PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Turning Into Giant Killers

mrblisterdundee
01-16-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm sure most people are watching the Jets surprise the Patriots, but I can't believe the Clippers beat the Lakers. Although this is a thread about the Clippers, I think it's worthy news for all basketball fans. They've beaten five of the top-10 teams in the NBA now, including the other Los Angeles, San Antonio, Miami, Oklahoma City and Chicago. Not only that, but they beat both Oklahoma City and Chicago on the road. It's hard not to love this team. Watch out for their match-ups on Jan. 25 at Dallas, Feb. 2 against Chicago, Feb. 6 at Miami, Feb. 8 at Orlando, Feb. 22 at Oklahoma City, Feb. 25 at Los Angeles, Feb. 26 at Boston, Mar. 25 at Los Angeles, Mar. 30 against Dallas, April 2 versus Oklahoma City, April 6 at Oklahoma City and April 8 at Dallas. These guy might not make the playoffs, but they're turning into giant killers.

210Don
01-16-2011, 07:25 PM
clippers were at home against the spurs not road .
but they do play well versus good teams.

mrblisterdundee
01-16-2011, 07:35 PM
clippers were at home against the spurs not road .
but they do play well versus good teams.

Imagine if Tim Duncan ends up having to guard Blake Griffin in the post season.

bovice163
01-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Well deserved win for a very fun team to watch. EGor and Blake are going to be a monster duo in the seasons to come.

cargobox
01-16-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm proud of my Clippers, I really am. They're really better than their record.

RZZZA
01-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Clippers deserve it

ElMarroAfamado
01-16-2011, 07:42 PM
todays win was really impressive I thought we were going to let this get away when the Lakers kept getting FT after FT ....but damn ...one of the most satisfying wins of the season....
and i agree they play good against good teams at home
but it will mean more once they start doing it on the road too....anyone can beat any team AT HOME....take this show to the road then i will be truly impressed

Lakerfrk
01-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Let me tell ya....... Those Clippers are BEASTS... I would LOVE to see them as the 8th seed in the playoffs, would be great for that franchise!

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Kaman is going to ruin their chemistry, they should trade him for picks or young talent.

asandhu23
01-16-2011, 07:48 PM
They lost to the Warriors... so we are Giant Killer Killers

Chill_Will_24
01-16-2011, 07:54 PM
I love them. They are converting me into a Clipper fan after 13 years of being a Nets fan. From Nets to Clippers... Oh the irony!!!

Dodgers99
01-16-2011, 07:56 PM

And got whacked by those same Clippers about a week earlier, so ends your theory.

Lim
01-16-2011, 07:57 PM
clippers got one hell of a bright future ahead of them. blake,gordon,jordan,aminu,bledsoe
just gotta some how trade kaman and b davis, good luck with that though

bovice163
01-16-2011, 07:59 PM
clippers got one hell of a bright future ahead of them. blake,gordon,jordan,aminu,bledsoe
just gotta some how trade kaman and b davis, good luck with that though

Yeah, I think that's the number one obstacle for them. A playoff bout is very near for the Clippers, as long as those two are far away from the Clips roster.

iFYouSeekAmy
01-16-2011, 08:04 PM
And got whacked by those same Clippers about a week earlier, so ends your theory.

And they beat the Clippers before that.

cargobox
01-16-2011, 08:09 PM

hey that's not cool man! hahaha

Ovratd1up
01-16-2011, 08:16 PM
I believe they've beaten three different teams when they had the best record in the league.

netsgiantsyanks
01-16-2011, 08:20 PM
the clippers have been really impressive lately.

netsgiantsyanks
01-16-2011, 08:22 PM

they also lost to the nets... so we are giant giant killers killers

Sixerlover
01-16-2011, 08:23 PM
And the Nets lost to who? The Sixers!

Giant-Giant-Giant killers.

netsgiantsyanks
01-16-2011, 08:25 PM
you got me :sigh:

WizFan3
01-16-2011, 08:26 PM
the nly reason they did bad early on was cuz they had a tuff schedule there going to be great in the playoffs...good god imagine if lbj went there and then tried to trade for melo
Davis
Melo
LBJ
Griffin
Kaman...finals

netsgiantsyanks
01-16-2011, 08:30 PM
the only reason they did bad early on was because they had a tough schedule there going to be great in the playoffs...good god imagine if lbj went there and then tried to trade for melo
Davis
Melo
LBJ
Griffin
Kaman...finals

thats better

and that would of never happened. chances are if that ever happened, the nuggets would of demanded griffin.

JRisdabest
01-16-2011, 08:35 PM
CLIPS ARE PLAYING WELL... DEANDRE JORDAN IS the MAIN REASON WHY THE CLIPS HAVE TURNED IT AROUND FROM SUCH A DREADFUL START

MackShock
01-16-2011, 08:38 PM

hey that's not cool man! hahaha

people people....

Warriors and Clippers this Saturday in LA. Final showdown.

Dubz win - Giant Killer Killers

Clips win - Giant Killers hands down

mrblisterdundee
01-16-2011, 08:46 PM

Beating the Clippers still isn't "giant-killing," but you make a good point about the Clippers needing to do better on the road, even against mediocre teams like Golden State.

Mrphilly
01-16-2011, 08:50 PM
To think people laughed and called it Karma when Lebron and the Heat loss to this team. Those people were so busy hating Lebron that they didnt even take time out ponder the idea of the Clippers actually being a good young team.

These guys are fun to watch every night, win or lose. If these guys grow together they will be similar to the Thunder in a year or two. A young team with a lot of expectations. WOW the Clippers with Expectation, thats weird to say.

ElMarroAfamado
01-16-2011, 09:03 PM
they also lost to the nets... so we are giant giant killers killers

hahaha

:cool:

ElMarroAfamado
01-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Kaman is going to ruin their chemistry, they should trade him for picks or young talent.

I really hope they do...but if they cant they shouldnt just give him away...
Ike can backup Blake and Kaman can backup Deandre

ElMarroAfamado
01-16-2011, 09:05 PM
and Baron Davis is a HUGE reason we have been playing well as of late....but it just when he plays horrible if affects the team so much that people are quick to bash him and want him out of here...but as he goes we go....

210Don
01-16-2011, 09:06 PM

it be 04 05 suns all over again. let blake get his shut down everyone else

apet8945
01-16-2011, 09:11 PM
This win was a little more impressive than the others cause they actually faced some adversity and had to come back on the lakers of all teams. Clips are definitely headed in the right direction.

nickdymez
01-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Clippers look really good to me right now.. They can beat any team in the league....

kblo247
01-16-2011, 09:30 PM
What I have noticed is that that Baron makes them damn good when he flips the switch and plays hard. When he goes through the motions they are fodder.

I hope they deal Kaman for Prince

mttwlsn16
01-16-2011, 09:45 PM
it SUCKS we started 5-21 otherwise wed be in the playoff mix.

kblo247
01-16-2011, 09:50 PM

If Melo gets dealt two spots will be up for grabs.

Blazers, Phoenix, Memphis, Clippers, and Warriors all can make a run at the last 2 places

mttwlsn16
01-16-2011, 09:56 PM
^ thats what im hoping for

Lim
01-16-2011, 09:59 PM
If Melo gets dealt two spots will be up for grabs.

Blazers, Phoenix, Memphis, Clippers, and Warriors all can make a run at the last 2 places

this

CityofChaos
01-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Im going to love it when the Clippers make the playoffs in a few years (if not starting this year) and all the LAL fans and others who spoke badly and poked fun at them numerous times in the past start to jump the bandwagon--just like what happened with the Cavs when so many people suddenly came out of nowhere and hopped on board once Lebron came and made them good.

iggypop123
01-16-2011, 10:39 PM
clipps are moving on up. the reason they won was simply 3 point shooting. the lakers couldnt make one and thats why the clipps were able to win and thats the only reason. the clips now have to take another step foward. all of these games have been at home. they gotta compete with teams on the road. they lost to the warriors on the road.

FarOutIos
01-16-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm not a Clippers fan... but I thought all along that Lebron should have gone to the Clips... Seeing how the pieces fit over there, just imagine if Lebron was on the team. Wow. Lebron and Blake...

ElMarroAfamado
01-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Really.....the hole is so tremendous its going to be really difficult to come back...i mean it seemed like we would win 1 game for every 6 lost...we have settled down now...and if we can hover around single digits under .500 and slowly creep up i think a couple games over .500 should be good enough to make it....good thing it aint like a couple years ago where it seemed everyone in the West had 50 wins! haha

iFYouSeekAmy
01-17-2011, 12:19 AM
I really hope Clippers don't blow the team up like how the Warriors did after their playoff run.

effen5
01-17-2011, 12:38 AM
When I was watching them play my Bulls, I was thinking the same thing, this team is soooo talented, its too bad they have a garbage of a coach.

I hope the Clips finally do turn it around, and finally they actually have that one young piece to start building around....they will be very good in the next couple of years.

Tony_Starks
01-17-2011, 12:57 AM
Imagine what their record would have been if BD would've actually came to camp in shape and ready to play instead of spending the summer getting wasted and screwing off........

iFYouSeekAmy
01-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Imagine what their record would have been if BD would've actually came to camp in shape and ready to play instead of spending the summer getting wasted and screwing off........

Or imagine what their record would have been if Kaman had a season ending injury during training camp.

Tony_Starks
01-17-2011, 01:12 AM
Or imagine what their record would have been if Kaman had a season ending injury during training camp.

lol sad but true! At least now they can see that Jordan is a way better fit and not to mention a heck of alot cheaper. I'd have Kaman out on the first thing smoking, he's not athletic enough and doesn't run the floor well enough to fit in with what they're doing.

I'm not sure what they're waiting for, it shouldnt be that hard to move him with decent Bigs being so hard to come by...

LeonFSU
01-17-2011, 03:51 AM
lol sad but true! At least now they can see that Jordan is a way better fit and not to mention a heck of alot cheaper. I'd have Kaman out on the first thing smoking, he's not athletic enough and doesn't run the floor well enough to fit in with what they're doing.

I'm not sure what they're waiting for, it shouldnt be that hard to move him with decent Bigs being so hard to come by...

The problem is Kaman isn't decent. He's horrible.

knicksfan42
01-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Yea if the Clippers were 100% healthy from the start of the season their record would at least be even in wins and lost.

TornadoOfSouls
01-19-2011, 08:40 AM

Imagine if Del Negro tried to outcoach Popovich in a seven game series.

xabial
01-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Imagine if Del Negro tried to outcoach Popovich in a seven game series.

lmao

Raph12
01-19-2011, 01:31 PM
BG is a beast, Baron is playing with life again, Gordon is breaking out and Jordan has been quite impressive... They look good atm.

8kobe24
01-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Props to the clippers for bringing their A game when it comes to playing the big dogs. But there's only 6-7 teams that are considered "big dogs". Clippers are a good up and coming team, they just gotta figure out what's working for them and bring it day in day out.

BkOriginalOne
01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
All they need is a true PG who can run the team
And A perimeter scorer (sf) who can defend on the wings and shoot the 3.

J-Relo
01-19-2011, 02:11 PM
oh Clippers won against Lakers and Heat, also Griffin has amazing night against no-defense-Pacers and now there are Clippers fans all over the place...

not impressed.

kylem4711
01-19-2011, 03:27 PM
im with you j-relo. this is almost getting as bad as our playoff run a couple of years ago.

Dumb thing is, most of our "new" fans are laker fans... no clipper fan wants that.

Chronz
01-19-2011, 03:31 PM
and Baron Davis is a HUGE reason we have been playing well as of late....but it just when he plays horrible if affects the team so much that people are quick to bash him and want him out of here...but as he goes we go....

Thats because Blake and EG are so consistent. If we could replace Baron with a player we could count on then wed be somewhere

Chronz
01-19-2011, 03:34 PM
What I have noticed is that that Baron makes them damn good when he flips the switch and plays hard. When he goes through the motions they are fodder.

I hope they deal Kaman for Prince

Yes but you make it sound like thats a compliment. Blake and EG bring it every night but if they played as inconsistent as Baron then youd be saying the same thing about them, its such a shame we can rely on Baron.

ElMarroAfamado
01-19-2011, 03:35 PM
The problem is Kaman isn't decent. He's horrible.

imagine having your offense run through him all these years?
:facepalm:

ElMarroAfamado
01-19-2011, 03:36 PM
oh Clippers won against Lakers and Heat, also Griffin has amazing night against no-defense-Pacers and now there are Clippers fans all over the place...

not impressed.

coming from a Heat fan that probably registered the day after the "Decision"
:facepalm:

ElMarroAfamado
01-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Thats because Blake and EG are so consistent. If we could replace Baron with a player we could count on then wed be somewhere

Blake is consistent....Eric Gordon has not been consistent until recently...he would have decent scoring games early on but he would make stupid mistakes that were huge and were ultimately huge reasons as to why we lost....and Baron has been a player we could count on as of late....

mttwlsn16
01-19-2011, 03:56 PM

not impressed.

^ says the person with THE MOST bandwagon team of the year :facepalm:

JDMVP
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
This team is gonna be great in the future with the cap they have and if they could just trade Kaman or BD for some picks. This team is gonna be sky high, I just hope Blake Griffin does not pull a LeBron on the clips, this franchise has suffered tooo damn much.