PDA

View Full Version : Let's get real.....Carmelo belongs on the Clippers (main page)

TheBatchelor213
01-17-2011, 12:25 AM
After reading the article on espn.com (sorry dont have the link).....and the recent play of the Clippers...along with the large market Carmelo desires....that is where he belongs....granted theres no way in heck the deal would involve Blake Griffin....but a Chris Kaman, Alfred Amino, and the first round draft pick the Clips have from the Wolves nxt season imo comes close to what the Nuggets would get from the Nets...if Denver opted not to keep Kaman they could probably turn around and swap him out to a team like Charlote for say Wallance and a 1st rounder still making them a competive team all the while re-building. If I'm the Clippers.....I do the trade even if Carmelo opts not to sign the 3 year deal up front.......go for it, right now, spend the nxt 4 months shocking the world to the point where you make Melo not want to leave....plus is he going to leave that money on the table? Doubt it. I hate how Melo and some of these other guys dictate where they want to go, but on the other end this makes sense in so many ways, and I want the Clippers to win. Worst case...Melo does not resign with the Clips, they get something back from the Knicks in a sign and trade but they prove to their fans they are finally committed to winning.

imagine this...

C. Jordan
PF Griffin
SF Melo
SG Gordon
PG Diddy

wow.....and from Denver's pov...there getting a half assed Anthony right now....they finally get rid of him but get enough in return to stay competitive not only this season but for season's to come. Makes too much sense.

LTBaByyy
01-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Alfred Aminu?? Lol

Tony_Starks
01-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Clippers do have the combination of young talent, good players, and draft picks that they're looking for. If I were Melo I'd mos def be thinking about the Clippers. Him and Griffin up front with Eric Gordon and BD in the backcourt would be pretty sick!!

TheBatchelor213
01-17-2011, 12:42 AM
Alfred Aminu?? Lol

kids got upside man, having been to about 10 games this season.....the upside is definitely there.

effen5
01-17-2011, 12:43 AM
Melo would actually be a great fit for the Clips...

If I were the Clips, I would offer the kitchen sink minus Blake for Melo.

Building around Melo and Blake would give them a very good future.

wolverine54
01-17-2011, 12:46 AM
Here's the link to the article you are talking about. Good article. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110113&sportCat=nba

F*(&"Next Year"
01-17-2011, 12:46 AM
After reading the article on espn.com (sorry dont have the link).....and the recent play of the Clippers...along with the large market Carmelo desires....that is where he belongs....granted theres no way in heck the deal would involve Blake Griffin....but a Chris Kaman, Alfred Amino, and the first round draft pick the Clips have from the Wolves nxt season imo comes close to what the Nuggets would get from the Nets...if Denver opted not to keep Kaman they could probably turn around and swap him out to a team like Charlote for say Wallance and a 1st rounder still making them a competive team all the while re-building. If I'm the Clippers.....I do the trade even if Carmelo opts not to sign the 3 year deal up front.......go for it, right now, spend the nxt 4 months shocking the world to the point where you make Melo not want to leave....plus is he going to leave that money on the table? Doubt it. I hate how Melo and some of these other guys dictate where they want to go, but on the other end this makes sense in so many ways, and I want the Clippers to win. Worst case...Melo does not resign with the Clips, they get something back from the Knicks in a sign and trade but they prove to their fans they are finally committed to winning.

imagine this...

C. Jordan
PF Griffin
SF Melo
SG Gordon
PG Diddy

wow.....and from Denver's pov...there getting a half assed Anthony right now....they finally get rid of him but get enough in return to stay competitive not only this season but for season's to come. Makes too much sense.

Im confused... Kaman for Gerald Wallace AND a first rounder?

Slimsim
01-17-2011, 12:50 AM
That's a scary team on paper

210Don
01-17-2011, 12:51 AM
no one belongs on the clippers.....

THE GIPPER
01-17-2011, 12:52 AM
kids got upside man, having been to about 10 games this season.....the upside is definitely there.

He was lolling cuz his name is not alfred

TheBatchelor213
01-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Im confused... Kaman for Gerald Wallace AND a first rounder?

Yeah, I was just throwing that out there as an example of what Denver could turn around and do with Kaman if they decided they didnt want to keep him....I knew Charlote and Jordan had heavy interest in the past and a trade like that would keep the Nuggets competive in the West by bringing them back a guy like Wallace and give them a mid range draft pick, and given Charlote's desire for a solid big man, as well as there desire to win, it would seem that a deal like that would fit into both teams plans, especially with the Nuggets already have Nene locked up for awhile.

metsfanssince05
01-17-2011, 12:54 AM
That would be a pretty effin good team. Griffin, Melo, and Gordon. Just get depth and there the new Lakers :D

Mishmin
01-17-2011, 12:56 AM
i can see it, although nuggets aren't trying to run into him that regularly

SteBO
01-17-2011, 12:56 AM
The way Denver management operates, unless they get Blake Griffin in return, Melo aint goin there.

TheBatchelor213
01-17-2011, 12:58 AM
He was lolling cuz his name is not alfred

ah pardon my head in the clouds lol....i always call him alfred either way

GSRaider
01-17-2011, 01:00 AM
He's said he wants to play in NY... Knicks or Brooklyn Nets...

hotpotato1092
01-17-2011, 01:02 AM
As a Knicks fan, I thank god every day that he hasn't realized this. Carmelo on the Clippers would be insane, it makes much more basketball sense. I'm just hoping his desire to play for the Knicks wins out, and that's what I think happens.

Hellcrooner
01-17-2011, 01:06 AM
lets get real, french fries taste much better with garlic flavoured mayonaisse.

tr3ymill3r
01-17-2011, 01:14 AM
Whereas LA has the star sized city he's looking for, why would he want to play second fiddle in his own city. LA will always be Lakerland and the Clippers will always be irrelevant with or without Griffin. If he doesn't get a highlight dunk, they don't even wind up on SC.

Ty Fast
01-17-2011, 01:15 AM
maybe if they gave up eric gordon they could get him

John Walls Era
01-17-2011, 01:17 AM
I think Bill Simmons wrote something about this. Smartest Move Melo could make. But too bad...

Tony_Starks
01-17-2011, 01:19 AM
Whereas LA has the star sized city he's looking for, why would he want to play second fiddle in his own city. LA will always be Lakerland and the Clippers will always be irrelevant with or without Griffin. If he doesn't get a highlight dunk, they don't even wind up on SC.

Not entirely true. Clippers actually get quite a bit of love out here and thats even when they were playing terrible. Its a whole new situation now, with him there it would make them officially legit. There's room for him and Blake, plenty of spotlight to go around.

Robbw241
01-17-2011, 01:20 AM
lets get real, french fries taste much better with garlic flavoured mayonaisse.

Um... yah sig quoted.

Kashmir13579
01-17-2011, 01:24 AM
that would be CRAZY. i would love it.

PhillyFan001
01-17-2011, 01:37 AM
I would be really happy if melo went to the clips because they have griffin a player i have liked since he was in high school and melo another player i really like. The clippers terrible owner may go out and make a few more moves to make the team better.

Dodgers99
01-17-2011, 01:44 AM
It makes too much sense. Supposedly, GM Neil Olshey had talks with Denver about Melo and they asked about Griffin, thus talks ended.

Not sure if I believe that though.

Dade County
01-17-2011, 01:45 AM
no one belongs on the clippers.....

Thank you.

I think Bill Simmons wrote something about this. Smartest Move Melo could make. But too bad...

what ever.

It's about getting rings right now people, you go to a proven franchise.

(The clips are good but come on people........smh)

aussie
01-17-2011, 01:56 AM
I would like to see this

but...
Melo sed he wants to be back in New York/Brooklyn, i hope out of the 2 he goes to the Nets

shep33
01-17-2011, 02:05 AM
Not entirely true. Clippers actually get quite a bit of love out here and thats even when they were playing terrible. Its a whole new situation now, with him there it would make them officially legit. There's room for him and Blake, plenty of spotlight to go around.

Yeah, but at the same time we gotta be honest with ourselves, the Lakers run LA, they always have and likely always will. It's sad but I mean its true, when you have a franchise like the Lakers, 16 Championships, and what 5 rings and 7 Finals appearances in what 10 years? I mean most franchises don't come close to the Lakers or Celtics... they're in a league of their own. That's not saying that the Clips can't be great, I think they can be a serious threat in a couple years (they remind me a lot like OKC).

It's just gonna be way to hard to convert Laker fans into Clipper fans, I mean it just won't happen. Even at Clipper games, I think half the crowd are basically laker fans.

Still Clips are on the right path.

shep33
01-17-2011, 02:06 AM
Denver wants young pieces and draft picks... Kaman and Davis won't get it done.

DetroitRipCity
01-17-2011, 02:07 AM

imagine this...

C. Jordan
PF Griffin
SF Melo
SG Gordon
PG Diddy

your crazy if you think Kamen is worth Wallace AND a first rounder

Antipod
01-17-2011, 02:09 AM
They could....but they won`t...C`mon, it`s Clippers :D

John Walls Era
01-17-2011, 02:12 AM

News to me that the Nets are going to win rings right now. They can't even with Billups and Rip.

cargobox
01-17-2011, 02:15 AM
I'd trade Ryan Gomes Chris Kaman and a bunch of picks instead... but you know it's the Nuggets, so nah

Dade County
01-17-2011, 02:17 AM
News to me that the Nets are going to win rings right now. They can't even with Billups and Rip.

Are you disagreeing or agreeing with my post? I really don't know what you are trying to say :confused:

Melo should go to a proven franchise if he wants to win a rings... Good night!

ElMarroAfamado
01-17-2011, 02:31 AM
Alfred Aminu is a good player haha
i would do this grade in a heartbeat

cargobox
01-17-2011, 02:59 AM
Thank you.

what ever.

go away troll

TheBatchelor213
01-17-2011, 03:07 AM

2nd fiddle?

This would form one of the biggest rivalries in sports.....and he would be the biggest player on a team that could possibly be a contender for years to come.....I dont think I would pass that up.

TheBatchelor213
01-17-2011, 03:08 AM
your crazy if you think Kamen is worth Wallace AND a first rounder

actually I think they would if the pick was top 10 protected. Wallace if having an off yr and theres not many big men out there with all start talent like Kaman.

ee
01-17-2011, 03:11 AM
why is this even a thread? Going to the Clippers would be worst than being a net....Instead of playing behind the knicks, he'll be playing behind the best team in history.....

Dade County
01-17-2011, 03:20 AM
go away troll

How am I a troll........... I get it, because you say so, my bad. lol

I know when you read my post all you saw was the truth, and you cant stand it.
Your just another fan, that wants to say that my team has a superstar:facepalm:

If it's not about rings, it don't make since. :D

king_couttsy
01-17-2011, 03:29 AM
How am I a troll........... I get it, because you say so, my bad. lol

I know when you read my post all you saw was the truth, and you cant stand it.
Your just another fan, that wants to say that my team has a superstar:facepalm:

If it's not about rings, it don't make since. :D

If I could understand what you were crapping on about, I'd be able to have an opinion. But what you wrote really doesn't make any since (sic) - so maybe have a re-think and come back to me.

TheBatchelor213
01-17-2011, 03:37 AM
why is this even a thread? Going to the Clippers would be worst than being a net....Instead of playing behind the knicks, he'll be playing behind the best team in history.....

why? because he has the best chance of winning with what the clippers has to offer. is he going to win with the nets? no. knicks? maybe. clippers. best chance. and lets just say Clippers take out Lakers in a playoff matchup while KObe is still around and Lakers are still on top of their game......just how amazing is that going to look on Carmelo's resume....and he will be respected a heck of alot more by going to the clips rather than going to the Nets and bouncing to the Knicks, or straight up forcing a trade to the Knicks....I cant predict the future but nobody will ever look at Lebron the same and Melo has always played 2nd fiddle to Bron.....by going to the Clips, which ultimately would be labeled his team, and winning......Melo becomes #1.

Dade County
01-17-2011, 03:39 AM
If I could understand what you were crapping on about, I'd be able to have an opinion. But what you wrote really doesn't make any since (sic) - so maybe have a re-think and come back to me.

I'm not crapping on anything...

You said I was trolling, so I said how? I was just saying that Melo should go to a franchise that is proven. I guess you did not like that, and you posted go away troll.

How am I trolling, because I feel that Melo would be wasting his talents as a clipper?

It's all about the rings :D

Dade County
01-17-2011, 03:43 AM
why? because he has the best chance of winning with what the clippers has to offer. is he going to win with the nets? no. knicks? maybe. clippers. best chance. and lets just say Clippers take out Lakers in a playoff matchup while KObe is still around and Lakers are still on top of their game......just how amazing is that going to look on Carmelo's resume....and he will be respected a heck of alot more by going to the clips rather than going to the Nets and bouncing to the Knicks, or straight up forcing a trade to the Knicks....I cant predict the future but nobody will ever look at Lebron the same and Melo has always played 2nd fiddle to Bron.....by going to the Clips, which ultimately would be labeled his team, and winning......Melo becomes #1.

That was very passionate... good for you. You sound like a true fan damn!:clap:
But Melo should join the lake show, if he would like to win rings.

Lake_Show2416
01-17-2011, 04:18 AM
no 1 deserves to be on the Clippers

xbrackattackx
01-17-2011, 11:43 AM
NUggets would ask for Aminu,Gordon,Bledsoe,Jordan and 17 draft picks.

OT Thriller
01-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Imagine the Melo vs Kobe rivalry.:jumpy:

ddhulett
01-17-2011, 04:07 PM
It would be a good trade for the Clips man but Melo is out by next year for sure! He wants to go back home and play with Amare.

And I'm sure you would have to give up Gordon and possibly Kaman in this trade...It's Carmelo they wont just take your left overs they want some proven players.

TheBatchelor213
01-17-2011, 06:10 PM
It would be a good trade for the Clips man but Melo is out by next year for sure! He wants to go back home and play with Amare.

And I'm sure you would have to give up Gordon and possibly Kaman in this trade...It's Carmelo they wont just take your left overs they want some proven players.

IN my proposed trade Denver would possibly be getting th #1 pick in th draft next season, an all star Center, and an up and coming rookie who could be a star himself.....I dont think thats left overs.

DerekRE_3
01-17-2011, 06:16 PM
actually I think they would if the pick was top 10 protected. Wallace if having an off yr and theres not many big men out there with all start talent like Kaman.

Speaking of off years...Kaman is shooting 38%, which is catastrophically bad for a Center.

Mplsman
01-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Not bad. Melo would fit in nice with EG-BG.

cargobox
01-17-2011, 06:40 PM
no 1 deserves to be on the Clippers

no one deserves to be a bandwagon laker fan :eyebrow:

JOSKOMANG4
01-17-2011, 07:42 PM
What about C C.Kaman, SF A.Aminu, SG R.FOye, SG/PG W.Warren, PF B.Cook & 2012 unprotected 1st rd pick(Minnesota) for Melo, harrington, & Affalo

C) Jordan/Collins/Diogu
PF) Griffin/Harrington/Smith
SF) Melo/Gomes
SG) Gordon/Butler/Affalo
PG) Davis/Bledsoe

As for Denver, with the acquisition of Kaman, Nene can move back to his natural position for the start of '11-'12 season, PF.

C) Kaman/Anderson/Ely
PF) Nene/Martin/S.Williams
SF) Aminu/Balkman/Forbes/Cook
SG) Foye/Smith
PG) Billups/Lawson/W.Warren

Lake_Show2416
01-17-2011, 07:52 PM
no one deserves to be a bandwagon laker fan :eyebrow:

haha thats a cute comment, they have been my team for probably longer than u've known wut basketball is

but lets face it the only thing the Clippers are good for is saving us money on the LAKERS staples arena haha

cargobox
01-17-2011, 08:00 PM
We'll see. Once Kobe gets old (don't get me wrong though, I love the guy) he will slowly deteriorate and Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon will be running the show, sorry to break it to ya.

smith&wesson
01-17-2011, 08:02 PM
griffen + melo = lethal.

Hugbees
01-17-2011, 08:13 PM
lets be real. melo belongs to the knicks.

Sinattle
01-17-2011, 08:19 PM
I'd say Gordon just about as untouchable as Griffin for the Clips. Regardless of anything else I really hope the Clips get better. They've been at the bottom for over 20 years.

avrpatsfan
01-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Melo/Griffin/Gordon would be a great combo but unfortunately for the Clippers it isn't happening.

JRisdabest
01-17-2011, 08:24 PM
That would be epic!

NYKSpiritBomb
01-17-2011, 08:40 PM
clippers are the only other team i would like to see him go to

mttwlsn16
01-17-2011, 08:40 PM
We'll see. Once Kobe gets old (don't get me wrong though, I love the guy) he will slowly deteriorate and Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon will be running the show, sorry to break it to ya.

this

mttwlsn16
01-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Id be willing to send AFA, Kaman, Minn's 2012 1st rounder, and our 2011 1st rounder for him...IF Melo was willing to sign an extention

ldawg
01-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Nah he needs to go to LA perfect fit for the Triangle.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2011, 08:55 PM
they have no pieces to get him, if gordon and griffin are untouchable

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Id be willing to send AFA, Kaman, Minn's 2012 1st rounder, and our 2011 1st rounder for him...IF Melo was willing to sign an extention

Clips would rape, kaman's horrible

SNYmets86
01-17-2011, 09:05 PM
melo in a clippers jersey = scary team

apet8945
01-17-2011, 09:14 PM
We don't even need Melo, we already have our guy in Griffin who can potentially become as good as Melo if not better. I mean he's already proven that he's gonna be one of those players that are just in a different league like Melo, Kobe, Lebron.

He's our franchise player and there's no reason to have to go and get another franchise player, especially one that has expressed no interest in wanting to play here. It's not like he doesn't know what the clips are capable of, his team just lost to them. Personally, I'd rather see Melo getting out of the West and opening room up for us in the next couple of years with all our young guys and draft picks.

TheBatchelor213
01-17-2011, 10:45 PM
We don't even need Melo, we already have our guy in Griffin who can potentially become as good as Melo if not better. I mean he's already proven that he's gonna be one of those players that are just in a different league like Melo, Kobe, Lebron.

He's our franchise player and there's no reason to have to go and get another franchise player, especially one that has expressed no interest in wanting to play here. It's not like he doesn't know what the clips are capable of, his team just lost to them. Personally, I'd rather see Melo getting out of the West and opening room up for us in the next couple of years with all our young guys and draft picks.

I agree with you, the sky is the limit for Blake but the team we have now will not win championships....yeah I am talking about Clippers and Championships in the same sentences.....If and yes thats a big IF we add Melo by giving up Kaman, Alfred and the pick....that is a championship team.....and we are doing ourselves a favor by telling Jordan he is our center of the future by getting rid of Kaman

godolphins
01-17-2011, 10:48 PM
That would be a scary team :speechless:

h2r09
01-17-2011, 10:55 PM
gordon, kaman and a first rounder would be an incredible team and still an amazng future for the clips

Baron/ Bledsoe
Foye/ who the **** cares
Melo/ AlFarouq
Griffin
Jordan

that is a championship caliber team possibly and in 2 years definitely.

jasonbird
01-17-2011, 11:04 PM

imagine this...

C. Jordan
PF Griffin
SF Melo
SG Gordon
PG Diddy

This is just a dream,Melo will stop in NJ nets....

But i appreciate this LOL...

Thats another "big 3" ???

All the best

richiesaurus310
01-17-2011, 11:15 PM
5.5 games out right now, its possible the clips make the playoffs this year even without melo. Why not trade for melo even if its just a rental? Do they really need kaman anyways?? DeAndre is a beast.

Chris Kaman, Brian Cook, Jarron Collins, and a second round pick for Carmelo Anthony. They might as well get two expiring contracts and Kaman. I doubt the Clips would give them good young talent or first round picks for a rental.

h2r09
01-17-2011, 11:20 PM
5.5 games out right now, its possible the clips make the playoffs this year even without melo. Why not trade for melo even if its just a rental? Do they really need kaman anyways?? DeAndre is a beast.

Chris Kaman, Brian Cook, Jarron Collins, and a second round pick for Carmelo Anthony. They might as well get two expiring contracts and Kaman. I doubt the Clips would give them good young talent or first round picks for a rental.

that isnt realistic at all. it would take kaman and gordon at the least and a first round pick if he is going to sign, and if he isnt then it is stupid to make a deal like that.

they should give away gordon for a chance at melo. there is such a bigger difference between great players and good players than good players and ok players.

TheBatchelor213
01-17-2011, 11:57 PM

I love your thinking......I agree with the guy below though its going to take more, but like I said in my initial post I think Kaman, Alfred, and the 1st rounder from Minny gets it down......I would not include anything else of I were the Clippers because,yes....he might just up and leave....but take the chance....Kaman can and will be an All star in the league but theres no place for him on the Clips anymore with Jordan so you can take that money and do something with it no matter what happens, Alfred could be a really player and your risking losing the draft pick from Minny for nothing......but at the same time, as I said earlier you spend these next 4 months shocking the world and making that championship run.....making it almost impossible for Melo to leave, you prove to Griffin, hey we are serious about winning so when its tim to sign that extension he will be waiting with pen in hand and you prove to the Clipper fans that you too are dedicated to being a contender....worth the risk.

richiesaurus310
01-19-2011, 12:02 AM
that isnt realistic at all. it would take kaman and gordon at the least and a first round pick if he is going to sign, and if he isnt then it is stupid to make a deal like that.

they should give away gordon for a chance at melo. there is such a bigger difference between great players and good players than good players and ok players.

I dont think it's that unreasonable. There really is a lack of talented centers in the NBA, and Kaman was an all star. Perhaps the clippers own first round pick could be thrown in also. Its just not worth giving up much young talent like Aminu to me for a rental. Plus theyll have some cap relief with this trade. And chauncey billups by himself shouldnt be very difficult to trade, but al harrington will be. I suppose if it'd make the deal go through Id do:

Chris Kaman, Brian Cook, Ryan Gomes, and Randy Foye for Carmelo Anthony and Al Harrington

This would get rid of Harrington which is a big thing for Denver and gets the clippers Melo for a playoff push. Denver wouldn't be getting much in expiring contracts, but theyd be dumping harrington, and gomes and foye shouldnt be impossible to trade away.

TheBatchelor213
01-19-2011, 03:52 AM
I dont think it's that unreasonable. There really is a lack of talented centers in the NBA, and Kaman was an all star. Perhaps the clippers own first round pick could be thrown in also. Its just not worth giving up much young talent like Aminu to me for a rental. Plus theyll have some cap relief with this trade. And chauncey billups by himself shouldnt be very difficult to trade, but al harrington will be. I suppose if it'd make the deal go through Id do:

Chris Kaman, Brian Cook, Ryan Gomes, and Randy Foye for Carmelo Anthony and Al Harrington

This would get rid of Harrington which is a big thing for Denver and gets the clippers Melo for a playoff push. Denver wouldn't be getting much in expiring contracts, but theyd be dumping harrington, and gomes and foye shouldnt be impossible to trade away.

love your thinking man

Baller1
01-19-2011, 04:00 AM
There's absolutely no way Melo gets traded to the Clippers without giving up Gordon or Griffin.

Baller1
01-19-2011, 04:03 AM
they have no pieces to get him, if gordon and griffin are untouchable

Exactly.

Chronz
01-19-2011, 04:06 AM
There's absolutely no way Melo gets traded to the Clippers without giving up Gordon or Griffin.

What makes you think so?

DenButsu
01-19-2011, 04:35 AM
What makes you think so?

I agree with him, actually. Why?

1. Clips have no expirings of value.
The closest thing they've got is Kaman, who expires in 2012. No way Denver wants to take on his contract through then, and no way does he have a place on a rebuilding team, either. And Baron's is even worse.

2. Limited in the draft picks department.
The Clippers have one, or possibly two (although at the rate they're going now, probably just one) pick of value, which is their 1st rounder from Minny which is top 10 protected in 2011 and unprotected in 2012. Given the likelihood of that turning into that unprotected 2012er, that is a very solid asset. But beyond that, while they aren't likely to make the playoffs due to their season's poor start, they'll probably end up 9th or 10th, and unless they get lucky, will probably end up with their first being in the 12-16th pick range. And then, their 2012 1st is owed to OKC (top 10 protected), and so the next up is their 2013, which is pretty far away for a team that's looking to rebuild while staying competitive. But the Nuggets want multiple picks because at the end of the day the draft is a numbers game where the chances of landing a quality player increase with the number of picks you hold.

3. Lack of young prospects.
I liked Aminu prior to the season, but he's turned out to be pretty meh so far and I don't think his ceiling is looking all that high anymore. The one player on their roster the Nuggets *might* value other than Griffin or Gordon would be Jordan.

But when you combine the negative of Kaman's contract, the better package of draft picks the Nets can put together, and the fact that Favors (despite his flaws and rawness) still probably has more upside than Jordan (not to mention that Harris can be easily parlayed into a prospect of value), I just don't see how the Clippers can put together a total trade package that can compete with that of the Nets.

apet8945
01-19-2011, 04:43 AM

The closest thing they've got is Kaman, who expires in 2012. No way Denver wants to take on his contract through then, and no way does he have a place on a rebuilding team, either. And Baron's is even worse.

The Clippers have one, or possibly two (although at the rate they're going now, probably just one) pick of value, which is their 1st rounder from Minny which is top 10 protected in 2011 and unprotected in 2012. Given the likelihood of that turning into that unprotected 2012er, that is a very solid asset. But beyond that, while they aren't likely to make the playoffs due to their season's poor start, they'll probably end up 9th or 10th, and unless they get lucky, will probably end up with their first being in the 12-16th pick range. And then, their 2012 1st is owed to OKC (top 10 protected), and so the next up is their 2013, which is pretty far away for a team that's looking to rebuild while staying competitive. But the Nuggets want multiple picks because at the end of the day the draft is a numbers game where the chances of landing a quality player increase with the number of picks you hold.

I liked Aminu prior to the season, but he's turned out to be pretty meh so far and I don't think his ceiling is looking all that high anymore. The one player on their roster the Nuggets *might* value other than Griffin or Gordon would be Jordan.

But when you combine the negative of Kaman's contract, the better package of draft picks the Nets can put together, and the fact that Favors (despite his flaws and rawness) still probably has more upside than Jordan (not to mention that Harris can be easily parlayed into a prospect of value), I just don't see how the Clippers can put together a total trade package that can compete with that of the Nets.

This has every bit of truth to it. We're not landing Melo people.

dodie53
01-19-2011, 08:26 AM
sick line up there

ignorance=bliss
01-19-2011, 08:49 AM
I actually hope that someday I get to see Blake Griffin in a Ok City jersey alongside Kevin Durant. That would just be unreal. I know it's just a pipe dream, but if it could ever happen, I would love it.

Bravo95
01-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Yup. Most likely Gordon. Denver isn't just going to take a bunch of garbage.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-19-2011, 12:46 PM
I actually hope that someday I get to see Blake Griffin in a Ok City jersey alongside Kevin Durant. That would just be unreal. I know it's just a pipe dream, but if it could ever happen, I would love it.

I would also LOVE this to happen, Okc is his home town team

JordansBulls
01-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Yes Melo on the Clippers would be awesome.

DenButsu
01-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Yes Melo on the Clippers would be awesome.

Maybe so, but it's a moot point. From my perspective, CP3 and Dwight joining Melo on the Nuggets would be awesome, too, but it just ain't happening.

TheBatchelor213
01-19-2011, 09:16 PM

Disagree.....Nets are now out of the picture first of all which makes this even more probably.....Kaman is huge and much more valuable then a Devin Harris type....how many all star bigs are just floating around out there? He definitely could be parlayed into something more than Harris....Alfred A......what do you mean the ceiling is not that high? He has not even played half of a season.....maybe it takes the pick from MInny and our own first rounder but we have the best package to offer Denver and we have the most to offer Melo.....I mean Rose probably doesnt want to play with Melo lol....the our package is far greater than that of the Knicks unless they are able to get a lottery pick for Randoplh....so who else is there???