PDA

View Full Version : Best PG in the NBA

Pages : [1] 2

JJ81
01-16-2011, 03:24 PM
This poll probably comes up all the time but my friends and I were having a discussion. What do you all think?

SteBO
01-16-2011, 03:26 PM
I would honestly say Derrick Rose, bt Rondo's right there. I'd throw arroyo in there too. ;)

MiamiWadeCounty
01-16-2011, 03:29 PM
I would honestly say Derrick Rose, bt Rondo's right there. I'd throw arroyo in there too. ;)

No chance at Rondo. He can't create for himself offensively yet and the same jumpshot as Josh Smith. I would agree Rondo is in the top 4 Pgs with Dwill, CP3 and Rose. I voted D-Will for obvious reasons.

Gators123
01-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Deron

New Y0rk3r
01-16-2011, 03:31 PM
I gotta go with D Williams even tho Rose, Rondo and Paul are rite there with him.
The question is: why is John Wall even mentioned among these names? He will get there but it'll take a few yrs.

JJ81
01-16-2011, 03:36 PM
I gotta go with D Williams even tho Rose, Rondo and Paul are rite there with him.
The question is: why is John Wall even mentioned among these names? He will get there but it'll take a few yrs.

He's not the best PG in the NBA but 9 assists in his rookie season isn't too bad.

SteBO
01-16-2011, 03:37 PM
No chance at Rondo. He can't create for himself offensively yet and the same jumpshot as Josh Smith. I would agree Rondo is in the top 4 Pgs with Dwill, CP3 and Rose. I voted D-Will for obvious reasons.
Guess you're right. Rondo has no offensive game, but he's great passer though. Can't blame your D-Will vote, though. I'd take him.

Iverson3018
01-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Deron Williams

acehole
He's not the best PG in the NBA but 9 assists in his rookie season isn't too bad.

in that case, why isnt Felton up there? he's averaging 19 and 9

goblazers7
Andre miller

goblazers7
01-16-2011, 03:39 PM

Haha Raymond is NOT the best PG and will NOT ever be. Sorry homes

heatbb
01-16-2011, 03:40 PM
CP3. If only he could play on a team that actually has other players than him...

Rose-For-Prez
01-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Easy question DR1 all the way

pujolsdabomb5
01-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Derrick Rose is the best PG in the NBA, and right now the MVP

New Y0rk3r
01-16-2011, 03:42 PM

Agreed on that, he's a really talented and young player but it's still too early to compare him with those guys. Maybe in 1 yr or 2.

lvlheaded
01-16-2011, 03:45 PM
D-Will all they way, man is AWESOME

Minimal
01-16-2011, 03:54 PM
OMFG Rose leading in Poll? :D
How about he proves that he is better than Paul, Deron and Rondo first?

The best PG in the NBA is obviously Chris Paul.

He has no flaws in his game.
He can score with high %
he can pass on elite level
he and Rondo are 2 best PG defenders in NBA
the guy has .490 FG% .462 3PT% .899 FT% and .622 TS%
he has less turnovers than any other good PG with high assist/turnover ratio
he has 3rd highest PER in league and 1st in Win Shares
and all this in 35 minutes
he is so efficient and you can't even say he is bad at something
he is elite!

and he leads his useless team to the playoffs.

MSU4life
01-16-2011, 03:54 PM

considering wall is a rookie and is putting up 16 9 and 3 steals WITHOUT amare says something

THE_FLASH_21
01-16-2011, 03:56 PM

:facepalm: Dude come on.. I personally Love Felton.. But no way in hell.. Dwill would have 20 assist per game passing to Amare in the paint.

Deron is a proven leader, finishes always in top 3 on assist. Can take over a game on his own...

Deron
Paul
Rose
Westbrook

DwayneMVPwade
01-16-2011, 03:56 PM
D-Rose

dtmagnet
01-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Paul or Williams, but the homerism on this site will cause Rose to win the poll.

THE_FLASH_21
01-16-2011, 03:58 PM

He can score with high %
he has 3rd highest PER in league
he is elite!

sucks he hasn't done **** in the palyoffs... Oh wait Deron has.. Deron kills paul everyday. Deron could guard a teams best player.. Paul can't too small

WizFan3
01-16-2011, 03:59 PM
drose but wall will deff be up there by next yr

Gators123
01-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Paul or Williams, but the homerism on this site will cause Rose to win the poll.

Yup.

dwadefan03
01-16-2011, 04:03 PM
sewriously rose is first? hes goood but i dnt think hes better than cp3 or dwill

AntiG
01-16-2011, 04:04 PM
1. Deron Williams
2. Rajon Rondo
3. Chris Paul

everyone else.

Chacarron
01-16-2011, 04:04 PM
CP3 = efficiency

dwadefan03
01-16-2011, 04:05 PM
sucks he hasn't done **** in the palyoffs... Oh wait Deron has.. Deron kills paul everyday. Deron could guard a teams best player.. Paul can't too small

dwill also has a better team than cp3. Also pauls a better defender than dwill and its not even a debate

Minimal
01-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Deron definitely is 2nd best in the league,
But Deron has 110 DRTG this season compared to 99 DRTG from Rondo and Paul, that is pretty awful for a PG.

dwadefan03
01-16-2011, 04:07 PM
How about he proves that he is better than Paul, Deron and Rondo first?

He can score with high %
he has 3rd highest PER in league and 1st in Win Shares
he is elite!

good post, agree 100%

I'm Seriously
01-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Paul.

D1JM
01-16-2011, 04:08 PM
depends what your team needs from their pg's. So many dimensional PG's in the nba, its hard to choose.

Ebbs
01-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Wow Bulls fans are out in a furry lol.

How is it not Deron?

YoungOne
01-16-2011, 04:16 PM
deron, he combines scoring assisting and defense like no other does.

AIverson
01-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Give me Rose. I'd rather have a PG that can carry a teams scoring load.

Furymaker
01-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Derrick Rose
Deron Williams
CP3
Russell Westbrook
Rajon Rondo

bradyoverrated
01-16-2011, 04:21 PM
rondo: distributes the ball better than any other. thats all i want my pg to do.

arosen36
01-16-2011, 04:22 PM
deron williams, and rose is a close second, rondo is up there, but not a good enough scorer to be considered the best, paul is too inconsistent

Swashcuff
I'm in no way surprised to see D.Rose leading this poll.

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Rajon Rondo
Steve Nash
Russell Westbrook

In that order

bradyoverrated
Give me Rose. I'd rather have a PG that can carry a teams scoring load.

why in god's name would you want a pg to carry the scoring load???!!!

didn't allen iverson teach you ANYTHING?

tangent12
01-16-2011, 04:24 PM

+1

This man speaks for all Heat fans too..

And of course I agree. :D But he isn't just the best PG in the game, he is the best guard in the game hands down. Only 22 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the guy is going head to head with the best in the league and carrying a team like he's a veteran.

Rose is a legend and a god to all of us who've seen him play.

bovice163
01-16-2011, 04:25 PM
I want to say DWill, but Rose is so close to him that it's debatable to put either at #1. I love CP3, but efficiency is not something that many players rely on to win games. Deron and Derrick can both take over a game offensively, and are great passers in their own right. CP3 may have shown he is the better pure point guard, but pure point guards sadly do not win titles. (Stockton, Kidd, Nash)

rhino17
01-16-2011, 04:29 PM
1) Deron Williams

2) Chris Paul
3) Rajon Rondo

4) Westbrook/Rose

Tmo440
01-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Its Derrick Rose, and nobody is even close. I think Williams is the second and CP3 is third.

Mishmin
01-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Guess you're right. Rondo has no offensive game, but he's great passer though. Can't blame your D-Will vote, though. I'd take him.

My answer is DWill at this point, but saying Rondo has NO offensive game... come on dog. You just lose credibility saying something like that.

ball4reel
01-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Deron

Minimal
01-16-2011, 04:35 PM
My god homerism at it's finest...

bradyoverrated
01-16-2011, 04:35 PM
I want to say DWill, but Rose is so close to him that it's debatable to put either at #1. I love CP3, but efficiency is not something that many players rely on to win games. Deron and Derrick can both take over a game offensively, and are great passers in their own right. CP3 may have shown he is the better pure point guard, but pure point guards sadly do not win titles. (Stockton, Kidd, Nash)

your argument sounds as if "pure point gaurds" prevent teams from winning titles.

i assume that wasn't exactly what you were getting at. otherwise, allen iverson would have won the nba championship every year.

just because the team with a "pure point gaurd" loses to a better team in the playoffs, doesn't mean that "pure point gaurds don't win titles". i don't know you, but am quite confident you are capable of better logic.

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 04:36 PM

Leading a team of role players to an NBA finals..... :shrug:

Allen Iverson was not a PG surely couldn't play PG the way PG Derick Rose could.

There's nothing wrong with a PG carrying the scoring load, see Magic Johnson, Chauncey Billups, Isiah Thomas and Tony Parker.

The man has his reasoning and he's right. There are nights where your teammates may not be at their best there are times where your team's best scorers may be injured, the PG ought to be able to lead and take up that scoring slack.

He's right.

AIverson
01-16-2011, 04:37 PM

Allen Iverson took games over and came up huge in playoff games, but it doesn't matter because he wasn't a PG anyway. His game didn't even resemble a PG's in the slightest. People just labled him that because of his height.

Obviously, I'm talking PG's here, not SG's. Give me a PG like Rose or a prime Billups who can come up big and carry a team. Those are the type that are going to win you games in the playoffs.

bovice163
01-16-2011, 04:37 PM
My god homerism at it's finest...

I wonder how long that homerism excuse will last, until people finally get their heads out of their ***** and realize the truth. Rose may not be the best PG in the league by a wide margin right now, but all that will change in the next coming seasons. So please, continue to blame the homers for understanding what real talent is.

todu82
01-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Chris Paul

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Allen Iverson took games over and came up huge in playoff games, but it doesn't matter because he wasn't a PG anyway. His game didn't even resemble a PG's in the slightest. People just labled him that because of his height.

Obviously, I'm talking PG's here, not SG's. Give me a PG like Rose or a prime Billups who can come up big and carry a team. Those are the type that are going to win you games in the playoffs.

Precisely!

There are going to be occasions where you'd need your starting PG to carry the scoring. Hell Rondo was able to do this last season against the Cavs in the playoffs.

Minimal
01-16-2011, 04:42 PM
I wonder how long that homerism excuse will last, until people finally get their heads out of their ***** and realize the truth. Rose may not be the best PG in the league by a wide margin right now, but all that will change in the next coming seasons. So please, continue to blame the homers for understanding what real talent is.
He is not even in top3 of PG's right now, he might be better in coming years, but right now he is nothinng near to being the best pg in the league.
He is not better than Paul, Deron or Rondo.
I guess only Bulls fans understand what real talent is...

bovice163
01-16-2011, 04:42 PM
your argument sounds as if "pure point gaurds" prevent teams from winning titles.

i assume that wasn't exactly what you were getting at. otherwise, allen iverson would have won the nba championship every year.

just because the team with a "pure point gaurd" loses to a better team in the playoffs, doesn't mean that "pure point gaurds don't win titles". i don't know you, but am quite confident you are capable of better logic.

I might have not specified exactly what I was saying, so that's my bad. I guess what I was getting at is that the pass first and efficient PGs do not end up winning the title, it is often the players who come up in crunch time and take the scoring load. AI was only a PG by size, not by playing style. The Stockton and Malone duo never won anything, neither did Nash and Dirk/Amare, and neither did Kidd with the several teams he has played for.

black1605
01-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Williams right now.

bovice163
01-16-2011, 04:47 PM
He is not even in top3 of PG's right now, he might be better in coming years, but right now he is nothinng near to being the best pg in the league.

Statistically you're right, Rose is not a better PG. In reality, who is the player constantly coming up big and winning games for his team? Which one of those PGs is not afraid to take big shots at crunch time, and make them? Statistics do not lead to wins in the NBA.

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 04:48 PM

While I don't think he's the best PG in the NBA this couldn't be further from the truth. He's close to being the top PG in the NBA. He has matured so much over the course of this season on both ends of the ball and all aspects of his game. Especially his leadership.

Eagles4Lyfe
01-16-2011, 04:49 PM
this PG thread never ceases to amaze me how did i know rose would be leading the poll..
People just don't understand what a freaken PG is and supposed to do..
Rose is a sick player top 10 for sure but when it comes to being a PG Chris Paul is the best then deron williams nash kidd rondo then rose...
How many times do we have to have this conversation :facepalm:

Minimal
I might have not specified exactly what I was saying, so that's my bad. I guess what I was getting at is that the pass first and efficient PGs do not end up winning the title, it is often the players who come up in crunch time and take the scoring load. AI was only a PG by size, not by playing style. The Stockton and Malone duo never won anything, neither did Nash and Dirk/Amare, and neither did Kidd with the several teams he has played for.
Kidd and Stockton were in the finals.
What about Rondo, what about Isiah Thomas, what about Magic Johnson?

bradyoverrated

i'd like to be more detailed in my opinion, just to clarify.

i loved watching iverson, but i think having a scorer @ the point can limit the team.

in my opinion, pg should get assists, centers should block and rebound, and the majority of points should come from the sg + sf + pf positions. that's not to say every team must operate in this fashion or perish, but i think ideally the scoring should be from the 2,3,4.

mikantsass
01-16-2011, 04:53 PM
The top 5 are all very close....

Williams
Paul
Rondo
Rose/Westbrook
Rose/Westbrook

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 04:54 PM

Isiah and Magic both can and often did lead their team in scoring. They were both able of picking up the slack when the other scorers weren't on the best game.

bovice163
01-16-2011, 04:55 PM
i'd like to be more detailed in my opinion, just to clarify.

i loved watching iverson, but i think having a scorer @ the point can limit the team.

in my opinion, pg should get assists, centers should block and rebound, and the majority of points should come from the sg + sf + pf positions. that's not to say every team must operate in this fashion or perish, but i think ideally the scoring shouldn't be from the 2,3,4.

A PG should normally be leading the team in assists sure, but just because a PG is low in assists does not mean that they are not running the team. Ball movement and good passing takes away from a PG's assist numbers, but that doesn't mean that he isn't doing a good job running the offense. To me, PG's are supposed to dictate the pace of the game. They run the offense in a way that their players are getting good looks in the spot they want, while playing an efficient game. Players like John Wall get plenty of assists, but they do not lead their teams to a win. Again, just because a PG does not average 10+ assists, does not mean they are bad at their position.

Knickrocketsfan
01-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Derrick Rose is the best PG in the NBA, and right now the MVP

LMAO.. no paul or williams are the best in the league simply because they are PG. They are both pass first pg who can take over the game cp3 more so than williams

stripersniper77
01-16-2011, 04:56 PM
I would rather have Dwill, Rondo, Chris paul, or Westbrook over rose. Nobody who spends the beginning of their career as scorers but not elite passers dont develop into elite passers. Its easier to become a better scorer when you team needs it, such as rondo did during the playoffs the past two years, than to start deferring to others and start passing more. Court vision cant be learned like a shot can. On topic I would take chris paul, on his career he averages 9.9 assists and 19ppg thats crazy good.

Minimal
01-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Statistically you're right, Rose is not a better PG. In reality, who is the player constantly coming up big and winning games for his team? Which one of those PGs is not afraid to take big shots at crunch time, and make them? Statistics do not lead to wins in the NBA.
Rajon Rondo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5VUiIO-ue4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWNP3M6XQ74
(he was the reason LeBron didn't won the championship last year and believe me this guy can average 20+ PPG with good efficiency)
Deron Williams:
Last years playoffs 24 PPG 10 APG
He clearly lead his team, however Lakers were just better
Chris Paul:
How about 24.1 PPG and 11.3 APG in 2008 playoffs?
He was clear MVP that year and lead his team, but his team was just crap.

They all can lead their team when needed.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-16-2011, 04:59 PM
if you didnt vote for CP3 or DWill...

you are a shmuck

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Sure D-Will, CP3 and Rondo might be better POINT GUARDS right now. But there is no question that D-Rose is a better overall player than all 3 of them.

Cubsfan365
01-16-2011, 05:03 PM
It's humorous how people act like Rose is a terrible passer and doesn't distribute the ball at all. He is top 10 in the NBA in assists to go along with 25 ****ing PPG. We should have a "Who is the best Guard" thread, but it's funny how PSD is pretty much the only place where Rose isn't given nearly enough credit.

bovice163
01-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Rajon Rondo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5VUiIO-ue4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWNP3M6XQ74
(he was the reason LeBron didn't won the championship last year)
Deron Williams:
Last years playoffs 24 PPG 10 APG
He clearly lead his team, however Lakers were just better
Chris Paul:
How about 24.1 PPG and 11.3 APG in 2008 playoffs?
He was clear MVP that year and lead his team, but his team was just crap.

Again, I just told you statistically all of those guys are better, you're not showing me anything new. Raw statistics show very little anyway. My point was that, a PG is not something measured using statistics. A PG is a player who dictates the pace of the game, and gets his players open and good looks. Hell, LBJ may not be a PG by position, but he sure as hell is playing like one. The way Derrick plays PG is what people don't understand. He is able set up teammates by just passing them the ball, or he has the defense collapse on him by driving to the bucket, kicks it out, and it usually finds a teammate while not always giving him the assist. Some of you think PG is just a one dimensional position where the player must defer and pass first to be considered a 'top' PG, when that is far from the truth.

Mishmin
01-16-2011, 05:06 PM
rajon rondo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5vuiio-ue4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwnp3m6xq74
(he was the reason lebron didn't won the championship last year and believe me this guy can average 20+ ppg with good efficiency)
deron williams:
Last years playoffs 24 ppg 10 apg
he clearly lead his team, however lakers were just better
chris paul:
How about 24.1 ppg and 11.3 apg in 2008 playoffs?
He was clear mvp that year and lead his team, but his team was just crap.

They all can lead their team when needed.

+1

Cubsfan365
01-16-2011, 05:08 PM

yoseppii12
01-16-2011, 05:16 PM
PGs-
1. DWill
2. CP3
3. Rose
4. Rondo
5. Westbrook

Rose/Rondo because he can shoot free throws better. PGs should be real good at free throws at least close to 80 percent.

Players
1. Rose
2. DWill
3. CP3
4. Westbrook (this year)
5. Rondo

Anyone that thinks Rose isn't the best player out of all those guys this year so far is crazy. Whether people like it our not rose is the most resilient out of all of them. He comes in the clutch way too much not to be considered. ALso his team is 27-13.

Yanks All Day
01-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Kyrie Irving

Kashmir13579
01-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Derrick Rose has no legitimate argument against CP3, Dwill, or Rondo. Obviously the masses of Bulls fans on here will vote for their hometown hero.

bovice163
01-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Derrick Rose has no legitimate argument against CP3, Dwill, or Rondo. Obviously the masses of Bulls fans on here will vote for their hometown hero.

I'm just going to stop wasting my time trying to prove a point. All I will say is that some of you are going to see first hand as early as playoff time, why comments like this are so, so wrong.

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 05:22 PM
PGs-
1. DWill
2. CP3
3. Rose
4. Rondo
5. Westbrook

Rose/Rondo because he can shoot free throws better. PGs should be real good at free throws at least close to 80 percent.

Players
1. Rose
2. DWill
3. CP3
4. Westbrook (this year)
5. Rondo

Anyone that thinks Rose isn't the best player out of all those guys this year so far is crazy. Whether people like it our not rose is the most resilient out of all of them. He comes in the clutch way too much not to be considered. ALso his team is 27-13.

C'mon even though I mostly defended Rose in this thread there is no debating that as a PG Rondo, Nash and Kidd are all better than Rose and Westbrook. You are not being logical.

rhino17
01-16-2011, 05:23 PM
If anything, superstar point guards, whether pass first or shoot first, tend to not win championships, at least in recent years

These are the starting PGs on championship teams over the past 2 decades or so:

2010: Derek Fisher (Lakers)
2009: Derek Fisher (Lakers)
2008: Rajon Rondo (Celtics)
2007: Tony Parker (Spurs)
2006: Jason Williams (Heat
2005: Tony Parker (Spurs)
2004: Chauncey Billups (Pistons)
2003: Tony Parker (Spurs)
2002: Derek Fisher (Lakers)
2001: Derek Fisher (Lakers)
2000: Ron Harper (Lakers)
1999: Avery Johnson (Spurs)
1998: Ron Harper (Bulls)
1997: Ron Harper (Bulls)
1996: Ron Harper (Bulls)
1995: Kenny Smith (Rockets)
1994: Kenny Smith (Rockets)
1993: BJ Armstrong (Bulls)
1992: John Paxson (Bulls)
1991: John Paxson (Bulls)

Minimal
PGs-
1. DWill
2. CP3
3. Rose
4. Rondo
5. Westbrook

Players
1. Rose
2. DWill
3. CP3
4. Westbrook (this year)
5. Rondo

PG should be good at setting their players for the best positions to hit the shot and pass. But I guess 14 APG says nothing to you.
What about defense?
27-13? What about 30-9?

Hustlenomics
i can't believe chris paul isn't winning this poll

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 05:25 PM

Wow :speechless:

I don't know how I've found myself now defending Rose in this thread but wow. He does have a case. His leadership, improved D and his step forward as a facilitator all give him a case in the argument for the top PG. He isn't there but with his improvements this season he has proven that he could possibly reach there one day.

bovice163
01-16-2011, 05:26 PM
PG should be good at setting their players for the best positions to hit the shot and pass. But I guess 14 APG says nothing to you.
What about defense?
27-13? What about 30-9?

Casual fans using raw statistics as gospel. That's enough from me though, it's pointless to argue with the ignorant.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-16-2011, 05:27 PM
DRose is a phenominal basketball player. everyone here can agree on that.

Rose is Nate Robinson X1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

a SG who handles the ball alot

greek miami hea
01-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Cp3 of course

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 05:30 PM
What about defense?
27-13? What about 30-9?

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with this discussion. Rondo has missed 11 games this season due to injury in which the Celts are 8-3 so please let's no bring team record into this discussion. It holds no grounds whatsoever when debating Rondo vs Rose, the Celts are clearly a better team all round.

DaBear
01-16-2011, 05:31 PM
If Rose had as many scoring options as most of these PG's do, than there is no question he is the best PG in the NBA. People who talk out of their *** think he is just a scorer, but if you actually watch Bulls games he loses out on a lot of assists because Deng is inconsistent and Bogans can't score if his life depended on it. He still manages to average around 8 assists a game.

Cubsfan365
Funny how many people say this, yet there's a lot of non-Bulls fans picking Rose in this thread. Denial is a *****

DaBear
DRose is a phenominal basketball player. everyone here can agree on that.

Rose is Nate Robinson X1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

a SG who handles the ball alot

:facepalm:

DaBear
01-16-2011, 05:32 PM
C's fans cease to amaze me with their homerism. I sware to God if you believed them word for word they would make you believe Rondo is the second coming of John Stockton.

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 05:33 PM
If Rose had as many scoring options as most of these PG's do, than there is no question he is the best PG in the NBA. People who talk out of their *** think he is just a scorer, but if you actually watch Bulls games he loses out on a lot of assists because Deng is inconsistent and Bogans can't score if his life depended on it. He still manages to average around 8 assists a game.

He has more than Chris Paul and Deron Williams ever had. That again is NO excuse, unless you are aiming that solely at Rajon Rondo's success.

Kashmir13579
01-16-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm just going to stop wasting my time trying to prove a point. All I will say is that some of you are going to see first hand as early as playoff time, why comments like this are so, so wrong.

Maybe your right. good luck with the Knicks in the first round. Rose had a few top ten plays but hasn't played well against them thus far.
Rose isn't a conventional PG to say the least so even if his stats were close to Paul or Will, (they're not) it would still be hard for me to put him in that conversation.

Fukudome
01-16-2011, 05:34 PM
I don't think people understand how often Rose gains penetration and dishes it to the perimeter to have some combination of Deng, Korver, Bogans, Boozer, etc miss a shot or an easy layup. It happens every single game. Rose takes it to the bucket, dishes it out and open shots are missed.

Rose is already top 10 in assists, if people made their easy shots, I think he would be more near top 5.

All that being said, DWill is still the best PG.

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Why do so many people (Bulls fans) overrate Rose? and why do so many posters hate on his abilities?

I think its a direct result of how some Bulls fans shove their who D.Rose is a basketball God down everyone else's throats. Rose is phenomenal and has the potential to be the best PG in the NBA and can put on a strong case on any given night, a legitimate case can be made for him being the best but there's no way he's clearly better than Paul, Williams and Rondo. The top 4 are very close and Rose certainly has a spot in there. IMO they all have a case but its

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Rajon Rondo

IN THAT ORDER.

Hawkeye15
01-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Its easily Chris Paul. I still laugh at how underrated he is on this site.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=willide01&y1=2011&p2=westbru01&y2=2011&p3=paulch01&y3=2011&p4=rosede01&y4=2011

He blows the others away

Eg714
01-16-2011, 05:38 PM
D rose is the best scorer
rondo is the best defender
Nash is best passer
D Williams is best leader
Paul is the best overall and can do each really well with Williams a close second.

Kashmir13579
01-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Chicago fans hating on Rondo is getting old and tired. its obvious why they do it. Rondo has given Rose and The Bulls a tough time in the reg. and more importantly the post-season. he's a triple double machine against them.

Hawkeye15
01-16-2011, 05:40 PM
I think its clear that the top 4 this season have been (in no order):
Paul
Rose
Deron
Westbrook

Rondo is just so inefficient offensively, the only thing that saves him are his assist percentages and defense. But I think with him missing a decent amount of games, and the players above just being well rounded, those are your 4 this season so far.

D1JM
01-16-2011, 05:41 PM
they are different players that play the same position and each one of them are required to do different things for their team. thats it. i dont why we always have to compare them.

Minimal
01-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Casual fans using raw statistics as gospel. That's enough from me though, it's pointless to argue with the ignorant.
Didn't you start with FT%? No?
Seriously man. Stop arguing.
Rose is great lately, but he isn't better than Paul, Deron or Rondo yet.
I will might consider him as the best as soon as he learns how to defend with efficiency and how to include his teammates in the game more.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=rosede01&y1=2011&p2=paulch01&y2=2011&p3=willide01&y3=2011&p4=rondora01&y4=2011

Point Guard-ORTG-DRTG=Difference
Chris Paul-124-99=25
Rajon Rondo-109-100=9
Derrick Rose-110-103=7
Deron Williams-119-110=9

Chris Paul just owns all point guards and if u think Rose is better than him than you are crazy.

Hawkeye15
01-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Point Guard-ORTG-DRTG=Difference
Chris Paul-124-99=25
Rajon Rondo-109-100=9
Derrick Rose-110-103=7
Deron Williams-119-110=9

Chris Paul just owns all point guards.

DRtg is a team oriented stat dude, its not valuable to use it in an argument. Paul, Rondo, and Rose are on elite defensive teams, therefore by default their DRtg's look nice.

So far, its
Paul
2a- Deron
2b- Rose
Westbrook
Rondo

imho

Sir Buckets
01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Rose is the best overall player at the PG position, but he isn't the best PG at the PG position, if that makes sense.

Mishmin
01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
I think its clear that the top 4 this season have been (in no order):
Paul
Rose
Deron
Westbrook

Rondo is just so inefficient offensively, the only thing that saves him are his assist percentages and defense. But I think with him missing a decent amount of games, and the players above just being well rounded, those are your 4 this season so far.

Inefficient offensively... you must be joking. He actively turns down shots for assists to get others involved, which might be what you're trying to get at, but when he decides others aren't hot, he can take just about anyone off the dribble to the basket and he's shooting over 50 percent. Get your thoughts together.

Hawkeye15
01-16-2011, 05:47 PM
they are different players that play the same position and each one of them are required to do different things for their team. thats it. i dont why we always have to compare them.

cause its so much fun to fight about the same thing 1589 times.

Hawkeye15
01-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Inefficient offensively... you must be joking. He actively turns down shots for assists to get others involved, which might be what you're trying to get at, but when he decides others aren't hot, he can take just about anyone off the dribble to the basket and he's shooting over 50 percent. Get your thoughts together.

not joking in the slightest. His court vision and penetration ability are about all he does. He is a terrible scorer, and turns the ball over more than 1/4 of the possessions he is involved in. That isn't efficient my friend.

While I don't buy the argument that Rondo is only good because of his surroundings, he does indeed have a protection blanket from his offensive ineptitude when it comes to scoring and not hurting his teams with his careless turnovers.

Cubsfan365
01-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Chicago fans hating on Rondo is getting old and tired. its obvious why they do it. Rondo has given Rose and The Bulls a tough time in the reg. and more importantly the post-season. he's a triple double machine against them.
LOL. Chicago fans hating on Rondo is getting old??? Try having pretty much all of PSD **** all over Rose and give him absolutely no credit even though he has been a top MVP candidate this year. Rose scored 36 on Rondo last week, I guess you didn't watch lmao

Eagles4Lyfe
01-16-2011, 05:51 PM
i just find it funny how bulls fans are the only ones sayign rose is the best PG while you have neutral fans saying d-will or CP3..

Cubsfan365
01-16-2011, 05:55 PM
i just find it funny how bulls fans are the only ones sayign rose is the best PG while you have neutral fans saying d-will or CP3..
Really?? You obviously didn't read through the thread. There were fans of several teams who picked Derrick Rose over the others. Good try though :rolleyes: That's why you read the thread before you make false comments.

Minimal
01-16-2011, 05:57 PM
not joking in the slightest. His court vision and penetration ability are about all he does. He is a terrible scorer, and turns the ball over more than 1/4 of the possessions he is involved in. That isn't efficient my friend.

While I don't buy the argument that Rondo is only good because of his surroundings, he does indeed have a protection blanket from his offensive ineptitude when it comes to scoring and not hurting his teams with his careless turnovers.
You are talking about turnovers?
Point guard make turnovers because they are point guards!

Assist/Turnover ratio
Chris Paul - 4.02 (2nd in the league)
Rondo - 3.32 (5th in the league)
Rose - 2.24 (39th in the league)

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/turnovers/sort/assistTurnoverRatio

Rajon Rondo terrible scorer? Are you nuts?
He shoots .521 from the field the same % as Steve Nash and this is the highest % from point guards. That isn't efficient?

effen5
01-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Chris Paul has played like absolute garbage lately.

sargon21
01-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Efficiency is not everything, and it can't be the be all-end all.

My List:

Dwill/Rose
CP3
Westbrook
Nash
Rondo

stawka
01-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Rose, followed by Noah, Boozer and Bogans... Maybe even Deng

But seriously..
1 - CP3
2 - D-Will

3 - Rondo
4 - Rose
5 - Westy

sargon21
01-16-2011, 06:03 PM
If you have Rondo over Rose, you're kidding yourself.

stawka
01-16-2011, 06:04 PM
If I want a PG to get my team involved I'll take Rondo. If I want a SG in a PG body I'll take Rose

sargon21
01-16-2011, 06:06 PM
If 25/8 is a SG in a PG's body, I'd take that every day.

Rndy
Really D Rose has more votes then Deron? Williams TS%, eFG%, AST% are all better then Rose. I love me some Rose but really?

Swashcuff

Assist/Turnover ratio

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/turnovers/sort/assistTurnoverRatio

He shoots .521 from the field the same % as Steve Nash and this is the highest % from point guards. That isn't efficient?

Usage has a great deal to do with that

http://www.hoopdata.com/advancedstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pg&posi=PG&yr=2011&gp=10&mins=30

If you look at the Hornets this season Chris Paul isn't handling the ball as much as he did in the past.

He was always amazing in that department however.

But Hawkeye is right, not because you shoot 50+ % from the feild that mean's you are an efficient scorer especially when you take 9 shots a game. It rarer to see a PG shoot 40% from the line that to see a PG shoot 50% from the field you know.

knicks09
01-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Chris Paul hands down

jim51990
01-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Rose, followed by Noah, Boozer and Bogans... Maybe even Deng

But seriously..
1 - CP3
2 - D-Will

3 - Rondo
4 - Rose
5 - Westy

i would flip d-will and cp3 but then thats exactly right
the fact that bulls fan like rose so much that he gets mentioned when he shouldnt like this poll is a slap in the of BASKETBALL not a team fans

JJ81
01-16-2011, 07:12 PM

So you think Felton is the best PG in the NBA? If not, stop complaining. It's not a prestigious list, it's just a few PGs. Settle down.

JJ81
01-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Haha Raymond is NOT the best PG and will NOT ever be. Sorry homes

Same goes for Andre Miller

faze38
01-16-2011, 08:24 PM
toss up between D.Will and CP3... everyone else is trying to catch up!! D.Rose included he is the Best in the East but only 3rd best overall.

1. D.Will
CP3
3. D.Rose
4. Rondo
5. Westbrook
6. Felton
Billups

Minimal
01-16-2011, 08:30 PM
toss up between D.Will and CP3... everyone else is trying to catch up!! D.Rose included he is the Best in the East but only 3rd best overall.

1. D.Will
CP3
3. D.Rose
4. Rondo
5. Westbrook
6. Felton
Billups
I'm amazed how Steve Nash is underrated this days.

faze38
01-16-2011, 08:36 PM

He would be much higher then 8 which is were I have him on my list but the man plays no D man. At all! His Offense and playmaking are great and is right behind D.Will and CP3 at this point in his career but the D is straight awful and if u are talking about Felton making my list I will be honest that is a 100% homer pick but I think he deserves it this year!:D Go Knicks Baby!!!

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 08:38 PM

I am confused do you have me on your ignore list or are you purposely ignore my replies to your posts?

Phenomenonsense
01-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Lmao, Derrick rose is the BEST pg in the league? We'd need a "non homer" account of who the best PG is. It doesn't help any poll that there are tons of bulls fans here. Unfortunately boys and girls, Deron Williams is the BEST PG in the league. He's too strong for other PGs. No one can guard him on this list.

sargon21
01-16-2011, 08:44 PM
No one can guard Rose, few can guard Williams...

Phenomenonsense
01-16-2011, 08:45 PM
No one can guard Rose, few can guard Williams...

Haha, I'll take Dwill over Rose in 5 on 5 basketball any day. Seriously, stop being a homer bro. It doesn't help your team's reputation here on PSD.

bovice163
01-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Lmao, Derrick rose is the BEST pg in the league? We'd need a "non homer" account of who the best PG is. It doesn't help any poll that there are tons of bulls fans here. Unfortunately boys and girls, Deron Williams is the BEST PG in the league. He's too strong for other PGs. No one can guard him on this list.

Now strength determines the best PG. :facepalm:

Some of your responses really dumbfound me. You could make a case for either Rose, DWill, or CP3, and strength is not a factor AT ALL.

Phenomenonsense
01-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Now strength determines the best PG. :facepalm:

Some of your responses really dumbfound me. You could make a case for either Rose, DWill, or CP3, and strength is not a factor AT ALL.

It isn't only his strength. To say so, or to take that from what I said as the definitive factor, is idiotic. Perhaps you should look at ANY stats that matter for a PG between Rose and Dwill. It's already been stated here. Dwill's strength is just a great asset that cannot be ignored.

bovice163
01-16-2011, 08:52 PM
It isn't only his strength. To say so, or to take that from what I said as the definitive factor, is idiotic. Perhaps you should look at ANY stats that matter for a PG between Rose and Dwill. It's already been stated here. Dwill's strength is just a great asset that cannot be ignored.

Your argument was that 'Dwill is too strong and can't be guarded' for best PG in the league. Then when someone offers their opinion you call them homers and say you're right. DWill is a great PG, as are CP3 and Rose. All know how to run their team, control the pace of the game, set up teammates, etc. CP3 is the most efficient, Deron has the best asset with his size, and Rose is the better scorer and crunch time player. You could make a case for each and every one. I could say Derrick's offensive arsenal and athleticism is greater than CP3's and DWill's, therefore he is the better PG. But that wouldn't make much sense, would it?

You can look at statistics all night and day, but in the end all that matters is wins and championships. Stockton is regarded as the best all-time statistically, but most know that Magic was the winner and better player overall. Neither of the 3 have won a single 'ship, and therefore in my eyes you can argue a case for all 3.

ManningToTyree
01-16-2011, 08:53 PM
cp3

Minimal
01-16-2011, 08:55 PM
I am confused do you have me on your ignore list or are you purposely ignore my replies to your posts?
No I don't have you on my ignore list. I respect your opinions, but I just don't want to argue much.

Minimal
01-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Ok lets say no PG can guard Deron (not true), but Deron can't guard any other PG too.
Deron is the worst defender of this 4 (Paul, Rondo, Williams, Rose).

That being said, Deron is 2nd best PG in the league after Paul.

fadedmario
01-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Tracy McGrady

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Ok so finally Chris Paul is gaining speed and claiming his rightful spot. #1

KingPosey
01-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Paul and DW are neck and neck. Paul is so efficient, has no teammates, and puts up almost 17 a game and takes 12 shots a game.

Phenomenonsense
01-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Paul and DW are neck and neck. Paul is so efficient, has no teammates, and puts up almost 17 a game and takes 12 shots a game.

A touch better than Roses' 24.5 points on 20 shots per game.

goose15
01-16-2011, 09:18 PM
for me its D Will

rhymeratic
01-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Raymond Felton.... come on guys, he's definitely top 5...

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 09:30 PM

:confused:

nolin
01-16-2011, 09:33 PM
top 6 pgs now

1.D.rose
2.D.will
3.C.Paul
4.R.Westbrook
5A.S.Nash
5B.R.Rondo

Kashmir13579
01-16-2011, 09:35 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

chicago lulz
01-16-2011, 09:42 PM
puttin my d rose homer vote in, just to keep the masses pissed off at an online poll.

nolin
01-16-2011, 09:46 PM

and im amazed how drose is so underrated.

shizzle09
01-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Rose better than D Will, Chris Paul and Rondo? wow must be a ton of bulls fans voting in this poll. Rose is a baller no doubt but best PG? Hell even Westbrook would have something to say about that.

IndiansFan337
01-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Chris Paul. That is how I would rank them based on THIS season. Those are not career rankings, and therefore are not influenced by previous seasons or future seasons.

shizzle09
01-16-2011, 10:16 PM
If we're basing it on this season i'd have Westbrook and Rose neck and neck.

Hawkeye15
01-16-2011, 10:21 PM

Assist/Turnover ratio

assist to turnover is yet another stat that needs to be viewed in context. With Rondo passing up breakaway layups to give it to a trailer, he gets more assists (many times these would be at the expense of his team if he didn't have that roster), and passes up open shots left and right that capable NBA PG's score on, to get his assists. Might I add he has a top 3 roster on the wings as far as finishing, and has for years.

I don't care much for asst/turnover. I do however, care for the percentages.

Hawkeye15
01-16-2011, 10:26 PM
this season, your top 5 are:

Paul

Deron/Rose

Westbrook

Rondo

Baller1
01-16-2011, 10:33 PM
D-Will.

Amare1
01-16-2011, 10:46 PM
1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Derrick Rose

swirl54
01-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Rose better than D Will, Chris Paul and Rondo? wow must be a ton of bulls fans voting in this poll. Rose is a baller no doubt but best PG? Hell even Westbrook would have something to say about that.

RONDO>ROSE IS A JOKE thats like saying Ben Wallace>SHAQ in their primes come on man.

shizzle09
01-16-2011, 10:54 PM
RONDO>ROSE IS A JOKE thats like saying Ben Wallace>SHAQ in their primes come on man.

better all around PG? yeah its not far fetched at all to say he's better than Rose. You do realize he avg's over 13 assists per game this year right. Do i think Rose is a more talented player yes but Rondo plays the position of PG to near perfection.

Korman12
01-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Paul and Deron are the most efficient and well-rounded. Neither have holes in their game.

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 10:59 PM
RONDO>ROSE IS A JOKE thats like saying Ben Wallace>Chris Webber in their primes come on man.

Fixed

There you go overrating D.Rose again

CHANGO
01-16-2011, 11:24 PM
For me the best Point Guard, is Chris Paul. Then very closely followed Deron Williams. Then Derrick Rose. Then Rajon Rondo. Then Nash. Then Westbrook and the others.

Rajon Rondo is the perfect prototype of what for me is a PG. Someone who knows how to distribute the ball and making it perfectly, but has many flaws offensive, that if one day his teammates are not doing the job, he couldn't create his own offense.

Chris Paul and Deron have the perfect balance, good ball skills, good court vision, good long and middle distance shot, and do what their team needs.

John Wall, will be a great PG.

Cano4prez
01-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Deron

Kyben36
01-16-2011, 11:36 PM
depends on what you need, Rose is the best scorer out of them all, but the best creator is probalby Cp3 ( or rondo, but keeping him out for lack of scoring ), Deron would probably fall right in the middle.

Chi StateOfMind
01-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Ima bulls fan and D-Rose is playing the best now but D-Will is the best overall

bbcmillionaire
01-16-2011, 11:47 PM
I got d will followed by rose and Paul. But I seriously question the logic for saying that Paul or d will are wayyyy better then rose when everything significant they did was in the regular season. I know I know by this reasoning rondo should be the best right? He has a ring, but rondo loses major accreditation points for having 3 future hall of famers carrying the load on most playoff nights(shoutout to Westbrook who's not to far away)

SouthSideRookie
01-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Deron and CP3, can't really say who's better.

F*(&"Next Year"
01-17-2011, 12:44 AM
I got d will followed by rose and Paul. But I seriously question the logic for saying that Paul or d will are wayyyy better then rose when everything significant they did was in the regular season. I know I know by this reasoning rondo should be the best right? He has a ring, but rondo loses major accreditation points for having 3 future hall of famers carrying the load on most playoff nights(shoutout to Westbrook who's not to far away)

I dont see how 3 future HOF's carry the load...Rondo averaged very near a triple double in recent postseason.

Regardless, I voted CP3 but I dont think you can go wrong with Rondo Rose or Williams. Everyone else is a step below.

saintdrew
01-17-2011, 01:02 AM
Ok, I'm not baiting but,

Is the reason Derrick Rose has the most votes because all the Chi-Town fans are on here voting for him?

How we can vote against CP3? < Yeah I'm being a homer - so what.

makaveli530
01-17-2011, 01:09 AM
will even though i am a spurs fan.i have to say derek rose.
2.Rondo
3.Tony Parker.every does not talk about him because he is on the spurs.he has more rings than all of the point guards.

sargon21
01-17-2011, 01:11 AM
I think CP3 should put up bigger numbers, like per game numbers; it might lower his efficiency a bit, but it could be better for the team.

makaveli530
01-17-2011, 01:16 AM
will even though i am a spurs fan i have to say
1.Derek Rose
2.Tony Parker. No one talks about him because he is on the spurs.he has more rings than any other pg. in the league.also having a great year
3.CP3
4.Deron Williams

footballer2369
01-17-2011, 01:20 AM
Ok, I'm not baiting but,

Is the reason Derrick Rose has the most votes because all the Chi-Town fans are on here voting for him?

How we can vote against CP3? < Yeah I'm being a homer - so what.

You're not being a homer...

CP3 is easily number one....

After that IMO it comes down to Rose/DWill/Rondo/Westbrook...

Rose is #2 offensively I think but DWill's defense gives him the edge for now. I'm doing Nash a huge disservice but I value defense highly.

1) CP3
2) D Will
3) D Flower
4) Rondo
5) Westbrook

Tony_Starks
01-17-2011, 01:25 AM
I can't believe people are really sleeping on D Williams? He's the best shooter of the bunch, most clutch when it counts, and most consistent. Derrick Rose is very close. CP3 has too many stretches where he has games where he's like 11pt 4 assist for me to currently put him up there......

PrettyBoyJ
01-17-2011, 01:29 AM
I Voted D-Will but right now D. Rose is Making a case not only being the best pg but the leagues MVP!..

footballer2369
01-17-2011, 01:30 AM
I can't believe people are really sleeping on D Williams? He's the best shooter of the bunch, most clutch when it counts, and most consistent. Derrick Rose is very close. CP3 has too many stretches where he has games where he's like 11pt 4 assist for me to currently put him up there......

CP3 is far and away the best statistically.

Hustlenomics
01-17-2011, 01:37 AM
I Voted D-Will but right now D. Rose is Making a case not only being the best pg but the leagues MVP!..

by being 3rd seed in the east? LOL

Tony_Starks
01-17-2011, 01:50 AM
CP3 is far and away the best statistically.

Statwise yes but when you watch them play there is a big difference. I've seen D Williams literally take over games and put the team on his back. He knows exactly when to turn the scoring up and when to distribute. CP3 is still a bit too timid at times for my taste......

Antipod
01-17-2011, 02:15 AM
Rondo 4th and so much behind? :confused:
I agree, he doesn`t an such elusive offensive game like the other 3, but c`mon...14 ast/game? doesn`t it worth something?

Hustlenomics
01-17-2011, 02:34 AM
Rondo 4th and so much behind? :confused:
I agree, he doesn`t an such elusive offensive game like the other 3, but c`mon...14 ast/game? doesn`t it worth something?

no because he plays with 5 hall of famers in their prime!

hugepatsfan
01-17-2011, 02:44 AM
The fact that CP3 isn't dominating this poll doesn't speak well to the overall intelligence of PSD.

Kobes a Killer
01-17-2011, 02:52 AM
Makaveli is high out of his damn mind if he really thinks Tony Parker is the 2nd best of in the league thanks to rings, but still has a ringless Rose ahead of him...WTF???

Kobes a Killer
01-17-2011, 02:53 AM
I would have quoted makaveli but it's too hard on my iPhone but this is a facepalm if I've ever seen one

Bruno
01-17-2011, 02:56 AM
Cp3.

ragee
01-17-2011, 03:04 AM
I picked D-Will but I think the PG position is pretty stacked right now that anyone could make an argument for his favorite PG... D-Will, CP3, Rose, Rondo and maybe Westbrook can all have valid arguments why they are the best....

Bulls_fan90
01-17-2011, 03:32 AM

What were his stats the last time he played Ronda?

bbcmillionaire
01-17-2011, 03:42 AM
Well I'll have to change my opinion,
Dwill
Cp3
Rose
Rondo
Westbrook

Rose is having the best season, but overall he's still 3rd. But knowing rose's work ethic, I think he will be 1 or 2 next season. I know rondo is averaging like 13ast per game. But come the hell on, he has kg(who's having a good season) ray Allen(best shooter of all time maybe) and Paul peirce with a old slower but can still can get 20 n 10 on any given night shaq. If rondo can do this while being the #1 player teams prepare for offensively and defensively I'll give him his props. Till then he's the 4th best pg

Cubs Win
01-17-2011, 03:48 AM
Well I'll have to change my opinion,
Dwill
Cp3
Rose
Rondo
Westbrook

Rose is having the best season, but overall he's still 3rd. But knowing rose's work ethic, I think he will be 1 or 2 next season. I know rondo is averaging like 13ast per game. But come the hell on, he has kg(who's having a good season) ray Allen(best shooter of all time maybe) and Paul peirce with a old slower but can still can get 20 n 10 on any given night shaq. If rondo can do this while being the #1 player teams prepare for offensively and defensively I'll give him his props. Till then he's the 4th best pg

I voted for Rose, because of how you mentioned how he's having the best season, but I can certainly agree with this. D-Will and CP3 have earned their spots over several seasons. I think next year, given the improvements he has a likely chance of making, he can, not will, but can catch one or both of them to move into that number 1 or 2 spot with certainty.

EDIT: By the way, I think CP3 has the most likely chance of slipping out of those top 2 spots simply because of his injury history. Most likely, he stays healthy and plays super-efficient like always, but you can never tell.

Achillez
01-17-2011, 03:51 AM
Up until last week I probably would have said CP3, but after seeing what Deron did to the Knicks, I have to go with him.

Dade County
01-17-2011, 03:53 AM
CP3 hands down.

sunsfan88
01-17-2011, 04:29 AM
LOL, D-Will, Rondo, Weatbrook & Parker all have more votes than Nash? ROFL!

The OP should have added Fisher & Arroyo cause I'm pretty sure they'd be in top 3 votes.

CP3>Rose>Nash>D-Will>Parker>Westbrook

sargon21
01-17-2011, 04:39 AM
^ D-Will below Nash? Also, I find it insane that people would have Rondo over Nash, I mean imagine the damage that Nash would do with that team...

MackShock
01-17-2011, 04:59 AM
derrick rose is killing right now...i vote him

PrettyBoyJ
01-17-2011, 06:57 AM

They're 3rd in the east but 3.5 games from 1st and only a 1 lost separating them on the losing column from being 2nd.. If D-Wade and LBJ can be CO-MVP as a 2 seed then D. Rose def. has a case

Knickrocketsfan
01-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Up until last week I probably would have said CP3, but after seeing what Deron did to the Knicks, I have to go with him.

it the knicks... i guess you changed your opinion about miles 2.

Antipod
01-17-2011, 07:32 AM
^^^ Item(s) Total Amount:$39.00
( Tax fee and Handling fee):$21
Total Account:$60.00

at least you give "free shipping":facepalm:

MackShock
01-17-2011, 07:48 AM
spam

vdv36
01-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Give D Williams C Paul and D Rose the weapons Rondo has in Boston..... Rondo wouldn't even be on this list... its easy to average 13.4 assist when every player on your team is a great shooter.... Rose has Boozer Deng (when he wants to play).... D Williams has AK47 Millsap and ???... C Paul has David West and ???.... Rondo has Allen Pierce Garnett Perkins Shaq Davis.... not trying to be a hater but stop giving Rondo so much credit....

Its kind of like Emmitt Smith and the Cowboys braking the rushing record... guess what??? he had a hall of fame type offensive line.... what did berry sanders and Walter Payton have??? What ever ESPN loves Boston & New York doesn't really matter what I think.... What ever ESPN says... people do....

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 09:29 AM

funny. He disappears in the clutch typically...

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 09:30 AM
The fact that CP3 isn't dominating this poll doesn't speak well to the overall intelligence of PSD.

yeppers

thekmp211
01-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Give D Williams C Paul and D Rose the weapons Rondo has in Boston..... Rondo wouldn't even be on this list... its easy to average 13.4 assist when every player on your team is a great shooter.... Rose has Boozer Deng (when he wants to play).... D Williams has AK47 Millsap and ???... C Paul has David West and ???.... Rondo has Allen Pierce Garnett Perkins Shaq Davis.... not trying to be a hater but stop giving Rondo so much credit....

Its kind of like Emmitt Smith and the Cowboys braking the rushing record... guess what??? he had a hall of fame type offensive line.... what did berry sanders and Walter Payton have??? What ever ESPN loves Boston & New York doesn't really matter what I think.... What ever ESPN says... people do....

such a hideous, flawed, outdated argument. it's just not true.

either way, chris paul is still the best pg in the league. still.

dhopisthename
01-17-2011, 01:49 PM
I am a utah jazz fan so i am biased into thinking dwill is the best player, but how can you not think it is Paul? the only thing he isn't is a lockdown defender, but no one on that list is, but maybe westbrook and rondo and what paul does on offense compensates greatly for it

KingPosey
01-17-2011, 02:07 PM
better all around PG? yeah its not far fetched at all to say he's better than Rose. You do realize he avg's over 13 assists per game this year right. Do i think Rose is a more talented player yes but Rondo plays the position of PG to near perfection.

minus the fact he cant make jumpers, i agree.

Ebbs
01-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Lol who voted for Wall and other...

el_primo_nano
01-17-2011, 03:20 PM
I personally love D-Will. He makes spectacular passes, and his body frame allows him to go pound for pound with anybody

Cunanan
01-17-2011, 03:39 PM
i voted D.Will because i honestly think he is the clear cut best pg in the league....he can have the title up until next season when Derrick Rose takes over!!!!!

Tony_Starks
01-17-2011, 03:56 PM
funny. He disappears in the clutch typically...

You must not watch a lot of his games, he's money in the clutch. Actually had a very nice fourth quarter display in a comeback victory over your Wolves not too long ago as I recall. That streak of fourth quarter comeback games that they had is a direct product of him.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 04:06 PM
You must not watch a lot of his games, he's money in the clutch. Actually had a very nice fourth quarter display in a comeback victory over your Wolves not too long ago as I recall. That streak of fourth quarter comeback games that they had is a direct product of him.

edit: not even worth the time dude. You believe your eyes, I believe both my eyes, and the numbers that are out there for his "clutch" play. But Deron has indeed notoriously disappeared late in games during the playoffs. His overall line looks great over the series, but his production has come well before the final minutes.

sunsfan88
01-17-2011, 04:59 PM
^ D-Will below Nash? Also, I find it insane that people would have Rondo over Nash, I mean imagine the damage that Nash would do with that team...

Yup. As much as I love D-Will, he's not nearly as dangerous as Nash is...even at age 37.

sunsfan88
01-17-2011, 05:02 PM
edit: not even worth the time dude. You believe your eyes, I believe both my eyes, and the numbers that are out there for his "clutch" play. But Deron has indeed notoriously disappeared late in games during the playoffs. His overall line looks great over the series, but his production has come well before the final minutes.

Not true. I think Utah leads the NBA in most wins when having a double digit deficit and Williams is responsible for each and every 1.

bulldog312
01-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Paul, Rose, Williams.

KingPosey
01-17-2011, 05:08 PM
no because he plays with 5 hall of famers in their prime!

and here comes the guy with no real argument to....argue.

WHODAT8o8
01-17-2011, 05:10 PM
ohhhhh rondoooooooooo if he had a jumper lol

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Not true. I think Utah leads the NBA in most wins when having a double digit deficit and Williams is responsible for each and every 1.

I am speaking of his career, as well as playoffs.

nitric
01-17-2011, 05:22 PM
and here comes the guy with no real argument to....argue.

FYI Both Pierce and Allen are flirting with a 50-40-90. Prime or not both are playing excellent

D1JM
01-17-2011, 05:25 PM
i picked rose because he is younger and has a very high ceiling. However, give me d will over cp3

Kashmir13579
01-17-2011, 05:31 PM
bulls fans...

KingPosey
01-17-2011, 05:33 PM
FYI Both Pierce and Allen are flirting with a 50-40-90. Prime or not both are playing excellent

lol dude he was being sarcastic, and u missed the boat on this one. Its his continuing argument that he puts up with no common sense.

RZZZA
01-17-2011, 05:36 PM
bulls fans...

grr, don't they just make you mad. You hate them I know you do, you hate.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 05:37 PM
lol dude he was being sarcastic, and u missed the boat on this one. Its his continuing argument that he puts up with no common sense.

I think he is Rondo'a brother actually. Its insane. The man can't admit a single fault of Rondo without attempting to layer it with context as excuses.

DeyAce
01-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Rose and it's not even close

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Rose and it's not even close

are you serious?

bostonrules37
01-17-2011, 05:50 PM

not sure why u think he has no offensive game! sure he doesnt have a great outside shot but he can drive by anyone and is a very good finisher close to the hoop! i think williams is the best but rondo and rose are close by!

dacreator101
01-17-2011, 05:55 PM
how can yall put chris paul over dwill? dwill is a beast..good D, good off, and when they played against each other i remember them going at it..but dwill had the better half...also way bigger than cp3...to me its dwill>rose>cp3>rondo>nash....westbrook would be my 6th pg

Minimal
01-17-2011, 06:01 PM
how can yall put chris paul over dwill? dwill is a beast..good D, good off, and when they played against each other i remember them going at it..but dwill had the better half...also way bigger than cp3...to me its dwill>rose>cp3>rondo>nash....westbrook would be my 6th pg
He is the worst defender out of this 4 (Paul, Williams, Rondo, Rose)
Paul and Rondo are 2 best PG defenders in the league.

ChiSox219
01-17-2011, 06:02 PM
1. Deron/CP3
3. Rose
4. Nash
5. Rondo

Nash creates baskets at a higher rate and turns the ball over at a lower rate than Rondo (the league's leader in turnovers per 100 possessions). How many assists does Nash average if he's in Boston?

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 06:04 PM

Paul is a better defender, more efficient scorer, more efficient offensive player, more efficient passer, better creator for himself and his teammates, I might be leaving something out here, but that should cover it.

kingbrentg
01-17-2011, 06:06 PM
1. Paul/Williams
3. Rose
4. Nash/Rondo

D1JM
01-17-2011, 06:06 PM
He is the worst defender out of this 4 (Paul, Williams, Rondo, Rose)
Paul and Rondo are 2 best PG defenders in the league.

D will is a Very good defender.

sargon21
01-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Paul is a better defender, more efficient scorer, more efficient offensive player, more efficient passer, better creator for himself and his teammates, I might be leaving something out here, but that should cover it.

Then why doesn't he win more?

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 06:11 PM

his roster is either pathetic, hurt, or both. Can't help roster support dude. It would be a crime if Paul's career rots away with nothing around him. The ONE TIME he had a healthy roster with even marginal talent in 07-08', his season was better than any PG has played since Stockton, and none of these guys today are going to touch that season most likely. Paul should have been MVP that year no question.

D Roses Bulls
01-17-2011, 06:11 PM

agreed and if sloans system allowed for it, williams numbers would be a lot better. I would take williams over cp3 any day and williams has had more success in this league as well.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 06:13 PM
so we are ranking on roster support now?
Then Rondo is absolutely better than Rose.

See how that works? Either be consistent, or expect not to be taken seriously.

sargon21
01-17-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't understand how his roster is pathetic. Okafor is close to Noah, West is below Boozer, but close, Ariza near Deng, Bellini>Bogans, how is that pathetic?

D1JM
01-17-2011, 06:17 PM
agreed and if sloans system allowed for it, williams numbers would be a lot better. I would take williams over cp3 any day and williams has had more success in this league as well.

I dont know about success. Williams got rookie of the year and that's about it.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 06:19 PM
I don't understand how his roster is pathetic. Okafor is close to Noah, West is below Boozer, but close, Ariza near Deng, Bellini>Bogans, how is that pathetic?

Okafor is nothing close to Noah, West is nothing close to Boozer, Ariza has proven to be a guy who cashed in on being a 4th option on a championship team and isn't in the conversation with Deng, and the list goes on.
Are you seriously comparing New Orleans roster talent to that of the Bulls?

By the way, look at West's season before Paul showed up. West can thank his success to Paul himself. The Hornets have a bunch of average and below average players if you remove Paul and West. The Bulls not so much. And the Jazz, Celtics, and Thunder, for sure not

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 06:21 PM

you mean Paul won ROY, right?

D1JM
01-17-2011, 06:22 PM

I have to agree with hawkeye sargon. We have a better team than the hornets.

sargon21
01-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Then why pass to below-average players? Instead, he should be trying to take over scoring wise, and in clutch situations not passing off, period.

sargon21
01-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Yes we obviously have more talent, but it's not a huge enough difference that he's making it out to be.

mrblisterdundee
01-17-2011, 06:24 PM
If you're talking about the individual, it's Chris Paul. Last I checked, he's the most effective player in the NBA.

D1JM
01-17-2011, 06:25 PM
you mean Paul won ROY, right?

Yea haha. Both of them have had similar success except for the Roy. IMO it comes down to preference between the two.

CHANGO
01-17-2011, 06:26 PM

:laugh:

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Sargon, go look at all the guys Paul played with his first two years, and their numbers before they played with him. Pretty much everyone he played with (especially West and Chandler) experienced major jumps in production when Paul started playing with them. Hell, even broken down Peja got a bump.

There is absolutely nobody from 06-09' who was on Paul's level. There still isn't, but he is not quite playing at the same level he was then. This is a PG with a PER over 30, and a TS% of a center, with an assist percentage around 50% while keeping turnovers low. His offensive ratings are off the charts.

This is actually the one position with the biggest gap between #1 and #2 over the past 6 years.

sargon21
01-17-2011, 06:28 PM
:laugh:

11 and 10 is close to 14 12, 19 and 7 is close to 20 and 10

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Then why pass to below-average players? Instead, he should be trying to take over scoring wise, and in clutch situations not passing off, period.

when you are a shot creating PG, you pass to your teammates. In the game of basketball, especially in the NBA, you can't just not use a guy, or the defense picks up on it quickly and shuts your tendencies down. Cmon now. I don't think I need to explain it to you like you are in 1st grade, you know the game just fine Sargon

Mplsman
01-17-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm going with Drose.

sargon21
01-17-2011, 06:30 PM
I understand he is a monster efficiency wise, and no one playing the game right now will probably ever reach his level in that. The biggest problem for me is that I believe if he would lower his efficiency a bit, aka avg 20 and 13, force a couple more turnovers, that it would be for the better of his team because he was putting more burden on himself, than these "so-called" scrubs, thus resulting in more wins.

TheWatcher34
01-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Chris Paul is the only true FRANCHISE PLAYER on that list. so, Rondo can't be the best pg in the league that's for sure. Rose = a great scorer and therefore a completely different player than Rondo. D-Williams is probably close second after Chris Paul.

it all depends on how you look at it (Bulls fans). there is no objectivity in defining the best (Bulls fans) it doesnt make sense (Bulls fans). different players fit different systems as they are expected to play in a certain way as their coaches demand from them etc.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 06:32 PM
I understand he is a monster efficiency wise, and no one playing the game right now will probably ever reach his level in that. The biggest problem for me is that I believe if he would lower his efficiency a bit, aka avg 20 and 13, force a couple more turnovers, that it would be for the better of his team because he was putting more burden on himself, than these "so-called" scrubs, thus resulting in more wins.

Do you watch Hornets games over the past 6 years? Just curious, I don't mean this in the slightest negative way.

Hustlenomics
01-17-2011, 06:34 PM
I think he is Rondo'a brother actually. Its insane. The man can't admit a single fault of Rondo without attempting to layer it with context as excuses.

I said shooting is his fault he does everything else great and to say he's a TERRIBLE scorer is stupid kwame brown is a TERRIBLE scorer joel anthony is a TERRIBLE SCORER Rondo is not

Hawkeye15
01-17-2011, 06:36 PM
I said shooting is his fault he does everything else great and to say he's a TERRIBLE scorer is stupid kwame brown is a TERRIBLE scorer joel anthony is a TERRIBLE SCORER Rondo is not

then I will change TERRIBLE to RIDICULOUSLY INEFFICIENT. Better?

my point stands. You refuse to find a single fault in Rondo's game without trying to come up with a context, ie, excuse, for that fault.

CHANGO
01-17-2011, 06:36 PM
11 and 10 is close to 14 12, 19 and 7 is close to 20 and 10

:up:

sargon21
01-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Do you watch Hornets games over the past 6 years? Just curious, I don't mean this in the slightest negative way.

Haha, yes I do, and I've watched many times late in games, him pass it off, only for a guy like West to just miss the shot. I would want him to put the burden on himself and just take the maybe tougher shot, but the big-time players/pgs should be able to hit those shots.

D Roses Bulls
01-17-2011, 06:38 PM

he's made it farther in the playoffs then cp3 ever has and I believe made the playoffs more as well.