Its been obvious he is attempting to force a trade for a while now, if you can't see that, I have no idea what news outlets you have been reading.

All he has done is denied an extension lol.... if Lebron had an extension... this same fiasco would happen... but he didn't. Lebron has his show.. not sure how Melo is worse. I have never seen an act that Lebron pulled in my life.

Players always demand trades but they need to have an agreement with management. Sorta like the KG situation. I am sure Melo and management, in the end, would work something out.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 12:59 PM
I dont think any one could beat Lebron of what he did, a live show just to rub it in the Cav face that hes signing with the Heat after all those years. If he just signed with the Heat without the "Decision" I dont think he wont be so hated. But thats my opinion and thats yours.

as I said, any player who leaves via trade demand, is worse than a player who leaves via free agency. LeBron completed his contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Melo is out there making $210,000 a game to play for a team and with a locker room full of guys who know he could care less about them.
That is worse.

SteBO
01-17-2011, 12:59 PM
That is nice coming from a bandwagon fair weather heat fan
This is nice coming from a dumbass Knick fan with no knowledge of the game. If you want, you can view my profile and it'll tell you where I'm from. If you can't post anything sensible, don't post because come off as a ****** idiot. This post may be banned, bt I feel a lot better now. K ;)

Weezy
01-17-2011, 01:00 PM
No, he never said it, bt saying I'm not meeting with NJ, tells me he's trying to force Nuggets management to deal with the Knicks and send him there. That's where he'll end up imo.

LOL he said that okay? Wasnt this obvious like a year ago? Its amazing people find it just soo amazing now. What is this the Maury show? We weren't waiting for no results. We already knew this was going to happen.

Sadds The Gr8
01-17-2011, 01:00 PM
no matter what Melo does, he'll never be bashed as badly as Lebron because he's not nearly as popular or "iconic", so not many will really care outside hardcore NBA fans. And he's not hated already, so people will just find an excuse to say what Lebron did was worse.

bovice163
01-17-2011, 01:01 PM
when did melo complain? He is such a douche bag because he does not want to be forced to sign an extension where he does not want to play. Yea:facepalm: Cleveland should have traded lebron and then said to him u have to sign the extension where ever we trade you.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

That's exactly the thing people don't understand though. It's not about where Melo wants to go, it's about where the FO could possibly send him, and get the best package they could from whatever team wants him. It doesn't matter to them whether or not he signs the extension.

Hawkeye15

so its of your opinion, and many of you, that this is all media driven, and Melo has never said a word?

mmkay

And what does LJ have to do with it? he did his time in Cleveland, and left after his contract expired. Happens all the time. I understand its wrong for HIM to do it because he is the best player in the world, but didn't your PF do it as well?

$KnicksAndKobe$
Lebron made a 1 hour special teasing with Knicks, Cavs, Bulls, and Nets fans. He basically made a f u show to Cleveland.

Melo is denying an extension, many players do this, that is all.

jimm120

Drama, drama, drama..

WHOA EHOA EHOA WHOA!

What are you talking about?@? Are you really saying that "just" so Denver can get picks, that he HAS to agree to an extension with some other team?!?

Denver has the right to trade him whenever they want.

They are a winning team. They should keep Melo and compete. But instead, they just want to trade him. That just guarantees that the player will have ill feelings come free agency and won't re-sign with the team.

But back to the responses.

Melo DOES NOT HAVE A NO-TRADE CLAUSE.
Denver can send him away whenever they want, if they choose to.

Are you really saying that its bad that he refuses the extension? Hell no! Denver can still trade him without the extension. The receiving team can accept the trade without the extension.

I'm sorry, but the whole point of free agency is to pick where you want to go next and for your curren team to finally be rid of your contract.

You guys are saying that Melo is a bad person to refuse to commit for 3 1/2 years to the team that Denver wants.

That's just not so.

SteBO
01-17-2011, 01:02 PM
LOL he said that okay? Wasnt this obvious like a year ago? Its amazing people find it just soo amazing now. What is this the Maury show? We weren't waiting for no results. We already knew this was going to happen.
I know. I did too. Nobody listened to me then, bt it's good to know that someone agrees with me.

Weezy
01-17-2011, 01:03 PM
I just don't understand... this is business... Denver will end up working things out with Melo so they can get some value. Once there is a settlement made between the two parties.. its done. Is it really Melo's job to talk these front office people? NO. He is a player.. his job has Hawkeye said get 210k a game, to play ball. Not get involved in all this business garbage. Thats the Denver's FO job.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Melo has to understand he's not helping the nuggets on this, but they're treating it like a business, and so is he. He wants to go to the knicks, and he can make that happen. Business.

then he should have stfu, played this season, and left next summer.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-17-2011, 01:04 PM
so its of your opinion, and many of you, that this is all media driven, and Melo has never said a word?

mmkay

And what does LJ have to do with it? he did his time in Cleveland, and left after his contract expired. Happens all the time. I understand its wrong for HIM to do it because he is the best player in the world, but didn't your PF do it as well?

Our PF did not make a 1 hour show teasing most of the NBA. Which is the reason Lebron is hated.

Denver wants to trade Melo because they feel like he will opt out and sign with another team, which is the same right that a FA player has to sign with another team.

Another reason Denver is doing this is because of what happened to Cleveland.

Hawkeye15
I just don't understand... this is business... Denver will end up working things out with Melo so they can get some value. Once there is a settlement made between the two parties.. its done. Is it really Melo's job to talk these front office people? NO. He is a player.. his job has Hawkeye said get 210k a game, to play ball. Not get involved in all this business garbage. Thats the Denver's FO job.

but if these rumors are true, he is dictating who Denver can do business with. That isn't fair the Denver.

Weezy

Again.. for FO to meet with him.. not his job. He doesn't want to meet with anyone. He is under contract as ball player not a businessman.

SteBO
01-17-2011, 01:05 PM
but if these rumors are true, he is dictating who Denver can do business with. That isn't fair the Denver.
Exactly.

Hawkeye15
Our PF did not make a 1 hour show teasing most of the NBA. Which is the reason Lebron is hated.

Denver wants to trade Melo because they feel like he will opt out and sign with another team, which is the same right that a FA player has to sign with another team.

Another reason Denver is doing this is because of what happened to Cleveland.

so? He still did the exact same thing when you break it down to the foundation. I understand a player of LeBron's caliber is going to suffer much more scrutiny in every single thing they do, but as a mature adult, you have to look past it all and say, "The dude played his deal out and left. If his prior management wasn't so horrible, the team wouldn't be in the gutter for the next 5 years".

_Supreme_
Once again this thread's title is quite misleading when reading the actual article.

The only thing Melo said is:

- that he wasn't aware he was being allowed to talk to anybody.

- that he doesn't think such permission has actually been given.

- that he thinks the talking should be done by (his & the teams') management.

Looks to me as if he is just uncomfortable with the legalities involved in any such talks and rather has his people do that talking for him.

And getting tired of the endless questioning about this from the media and everybody, can anyone blame him for that really?

oak2455
01-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Carmelo is such an a8shole. Anthony is going to be an unrestricted free agent. He should sign an extension with whatever team Nuggets management wants him to. The same management that refuses to talk trade with the team he wants to go to just out of spite! FFFFFUUUUUU Carmelo

hes a FA after this year why should he sign with a team that he doesnt want to sign with:confused::confused::confused::confused: if you have job offers.. do you go where you want to go or go where your old employer tells you to go:confused:

Weezy

You're right but each player has their own demands especially if there is such a big contract on the table. Both parties just have to come down to a settlement and agree upon it. Business just can't always be fair for everyone unfortunately but I guess thats the real world for ya.

Put yourself in his position.. would you want to play in NJ for next 3-4 yrs if you dont want to and your heart is just not settled with it? Agreeing with a new contract is basically the same as becoming a FA and choosing what team to go to.

I'm sorry its just really hard for me to see him going as low as LBJ's path.

Hawkeye15
Again.. for FO to meet with him.. not his job. He doesn't want to meet with anyone. He is under contract as ball player not a businessman.

refer back to my statement. Stfu and play Melo.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-17-2011, 01:07 PM

Melo has not asked Denver to do anything. The only true rumors are his comments about praising New York, which all players do, and which Lebron DID.

netsgiantsyanks
if you were a denver nugget and were true to the team, you would of signed the extension 3 months ago and this **** wouldnt be happening. dumbass :pity:

jimm120

Dude.

LeBron left on a PRIMETIME slot and had not informed the team during free agency. That is all Lebron did wrong.

Melo isn't even ASKING for a trade. Others have stated this and you seem to ignore the fact.

You also seem to ignore the fact that Denver is trying to FORCE him to sign an extension.

It is up to the player to sign new contracts and extensions, not the team.

Denver can trade him if they want. Melo doesn't have ANY say on where they go.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Done with this. I will hold my opinion of Melo, and this situation, until its completely resolved. I haven't offered my opinions in 99% of the constant Melo threads out there (quite honestly because he isn't good enough to worry about turning a team into a contender alone), and you won't see it again until this is all resolved and we see how everything went down.

jimm120
01-17-2011, 01:09 PM

DENVER is trying to force a trade, no Melo.

But the problem is denver is trying to force a trade while getting him to sign ane extension

metsfanssince05
01-17-2011, 01:09 PM
if you were a denver nugget and were true to the team, you would of signed the extension 3 months ago and this **** wouldnt be happening. dumbass :pity:
The problem with this is..... He doesnt want to be a nugget. If he wanted to stay he would of signed then...

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-17-2011, 01:10 PM
so? He still did the exact same thing when you break it down to the foundation. I understand a player of LeBron's caliber is going to suffer much more scrutiny in every single thing they do, but as a mature adult, you have to look past it all and say, "The dude played his deal out and left. If his prior management wasn't so horrible, the team wouldn't be in the gutter for the next 5 years".

I'm trying to say, Lebron is not hated because of his and every players right to go to another team if they are a FA, he is hated because of his bad decision with "The Decision".

Lebron had all the right to leave, no problem.
Melo has all the right to not accept an extension or opt out to become a FA.

Mishmin

The dude's trying to just play it out. That's exactly what he would want to do, is play it out and go during the summer. But then you got local newscasters coming up to you and telling you you got traded, etc... Not saying he's got it tough right now, but so much ******** is swirling around his head right now from the rest of the sports-obsessed media. He said he didn't want to sign a contract with denver, that's it. Fine. So people are asking him 10 times a day, do you want a trade, and he's got to be stoic every answer. Plead the fifth for the whole season. Maybe one of those times out of a hundred, melo says "well, I wouldn't be against a trade, alright" No all these sights are blasting- Melo's pushing for a trade today!" All a bunch of nonsense man. People get their feelings hurt to easily. Let him play out his contract, and if they don't want tough answers, stop putting him on trial.

Weezy
One thing I do believe Melo is being ******** with is he should just tell management much earlier about his desires about where he wants to go and let management do their business. But it seems like he is never contacting with the Denver's FO because they are so busy settling a deal with NJ. I find it quite confusing and questioning with that professionalism.

Phenomenonsense
01-17-2011, 01:14 PM
I don't understand how anything 'isn't fair to Denver.' On a contractual agreement, Melo has no problem fulfilling his terms. He will play until the end of the year, but he will not sign an extension. Nothing wrong with that. So Denver, losing the superstar, has to try to trade him for SOME value versus letting him walk for free. Melo, again, doesn't mind this, however OTHER teams want to hear from Melo that he will sign an extension. Him not wanting to sign an extension isn't 'handcuffing' Denver, it is Melo not signing with a team he wouldn't sign with during the offseason.

Dade County

thats right...no matter what carmelo wants/does, it is not up to him when it comes to a trade. he has no say in what team the nuggets trade him to. the nets wanted to meet with melo probably to see if hed be willing to sign an extension with them. they got their answer when he said he wouldnt meet with the nets FO.

I agree. I think Melo is not in the wrong here. He is a Denver Nugget right now. Why should he go and talk to the Nets when he is a nugget. He is not asking to get traded. All he is doing is playing out this contract and then going to sign to whereever he feels like going. Its a business, but some fans look at it as a family and expect Melo to owe something back to them when he doesnt have too. If the Nuggets want to trade him, then they should but they shouldnt expect Melo to go do an interview with the Nets while he is still in his nugget contract. Melo is in the right here!

Thank you :clap:

Just because he does not want to meet with the Nets, some of you guys are crushing him. He wants to be a free agent and way his options, whats wrong with that.

Some of you guys want him to shut up, and get traded to the Nets (so Denver gets something); Melo is warning them loud and clear, you trade for me, theirs a very BIG chance that I will not resign with you, and that would F'up the Nets franchise for a very long time.

So Denver wins but the Nets get burn. Some of you guys are on crack.

Mishmin
and for the record, not anything like lebron

jimm120
01-17-2011, 01:15 PM
as I said, any player who leaves via trade demand, is worse than a player who leaves via free agency. LeBron completed his contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Melo is out there making $210,000 a game to play for a team and with a locker room full of guys who know he could care less about them.
That is worse.

mmkay

You don't seem to understand, he is NOT dictating where they send him.

Denver can send him to the Clips for Baron Davis if they want. They can send him to Portland for Roy.

Truth is, they want the "best package" and the onlyw ay they get that is if he signs an extension.

But it is his right to not sign the extension.

Oh, as for your "worse than Lebron"...Melo would have EASILY played out the season. He's never said "trade me". But Denver paniced and opted to trade him.

masTOR_shake1
01-17-2011, 01:16 PM

Melo just wants to go where he is happy. Easy for you to say / strange that a heat fan would say something like that.

hotpotato1092
Even as a Knicks fan I think he should meet with the Nets just to be polite.

Knickrocketsfan
This is nice coming from a dumbass Knick fan with no knowledge of the game. If you want, you can view my profile and it'll tell you where I'm from. If you can't post anything sensible, don't post because come off as a ****** idiot. This post may be banned, bt I feel a lot better now. K ;)

:facepalm: nice comeback using profanity to try to get your point across real classy.:p

Weezy
I don't understand how anything 'isn't fair to Denver.' On a contractual agreement, Melo has no problem fulfilling his terms. He will play until the end of the year, but he will not sign an extension. Nothing wrong with that. So Denver, losing the superstar, has to try to trade him for SOME value versus letting him walk for free. Melo, again, doesn't mind this, however OTHER teams want to hear from Melo that he will sign an extension. Him not wanting to sign an extension isn't 'handcuffing' Denver, it is Melo not signing with a team he wouldn't sign with during the offseason.

Good post, I agree. The extension is basically like agreeing to a contract in FA, he does have the right.

Weezy
01-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Even as a Knicks fan I think he should meet with the Nets just to be polite.

That's what Lebron did....... IN Free Agency... not during an NBA season. See the difference at all?

SteBO
01-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Melo just wants to go where he is happy. Easy for you to say / strange that a heat fan would say something like that.
It's strange for me say this because you've probably only come across HEAT fans sipping their own koolaid and coming off as arrogant a-holes. I don't like what LBJ did, even if he is on my team. So I understand if it's strange coming from me. Don't worry about it.

_Supreme_
01-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Melo didn't even say he doesn't want to meet the Nets because he isn't interested in them. That is not what the article says.

READ the damn article.

We are having one of these threads again, and most comments that are being made are based on a completely false assumption.

ComputerGuy
01-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Carmelo does not want to play for the Nets!!! Would you. He signed a contract and is keeping up his end of the agreement. Give him a break.

king4day
01-17-2011, 01:23 PM
It may well become worse than the lebron thing aside from the Decision.
He's gotta shut his mouth. Don't answer anything trade related. Tell the Nuggets where he will sign an extension and let the Nuggets brass go to work.

Lebron never made it public that he had no intention on staying with the Cavs. But if I'm a Nuggets fan, this has to be painful. I can't imagine how I'd feel if this was happening with the Suns and Nash.

ne3xchamps
01-17-2011, 01:26 PM

I think most of his motivation of going to NY is because he is from brooklyn. And also to create another superteam! LOL

SteBO
01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
I think most of his motivation of going to NY is because he is from brooklyn. And also to create another superteam! LOL
This is true. He is an east coast guy. But it looks like he's dead set on creating another superteam. It's good for the NY-Miami rivalry, bt it makes the NBA a little too predictable.

Avenged
01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
WHOA EHOA EHOA WHOA!

What are you talking about?@? Are you really saying that "just" so Denver can get picks, that he HAS to agree to an extension with some other team?!?

Denver has the right to trade him whenever they want.

They are a winning team. They should keep Melo and compete. But instead, they just want to trade him. That just guarantees that the player will have ill feelings come free agency and won't re-sign with the team.

But back to the responses.

Melo DOES NOT HAVE A NO-TRADE CLAUSE.
Denver can send him away whenever they want, if they choose to.

Are you really saying that its bad that he refuses the extension? Hell no! Denver can still trade him without the extension. The receiving team can accept the trade without the extension.

I'm sorry, but the whole point of free agency is to pick where you want to go next and for your curren team to finally be rid of your contract.

You guys are saying that Melo is a bad person to refuse to commit for 3 1/2 years to the team that Denver wants.

That's just not so.

I never mentioned any picks or anything of that sort. I said, the Nuggets should trade him so they can get some value in return, which is most likely what's going to happen anyways. But Melo coming out and saying he doesn't want to meet anyone JUST BECAUSE their are some heavy rumors involving him to the Nets is completely classless. Either he wants to stay or he doesn't, but don't go backtracking just because the team he's rumored to go to isn't the one he desires.

Avenged
01-17-2011, 01:29 PM
lol wut :rolleyes: .

Some fans are just scared of a little competition, I for one hope he ends up in NY to give a scare out to Miami and Boston.

Lions #81
01-17-2011, 01:30 PM
The only unfortunate thing to me is how competitive the NBA really could have been. Say lebron went to NJ last offseason. Bosh stays in MIA with wade. Melo goes to the knicks. (Or lebron go to NY and melo to NJ idc.)
Contenders in the west:
Lakers
Spurs
Mavs

East:
Boston
Miami
New jersey
New york

It really could have been a very exciting season and playoffs. But it didn't happen that way anyway.
But o well I have a feeling that the NBA will jus be trash in 5 years anyway. This is why I haven't watched hardly any bball (pistons sucking it up included). Which is to bad because I really love the NBA.

SteBO
01-17-2011, 01:31 PM
I never mentioned any picks or anything of that sort. I said, the Nuggets should trade him so they can get some value in return, which is most likely what's going to happen anyways. But Melo coming out and saying he doesn't want to meet anyone JUST BECAUSE their are some heavy rumors involving him to the Nets is completely classless. Either he wants to stay or he doesn't, but don't go backtracking just because the team he's rumored to go to isn't the one he desires.
This is what I've been saying. Just stfu and play and let the Nuggets do their job. It isn't Melo's job to dictate where he goes while under contract. Leave that to the FO.

203 Uconn LaL
01-17-2011, 01:31 PM
It's simple either trade him where he wants or let him walk simple as that. So what he doesnt want to let the team control his destiny like sports team have been since forever. People act like athletes are suppose to do everything to there liking. Get over yourselfs

Kashmir13579
01-17-2011, 01:32 PM
If Melo ends up playing out the year, terminating his deal, and signing with the Knicks, he moves way beyond LeBron people.

Just because he didn't get traded to the team he desires, he pulls a move like that? Its moves like this that cause the average basketball fan to just stop watching quite honestly.
i disagree. you can't fault him for not wanting to play for the Nets. and lets face it, after what Lebron did, Nuggets were going to try and trade him the minute he left the extension on the table. i don't get what your beef is.

Weezy
01-17-2011, 01:32 PM
This is what I've been saying. Just stfu and play and let the Nuggets do their job. It isn't Melo's job to dictate where he goes while under contract. Leave that to the FO.

What the hell is he dictating? He doesn't want to meet with anybody.. thats what he said. He even said thats the FO's job to do this or even his damn agent... not him.

rapjuicer06
01-17-2011, 01:33 PM
how the hell can you guys say he's being an ***? denver can trade him to wherever they want to. he doesn't have to sign an extension if he doesn't want to. if thats the only way anyone will trade for him then he's in his own right. he has a place where he wants to play. other people become free agents and sign where they want, how come he can't as well? thats total ******** for people to piss on him like this

ne3xchamps
01-17-2011, 01:33 PM
This is true. He is an east coast guy. But it looks like he's dead set on creating another superteam. It's good for the NY-Miami rivalry, bt it makes the NBA a little too predictable.

agreed. if he does go to NY, then this superteam stuff will be WAY out of control.

SteBO
01-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Some fans are just scared of a little competition, I for one hope he ends up in NY to give a scare out to Miami and Boston.
I'm not scared of competition. NY isn't better than Miami with Melo anyway. They'd still need a lot of help, bt that's besides the point. I'm just saying that the NBA becomes too predictable if superteams continue to become the norm, bt as a fan, I'm kinda okay with it. If NY, Miami, Boston, L.A. Lakers, and Chicago are good, the NBA will gain a lot more popularity, therefore making it fun, since they are bigger sports markets.

SteBO
01-17-2011, 01:35 PM
What the hell is he dictating? He doesn't want to meet with anybody.. thats what he said. He even said thats the FO's job to do this or even his damn agent... not him.
Wait.....hold up. I'm trying to agree with you in that it's the FO's job to do what's in their best interest.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Hold up!...
Melo is doing the right thing...he said he only wants to play
in NY...Why trade him to NJ??? They ain't going nowhere
N Heat fans are getting nervous because NY will be the
Better super team..stop tripping ova the guy. All he said was
" I want to play for NY" how hard is it to understand that

If they don't trade him to NY, their gonna end up with
Nothing

Kashmir13579
dude, he didn't open his mouth. he won't sign the extension with Denver and thats all the Denver FO needed to know to try and trade him.

Weezy
Wait.....hold up. I'm trying to agree with you in that it's the FO's job to do what's in their best interest.

yea but I think people are getting outta context by his quote in the article.

yanks08
01-17-2011, 01:37 PM
agreed. if he does go to NY, then this superteam stuff will be WAY out of control.

didnt BOSTON started this super team thing???

KG
Pierce
Allan

SteBO
01-17-2011, 01:37 PM
yea but I think people are getting outta context by his quote in the article.
That happens a lot in this forum.

yanks08
01-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Hold up!...
Melo is doing the right thing...he said he only wants to play
in NY...Why trade him to NJ??? They ain't going nowhere
N Heat fans are getting nervous because NY will be the
Better super team..stop tripping ova the guy. All he said was
" I want to play for NY" how hard is it to understand that

If they don't trade him to NY, their gonna end up with
Nothing

thank you brotha!!!! he wants to go to NY

they know where he wants to be.....................why they act like he migh want to go to the NETS????

and with lebron................he acted as if there was a possibility that he goes back to the cavs

ne3xchamps
01-17-2011, 01:39 PM

I am not one who is scared of competition. you are just happy cause there is none of this going on out west...... drive for 18! GO CELTS!

footballer2369
01-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Did people already forget that Melo said just last week that playing in NY was his dream?

Kobe thinks no means yes and publicly asked for a trade.

Lebron left as a free agent.

And Melo has been privately seeking a trade to NY and now is causing Nets trade to die forcing the Nuggets hand to either trade him or get nothing.

And yet the middle one is most hated.

sintaks12
01-17-2011, 01:41 PM
anytime a guy demands a trade and leaves, its worse than a guy leaving after he is unemployed technically (that is free agency in many cases) and he signs with another team with no restrictions. Pretty simple

But time and time again, people's problem was NEVER what Lebron did it was HOW he did it... meaning the whole decision thing. If you listen to people who know sports (outside of Ohio) they think that players have every right to try and determine their destination. If he demands a trade and gives Denver ample time to get some value back, how is that worse than Lebron? He's letting his team down easy... not waiting until the last second and slamming them on national TV. They are both spoiled rotten premadonnas... no question. But Lebron's situation was WAY worse IMO and it's not even close.

ne3xchamps
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
didnt BOSTON started this super team thing???

KG
Pierce
Allan

yeah you could say that, but none of those guys are in the middle of their prime like the heat and potentially the knicks. But what boston has is a lot deeper bench, so if you want to include that, then they are the REAL superteam.:D

EnWhyKay
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
All I see here is a bunch of fans giving Melo a hard time because they know if he makes his way to Broadway.. Their respective teams are in big big trouble.. LoL...

KingPosey
01-17-2011, 01:43 PM

See I look at it differently than a lot of you calling him a jerk, and pulling an LBJ, etc. He doesnt want to sign an extension. He does have that right. He shouldnt be forced to sign an extension with NJ if he doesnt want to. Thats not how it works.

ne3xchamps
01-17-2011, 01:45 PM
All I see here is a bunch of fans giving Melo a hard time because they know if he makes his way to Broadway.. Their respective teams are in big big trouble.. LoL...

no I would love the competition of the whole thing. It would make for some interesting basketball. IMO the only fans that would be scared is orlando because they aren't keeping pace.

Gambeezy
01-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Make sure you guys actually READ the article before posting. He doesn't say anything out of line here. He's just trying to protect himself from drawing any "tampering" attention. Do you think he'd actually want to meet or admit to meeting with other teams? These reporters are trying to get him to let something slip.

I don't like how he's holding the Nuggets hostage, but it's his right as a player to choose not to sign an extension.

knicksfan42
01-17-2011, 01:46 PM

mmkay

Only words Melo needed to say was I'm not signing an extension. That's it. I'm sure that Nuggets management isn't stupid and that Melo not signing an extension with them means that he doesn't want to play with them past this season.

He colluded with two other players to leave his team for at least an entire season. He should have just told the Cavs he isn't going to re-sign with them so they could get something decent in return.

Our PF was willing to re-sign with the Suns, he said they were his first option, NY just offered more money. He then went and got an ad in a Pheonix newspaper thanking Suns fans for their support. While LeBron went out of his way to publicly humiliate his team.

Melo15
01-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Did any of you even read the article? The OP is incredibly misleading

SAN ANTONIO -- The latest twist and turn in the never-ending Carmelo Anthony saga came Sunday night, when multiple reports surfaced that the Nuggets have given the Nets permission to speak directly with Carmelo Anthony to get the only answer that will move the story forward: Will he agree to an extension with the Nets, or not?

The internet tracks were barely dry on the stories when hours later, after the Nuggets got blown out by the Spurs, Anthony expressed no desire to meet with anybody -- saying those conversations about how this is resolved should be left to management.

"I can't talk to them people," Anthony said after scoring 12 points on 5-for-17 shooting and sitting most of the fourth quarter in Denver's 110-97 loss to San Antonio. "The Denver Nuggets still pay me. I can't talk to nobody."

When informed that the the Nuggets, who have been pushing to trade Anthony to New Jersey for nearly four months, evidently have given permission to the Nets, Anthony said, "I haven't talked to nobody -- Masai or Josh or any other teams. So for that speculation to be going around out there like that, that’s false."

Asked what his desire is, Anthony said, "I don’t want to talk to nobody. I let the front office handle that type of stuff. It ain't my job to be talking to New Jersey, New York, the Lakers, Dallas, no one. That’s not my job to do."

Again, Anthony was reminded that this would be a legal conversation that the Nuggets wanted him to have -- and still, he gave the same answer.

"I still won’t step into something like that," Anthony said. "I’ve seen a lot of people go through that and for me to sit here and say that I want to talk to them or Masai and Josh gave them permission to talk to me, I think that’s false. If that was the case, then I'm pretty sure I would've gotten a phone call from Masai or Josh about that."

UPDATE: The Nets, who have been pursuing Anthony for four months, were not fazed by his comments. A person familiar with the team's strategy told CBSSports.com Monday that New Jersey officials continue to expect a meeting this week. The hurdle facing the Nets is similar to the one eventually cleared by the Celtics in their pursuit of Kevin Garnett in 2007. Garnett agreed to the trade in late July after dropping his objections to playing in Boston, and that has worked out rather nicely.

When I let Anthony know that his comments were coming across as a resounding no to an invitation to get involved in the trade talks with the Nets, he said, "Yeah, I don’t want the NBA coming down on me or coming down on the team." Then I reminded him that the NBA would not consider such a conversation tampering because the Nuggets were on board.

"Y’all have to ask Masai that because me personally, I don’t think he gave anyone permission to talk to me about anything," he said.

Just another day in the Melo saga.

"I get tired of answering the questions, but I live with it," Anthony said. "I wake up in the morning, keep my head high, be professional, and answer the questions as y’all ask them."

And there are still more questions than answers.

fadedmario
01-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Melo = *****

EnWhyKay
no I would love the competition of the whole thing. It would make for some interesting basketball. IMO the only fans that would be scared is orlando because they aren't keeping pace.

Fair enough..

However I disagree with your Orlando sentiment.. Gilbert Arenas is the real deal.. When Stan Van moves him to the starting lineup things will get scary.. They are pretty much flying under the radar but come playoff time we will all know who's who and what's what...

Secondly.. I dont see how a Heat fan can judge Melo.. It makes no sense what so ever...

bovice163
See I look at it differently than a lot of you calling him a jerk, and pulling an LBJ, etc. He doesnt want to sign an extension. He does have that right. He shouldnt be forced to sign an extension with NJ if he doesnt want to. Thats not how it works.

Good point, but I'm against the creation of another super team. I have no problem with Melo not wanting an extension with New Jersey, because that is entirely up to him. Eventually the creation of several super teams, will sadly lead to a contraction of the league imo. When all of the star players want to play in the large market cities with all of their best buddies, what happens to the smaller market teams? That was essentially what i'm getting at, but I didn't really clarify in my other post.

Avenged
01-17-2011, 01:49 PM
I am not one who is scared of competition. you are just happy cause there is none of this going on out west...... drive for 18! GO CELTS!

Haha, of course I'm happy. Melo will most likely leave the team that gives the Lakers matchup problems. But either way, there are some really good teams out West willing to "upset" any team in the conference.

smith&wesson
01-17-2011, 01:49 PM
so basically melo doesnt want to play in jersey, he wants to go the knicks. the nuggest wanna trade him to jersey to get the most in return for him. melo says screw that ill just wait half a season and sign with the knicks as a free agent. if i were denver i would just trade with the knicks before losing melo all together.

SteBO
01-17-2011, 01:52 PM
so basically melo doesnt want to play in jersey, he wants to go the knicks. the nuggest wanna trade him to jersey to get the most in return for him. melo says screw that ill just wait half a season and sign with the knicks as a free agent. if i were denver i would just trade with the knicks before losing melo all together.
The CBA is factor as well. Melo wants that money.

ne3xchamps
01-17-2011, 01:53 PM
and all of you think that melo is doing worse than lebron with his "decision" are out of your minds. I agree that at least melo is letting the nuggs know that he doesn't plan on resigning. Unlike Lebron you led the cavs on and ****** them over in the long run is just being a douche. If Lebron did what melo is doing, and told the cavs his plans of not coming back, no one would have had a problem with that.

ne3xchamps
01-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Haha, of course I'm happy. Melo will most likely leave the team that gives the Lakers matchup problems. But either way, there are some really good teams out West willing to "upset" any team in the conference.

I know the west is real competitive, I was just busting your balls

EnWhyKay
01-17-2011, 01:54 PM
and all of you think that melo is doing worse than lebron with his "decision" are out of your minds. I agree that at least melo is letting the nuggs know that he doesn't plan on resigning. Unlike Lebron you led the cavs on and ****** them over in the long run is just being a douche. If Lebron did what melo is doing, and told the cavs his plans of not coming back, no one would have had a problem with that.

Are you sure about that?... Think about it for a second.. The folks in Cleveland believe Lebron owes them for Drafting him.. And because he was from the area.. If they would have gotten wind of him leavin I think they would have been screaming bloody mary...

EnWhyKay
01-17-2011, 01:56 PM
At the end of the day.. There are about 5 or 6 elite teams in the league.. If the Knicks add Melo and a legit defensive/running big man.. You can add them to that list..

Considering its been a decade since NYK has been relevent.. It will definately be a welcomed sight... Anytime the knicks are relevant let alone a contender.. Its good for Basketball..

nickdymez
01-17-2011, 01:57 PM

Only way its worse than lebron is if melo goes to center court in denver and starts eating the fans babies wearing a knicks jersey. Other than that, the "decision" is by far the most classless thing in sports history and nothing will trump. What Melo is doing has been done before. At least Melo isnt tanking it, faking injuries and what not...

Da Knicks
01-17-2011, 02:01 PM

Lebron was more of a douche for doing that, he gave false hope to the cavs fans saying they had the edge and all that other bullcrap he said. Melo is preparing the nuggets fans and at the same time giving the nuggets a chance to get something out of the team he desires to go to. The contract is up and Melo is still working for them, people leave jobs when the contract is up it is still a business.:)

smith&wesson
01-17-2011, 02:01 PM

are you serious ? dude at least he tells the nuggets franchise where he wants to play. the nuggets are being greedy they should trade him to new york and get some assets back before losing him for nothing.

james didnt do that for clevland. he never once indicated if he wanted to go play in miami. if the cav's knew that they would have taken the trade for beasly knowing he was gonna walk in free agency. but lebron didnt say anything. he didnt let them know his intentions for all the cavs knew they thought they could resign him.

at least melo is being straight, if you dont trade him to where he wants to go then youll lose him in free agency.. at least they know this and they can still do somthing about it. lebron didnt give the cavs that choice at all.

with all that being said. im a lebron fan im not hating but dont be soo quick to go and say melo is worst in terms of how he is dealing with his contract negotiations. because its not even close.

nickdymez
01-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Im convinced that people here just want to deflect the negative attention off Lebron. Melo isnt doing anything wrong. His team knew this summer that he wasn't signing an extension. Lebron on the other hand did no such thing.

kblo247
01-17-2011, 02:04 PM

I'd love to live in a world where Melo actually asked for a trade.

He never did so your whole argument that what he is doing is worse than LeBron is a joke. The man said he won't extend with Denver and he told their front office only. Their front office leaked the fact he wouldn't extend. Their front office said extend or we will trade you.

Carmelo has stayed firm on the fact he is willing to play his deal out in Denver and then see free agency since the Nuggets FO released their ultimatum. He has also said on NBA TV "I'll play for whatever team I am on, but I won't extend anywhere"

You complaining about that essentially is you saying he was unprofessional by informing the Nuggets beforehand so they can decide whether to play the season out with him or deal him to another team for some value. You complaining about Melo not extending is comical since he has no reason under the current CBA to let Denver dictate him being forced to sign an extension with him or any other team.

Get off the what LBJ did is better kick because Melo:
- Has never said trade me
- Has said he will play the year out in Denver if they choose
- Has given Denver fair warning to prepare for life with or without him
- Has said he will play for any team that Denver sends him too
- By not signing an extension is honoring his contractual rights under the CBA
- Has not ever said it is Ney York or bust
- Has not engaged in tampering
- Has not left a team hanging after tricking them into wasting cap space and embarrassed them on TV

Korman12
01-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Only way its worse than lebron is if melo goes to center court in denver and starts eating the fans babies wearing a knicks jersey. Other than that, the "decision" is by far the most classless thing in sports history and nothing will trump. What Melo is doing has been done before. At least Melo isnt tanking it, faking injuries and what not...

The Black Sox
Ty Cobb sliding into black athletes with his spikes on purpose
Brawl at the Palace
Lawrence Taylor
NHL player Todd Bertuzzi knocking a player down from behind, subsequently breaking his neck
Kermit Washington breaking Tomjanovich's face.
John Rocker

Those are by far more classless.

Melo15
01-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Just about everyone who is ripping on Melo in this thread is doing it based off assumptions they have. Hell, half the stuff that people are ripping on Melo for in this thread isn't even true. Most people just read the thread title and believe whatever it says because they are too lazy to read the article.

SteBO
01-17-2011, 02:06 PM
are you serious ? dude at least he tells the nuggets franchise where he wants to play. the nuggets are being greedy they should trade him to new york and get some assets back before losing him for nothing.

james didnt do that for clevland. he never once indicated if he wanted to go play in miami. if the cav's knew that they would have taken the trade for beasly knowing he was gonna walk in free agency. but lebron didnt say anything. he didnt let them know his intentions for all the cavs knew they thought they could resign him.

at least melo is being straight, if you dont trade him to where he wants to go then youll lose him in free agency.. at least they know this and they can still do somthing about it. lebron didnt give the cavs that choice at all.

with all that being said. im a lebron fan im not hating but dont be soo quick to go and say melo is worst in terms of how he is dealing with his contract negotiations. because its not even close.
I didn't say he was worse. He's getting there though by continuing to talk and not focusing on the game. I'm not defending LeBron, what he did was awful.

smith&wesson
01-17-2011, 02:07 PM
The CBA is factor as well. Melo wants that money.

ya true, dam this lock out next year is gonna be a mf for us fans.

no ball :(

PhillyFaninLA
01-17-2011, 02:08 PM
People seem to be missing what Melo actually said.

What Melo said was Its not his job to talk to other teams, because he is a member of the Nuggets. He didn't say I won't talk to another team. I think some people didn't read the Melo's actual quote.

When a player says they won't negotiate a contract during a season most people understand that. I don't like Melo, I think he's kind of a flake and not a winner. I think Melo is a selfish guy that will probably never win a championship like other productive players that feel and act bigger than a team. With that said Melo is not lying, misleading, or being looked at fairly by a lot of people for his actions.

Here are facts....Melo said I won't resign with Denver and I want to play for the Knicks. Fact Melo said "I don't want to talk to nobody," Anthony told reporters in San Antonio. "I let the front office handle that type of stuff. It ain't my job to be talking to New Jersey, New York, the Lakers, Dallas, no one. That's not my job to do." (http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6028979). The actual words by Melo say that is the teams responsibility not mine to talk to other teams, he also does not say he won't meet, just he does not want to.

If you want to hate or dislike Melo that's fine heck I gave my impression of him, but when you judge him for this stuff try and think about the actual facts and not an emotional or ignorant (as in lack of knowledge in this case) about him.

pacofunk64
01-17-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't blame Melo one bit. It's not his obligation to lookout what's best for the Nuggets. He wants to play in NY so why rape the Knicks of talent when you can just sign in the offseason?

Apophis
01-17-2011, 02:11 PM
It may well become worse than the lebron thing aside from the Decision.
He's gotta shut his mouth. Don't answer anything trade related. Tell the Nuggets where he will sign an extension and let the Nuggets brass go to work.

Lebron never made it public that he had no intention on staying with the Cavs. But if I'm a Nuggets fan, this has to be painful. I can't imagine how I'd feel if this was happening with the Suns and Nash.

According to reports he has... but Brass doesnt want to send him where he wants to go.. So I dont see anything wrong with him waiting it out and going to FA.

Heater4life
01-17-2011, 02:13 PM
before anything im going to put myself in Melo's shoes. If i want to go to New York why the **** to i have to cater to anyone elses desires? I want to go to New york, so i'll stay true my contract and leave next season. I dont have to sign any extension, i dont owe anyone, everyone acts as if these players are in debt to these franchises. They put ***** in the seats and money in the owners pockets.

Let him do what he wants; which is live out his contract and sign where ever he chooses next season.

SteBO
01-17-2011, 02:16 PM
ya true, dam this lock out next year is gonna be a mf for us fans.

no ball :(
Yeah, I know. A lockout isn't immenent, so that's good to hear.

smith&wesson
01-17-2011, 02:21 PM
before anything im going to put myself in Melo's shoes. If i want to go to New York why the **** to i have to cater to anyone elses desires? I want to go to New york, so i'll stay true my contract and leave next season. I dont have to sign any extension, i dont owe anyone, everyone acts as if these players are in debt to these franchises. They put ***** in the seats and money in the owners pockets.

Let him do what he wants; which is live out his contract and sign where ever he chooses next season.

x2 i couldnt agree more.

daleja424
01-17-2011, 02:21 PM
some of you have some really interesting statements on Lebron which are blatantly false. Here are a couple I found particularly amusing:

1. I read in here that lebron made the decision to rub his choice in Clevelands face? Thats completely false. The fact of the matter is that the Decision show was planned a week in advance of his decision, and he hadn't yet decided where he was going to go at that point.

2. I read in this thread that Lebron is an a-hole b/c he didn't tell Cleveland where he wanted to go and then he screwed them. Again, what facts are these? First of all, Lebron wanted to be in Cleveland for his whole career. Even all of last year he felt like he would be a Cav forever. Then there was bitter disappointment in the playoffs and he started to think about other options. Then once he did deided he wanted to play in Miami he informed Cleveland and they worked out a sign and trade, and Cleveland got 4 draft picks from Miami for his services.

smith&wesson
01-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I know. A lockout isn't immenent, so that's good to hear.

I hope they come to an agreement quickly so we can have half a season of ball or somthing atleast. is that possible even?

pistonsfanomg
01-17-2011, 02:24 PM

and for Lala Vasquez

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Lakers will take you with open arms

Hellcrooner
01-17-2011, 02:29 PM
I dont get why people is pissed.

HE IS NO SLAVE ( mmm supposedly is no slave)

He signed a contract.

He is fulfilling his contract.
He WANTS to play in a determinate team when his contract is up.
Its HIS decision because he IS a FREE AGENT that can choose where to sign.
It seems that he is even ready to probably face a sever cut on his earning to join the team HE wants due to CBa.

He owes nothing to the nuggets but fulfilling his contract.

Its nuggets who are playing the ******** and since he is not resigning tryign to force him to wherever THEY want for their own benefit.
He is PERFECTLY entitled to say, I want to go to the team i WANT so if you trade me sowmerhe else, good for you but im not resinging because i want to be in THAT team.

Im perfectly sure that if he was able to do it withouth being fined he woudl ahve already come out and said I WANT TO BE A KNICK.

and thats his decision.

He comes NOTHING close to lebron.

Lebron NEVER said he was leaving cavs 100% so he enver gave them the chance to negotiate with the team he wanted to join ( if it was heat they coudl have at least taken Beasley back)
Then he put up a show in tv to ditch them.
Melo is doing nothing on that scale.
And its giving nuggets the hints to negotiate with NY and get SOME talent back.
Chandler most posibly.

So sorry but i will only be dissapointed at melo if he caves in and sings a Nets Extension.

Swift
01-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Had Denver been willing to deal with New York in the first place, I don't think any of this would've been going on for this long. None of this trade talk probably would've even been brought up this early had Denver not asked him to sign that extension.

If I tell a team, "I'm just giving you guys a heads up that I intend to go play for New York next year. If you want to get some value out of the situation beforehand, let them know so we can work out a trade.", and they tell me "How about New Jersey?", what do you expect my reaction to be? other than "I guess I'll just play the season out and go to New York in the summer then."

And I strongly disagree with the notion that Carmelo should have no say in where he's going to play, as this is all mostly about where he's going to sign his extension, and where he'll ultimately play out the rest of his career. If Denver is willing to speak to some of those few teams that are willing to take him without that extension, then by all means, let them do their thing. Otherwise, Melo should absolutely be allowed to make his own choice.

As far as people being afraid of having more "superteams", as long as one super team exists, others basically have to exist in order to compete. I'd rather have multiple competitive super teams in the league, than just one or two bull-rushing through to the finals every year.

Kashmir13579
01-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Had Denver been willing to deal with New York in the first place, I don't think any of this would've been going on for this long. None of this trade talk probably would've even been brought up this early had Denver not asked him to sign that extension.

If I tell a team, "I'm just giving you guys a heads up that I intend to go play for New York next year. If you want to get some value out of the situation beforehand, let them know so we can work out a trade.", and they tell me "How about New Jersey?", what do you expect my reaction to be? other than "I guess I'll just play the season out and go to New York in the summer then."

And I strongly disagree with the notion that Carmelo should have no say in where he's going to play, as this is all mostly about where he's going to sign his extension, and where he'll ultimately play out the rest of his career. If Denver is willing to speak to some of those few teams that are willing to take him without that extension, then by all means, let them do their thing. Otherwise, Melo should absolutely be allowed to make his own choice.

As far as people being afraid of having more "superteams", as long as one super team exists, others basically have to exist in order to compete. I'd rather have multiple competitive super teams in the league, than just one or two bull-rushing through to the finals every year.

great post. i agree with everything.

JerseysFinest
01-17-2011, 02:33 PM
According to his ESPN video, Anthony stated there is no place like playing at home. He is not referring to Baltimore, he is not interested in playing for the Wizards, but Brooklyn New York. He grew up in the Red Hook Projects, literally 5 minutes from the arena development area, until he was 8 years old. His wife is also from Brooklyn as well. If I'm Carmelo Anthony, sure I'm a little hesitant because of the Nets current record. I would question the future, what happens when Billups and Hamilton retire. But I would also realize that the team is extremely inexperienced, and there is no real leader there. And I would realize that playing for an owner who has no fear of spending money whatsoever would help my efforts in getting a championship. Then there is the possibility of signing a Chris Paul or a Deron Williams to help the team. And I would also realize that next year I'd be playing in an arena near all my family and friends, and my wife's family and friends. And that I'd go down in history as one of the best, and first players to play in the Barclays Center, and potentially bring a title back to Brooklyn. He discusses legacy a lot; if he were to bring a title to Brooklyn, New York, he would become one of the best sports heroes in modern history.

TO to the CHI
01-17-2011, 02:34 PM
some of you have some really interesting statements on Lebron which are blatantly false. Here are a couple I found particularly amusing:

1. I read in here that lebron made the decision to rub his choice in Clevelands face? Thats completely false. The fact of the matter is that the Decision show was planned a week in advance of his decision, and he hadn't yet decided where he was going to go at that point.

2. I read in this thread that Lebron is an a-hole b/c he didn't tell Cleveland where he wanted to go and then he screwed them. Again, what facts are these? First of all, Lebron wanted to be in Cleveland for his whole career. Even all of last year he felt like he would be a Cav forever. Then there was bitter disappointment in the playoffs and he started to think about other options. Then once he did deided he wanted to play in Miami he informed Cleveland and they worked out a sign and trade, and Cleveland got 4 draft picks from Miami for his services.

These "facts" are not actually facts. They are rather your opinion. Statements and information exist that suggest that he was aware of where he was going for years (dating back to the purported original plan with Wade and Bosh). There is no way a rational person would believe that he made that big a decision the same day it was announced. Cleveland was very clear that they were not informed with much notice. There is a lot of evidence LeBron did not want to be a Cav forever, and the disappointment in the playoffs last year was largely that he didn't show up for the last couple of games.

I am not trying to bash Lebron. To be clear, most of what is posted above is supposition and belief. But logic supports those assumptions more than your "facts" that are stated above. Defend Lebron if you wish, but don't make things up.

Kashmir13579
01-17-2011, 02:35 PM

other than the sign and trade, there isn't one part of this post that isn't pure speculation.

Hellcrooner
01-17-2011, 02:35 PM

ha ha ha ha ha aha ha ha

Do you beleive in Santa?

He has known where he and bosh woudl sign since the olympics in 08.

Do you think its a conicnidecne he warend the league he was changing his number to 6 with months of anticipationn.? ( 23 is retired in Miami)

When he anounced that number change last year i knew Knicks, Clippers , and Nets were out of the hunt , he was clearly pointing at Mimai or Chicago.

His "decision" and Boshs "decision" was going to be the same than WADES. if he joined Bulls they woudl follow him to bulls if he stayed in miami they woudl sign in Miami.

smith&wesson
01-17-2011, 02:36 PM
I dont get why people is pissed.

HE IS NO SLAVE ( mmm supposedly is no slave)

He signed a contract.

He is fulfilling his contract.
He WANTS to play in a determinate team when his contract is up.
Its HIS decision because he IS a FREE AGENT that can choose where to sign.
It seems that he is even ready to probably face a sever cut on his earning to join the team HE wants due to CBa.

He owes nothing to the nuggets but fulfilling his contract.

Its nuggets who are playing the ******** and since he is not resigning tryign to force him to wherever THEY want for their own benefit.
He is PERFECTLY entitled to say, I want to go to the team i WANT so if you trade me sowmerhe else, good for you but im not resinging because i want to be in THAT team.

Im perfectly sure that if he was able to do it withouth being fined he woudl ahve already come out and said I WANT TO BE A KNICK.

and thats his decision.

He comes NOTHING close to lebron.

Lebron NEVER said he was leaving cavs 100% so he enver gave them the chance to negotiate with the team he wanted to join ( if it was heat they coudl have at least taken Beasley back)
Then he put up a show in tv to ditch them.
Melo is doing nothing on that scale.
And its giving nuggets the hints to negotiate with NY and get SOME talent back.
Chandler most posibly.

So sorry but i will only be dissapointed at melo if he caves in and sings a Nets Extension.

X2 Well said crooner.

drew_ellis_23
01-17-2011, 02:38 PM

He isnt being worse then Lebron but he is a close 2nd. He has made it no secret that he doesnt want to be back in Denver at least. But yeah he is really pissing me off too. Whoever gets him is just going to have to take the risk and negotiate after making the trade cause I dont think he wants to talk while he is still a Nugget. He wants to be a Knick so they need to get the Blazers involved so they can get some 1st rounders and the Blazers can get Randolph and something else of use.

smith&wesson
01-17-2011, 02:38 PM
I didn't say he was worse. He's getting there though by continuing to talk and not focusing on the game. I'm not defending LeBron, what he did was awful.

i know your not defending him bro, im just saying lebron could have let his franchise know what was up. that would have sofend the blow because then they would have known his motive and could have done whats best for the franchise. its his right as free agent to go where he wants thats why im not mad at him or melo, but atleast denver knows melo wants to go to new york and they still have the option of trading him for assets before losing him for nothing. the cavs were never given that option .. im just pointing out the difference thats all.

Flash3
01-17-2011, 02:40 PM
maybe he's really trying resign ?

Grouch26
01-17-2011, 02:44 PM
1. so when a player is honest with his team about not wanting to resign with them its a problem?

2. a player honoring his current contract and finishing out the year with his current team its a problem now?
Melo isnt doing what lebron did. melo isnt the one making this public, he isnt quiting on his team, and he isnt leaving anyone guessing.... so whats everyones problem with melo?

DoMeFavors
01-17-2011, 02:47 PM
I have a feeling he waits it out untill the deadline to see where the Nuggets, Knicks, Nets are at.

tdunk21
01-17-2011, 02:48 PM
crymelo.....just sign with some damn team

HeaTxRipZz
01-17-2011, 02:50 PM
hmm all I see is complaining Hawkeye let me put it to you like this the same way you say Lebron honored his contract and left at his will which I will agree with Carmelo is doing the same thing. Some people aren't understanding the situation to it's full extent. If Carmelo says eff it deal me where you guys can get the most assets from that can be many places he doesn't want to go. He plays half a season then goes to the team he wants to go then you same people will be moaning about him leaving after his new team gave up all them assets.

The point of him telling them early that he isn't signing an extension and that his intention are to play in NY is so they can get something if anything for him before FA hits. Don't get it twisted he can just walk and go to the team he wants to but hes helping Denver out no matter if hes blocking the teams he doesn't want to go to they are still getting something of value. Fans and Owners of this league think that these players are some type of slaves where they can't do what they want especially when it's time for them to go.

Joe Johnson requested a trade. Jason Kidd requested a trade. Many others have as well but oh let's jump on select guys

el_primo_nano
01-17-2011, 02:53 PM

coming from the Heat fan. Melo should have kept his mouth shut to start off, but if he doesnt want to sign an extention with Jersey then why kill the guy for it?? It wouldnt make basketball sense to do so..

AI4MVP
01-17-2011, 02:56 PM
i dont understand why u guys think Melo is doing something wrong. He clearly wants to go to the knicks, why cant he go there if he wants? the nuggets can trade him to the knicks if they want to get something in return.

PhillyFaninLA
01-17-2011, 03:04 PM
crymelo.....just sign with some damn team

FYI at this moment he's not a free agent so that is not a option.

nycericanguy
01-17-2011, 03:06 PM
i dont understand why u guys think Melo is doing something wrong. He clearly wants to go to the knicks, why cant he go there if he wants? the nuggets can trade him to the knicks if they want to get something in return.

Agreed, for some reason some people believe that Melo doesn't have a right to go where he wants. Every player in the NBA is entitled to go to FAgency and sign where they want. All he has really done is not sign the extension.

Obviously DEN can trade him where he wants, but what right to they have to force him to sign somewhere he doesn't want to play just because they want Favors or are spiteful of NY.

WickedBadMan
01-17-2011, 03:12 PM
I think what makes the most sense is to trade him to NY without signing him to an extension. That way you get some pieces and it wasn't because he had a gun to your head.

Slimsim
01-17-2011, 03:17 PM
I think what makes the most sense is to trade him to NY without signing him to an extension. That way you get some pieces and it wasn't because he had a gun to your head.

Nuggets don't think the Knicks have any players of Value or potential.

nystandup
01-17-2011, 03:17 PM
According to his ESPN video, Anthony stated there is no place like playing at home. He is not referring to Baltimore, he is not interested in playing for the Wizards, but Brooklyn New York. He grew up in the Red Hook Projects, literally 5 minutes from the arena development area, until he was 8 years old. His wife is also from Brooklyn as well. If I'm Carmelo Anthony, sure I'm a little hesitant because of the Nets current record. I would question the future, what happens when Billups and Hamilton retire. But I would also realize that the team is extremely inexperienced, and there is no real leader there. And I would realize that playing for an owner who has no fear of spending money whatsoever would help my efforts in getting a championship. Then there is the possibility of signing a Chris Paul or a Deron Williams to help the team. And I would also realize that next year I'd be playing in an arena near all my family and friends, and my wife's family and friends. And that I'd go down in history as one of the best, and first players to play in the Barclays Center, and potentially bring a title back to Brooklyn. He discusses legacy a lot; if he were to bring a title to Brooklyn, New York, he would become one of the best sports heroes in modern history.

He also grew up a Knicks fan with Bernard King as his favorite player. he already has one of his best friends playing on his favorite team and has talked about teaming up with him. During the interview when he talked about how cool it would be to open up a new arena it felt like a big but was comig. As in but its the Nets and i'd still have to play in Jersey for 2 more years and I'd have a better chance to win a championship with the Knicks within the next 5 years than the Nets.

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Its weird because NY doesn't have any CAP space for Melo to sign a max deal, he'd have to take a pay cut. He clearly doesn't wanna go to the Nets and i don't think the Knicks can get him without a S&T.

His stubbornness might make him go to a team he REALLY doesn't wanna go to lol.

nystandup
01-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Its weird because NY doesn't have any CAP space for Melo to sign a max deal, he'd have to take a pay cut. He clearly doesn't wanna go to the Nets and i don't think the Knicks can get him without a S&T.

Which is why Chandler will either be involved in a deal or they will have to renounce his rights. maybe they do some other roster moves so they can keep Chandler but yeah your right.

Knickrocketsfan
01-17-2011, 03:24 PM

New York does have the cap space to sign melo. Its name is eddy curry

ElMarroAfamado
01-17-2011, 03:25 PM

oh god here we go....your going to make him out to be a villain and try to make his case worse than lebricks just to make lebrick look better
amazing stuff

:facepalm:

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-17-2011, 03:30 PM
New York does have the cap space to sign melo. Its name is eddy curry

They would have 16.9 left when everyone's contract expires, that would be enough. But the problem is, i think the CAP is gonna be lowered next year by a lot so thats were the problem could come in.

NYY09
01-17-2011, 03:32 PM

Perfectly said. He owes Denver nothing. You think LeDouche wouldn't have done the same, if not worse, if he was given an extension and didnt sign it? O wait he did, he made the "Douche-cision"

Mudvayne91
01-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Nuggets don't think the Knicks have any players of Value or potential.

Well, I think it's more along the lines of # 1 picks. If the Knicks could acquire a pick or two, this would end imo.

JerseysFinest
01-17-2011, 03:33 PM
He also grew up a Knicks fan with Bernard King as his favorite player. he already has one of his best friends playing on his favorite team and has talked about teaming up with him. During the interview when he talked about how cool it would be to open up a new arena it felt like a big but was comig. As in but its the Nets and i'd still have to play in Jersey for 2 more years and I'd have a better chance to win a championship with the Knicks within the next 5 years than the Nets.

Not really, he was surely confident in his statement there is no place like home. And so what he was a Knicks fan growing up? A lot of players today were fans of other teams than the teams they play for now. And you can't say what will happen in 5 years that the Nets can't win a championship in 5 years. Roster moves will follow his acquisition, and probably a few at that. I don't wish any harm to Amar'e in the future, but has it not been confirmed that Stoudemire will require another microfracture surgery in the future, or his eye issue will need attention or something like that? Like something with his knees could happen in the future. It's possible Melo could be thinking about that

The_Mac22
01-17-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm pretty sure Melo is a female.

Khalifa21
01-17-2011, 03:40 PM
They would have 16.9 left when everyone's contract expires, that would be enough. But the problem is, i think the CAP is gonna be lowered next year by a lot so thats were the problem could come in.

The amount of a money a player can get from a max deal is also gonna go down though... The max may "only" be about $15m after the new CBA, which would mean the Knicks would have enough to sign him to a "max" if he doesn't come to New York with and extend and trade beforehand.

This is why Melo wants to be traded so badly... He wants the money AND to play in New York. He might be able to get it if he just completely shuts down NJ which he appears to be doing at the moment.

oak2455
01-17-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm pretty sure Melo is a female.

You like him?....but seriously why because he wants to play for a particular team...thats just crazy. I wish my old employer told me where I had to work, and what I should do....free country no:D

oak2455
01-17-2011, 03:43 PM
The amount of a money a player can get from a max deal is also gonna go down though... The max may "only" be about $15m after the new CBA, which would mean the Knicks would have enough to sign him to a "max" if he doesn't come to New York with and extend and trade beforehand.

This is why Melo wants to be traded so badly... He wants the money AND to play in New York. He might be able to get it if he just completely shuts down NJ which he appears to be doing at the moment.

great sig quote:clap:

Statik1
01-17-2011, 03:43 PM

Slow your roll....

He doesn't have a T.V. Spot yet for his trade "Decision" nor has he tweeted Karma is a *****

Melo right now is faaaarrrrr from Lebrons selfish acts...

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-17-2011, 03:44 PM

Oh ok my bad

Mudvayne91
01-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Don't feel too bad for the Nugs though. Worst case scenario, you trade him as a rent a player. We won't get as good of a deal. Melo losses money, we lose out on potential talent because of it, but it still won't be that the Nugs get anything.

Lakers211221
01-17-2011, 03:56 PM
It's funny to me that so many Heat fans are attacking Melo for this hahahah....Melo has made it clear that he wants to be a Knick. He will honor his contract with the Nuggets until it expires or he is traded, and then he will sign with the Knicks. His job isn't to try and get them good trade value. He isn't refusing to get traded, but he doesn't have to meet with a team that he has no interest in signing with if he doesn't want to. Melo isn't going on tv and making a mockery of the Nuggets like someone else we know or leaving them thinking he is coming back and then splitting. He has made it clear that he will not return to Denver next year and he will not sign an extension with another team that he doesn't want to play for just to help Denver get max compensation for him.

Hellcrooner
01-17-2011, 03:57 PM
denver should just start talking to the knicks.

take back chandler who got some talent.

take back douglas who got some talent.

get back randolph who has talent.

mayb e some future pick.

AnD eddie currys MASSIVE expiring, wich they can turn itno valuable pieces in a trade.

But to be able to retrade currys contract they need to trade with the knicks asap-.

kblo247
01-17-2011, 03:59 PM
denver should just start talking to the knicks.

take back chandler who got some talent.

take back douglas who got some talent.

get back randolph who has talent.

mayb e some future pick.

AnD eddie currys MASSIVE expiring, wich they can turn itno valuable pieces in a trade.

But to be able to retrade currys contract they need to trade with the knicks asap-.

They do not want to pay Chandler who will be a restricted free agent. This would probably be done if he wasn't a free agent at the end of the season, but since he is and since Gallo hasn't played better than him you get what you are seeing now.

Tony_Starks
01-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Melo say it with me: "I will no longer comment on the trade speculation." Its not that hard to say man, even Lebron figured it out...... eventually, that is.

KingPosey
01-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Slow your roll....

He doesn't have a T.V. Spot yet for his trade "Decision" nor has he tweeted Karma is a *****

Melo right now is faaaarrrrr from Lebrons selfish acts...

off topic, but did anyone else find it funny that he tweeted that, and then sprained his ankle?!

PhillyFaninLA
01-17-2011, 04:10 PM
off topic, but did anyone else find it funny that he tweeted that, and then sprained his ankle?!

This has its own thread.

lakeshow3peat
01-17-2011, 04:15 PM
lol worst than Lebron ha ha no your wrong buddy
Thats what he is saying he doesnt want to meet with nets or anybody cause he wants this to get done through the organization and its not him . They have to figure out how it will benefit all sides

KingPosey
01-17-2011, 04:26 PM
This has its own thread.

so many, its tough to keep up.

Mudvayne91
01-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Local radio station in Denver is reporting despite this article, he will meet with Nets officials.

PhillyFan001
01-17-2011, 05:00 PM
If the nuggets were really smart they would try and acquire another star or number 2 option to play with melo. They could go after 2 players maybe josh smith (atlanta needs to get rid of salary) because he could be had in the right deal and maybe someone else. At the same time they could still look for the best deal they could get for melo. If they got better and won the championship he would definitely stay

dtmagnet
01-17-2011, 05:05 PM
If you're a Denver Nugget then sign an extension with them...

PhillyFaninLA
01-17-2011, 05:09 PM
If you're a Denver Nugget then sign an extension with them...

You didn't read the article, you don't know what he said, and you don't know his context.

He meant he is currently under contract with the Nuggets and its is not his job to talk to other teams its the front and GM's offices job, his job is to play.

Read his quote so you can have any sense of context and understanding of what he meant.

drobe86
01-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Heres the deal.... Melo doesn't want to go to the Nets, therefore he isn't going to sign an extension to a team that he doesn't want to play for. If the Nuggets make a deal with NY then hey, I'm sure he'll sign. The only other option is to send Melo to a team whether he signs an extension or not. There's somebody out there that will rent him for the year, why not just do that? The Nuggets hold the cards and can get something for him, but it just won't be what they thought they could get.... Melo is absolutely playing this right. He would be a fool to sign an extension with the Nets and be on a miserable team for the next 4 years. Why would he or anyone want to that?

JerseysFinest
01-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Heres the deal.... Melo doesn't want to go to the Nets, therefore he isn't going to sign an extension to a team that he doesn't want to play for. If the Nuggets make a deal with NY then hey, I'm sure he'll sign. The only other option is to send Melo to a team whether he signs an extension or not. There's somebody out there that will rent him for the year, why not just do that? The Nuggets hold the cards and can get something for him, but it just won't be what they thought they could get.... Melo is absolutely playing this right. He would be a fool to sign an extension with the Nets and be on a miserable team for the next 4 years. Why would he or anyone want to that?
This is what I'm talking about. No one knows what 'Melo is thinking, therefore you cannot say that. He hasn't completely ruled the team out. Secondly, the Nets won't be a miserable team for the next 4 years, because considering he could join, then another guy like Paul, that's far from misery.

Mplsman
01-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Melo needs to stfu already. It's not up to you right now.

Kashmir13579
01-17-2011, 05:27 PM
This is what I'm talking about. No one knows what 'Melo is thinking, therefore you cannot say that. He hasn't completely ruled the team out. Secondly, the Nets won't be a miserable team for the next 4 years, because considering he could join, then another guy like Paul, that's far from misery.

pipe dreams

KDM1986
01-17-2011, 05:35 PM
The nuggets might as well just trade him to the knicks already. He will not sign an extension with the Nets or Nuggs so better get something for him quick before you end up with nothing.

knicks4life33
01-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Ummm how does melo have to stfu and how is he worse then lebron lol melo hasnt said 1 word about teams he wants to go to and the ponly people who said he is worse then lebron are the heat fans lol melo just wants to play out his contract and explore his options and denver doesnt want take the risk of losing him so they are exploring their options. Melo has said all week i plan on bein a denver nugget end of this season if you havent seen the news.

WizFan3
01-17-2011, 05:45 PM
melos becoming a drama queen much like lbj he needs to be happy where he stays / where he goes...i wish players would just play no matter what and be happy personally he needs to let the team do what they have to do enuff said

drobe86
01-17-2011, 05:45 PM

Seriously man Melo doesn't want to play there.... If he did they would have made a trade already. Also, the nets aren't getting Chris Paul... Anything can happen but that's unlikely. The nets aren't getting any big name players of that stature because they're market is too small. Add that to the fact that, they will always play second fiddle to the Knicks, and I can't see it going down like that....

daleja424
01-17-2011, 06:13 PM
These "facts" are not actually facts. They are rather your opinion. Statements and information exist that suggest that he was aware of where he was going for years (dating back to the purported original plan with Wade and Bosh). There is no way a rational person would believe that he made that big a decision the same day it was announced. Cleveland was very clear that they were not informed with much notice. There is a lot of evidence LeBron did not want to be a Cav forever, and the disappointment in the playoffs last year was largely that he didn't show up for the last couple of games.

I am not trying to bash Lebron. To be clear, most of what is posted above is supposition and belief. But logic supports those assumptions more than your "facts" that are stated above. Defend Lebron if you wish, but don't make things up.

other than the sign and trade, there isn't one part of this post that isn't pure speculation.

ha ha ha ha ha aha ha ha

Do you beleive in Santa?

He has known where he and bosh woudl sign since the olympics in 08.

Do you think its a conicnidecne he warend the league he was changing his number to 6 with months of anticipationn.? ( 23 is retired in Miami)

When he anounced that number change last year i knew Knicks, Clippers , and Nets were out of the hunt , he was clearly pointing at Mimai or Chicago.

His "decision" and Boshs "decision" was going to be the same than WADES. if he joined Bulls they woudl follow him to bulls if he stayed in miami they woudl sign in Miami.

these are all jokes! you say I am speculating... yet I am baseing my version of the story on what Lebron himself said and what the media was reporting for weeks leading up to the decision. You all say things like its obvious he wanted to go to Miami, yet when HEAT fans were saying Lebron and Bosh would come to Miami yiou were all laughing and saying there was no chance...

The only speculation here is what you fans are doing now, trying to read into things that happened months ago and reinterpret events based on the outcome.

To the first quoted post: Lebron himself said that he made his decision at the last minute and Miami was informed they would be getting him just minutes before Cleveland found out they would not be getting him. Those are the facts. If you choose to not believe them and make up your own story, whatever, but do not act like I am making stuff up.

To the second quoted person: Same as above. My account of the stroy is based on Lebron's interviews. If you choose not to believe what Lebron said happened, that is up to you. But to say I am speculating when I am just repeating what Lebron and countless other analysts will tell you is a JOKE.

To the third quoted person: Again... you are making things up. If it was so obvious since 08 that the three of them would be playing together maybe you would like to explain why only one NBA analyst thought it was even a possibility, and why all of PSD laughed at HEAT fans when we proposed the idea...

daleja424
01-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Ummm how does melo have to stfu and how is he worse then lebron lol melo hasnt said 1 word about teams he wants to go to and the ponly people who said he is worse then lebron are the heat fans lol melo just wants to play out his contract and explore his options and denver doesnt want take the risk of losing him so they are exploring their options. Melo has said all week i plan on bein a denver nugget end of this season if you havent seen the news.

That is one way to look at the Melo saga. The other way to look at it is, he is selfish and he ONLY wants to play for NY starting next year...so he is holding the Nuggets hostage and screwing their franchise moving forward by giving NY all the leverage.

kblo247
01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
That is one way to look at the Melo saga. The other way to look at it is, he is selfish and he ONLY wants to play for NY starting next year...so he is holding the Nuggets hostage and screwing their franchise moving forward by giving NY all the leverage.

Melo has said he will play for any team that the Nuggets send him to if the move him, but we just won't extend anywhere. It is his right to not have to sign any extension with any team.

Denver screwed themselves by saying extend or be traded and later trying to get him to take an extension with Jersey and other teams. If you want to deal the guy just send him to the best package possible even if it is to a place like Houston in a rental situation. If you don't have the balls to back your ultimatum up let him play the year out or send him to a team you know that he is likely to want to sign an extension with.

Denver screwed Denver as Melo never made antyhing public about signing an extension or his suitors. David Aldridge made a good point when he said that their management is handling things poorly and publicly almost as a preemptive strike because of what LeBron and Bosh did, not Melo.

Anilyzer
01-17-2011, 06:35 PM

everybody needs to lay off Carmelo about this.

He will be a free agent after the season. In the meantime, he is under NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER to sign an extension, either with Denver, or New Jersey, or a Turkish team, or a Chinese team, or ANYWHERE.

What right does the Nuggets have to try to trade Carmelo for a bunch of picks and stuff based on him signing an extension in New Jersey?

They are trying to trade something they don't have. It's like they are saying, "ok, give me $10,000 and Justin Bieber will play at your birthday party", but they never asked Justin Bieber if he will play at their birthday party.

Then fans are like "wah wah, Justin Bieber is a big ol' mean JERK for not even playing at the birthday party. He is a selfish Lebrong jerk who is screwing over the Nuggets."

wtf?

why do people not see this?

Melo15
01-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Melo has said he will play for any team that the Nuggets send him to if the move him, but we just won't extend anywhere. It is his right to not have to sign any extension with any team.

Denver screwed themselves by saying extend or be traded and later trying to get him to take an extension with Jersey and other teams. If you want to deal the guy just send him to the best package possible even if it is to a place like Houston in a rental situation. If you don't have the balls to back your ultimatum up let him play the year out or send him to a team you know that he is likely to want to sign an extension with.

Denver screwed Denver as Melo never made antyhing public about signing an extension or his suitors. David Aldridge made a good point when he said that their management is handling things poorly and publicly almost as a preemptive strike because of what LeBron and Bosh did, not Melo.

Very well said man

Kashmir13579
01-17-2011, 06:36 PM
these are all jokes! you say I am speculating... yet I am baseing my version of the story on what Lebron himself said and what the media was reporting for weeks leading up to the decision. You all say things like its obvious he wanted to go to Miami, yet when HEAT fans were saying Lebron and Bosh would come to Miami yiou were all laughing and saying there was no chance...

The only speculation here is what you fans are doing now, trying to read into things that happened months ago and reinterpret events based on the outcome.

To the first quoted post: Lebron himself said that he made his decision at the last minute and Miami was informed they would be getting him just minutes before Cleveland found out they would not be getting him. Those are the facts. If you choose to not believe them and make up your own story, whatever, but do not act like I am making stuff up.

To the second quoted person: Same as above. My account of the stroy is based on Lebron's interviews. If you choose not to believe what Lebron said happened, that is up to you. But to say I am speculating when I am just repeating what Lebron and countless other analysts will tell you is a JOKE.

To the third quoted person: Again... you are making things up. If it was so obvious since 08 that the three of them would be playing together maybe you would like to explain why only one NBA analyst thought it was even a possibility, and why all of PSD laughed at HEAT fans when we proposed the idea...

i stopped reading at the bold. the same lebron that has lied to the media multiple times and just recently tweeted an ignorant statement and refused to admit it was aimed at his former team. jokes. tricks. speculation.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-17-2011, 06:36 PM

There's the quote of the day.

Denver screwed Denver

kblo247
01-17-2011, 06:37 PM
For those mad at Melo being weary of tampering, it looks like he had good reason to be:

The Nets have not yet been granted permission to meet with Carmelo Anthony, according to a league source.

New Jersey may eventually receive permission from Denver, but they hadn't as of Monday.

Anthony said following a loss to the Spurs on Sunday night that he had no plans to meet with the Nets.

It has been reported by ESPN.com's Marc Stein that Anthony will meet with the Nets on Tuesday or Wednesday to discuss a possible contract extension, which could help finalize the long-rumored three-team trade.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/01/17/nets.permission.carmelo/index.html

sintaks12
01-17-2011, 06:38 PM

No, Lebron screwed the Cavs and *****-slapped them on national television. Melo is at least letting Denver know so they can get some value in return. What did the self-anointed King do? Oh, that's right... nothin. Melo has the right to refuse the extension wherever it may be... it's built into his contract that way. How can people misconstrue his actions and twist this into "Melo is selfish." :confused: I don't get it.

Anilyzer
01-17-2011, 06:40 PM

He NEVER said he wouldn't re-sign in Denver; only that he wanted to test free agency.

He just wants to be a free agent, and he's completely earned it. No one can say he doesn't have the RIGHT to be a free agent.

What makes Denver, or anybody, think Carmelo owes them the right to dictate where he signs, so they can trade him for a bunch of stuff?

It's lilke if the Cavaliers had tried to say right before "Teh Decision", "ok, if you give us $10M, we will have Lebron sign with the Heat."

Uh, HELLO, the Cavs had NO RIGHT whatsoever to say where Carmelo signs

Kashmir13579
01-17-2011, 06:41 PM
No, Lebron screwed the Cavs and *****-slapped them on national television. Melo is at least letting Denver know so they can get some value in return. What did the self-anointed King do? Oh, that's right... nothin. Melo has the right to refuse the extension wherever it may be... it's built into his contract that way. How can people misconstrue his actions and twist this into "Melo is selfish." :confused: I don't get it.

dude, don't bother he is one hell of a homer. Lebron is still NBAs golden child in his eyes. and apparently he believes Lebron truly didn't know where he was going before he woke up the morning of the decision.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-17-2011, 06:42 PM

That's right

Why are the Heat fans trying to use Melo's situation to help Lebron's rep in this forum? it's going to go nowhere ...

Anilyzer
01-17-2011, 06:43 PM
For those mad at Melo being weary of tampering, it looks like he had good reason to be:

The Nets have not yet been granted permission to meet with Carmelo Anthony, according to a league source.

New Jersey may eventually receive permission from Denver, but they hadn't as of Monday.

Anthony said following a loss to the Spurs on Sunday night that he had no plans to meet with the Nets.

It has been reported by ESPN.com's Marc Stein that Anthony will meet with the Nets on Tuesday or Wednesday to discuss a possible contract extension, which could help finalize the long-rumored three-team trade.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...elo/index.html

dang... that is so sick. It really looks like Denver is trying to trick Carmelo into meeting wiith New Jersey, so they can turn around and sue New Jersey, the leaguue and maybe even Carmelo for "tampering" and get some draft picks.

Nuggets FAIL

Anilyzer
01-17-2011, 06:44 PM
That's right

Why are the Heat fans trying to use Melo's situation to help Lebron's rep in this forum? it's going to go nowhere ...

Lebron never did anything wrong. He gave Cleveland the slap and the bitterness that they wanted, expected, and ultimately enjoyed more than having him actually be there.

footballer2369
01-17-2011, 06:45 PM
That's right

Hawkeye, Wolves fan, started the comparison.

Anilyzer
01-17-2011, 06:48 PM

FACE IT: Cavaliers played themselves, and continue to play themselves, by bending over backward to "keep" Lebron and acting like needy beeeoches, and by still continuing to whine and cry about it.

I think they and their fans think it makes them look justified and morally righteous or strong or something -- "we are better than Lebron."

uh, no, it just makes you look weak and stupid

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Hawkeye, Wolves fan, started the comparison.

Yes I know, makes you see things a little better now.

Lebron never did anything wrong. He gave Cleveland the slap and the bitterness that they wanted, expected, and ultimately enjoyed more than having him actually be there.

Ok

newbs001
01-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Ouch. Adrian Woj with some harsh words about the Nets and their chances of landing Melo.

Nets’ pitch to ’Melo: swing and miss?

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
1 hour, 16 minutes ago

Email
Print
The New Jersey Nets had strutted around so full of themselves: big talk, blustery billboards and puffed-up promises. Even so, no one bought into the myth of Mikhail Prokhorov the way they did within that forlorn franchise. The Nets treat the Russian owner like some deity, like a Euro Mark Cuban, when he’s little more than an absentee landlord cutting big checks and delivering delusional proclamations of championship parades inside of five seasons.

If the Nets truly need to sell Carmelo Anthony(notes) on accepting the trade and signing a contract extension, they’re a bigger lost cause than they’ve ever been. The Nets can’t let Prokhorov and Jay-Z get on a jet and go sell that now because this process has already cost them too much credibility – and because billionaires aren’t supposed to beg. Make no mistake: The manufactured aura of this ownership dream team will be obliterated with a ’Melo rejection.

More From Adrian Wojnarowski
Rose standing tall among NBA elite Jan 16, 2011
Cavs discuss deal for ’Cats’ Wallace Jan 14, 2011

Carmelo Anthony has yet to publicly say whether he wants to play for the Nets.
(NBAE/Getty Images)
After all, ’Melo isn’t Kobe Bryant(notes). He isn’t LeBron James(notes). Or Dwyane Wade(notes). He isn’t a transcendent talent who sells out the arena, elevates everyone and changes everything. Anthony is a prolific scorer, but he’ll never be your leader. There are stars worth a franchise selling out everything, but Anthony isn’t one of them. For all the big talk out of these Nets, all the promises that the world wanted to come play for the Russian billionaire and rap mogul in Brooklyn, that makes ’Melo’s painful, public reluctance to make a commitment even worse.

Prokhorov promised a title by 2016, but the way the Nets are going now, they’ll be fortunate to win a playoff series over that time. And that’s with or without ’Melo. The Nets barged boldly into last summer’s free agency to emerge with a class that included Johan Petro(notes) and Jordan Farmar(notes). No one of substance cared about Prokhorov’s move to Brooklyn or his yachts and mansions and jets and entourages of party girls.

When everyone believed Prokhorov would hit the NBA like a force nature, he’s hit it like Herb Kohl.

Now, the Nets are behaving in a most desperate way and trying too hard to validate Prokhorov’s relevance in the sport. Anthony treats the Nets like the unattractive girl he refuses to tell his friends he’s seeing on the side. She walks past in the lunch room, tosses him a smile and ’Melo tells his friends he hasn’t an idea why she keeps doing that.

Part of it is Anthony trying to protect his image, sparing himself a LeBron-esque lampooning. Part of it is simply denying everything, so there’s no follow-up questions to answer. Part of it is pure confusion and frustration, because as hard as his wife and reps push him on the Nets, it come down to this for ’Melo: Why would I do this?

This has become pure folly, and the Nets have allowed themselves to become the punch line. The Denver Nuggets keep coming back for a larger haul, pushing to get another 2010 first-round pick – injured, but promising rookie Damion James(notes) – into the trade package, a league source said. They’ll make the Nets take Renaldo Balkman(notes) now, too. The Nets will send back three future first-round picks. New Jersey keeps bending, keeps giving and still has to go groveling to ’Melo. His reps have sold the Nets hard on this deal, and it’s believed that his wife, La La Vazquez, will get Joumana Kidd-level latitude within the franchise.

The Nets should’ve had an assurance months ago that Anthony would sign with them and spared themselves the embarrassment of this negotiating process. No one preys on desperation like William Wesley and he’s found so much with the Nets. Worldwide Wes controls CAA’s basketball division – its coaches and players – and sees New Jersey as a prime location to package them for monster commissions and maximum influence. With LeBron helping recruit, they’re working college and high school kids hard on a future with CAA. The packaging of James, Wade and Chris Bosh(notes) to Miami has changed everything and pushed future free agents into a conglomerate mindset.

Old-school New York Knicks president Donnie Walsh never warmed to the idea that agents could dictate his coaching hire, but the Nets’ move to Brooklyn makes everything negotiable. Everything’s available there. The Nets’ suits need to sell sponsorships and fill a new arena in 2012 for a franchise that barely has a fan base in Jersey – never mind one that resonates across the Hudson River.

Yes, everyone senses desperation with these Nets – the Nuggets, ’Melo’s agents – and that’s for good reason. They’re selling and selling, but no one’s been buying the big, mysterious Russian billionaire who actually isn’t such a mystery after all. He doesn’t know the NBA. He doesn’t like the Internet because he says there’s too much information. He barely had any thoughts about who to hire or why. And he’s never around anyway.

Through it all this summer, New Jersey ran TV ads promoting salary-cap space. The Nets thrust bigger-than-life murals of ownership on the sides of skyscrapers and even shadowed Madison Square Garden with that Prokhorov/Jay-Z “Blueprint for Success” monstrosity. They taunted the Knicks, and promptly crumbled back to the bottom of the Eastern Conference.

All of the bravado was wildly entertaining, and all of it completely without substance. Blueprint? There’s no blueprint, just a serious of shots in the dark. They’re winging it, and that’s never been so clear. If they get ’Melo, they get him on Denver’s terms: young players and picks and dumping of bad contracts onto New Jersey. If they get ’Melo, they get him on the agent’s desire to include cap-crushing Richard Hamilton(notes) into the deal. If they get ’Melo – truly get him – he won’t be choosing the Nets. ’Melo will be choosing the market and money.

Mikhail Prokhorov is on his way to the United States on Tuesday, and the Nets believe he’ll head to the Rockies with Jay-Z to sell Carmelo Anthony. Desperation meeting desperation in Denver. Between bullying and charm, Prokhorov has amassed a global fortune and sold an image of mystery and intrigue. And yet, so far, his ownership run with Nets has had far more bluster than buoyancy.

In the end, it comes down to this. Get on the plane, Mikhail and Jay-Z, and you’d better come back with something you should’ve had long ago: a commitment from Carmelo Anthony, a promise fulfilled finally from what’s turning out to be one more delusional, directionless NBA owner and his fumbling franchise.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...santhony011711

Mudvayne91
01-17-2011, 06:52 PM
dang... that is so sick. It really looks like Denver is trying to trick Carmelo into meeting wiith New Jersey, so they can turn around and sue New Jersey, the leaguue and maybe even Carmelo for "tampering" and get some draft picks.

Nuggets FAIL

S*it, you're on to them....

Anilyzer
01-17-2011, 06:54 PM
the more I think about this, the more I think Denver's action really suck in this circumstance.

1st they are trying to trade on Carmelo's free agency, which they don't control and have no rights over.

Then they are trying hard to hammer out a deal and get Melo to sign in NJ.

Then, when that fails, they go to the media and say "we just want Carmelo to meet with the NJ owners, PERSONALLY, and let them try to sign hiim."

Carmelo is right: why the heck should he even consider personally meeting with NJ? Why is that his job? What obligation does he have to do that?

it's totally stupid, and obviously the Nuggets are trying to just shift the blame to Carmelo.

this is totally classless

Young and Stupid
01-17-2011, 06:55 PM
:laugh: The Nets are hilarious.

James and another first-rounder, when they're already giving up WAY too much. I hope Woj is being tongue-in-cheek, because that's even more desperate than I thought they had the capacity to be.

This is a circus. Most of my friends (all of my friends are Knicks fans) have been pushing me to convert and I've been resisting because I don't want to be a band-wagoner, but the Nets are making it harder and harder for me to hold on. They traded the only entertaining player on the team (T-Will), they're more focused on making money than they are on producing a good basketball team, the coach has a mentality and style that doesn't fit today's players, there doesn't seem to be a plan in place and they reek of desperation.

I swore to myself that if the Nets traded for Melo without him signing the extension I would convert, even if he were to eventually sign the extension because they pushed him into a corner. At this point, it doesn't seem too far-fetched that the Nets will do just that if Melo can't be convinced.

Consider this my one-month (trade deadline is February 24th) notice.

Evolution23
01-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Does that mean hes singning with the Knicks in the summer?

sintaks12
01-17-2011, 06:59 PM
The New Jersey Nets had strutted around so full of themselves: big talk, blustery billboards and puffed-up promises. Even so, no one bought into the myth of Mikhail Prokhorov the way they did within that forlorn franchise. The Nets treat the Russian owner like some deity, like a Euro Mark Cuban, when he’s little more than an absentee landlord cutting big checks and delivering delusional proclamations of championship parades inside of five seasons.

If the Nets truly need to sell Carmelo Anthony(notes) on accepting the trade and signing a contract extension, they’re a bigger lost cause than they’ve ever been. The Nets can’t let Prokhorov and Jay-Z get on a jet and go sell that now because this process has already cost them too much credibility – and because billionaires aren’t supposed to beg. Make no mistake: The manufactured aura of this ownership dream team will be obliterated with a ’Melo rejection.

More From Adrian Wojnarowski
Rose standing tall among NBA elite Jan 16, 2011
Cavs discuss deal for ’Cats’ Wallace Jan 14, 2011

Carmelo Anthony has yet to publicly say whether he wants to play for the Nets.
(NBAE/Getty Images)
After all, ’Melo isn’t Kobe Bryant(notes). He isn’t LeBron James(notes). Or Dwyane Wade(notes). He isn’t a transcendent talent who sells out the arena, elevates everyone and changes everything. Anthony is a prolific scorer, but he’ll never be your leader. There are stars worth a franchise selling out everything, but Anthony isn’t one of them. For all the big talk out of these Nets, all the promises that the world wanted to come play for the Russian billionaire and rap mogul in Brooklyn, that makes ’Melo’s painful, public reluctance to make a commitment even worse.

Prokhorov promised a title by 2016, but the way the Nets are going now, they’ll be fortunate to win a playoff series over that time. And that’s with or without ’Melo. The Nets barged boldly into last summer’s free agency to emerge with a class that included Johan Petro(notes) and Jordan Farmar(notes). No one of substance cared about Prokhorov’s move to Brooklyn or his yachts and mansions and jets and entourages of party girls.

When everyone believed Prokhorov would hit the NBA like a force nature, he’s hit it like Herb Kohl.

Now, the Nets are behaving in a most desperate way and trying too hard to validate Prokhorov’s relevance in the sport. Anthony treats the Nets like the unattractive girl he refuses to tell his friends he’s seeing on the side. She walks past in the lunch room, tosses him a smile and ’Melo tells his friends he hasn’t an idea why she keeps doing that.

Part of it is Anthony trying to protect his image, sparing himself a LeBron-esque lampooning. Part of it is simply denying everything, so there’s no follow-up questions to answer. Part of it is pure confusion and frustration, because as hard as his wife and reps push him on the Nets, it come down to this for ’Melo: Why would I do this?

This has become pure folly, and the Nets have allowed themselves to become the punch line. The Denver Nuggets keep coming back for a larger haul, pushing to get another 2010 first-round pick – injured, but promising rookie Damion James(notes) – into the trade package, a league source said. They’ll make the Nets take Renaldo Balkman(notes) now, too. The Nets will send back three future first-round picks. New Jersey keeps bending, keeps giving and still has to go groveling to ’Melo. His reps have sold the Nets hard on this deal, and it’s believed that his wife, La La Vazquez, will get Joumana Kidd-level latitude within the franchise.

The Nets should’ve had an assurance months ago that Anthony would sign with them and spared themselves the embarrassment of this negotiating process. No one preys on desperation like William Wesley and he’s found so much with the Nets. Worldwide Wes controls CAA’s basketball division – its coaches and players – and sees New Jersey as a prime location to package them for monster commissions and maximum influence. With LeBron helping recruit, they’re working college and high school kids hard on a future with CAA. The packaging of James, Wade and Chris Bosh(notes) to Miami has changed everything and pushed future free agents into a conglomerate mindset.

Old-school New York Knicks president Donnie Walsh never warmed to the idea that agents could dictate his coaching hire, but the Nets’ move to Brooklyn makes everything negotiable. Everything’s available there. The Nets’ suits need to sell sponsorships and fill a new arena in 2012 for a franchise that barely has a fan base in Jersey – never mind one that resonates across the Hudson River.

Yes, everyone senses desperation with these Nets – the Nuggets, ’Melo’s agents – and that’s for good reason. They’re selling and selling, but no one’s been buying the big, mysterious Russian billionaire who actually isn’t such a mystery after all. He doesn’t know the NBA. He doesn’t like the Internet because he says there’s too much information. He barely had any thoughts about who to hire or why. And he’s never around anyway.

Through it all this summer, New Jersey ran TV ads promoting salary-cap space. The Nets thrust bigger-than-life murals of ownership on the sides of skyscrapers and even shadowed Madison Square Garden with that Prokhorov/Jay-Z “Blueprint for Success” monstrosity. They taunted the Knicks, and promptly crumbled back to the bottom of the Eastern Conference.

All of the bravado was wildly entertaining, and all of it completely without substance. Blueprint? There’s no blueprint, just a serious of shots in the dark. They’re winging it, and that’s never been so clear. If they get ’Melo, they get him on Denver’s terms: young players and picks and dumping of bad contracts onto New Jersey. If they get ’Melo, they get him on the agent’s desire to include cap-crushing Richard Hamilton(notes) into the deal. If they get ’Melo – truly get him – he won’t be choosing the Nets. ’Melo will be choosing the market and money.

Mikhail Prokhorov is on his way to the United States on Tuesday, and the Nets believe he’ll head to the Rockies with Jay-Z to sell Carmelo Anthony. Desperation meeting desperation in Denver. Between bullying and charm, Prokhorov has amassed a global fortune and sold an image of mystery and intrigue. And yet, so far, his ownership run with Nets has had far more bluster than buoyancy.

In the end, it comes down to this. Get on the plane, Mikhail and Jay-Z, and you’d better come back with something you should’ve had long ago: a commitment from Carmelo Anthony, a promise fulfilled finally from what’s turning out to be one more delusional, directionless NBA owner and his fumbling franchise.

Damn. Ouch.

Russollini
01-17-2011, 07:00 PM
So let me get this straight, Melo should sign an extension with any team that the Nuggets want to trade him too? He is not blocking a trade, he just knows where he wants to play next year, and does not want to sign an extension based on where the Nuggets want him to play. Isn't the point of FA being able to pick whatever team you want to play for? I am a Heat fan, and I think Lebron was wrong for how he did it, but he had the right to do it, he was unemployed and found a job, his deal not the Cavs. He is a jerk, but that is not anyones issue, but his own. Melo told the team before the year started he wold not resign (something the others did not do) and he said he would play this year to his best ability (he has for the most part). What more do the Nuggets want. He has simply stated he wants to play in NY. So he even gave the Nuggets a team to work with. There is no decision here, he wants to be a Knick next year, that is his choice, period. As for this year, he stated it clearly, I play for Denver.

GodsSon
01-17-2011, 07:00 PM
What a little *****...then again, that sucker punch against the Knicks showed he was a ***** years ago

Mudvayne91
01-17-2011, 07:16 PM

If he's still a Nugget Feb 25th, there's a good chance.

newbs001
01-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Do the Nuggets have a Plan B in Melo trade saga? They might need it
By CHRIS DEMPSEY

SAN ANTONIO – It’s almost fitting that news broke of an impending meeting between the Nets and Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony in the city of the Alamo.

Consider this the Nuggets’ and Nets’ last stand. They can only hope it ends better than that did for the Texian Army in 1836.

Anthony doesn’t want to sign an extension with the Nets. If he did, this teeth-pulling exercise probably wouldn’t be necessary and he would have done so long ago. Anthony’s reluctance to give a definitive verdict – or the two organizations’ reluctance to accept one to the negative – has kept the Nets portion of the trade saga going. This is probably the week we reach a final ruling one way or another on a trade that involves Anthony and 13 or more other players, one of which is Chauncey Billups who’d rather stay in Denver.

This is certainly the best deal for the Nuggets. They would get a young, promising player in Derrick Favors, draft picks and salary relief. It’s a trade worth fighting for. But after this week, if Anthony has stood his ground after hearing the biggest and best pitches and presentations from both teams, you’d have to believe it’s time for everyone to move on.

For New Jersey that might mean offering a condensed package – not giving away as many assets to acquire Anthony, who would then just be little more than a rent-a-player – with two and a half months to convince him to stay. Or the Nets could move on altogether, comforted, however uneasily, by the fact that as presently constructed they are headed for the lottery. That pick could land them one of a nice crop of young college stars should they decide to declare for the draft.

As for the Nuggets, it would mean scaling back their vision. It’s hard to give Nuggets president Josh Kroenke and executive vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri anything but an ‘A’ for effort, for exploration and for persistence. But when a person has their mind set on something, sometimes the best laid plans and most carefully constructed presentations don’t matter. That player, in this case Anthony, is going to do what they want to do.

What he wants to do is end up in New York. Either for the remainder of this season – which would be ideal for him because it would allow him to grab the $65 million extension as well, or at the start of next season should there be no lockout. He can take an enormous step to do that by simply refusing the advances of the Nets and shrugging his shoulders at the Nuggets, even if the plans both teams have for him sound good.

Carmelo Anthony drives against Tim Duncan on Sunday. (AP)

The Nuggets, then, would be forced to go to Plan B. What might that be? First off, it would require squaring themselves with the notion that they won’t get everything they are seeking. That’s never ideal, but there’s no debate the front office kicked the tires in near every corner of the NBA to get what they wanted. If the Knicks were willing to try to acquire the very talented, if underachieving this season, guard O.J. Mayo to send to the Nuggets, part with one or two of the trio of Wilson Chandler, Landry Fields and Danilo Gallinari and find a first-round draft pick to boot, the Nuggets would seriously have to consider that. It’s not the moon, but certainly hits some stars.

Anthony says he doesn’t want to talk to any team; that “I let the front office handle that type of stuff. It ain’t my job to be talking to New Jersey, New York, Lakers, Dallas, no one. I still won’t step into something like that.” But you’d have to believe he can be convinced – or maybe forced – into a meeting to at least hear the Nets out. He can choose to do so with an eye roll or with interest.

But at this point, as odd as this sounds, the Nuggets may have a better chance at convincing Anthony to stay in Denver than they do to sign an extension to be traded to the Nets. Neither is any good, but Anthony’s stand against New Jersey appears much more steadfast than any gripe he may have about staying in the Mile High City.

For the Nuggets, solving this after the season is out. Anthony will opt out of his contract and simply become an unrestricted free agent. Then, he owes nothing to anyone and can do what he wants. He risks losing millions, but then again maybe he doesn’t. If a hard cap is instituted as part of the new collective bargaining agreement, that might shave money off of this extension anyway. So staying with the Nuggets the entire season might not be that great a gamble for him.

But it would be for the Nuggets. Anthony is holding the cards in a lot of ways. His refusal to go to New Jersey would not only stay true to what he’s feeling but would also keep his good friend, Billups, from having to leave his hometown while still getting a chance to go to his. The Nuggets would have to seriously open discussions with the Knicks and come to a solution to get as much as they can for one of the NBA’s best players. Or the Nuggets could deal him to a team looking for what it feels is the final piece to a title run. But conventional wisdom says that wouldn’t yield as a good a package as the Knicks could cobble together.

We are likely the closest to a resolution in the Nets-Nuggets trade mess than we have been at any point this season. Anthony can make his last stand by simply saying ‘Thanks, but no thanks.’ And he’d win. One way or another, the door to Anthony playing in Madison Square Garden either this year or next would be as wide open as it ever has.

It’s been a more painful process than he thought it would be, but Anthony has worked himself to the doorstep of what he wants. He just has to walk through it.

And the Nuggets will have to prove to be deft in changing courses.

Chris Dempsey: Twitter @dempseypost or cdempsey@denverpost.com

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/...might-need-it/

jimm120
01-17-2011, 07:23 PM
What a little *****...then again, that sucker punch against the Knicks showed he was a ***** years ago

Dude...obviously you're not reading.

It is DENVER trying to trade him.

Melo is NOT trying to get traded.

Denver can trade him if the want, Melo does not have the power to stop the deal.

Melo does NOT have to sign away an extension just because the Nuggets want him to.

How can people NOT see this? Denver is trying to force him to sign his new contract (with them or with another team of their choosing) and you guys think that MELO is the bad guy because he didn't sign the extension?

-Not signing an extension is the player's right.
-Not offering an extension is the team's right.

Would you, a fan, get heated if your team didn't offer a superstar an extension? yeah. But would you consider it wrong? Wrong decision probably, but not that the team is the bad guy.

Each party has its rights. Melo DOES NOT have a NO TRADE CLAUSE. Denver DOES NOT have a "SIGN THIS EXTENSION OR ELSE" POWER EITHER.

JerseysFinest
01-17-2011, 07:29 PM
If it all plays out like we're hearing no. Sometime in February, the Nuggets will probably agree to terms on a deal for him, because Carmelo at some point will tell the Nuggets FO that it's the Knicks or nobody. And seeing as Denver does not want a repeat of the LeBron-Cleveland situation, they'll probably oblige. I wonder who you guys end up trading?

nycericanguy
01-17-2011, 07:30 PM

Denver can trade him if the want, Melo does not have the power to stop the deal.

Melo does NOT have to sign away an extension just because the Nuggets want him to.

How can people NOT see this? Denver is trying to force him to sign his new contract (with them or with another team of their choosing) and you guys think that MELO is the bad guy because he didn't sign the extension?

Would you, a fan, get heated if your team didn't offer a superstar an extension? yeah. But would you consider it wrong? Wrong decision probably, but not that the team is the bad guy.

Each party has its rights. Melo DOES NOT have a NO TRADE CLAUSE. Denver DOES NOT have a "SIGN THIS EXTENSION OR ELSE" POWER EITHER.

agreed, it seems like DEN & NJ are almost trying to blackmail him into signing an extension to play somewhere he seemingly does not want to play in.

DeyAce
01-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Biggest drama queen since lebron

ThunderZubb
01-17-2011, 07:41 PM

Your the most ignorant poster that Prosportsdaily has ever had seriously. This guy should be banned already. Your probably 400 lb virgin sitting behind the computer. Cleveland Fans didnt deserve what Lebron did to them and serioulsy you should get a slap you wanted, expected and would ultimately enjoy like you said Cleveland Fans deserve.

Lake_Show2416
01-17-2011, 07:43 PM
which means: "I'm only going to NEW YORK whether you trade me at the deadline or i go as a free agent"

jimm120
01-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Biggest drama queen since lebron

wELL, THE Biggest problem I find is that there are SOOOO MANY posters on THIS SPORTS SITE (which means they must be at least somewhat "hardcore" into sports than most people and fans) that feel that Melo is doing an incredibly bad thing.

This is ALL DENVER.
THEY want to get an extension (reasonable)
didn't get it

THEY want to trade him.
only getting a big package if they trade him and he signs the extension (which seems unlikely now)

THEy THEY THEY

There is nothing on Melo here. Melo
-DOES NOT have a no trade clause
-DOES NOT dictate where he can be traded

Melo does have
-The right to sign the extension wherever he wants
-The right to sign as a free agent this coming summer wherever he wants.

Denver has most of the cards. They can trade him if they want to. I'd prefer they just kept him. If you're a winning team, you should keep your player and hope for a run during the playoffs.

Denver is doing what losing teams do when a player is going to hit free agency: they try to trade him.

AddiX
01-17-2011, 07:51 PM

This is what I've been trying to say, this is the first time I can remember that a team has tried to completely bully a player to play where they wanted him to play for a contract that they won't be paying anyway.

Melo was a good guy to tell them before the season he wouldn't sign an extension with him. So instead of trying to work with him, they go and try to trade him to NJ.

People need to think how they would feel in his position.

Mudvayne91
01-17-2011, 07:55 PM
If it all plays out like we're hearing no. Sometime in February, the Nuggets will probably agree to terms on a deal for him, because Carmelo at some point will tell the Nuggets FO that it's the Knicks or nobody. And seeing as Denver does not want a repeat of the LeBron-Cleveland situation, they'll probably oblige. I wonder who you guys end up trading?

It's painfully obvious the Nuggets have no interest in the Knicks talent. If they feel they can trade him as a rent a player and in return get a better deal in their eyes, what makes you think they wouldn't do it? Especially since they really don't want to give into Melo's demand?

nystandup
01-17-2011, 08:03 PM
It's painfully obvious the Nuggets have no interest in the Knicks talent. If they feel they can trade him as a rent a player and in return get a better deal in their eyes, what makes you think they wouldn't do it? Especially since they really don't want to give into Melo's demand?

If melo stands by his comments that its not about the money and more about winning a championship I guess he can get sent to a team thats trying to make a run which he might want to extend with. But if he is set on playing back home and wants to have a chance to win achampionship, I guess he would sign with the Knicks in the summer as a free agent

THE WALL
01-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Dear Melo,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgIlTyCiVYQ

THE WALL
01-17-2011, 08:07 PM
double post

Mudvayne91
01-17-2011, 08:08 PM
This is what I've been trying to say, this is the first time I can remember that a team has tried to completely bully a player to play where they wanted him to play for a contract that they won't be paying anyway.

Melo was a good guy to tell them before the season he wouldn't sign an extension with him. So instead of trying to work with him, they go and try to trade him to NJ.

People need to think how they would feel in his position.

He's entitled to sign wherever he wants at the end of the year if he chooses. He's not entitled to say give me a contract extension and trade me to NY. The Nuggets ARE entitled to trade him anywhere they desire this year. They ARE entitled to say if he doesn't want to be here, but wants that contract extension, then here are your option(s).

Once again, Melo has no right to say give me that extension and ship me out to NY. But like I said, if he wants to wait till FA to sign with the Knicks, that's his prerogative.

Hellcrooner

find me a quote on when i laughed bout they going to miami¿?.

cargobox
Come on Carmelo, go to the Clippers!

AddiX
01-17-2011, 08:09 PM

Please show me where you have seen a legit source say there is trade offers for him as a rent player?

No one is giving up anything to rent him.

jimm120
01-17-2011, 08:12 PM

yeah, if this Nets deal falls through, that would be the only other option that the Knicks would have to hurdle.

Option 1
Trade Melo for talented young players, 3 first round picks, expirings, AND dumping bad contracts. (no wonder they want to do this!)

Option 2A
Trade Melo to the Knicks for 2 players (Wilson and Fields probably) and a 1st round pick

Option 2B
Trade Melo to a contender and "get whatever they can for a rental". Probably just a young player and a late 1st rounder or a 2nd rounder

Option 3
KEEP Melo and try to get him to re-sign in the offseasn.

Option 4
KEEP Melo and let him walk

Now, OPTION 3 is pretty much out the window. Why? Because the team didn't attempt it. They opted to trade him without trying further to re-sign him.

If OPTION 1 is out of the way, then the Knicks just have to be "better" than whatever they get from the rental (which is never a lot).

BTW, I still think Denver should keep him to make a run.
Also, as a knicks fan, I'd like to get him in the offseason "for free" instead.
but even if I didn't yearn for the Knicks to "get him for free", I still think that the Nuggets should keep him. I understand a fringe playoff team or even a losing team trading away their player. But not a team like the Nuggets, who can be a top 4 seed.

JerseysFinest
01-17-2011, 08:12 PM

I've read they would not trade him to teams like Houston or Dallas because it's the same conference, and they wouldn't want to face him. As for the Eastern Conference, I can only see maybe Atlanta trying maybe to snag him, but not likely. Everyone thought Orlando first, but with their recent acquisitions, no need. That leaves the Knicks, and I do believe, and I've said this before, that if Walsh can somehow get a draft pick or two somehow, whether it's trading AR4 or something else, an offer of Fields, Curry, Gallinari, and Chandler (I'm not sure if Knicks would keep him) draft pick (s), and cash considerations is a very nice return for Melo. They'd probably have to take back one of their longterm deals like Anderson or Balkman, but at least getting Birdman would help STAT up front.

jimm120
01-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Please show me where you have seen a legit source say there is trade offers for him as a rent player?

No one has proposed nothing because the Nuggets have made it clear that they don't WANT any kind of deal like that.

Now, if the Nets deal falls through (again...and again,...and now again), then you'll see teams trying to get him as a rental.

I can see Dallas being a big time player in this.

Mudvayne91
01-17-2011, 08:21 PM
If melo stands by his comments that its not about the money and more about winning a championship I guess he can get sent to a team thats trying to make a run which he might want to extend with. But if he is set on playing back home and wants to have a chance to win achampionship, I guess he would sign with the Knicks in the summer as a free agent

Completely agree. I think if he's not dealt by the time the deadline is looming, we will certainly see where he really stands. I think there's some substance to that quote you mentioned, but I've also heard him say where he comes from, you don't leave that kind of money on the table when he was asked why he signed his last extension with the Nugs.

Sadly, I think this will/is turning to a bad game of chicken. Who will give in 1st. Truly sucks for us Denver fans because it's so hard to become interested in a team that isn't going to be nearly as good in a few months.

Mudvayne91
01-17-2011, 08:28 PM

Hochman is a writer for the Denver Post, pretty darn reliable I'd say. And I'd beg to differ, there would be teams that would give decent value.

http://theswamp51.wordpress.com/2010/12/22/rent-a-melo-teams-are-interested-in-renting-carmelo-anthony-for-the-season/

Hochman writes: “NBA sources said Tuesday a couple of contending teams have expressed interest in ‘renting’ Anthony for the rest of the season. Those teams appear willing to trade for Melo knowing they might not be able to sign him to a long-term contract. The sources would not identify the teams willing to possibly rent Anthony, but Dallas could be one team making an inquiry

sintaks12
01-17-2011, 08:29 PM
He's entitled to sign wherever he wants at the end of the year if he chooses. He's not entitled to say give me a contract extension and trade me to NY. The Nuggets ARE entitled to trade him anywhere they desire this year. They ARE entitled to say if he doesn't want to be here, but wants that contract extension, then here are your option(s).

Once again, Melo has no right to say give me that extension and ship me out to NY. But like I said, if he wants to wait till FA to sign with the Knicks, that's his prerogative.

The Nugs are entitled to trade Melo anywhere, the only problem is no one will rent him... especially at the price they're asking. So, it's deal with NY or play chicken with him and wait until FA. But I can't see them doing that considering Ujiri just lost his game of chicken with Bosh. You may not like NY's assets, but the longer this drags on, the less Denver gets in return. Cut your losses, swallow your pride and trade him to the Knicks... or risk losing him for nothing.

sintaks12
01-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Hochman is a writer for the Denver Post, pretty darn reliable I'd say. And I'd beg to differ, there would be teams that would give decent value.

http://theswamp51.wordpress.com/2010/12/22/rent-a-melo-teams-are-interested-in-renting-carmelo-anthony-for-the-season/

Any rent-a-Melo package would not match what the Knicks would offer, especially since Donnie can get first round picks. If they trade him to a renter just to spite Meo and take the lesser package, then I feel bad for Denver fans... and Ujiri should be fired. Just bad business. As crappy as it sounds, Melo kinda has them by the short and curlies. They need to deal with it and get what they can from NY.

nystandup
01-17-2011, 08:41 PM
stephenasmith

@JeanNYKNicks They're trying. Something should go down this week. NJ's still out in front, though.
8 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to JeanNYKNicks

nystandup
01-17-2011, 08:42 PM
idk if it means nj is still out in front because they actually have the basis of a deal already in place but it all depends on melo's willingness to sign?

JerseysFinest
01-17-2011, 08:45 PM
stephenasmith

@JeanNYKNicks They're trying. Something should go down this week. NJ's still out in front, though.
8 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to JeanNYKNicks

Didn't Stephen A. predict the Miami Heatles too? :)
JK, JK, only time will tell at this point, too many conflicting articles

Mudvayne91
01-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Any rent-a-Melo package would not match what the Knicks would offer, especially since Donnie can get first round picks. If they trade him to a renter just to spite Meo and take the lesser package, then I feel bad for Denver fans... and Ujiri should be fired. Just bad business. As crappy as it sounds, Melo kinda has them by the short and curlies. They need to deal with it and get what they can from NY.

Here's the thing though. Whether you, me, or even Jesus himself thinks the offer that NY has isn't bad, it appears the Nugs don't and that's what matters. If they don't like the players, why would they take them on their roster to fill up cap space? At least if he signs as a FA, the Nugs get that cap relief. I mean even a late first round pick and a role player might be seen as a more desirable trade to them.

And yes, Melo has some leverage. I won't argue that. However, the Nugs hold that contract extension before the new CBA deal card. So I wouldn't say the Nugs are completely helpless.

RedRicanoBx
01-17-2011, 08:49 PM
so let me get this straight you guys think melo should sign a 3yr extension to a team he does not want to play for ??? just for what denvers buisness ?? no thats not right the man wants to go to where he wants to go LET HIM BE! everyone else has that oppurtunity why not him ??

and worst than lebron ?? Please cut the bs lebron not only left his hometown but embarrassed them on TV !!!!! how the F U C K is melo worst than lebron ??

smh I wont be reading any responses this thread is lame smh

RedRicanoBx
01-17-2011, 08:53 PM

yea thats what ive been saying but i hope donnie low balls them cause denver is playing games all this "i dont want no buisness with ny"

CountSackula
01-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Trade him to Latvia for cash.

sintaks12
01-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Here's the thing though. Whether you, me, or even Jesus himself thinks the offer that NY has isn't bad, it appears the Nugs don't and that's what matters. If they don't like the players, why would they take them on their roster to fill up cap space? At least if he signs as a FA, the Nugs get that cap relief. I mean even a late first round pick and a role player might be seen as a more desirable trade to them.

And yes, Melo has some leverage. I won't argue that. However, the Nugs hold that contract extension before the new CBA deal card. So I wouldn't say the Nugs are completely helpless.

If Donnie truly can get first round picks like he's claiming, this is a no brainer. If the NJ deal falls through and NY offers something involving multiple picks and Denver turns it down, then it's simply out of spite. I can't really blame them... they feel like they're getting played. But it would take a lot of balls from them to say a late first rounder and cap relief is better than the Knicks offer. In the end it's a business and they'll make the best deal for the organization, all perceptions aside.

goose14741
01-17-2011, 09:07 PM

the knicks ARE winning, what do you base that on.