PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets grant Nets permission to speak with Carmelo Anthony

Pages : [1] 2

DenButsu
01-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Nuggets grant Nets permission to speak with Anthony

By David Aldridge, TNT Analyst
Posted Jan 16 2011 8:42PM

A league source said Sunday that the Denver Nuggets have granted the New Jersey Nets permission to speak directly with Carmelo Anthony about the proposed trade that would send Anthony to New Jersey, and about potentially signing the three-year extension that the Nets insist Anthony agree to before they agree to make the deal.

Anthony has made it clear that he would like to be traded to the Knicks. But the Nets have been in the lead for weeks now, because of their unique ability at the moment to give the Nuggets a package of young players and draft picks Denver wants. The Nets have offered to send first-round pick Derrick Favors, two draft picks and other players to Denver for Anthony and guard Chauncey Billups, with guard Rip Hamilton coming from Detroit to Jersey in exchange for forward Troy Murphy.

Under normal rules, direct contact with Anthony by Nets officials, up to and including majority owner Mikhail Prokhorov, would be tampering. But if Denver gives New Jersey permission to contact Anthony, the Nets can make their sales pitch to Anthony about their team without being subject to penalties. Prohkorov, according to league sources, believes he can sell Anthony on the Nets if he can get in front of him.

Anthony has declined to sign the $65 million extension in Denver for months, with momentum building toward a trade in the last few days. Sources indicated last week that they believed the three-team deal would be consummated this week.nba.com (http://www.nba.com/2011/news/01/16/nuggets.nets.carmelo.anthony/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2)

Giaps
01-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Interesting.

Melo talked about wanting the best chance to win over money so if he agrees to NJ I think we can all agree he's full of ****.

goose15
01-16-2011, 10:10 PM
good luck NJ

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Interesting.

Melo talked about wanting the best chance to win over money so if he agrees to NJ I think we can all agree he's full of ****.

Can you please explain how?
Its not just Melo coming to this current Nets team.
Melo will be coming with Billups and Rip.

As a Knick fan you should know exactly what im talking about Knicks added Amare and Felton and suddenly got good. So how wouldnt the Nets team be good?

oak2455
01-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Interesting.

DenButsu
01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Interesting.

I've maintained the entire time that winning is not his top priority. If it were, his best shot would still probably be staying with the Nuggets and giving it a go this postseason. It's about bright lights big city, and it's about money, and it's about Lala's (ahem) "career", and maybe there's a place for winning in the picture somewhere too, but ultimately it will come down to which combination of those Melo values most highly. $$$$ + "NY" (Brooklyn) = Nets.... just seems like the most likely "best of all possible worlds" solution for Melo to settle on.

kblo247
You don't know what the Nets owner has planned or will sell to Melo. Plus as a Knicks fan you have no room to talk when the Nets have been much better in recent history than the Knicks and Amare was praised and welcomed when he went there.

LTBaByyy
This seems so wrong bc its during the season haha but its legal

oak2455

As a Knick fan you should know exactly what im talking about Knicks added Amare and Felton and suddenly got good. So how wouldnt the Nets team be good?

here we go:D

CarniifeX
There's no doubt in my mind Prokhorov, King, and perhaps most importantly Jay-Z can convince Carmelo to ink an extension.

JOSKOMANG4
01-16-2011, 10:15 PM
I wish there was an alternative to this trade. Billups has already stated he doesn't want any part of this trade and if traded to NJ, he wants a buyout.

So Option 1: keep Harris

- Nets acquire SF Melo, SG RIP, C/PF S.Williams, PF/SF R.Balkman, & PG A.Carter

- Nuggets acquire PF D.Favors, SG A.Morrow, SF/SG's S.Graham & Q.Ross, PG B.Uzoh, & 2-2011 1st rd picks.

- Pistons acquire C Petro, C/PF Murphy(Pistons work on buyout; Murphy returns to nets), & Nets 2011 2nd rd pick.

Nets Lineup:

C) Lopez/S.Williams
PF) Murphy/Humphries/Balkman
SF) Melo/Outlaw/James
SG) Rip/Sasha
PG) Harris/Farmar/Carter

Option two: Get Nash from PHOEnix!!!!

- Nets acquire PG S.Nash, SG Rip, SF Melo, C/PF S.WIlliams, PG A.Carter, & PF/SF R.Balkman

- Nuggets acquire PF D.Favors, SG A.Morrow, C G.Siler(v/Suns), SF/SG S.Graham, PG B.UZoh, & 2-2011 1st rd picks

- Suns acquire PG D.Harris, SF/SG Q.Ross, & 2012 1st rd picks(V/Nets)

- Pistons acquire C J.Petro, C/PF T.Murphy(buyout from pistons; returns to Nets), & 2011 2nd rd pick(V/Nets)

Lineup:

C) Lopez/S.Williams
SF) Melo/Outlaw/James
SG) Rip/Sasha
PG) Nash/Farmar/Carter.

Like it either way to be honest.

bahama0811
01-16-2011, 10:16 PM
I just hope something happens soon because this is really turning off a lot of the interest of Nuggets fans. IMO they are dragging this out way too long. I'm hoping the Nets make a good pitch and Melo goes to NJ.

NYKnicks4511
01-16-2011, 10:18 PM

They'll be a decent team, much like the Knicks, but there's no way that team is a title contender. Billups and Rip are old and they are on the verge of exiting their prime years, Brook Lopez has seemingly regressed this year, and bench depth is a major issue as well.

The Nets (if they don't get Melo), should just keep doing what they're doing -- drafting good young talent and developing them to turn them into attractive options for free agents. Then who knows, in 2012, '13 etc they can make a big splash in Free Agency and immediately propel themselves to title contention.

kblo247
01-16-2011, 10:22 PM
I've maintained the entire time that winning is not his top priority. If it were, his best shot would still probably be staying with the Nuggets and giving it a go this postseason. It's about bright lights big city, and it's about money, and it's about Lala's (ahem) "career", and maybe there's a place for winning in the picture somewhere too, but ultimately it will come down to which combination of those Melo values most highly. $$$$ + "NY" (Brooklyn) = Nets.... just seems like the most likely "best of all possible worlds" solution for Melo to settle on.

Has Melo ever said he won't play the year out in Denver? Nope.

But I'll humor you on the bolded part. What part of staying with a team who admittedly has no other coach lined up in case Karl gets sicked after that debacle last year is smart? What part of staying with a team who has cut costs at the expense of talent like Camby is smart? What part or staying with a team who still to this day never got a Martin or Birdman replacement is smart after you carried the rebounding duties yourself? What part of staying with a team who can get rid of JR, Chauncey, Nene, and Kenyon because of the way their deals are all written is smart? Lastly, what part of having faith in a franchise that spent 8 years straight losing before you got there and have never warned you about personnel decisions until after the fact despite the fact the team you lead has never missed the playoffs or had a losing season (have a winning record now as well because of him) is smart?

At the end of the day, Denver isn't about winning anymore than New York or New Jersey as it is presently constructed, and it has even more possible question marks in regards to its future than either franchises. To ignore that because you are miffed that the guy who turned a loser into a competitive team in the tougher conference in Melo doesn't want to extend is laughable at best.

Den, you are better that that.

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 10:24 PM
They'll be a decent team, much like the Knicks, but there's no way that team is a title contender. Billups and Rip are old and they are on the verge of exiting their prime years, Brook Lopez has seemingly regressed this year, and bench depth is a major issue as well.

The Nets (if they don't get Melo), should just keep doing what they're doing -- drafting good young talent and developing them to turn them into attractive options for free agents. Then who knows, in 2012, '13 etc they can make a big splash in Free Agency and immediately propel themselves to title contention.

Besides Twill and Brook and Favors and Andrson they are the only 1st round picks that are currently still in the NBA since like 04.
Marcus Williams, Antoine Wright, Hassam Adams, Josh Boone, Sean Williams all currently not in the NBA. So that simply doesnt work.

The Dream
01-16-2011, 10:25 PM

whats are you tryng to say?

kblo247
01-16-2011, 10:27 PM

I do and don't agree. In the interim depth isn't an issue since they retain their 3rd, 4th, and 5th best performers this year in Hump, Sasha, and Farmar. The fact is those three guys have played better than anyone on that team not named Lopez or Harris consistently. It isn't saying much I know, but it isn't like they are actually giving up all the players on their team who are performing well on a consistent basis. They however would be getting back Melo and Billups who have played better than any Net this season as well as Rip who very well could excel with more minutes since he is playing a career low in Detroit and wouldn't be part of a guard cluster all fighting for times and shots anymore.

I'm not saying a title, but I do thin they could be the 7th seed and steal two games from Miami in the first round (maybe even push it to 7) since this will also be their first postseason playing together as a unit and with expectations.

Cubsfan365
01-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Knicks fans should probably at least try not to be bitter.

PhillyFaninLA
01-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Interesting.

I notice you have the Knicks in your sig and you make this statement. What where you comments about Lebron in the summer?

nystandup
01-16-2011, 10:30 PM
He needs to be sold on NJ and he wants to go to a team with the best chance to win...what a joke. I think hes just being respectfull to nj since they put in so much effort to acquire him

Giaps
01-16-2011, 10:32 PM

Billups is turning 35 and Hamilton is turning 33. At best, the post-trade Nets are a 6-8 seed in the East... and they'll get worse as Billups and Hamilton age. This move for the Nets is all about making a big splash before Brooklyn and I understand it from that stand point but they are giving up too much.

As for the best chance to win? Stay in Denver or ride it out till the summer and sign with the Knicks so they don't have to give anybody up. NJ is last of the 3 as far as best chance to win.

PhillyFaninLA
01-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Knicks fans should probably at least try not to be bitter.

The grapes will be sour, many Knicks fans last summer showed this when they didn't get Lebron, he went from being God to being the most overrated garbage player ever in a matter of 24 hours. So the same sort of thing will happen with Melo if he goes to anywhere but the Knicks....I'm sure you know what they say about leopards and spots.

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Billups is turning 35 and Hamilton is turning 33. At best, the post-trade Nets are a 6-8 seed in the East... and they'll get worse as Billups and Hamilton age. This move for the Nets is all about making a big splash before Brooklyn and I understand it from that stand point but they are giving up too much.

As for the best chance to win? Stay in Denver or ride it out till the summer and sign with the Knicks so they don't have to give anybody up. NJ is last of the 3 as far as best chance to win.

I doubt that Nets stop trading after that point, just from my thought.

nystandup
01-16-2011, 10:36 PM
The grapes will be sour, many Knicks fans last summer showed this when they didn't get Lebron, he went from being God to being the most overrated garbage player ever in a matter of 24 hours. So the same sort of thing will happen with Melo if he goes to anywhere but the Knicks....I'm sure you know what they say about leopards and spots.

this has absolutely nothing to do with lebron lol. quit talking out your ***** cuz you have hatred for the Knicks. dont get bitter now

The Dream
I doubt that Nets stop trading after that point, just from my thought.

they wont haVe any pieces to trade

DoMeFavors
this has absolutely nothing to do with lebron lol. quit talking out your ***** cuz you have hatred for the Knicks. dont get bitter now

You clearly dont like the Nets.

Crackadalic
01-16-2011, 10:37 PM

The knicks team is young and has multiple chances to contend for a title because we have cap space next year and have assets we can trade for.

Nets do this trade they wont get pass the 2nd round no cap space for almost 3-4 years and melo will be close to his 30's before he is asked to be traded again

You act as if Billups and Rip are on the same level as KG and Allen when they were traded pass there prime. Billups shows up at times but Rip hasnt been the same for almost 2 years.

Great job if you get him though

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 10:38 PM
they wont haVe any pieces to trade

Damion James, Jordan Farmar, Travis Outlaw, Humphries can be traded for veterans.

PhillyFaninLA

I don't hate the Knicks, I'm not bitter, I'm making a point you read it and you didn't get what I was saying, my **** is not out (not sure why you would be thinking about my **** but I suppose to each their own).

And this type of post does not help an argument against the point I was trying to make.

SouthSideRookie

Everyone kept saying the same thing about Amare also when he took the Knicks deal, he was just going for the money and didn't want to win. Why can't the Nets also have a turnaround with Melo and some other additions, it's worked out so far for the Knicks, no?

nystandup
You clearly dont like the Nets.

i dont not like the nets, they are just irrelevant to me. quite pathetic from management on down. they have taken over for the knicks in that department. they are so desperate for attention, but even when your in the playoffs nobody will show up

Giaps
01-16-2011, 10:40 PM
I notice you have the Knicks in your sig and you make this statement. What where you comments about Lebron in the summer?
First of all, if I had a picture of a pile of crap in my sig would that make my statement any less true? This has nothing to do with Lebron as the circumstances are completely different. This isn't free agency.

And to answer your question, I'm with MJ, Magic, Bird, Barkley and Kobe on this one.... I just don't think a player of Lebron's caliber should be following anybody and instead should be the one to lead. He's supposed to be "the chosen one" and one of the greatest ever. The 3 of those guys jumping ship together in one free agency looks very premeditated to me.

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 10:40 PM
The knicks team is young and has multiple chances to contend for a title because we have cap space next year and have assets we can trade for.

Nets do this trade they wont get pass the 2nd round no cap space for almost 3-4 years and melo will be close to his 30's before he is asked to be traded again

You act as if Billups and Rip are on the same level as KG and Allen when they were traded pass there prime. Billups shows up at times but Rip hasnt been the same for almost 2 years.

Great job if you get him though

Most likey their big cap space Eddy Curry would be traded in the Melo deal, and Walsh said he wanted to resign Chandler. Are Knicks even trying to get Melo? I think its just speculation by Knick fans. It seems like Knicks want to keep their core together.

Metsboi69
01-16-2011, 10:42 PM
i dont not like the nets, they are just irrelevant to me. quite pathetic from management on down. they have taken over for the knicks in that department. they are so desperate for attention, but even when your in the playoffs nobody will show up

Its half a season, after a decade of crap. Slow your roll big phella, lets see how all this plays out.

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 10:42 PM

But why does that make you angry, you shouldnt even care about that...do you care this much about the Timberwolves? So what if Knicks have more fans? I dont think Knick fans are in any position to be talking down to teams.

Giaps
01-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Everyone kept saying the same thing about Amare also when he took the Knicks deal, he was just going for the money and didn't want to win. Why can't the Nets also have a turnaround with Melo and some other additions, it's worked out so far for the Knicks, no?
The Nets will be better than they are now. That's not the debate. They are just no where near contending even with him. He wants the best chance to win, right? That's what he said. The Nets are not that team. I don't see how anybody can disagree with that.

It's not about being a Knicks fan and being bitter... you can check my posts and see that I just want this whole thing to end regardless... and bitter about what? Nothing has happened.

RipCity32
01-16-2011, 10:46 PM
The nets would be better than the Knicks after this trade,maybe not record wise because of how far we are in the season and probably would only be better for like a year or two but im sure they can build something around Melo in the future.

oak2455
01-16-2011, 10:46 PM

**were spelling police:D

aussiepiston
01-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Billups expires after 2011/12 season. Hamilton can be bought out after that same season for about $4mil i think it was. Dwight Howard leads another potentially decent FA class that year...

This move gets them Melo, and keeps them competitive until they move to Brooklyn and can look for a major upgrade via FA.

bklynny67
01-16-2011, 10:48 PM
He wants to feel like he can achieve his ultimate goal of a championship. When NJ trades Favors, Harris, 2 first round picks, how are they gonna convince Melo that they can win a championship? Banking on the chance they have cap space to sign CP3 or Deron Williams? I dont think so. I still think he ends up with the Knicks cuz they can add him along with all their good young players, plus another superstar already there which is what it looks like you need to win in this league. 2 star players.

kblo247
01-16-2011, 10:49 PM

Kicks will have to give up someone. Amare's salary will go up and Chandler is a restricted free agent so that is less and less cap space available for Carmelo, especially when no one knows what the cap or luxury tax penalty will be like under the new CBA.

Crackadalic
01-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Most likey their big cap space Eddy Curry would be traded in the Melo deal, and Walsh said he wanted to resign Chandler. Are Knicks even trying to get Melo? I think its just speculation by Knick fans. It seems like Knicks want to keep their core together.

Im saying this assuming you guys get melo. We have cap space to add quality players and assets to trade for good players.

If we get melo you guys have a chance to build a really good young core that can contend for a while but doing this trade forces the nets in a win now mode but that talent level isnt enough to contend for a title

Gators123
01-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Keith_Langlois Keith Langlois
My sense is this is significant: Nuggets give Nets OK to talk to Carmelo, via David Aldridge on NBA.com.

Pistons.com writer...

aussiepiston
01-16-2011, 10:51 PM
The Nets will be better than they are now. That's not the debate. They are just no where near contending even with him. He wants the best chance to win, right? That's what he said. The Nets are not that team. I don't see how anybody can disagree with that.

It's not about being a Knicks fan and being bitter... you can check my posts and see that I just want this whole thing to end regardless... and bitter about what? Nothing has happened.

Dude- who cares what the guy said about winning? Of course he wants to win, but do you think NBA players have no life outside of the game?

His WIFE wants to move. There is a pretty big influence on your life right there.

You are bitter and i don't know why- the Knicks are looking great and don't need Melo (or even CP3). The just need a more dominant centre and maybe some more solid bench depth to contend.

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 10:51 PM
He wants to feel like he can achieve his ultimate goal of a championship. When NJ trades Favors, Harris, 2 first round picks, how are they gonna convince Melo that they can win a championship? Banking on the chance they have cap space to sign CP3 or Deron Williams? I dont think so. I still think he ends up with the Knicks cuz they can add him along with all their good young players, plus another superstar already there which is what it looks like you need to win in this league. 2 star players.

Melo said he thinks billups can help him win a championship.
Melo also said he doesnt want to be in a non defensive system because it simply doesnt work. If he signs with NY him and Amare would be a lot of cash out of their cap space and will leave limited room to sign other big names. Billups expires the year CP3 becomes a free agent and it doesnt look like he is resigning as of right now.

oak2455
01-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Kicks will have to give up someone. Amare's salary will go up and Chandler is a restricted free agent so that is less and less cap space available for Carmelo, especially when no one knows what the cap or luxury tax penalty will be like under the new CBA.

please tell me who are the KICKS??:D

kblo247

You do know that the team who is quite irrelevant has a better record over the past decade, more finals appearances, more all stars, a hall of famer, good attendance, and an owner whose wallet can ***** slap Dolan's right?

kblo247
please tell me who are the KICKS??:D

Kobe 5's :laugh2:

My bad, Knicks

Badluck33
01-16-2011, 10:54 PM
i have said this all along.

Denver and Nugs already agreed to a trade. Melo hasn't agreed to extension w/ Nets.

oak2455
01-16-2011, 10:54 PM
First of all, if I had a picture of a pile of crap in my sig would that make my statement any less true? This has nothing to do with Lebron as the circumstances are completely different. This isn't free agency.

And to answer your question, I'm with MJ, Magic, Bird, Barkley and Kobe on this one.... I just don't think a player of Lebron's caliber should be following anybody and instead should be the one to lead. He's supposed to be "the chosen one" and one of the greatest ever. The 3 of those guys jumping ship together in one free agency looks very premeditated to me.

Agree, and they are going after Amare:facepalm:

oak2455
01-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Kobe 5's :laugh2:

My bad, Knicks

jk trying to break the tension

bklynny67
01-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Melo said he thinks billups can help him win a championship.
Melo also said he doesnt want to be in a non defensive system because it simply doesnt work. If he signs with NY him and Amare would be a lot of cash out of their cap space and will leave limited room to sign other big names. Billups expires the year CP3 becomes a free agent and it doesnt look like he is resigning as of right now.

if he wants to win, he wont go to a team hoping they can sign a top FA point guard, cuz what happens if they miss out? Melo's best chance to win is not the Nets. they are actually his least chance to win out of the possible destinations.

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Hurry up and make the trade and give us JR Smith.

kblo247
01-16-2011, 10:56 PM
i have said this all along.

Denver and Nugs already agreed to a trade. Melo hasn't agreed to extension w/ Nets.

He also hasn't been allowed to speak to the Nets or any other team the Nuggets have negotiated with before this according David Aldridge because Denver had not granted him permission to do so in compliance with league tampering rules. So the guy has basically heard no pitch besides one from Denver as to why he should extend.

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 10:57 PM
if he wants to win, he wont go to a team hoping they can sign a top FA point guard, cuz what happens if they miss out? Melo's best chance to win is not the Nets. they are actually his least chance to win out of the possible destinations.

I think Melo would want to go somewhere where he can trust his teamates, Felton doesnt have the playoff expierence neither does most of the Knics. He def would rather have Billups by his side than Feton.

The Dream
01-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Damion James, Jordan Farmar, Travis Outlaw, Humphries can be traded for veterans.
JEEZ. So you consider those guys actual "pieces" lol

so you want billups/melo/rip and Veterans. Sounds right... the next Big 3 in the East.. or should i say 4? scary

PG: Chauncey Billups
SG: Rip
SF: Melo
PF: Broo Lopez
C: TROY MURPHY

sounds like the team to beat. WE MUST FEAR

Giaps
01-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Somewhat true. Knicks will have almost $18 million coming off the cap between Curry, Azubuike, Mason, Williams & Walker. Randolph, Turiaf, Douglas and Mozgov are not difficult to trade if need be. The problem becomes Chandler who like you said, is a RFA.

Still better than having to fork over 2-3 good players and some 1st round picks.

Weezy
01-16-2011, 10:58 PM
You don't know what the Nets owner has planned or will sell to Melo. Plus as a Knicks fan you have no room to talk when the Nets have been much better in recent history than the Knicks and Amare was praised and welcomed when he went there.

This is funny I recall everyone saying he is nothing without Steve Nash. :eyebrow:

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 11:00 PM
JEEZ. So you consider those guys actual "pieces" lol

so you want billups/melo/rip and Veterans. Sounds right... the next Big 3 in the East.. or should i say 4? scary

PG: Chauncey Billups
SG: Rip
SF: Melo
PF: Broo Lopez
C: TROY MURPHY

sounds like the team to beat. WE MUST FEAR

Yes they can be traded? Cuban has been known to trade bad players in deals all the time he got Tyson Chandler for basically nobody, he got Caron Butler and Haywood for nothing. Troy is going to Detriot.

Billups/farmar
Rip/sasha
Melo/outlaw
Humphries/williams
Lopez/?

kblo247
01-16-2011, 11:01 PM
[/B]

This is funny I recall everyone saying he is nothing without Steve Nash. :eyebrow:

I meant by Knick fans. Anyone who saw Amare or Marion play before Nash knows that he didn't make them good. He made the game easier, but he didn't make them good.

The difference between Melo in NJ and Amare in NYK is that Melo would be signing an extension with a team that he at least knows the pieces to. He knows that he would have Rip, Billups, Hump, Lopez, Farmar, Outlaw, and Vujacic. The only thing Amare knew was that he had Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, and Eddy Curry so I find it hypocritical of any Knick fan saying he isn't about winning but said Amare was when he signed on.

Vegeta FTW!

NBA-GMaster
01-16-2011, 11:02 PM
If I were the GM of the Nuggets, Ill keep Melo(resign for extension), make a trade to Hornets Paul&Okafor for Billups&Nene+1st pick as the main pieces,trade KMart for RipHamilton and trade JR and Harrington for a young potential PF starter and a center..

Giaps
01-16-2011, 11:03 PM
I think Melo would want to go somewhere where he can trust his teamates, Felton doesnt have the playoff expierence neither does most of the Knics. He def would rather have Billups by his side than Feton.
Says who? Which of the 2 will have the better NBA career over the next 5 years? Or even the next 3? And Felton might be better than Billups right now (Felton: 18 ppg, 9apg, 4rpg vs Billups 16.5 ppg, 5.5apg, 2rpg). Then there's the fact that Melo knows Billups doesn't want to go to NJ and wants to retire in Denver.

bklynny67

mid 30 yr Billups for how long? another year maybe? instead of Felton, Amar'e and Chandler or Gallo (assuming one of them doesnt stick around)... i dont think so... the Knicks have a good young team with Amar'e who has lots of playoff experience. plus they will make the playoffs this year so they would at least begin getting their playoff experience at an early age and will be there every yr during Melo's contract. that will be enough experience. i doubt he's taking much consideration in that given his age and he's a FA soon.

SouthSideRookie

Your confusing my post with Cubsfan, I never said anything about anyone being bitter.

The Knicks are obviously better than the Nets at the moment, however if the Knicks land Melo it will likely be via a trade meaning they will have to part with Fields, Chandler or Gallo.

The Knicks IMO need a second star to pair with Amare but I don't think their weakness is at small forward. If anything I think the Knicks would be worse off, they already play bad defense and they would potentially deal two of their good individual defenders(Chandler and Fields) and replace them with someone who's not known to play much defense.

It's very doubtful that even if Carmelo was dealt to the Knicks that they would win a title this season, so I don't understand why everyone keeps saying that Melo won't win with NJ, no one knows what transactions they will make after this trade or in the off-season, besides if he goes to NJ then that probably means that CP3 will follow also.

kblo247
01-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Somewhat true. Knicks will have almost $18 million coming off the cap between Curry, Azubuike, Mason, Williams & Walker. Randolph, Turiaf, Douglas and Mozgov are not difficult to trade if need be. The problem becomes Chandler who like you said, is a RFA.

Still better than having to fork over 2-3 good players and some 1st round picks.

That is true. At least you wouldn't risk lose Gallo, Chandler, and Fields like some reports say that Denver would want in a Melo trade.

The only thing is you can never predict what a guy will offer Chandler this off season. He could be offered market value or some team like Minnesota could come out of the blue and say lets max him out and make him our star SF. It is such a crap shoot, which is why I wouldn't write that he could simply join the core that you see today this summer via free agency.

bklynny67
01-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Says who? Which of the 2 will have the better NBA career over the next 5 years? Or even the next 3? And Felton might be better than Billups right now (Felton: 18 ppg, 9apg, 4rpg vs Billups 16.5 ppg, 5.5apg, 2rpg). Then there's the fact that Melo knows Billups doesn't want to go to NJ and wants to retire in Denver.

exactly! Billups is no longer better than Felton, and over the course of Melo's next contract, Felton will be the better PG.

oak2455
01-16-2011, 11:07 PM

reading this hurts my eyes

Giaps
01-16-2011, 11:07 PM
I meant by Knick fans. Anyone who saw Amare or Marion play before Nash knows that he didn't make them good. He made the game easier, but he didn't make them good.

The difference between Melo in NJ and Amare in NYK is that Melo would be signing an extension with a team that he at least knows the pieces to. He knows that he would have Rip, Billups, Hump, Lopez, Farmar, Outlaw, and Vujacic. The only thing Amare knew was that he had Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, and Eddy Curry so I find it hypocritical of any Knick fan saying he isn't about winning but said Amare was when he signed on.

Vegeta FTW!
Okay, I think it's obvious you like the incoming pieces for the Nets and the role players on the Nets. Only problem is I think you are over valuing these guys... like I said, Billups and Hamilton are turning 35 and 33 and there is no future with them. And the Knicks role players of Chandler, Gallo and Fields are better than any 3 role players on the Nets... and then throw in Felton who should be an all-star this season. I think it's ridiculous to even compare....

The Dream
01-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Yes they can be traded? Cuban has been known to trade bad players in deals all the time he got Tyson Chandler for basically nobody, he got Caron Butler and Haywood for nothing. Troy is going to Detriot.

Billups/farmar
Rip/sasha
Melo/outlaw
Humphries/williams
Lopez/?

Mark Cuban has absolutely nothing to do with those scrubs getting traded. Horrible point if that eVen was one?

You're not getting anything for those guys.

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 11:08 PM
exactly! Billups is no longer better than Felton, and over the course of Melo's next contract, Felton will be the better PG.

Felton plays in a great system where Mike makes you look like a million bucks! Felton dosnt have expierence to play more then 82 games. He has never won anything in his NBA career. Im sure most nba teams would rather have Billups then Felton in the playoffs.

kblo247
01-16-2011, 11:09 PM
mid 30 yr Billups for how long? another year maybe? instead of Felton, Amar'e and Chandler or Gallo (assuming one of them doesnt stick around)... i dont think so... the Knicks have a good young team with Amar'e who has lots of playoff experience. plus they will make the playoffs this year so they would at least begin getting their playoff experience at an early age and will be there every yr during Melo's contract. that will be enough experience. i doubt he's taking much consideration in that given his age and he's a FA soon.

You also have to admit that Billups had a better playoff showing than Felton even in a losing effort last year. Amare is by far the best player he could play with on both teams, but he also has bad knees. Melo is coming from a situation where he himself qualifies their chances of winning on Kenyon Martin and Birdman's knees. The fact that he has spent his whole career with bigs who have constantly gone down might make him question Amare, especially since he and everyone else knows Dantoni runs a 7 man rotation and makes guys play big minutes instead of sacrificing some regular season wins.

blahblahyoutoo
01-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Interesting.

he's talking to NJ, not signing with them.
doing his due diligence to see if NJ has a plan to be successful if he signs with them.

Pete Dahh Sneak
01-16-2011, 11:12 PM
IDK how this is news.. it's been known they granted the Nets permission a while ago.

The Dream
01-16-2011, 11:12 PM
i just can't wait until melo is wearing that orange and blue

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Are Knicks trying to get Melo? They have done basically nothing to get an offer for Melo, seem like they want their current team together. Havent heard a single rumor of trades between the two. Melo also owes Nuggets some players since he doesnt want to pull a Lebron. I think Melo to the Knicks is all hype by the fans. Cant wait untill next home game you guys can speculate about "the toast" and chant we want melo.

fadedmario
Good Luck NJ!!!

DoMeFavors
i just can't wait until melo is wearing that orange and blue

Me too!

bklynny67
01-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Felton plays in a great system where Mike makes you look like a million bucks! Felton dosnt have expierence to play more then 82 games. He has never won anything in his NBA career. Im sure most nba teams would rather have Billups then Felton in the playoffs.

BUT!!! they would have Billups for how long?? a year?

i understand ur trying to make up great reasons why the Nets can offer Melo a better chance to win a championship, but come on, its pretty obvious thats not true and i think most NBA fans would agree that NY, DEN, CHI, would all give him a better chance to win.

The Dream
01-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Are Knicks trying to get Melo? They have done basically nothing to get an offer for Melo, seem like they want their current team together. Havent heard a single rumor of trades between the two. Melo also owes Nuggets some players since he doesnt want to pull a Lebron. I think Melo to the Knicks is all hype by the fans. Cant wait untill next home game you guys can speculate about "the toast" and chant we want melo.

how would you know?

DenButsu
IDK how this is news.. it's been known they granted the Nets permission a while ago.

No, they didn't. It just happened. And that's why this is news.

Dade County
A letter to Melo...

I respect your game and I would love to see you make it to the finals...

Some how find away to play for one of these franchises.

Lakers (You will carry them for the next 5yrs...fame, fortune, and a chance to win rings )
Spurs (This franchise knows how to win)
Knicks (Only if they can get CP3....Period)
Bulls (A nice starting lineup with you in it)
Mavs (Drik needs you....... LMAO)
HEAT (You lost your chance when you did not sign the same contact as your friends, sorry)

blahblahyoutoo
01-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Felton plays in a great system where Mike makes you look like a million bucks!

chris. duhon.

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 11:18 PM
BUT!!! they would have Billups for how long?? a year?

i understand ur trying to make up great reasons why the Nets can offer Melo a better chance to win a championship, but come on, its pretty obvious thats not true and i think most NBA fans would agree that NY, DEN, CHI, would all give him a better chance to win.

If the deal goes down we will see...
Just in my opinion

Billup
Rip
Melo
Hump
Lopez

is much better then

Billups
Afflalo
Melo
Martin
Nene

kblo247
01-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Okay, I think it's obvious you like the incoming pieces for the Nets and the role players on the Nets. Only problem is I think you are over valuing these guys... like I said, Billups and Hamilton are turning 35 and 33 and there is no future with them. And the Knicks role players of Chandler, Gallo and Fields are better than any 3 role players on the Nets... and then throw in Felton who should be an all-star this season. I think it's ridiculous to even compare....

I never said I liked them more than the Knicks core.

I said that Melo would be joining a core that he knows is in place. Amare did not join a core with Felton or even with Fields being guaranteed a spot this past summer when he signed with the Knicks. To me he is signing on to a better and more clear situation that Amare did just this past summer, so he shouldn't be bashed for it.

There is also no guarantee that Melo gets to play with Fields, Gallo, and and Chandler. If there is a trade 1 or two of them will be sent out. If he signs in free agency one of them still could be shipped out because of the fact an offer sheet for Wilson Chandler may dictate it to clear space for Melo.

I also have never said that Felton hasn't played better this year. He has, but Melo trusts Chauncey. At the end of the day he knows what Chauncey can do in the postseason and how he will perform there in comparison to Felton who Nelson destroyed for 4 games last year in front of the world in his only playoff experience. Fields is still a rookie so there is no guarantee that he won't be shocked by the postseason and need time to adjust to how it is played and called, whereas Rip is a proven commodity with game. Chandler is playing great, but he is essentially a lite version of Melo who does nothing better than him. Then it does down to Amare being the lone big Dantoni will use in the postseason versus two bigs in Hump and Lopez who aren't better but at least will save Melo's legs that much more.

As for their being no future, Billups can have his deal bought out next year for 3mil. Rip's deal can be bought out the year after that for a fraction of its worth. Those deals can either be bought out to give the Nets cap space to pursue other free agents or they can be sent to other teams who are looking to cut costs for talent. It also doesn't hurt that Melo and CP3 share the same agent as well.

It isn't as cut and dry as people make it seem is all I'm saying

JerseysFinest
01-16-2011, 11:21 PM
how would you know?

bro, please don't even waste your time with this dude. even nets fans question this guys posts and ideas haha

bklynny67
01-16-2011, 11:22 PM
Just in my opinion

Billup
Rip
Melo
Hump
Lopez

is much better then

Billups
Afflalo
Melo
Martin
Nene

But not as good as:
Felton
Fields
Melo
Amar'e
Turiaf

with Gallo and/or Chandler coming off the bench.

or

Felton
Chandler
Melo
Amar'e
Turiaf

with maybe Fields and/or Gallo off the bench

Plus, are u even reading what i'm saying? HOW LONG WILL BILLUPS BE THERE? ONLY FOR 1 YEAR!!!

so having his playoff experience is not going to matter. he wont be there for almost Melo's entire new contract.

hotpotato1092
I just don't see what the Nets have to sell. "Hey Carmelo, come play for a 35 win team, New Jersey's pretty close to New York." I just don't buy it, if he's really about winning he'll become a free agent and sign with the Knicks or Clippers (unrealistic, but damn that'd be a good team). Not saying either of those teams are title locks, but they'd compete with him there.

DenButsu
Just in my opinion

Billup
Rip
Melo
Hump
Lopez

is much better then

Billups
Afflalo
Melo
Martin
Nene

Uh, benches, dude, benches.

The Dream
01-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Just in my opinion

Billup
Rip
Melo
Hump
Lopez

is much better then

Billups
Afflalo
Melo
Martin
Nene
first off the nuggets current roster is better than that. nene has been great. and they also haVe a player whose named ty lawson who's better than anybody on the nets current roster

fadedmario
01-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Richard Hamilton has not played in almost a week (same agent as Carmelo). This trade is going down. Sorry NY

DoMeFavors
But not as good as:
Felton
Fields
Melo
Amar'e
Turiaf

with Gallo and/or Chandler coming off the bench.

or

Felton
Chandler
Melo
Amar'e
Turiaf

with maybe Fields and/or Gallo off the bench

Plus, are u even reading what i'm saying? HOW LONG WILL BILLUPS BE THERE? ONLY FOR 1 YEAR!!!

so having his playoff experience is not going to matter. he wont be there for almost Melo's entire new contract.

Chandler and Fields most likely wont be with the team you are looking at
Felton
Douglas
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

that isnt great at all

Billups fits better with melo
Douglas isnt a starter
and Turiaf is not a center on a championship team

icon1914

Yes, the nets would be better with Melo, but, like the Knicks, they would be a few steps away from really being contenders. If good is all Melo wants, be a Net, if he wants to compete at an elite level he should push for the Bulls or the Knicks.

I'm not saying The Knicks are elite right now, but they have a legitimate go to guy in Stat... The nets, even with Rip and Billups, do not have that.

oak2455
01-16-2011, 11:29 PM

I never said one way or the other, but I might just keep this quote could come in handy later:D

xxplayerxx23
01-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Just in my opinion

Billup
Rip
Melo
Hump
Lopez

is much better then

Billups
Afflalo
Melo
Martin
Nene

Um ok how?? Im prob the one knick fan that belives the trade is going through. But how. Rip is old vs afflalo Close but give the edge to rip martin and humpfries again close give it to hump Nene vs lopez goes to nene Plus the nuggets bench will be way way way way way better then the nets after the trade. Jr smith alone is better then anyone off the bench for the nets so wrong. nets will get melo but will not be better then the nuggets were

Giaps
01-16-2011, 11:30 PM
There have been many reports that Denver isn't even talking to the Knicks. It's a 2way street.

The Dream
01-16-2011, 11:31 PM
i honestly dont see melo getting traded. anyone with me?

bklynny67
01-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Felton
Douglas
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

that isnt great at all

Douglas isnt a starter

ur gonna continue to avoid the question about Billups contract and the fact that he would only be in NJ for a year with Melo. and ur gonna keep using Billups as the reason Melo will want to sign with NJ, to play with him for 1 year.

ur reasoning is comical

xxplayerxx23
01-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Felton
Douglas
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

that isnt great at all

Douglas isnt a starter

You wont win a championship team no matter what so Dont talk. if that was the knick team they would have buki starting at the two guard. Td would be off the bench. the only prob with nj they wont have a bench at all.

kblo247
01-16-2011, 11:32 PM
I just don't see what the Nets have to sell. "Hey Carmelo, come play for a 35 win team, New Jersey's pretty close to New York." I just don't buy it, if he's really about winning he'll become a free agent and sign with the Knicks or Clippers (unrealistic, but damn that'd be a good team). Not saying either of those teams are title locks, but they'd compete with him there.

I think most players look at Donald Sterling and say to them self **** no :laugh2:

Giaps
01-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Felton
Douglas
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

that isnt great at all

Douglas isnt a starter
So you deduct Gallo, Chandler and Fields to suit your argument? And that team is still better than the Nets.

And Douglas wouldn't start in that scenario and Lopez isn't a center on a championship team...

bklynny67
01-16-2011, 11:33 PM

i'm with u

the trade will be confirmed to NJ but he wont resign with them knowing he'll be playing with crap and still wont win. DEN is playing well and he will stay and try to win there one last time

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 11:34 PM
ur gonna continue to avoid the question about Billups contract and the fact that he would only be in NJ for a year with Melo. and ur gonna keep using Billups as the reason Melo will want to sign with NJ, to play with him for 1 year.

ur reasoning is comical

I dont know hats true but say that is true, thats a huge contract that they can use to get other pieces.

kblo247
01-16-2011, 11:34 PM

ur reasoning is comical

Billups has next year on his deal as well (buy out clause as well) and there have been reports that the Nets would keep him for all of next year as well if that is what is best for the team and interests Melo.

CarniifeX
01-16-2011, 11:35 PM

ur reasoning is comical

Right. Then CP3 becomes a free agent.

oak2455
01-16-2011, 11:36 PM
I dont know hats true but say that is true, thats a huge contract that they can use to get other pieces.

slow down Jay Z your spelling is crazzzzzzzzzy

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 11:36 PM
So you deduct Gallo, Chandler and Fields to suit your argument? And that team is still better than the Nets.

And Douglas wouldn't start in that scenario and Lopez isn't a center on a championship team...

He has offensive game something Turiaf doesnt. Lopez reminds me of Gasol in his early years, known as soft and wasnt a great rebounder.

The Dream
01-16-2011, 11:37 PM

:laugh: Remember you're talking to a Nets fan here..

bklynny67
01-16-2011, 11:39 PM

but ur thinking that Melo will resign with NJ in hopes that they can sign CP3 or Deron

the Knicks already have another star locked in for several yrs plus other good young players for yrs. he would go to NJ hoping they sign another great player, and if they dont, he wont be able to win there alone. too much of a risk if he really wants a championship. all i'm saying is if that statement he made is true, then he wont go to NJ.

The Dream
He has offensive game something Turiaf doesnt. Lopez reminds me of Gasol in his early years, known as soft and wasnt a great rebounder.

O right so a front court of lopez/humphries is better than an amare/turiaf front court on the offensiVe end...

i really don't no what you're trying to say at this point

oak2455

this is classic :facepalm:

The Dream
01-16-2011, 11:41 PM
According to DOMEFAVORS

Billups, Rip, Melo, Humpries, Lopez > Felton, Melo, Gallo/Wilson, Amare, Turiaf

bklynny67
Right. Then CP3 becomes a free agent.

you too....

why would Melo bank on them signing CP3 when he can join Amar'e and their young guys after the season? Lebron showed that u can never bank on one guy signing somewhere.

PC

IMO, even if they set up a meeting for this week, I see Melo waiting it out until close to the deadline anyway to see if the Knicks trade for him. If they don't I think he'll end up settling with the Nets (which is what I think is going to end up happening).

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 11:42 PM
this is classic :facepalm:

2003–04 Memphis 78 78 31.5 .482 .267 .714 7.7 2.5 .6 1.7 17.7

xxplayerxx23
01-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Lopez has talent and is young but he is no gasol. He doesnt rebound so right now he is a slightly above average center

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Lopez has talent and is young but he is no gasol. He doesnt rebound so right now he is a slightly above average center

Gasol avg 7 rebounds for 2 straight years

oak2455

sorry still not happening.....his own coach thinks he blows:speechless:

Giaps
Nene 2x> Lopez...

xxplayerxx23
01-16-2011, 11:45 PM
According to DOMEFAVORS

Billups, Rip, Melo, Humpries, Lopez > Felton, Melo, Gallo/Wilson, Amare, Turiaf

its close the starting 5 but theyd have no bench so u dont have to worry about that knicks bench >times 100000000 nets bench after the trade

The Dream
01-16-2011, 11:45 PM

Lopez is softer than Channing Frye. he's such a bust imo. so is his cracked out brother

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 11:46 PM
its close the starting 5 but theyd have no bench so u dont have to worry about that knicks bench >times 100000000 nets bench after the trade

Whats knicks bench in your mind? if a melo trade would go down

PC

I know Lopez is struggling this season as the #1 option with the Nets but if they get someone to take the pressure off of him and create space, like Melo, I could definitely see his offensive. Still, like you said 6 rebounds per game for a 7 footer is inexcusable

xxplayerxx23
Gasol avg 7 rebounds for 2 straight years

I think lopez needs to learn how to rebound he dont know how to right now. I think he will be a 19 and 7 to 8 guy for his carrer he can be better if he learns how to rebound

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Lopez is softer than Channing Frye. he's such a bust imo. so is his cracked out brother

I think im done talking with you.

The Dream
01-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Melo in new jersey..

the next richard jefferson

PC
01-16-2011, 11:48 PM

It would include the guy with the highest 3pt% in the league:D

jimm120
01-16-2011, 11:48 PM
nba.com (http://www.nba.com/2011/news/01/16/nuggets.nets.carmelo.anthony/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2)

well, seems the true moment is finally here.

I'd like to see what he does.

xxplayerxx23
01-16-2011, 11:49 PM

Td, williams walker, Ar mosgif.

bklynny67
01-16-2011, 11:50 PM

but u still think that Melo will resign with NJ in hopes that they can sign CP3 or Deron

rather than waiting another half a season to play with Amar'e and their young guys. if he really does want a championship, the Knicks are the better choice over NJ and its not close. why would Melo go there and assume they will sign CP3 or Deron? ur acting as if its a sure thing

sharqstealth
01-16-2011, 11:51 PM
As a Knick fan you should know exactly what im talking about Knicks added Amare and Felton and suddenly got good. So how wouldnt the Nets team be good?[/QUOTE]

As a Knick fan we know we're good but not a title contender right now. Melo said he wants a title and not to be just in a good team. Him going to the Nets with Rip and Billups make them equally as good a the Knicks, but him going to the Knicks makes them elite with Amare and Felton. Besides, Chauncy has said he will seek a buyout if traded to the Nets, and his too old together with Rip. It's simple, ask yourself, is Melo to Nets better than the Heat/Celtics/Magic? How in the world can he win a championship there???

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 11:52 PM
Td, williams walker, Ar mosgif.

AR and Mosgov look lost out there
Toney Douglas is better than Farmar
but Shawne Williams is a nobody, and he is a starter on the Knicks and Walkers season high up untill last week was 13.
Please!

The Dream
01-16-2011, 11:52 PM

Oh. So im not allowed to thin a Net is a bust now. i see.

xxplayerxx23
01-16-2011, 11:53 PM
but u still think that Melo will resign with NJ in hopes that they can sign CP3 or Deron

rather than waiting another half a season to play with Amar'e and their young guys. if he really does want a championship, the Knicks are the better choice over NJ and its not close. why would Melo go there and assume they will sign CP3 or Deron? ur acting as if its a sure thing

It is a good chance it will happen. the nuggets are calling his bluff. If they trade him he will sign because he dont want to lose all that money

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 11:54 PM

Rip and Billups isnt bad at all man your acting like they are Bibby and Salmons

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 11:55 PM

Ok Amare is a bust...im allowed to thin a Knick is a bust!

xxplayerxx23
01-16-2011, 11:55 PM
AR and Mosgov look lost out there
Toney Douglas is better than Farmar
but Shawne Williams is a nobody, and he is a starter on the Knicks and Walkers season high up untill last week was 13.
Please!

There young and will improve ur dumb outlaw is a nobody farmer is ok vucia is ok walker has a good jumper and 13 off the bench is fine. 23 is great. Stop talking about willimas being a nobdoy when u gave outlaw 5 years 35 million dollars/.

The Dream
01-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Notice how there is 20 Knick fans and 1 Net fan here

:laugh:

lolz

ee
01-16-2011, 11:57 PM

the last two games he destroyed Bynum, Gasol, Camby and Aldrige... averaging 33.....He's not a great rebounder and was playing uninspired basketball for the most part of the season.....Got props from Kobe after the Laker game, he just didn't have any help....

anyways, alot of talks about the nets won't go past the 2nd round with these set of players... who ever said they're done dealing after this? They have the richest owner in the league who's out to spend money ---PERIOD

sharqstealth
01-16-2011, 11:58 PM

Yeah I totally agree. How sure are the Nets they can sign CP3 or Deron? Both the Hornets and Jazz are playing good. Both teams are 1 star away of being contenders. What if they added a star and became title contenders? Do you think CP3 and Deron will leave???

Wishful thinking by the Nets... Who are they fooling with that kind of a sales pitch?

Metsboi69
01-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Hes a center that averages close to 20 points a game and is what 21-22? If your calling Lopez a bust then Gallinari who was picked ahead of him is an epic failure.

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 11:59 PM
There young and will improve ur dumb outlaw is a nobody farmer is ok vucia is ok walker has a good jumper and 13 off the bench is fine. 23 is great. Stop talking about willimas being a nobdoy when u gave outlaw 5 years 35 million dollars/.

I hate Outaw but atleast he has been known to be decent on a good team like the Blazers. Vujacic is avg 11 a game as a Net, Walkers game high was 13 this year up untill like 2 days ago.

oak2455
01-17-2011, 12:00 AM

whats thin a Knick:confused::confused:

xxplayerxx23
01-17-2011, 12:00 AM
the last two games he destroyed Bynum, Gasol, Camby and Aldrige... averaging 33.....He's not a great rebounder and was playing uninspired basketball for the most part of the season.....Got props from Kobe after the Laker game, he just didn't have any help....

anyways, alot of talks about the nets won't go past the 2nd round with these set of players... who ever said they're done dealing after this? They have the richest owner in the league who's out to spend money ---PERIOD

Im not ganna lie i like lopez he has to rebound to be elite. He is young and talented. But if thats all the trades they make they prob wont get past round one they will prob be a 8 seed or a 7 seed.

blastmasta26
01-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Why do you just keep pointing out grammatical errors?

DoMeFavors

No idea the guy I responded to put the same thing so I just re-wrote his sentence.

arkanian215
I guess we'll finally see whether Melo is (not) willing to play for the Nets as some folks have claimed.

Tony_Starks
People that still doubt why Melo would go to the Nets must really not know about the Jay-Z Brooklyn extravaganza that would happen when they move.... thats a major PR pull if nothing else. Has nothing to do with winning.

xxplayerxx23
01-17-2011, 12:03 AM
I hate Outaw but atleast he has been known to be decent on a good team like the Blazers. Vujacic is avg 11 a game as a Net, Walkers game high was 13 this year up untill like 2 days ago.

And Williams is making a name of himself now. He leads the league in 3 pt%. Yet outlaw is a bum and cant play/ And walker droped 23 last week so stop talking about 13. Vujacic is getting good minutes walker is getting ok mins so stop nets wouldnt have a good bench .

bklynny67
01-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Rip and Billups isnt bad at all man your acting like they are Bibby and Salmons

holy **** again with Rip and Billups..

THEY ARE ONLY GONNA BE AROUND 1 MORE SEASON DUDE. plus they are mid-30's. if he signs with NJ its not cuz of them.

They are NOT a reason for him to sign with NJ. You clearly are delusional.

The Dream
01-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Hes a center that averages close to 20 points a game and is what 21-22? If your calling Lopez a bust then Gallinari who was picked ahead of him is an epic failure.

How does 19PPG mean anything when the team is 10-30 and nobody else on that team can score?

xxplayerxx23
01-17-2011, 12:05 AM
How does 19PPG mean anything when the team is 10-30 and nobody else on that team can score?

yes it does. Harris can score. And Lopez is young and Is talented, you can not deny that.

Metsboi69
01-17-2011, 12:05 AM

Do you honestly think hes a bust, just answer that.

arkanian215
01-17-2011, 12:06 AM
lol this thread is hilarious. It's a bunch of Knicks fans talking at DoMeFavors. Good luck.

DoMeFavors
01-17-2011, 12:07 AM
And Williams is making a name of himself now. He leads the league in 3 pt%. Yet outlaw is a bum and cant play/ And walker droped 23 last week so stop talking about 13. Vujacic is getting good minutes walker is getting ok mins so stop nets wouldnt have a good bench .

I bet all the stars are dieing to play with Shawne Williams. Do you have his Knick jersey yet? Farmar dropped 28, Vujacic dropped 25, Outlaw dropped 26. I think the bench is fine especially when Farmar and Sasha were bench players on the Lakers for 2 rings, Outlaw was a 6th man for a great Portland team.
Anthony Randolph doesnt play
Mosgov looks like he should be in the d league
Walker was on the celtics but did he ever even play?
Shawne Williams was cut by the 12 win nets.

bklynny67
01-17-2011, 12:08 AM
lol this thread is hilarious. It's a bunch of Knicks fans talking at DoMeFavors. Good luck.

haha, ya know what... you're right.. that dude says some rediculous stuff yet everyone (myself included) keep arguing with him. he obviously doesnt know what he's talking about and i think he knows it.. he's just messing with us. no way someone could be serious about the stuff he's said.

The Dream
01-17-2011, 12:09 AM
I bet all the stars are dieing to play with Shawne Williams. Do you have his Knick jersey yet? Farmar dropped 28, Vujacic dropped 25, Outlaw dropped 26. I think the bench is fine especially when Farmar and Sasha were bench players on the Lakers for 2 rings, Outlaw was a 6th man for a great Portland team.

i bet they are because he is actually a great role model and a leader

xxplayerxx23
01-17-2011, 12:10 AM

No all the stars are dieing to play with Amare, not sure if uve heard of him. those two on the bench would suck. Im not saying walker and willams are stars im saying ther ok bench players. Randolph would be a stud if MD wasnt such a stubborn ***. Randolph in 22.7 mins last year avg 12 and 8. Which is better then anyone on ur bench will avg. I bet all the stars cant wait to play with outlaw farmar and vujacic

xxplayerxx23
01-17-2011, 12:12 AM
haha, ya know what... you're right.. that dude says some rediculous stuff yet everyone (myself included) keep arguing with him. he obviously doesnt know what he's talking about and i think he knows it.. he's just messing with us. no way someone could be serious about the stuff he's said.

I cant help it lmao. I actually say that lopez is young and talented but isnt better then nene and there bench would suck and he keeps telling me thed be unbeliveable lol

DoMeFavors
01-17-2011, 12:12 AM
i bet they are because he is actually a great role model and a leader

Yes his criminal record proves it!
Does Amare and Felton ever sit? It seems like they play the entire game becaue Mike just doesnt trust his reserves.

xxplayerxx23
01-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Does Amare and Felton ever sit? It seems like they play the entire game becaue Mike just doesnt trust his reserves.

MD is stupid. But yeah let me tell u Ur bench is amazing best bench in the league.

The Dream
01-17-2011, 12:15 AM
Does Amare and Felton ever st? It seems like they play the entire game becaue Mike just doesnt trust his reserves.

he usually sits 6-8 min a half

RipCity32
01-17-2011, 12:19 AM

why did Amare sign with the Knicks hoping that Lebron and the rest would follow?

yshNYK
01-17-2011, 12:22 AM
I can't see Melo going to the Nets..but I wouldn't be hating if he did.

I've said it before..it would make Nets/Knicks games more fun to watch :)

jimm120
01-17-2011, 12:23 AM
he usually sits 6-8 min a half

no they don't.

Amare usually sits the first two minutes of the 2nd quarter and the 4th quarter

His average is down below 40 minutes a game only because he picks up fouls and HAS to sit. Hell, it might be that he picks up fouls on purpose so he can sit!

D'Antoni is overworking these guys. He just has the whole "gut instinct" thing and loves ot bench players (especially ones that can't shoot the 3).

Mozgov I understand. He's not ready. Doesn't show that he knows how to even go up for a dunk properly. Plus, he needs to learn how ot catch the ball.

Randolph, though, is just because he's "stupid". But hey, this guy can be our 10ppg/8reb/2blk guy off the bench in 20 minutes a game. But D'Antoni doesn't want that. He just wants 3 point shooting.

He should at least have gotten a chance.

Knicks21
01-17-2011, 12:24 AM

Credit to your staff for not recognizing his talents.

DoMeFavors
01-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Credit to your staff for not recognizing his talents.

I think we will live without Shawne Williams.

G-Bay New J
01-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Lol @ DoMeFavors

We're not all that bad.

The Dream
01-17-2011, 12:27 AM
no they don't.

Amare usually sits the first two minutes of the 2nd quarter and the 4th quarter

His average is down below 40 minutes a game only because he picks up fouls and HAS to sit. Hell, it might be that he picks up fouls on purpose so he can sit!

D'Antoni is overworking these guys. He just has the whole "gut instinct" thing and loves ot bench players (especially ones that can't shoot the 3).

Mozgov I understand. He's not ready. Doesn't show that he knows how to even go up for a dunk properly. Plus, he needs to learn how ot catch the ball.

Randolph, though, is just because he's "stupid". But hey, this guy can be our 10ppg/8reb/2blk guy off the bench in 20 minutes a game. But D'Antoni doesn't want that. He just wants 3 point shooting.

He should at least have gotten a chance.

lately amare has been tain out with about 2-3 min left in the first and sitting until eight or nine min left in the 2nd. its been better lately. not last game though

DoMeFavors
01-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Lol @ DoMeFavors

We're not all that bad.

just reppin the nets boy

oak2455
01-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Lol @ DoMeFavors

We're not all that bad.

I feel like we should be paying for this:D

arosen36
Interesting.

we could say the same thing if he went to the knicks

The Dream
I think we will live without Shawne Williams.

You wish you had the best 3pt shooter in the NBA coming off ya bench

jimbobjarree
01-17-2011, 12:30 AM
nooooo I'm going to see Jazz@Nuggets in 3 weeks. Stall the talks till then Melo!

jimm120
01-17-2011, 12:31 AM
No idea the guy I responded to put the same thing so I just re-wrote his sentence.

I just read your name for the first time...

...are you really saying that you want Favors to...do you?

DoMeFavors
01-17-2011, 12:31 AM
You wish you had the best 3pt shooter in the NBA coming off ya bench

Yes maybe I will be like the Knicks fans and buy an authentic jersey of a player I want. Im about to order the Shawne Williams jersey.

DenButsu
01-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Sources: Nets, Carmelo Anthony to talk
By Marc Stein

New Jersey Nets officials, led by majority owner Mikhail Prokhorov and minority owner Jay-Z, expect to have the opportunity Tuesday or Wednesday to make a face-to-face pitch to Carmelo Anthony, according to sources close to the negotiations.

Sources told ESPN.com on Sunday night that details of the meeting, which would likely happen Tuesday at an undisclosed location, were still being finalized Sunday night. The Nuggets play host to Oklahoma City on Wednesday.

NBA.com was the first to report Sunday that the Nets had been formally granted permission for a face-to-face meeting with Anthony. ESPN.com reported Friday that the league office would have no issue with a sitdown, since it does not regard such contact to be tampering as long as the Nuggets have given the Nets clearance to speak directly to Anthony.

"The team owns [Anthony's] contract," one league source said of the Nuggets. "They can do what they want."

The Nets are unwilling to complete a trade for Anthony unless the 25-year-old agrees to sign a three-year, $65 million contract extension as part of the transaction in what is known as an extend-and-trade. Boston used the same formula in the summer of 2007 to acquire Kevin Garnett from Minnesota.

After weeks of conflicting reports about Anthony's willingness to sign an extension with New Jersey, Prokhorov has privately maintained confidence that he could sway Anthony to buy into the Nets' future prospects and the team's move to Brooklyn starting with the 2012-13 season as long as he could get in front of him.

Although two sources with knowledge of Denver's thinking stressed again Sunday that no trade is imminent, Prokorov's anticipated sitdown with Anthony is expected to bring a resolution to the Nets' interest in the star forward one way or the other. The Russian billionaire was scheduled to arrive in the States before the Nets' game against Utah, which is "Russian Culture Night" at the team's temporary home in Newark.

Despite Anthony's well-chronicled preference to land with the New York Knicks if he leaves Denver, there was widespread belief throughout the league last week that the Nets and Nuggets were on the brink of a three-team deal with Detroit to send Anthony to New Jersey.

If Anthony resists an extension with the Nets after being personally lobbied by Prokhorov and Jay-Z, there would seem to be little reason for New Jersey to continue chasing a deal it has been pushing since September, when a four-team trade involving Charlotte and Utah that would have landed Anthony with the Nets also came close to completion before collapsing.

But if Prokhorov and Jay-Z are sufficiently persuasive in convincing Anthony to be the face of the Nets, New Jersey and Denver would have the go-ahead needed to finalize a three-team deal with Detroit expected to feature at least 15 players and land the Pistons' Richard Hamilton and the Nuggets' Chauncey Billups in New Jersey with Anthony.

Nets Looking for more information on your Nets? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

The most recent construction of the deal calls for the Nuggets to acquire prized Nets rookie Derrick Favors, New Jersey's former All-Star guard Devin Harris, Nets sharpshooter Anthony Morrow and at least two first-round picks, although sources say that one of the holdups in recent negotiations has been Denver's determination to acquire at least one more future first-rounder.

Detroit's motivation for participating, meanwhile, is largely financial. The franchise is up for sale and swapping Hamilton for Nets big men Troy Murphy and Johan Petro and a future second-round pick would result in a savings of more than $17 million for Detroit.

The Nuggets have been fielding interest in Anthony for weeks, with new vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri announcing in mid-December that he was "listening aggressively" to trade pitches. It was the first public signal that the Nuggets were resigned to moving Anthony before the Feb. 24 trade deadline.

Since September, however, Denver's most serious trade discussions have always been with New Jersey, because only the Nets have the trade assets capable of significantly reducing Denver's luxury-tax bill while also furnishing them with multiple lottery picks and a young player with Favors' promise.

The Nuggets have been met with staunch resistance when they pursued other on-the-rise forwards they like, such as the Los Angeles Clippers' Blake Griffin and Portland's unheralded Nicolas Batum.espn (http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6028979)

ee
01-17-2011, 12:35 AM

yo favors, you know there's a nets forum in case you get tired of all the Net hater here.....Battling it out with the knicks fans is pointless!!!trust me, I live with one lol...

DoMeFavors
01-17-2011, 12:39 AM
yo favors, you know there's a nets forum in case you get tired of all the Net hater here.....Battling it out with the knicks fans is pointless!!!trust me, I live with one lol...

Im not a nerd, im not going to be bullyed around.

The Dream
01-17-2011, 12:44 AM

:horse:

bklynny67
01-17-2011, 12:50 AM
so Melo is gonna wanna go to the Nets while they will no longer have Harris, Favors, Morrow, and 2 first round picks, rather than going to the Knicks after the season to play with Amar'e, Felton, Chandler and/or Gallo (assuming one if traded).

or maybe he'll sign with NJ since Billups will be there for ONE season! LOL

DenButsu
01-17-2011, 01:03 AM

"I just wanted to say that I'm a nerd. And I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds... I'm a nerd, and I'm pretty proud of it!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWH1jEgiO0w)

/off-topic (sorry couldn't resist...../

xxplayerxx23
01-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Lol @ DoMeFavors

We're not all that bad.

Lol melo just read the things he read and said he aint coming to jersey i dont wanna deal with this guy Lmao But yah he has no idea abo9ut anything :D

Hindy27
01-17-2011, 01:08 AM
so Melo is gonna wanna go to the Nets with a big fat extension while they will no longer have Harris, Favors, Morrow, and 2 first round picks, rather than going to the Knicks after the season to play for peanuts with Amar'e, Felton, Chandler and/or Gallo (assuming one if traded).

or maybe he'll sign with NJ since Billups will be there for ONE season! LOL
Fixed :D

DenButsu
01-17-2011, 01:14 AM
so Melo is gonna wanna go to the Nets

We'll find out soon enough. If it's happening, it'll be in the next couple of days.

I think he'll do it, though.

“I wasn’t going to leave no money on the table. We don’t do that where I come from.”
--Carmelo Anthony (summer, 2009, in reference to signing his first extension)

It's hard to overstate the importance of the money for Melo. He wants it, badly.

DenButsu
01-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Lol melo just read the things he read and said he aint coming to jersey i dont wanna deal with this guy Lmao But yah he has no idea abo9ut anything :D

Melo said he's not going to Jersey? Link?

Kashmir13579
01-17-2011, 01:20 AM

C'mon Jerry Garcia read between the lines.

bklynny67
01-17-2011, 01:20 AM

he's making a joke saying Melo read what DOMEFAVORS has posted on this board.

Melo didnt actually say that

DenButsu
01-17-2011, 01:24 AM
I know Melo didn't say that. I thought xxplayer was claiming he had. But I didn't read all the back-and-forth between the Nets and Knicks fans, so it looks like I probably missed a bit of sarcasm. My bad.

metsbulls1025
01-17-2011, 01:29 AM

He obviously doesn't care about winning right now because if he did he would stay in Denver for at least this year to see how it plays out because that team is better than both the Knicks and Nets. Here is my take on it and it is the same thing I said in another thread....

If Chris Paul is 100 percent going to try and play with Carmelo Anthony then it doesn't matter where he goes. The Nets may not look good this year, but if you add Paul next year through trade then you have Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, and Broke Lopez to build around. Not to mention Richard Hamilton at SG and even though he is on the downside he is not a bad 4th/5th option at all. Then you and many others will say well what about cap space? It doesn't matter because we watched multiple teams move unmovable contracts ( according to this forum ) to make a play for these big names this past off season. Players can force the hand of ownerships and if they want something bad enough they will get it.

BTW: I am not sure if Paul is a FA or not, but they still doesn't take away from my point.

jkiddvc20
01-17-2011, 01:32 AM
people don't care about the Nets; not fans, players, David Stern, New York, New Jersey, Melo, Billups, Nobody. everytime i look in these forums its just DoMeFavors every other post talking about Jordan Farmar's playoff experience.

Guess what do me favors, you better hope Melo goes to the Nets. because if he doesn't there will be no reason for ANYONE to talk with you about the Nets for at least 3-4 years. good luck with that.

Leave him alone and STFU, hey I care about the Nets so thats someone else, you ignorant piece of ****

Mudvayne91
01-17-2011, 01:42 AM
Leave him alone and STFU, hey I care about the Nets so thats someone else, you ignorant piece of ****

Don't worry about it dude. Some of these Knicks fans on here aren't very smart. Arguing with them is like arguing with your two year old son about going to sleep. They don't listen to reason and they have no idea what they're talking about. Plus, do you really value someone's sports opinion with the name Kashmir? I know I wouldn't.

To make this clear - not all Knicks fans

Tony_Starks
01-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Damn whats with all the hate on the Nets from Knick fans? I get that Knick fans are happy to be somewhat relevant once again but if Melo goes to Jersey it would be the same deal as what happened with Amare. Instantly everyone around him will get a lil better because of the attention he draws, they'll be a decent team, win some games, and never contend.

jkiddvc20
01-17-2011, 01:53 AM
Don't worry about it dude. Some of these Knicks fans on here aren't very smart. Arguing with them is like arguing with your two year old son about going to sleep. They don't listen to reason and they have no idea what they're talking about. Plus, do you really value someone's sports opinion with the name Kashmir? I know I wouldn't.

To make this clear - not all Knicks fans
Yeah I just got a little worked up you know, and I know some real intelligent Knicks fans on these boards.

Damn whats with all the hate on the Nets from Knick fans? I get that Knick fans are happy to be somewhat relevant once again but if Melo goes to Jersey it would be the same deal as what happened with Amare. Instantly everyone around him will get a lil better because of the attention he draws, they'll be a decent team, win some games, and never contend.

Touche

The Dream
01-17-2011, 01:55 AM

Awwww (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc)

DoMeFavors
01-17-2011, 01:57 AM

awww
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVolVNwz_sI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UO4a80JxqA&feature=related

jkiddvc20
01-17-2011, 01:58 AM

Haha another dumb Knicks fans, they just infest this wonderful state of New York

DenButsu
01-17-2011, 02:04 AM
And now there's this:

Nuggets’ Anthony says he doesn’t know about meeting with Nets
By Chris Dempsey

The New Jersey Nets are set to make a pitch to Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony – only, he may not want to hear it.

“I’m having a meeting?” he said after the Nuggets loss at San Antonio on Sunday night. “I know nothing about that.”

Briefed on the numerous reports confirming the Nuggets have given permission to New Jersey to talk to Anthony directly, thereby circumventing the NBA’s tampering rule, Anthony bristled.

“I’ve never heard about that,” he said. “That’s news to me. I can’t talk to them people. The Denver Nuggets still pay me. I haven’t talked to anybody – Masai (Ujiri, Nuggets executive vice president of basketball operations) or Josh (Kroenke, team president) or any other teams. So for that speculation to be going around out there like that, that’s false.”

Then the Nuggets forward took it a step further.

“I don’t want to talk to nobody,” Anthony said. “I let the front office handle that type of stuff. It ain’t my job to be talking to New Jersey, New York, Lakers, Dallas, no one. I still won’t step into something like that. I’ve seen a lot of people go through that.

“For me to sit here and say I want to talk to them or Masai or Josh gave them permission to talk to me, I think that’s false. If that was the case I’m pretty sure I would have gotten a phone call from Masai or Josh about that.”

Asked what he would do when he got the call from one of the Nuggets executives, Anthony said, “I haven’t gotten it yet.”

The sticking point in a Nuggets-Nets trade continues to be Anthony’s reluctance to sign a 3-year, $65 million contract extension with the Nets. This trade won’t go through until the Nets are assured he will be there longer than just the remainder of this season.

Asked if he thought Sunday’s game was his last in Denver, Anthony replied, “No, not at all.

“I’m going to play Wednesday against Oklahoma City, and then against the Lakers. Then Indiana. Yep.”Denver Post (http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2011/01/16/nuggets-anthony-says-he-doesnt-know-about-meeting-with-nets/)

The Dream
01-17-2011, 02:05 AM
awww
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVolVNwz_sI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UO4a80JxqA&feature=related

What are we supposed to do? Jump up and scream "yes"?

cchrisc773
01-17-2011, 02:08 AM
I wish there was an alternative to this trade. Billups has already stated he doesn't want any part of this trade and if traded to NJ, he wants a buyout.

So Option 1: keep Harris

- Nets acquire SF Melo, SG RIP, C/PF S.Williams, PF/SF R.Balkman, & PG A.Carter

- Nuggets acquire PF D.Favors, SG A.Morrow, SF/SG's S.Graham & Q.Ross, PG B.Uzoh, & 2-2011 1st rd picks.

- Pistons acquire C Petro, C/PF Murphy(Pistons work on buyout; Murphy returns to nets), & Nets 2011 2nd rd pick.

Nets Lineup:

C) Lopez/S.Williams
SF) Melo/Outlaw/James
SG) Rip/Sasha
PG) Harris/Farmar/Carter

Option two: Get Nash from PHOEnix!!!!

- Nets acquire PG S.Nash, SG Rip, SF Melo, C/PF S.WIlliams, PG A.Carter, & PF/SF R.Balkman

- Nuggets acquire PF D.Favors, SG A.Morrow, C G.Siler(v/Suns), SF/SG S.Graham, PG B.UZoh, & 2-2011 1st rd picks

- Suns acquire PG D.Harris, SF/SG Q.Ross, & 2012 1st rd picks(V/Nets)

- Pistons acquire C J.Petro, C/PF T.Murphy(buyout from pistons; returns to Nets), & 2011 2nd rd pick(V/Nets)

Lineup:

C) Lopez/S.Williams
SF) Melo/Outlaw/James
SG) Rip/Sasha
PG) Nash/Farmar/Carter.

Like it either way to be honest.

No. Billups stated he wants and extension and if he does not get one, then he wants a buyout. This news means the trade is in the final stage. It appears all sides have finally came to and agreement. Now, the ball is in Anthony's hands.

Rumor has it this trade will be finalized tuesday when the league office opens for business if Carmelo agrees to the extension.

DoMeFavors
01-17-2011, 02:08 AM
What are we supposed to do? Jump up and scream "yes"?

I guess those LeBron Knick Jerseys had to go in the garbage that you all purchased.

Antipod
01-17-2011, 02:10 AM
Now he can officially say NO to Niyets ))
Unless the russian has a pretty good darn speech to lure him

cchrisc773
01-17-2011, 02:11 AM
And now there's this:

Denver Post (http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2011/01/16/nuggets-anthony-says-he-doesnt-know-about-meeting-with-nets/)

That means IMO, Carmelo is already going to tell them NO....

The Dream
01-17-2011, 02:11 AM
I guess those LeBron Knick Jerseys had to go in the garbage that you all purchased.

"You all"? pretty sure i didn't buy one buttttt uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what you trying to say?:facepalm:

THE GIPPER
01-17-2011, 02:15 AM
That means IMO, Carmelo is already going to tell them NO....

ya by the way he responded he almost seemed upset that nj is able to talk to him now. too bad i was hoping this was coming to an end soon guess not.

arkanian215
01-17-2011, 02:16 AM
And now there's this:

Denver Post (http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2011/01/16/nuggets-anthony-says-he-doesnt-know-about-meeting-with-nets/)

When I let Anthony know that his comments were coming across as a resounding no to an invitation to get involved in the trade talks with the Nets, he said, "Yeah, I don’t want the NBA coming down on me or coming down on the team." Then I reminded him that the NBA would not consider such a conversation tampering because the Nuggets were on board. http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/27107122

Sounds like he was concerned with tampering issues.

The GEEEEE Men
01-17-2011, 02:16 AM
I go on rotoworld and see "Carmelo doesn't want to talk to Nets" lol.. Lets face it the guy is going to be a knick whether its through a trade or FA.. He's goin to NY

nystandup
01-17-2011, 02:20 AM
dagger

DoMeFavors
01-17-2011, 02:24 AM
I go on rotoworld and see "Carmelo doesn't want to talk to Nets" lol.. Lets face it the guy is going to be a knick whether its through a trade or FA.. He's goin to NY

Damn Rotoworlds reporting it so I guess its over.. I really thought he was going to the Nets untill Rotoworld posted that.

The Dream
01-17-2011, 02:25 AM
Damn Rotoworlds reporting it so I guess its over.. I really thought he was going to the Nets untill Rotoworld posted that.

RGM too lol

DAGGER!

Dade County
01-17-2011, 02:28 AM
dagger

lmao!

Now we know "Lakers and Dallas" are in it.

kblo247
01-17-2011, 02:43 AM
RGM too lol

DAGGER!

Double edged dagger I guess:

Anthony said contact with the Nets should be made by Denver's front office.

"I don’t want to talk to nobody. I let the front office handle that type of stuff."

Reports are swirling that the Nuggets have granted the Nets permission to speak with Anthony as the final details of a three-team trade are apparently being hammered out.

Anthony elaborated on his statement, saying that he does not want to get involved with speaking to any team, specifically mentioning the Knicks too. However, it is widely believed that the Nets will need a meeting with Anthony to sell him on joining their team.

You might want to read the whole article before saying "RGM too lol"

PC
01-17-2011, 02:47 AM
dagger

Look two posts up

iggypop123
01-17-2011, 02:54 AM
i think prokorov will offer melo maria sharapova compliments of vujacic

kblo247
01-17-2011, 02:56 AM

They also have Kim K and Beyonce to offer up. They can form a reality show if La La goes there :cool:

arkanian215
01-17-2011, 02:56 AM

That has to be the reason why we traded for him. Would Jay-Z offer up Beyonce if Melo says no? I guess we got an extra pick left in Kim Kardashian. We could throw in Meghan Allen for good measure.

arkanian215
01-17-2011, 02:57 AM
They also have Kim K and Beyonce to offer up. They can form a reality show if La La goes there :cool:

Don't they have a basketball wives reality show already?

kblo247
01-17-2011, 03:01 AM
Don't they have a basketball wives reality show already?

Yeah. They could just name them the basketball wives of Brooklyn though

Giaps
01-17-2011, 03:24 AM
I'll say it again, if Melo turns it down Nets fans should be thankful for it. They'll be better for it in the long run with Favors and all those 1st rounders if they use them properly (drafting well or trading up).

arkanian215
01-17-2011, 03:25 AM
I'll say it again, if Melo turns it down Nets fans should be thankful for it. They'll be better for it in the long run with Favors and all those 1st rounders.

I would:D I don't think many others see it that way though.

Achillez
01-17-2011, 03:47 AM
This thread is hilarious. This dude really named himself "DoMeFavors." He must be trolling.

kblo247
01-17-2011, 04:24 AM
Since Dallas and the Lakers were mentioned, Melo needs to wait free agency out and come to play with his big brother and best friend in the league in Hollywood via free agency ;)

MackShock
01-17-2011, 05:01 AM
Since Dallas and the Lakers were mentioned, Melo needs to wait free agency out and come to play with his big brother and best friend in the league in Hollywood via free agency ;)

with what caproom?

what if he flirts with the lakers and signs with the clips..

bklynny67
01-17-2011, 05:04 AM

dude... i am cracking up watching this at work right now..

THIS IS AMAZING!

xabial
01-17-2011, 05:15 AM
first off the nuggets current roster is better than that. nene has been great. and they also haVe a player whose named ty lawson who's better than anybody on the nets current roster

OOH SS&**T!!!!! :speechless:

kblo247
01-17-2011, 05:16 AM
with what caproom?

what if he flirts with the lakers and signs with the clips..

I was being sarcastic and dreaming at the same time. We would send Ron Artest, Devin Ebanks, Derrick Caracter, and Steve Blake to them in a sign and trade in my dream. Then we would give Barnes part of the MLE and re-sign Brown. LA would set him up with some advertising, music videos and stuff you see Ron and Shannon doing. :laugh2:

A guy can dream about adding Melo to Kobe, Pau, Bynum, and Odom, can't he?

rabzouz 96
01-17-2011, 05:22 AM
That has to be the reason why we traded for him. Would Jay-Z offer up Beyonce if Melo says no? I guess we got an extra pick left in Kim Kardashian. We could throw in Meghan Allen for good measure.

lol i thought kim kardashian left for kanye west!?

arkanian215
01-17-2011, 05:25 AM
lol i thought kim kardashian left for kanye west!?

I don't read tabloids. She was with Khloe at the Nets game in LA.

Knickfansince97
01-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Isiah Thomas said hes going to the knicks so i believe him lol

xabial
01-17-2011, 05:30 AM
I was being sarcastic and dreaming at the same time. We would send Ron Artest, Devin Ebanks, Derrick Caracter, and Steve Blake to them in a sign and trade in my dream. Then we would give Barnes part of the MLE and re-sign Brown. LA would set him up with some advertising, music videos and stuff you see Ron and Shannon doing. :laugh2:

A guy can dream about adding Melo to Kobe, Pau, Bynum, and Odom, can't he?

Lakers Fans don't deserve to dream. Your living the dream right now

DenButsu
01-17-2011, 06:13 AM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/27107122

Sounds like he was concerned with tampering issues.

Yep, that, and his image. After all, he's been saying the whole time:

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-news-and-rumors/articles/107903-carmelo-anthony-i-never-said-i-wanted-to-be-traded

"I never said I wanted to be traded."

Does anyone here really believe that? No, of course not.

Nothing Melo tells the press at this point has any credibility right now.

From day one, manipulating the media has been a key part of his strategy to strongarm the Nuggets without ending up looking like a LeBron-esque bad guy. What's he supposed to do now, say "Yeah, I want to be traded to the Nets" and draw the wrath of Denver and the scorn of NBA fandom in general?

Nope. For him, keeping his cards close to the vest is the name of the game. Until a deal has actually been finalized, we'll keep getting played.

bklynny67
01-17-2011, 06:13 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14559958/if-melo-doesnt-want-nets-he-should-put-stop-to-trade-talks

has anyone seen or posted this? i dont think it needs its own thread but this article is showing he wants no part of NJ. it say the only teams he's thought about signing an extension are the Knicks and Nuggets. and also has some good quotes from him. i havent thought he's goin to NJ yet and this makes me think even more that he's eventually gonna end up with the Knicks.

we'll see

jiggin
01-17-2011, 07:56 AM
LOL

I will laugh so hard if he ends up with the nets on an extension...LOL

JerseysFinest
01-17-2011, 09:16 AM
You can't really expect him to come right out with it and admit that he is looking forward to a meeting or he is willing to play for the Nets right? When has Carmelo said he's willing to play for the Knicks candidly? That ESPN segment had him saying NY is the ultimate dream, but he didn't specify if it was NY or NJ/BK. He is from BK, and if his ultimate dream is going home, the Nets would technically be his choice. He has to be aware of the comments he makes because if he doesn't, the media will twist his statements and turn them against him

sintaks12
01-17-2011, 09:38 AM
You can't really expect him to come right out with it and admit that he is looking forward to a meeting or he is willing to play for the Nets right? When has Carmelo said he's willing to play for the Knicks candidly? That ESPN segment had him saying NY is the ultimate dream, but he didn't specify if it was NY or NJ/BK. He is from BK, and if his ultimate dream is going home, the Nets would technically be his choice. He has to be aware of the comments he makes because if he doesn't, the media will twist his statements and turn them against him

I expect him to say "no comment"... not "no, I don't want to meet with the Nets." That's not him playing coy with media to make it seem like he's not interesting. Sure sounds like he's genuinely not interested. Those words do not bode well for NJ's chances.

Hindy27
01-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Don't come in here talking sense, you'll only confuse the Knicks fans.

It's obvious they pick one comment out of each article to tell us he's making it clear that he will be going to the Knicks, I'm not sure they can read a full article.

Here's a quote from the article.

I let the front office handle that type of stuff. It ain't my job to be talking to New Jersey, New York, the Lakers, Dallas, no one. That's not my job to do.
I guess that rules all those teams out.

Actually he said 'no one', so by a Knick fans' reckoning that means he only wants to be traded to a D-League team or Europe. He has made it clear to everyone now, it's D-League or Europe. Maybe China.:D

29$JerZ
01-17-2011, 10:09 AM
If Melo wants NJ so be it, they'll always be 2nd fiddle in NY.
If going to one of the worst East teams is what he wants good luck with that. NY is still the best place for him to shine but money looks like the deciding factor here sadly.

JerseysFinest
01-17-2011, 10:13 AM
No reason to hate on Jersey whatsoever

Hindy27
01-17-2011, 10:19 AM
No reason to hate on Jersey whatsoever
Agreed, there is so much hate directed at the Nets, which is strange considering the Nets are supposed to be 'irrelevant'.

And comments about Melo going to a bad team, or one of the worst East teams are strange as well. It was no problem for Amare, he went to a team that didn't have a winning record for the last decade. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

sintaks12
01-17-2011, 10:25 AM

It's obvious they pick one comment out of each article to tell us he's making it clear that he will be going to the Knicks, I'm not sure they can read a full article.

Actually he said 'no one', so by a Knick fans' reckoning that means he only wants to be traded to a D-League team or Europe. He has made it clear to everyone now, it's D-League or Europe. Maybe China.:D

Easy on the hate dude. Seems as if you've picked out a single sentence to build your argument, doesn't it? Based on that article, does it really sound like NJ is a priority? On the flip side, does the ESPN interview show that Melo wants the Knicks? I think not. No need to point fingers... be an adult. Bottom line: he's hedging and sending mixed signals to everyone. So it's very easy for any NJ or NY fan to think he wants either team. Wouldn't you agree?

knicksfan42
01-17-2011, 10:34 AM

Hmmm, which team was he supposed to have a meeting with this week? The Knicks? The Lakers? The Mavs? No. It was the Nets. Its great that he throws out names other than the Nets, but in the end he was supposed to have a meeting with them not with any of the other teams mentioned.:D

nystandup
01-17-2011, 11:00 AM
http://http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/the-knicks-fix-1.812055/carmelo-taking-control-of-his-destiny-1.2615973

Carmelo taking control of his destiny

7 m ago By Alan Hahn

This is the moment everyone has been waiting for since the Melo-drama started in the summer: the moment he decides it's time to be the alpha dog. It's crunch time, so it's fitting that he steps up now to finish this off.

As we told you last week, Carmelo Anthony told his representatives at CAA, led by agent Leon Rose, to get something done with the Knicks.The main goal, a source with intimate knowledge of the situation, said that was emphasized as Priority One: an extend-and-trade to the Knicks.

But the Knicks still need a little more help from Carmelo here. They need him to tell the Nuggets he will ONLY sign an extension with the Knicks, which is something both Chris Sheridan (ESPN.com) and Ken Berger (CBSSports.com) reported in mid-December. While I still can't confirm that message was sent, I can say that the message has been strongly suggested after his comments after Sunday's game in San Antonio in reaction to a report by the generally impeccable David Aldridge (TNT/NBA.com) said the Nets have been granted permission by the Nuggets to meet with Carmelo and convince him to buy into the Newark/Brooklyn plan.

"I don't want to talk to nobody," Anthony told reporters in San Antonio (quoteage via the Denver Post). "I let the front office handle that type of stuff. It ain't my job to be talking to New Jersey, New York, Lakers, Dallas, no one. I still won't step into something like that. I've seen a lot of people go through that.

"For me to sit here and say I want to talk to them or Masai [Ujiri] or Josh [Kroenke] gave them permission to talk to me, I think that's false. If that was the case I'm pretty sure I would have gotten a phone call from Masai or Josh about that."

The Nets still feel confident that if Mikhail Prokhorov and Brett Yormark can get some quality time in the company of Carmelo and his wife, Lala, they can sell their vision. And maybe that's why Carmelo is resisting.

The Knicks, meanwhile, are also resisting, which might be maddening to some fans but Donnie Walsh is playing his cards right (as usual). He doesn't want to overpay and gut the roster of young, contributing talent if he does have to. He doesn't want to hinder the team's chances to fill other areas of need (starting center). And any old school trader knows you don't overpay when you're only bidding against yourself. Walsh has to believe that the longer this situation continues to drag out, the better chance he has become the only horse left in the race. You'll still have to give up something, but maybe not nearly as much among the beloved trio of Wilson Chandler, Landry Fields and Danilo Gallinari.

And once Carmelo makes it clear to Denver that the Knicks are his only choice, then there can finally be some meaningful dialogue. The Nuggets can finally tell the Knicks what they're looking for off the roster and the Knicks can make an offer. There's plenty of time between now and the Feb. 24 trade deadline.

And if all else fails, Carmelo can just stay with the Nuggets for the remainder of the season for one more playoff run. Why not? The Lakers look vulnerable this season. The Mavericks are hurting. The Suns are no longer the Suns. The Spurs have been great, but are beatable. For the first time in years, the West is somewhat up for grabs.

Then give the Nuggets the chance to trade him on draft night -- he'd have to accept an extension first to lock in his option year for 2011-12 -- before free agency (or the current CBA expires, which will lead to a lockout) begins. Or he might decide to just forget all this trouble and stay in Denver. Or he can just opt-out and become a free agent, which will allow the Knicks to sign him without losing much off their current playoff-bound roster.
That has always been the best-case scenario from a Knicks POV. The problem is, that kind of patience is only found in Walsh. Everyone else here is pushing the panic button.

As Adrian Wojnarowski (Yahoo! Sports) reported, Carmelo's reps at CAA don't want him to go into free agency because they believe it will cost him -- and them -- money. But this fear is based on speculation. Based on the idea that the NBA will adopt a more restrictive collective bargaining agreement that will result in major reductions in potential salary.
But let's think about that for a minute: the NBA is a league built on it's star players, promoted with it's star players and dominated by it's star players. And if you consider that owners would not want a system in which they could lose star players sooner, or have to continually re-negotiate with star players, it's impossible to believe that the new CBA will not have some sort of star player exception built in to ensure that: 1. star players are paid like stars, 2. that star players can get long-term deals.

So while the mid-level exception will certainly be dismissed, a new CBA won't restrict long-term commitments to players who mean so much to a franchise. And another thing, would the NBA really go with a deal that results in it's most marketed players making $12 million annually when players in MLB and the NFL are around $20 million and more?

In other words, Carmelo should still be able to get at least a five-year contract and he still should be able to get at least $15 million per in his next deal. By the way, check to see what LeBron James ($14.5M), Dwyane Wade ($14.2M) and Chris Bosh ($14.5M) signed for to go to Miami.

If that was amenable to CAA, then getting Carmelo to the team he wants shouldn't be an issue. And if the money is that big of a deal, remember, the Knicks are owned by someone who also owns a major cable television company. And Carmelo's wife, Lala, happens to be a television personality. That right there is simple mathematics.

The Nets on paper unquestionably have the best offer to Denver, especially when it comes to those draft picks. But while the Nuggets feel like they could sell the idea of this trade to their fans -- though you have to expect George Karl wouldn't be too happy about a rebuilding situation -- there has to be a great deal of trepidation about how much value it really has going forward. Unless you could foresee a dynamic draft coming in 2011 or '12 -- by dynamic, I mean 2003-caliber, the one Melo, LeBron, Wade and Bosh were in -- then how much value do these picks really have?

But this situation was never something the Nuggets ever had full control over, not with Carmelo wielding the power of the extension. The Nets could get desperate and just make the trade without an extension and then overwhelm Carmelo until he signs it. But what a potentially crushing risk that would be, especially if Carmelo still decides he wants to be with the Knicks and leaves for Manhattan.

Whatever the case, Carmelo should get credit for handling this as well as he could. It wasn't he who leaked information and whispered agenda-driven rumors, it was his people. Melo may be thinking about playing at the Garden, playing with another star in Amar'e Stoudemire and playing in Mike D'Antoni's high-octane offensive system and wearing the same jersey -- and, possibly, same number -- as his childhood idol, Bernard King. But he also had the Nuggets and the fans who adored him for seven years in mind and never wanted to be viewed as someone who just dumped the franchise without warning.

It took a long time to get the widespread respect of a star player, longer than it took LeBron and Wade, and he doesn't want to ruin that. He doesn't want to see Denver fans burning his jersey in the street the way he saw those images of Cavaliers fans burning LeBron's jersey moments after The Decision last July. And while fellow stars such as LeBron and Kobe have tried to tell him to focus only on what makes him happy, because you can't please everyone, this stuff does personally matters to Carmelo.

But not enough to make a bad decision that could impact him for the next four years and, potentially, the rest of his career. And that's why, as this situation enters the fourth quarter, as we enter crunch time, Carmelo is stepping up. It's time to take over the game.

JerseysFinest
01-17-2011, 11:05 AM
I expect him to say "no comment"... not "no, I don't want to meet with the Nets." That's not him playing coy with media to make it seem like he's not interesting. Sure sounds like he's genuinely not interested. Those words do not bode well for NJ's chances.

He said he didn't want to talk to nobody, and not only mentioned the Nets, but Dallas and other teams. But he also didn't know that him talking to the Nets would not be tampering

Slimsim
01-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Each passing day we get closer to the trade Deadline. Which would be the ultimate Win if Melo stay in Denver until Then.

JerseysFinest
01-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Hmmm, which team was he supposed to have a meeting with this week? The Knicks? The Lakers? The Mavs? No. It was the Nets. Its great that he throws out names other than the Nets, but in the end he was supposed to have a meeting with them not with any of the other teams mentioned.:D

If you actually read the article, he does mention New Jersey, first as a matter of fact.

nystandup
01-17-2011, 11:14 AM
"What am I going to meet with (Nets majority owner Mikhail Prokhorov) for?'' Anthony said.

http://http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/16/report-nuggets-grant-nets-permission-to-speak-with-carmelo-anth/

JOSKOMANG4
01-17-2011, 11:20 AM
I think if the Knicks agreed to take one of their bad contracts; Al Harrington, the Knicks can get a package done.

- Nuggets acquire C E.Curry(expiring), SF/SG's W.Chandler & K.Azubuike, SG R.Mason JR(expiring), & 2011 1st rd pick(V/Wolves v/Randolph trade).

- Knicks acquire PF A.Harrington & SF Melo

Lineup:

C) Amare/Turiaf/MOsgov
PF) Harrington/Williams
SF) Melo/Gallo
SG) Fields/Walker/Rautins
PG) Felton/Douglass

- With Melo in the lineup, Definitely potential to be a 4th-5th seed in East. With Felton & Turiaf expiring after 2011-2012; hello CP3, D.Williams, or D.Howard!

Nuggets Lineup: * Buyout Curry & Mason JR(May return to the Knicks??)

C) Nene/Anderson/ELY
PF) Martin/Balkman/Williams
SF) Chandler/Azubuike/Forbes
SG) Jr Smith/Affalo
PG) Billups/Lawson/Carter

- Expiring contracts galore! Martin, AZU,Smith,Affalo,Curry & Mason(both bought out). Build around a young core featuring Nene, Lawson, & Chandler. I can see Denver bringing in either PF J.THompson or C.Landry from Sacramento

Hindy27
01-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Easy on the hate dude. Seems as if you've picked out a single sentence to build your argument, doesn't it? Based on that article, does it really sound like NJ is a priority? On the flip side, does the ESPN interview show that Melo wants the Knicks? I think not. No need to point fingers... be an adult. Bottom line: he's hedging and sending mixed signals to everyone. So it's very easy for any NJ or NY fan to think he wants either team. Wouldn't you agree?
lol, easy on the hate?
Knicks fans are constantly bashing and hating on the Nets.

As for picking the one line part, I thought it was obvious that I was giving an example of where things could lead if you pick one line and just use that and nothing else.

I have stated before that although I don't like the Knicks it would be good to see the Knicks and Nets being successful. Having them both in the top 4 of the East and playing meaningful playoff series against each other would be great for New York and the NBA. Most Knicks fans seem to just want the Nets to be 10-72 every year and take pride in kicking the team.

I have never said he would prefer the Nets, quite the opposite actually, I'm fairly sure he prefers the Knicks. My arguments in here are usually just that the Nets chances of getting him are higher than they've been given credit for. Maybe not as high as the Knicks chances but Melo to the Nets isn't impossible.

On his mixed signals.
I think he is just trying to make everyone happy, so he doesn't get the hate that LBJ got. By saying he is playing the next game and the next game etc. for Denver, IMO when he gets traded he'll come out and say "they traded me, I didn't ask for it" to try and appease Denver fans and look innocent.

So really I'm not sure where he'll end up and I don't care. If the Nets get him it'd be good but if they don't we can just keep building through the draft and make other trades. If the Knicks get him it'll be 'u mad' x 2, these forums will be unbearable.

latinofire21
01-17-2011, 11:29 AM

I was trying to hold back but I cant anymore lol. THe statements out of you keep getting more and more ridiculous.

Billups is ancient. If he was in the east he still wouldnt even be considered for the allstar game. Billups has been on a championship team for years in Detroit. He had Hamilton Prince R. Wallace and B. Wallace in their primes.

He was a huge part of their success but his playoff experience are from those years. His age has caught up to him and no one would pick Billups over Felton right now. Its not even close!

There is a reason why Hamilton isnt playing in Detroit. He lost his minutes to a crippled TMAC and company. He isnt the same Rip that won championships for Detroit.

What makes you think an Aged Billups and Hamilton is a better compliment to Melo then what the Knicks have going right now?

If the Nets get Melo its because Prokorov sells him on the future and his plans for the team. Its not because they would be in a win now mode adding those two guys with him. Thats just ludicrous.

I actually dont care if he lands in NY or NJ although i would prefer NY. I think what the Knicks have going right now is pretty good and making the division more competitive is good for basketball.

But, Seriously please stop trying to paint he picture that the Nets are a better landing spot then the Knicks because thats a joke.

Stop brining in the history of both franchises because thats irrelevant. They HAD hall of famers just like the knicks did. They HAD more playoff appearances then the knicks over the last decade. They HAD more all stars then the knicks over the last decade. If i make my arguement about the kncks in the 90s its just as irrelevant so dont b ring that into the arguement. Thanks

knicksfan42
01-17-2011, 11:37 AM
If you actually read the article, he does mention New Jersey, first as a matter of fact.

I did read the article did you read the comment I was responding to?

9GRAVES9
01-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Carmelo Anthony said after Sunday's game that he isn't aware of a meeting with the Nets and has no desire to meet with them, saying, "I don’t want to talk to nobody. I let the front office handle that type of stuff."

"The Nuggets pay me. I can't talk to those people," said Melo. When asked if this was his final game with the Nuggets, he replied, "No. I'm going to play Wednesday against Oklahoma City, then against the Lakers, then Indiana." The plot has certainly thickened, and it's possible that Melo is adamant enough about playing for New York that he won't sign an extension and instead ink a new deal as a free agent, CBA be damned. The rumored mega-deal has been 'heating up' recently, however, and anything is possible -- it's still almost certain that Denver will deal him before the deadline, one way or another. Jan. 17 - 12:41 am et
Source: Chris Dempsey on Twitter

lol, this guy wants no part of nj or the nets. looks like the knicks is where he wants to be.